Author Topic: Persona in '10!  (Read 90838 times)

Offline Shiba21

• Sailor Scout
    • My deviantART
Re: Persona in '10!
« Reply #200 on: August 19, 2010, 09:52:44 pm »
Because Ken was so nice as to show me this game's screenshots and info, I decided to share the trailer with you, since Ken and I are really interested in the game. Please note this is a tad on the NSFW side, so please keep that in mind if you decide to watch. It's SMT/Atlus, so I figured it'd be cool to share. (Future cosplay ideas?)

I just heard about this as well and I'm quite excited for it! The whole horror theme seems awesome and it's nice to see something different like this from Atlus.
I have my doubts as to whether they'll release this game outside of Japan because of the content though...
Visit my DeviantART! http://qiisnii.deviantart.com

2013 cosplay plans:

- Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou demo koi ga shitai!) 95%
- Anzu Futaba (iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls) 25%

Offline yukiko168

• Oni
    • Deviant, yes?
« Reply #201 on: August 20, 2010, 02:42:21 pm »
I just heard about this as well and I'm quite excited for it! The whole horror theme seems awesome and it's nice to see something different like this from Atlus.
Ehh, really, Yukari? I thought that it was kinda creepy. >_>

Offline Fachion-pari

• Chibi
« Reply #202 on: August 20, 2010, 10:21:44 pm »
I VOTE PARKING GARAGE
Parking garageee! I wouldn't mind doing that again! And I'll probably wear my contacts this time, haha.
Kumoricon 2012!
Midori - Devil Survivor
Lal Mirch- Khr (possibly)
Masako - Mawaru Penguindrum

Offline yukiko168

• Oni
    • Deviant, yes?
« Reply #203 on: August 22, 2010, 09:18:18 pm »
So have we decided on Saturday for the photoshoot/hang out day? And is there an approximation for around when the photoshoot should be? Since the schedule for the convention has already been posted, I think it would be best if we set the date for sure and at least a rough time so that it'll be easier for us to maintain a schedule. :O

Offline Salehthesage

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #204 on: August 22, 2010, 11:45:41 pm »
http://www.kumoricon.org/?p=1038

^ Link to schedule for those who couldn't/can't find it.

As far as I can tell [and this isn't much because these things are hard for me to read on PDF because of the schedule set-up], nothing really MAJOR is happening Saturday night [like the masquerade ball or anything], so that seems to be a safe bet still?
I hope someone can back this up though.
KUMORICON 2011 COSPLAYS

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #205 on: August 23, 2010, 04:48:39 pm »
I'm...tentatively busy on Day 2 in the evening, so Saturday works fine for me now. 
lol peer pressure

Plans:
Kumoricon '11: Catherine (Catherine), Nanami (Revolutionary Girl Utena)
Sakuracon '12: Ryfia (Arc Rise Fantasia), other things

Offline Fachion-pari

• Chibi
« Reply #206 on: August 23, 2010, 05:03:05 pm »
Juliaaaa ;o; (If you're busy feel free to ask me to do food runs for you! You artist alley peeps are all so busy!)
And quick update, I may be coming down alone, Chie is having money issues, and our friend that was a possible Rise isn't coming at all. ): So if I'm coming alone, I may just bring my Shadow Yukiko. It's 95% done, I just don't have yellow contacts.
Kumoricon 2012!
Midori - Devil Survivor

Offline Shiba21

• Sailor Scout
    • My deviantART
« Reply #207 on: August 23, 2010, 05:42:30 pm »
You're going to be in the Artist's Alley again this year, Serika? : o
Which booth are you going to be in?
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 05:42:53 pm by Shiba21 »

2013 cosplay plans:

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #208 on: August 23, 2010, 07:53:36 pm »
@Shiba21: I'm going to be in THE LEGACY (i think....two of you will get it...) with my Akihiko friend who...idk if he'll join us lolololol

@Fachion-pari: We'll see how it goes!  I have the great ability to shut off bodily functions when having fun, so.  I appreciate it though.  I'll consider it....
Also, you should totally bring Shadow Yukiko.  It just.  I want you to bring that. (partially because i want to try it on god i'm horrible) If I can work up the courage to bring hi-cut Yukari with me, we should have a nonsensical slutty party/shoot. 
Speaking of that... does anyone want me to wear high-cut armor Yukari one of the days?  It wouldn't be on the shoot day, but I really don't have a clue what I'm wearing during the con.  If it were just me I'd lean towards no (hard to put on, awkward in public, COLD) but I really DON'T HAVE ANY IDEA what I'm wearing during the con yet so if someone wants to see it...yeah. 
lol peer pressure

Plans:

Offline Salehthesage

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #209 on: August 23, 2010, 09:14:00 pm »
@Shiba21: I'm going to be in THE LEGACY
When I'm Jay and you're Shirley we shall giggle about this eternally.

BUT THIS IS PERSONA.

@Fachion: I still say you should just kidnap Laurie. If you hold up a gun at her work and tell them to bring you your Chie then they really can't say no. Oh, and rob the place so you have the money.

@Red Spark: Did you have a chance to check out Koji or anything?
KUMORICON 2011 COSPLAYS

Offline Red Spark

• Sailor Scout
    • Drawing Blog
« Reply #210 on: August 24, 2010, 12:15:50 am »
@Saleh: TOMORROW,I SWEAR. ;_;

Cosmic forces keep obstructing my journey into Portland...but tomorrow will see the end of that.

Tomorrow had better see the end of that. .___.
Conventions attended thus far:
Kumoricon 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010
Sakuracon 2008, 2009, 2011

Current cosplay plan: Shoma Takakura (Mawaru Penguindrum), Jonathan Ariga (Catherine), and...

...and...uh..? Hm...

Offline Fachion-pari

• Chibi
« Reply #211 on: August 24, 2010, 12:52:37 am »
@Juliaaa: I totally love your name, I'm sorry. OTL AND I MUST BRING HER NOW. Because who doesn't want to act like a slut in cosplay? My only problem is I have no contacts. Will you still want me to take her with no contacts?  ;A; (And pssh, I don't care if you try it on! I'd love you to!) Just have to figure out when to wear her. Unless you wanna borrow the outfit for like, a day? Sunday and Monday I won't be wearing her for sure.
@Kennn: (Keeping the theme running here,) Her work isn't the problem, but seriously, if it does, I'm going to pull up, drag her out the window, (with some food of course) and speed off.
@Tannerrrr (yes, I know your name. ;]) Please let us know how it goes! And thanks for checking places out!
Sorry, long post..! ;o;
Kumoricon 2012!
Midori - Devil Survivor

Offline Red Spark

• Sailor Scout
    • Drawing Blog
« Reply #212 on: August 24, 2010, 10:59:48 pm »
ALRIGHT GUYS! o_o

SO THAT RESTAURANT. (Koji's/Koji Osakaya on Broadway) I finally got the chance to dine there tonight.

It could totally seat a fairly large group of people. Those "Japanese-style rooms" they advertise on the website? (http://www.koji.com/Img/KojiOnBwyJpnRoomMid.jpg)

There are just screens that divide each table in that section of the restaurant, and they can be rolled up and put away. In addition, the tables can slide together for larger groups. There are a total of five tables, and each table can seat four people.
The only thing that I think could be an issue is if the restaurant is particularly busy that night, and those tables are all taken. (The restaurant was...completely empty tonight except for my friend and I. Maybe that's just how Tuesdays are?) Or if the food/pricing does not sit well with our group.

...also, they require customers to remove their shoes before sitting down at those tables. There's a space to set shoes just in front of the tables.

THIIIIISSSSSSSSS ends my report.

And the restaurant isn't even one whole block south of the hotel.

EDIT: @Falchion-Pari: I...I'll get your name! At some point. >_>
« Last Edit: August 24, 2010, 11:00:53 pm by Red Spark »

Current cosplay plan: Shoma Takakura (Mawaru Penguindrum), Jonathan Ariga (Catherine), and...

...and...uh..? Hm...

Offline Fachion-pari

• Chibi
« Reply #213 on: August 26, 2010, 07:13:25 pm »
Oh, that's fantastic! Should we try and eat there, or should we wait to see if anyone wants to eat somewhere else? I like the walking distance, and space. So, my vote is we should go. And someone can set up a reservation? I can do that, if need be. I might be in Shadow Yukiko gear for the photoshoot, so my friend can be Yumi (ohohoho!), so the distance is a big perk. :]
Kumoricon 2012!
Midori - Devil Survivor

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #214 on: August 27, 2010, 04:38:13 am »
Alright!  I'm all for this place, and it sounds like Mitsuru might be going as well (so...since she's very downtown savvy, she can help lead us there if we become retarded, haha....).  Ryoji, when you went by did you happen to ask if it costs anything to rent the entire roomspace?  If not, then whoever calls can ask and find out for sure.  As well as the hours, since I couldn't find them anywhere... Linking to the site again in case it's too hard to google: http://www.koji.com/locations.htm

Also!  We need to have a for sure photoshoot time/location by AUGUST 30TH.  So, we know Saturday night for sure now- artist alley closes at 6 pm that day and since Akihiko and I are the only ones running the booth at this point... We need some time to close up (and people don't always leave immediately) so is 6:30 in the 2nd floor lobby a good time to LEAVE for the photoshoot and then later, dinner (probably around 7-7:30 dinner time)?  If this is okay, I'd list 6:00 as MEETUP time on the photoshoot schedule (I liked seeing the big group of persona cosplayers, even though only a handful showed up-----).

If we must move this earlier (we might need to, depending on the restaurant hours and how long they'd be willing to accommodate us) then I think Akihiko and I are willing to change it.  Up to an hour earlier (meaning we'd plan to be in the lobby at around 5:15-5:30) but we'd REALLY appreciate not having to do this, since time gone is lost sales. 

ANYWAYS.  Let me know what you guys think, so we can get this up on the photoshoot thread SOON SOON SOON.
lol peer pressure

Plans:

Offline Salehthesage

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #215 on: August 27, 2010, 11:40:46 am »
Also!  We need to have a for sure photoshoot time/location by AUGUST 30TH.  So, we know Saturday night for sure now- artist alley closes at 6 pm that day and since Akihiko and I are the only ones running the booth at this point... We need some time to close up (and people don't always leave immediately) so is 6:30 in the 2nd floor lobby a good time to LEAVE for the photoshoot and then later, dinner (probably around 7-7:30 dinner time)?  If this is okay, I'd list 6:00 as MEETUP time on the photoshoot schedule (I liked seeing the big group of persona cosplayers, even though only a handful showed up-----).
This all sounds perfect, but I have one question.

If we have dinner around 7-7:30, won't that leave a short window for the actual photoshoot? I mean, if we leave at 6:30 and factor in walking time+finding good locations. I don't remember how long the photoshoot took last year, but I have a feeling we might need more time sense no one seems to have an idea of where we'll actually take the pictures?

Other then that though, your schedule sounds perfect. I say if we push dinner back a little bit though it would be okay, as long as the restaurant is still open? The only people I can remember who have to leave early had to leave at 10, so we would still have time for King's Game and stuff back at the hotel.
KUMORICON 2011 COSPLAYS

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #216 on: August 27, 2010, 04:06:53 pm »
Alright, I just called...

1000 SW Broadway is the address.  This is the one closer to the Hilton than pioneer square, according to the guy I talked to. (i had a hard time understanding the website)

I counted the people who have been active in the last several pages, and including everyone from like.. 3 pages ago, plus mitsuru, that's 11 people.  I told him we would expect "more than 11" and he seemed a little flustered and wanted to know EXACTLY how many it'd be, so I said in the range of "11-15" since not too many random people showed up last year.  So, he said he'd set up PART of the room (not the full room) which can seat 14 people comfortably, 16 if we want to squeeze in.  This makes me a taaaad bit nervous since we don't know exactly how many people WILL decide to come by (it could be much more than last year...) so ANY LURKERS WHO HAVE BEEN READING AND NOT POSTING WHO WANT TO JOIN, WE WANT TO WELCOME YOU!  PLEASE POST SO WE CAN HAVE A MORE ACCURATE IDEA FOR THIS RESERVATION.  IF YOU'RE SHY AND DON'T WANT TO TALK, WE WON'T MAKE YOU.  UNTIL DINNER.  please post pls.  He said if we become aware of the number going up (when I mentioned it was part of the convention going on, he said "ooooh" so he seemed to understand) to call but when I said we might not know until an hour before--- that might be a little hard on him, but to call anyways.  So, I don't want to make things hard on him.  LET ME KNOW if there are going to be other people there.  And this year, I'd *ideally* really like to enforce the Persona/SMT dress code (Yeah, I'm willing to let an Alice or a Midori or whoever join in) so I don't really want random other folks in other outfits tagging along... but i'm probably too much of a pushover to say no

I have it reserved for arriving "7-7:30" ish, but if we choose to change things we can.  They're open from 11:30 am to midnight, so there's a little....bit of time there.  Let me know how you guys feel.
lol peer pressure

Plans:

Offline Fachion-pari

• Chibi
« Reply #217 on: August 27, 2010, 04:26:33 pm »
I like the prospect of having a little time in between the photoshoot and dinner, in case my friend is cosplaying as Yumi, because I'll have to change. xD;
@Dana: At least changing will be easy, since you'll be at the Hilton? I'm excited to be staying at it, hopefully we won't be on a high floor. At Sakuracon the elevator broke on Sunday. Luckily since we're used to stairs, the 17th floor wasn't too bad to run up and down from, haha!
And Julia! Meaghan, my friend who might be Yumi, wants to tag along. I don't think she'll be changing her mind, so I want to make sure we add her to the equation. And thank you for calling the resturant!
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 08:40:38 pm by Fachion-pari »
Kumoricon 2012!
Midori - Devil Survivor

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #218 on: August 28, 2010, 03:40:45 pm »
Alright, with 12 people now... I'll need to talk to Akihiko about how soon he wants to leave.  I know I won't want to leave the AA until it closes, and he's even more focused on MONAAAY than I am.

BUT.  A (not private) photoshoot is...generally only around an hour before everyone loses steam?  And last year, our "photoshoot" was.  REALLY short.  So, I guess you guys need to think about how much time you ACTUALLY want to spend.  I think an hour and a half tops with 2 (potentially more, if any non Persona SMT cosplayers show up), then dinner.  Two hours is really a lot.  For those who have to change, that's one thing, but... unfortunately for you guys..... most of us don't, and we'll be HUNGRY (though I suppose, if it's just Dana and Merina and maybe her Yumi?? you guys could head back to the hotel to change, and meet us at the restaurant, but we don't want to leave you behind and we probably won't want to wait either.  So.) 

Tell me what you guys want, and we can work out a schedule.  But we need to do it soon. 
lol peer pressure

Plans:

Offline Fachion-pari

• Chibi
« Reply #219 on: August 28, 2010, 09:47:45 pm »
I honestly don't think we need two hours. Maybe forty-five minutes? It's up to everyone else, but I don't see us needing that much time. And PSSSAWWW. I can change in the bathroom if I need to. I can strip and change so fast, its not even funny. (because of choir, guys. nothing dirty.)  So if you guys don't feel the need to wait, I totally understand, and I'll bring a robe bag. So, yeah. And Dana! If you need time to change, I can always wait with you and what not. No big deal, since the resturant is so close this year. :] (So my idea to hurry and get this settled since there is a timeline, we meet, walk to the location for the photoshoot, have the photoshoot about forty-five minutes or so, then ship out and go have dinner. Y/N?)
Kumoricon 2012!
Midori - Devil Survivor

Offline Salehthesage

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #220 on: August 28, 2010, 11:37:06 pm »
walk to the location for the photoshoot
Did we ever decide an actual location for the photoshoot? I remember someone [I think danayoki] saying a parking garage? Is that what we've decided or are we just going to find somewhere day of [honestly, I'm not going to be doing on Saturday so I could walk around and find some good photoshoot locations]?
« Last Edit: August 28, 2010, 11:37:36 pm by Salehthesage »
KUMORICON 2011 COSPLAYS

Offline Fachion-pari

• Chibi
« Reply #221 on: August 29, 2010, 08:24:10 pm »
I'd like to go to a parking garage! (Have a slightly dark theme, since P3 and P4 have dark themes, hurdur?)
But seriously, guys, lets decide soon. Anywhere is cool!
Kumoricon 2012!
Midori - Devil Survivor

Offline DewbMonster

• Cabbit
« Reply #222 on: August 29, 2010, 09:23:05 pm »
Hey guys~! Happy update I can make it! SO~ CHIE WILL BE THERE :D And maybe I will finally eat some steak :D
Happydayhappydayhappyhappyhappyday~!
Btw I think my hair might actually be alittle short for Chie this time I got it cut and it looks like a pter pan hair cut or something.
Kumori con 2012 (this is a no go)
Aki con 2012 (Most likely a no go)
sakura con 2013 (Maybe)
AX 2013 (Maybe)

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #223 on: August 30, 2010, 03:15:08 am »
Alright, I put us down in the schedule for 6:00, and then moving to other locations....

We still need to figure out if you guys are okay with a one-hour shoot, or should we bump it up to hour and a half/two hours. 

AND, let's have a role call.... I'll remember you all by character names better, so I'll go back and edit this when I'm not working on something frantically....

Aigis (myself)
Mitsuru (friend)
Akihiko (friend) - maybe
Ken (Saleh)
Ryoji (Red Spark)
Yosuke (Danayoki)
Chie (Dewbmonster)
Yukiko (fachion)
Yumi (fachion's friend)
P3 MC??? ()
Yukari ()
Naoto ()
Someone else I forgot who posted once or twice()

So, that's 13 right now.  Any more than three who'll be joining, and I'll want to call and ask for the full room instead of just the.... 3/4s of the room.  So.  ANYONE WHO HASN'T POSTED RECENTLY, PLEASE POST NOW IF YOU'RE THINKING ABOUT COMING ALONG. 
Do you guys feel like others might be joining?  I know we will (obviously) and last year it was all the posters plus, like, their friends... OH, except the girls who didn't show up, forgot about them.  I know there were a handful of other Persona cosplayers hanging out on the 2nd floor lobby but no one actually went with us... Or did they?  See, I can't remember this stuff.  Guys, tell me if I should call and change it or not, I'm bad at making decisions. 

....also, I finished the uniform part of Aigis (about goddamn time!!!) so all that's left are gloves, ribbon (which may be provided for me by Akihiko) and headband.  ALSO, IT LOOKS REALLY AWESOME!!!!!....
lol peer pressure

Plans:

Offline Shiba21

• Sailor Scout
    • My deviantART
« Reply #224 on: August 30, 2010, 04:03:50 pm »
I will be Yukari and my friend will be going as the FeMC (or MShe or Minako or whatever you want to call her).

Sorry for the late notice (since we just sorted this out), but one of my friends who's going with us wants to join us for dinner... He hasn't played much of the Persona games but knows a bit about the series, but he will be cosplaying as the Cowardly Maya shadow and will offer to be our cameraman if he can join us. So it would be great if you could fit him in a spot for dinner.

I also remember that a few pages back, the person who posted about cosplaying as the P3 MC mentioned something about a friend joining him who will be going as Jack Frost... so that would make 15.
As for last year, there were like a couple of people who met up with us in the lobby who didn't post here, but they didn't join us for the photoshoot or dinner. And I don't believe there was anyone who actually went to dinner who didn't post here...? But seeing as we have 15 people already, it might be safer to go with the whole room...

Anyway, I'm soo excited for this! >w< Can't believe the con is only 4 days away, haha.

2013 cosplay plans:

Offline Fachion-pari

• Chibi
« Reply #225 on: August 30, 2010, 04:33:00 pm »
Four days til con?! Poo...that means two days until school. OTL; You guys don't know how excited we are, haha. But Julia, I think we should keep the 3/4 room, since we don't want too many people to be at the dinner anyways. I think we should just cap it at the 15 we have now, since anymore it might be a hassle? I don't know, I'm not trying to be unfair, but didn't the guy who was reserving for us get a little uneasy at the thought of 20 people?
Kumoricon 2012!
Midori - Devil Survivor

Offline Red Spark

• Sailor Scout
    • Drawing Blog
« Reply #226 on: August 30, 2010, 08:58:23 pm »
...Eh, they've got their own rights to the services they offer, right? We don't want to wind-up being a burden to them, or anything. (Or overstay our welcome, etc., etc...)

Still, if we have a lot, and we can't all eat down at the little Japanese-style seating area, they do have normal dining booths that are like...7-9 feet away from them. We could count on those as "overflow," if it becomes an issue. Of course, that also depends on how busy the restaurant is on a Saturday night, too.

...>_> Oh, and uh, I'm still here. Just saying. I haven't vanished.

I'm going to go and play with paper mache, now...or else I might go crazy by Thursday.

GOOD LUCK FINISHING UP COSPLAY IF IT ISN'T DONE ALREADY, GUYS. : D

@_@ OH GOD OH GOD

...and...uh..? Hm...

Offline Fachion-pari

• Chibi
« Reply #227 on: August 30, 2010, 08:59:01 pm »

Also even if he does get iffy about the idea of 20 people, I don't think he's allowed to not reserve a room for us no matter how many people we have.
True, but the space is fairly limited. I think we should be ok. :] 20 people didn't make it last year, so we shouldn't have that many this time, either.
(Btw, guys, should Shadow Yukiko have big boobs or eh, decent sized ones. I've got a big bra, so...OTL Embarassing to ask, but whatever, its cosplay!)
Kumoricon 2012!
Midori - Devil Survivor

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #228 on: August 30, 2010, 09:42:49 pm »
@fachion-pari: Whatever makes you feel more confident, as Shadow Yukiko is *CONFIDENT* or at least, you know, faking it.  

I'd...sort of like it if we had more people, than less?  But I'll call the restaurant tomorrow and say we'll anticipate having the full room.  

ALSO.  Ryoji.  Is the JAPANESE STYLE DINING ROOM AREA separated from the main booths???  Cause if they're not, I don't want to alienate people by king's game.  If you could describe the setup a little, that would be nice... I should probably know ahead of time whether or not to anticipate bringing the party upstairs or just enjoying most of it in the restaurant, since they'll be open until midnight... So if we're NOT freaking people out, we could just stay there until most of us had gotten our fill. 

edit: I forgot to mention.  I personally feel like anyone should be welcome as long as they're in cosplay.  It's not like a couple people we don't already know are gonna CRAMP OUR STYLE!!!! or something. 
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 09:49:39 pm by Serika »
lol peer pressure

Plans:

Offline Red Spark

• Sailor Scout
    • Drawing Blog
« Reply #229 on: August 30, 2010, 09:50:00 pm »
@Serika: Nope. Same room. Everything's in their dining area, no extra walls or anything. I...I think I might draw a diagram in a short while.

EDIT:

Okay, here we go. Red Spark's recollection of the dining room at the Koji's location on broadway, as rendered by tablet, is as such...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v320/RurouniGlyde/003_kojiinterior.png

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v320/RurouniGlyde/004_kojiinterior_topdown.png

But to make things more clear - nope, there's nothing separating the area we reserved from the rest of the dining room. There's just a wall in the back of the "Japanese style room" area (complete with a big mirror), and then open space on the other side.

o_o But yeah. Uh...I think they have Jazz performances that begin at 9:30, or something, on Saturdays, though. During the weekend of the con, I don't know if they have a performance prepared or not, though.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 10:42:06 pm by Red Spark »

...and...uh..? Hm...

Offline Fachion-pari

• Chibi
« Reply #230 on: August 30, 2010, 11:01:47 pm »
Well, I'll just test out the costume tonight and see how it feels. And I guess more people is fun. :] But, I think a Kings Game at the restaurant isn't such a good idea, since we do get kinda crazy, lol! (Leap frog, pyraminds...) So maybe we should try and do it in the same place of the hotel as last year, and if that doesn't work, go to your room, Julia? (Only if thats what you're ok with!)
@Red Spark: Oh my god. That is a fantastic diagram for both views. Just saying. And thanks for providing the info to the restaurant! <3
Kumoricon 2012!
Midori - Devil Survivor

Offline Shiba21

• Sailor Scout
    • My deviantART
« Reply #231 on: September 02, 2010, 05:50:47 pm »
Minako is currently in my bathroom... having a mental breakdown.

...Anyone have some wig styling tips?

2013 cosplay plans:

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #232 on: September 02, 2010, 06:23:04 pm »

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #233 on: September 02, 2010, 08:05:18 pm »
Minako is currently in my bathroom... having a mental breakdown.

...Anyone have some wig styling tips?

Uuuuh.  The thing about FemC's hairstyle is that it's really just a messy ponytail.  To get it absolutely accurate, you'd need to either have a VERY full wig to pull it into a ponytail, or stub a part in the back and create a ponytail out of extensions.  You'd then need to probably "spike" the ponytail to get that appearance of fullness and messyness.

Most wigs aren't full enough to just pull into a ponytail, because the wefts till show underneath.  Is that the problem you're having? 
(I've also seen girls just pull their regular hait into a messy ponytail.  If it's long enough and this wig is too troublesome, we understaaaand.)

(also, just reserved the full 4 tables in the restaurant, so we're good to go.  I guess we can figure out the day of how much time we want to spend.... photoshooting, rather than eating.  Grammar fail right now, I think.)
lol peer pressure

Plans:

Offline Shiba21

• Sailor Scout
    • My deviantART
« Reply #234 on: September 02, 2010, 08:17:36 pm »
Ah ha... yeah, that's exactly the problem we were having >_>

I wish we thought about this earlier instead of just buying a random wig on impulse. And now it's waaay too late to get hair extensions (lol procrastination), but even with one I still doubt it'd look good.
After fooling around for like 3 hours, we finally decided to give up... so you guys will see a black-haired Minako very soon. xD It doesn't look too bad though and the cosplay is still recognizable.
(Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever seen a Minako cosplay with the hair styled exactly right...)

And about the photoshoot... I agree with some of the other people who posted, so I really don't think we'd need any more than an hour. I don't remember the one last year taking up that much time.

2013 cosplay plans:

Offline Fachion-pari

• Chibi
« Reply #235 on: September 02, 2010, 11:02:12 pm »
Hey, guys! Can't wait to see you all Saturday! (Except Dana, who gets to see us all ugly and tired Friday!)
This is probably my last post, so I just want to say I managed to find a tiara and even a pink microphone for Shadow Yukiko, so she is totally going to troll the photoshoot, (Or at least your booths and tables.)  Anyways! I bought bubbles to hand out during the photoshoot, just for giggles and maybe crack pictures, so hopefully you guys will like those, even if they're kinda ghetto... So, see you all Saturday! :]
Kumoricon 2012!
Midori - Devil Survivor

Offline Red Spark

• Sailor Scout
    • Drawing Blog
« Reply #236 on: September 03, 2010, 11:34:25 am »
Figured I'd drop a reply into the topic one last time before Kumoricon starts. >_>

Here's to an enjoyable photoshoot, King's Game, and Kumoricon overall! : D

...now I'm going to go back to finishing this scarf and worrying about if I cut the sleeves on this shirt too short. >____>

...Oh God, it is. ;_;
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 12:30:02 pm by Red Spark »

...and...uh..? Hm...

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #237 on: September 07, 2010, 10:26:31 pm »
HELLO MY BEAUTIFUL BITCHES I LOVE YOU ALL and i doubt admins care if i swear because no one cares about persona

I'll upload my photos if I have more energy tonight.  Even though all my pictures are horrible and i have no good ones of myself sobbuuuuu~~

but @Tanner Alejandro got pictures of me dominating you in the AA, which are awesome, and i'll share them when I get the link. 
lol peer pressure

Plans:

Offline Red Spark

• Sailor Scout
    • Drawing Blog
« Reply #238 on: September 08, 2010, 12:24:39 am »
@Serika: Ha! Awesome. Can't wait to take a look at 'em. I'm kinda scared to see if I'm making a stupid face, though. >_>

And man, where's everyone else?  Let's collectively reminisce and discuss how awesome our group of Persona cosplayers was(/is?).

(Also how awesome/horrifying the rounds of King's Game were.)

...and...uh..? Hm...

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #239 on: September 08, 2010, 12:53:33 am »
@Ryojikuuuuuuun: Nonsense.  And even if you were making a stupid face, well, when you are experiencing so much pleasure and pain then who can hold it against you? 

So, here's some of my pictures.....

General Kumoricon: http://s162.photobucket.com/albums/t275/KnightSeri/Kumoricon%202010/
Persona/King's game: http://s162.photobucket.com/albums/t275/KnightSeri/Kumoricon%202010/Persona%20and%20Kings%20Game/

And if you want pictures of me and Akihiko running around the hotel like idiots at 2 am and being dumbasses in Legendia!cosplay (including many, many test shots), here you go: http://s162.photobucket.com/albums/t275/KnightSeri/Kumoricon%202010/FORMAL%20NORMA%20AND%20MASTER%20SVEN/
lol peer pressure

Plans:

Offline yukiko168

• Oni
    • Deviant, yes?
« Reply #240 on: September 09, 2010, 11:06:49 am »
Oh god, I look like an idiot in basically every one of those. OuOb

But overall, I think the Persona get-together was the most fun out of all the Kumoricon days. I agree with Ryoji, time to reminisce. Once I finish scanning my new one in, I'll post the artistic renditions of the King's Game Yukari, Akihiko, and I drew as well.

Offline Fachion-pari

• Chibi
« Reply #241 on: September 09, 2010, 04:39:37 pm »
Bawww, I miss you guys. Persona Day was a great day, and I miss the sleepover/movie time we had. (A few of you were there, haha~) I wish I took pics, but I was too distracted by certain things. (Like Kings Game!) SO. We should plan persona for Sakuracon, too~ And lol, sorry I lost my voice for the rest of the weekend. xD
Kumoricon 2012!
Midori - Devil Survivor

Offline Shiba21

• Sailor Scout
    • My deviantART
« Reply #242 on: September 09, 2010, 04:42:39 pm »
Hey all!

I managed to get all the pictures that Sunny our Cowardly Maya took and uploaded them to Photobucket.
http://s910.photobucket.com/albums/ac304/qiisnii/kumoricon2010/

And there were a few photos I really liked, so I decided to do a bit of editing on those (I mostly changed the contrast around; nothing major, haha):
http://s910.photobucket.com/albums/ac304/qiisnii/kumoricon2010/edited/

Anyway, I wish we had better pictures and stuff. There weren't many pictures where all of us were ready at the same time, or when we were the picture turned out blurry or something... xD

So how many of you guys are actually planning to go to Sakuracon? I'm afraid I won't be able to go just because it's too far away. >_<

2013 cosplay plans: