Author Topic: Persona in '10!  (Read 90833 times)

Offline Hekiru

• Cabbit
Persona in '10!
« on: November 01, 2009, 12:35:52 pm »
Here is the new 2010 thread for people cosplaying as characters from the Shin Megami Tensei: Persona series. As quoted from Serika..

PLEASE TRY TO KEEP THIS THREAD AS SPOILER FREE AS POSSIBLE.  IF SPOILERS ARE ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY IN YOUR POST, MARK THEM.  Thank you!

So go ahead and post whatever character from the series you plan on cosplaying as for K-Con '10 and other Persona-related stoof. :3

Also..

This is a little something something for my fellow Persona fans (Note: THESE DO CONTAIN SPOILERS FOR P4):

The Big Long Persona 4 comic, part 1: http://hiimdaisy.livejournal.com/26044.html#cutid1

The Big Long Persona 4 comic, part 2: http://hiimdaisy.livejournal.com/26484.html#cutid1

Enjoy!
Kumoricon 2011 Cosplays:

Simon (pre-timeskip) - Gurren Lagann
Simon Brezhnev - Durarara!!

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
Re: Persona in '10!
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2009, 05:18:33 pm »
Cough cough....

The reason I didn't make a '10 thread earlier was because I (personally) am...not sure if I'll be doing Persona cosplay, and no one else really seemed certain... (plus it's still '09 i mean come on guys)

Though I still want to talk to all the cool Persona people, and I suppose if we got another King's Game going, we'd have to cosplay Persona.  Heehee. 

(Speaking of which, if we wanted to do a King's Game thing as an actual event so we'd not have to walk all over the place and, err, break my ipod dock again [:(] I was thinking we could do it similar to the Ouran tea party thing?  But rather than pay you'd just have to get your ticket with the info desk by informing them who you'll be cosplaying.  Then after an hour or so, we could open it up to other cosplayers?  Maybe?  I don't know what I'm talking about, but I totally want to have this next year, for sure.  It'd just be way easier to do it on the grounds, I think, and plus more people might be able to see it and OMG persona meet-up yaay.  I could make (or bring) food, like sushi and sodas and stuff.  I'd need to ask the con staff what kinds of foods we can bring... Oh, I have my food handler's license, so, y'know, safe to eat and stuff.)
lol peer pressure

Plans:
Kumoricon '11: Catherine (Catherine), Nanami (Revolutionary Girl Utena)
Sakuracon '12: Ryfia (Arc Rise Fantasia), other things

Offline YouLikeRice

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2009, 06:16:31 pm »
Yeah, I don't if I'm going to do a Persona cosplay next year. (Or even go to Kumoricon next year.) BUT I STILL WANT TO BLAB ABOUT PERSONAAAAA! Has their been any recent news on P3P?

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2009, 06:17:30 pm »
You mean, other than it being released?
lol peer pressure

Plans:

Offline Fachion-pari

• Chibi
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2009, 08:47:04 pm »
Haha, I can do some looking around the con area if you'd like to see what resturants might have private rooms or something if we do decide on doing a Persona shoot/King's game again. :]
I have some news about p3p! As a girl you can date Ken! You can confess your love to him since he has a crush on you, and start dating him. And you get the high cut armor for the Female Mc. ;D
Kumoricon 2012!
Midori - Devil Survivor
Lal Mirch- Khr (possibly)
Masako - Mawaru Penguindrum

Offline NARUNIK

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2009, 09:10:20 pm »
Oh gosh..

NO WONDER ITS CALLED PERSONA....WHY CANT YA JUST PLAY SIMS!

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2009, 09:12:28 pm »
@Narunik
Incorrect.  Nice guess though.

@Fachion-pari
Interesting.  I've been wondering how the female story is different.  I know some of the SL are different characters and Yukiko makes a cameo.
"Hm, the Moe is strong with this one..."
Kylite-"You and your TV Tropes!"<Refering to This Troper's ruined voc

Offline Fachion-pari

• Chibi
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2009, 09:32:01 pm »
Yeah, you can even date Shinji, but you know...Why bother? xD;
The Female gets a whole new arcana, too I think. She's 22. Thank Livejournal for all the snipits of info I know, haha!
Kumoricon 2012!
Midori - Devil Survivor

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2009, 10:08:20 pm »
@Fachion-pari
From what I understand, yes and no.  The Fool arcana, when given a number at all, is sometimes considered to be number 0 and other times number 22. 

Offline NARUNIK

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2009, 10:49:00 pm »
Bah, I dont feel like reading or watching..

What is Persona about..

Is it like detectives or a dating sim or...CHIBI grand theft auto.

I really dont know and im hopelessly confused...

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2009, 11:31:27 pm »
@Narunik
Its an off shoot of the Shin Megami Tensai series.  Starting with Persona 3, it started adding in slice of life and dating sim like elements to the RPG series.  Persona generally refers to the powers of the characters comes from their 2nd self, or persona. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persona

@Danayoki
That be awesome!! <3 Which outfit would you do?

I'm not sure if I just want to wear Yukari again with some improvement or make a Persona 4 cosplay.

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2009, 11:55:15 pm »
Bah, I dont feel like reading or watching..

What is Persona about..

Is it like detectives or a dating sim or...CHIBI grand theft auto.

I really dont know and im hopelessly confused...

...Like, it's not that hard to find a two sentence summary of what Persona is.  To add onto what Seraph said, it's a series of RPGs that are fairly dark (while still having a fair amount of light-hearted comic relief, of course...) and focus on different peoples' motivations, inner, err, persona, and issues they face in daily life (on top of having to beat up shadows that are killin' everyone).  Persona and the Persona 2 games are more standard RPG stuff, while Persona 3 and 4 include social links, which are like forming friendships based on the 21 (22?) different tarot arcana(arcanum?).  Your relationships and POWER OF THE HEART influence your ability to summon certain Personas and fight.  Personas are your FIGHTING SPIRIT things.  You could say it's like pokemon, but with a lot more gore and badassery and shooting yourself in the head.

Chibi grand theft auto...really...

Hmmm, I'm still mulling over the idea of Shadow Yukiko or Shadow Rise.  Like, no one recognizes gas station attendant, haha.  ...Also Aigis is very nearly a dream cosplay, but I'm not sure I'd be able to pull her off quite as well as the first two.  (Other than saying I need your halp.  I'm good at that.) ...And FeMC is pretty cool also.  Though I wouldn't want to cosplay her without actually playing the game first, and I need a psp for that D8

Just reminding people that as much as we love to speculate about P3P, MARK YOUR SPOILERS IF YOU HAVE ANY, like so:

And yes, this is a spoiler for P3P... And Persona 3 in general.  Regarding Shinjiro's character. 

You can form a social link with him... It's believed that FemC/Shinji is the most canon, because if you max it within a month, he lives. 

</End spoilers.>
lol peer pressure

Plans:

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2009, 11:57:12 pm »
I don't know about the first one, but Persona 2(both of them) are much darker then Persona 3 & 4.  Enough I stopped playing because it got too depressing.  Of course, an insanely hard boss didn't help matters...

@Serika
I thought of cosplaying Yukiko instead of Yukari next year.  Should make for some interesting pictures.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 11:58:17 pm by Seraph »

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2009, 12:22:00 am »
@Seraph: You were the Yukari who joined us in King's Game, right?  *awful memory* If you were, then... Hmm... If you still wanted to crossplay, you'd make a good... Hahaha, you could be Shadow Rise in her yellow bikini!  That'd make for some interesting pictures.  But seriously, of the girls, you might make a good Fuuka or Chihiro.  Or Yukiko in her kimono?  Of the guys, maybe a Kanji... Or an Ikutsuki, heehee. 
Speaking of King's Game, someone stole the chopstick that says 1 on it.  I have all the others, including the King's...but the 1 is gone for good, it seems. 

...maybe I should be goddess izanami.... That'd be a ridiculously easy (and cheap) Persona costume to make, so that I wouldn't be cancelling any current plans I have to costumes already. 8D (I have Sakuracon figured out, and I was kinda hoping to wear the same things for Kcon, so we'll see, I guess.)
lol peer pressure

Plans:

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2009, 12:39:16 am »
@Serika
Thats correct.
Haha, Shadow Rise is a tad too difficult to be practical =P
I likely do Yukiko as I already have a long black wig.  Though, wearing a kimono instead of the school uniform didn't occur to me.

Izanami would be interesting.  However, I haven't seen what she looks in the game so I have no idea what it looks like X_X

Offline Fachion-pari

• Chibi
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2009, 06:22:22 pm »
haha, I'd love to see you as Yukiko or Izanami!
My chie and I want to do the kimono versions, but we'd rather spend our money on more cosplays...>:
Kumoricon 2012!
Midori - Devil Survivor

Offline Salehthesage

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2009, 11:51:25 pm »
-Fashionable late entrance~

Hello ladies and gents.

I still know I definitely want to do another Persona cosplay, but I don't know if I want to do Teddie or what.

If it comes down to it, I'll wear Ken again [which I'll probably do anyway I'm just sayin though].

@Serika: I think the Shinji living[spoiler] thing is stupid because his death creates so much more story and plot and it develops Ken's character so much more. I'm not much of a supporter of p3p anymore.

Although.....Yukiko does make an appearance and a bathroom scene with Ken and some hand dryers would be quite amusing.
[spoiler]
« Last Edit: November 11, 2009, 09:15:37 am by Salehthesage »
KUMORICON 2011 COSPLAYS

Offline Red Spark

• Sailor Scout
    • Drawing Blog
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2009, 08:36:56 am »
Well, I figure if the last post was a fashionable late entrance, I oughta jump aboard here, too. : D 'Morning, everyone.

I know for next year, I'll probably wind-up cosplaying as a Persona character again. I may recycle (and try to improve upon) my Minato/MC cosplay, or I might try cosplaying as Naoto from Persona 4 if I give into the urge to do so.

...Maybe Ryoji, if I feel comfortable with my hair slicked back.
Conventions attended thus far:
Kumoricon 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010
Sakuracon 2008, 2009, 2011

Current cosplay plan: Shoma Takakura (Mawaru Penguindrum), Jonathan Ariga (Catherine), and...

...and...uh..? Hm...

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2009, 03:51:30 pm »
@Red Spark: You would make an awesome Ryoji!!  And think how awesome it would be to have a giant yellow scarf ohhhh man if you do ryoji, i'll be your aigis (you know, if you want one.)

Regarding (massive spoilers for *three games!* spoilers!!!) Shinjiro's death/living bit in Persona 3:FES you have the option to bring Chidori back to life.  And let's not forget Nanako's hospital scene in Persona 4.  At least with the last two games, they're really trying to do that whole resurrection idea as much as possible.  I'm not too surprised.  Plus, in Persona 3, Ken never actually killed Shinji.  What happened was that Takaya shot him, and Shinji OMGSAVED KENNN.  Ken was in disbelief that Shinji would ever try to save someone after "killing" his mom, and that's what caused the whole transformation thing.  The same effect could come from Shinji being hospitalized and being on the verge of death... In fact, Ken might even feel more responsible for putting Shinjiro in so much pain for his sake.  The growth of his character could still occur.  (Along with a newfound OMG I'LL KILL YOU TAKAYA I'LL MAKE YOU PAY)

More spoilers... Here's what Izanami looks like.  THIS IS A SPOILER.  (and also fanart because there are like no official pictures of her.) http://gelbooru.com/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=410329  (and just a fair warning, while this picture itself is safe, there's lots of hentai on this site.  So if you click on any of the tabs on the side, yeah.) The dress is basically a long, white sheet with no arm holes, and those little...crisscrossey kimono collar things going up her neck.
lol peer pressure

Plans:

Offline Red Spark

• Sailor Scout
    • Drawing Blog
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2009, 06:58:24 pm »
@Serika: Haha, well, the more I think about it, Ryoji seems like the easier route to go for me, and the scarf is a pretty tempting accessory. If I do commit to the idea, it'd be awesome to have an Aigis around.

Maybe I could figure out a quick and easy way to switch between Ryoji and Minato interchangably, or something, too.

Also, as far as discussion about Persona 3 Portable goes...does anyone else think that the FeMC/MShe's battle theme (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnK2E2TGpnU) is awesome? A lot of her tracks are pretty nice on the ears.

Current cosplay plan: Shoma Takakura (Mawaru Penguindrum), Jonathan Ariga (Catherine), and...

...and...uh..? Hm...

Offline Hekiru

• Cabbit
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2009, 11:05:49 pm »
@Serika: Haha, well, the more I think about it, Ryoji seems like the easier route to go for me, and the scarf is a pretty tempting accessory. If I do commit to the idea, it'd be awesome to have an Aigis around.

Maybe I could figure out a quick and easy way to switch between Ryoji and Minato interchangably, or something, too.

Also, as far as discussion about Persona 3 Portable goes...does anyone else think that the FeMC/MShe's battle theme (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnK2E2TGpnU) is awesome? A lot of her tracks are pretty nice on the ears.

Do itttt~! I've never seen a Ryoji cosplay but it'd be pretty spiffy if you did it. Oh and the Persona 3 Portable is really making me consider getting a PSP, I hope they release it here in the US.

Awww, no one liked the "Super Long Persona 4 comic" I hotlinked? :c
Kumoricon 2011 Cosplays:

Offline Fachion-pari

• Chibi
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2009, 04:41:29 pm »

Oh, my god. I absolutely adore her battle theme! Wiping all out, was it? I've got it on repeat, and loving every minute of it.
Btw, you'd make an awesome Ryoji, too! If you were Minato and Ryoji, it'd be such a mindfuck, haha!
Kumoricon 2012!
Midori - Devil Survivor

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2009, 03:47:33 pm »
@Hekiru: Well, I've already read the first part, so I called my friend to tell him there was a second part (YOULIKERICE IS MY HOMIE or whatev) but I just didn't comment. XD;; Also there is one panel in the second part that makes me cry on the inside.  

edit: Oops, somehow this got posted before I was done!  To be honest, I really don't like most of FeMC's (...edit AGAIN, what the hell forums:) music.  It probably flows better in the actual game, but I'm going to really miss BABY BABY BABY BABY
« Last Edit: November 14, 2009, 03:48:57 pm by Serika »
lol peer pressure

Plans:

Offline Fachion-pari

• Chibi
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2009, 07:42:52 pm »
@Hekiru: Well, I've already read the first part, so I called my friend to tell him there was a second part (YOULIKERICE IS MY HOMIE or whatev) but I just didn't comment. XD;; Also there is one panel in the second part that makes me cry on the inside.  

edit: Oops, somehow this got posted before I was done!  To be honest, I really don't like most of FeMC's (...edit AGAIN, what the hell forums:) music.  It probably flows better in the actual game, but I'm going to really miss BABY BABY BABY BABY
I do admit that the Mass Destruction song is my favorite of like, the whole P3 game. Baby baby baby never gets old. ;D
Kumoricon 2012!
Midori - Devil Survivor

Offline Salehthesage

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2009, 10:43:28 pm »
lolchangeofplans.

I now have a big tempt to cosplay Ken from Persona 3.
Ken war! I call it.

I get to respond to a lot now.

FeMC's theme: It seems like a much different sound, at least the female vocal. It's a nice change, but I have an inside joke with "Baby baby baby" That will make me always love it the most~

@Redspark: Do Ryoji! That scarf will be awesome!

@Serika: To me, it always seemed like
Shinji would just not die or get shot or anything. And I was reading I thought it would mean Ken got shot instead .o.   But I don't know. Shinji's death was originally written in for a reason, so removing it seems....I don't know. Unnecessary and kind of pushing in "LOOK SOMETHING NEW NOW BUY THE GAME" Even with resurrecting Chidori..... I didn't know about that until now. And her sacrifice meant A LOT for Junpei and the game. [/spoiler]

EDIT: ha ha ha. i just found out FeMC
can only use spears. That sucks : <
« Last Edit: November 14, 2009, 11:07:58 pm by Salehthesage »
KUMORICON 2011 COSPLAYS

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2009, 01:56:21 pm »
@Saleh: Stop using red font.  Only use it for indicating SPOILERS (P3, P4, P3:FES, and P3P!): ...Errr, Chidori still died.  She just...came back to life later on.  Just like Nanako.  And just like it'll be the same for Shinji, perhaps a LITTLE BIT different.  RESEARCH THINGS DUDE But really, they'll most likely pull the same thing and then there will be a special moment with FeMC and Shinji in the hospital.  You just want him dead, you creep.  Also spears yuck those are my least favorite of any weapon
lol peer pressure

Plans:

Offline Fachion-pari

• Chibi
« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2009, 04:14:02 pm »
haha, the more I know about p3p, the less I like it.
So, how is everyone? :]
Kumoricon 2012!
Midori - Devil Survivor

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2009, 10:56:44 pm »
No!  Never say "how's it going" or anything similar in a thread!  That makes people not want to post for some unexplainable reason!  In fact, I really didn't want to post to say this!  If things are going slow, always ask some barely-related question to keep things on topic.  Like...let's see if this works...

Poll question because I somehow got a booth at Sakuracon: If you were buying Persona 3(!) magnets of Yukari, would you buy SEES Yukari, Maid Yukari, or High-cut Yukari?  Or what combination of them?  (They'd be around $2-3 each, like my P4 ones were at Kumoricon.  I'm thinking I might become 'that magnet girl' or something...)

Also planning some super cool Persona posters. 8D I want to use the whole P3 party with a Tartarus background, but I'm not sure how I'm going to squeeze the entire cast (plus FeMC and for some reason Metis of course...) into 11x17...
lol peer pressure

Plans:

Offline Fachion-pari

• Chibi
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2009, 05:50:51 pm »
No!  Never say "how's it going" or anything similar in a thread!  That makes people not want to post for some unexplainable reason!  In fact, I really didn't want to post to say this!  If things are going slow, always ask some barely-related question to keep things on topic.  Like...let's see if this works...

Poll question because I somehow got a booth at Sakuracon: If you were buying Persona 3(!) magnets of Yukari, would you buy SEES Yukari, Maid Yukari, or High-cut Yukari?  Or what combination of them?  (They'd be around $2-3 each, like my P4 ones were at Kumoricon.  I'm thinking I might become 'that magnet girl' or something...)

Also planning some super cool Persona posters. 8D I want to use the whole P3 party with a Tartarus background, but I'm not sure how I'm going to squeeze the entire cast (plus FeMC and for some reason Metis of course...) into 11x17...
haha, I noticed nobody likes posting when someone asks what's up...xD;
Because I'm not a big fan of Yukari, (I like her somewhat, but not my favorite character...) I'd probably only buy the regular and high cut, or just the high cut? But because I love your magnets, who knows how much I'd actully buy! Oh, the poster sounds wonderful! Maybe getting all the characters on different levels of the background? I'm not an artist, so I don't know how to word anything artistic, sorry...

But to change the subject, I plan on getting my shadow Yukiko cosplay commisioned soon! Yay!
Kumoricon 2012!
Midori - Devil Survivor

Offline Red Spark

• Sailor Scout
    • Drawing Blog
« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2009, 07:42:23 pm »
Yay, now it's time to replllyyyyyy...because now it won't seem weird for me to do soooo...

@Falcion-pari, two posts back: : D I'm doing fine, thank you. Just tied down with assignments for my drawing class. @_@

@Serika: I'd go for a SEES Yukari, if only for the default outfit being more iconic of P3 for me. How big are the magnets, anyway? I didn't get a look at your table at Kumoricon, so I'm a little out of the loop. >_>

As of late, my mind occasionally jumps back to the rounds of King's Game the Persona cosplayers played at Kumoricon, and I wonder how "Ken + King" equaled "MC + Yosuke".

...and...uh..? Hm...

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2009, 11:14:45 pm »
@Princess Yukiko: Oooh!  I'm sooo jealous!  You'll have to let me try it on just once when I'm at your house.  Make sure your commissioner doesn't use yucky fabric!  SHINY IS BAD IF YOU CAN AFFORD IT.  DON'T GET CHEAP SHINY.  ...anyways. youshouldacommissionedmeeeeee

@Red Spark: (Errrr, extremely vague spoilers for a P4 character... I guess?  Though I think that by this point most of us have beaten it.  But still.) I took this beautiful picture for you, showing the smallest (Ameno-Sagiri), the largest (Shadow Yukiko) and the average size (MC) http://img21.imageshack.us/i/persona4magnets.jpg/ SO APPRECIATE IT. 
lol peer pressure

Plans:

Offline Red Spark

• Sailor Scout
    • Drawing Blog
« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2009, 07:50:39 am »
APPRECIATION COMMENCING! Thanks, that helps put things into perspective for me.

...and...uh..? Hm...

Offline Fachion-pari

• Chibi
« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2009, 03:55:16 pm »
@Princess Yukiko: Oooh!  I'm sooo jealous!  You'll have to let me try it on just once when I'm at your house.  Make sure your commissioner doesn't use yucky fabric!  SHINY IS BAD IF YOU CAN AFFORD IT.  DON'T GET CHEAP SHINY.  ...anyways. youshouldacommissionedmeeeeee

@Red Spark: (Errrr, extremely vague spoilers for a P4 character... I guess?  Though I think that by this point most of us have beaten it.  But still.) I took this beautiful picture for you, showing the smallest (Ameno-Sagiri), the largest (Shadow Yukiko) and the average size (MC) http://img21.imageshack.us/i/persona4magnets.jpg/ SO APPRECIATE IT. 
Haha, I keep hearing shiny is bad, so no shiny at all, I guess? Would it be ok on the white around the arms/shoulders? I just might say no shiny material. xD; And hopefully that'd be cheaper. And duh, you definately get to try on the dress!
Hey, if you know what you're doing, maybe I could commision you! It sounds to me you know a lot about making cosplay. :] And I've seen your works, so yeah!
@ Red spark: It sounds to me like you're a good artist if you have that much work! : )
Kumoricon 2012!
Midori - Devil Survivor

Offline Salehthesage

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2009, 06:37:41 pm »
I wonder how "Ken + King" equaled "MC + Yosuke".
Don't question Ken's powers.
He might be king again...
and he might make worst commands this time!
and talk in third person!

I can't wait to see Shadow Yukiko! Is anyone else doing shadow forms? [this question is kind of aimed at Serika because I want to know if she's still doing shadow rise but others answer too!]
KUMORICON 2011 COSPLAYS

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #34 on: November 20, 2009, 08:07:11 pm »
@Red Spark: No problem!

@Fachion-pari: Shiny gloves might be okay in general, but since then you'd need to get the rest of her dress the same color, I'm going to have to say no, probably.  If it has a little bit of sheen to it, that MIGHT work, as she is a fancy princess.  For the thing in the middle holding the dress up, I see that being a more thin, white flowy fabric layered over a few times.  Maybe it could be a little shiny... It depends how much you're willing to spend, honestly. 8D;;(I think I said this in another thread here, but bridal/formal satin is much, much better than costume satin.  It might look a little strange with the design on her dress, though.)  ohhh, commission me ;o; I can't make it until after the new year, but I could probably (like 85%) have it done for Sakuracon.  Especially if you're still planning to come down here for shopping or something, I could get your measurements and make a dressform. 8D

@Salehthesage: Hmm... I'm making Arietta and white gown Izanami (and potentially shadow yukiko, wink wink) for Sakuracon.  So... Probably not before then.  I might make it for Fanime, and then if you REALLY wanted to see it I could probably wear it to Kumoricon for part of the day.  Of course, this is looking sorta low on my scale, though that'll change immediately if I happen to be fabric shopping and I see the perfect stuff.  I may or may not have already planned out patterns for this... (Then, I do that with every other character I want to cosplay even slightly, so that's not saying so much)
lol peer pressure

Plans:

Offline Fachion-pari

• Chibi
« Reply #35 on: November 22, 2009, 08:02:46 pm »
@Red Spark: No problem!

@Fachion-pari: Shiny gloves might be okay in general, but since then you'd need to get the rest of her dress the same color, I'm going to have to say no, probably.  If it has a little bit of sheen to it, that MIGHT work, as she is a fancy princess.  For the thing in the middle holding the dress up, I see that being a more thin, white flowy fabric layered over a few times.  Maybe it could be a little shiny... It depends how much you're willing to spend, honestly. 8D;;(I think I said this in another thread here, but bridal/formal satin is much, much better than costume satin.  It might look a little strange with the design on her dress, though.)  ohhh, commission me ;o; I can't make it until after the new year, but I could probably (like 85%) have it done for Sakuracon.  Especially if you're still planning to come down here for shopping or something, I could get your measurements and make a dressform. 8D

@Salehthesage: Hmm... I'm making Arietta and white gown Izanami (and potentially shadow yukiko, wink wink) for Sakuracon.  So... Probably not before then.  I might make it for Fanime, and then if you REALLY wanted to see it I could probably wear it to Kumoricon for part of the day.  Of course, this is looking sorta low on my scale, though that'll change immediately if I happen to be fabric shopping and I see the perfect stuff.  I may or may not have already planned out patterns for this... (Then, I do that with every other character I want to cosplay even slightly, so that's not saying so much)
The cost of the dress is what worries me the most. I think I might have someone making the dress, but if they don't make the confirmation, then I might not do the costume at all, unless you really were up to it. Plus, I still have to commission my chrome cosplay for Reborn. But I do have confidence you'd do a great job, if you still wanted to make the costume! :]
Kumoricon 2012!
Midori - Devil Survivor

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2009, 10:58:00 pm »
@Fachion-pari
I'm working on a big dress similar to Shadow Yukiko and I needed like 5-6 or so yards of fabric thats 58 inches wide.  Not a exact amount that you will need as I did end up with some extra(which I intended).  I ended up going with the dull bridal satin from this website http://www.syfabrics.com/Browse.aspx/Dull-Bridal-Satin-Lamour-Satin--peau-di-soie-/235

@Serika
Being that I cosplayed Yukari...all 3 of them? X_X  Honestly, I think I go with SEES and Maid Yukari personally.

I'll be looking into making Yukiko for next year presuming I have the extra funds.

Offline KHking

• Catgirl
« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2009, 01:31:10 pm »
"Persona!" BAM
    I love these games!!!!!! I wanna try doing the main charecter of P3

Save Caprica!!

Offline Fachion-pari

• Chibi
« Reply #38 on: November 25, 2009, 07:21:25 pm »
"Persona!" BAM
    I love these games!!!!!! I wanna try doing the main charecter of P3
You should! :] We love more cosplayers for Persona in general!
Kumoricon 2012!
Midori - Devil Survivor

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #39 on: November 26, 2009, 02:14:45 am »
@Fachion-pari
I'm working on a big dress similar to Shadow Yukiko and I needed like 5-6 or so yards of fabric thats 58 inches wide.  Not a exact amount that you will need as I did end up with some extra(which I intended).  I ended up going with the dull bridal satin from this website http://www.syfabrics.com/Browse.aspx/Dull-Bridal-Satin-Lamour-Satin--peau-di-soie-/235

@Serika
Being that I cosplayed Yukari...all 3 of them? X_X  Honestly, I think I go with SEES and Maid Yukari personally.

I'll be looking into making Yukiko for next year presuming I have the extra funds.
Does the dress you're doing have all that stupid ruching in on the top layer?  If not, and if you needed 5 yards for yours, then for Shadow Yukiko I'd estimate around 3 yards for the skirt, 5 yards for the top and gloves, and half a yard (to a yard, depending on how full you want it) of the white bits.  The ruching is the biggest part.  ...I think. 

Okay, thanks for all the input!  It's very helpful for me.  Of everyone I've asked, Maid Yukari's the most popular. o_o;; So I'll make her SEES and Maid outfits.  For the other girls, I'm thinking a school uniform and a regular version for Aigis, but what about Mitsuru and Fuuka?  (Obviously Fuuka doesn't have a lot of fans so sadly she'll probably only get the SEES outfit, but Mitsuru's fairly popular...) Also FeMC... Should she be getting another outfit? 
lol peer pressure

Plans:

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #40 on: November 26, 2009, 04:52:40 am »
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v476/Kurimono/Marianne-1.jpg  < This is the dress I've been working on.
I've used McCall's 4090 for the skirt and for 60" inch wide, it asked for 4 yards of fabric(for just the skirt) for the size 18 I went with.  I also got a hoop skirt from Angel's Bridal on ebay as well.
All of that I got from TR's Rockin's cosplay journal of her Princess Peach cosplay.
http://www.trsrockin.com/peach_guide.html

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #41 on: November 27, 2009, 02:58:16 am »
Wow, you had EXTRA from that?  I'm in shock. 

This makes me wonder how much white I'll need for goddess izanami... NOT THAT I HAVE ANY MONEY BECAUSE NO PLACE WANTS TO HIRE ME WHIIIINE.  (Though her, dress is so simple, I'll probably only need to spend $40 total if i can budget and find a good cheap wig... Sigh.  Sometimes I hate cosplay.)
lol peer pressure

Plans:

Offline Valkie

• Cabbit
« Reply #42 on: November 27, 2009, 10:04:21 pm »
Hey everyone! I'll most likely be doing a Persona cosplay next year. Currently considering Elizabeth, Aigis and Naoto, although it sounds like some of you might be doing Aigis and Naoto, so I'm leaning Elizabeth. Not to mention it'd be a blast to act in-character as her...ahaha.

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #43 on: November 28, 2009, 08:59:13 pm »
Just ordered my Izanami wig!  I would have liked to get something under $30, and including shipping it was...$29.50. |D I'll just have to figure out what I'm doing for fabric... *wants to get high quality stuff, but now has exactly $32... and needs to buy supplies for S-con AA ;o;...so it'll probably just be boring, cheapish white cotton* COUGH UNLESS ANY OF YOU HAVE A TON OF NICE WHITE FABRIC YOU'D LIKE TO DONATE.  I'm short, 2 yards could do the trick maybe!  ...cough.

@Valkie: Oooh, you should totally be Elizabeth!  We can always use the ORIGINAL sibling. *crosses arms defiantly* But yeah, I've seen some really nice Elizabeths and I'm a little intimidated by the circles on her dress... BUT I COULD LIVE VICARIOUSLY THROUGH YOU
lol peer pressure

Plans:

Offline Fachion-pari

• Chibi
« Reply #44 on: November 29, 2009, 06:52:51 pm »
Because I am so slow, I just figured out we have one of those Puri Kuri booths across the street from Sakuracon! I'd love it if we could all try and do a few rounds of it, since you can doodle and what not with it. :]
@Serika: D: I hope you can get some more fabric! I'd send you some, but I wouldn't know what kind, and plus I just spent all my money on black friday...orz;;
@Valkie: Elizabethhhh! We'd love to have you around, and plus, I love Elizabeth so much! (Chie might have to watch out, Princess Yukiko might try and score a hot stud..ette?)
Kumoricon 2012!
Midori - Devil Survivor

Offline Salehthesage

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #45 on: November 29, 2009, 07:44:57 pm »
(Chie might have to watch out, Princess Yukiko might try and score a hot stud..ette?)
Ken is your one and only hot stud babbbyyyyyy~~~

Anyway. Cough cough.

I'll probably always wear Ken at least once, but I don't know about Teddie anymore. My mom won't allow Alice Teddie and I don't know if I could do human Teddie. And....well normal Teddie would be ridiculously difficult [not to mention sweaty, like in a mascot costume ;o;].
KUMORICON 2011 COSPLAYS

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #46 on: November 30, 2009, 10:37:43 pm »
@Salehthesage: It would be so, so easy to disguise Alice!Teddie from your mom, dude

I am 100% committed to help if you should choose such fine attire.
lol peer pressure

Plans:

Offline Fachion-pari

• Chibi
« Reply #47 on: December 02, 2009, 05:52:58 pm »
(Chie might have to watch out, Princess Yukiko might try and score a hot stud..ette?)
Ken is your one and only hot stud babbbyyyyyy~~~

Anyway. Cough cough.

I'll probably always wear Ken at least once, but I don't know about Teddie anymore. My mom won't allow Alice Teddie and I don't know if I could do human Teddie. And....well normal Teddie would be ridiculously difficult [not to mention sweaty, like in a mascot costume ;o;].
I fully support Serika! I'd help out somehow as well! I do adore men in drag. 8) Plus, a blonde wig should be fairly cheap depending on what kind you want.
that aside, why can't there be more Conventions in our area(s)? I guess therer are plenty here, but I can never make them. orz;; btw, I think I'm going through a con withdrawal? Why so early, damnit! I seriously miss you guys. );
Kumoricon 2012!
Midori - Devil Survivor

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #48 on: December 02, 2009, 06:54:18 pm »
We already have a crossplayer in here already =P

Speaking of which, the Yanki!Souji(not sure what else to call it) did cross my mind X_X
« Last Edit: December 04, 2009, 12:05:00 am by Seraph »

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #49 on: December 03, 2009, 08:49:07 pm »
Omg you guys

Should pose together as Yukiko and AliceTeddie

And we will take lots of pictures, and you will both be hit in by every girl at the con ever. 

GLAMOR PHOTOS!!!
lol peer pressure

Plans:

Offline Salehthesage

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #50 on: December 03, 2009, 09:06:45 pm »
Omg you guys

Should pose together as Yukiko and AliceTeddie

And we will take lots of pictures, and you will both be hit in by every girl at the con ever. 

GLAMOR PHOTOS!!!
Hit in...or hit on?

Being hit in sounds....painful >o<

But there's still the problem of mom. I'll get grounded if she even finds out, which she probably will somehow ;o;
KUMORICON 2011 COSPLAYS

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #51 on: December 04, 2009, 12:09:49 am »
@Serika
lol
You must of really like that one part in the game where they dress like girls.

@Salehthesage
maybe have a friend help you?

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #52 on: December 04, 2009, 12:32:04 am »
@Seraph: Actually...The culture festival really disgusted me.  The real Miss Yasogami pageant, with the girls, was pretty degrading in its own way, but the "Miss" Yasogami pageant felt like it was really disrespectful to actual crossdressers and transgendered people... Until Teddie showed up, of course. XD;; (but according to my friend who stayed in Japan for half a year, things like that are actually really common.  Japan hates everyone, I guess.)
But it's practically a fact that 99% of girls who attend anime conventions OMG!!!SQUEAL!!! when boys wear dresses. 

@Salehthesage: I wanna know how she would find out, for one thing... She doesn't know about your Jay wig yet, does she??  And because you're a smartass I'm not fixing the typo. >(
lol peer pressure

Plans:

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #53 on: December 04, 2009, 12:39:13 am »
@Serika
really?  I only saw parts of it on youtube so maybe I just missed something when I saw it.
I know Japan is still very socially conservative at least.

Reminds me of this one page in the Shugo Chara manga of character who is defensive to his having to dress like a girl.

doesn't seem like that when I crossplay at conventions o_o

Offline Salehthesage

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #54 on: December 04, 2009, 07:35:39 am »
@Salehthesage: I wanna know how she would find out, for one thing... She doesn't know about your Jay wig yet, does she??  And because you're a smartass I'm not fixing the typo. >(
Using the word 'yet' makes me really nervous...

She'll be so mad if she finds out I'm buying that.
KUMORICON 2011 COSPLAYS

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #55 on: December 04, 2009, 09:43:23 am »
say its for a friend? X_X

Offline Fachion-pari

• Chibi
« Reply #56 on: December 04, 2009, 06:46:54 pm »
On the topic of the dress, why not buy it and send it to someone who can hold onto it for you?
Or make it or whatever, but just give it to someone and have that be the end unless you want to cosplay it again, then go grab it for the next time you want to wear it? I don't know, but it sounded better in my head. xD;
Kumoricon 2012!
Midori - Devil Survivor

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #57 on: December 05, 2009, 12:30:26 pm »
I actually used the excuse of "its for a friend" when one my parents found one of my crossplay items X_X.  Crossplay isn't something I want either of my parents know about.

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #58 on: December 05, 2009, 10:13:08 pm »
Saleh isn't capable of understanding that his mom isn't some crazy, demonic surveilance camera. 

And clearly anyone who tries on a dress for fun is one of them crazy pedophile perverts, yaknow
lol peer pressure

Plans:

Offline Salehthesage

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #59 on: December 05, 2009, 10:35:58 pm »
Saleh isn't capable of understanding that his mom isn't some crazy, demonic surveilance camera. 

And clearly anyone who tries on a dress for fun is one of them crazy pedophile perverts, yaknow
Thanks for shoving words into my mouth : D

I don't think that. My mom is just very...er....naggy? She wants to know everything. She'll want to know everything [I almost got grounded for going to the last day before I forgot to call her every other hour or something]... I don't know.
KUMORICON 2011 COSPLAYS

Offline Fachion-pari

• Chibi
« Reply #60 on: December 06, 2009, 07:48:19 pm »
@Saleh: haha, well, we could always try and make the costume for you, and bring it down to K-con?
Our Chie can sew, so maybe she could sew your costume if needed? But if you don't want to do the costume, it probably isn't something to get too stressed about. :]
Kumoricon 2012!
Midori - Devil Survivor

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #61 on: December 06, 2009, 10:39:18 pm »

I don't think that. My mom is just very...er....naggy? She wants to know everything. She'll want to know everything [I almost got grounded for going to the last day before I forgot to call her every other hour or something]... I don't know.

chill dude it was a joke when have i been DDLY SRS in this thread at all

But yeah, uhh, if you don't actually want to wear this (as all the OH, IT'S HOPELESS THERE'S NO WAY is leading us or at least me to believe) then you don't have to?  And don't confuse us by putting it in your signature!!
« Last Edit: December 06, 2009, 10:41:13 pm by Serika »
lol peer pressure

Plans:

Offline Salehthesage

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #62 on: December 07, 2009, 04:48:49 pm »

chill dude it was a joke when have i been DDLY SRS in this thread at all

But yeah, uhh, if you don't actually want to wear this (as all the OH, IT'S HOPELESS THERE'S NO WAY is leading us or at least me to believe) then you don't have to?  And don't confuse us by putting it in your signature!!
I was upset at the time I typed that. 14 hours work can do that : <

I put it in my sig because I'm still considering it. I want to do one of the two Teddies.
KUMORICON 2011 COSPLAYS

Offline Valkie

• Cabbit
« Reply #63 on: December 07, 2009, 08:58:38 pm »
I'm pretty certain now that I am going as Elizabeth. Starting to gather ideas, and will hopefully get actual material soon. Excited! Sadly I won't be making it to Scon, so I won't be making my fab debut til Kcon.

@Saleh: Uugh, sounds like a painful situation. Would lovelovelove to see Alice Teddy, but I can see where it's not worth it if you're going to have to work behind your mom's back at every moment. :(

@Serika: You're right, I've been gathering references and there ARE a lot of good Elizabeths out there. At least it gives me more ideas to go off of for my own costume...yeah... definitely intimidating though. :X

@Fachion-pari: We can keep it a secret from Chie, ahaha.

yyyeah, I was a little slow on the reply. I need to get in the habit of checking the forums more.

Offline Salehthesage

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #64 on: December 07, 2009, 09:33:09 pm »
@Saleh: Uugh, sounds like a painful situation. Would lovelovelove to see Alice Teddy, but I can see where it's not worth it if you're going to have to work behind your mom's back at every moment. :(
I'm perfectly fine with working behind her back at every moment.

I'm only worried about her finding out, which there are tons of opportunities for her to [pictures, CAN I SEE YOUR COSTUMEZ, if I had to bring it home, etc.].

And it will be awesome to have an Elizabeth!
You should find an old guy with a humongous nose to be your Igor.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2009, 09:36:34 pm by Salehthesage »
KUMORICON 2011 COSPLAYS

Offline Fachion-pari

• Chibi
« Reply #65 on: December 09, 2009, 06:12:07 pm »
@Valkie: Alrighty, then~ ;D
@Saleh: We could always hold onto your costume when you go home? haha, I don't know, but if there is a will, there is a way, I guess? But you know, we love you as Ken or Teddie or whoever, it doesn't matter who you dress up as, we still love you, so don't stress too much. :] (I'm sorry, I sounded like a mom, haha)
Kumoricon 2012!
Midori - Devil Survivor

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #66 on: December 09, 2009, 07:43:17 pm »
Nah, we will only love him if he can supply the goods *ominous glare* ALSO BEING UNHAPPY?  THAT'S WHAT YOU GET FOR HELPING THE LESS FORTUNATE. 

@Valkie: How are you doing those circular bits on her dress?  I've kinda wanted to cosplay Elizabeth, but those really intimidate me! (And of course I won't if you're planning her this year, but it's still nice to know. XD;;)
lol peer pressure

Plans:

Offline Fachion-pari

• Chibi
« Reply #67 on: December 16, 2009, 03:31:15 pm »
I just want to say Merry Christmas and what not, since I'll be out of the state starting Friday. ]: I'm going to miss you guys, and hope you get some cash for cosplay! haha, just kidding, See you all in the New Year!
Kumoricon 2012!
Midori - Devil Survivor

Offline Salehthesage

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #68 on: December 16, 2009, 04:39:51 pm »
I just want to say Merry Christmas and what not, since I'll be out of the state starting Friday. ]: I'm going to miss you guys, and hope you get some cash for cosplay! haha, just kidding, See you all in the New Year!
Psssshhhh~
I'll be getting video games.

I hope I get Persona for the PSP!
KUMORICON 2011 COSPLAYS

Offline Fachion-pari

• Chibi
« Reply #69 on: December 26, 2009, 08:32:45 pm »
Seems like this thread hasn't been getting any love. >: Well, here thread, have some love, it's free! haha
so, did we all have a good Christmas/other awesome holiday?
Kumoricon 2012!
Midori - Devil Survivor

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #70 on: December 27, 2009, 06:30:48 pm »
Sadly, I didn't.  I had lots of drama of the bad kind. =(

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #71 on: December 28, 2009, 01:19:20 pm »
D8!! That's too bad...

I didn't really get any physical gifts, but I got money that's alllll going towards Sakuracon. >>;;

But I figured out a great way to make my goddess!Izanami recognizeable!  VERY vague spoilers?   I'm going to buy a black beach ball and paint it to look like Ameno-Sagiri.  AND IT WILL BE AMAZINGGGGG AND IT WILL BE MY CHILDDDD
lol peer pressure

Plans:

Offline Fachion-pari

• Chibi
« Reply #72 on: December 31, 2009, 04:48:46 pm »
D8!! That's too bad...

I didn't really get any physical gifts, but I got money that's alllll going towards Sakuracon. >>;;

But I figured out a great way to make my goddess!Izanami recognizeable!  VERY vague spoilers? 
OMG.
You must do that, I will be on the look out for you and your vauge spoiler!
Oh, and Have a good New Year, everyone! :]
« Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 04:49:23 pm by Fachion-pari »
Kumoricon 2012!
Midori - Devil Survivor

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #73 on: January 17, 2010, 07:34:59 pm »
Oh no!  We're dropping to near the bottom!!!  Let's positive thinking (and from now on, i won't get this catchphrase wrong, I swear.)

I've been working on my P3 magnets in preparation for Sakuracon's AA.. ...I'll be so pissed off if no one buys Ken, for all the work I'm putting into it. >(
(http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/017/b/c/FFFFFF__by_SerikaArenai.jpg)
lol peer pressure

Plans:

Offline Fachion-pari

• Chibi
« Reply #74 on: January 17, 2010, 09:50:15 pm »
Oh no!  We're dropping to near the bottom!!!  Let's positive thinking (and from now on, i won't get this catchphrase wrong, I swear.)

I've been working on my P3 magnets in preparation for Sakuracon's AA.. ...I'll be so pissed off if no one buys Ken, for all the work I'm putting into it. >(
(http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/017/b/c/FFFFFF__by_SerikaArenai.jpg)
After the K-con incident, we all know I'll be supporting Ken in many ways~
Including buying your magnets! Especially since they're so popular on my fridge, haha. Plus, he's looking super cute, I'll definately buy him. :]
Kumoricon 2012!
Midori - Devil Survivor

Offline Salehthesage

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #75 on: January 17, 2010, 11:31:08 pm »
<3
I remember no 'incident'.

I'll probably buy a Ken print/magnet. I hope it turns out looking awesome [although we all know it will~].
KUMORICON 2011 COSPLAYS

Offline Fachion-pari

• Chibi
« Reply #76 on: January 18, 2010, 06:33:44 pm »
<3
I remember no 'incident'.

I'll probably buy a Ken print/magnet. I hope it turns out looking awesome [although we all know it will~].
Oh, ho? Then what would you call our time together in the dimly lit bathroom~? ;D
Oh, and to hopefully get some good advice, does anyone know of a wig shop/site that might have a good yukiko wig? We all know mine died after the first/second day of the con. xD;
Kumoricon 2012!
Midori - Devil Survivor

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #77 on: January 19, 2010, 01:39:46 pm »
@Fachion-pari
Ck this one out.  It worked out quite well for my Chikaru crossplay and I would use it again for Yukiko if I manage that one.
http://cgi.ebay.com/40-Silky-STRAIGHT-BLACK-WIGS-HAIR-PERRUQUE-93L-2_W0QQitemZ190321703719QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_CSA_MWA_Wigs_Extensions?hash=item2c500ebb27

Offline Fachion-pari

• Chibi
« Reply #78 on: January 19, 2010, 06:22:09 pm »
@Fachion-pari
Ck this one out.  It worked out quite well for my Chikaru crossplay and I would use it again for Yukiko if I manage that one.
http://cgi.ebay.com/40-Silky-STRAIGHT-BLACK-WIGS-HAIR-PERRUQUE-93L-2_W0QQitemZ190321703719QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_CSA_MWA_Wigs_Extensions?hash=item2c500ebb27

Oh, and it's a really great price! Thank you, I might just order this one! <3
Kumoricon 2012!
Midori - Devil Survivor

Offline Salehthesage

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #79 on: January 20, 2010, 04:55:20 pm »
Thought I'd post this for those who actually are excited.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/opening-cinematic-persona-3/61004
English release date.
KUMORICON 2011 COSPLAYS

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #80 on: January 23, 2010, 04:18:10 pm »
Come on, everyone here's seen the opening.  It would have been much easier to say something like OH MY GOD P3P USA RELEASE DATE OH MY GOD I'M SO EXCITED. 

Not all of us are EWWW ONE SINGLE PLOT THING HAS CHANGED ON ONE STORY (when the whole girl's story has several differences, because it's supposed to be like THE BUTTERFLY EFFECT and how everything changes BECAUSE Minato is not there, END GAME SPOILERS OF MALE STORY which may or may not include housing Ryoji and Pharos, which affects the entire ending, so it is not altogether impossible to imagine earlier events are also different.  Maybe Shinji and Aki DIDN'T accidentally kill Ken's mom.  Maybe it was Strega.  Maybe Ken's mom isn't even dead and he's just a quiet kid and Shinji would die ANOTHER way, had a social link not been formed between him and FeMC.  There is a lot of room for growth in the same characters just by having a different Wild Card present, who actually affects things.  The entire game isn't OMG RUINED because it doesn't happen exactly as you remember it.  I'm not even going to start on fanfiction.) THIS ENTIRE GAME SUCKS, and besides, you can just play the male's story if you don't want to see the differences.  Don't diss it just because you're not interested.  We'll think you're being a troll. ;D

iiiii for one, am quite excited.  I'll just need to save up for that psp 3000. 
lol peer pressure

Plans:

Offline Salehthesage

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #81 on: January 23, 2010, 09:58:27 pm »
Don't diss it just because you're not interested.  We'll think you're being a troll. ;D
You said much more about it then I did =.=

I didn't even dis it xD
So put that in your pocket!
KUMORICON 2011 COSPLAYS

Offline Red Spark

• Sailor Scout
    • Drawing Blog
« Reply #82 on: January 23, 2010, 10:43:22 pm »
I was wondering where the dissing bit came from, myself. >_> Ah well. Activity in the thread is life for the thread.

Anyway, on a related topic for those interested or unaware, hiimdaisy posted a Persona 3 comic (http://hiimdaisy.livejournal.com/26732.html#cutid1) earlier this month. It's got spoilers for the late game bits.

...It also reminds me that because it's only the beginning of the year, I have so much time to be gathering materials for my Ryoji cosplay. ._.

...and...uh..? Hm...

Offline Fachion-pari

• Chibi
« Reply #83 on: January 23, 2010, 11:02:40 pm »
I was wondering where the dissing bit came from, myself. >_> Ah well. Activity in the thread is life for the thread.

Anyway, on a related topic for those interested or unaware, hiimdaisy posted a Persona 3 comic (http://hiimdaisy.livejournal.com/26732.html#cutid1) earlier this month. It's got spoilers for the late game bits.

...It also reminds me that because it's only the beginning of the year, I have so much time to be gathering materials for my Ryoji cosplay. ._.
I love that comic to death! ...No pun intended. I'm so excited for you doing a Ryoji cosplay! You don't see many cosplayers of him, that's for sure!
Kumoricon 2012!
Midori - Devil Survivor

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #84 on: January 23, 2010, 11:47:00 pm »
@Salehthesage: I interpreted "Those who actually are excited" as PFFF ONLY *THOSE PEOPLE...* or whatever (plus your msn tittle a couple days ago cough cough you can't deny that).  I'm bad at saying it online.  I'm not sure what tone of voice you were using in this case, then.  Also I never said anything negative, saying a lot is positive in this case!  Because I'm ecstatic for P3P. 
also that last sentence made me think http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfUj4QJGnok

@Red Spark: Hiimdaisy is such a genius. ;o; Also GO GO GO RYOJI!  You should spike your hair up like Apollo Justice Ryoji so we can see what you'll look like. |D
lol peer pressure

Plans:

Offline Red Spark

• Sailor Scout
    • Drawing Blog
« Reply #85 on: January 23, 2010, 11:56:51 pm »
@Serika: XD Man, the hair spiking's what's gonna feel weird, though...I've never put gel in my hair or anything, before. I'll convince my friends to help me out with it when I'm over at one of their houses, and I'll make sure to get any photos whenever that happens.

...I need a haircut soon, too.

...and...uh..? Hm...

Offline Sugarlat

• Bunnygirl
    • Youtube - Sugarlatdesu
« Reply #86 on: January 23, 2010, 11:58:02 pm »
Want....Kou.. xD
I'm tempted to cosplay him

Offline Fachion-pari

• Chibi
« Reply #87 on: January 24, 2010, 06:50:12 pm »
Want....Kou.. xD
I'm tempted to cosplay him
You should, you should~
By the way, I love all your cosplays, can't wait to see them at Sakuracon or Kumoricon! :]
Kumoricon 2012!
Midori - Devil Survivor

Offline Sugarlat

• Bunnygirl
    • Youtube - Sugarlatdesu
« Reply #88 on: January 24, 2010, 07:40:41 pm »
8D cool! I hope I can go to Sakuracon XD
it's pretty tight and I haven't reg yet XD OTL  failatlife

Offline Fachion-pari

• Chibi
« Reply #89 on: January 24, 2010, 09:51:36 pm »
8D cool! I hope I can go to Sakuracon XD
it's pretty tight and I haven't reg yet XD OTL  failatlife
It's ok! I live in Seattle and STILL haven't registered...
I need to get on that, haha
Kumoricon 2012!
Midori - Devil Survivor

Offline Salehthesage

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #90 on: January 25, 2010, 05:26:40 pm »
also that last sentence made me think http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfUj4QJGnok
I'm glad you understand my 'The Room' references.
KUMORICON 2011 COSPLAYS

Offline Fachion-pari

• Chibi
« Reply #91 on: January 29, 2010, 04:28:30 pm »
Woo, I'm ordering my Yukiko wig today, so hopefully it'll turn out well. :]
Kumoricon 2012!
Midori - Devil Survivor

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #92 on: January 31, 2010, 02:28:23 pm »
Get pictures!! 
lol peer pressure

Plans:

Offline Absinthe

• Oni
« Reply #93 on: February 04, 2010, 02:13:58 am »
So I bought a golf club!
No, actually, I kid. But hey, I'm happy to hear there's going to be some other P4 characters around too.
Planning a Yosuke one and hopefully it'll turn out. : )

Offline Red Spark

• Sailor Scout
    • Drawing Blog
« Reply #94 on: February 04, 2010, 08:08:35 am »
Welcome aboard the Persona cosplay thread, Absinthe. : D

I wish you luck in your inevitable quest for headphones.

...and...uh..? Hm...

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #95 on: February 09, 2010, 11:30:19 pm »
Hello, Absinthe! 

Well, YouLikeRice just painted some old headphones... Maybe not totally accurate, but in photos they looked fine to me! (and he's apparently abandoned this thread.  What a jerk.)
lol peer pressure

Plans:

Offline Absinthe

• Oni
« Reply #96 on: February 10, 2010, 01:43:35 am »
Much thanks R.Spark and Serika. : )
Ha, yes, there is no exact headphones unfortunately but I did find a pair of coby headphones that have that lovely red in the middle. The most I would have to do is paint the outer orange and spray the sealant on it. Should be good to go for those.

Offline YouLikeRice

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #97 on: February 10, 2010, 10:18:12 pm »
Hey everyone I decided to visit the Kumoricon forums today, because I had free time.

@Absinthe: You're so lucky to find headphones with red in the middle. I think when I was at Kumoricon there were like two other Yosukes there. You should totally buy a golf club and you can even be Protagonist for one day, because there was like no P4 Protagonist last year, I think. There was also no Kanji or Teddie last year too.

@Falchion: I want to see photos when you get your wig. :D

WAH! I want to go to Kumoricon this year, but it doesn't look like I will; unless a certain something happens over the summer. But I'll try to post on this thread everytime I want to say something Persona related or if there is something that someone posted that I want to reply to.

@Red Spark: When Serika told me you were going as Ryoji. I was like, "THAT WOULD BE SO COOL!" Hm. I've never spiked my hair either, so I can't really give you advice on how to do it.

@Sugarlat: DO IT!

Offline Hekiru

• Cabbit
« Reply #98 on: February 12, 2010, 08:44:47 pm »
@YouLikeRice - There were other Yosuke's? I never saw any from what I recall except for you. Oh and I have seen a Kanji cosplay but that was during Sakuracon '09, I think it'd be pretty sweet if someone did Bearsuit Teddy! XD BTW, I think I got mistaken to be the P4 Protagonist when I was dressed up as Naoto.. x.x;

@Absinthe - And hurrah! for another Persona cosplayer. :]

I definitely won't be going to Kumoricon 2010 either buuuut I will be at Sakuracon 2010 as Naoto again.

Kumoricon 2011 Cosplays:

Offline YouLikeRice

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #99 on: February 13, 2010, 02:04:33 pm »
@Hekiru: Yeah. I was pretty sure I saw other Yosukes. I think they were both females too. And why won't you be going to Kumoricon this year? Busy? D:

Offline Red Spark

• Sailor Scout
    • Drawing Blog
« Reply #100 on: February 13, 2010, 03:36:20 pm »
@Hekiru: Just a bit of random trivia, but I think that at Sakuracon '09, I saw a mascot/Bearsuit Teddy.  Might've just been the construction of the outfit, but the head portion looked kind of...deflated? Although, I imagine the cosplayer inside would be baking themselves in that thing. >_>

...and...uh..? Hm...

Offline Hekiru

• Cabbit
« Reply #101 on: February 13, 2010, 04:08:27 pm »
@YouLikeRice - Oh were there? I don't remember..... o___o But anyway, I'm just taking a break from Kumoricon 2010 and focusing on an actual vacation get-away. Why wouldn't you be going?

@Red Spark - AH! I completely forgot about that! I think I saw them with the Kanji cosplayer who used one of those "Wet Floor" warning signs as a weapon. Are you going to Sak this year?
Kumoricon 2011 Cosplays:

Offline Red Spark

• Sailor Scout
    • Drawing Blog
« Reply #102 on: February 13, 2010, 04:19:53 pm »
@Hekiru: Nein, I'm not bound for Sakuracon this year. Whenever I attend cons, I only travel in a group with my friends, but this year, they've decided to forego Sakuracon mostly due to financial issues on their end.

...;_; Which means I don't get my annual Amtrak ride to Seattle this year.

...and...uh..? Hm...

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #103 on: February 23, 2010, 12:03:19 am »
@Red Spark: W-WHAAAAAAAAAAAT.  And this is the first year I'm GOING to Sakuracon! 

Also, content regarding Sakuracon!  I've been so stupidly busy, I've only got like 3 total(P3!!!) magnets 100% finished and I haven't even started my Izanami cosplay... So sad.  At least by Kumoricon it'll be okay, but as it is now I'm panicking ever so slightly. 
lol peer pressure

Plans:

Offline DewbMonster

• Cabbit
« Reply #104 on: March 09, 2010, 08:41:44 pm »
>.>;;;;;;
Wow I should have made myself a Kumoricon thing a LONG time ago! (well I did I just forgot how to spell it and the password)
I am Fashion-Pari's Chie guys ;D I was Chie at last year's Kumoricon too (miss joo all)
I will also be Chie at Sakura con YAY~ I hope to see you all there *V*
Kumori con 2012 (this is a no go)
Aki con 2012 (Most likely a no go)
sakura con 2013 (Maybe)
AX 2013 (Maybe)

Offline Salehthesage

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #105 on: March 10, 2010, 09:59:39 pm »
>.>;;;;;;
Wow I should have made myself a Kumoricon thing a LONG time ago! (well I did I just forgot how to spell it and the password)
I am Fashion-Pari's Chie guys ;D I was Chie at last year's Kumoricon too (miss joo all)
Chieeeeee <3

-sits on lap-

I won't be able to go because of my /stupid/ parent. ;o;
KUMORICON 2011 COSPLAYS

Offline DewbMonster

• Cabbit
« Reply #106 on: March 11, 2010, 05:20:41 pm »
>.>;;;;;;
Chieeeeee <3

-sits on lap-

I won't be able to go because of my /stupid/ parent. ;o;
Ken!!! ~
Baw it's okay ;^;  I'll give you my love when I'm there~

sakura con 2013 (Maybe)
AX 2013 (Maybe)

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #107 on: March 25, 2010, 03:40:06 pm »
I finished my goddess izanami outfit!  ...Well, that's a lie, I still have to hem it, but it's so close now it doesn't matter. 

Unfortunately, the wig is another story... It still has a lot of styling to go before it doesn't look like Einstein. 
lol peer pressure

Plans:

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #108 on: April 10, 2010, 01:45:57 pm »
I KNOW I'M NOT SUPPOSED TO DOUBLE POST, BUT IT'S PRETTY DEAD IN HERE. 

I'm making high-cut armor Yukari for AX this year.  Like, I'm set on it.  I'm determined to make this!!!  So if it's not too cold in September I can wear it to kumoricon. 

If not, then there's still schoolgirl Aigis. <3 (Also trying to convince my friend to be Elizabeth, and if she likes the game she wants to eventually do a robot!Metis/Aigis duo, but that won't be for at least a year.)
lol peer pressure

Plans:

Offline crystalamaris

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #109 on: April 11, 2010, 08:15:31 am »
Serika should remember me, hopefully.

I will be bringing Yosuke-chan if I show up, and hopefully will have a Souji-chan to accompany me.
BTW... Serika? Do you want me to bring those topcicle sticks again?
Not quite here, but not quite there.

Impromt photographer (Watch out. I like taking pictures of people who are not ready.)

Offline Fachion-pari

• Chibi
« Reply #110 on: April 11, 2010, 10:24:14 pm »
I wore Yosuke to Sakuracon. ouo
not sure if i'm bringing him to kumo, but i can try orz
Yosukeee~! <3
You should try and wear him! If not, no worries, we still want to see you!
To everyone else: I can't wait to see you guys, either~
Kumoricon 2012!
Midori - Devil Survivor

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #111 on: April 11, 2010, 11:53:09 pm »
Kumoricon's quite a ways away at this point, I don't think we need to worry about popsicle sticks.  We used chopsticks last year anyways, but I don't know if any of the other Persona cosplayers wanted to go out to eat again (even though it was delicious eeee). 

SO.  YUKIKO.  I SEE YOU LIST SHADOW YUKIKO IN YOUR SIGNATURE COUGH.  icouldtotallymakeit AND WOULDN'T IT BE BADASS TO HAVE A SHADOW GROUP GOING?  I could be... Shadow Rise I guess (and lol poledance on the stairs again) and I'd totally make a dominatrix outfit for Chie if she would wear it.  Ha.  Ha.  And then we all make out. 

Also Dana should totally bring her Yosuke, because it sounds like YouLikeRice won't be able to make it this year, and I cry myself to sleep every night with this news...
lol peer pressure

Plans:

Offline Fachion-pari

• Chibi
« Reply #112 on: April 12, 2010, 05:30:18 pm »
Kumoricon is in like...4 and a half months away, correct? xDD That's a bit of time, I guess. :]
AND YES, SERIKA. SHADOW GROUP = AWESOME. ;D (We'll see if I can afford it, though...)
YoulikeRice isn't coming? Baawww. We'll miss you, dear!

Kumoricon 2012!
Midori - Devil Survivor

Offline Fachion-pari

• Chibi
« Reply #113 on: April 13, 2010, 04:46:00 pm »
A shadow group would be so cool.
dark eye makeup and yellow cons 8D

if only we had a male Kanji willing to do that....
Oh, I wish too!
I should probably go to the eye doctor and get some contacts... .__.;;
Kumoricon 2012!
Midori - Devil Survivor

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #114 on: April 14, 2010, 06:12:32 pm »
I...I have a literally crippling fear of putting things in my eyes (I was watching Top Model, and when they were putting in contacts I didn't realize until several minutes later I was VIOLENTLY SHAKING.) so contacts would be waaay too scary for me... But I'm not terrible at photoshop, so if we did do a shadow group you guys could just send the pictures my way. |D

My God though, if I go through with everything Kumoricon '10 will be Persona year for me.  Aigis, Shadow Rise, Yukari... Maybe I'll only wear Yukari in summer, it might be too cold to wear in portland in fall. 
lol peer pressure

Plans:

Offline YouLikeRice

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #115 on: April 14, 2010, 06:30:44 pm »
You guys should show me some of the cool photos that you took at Sakuracon. I've already seen Serika's photos and they were A-MA-ZING!

@Fachion: I'll miss you too. D: And I like your new avatar. XD

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #116 on: April 14, 2010, 11:11:48 pm »
@danayoki: There are ways to get around this!!  WATCH AS I SPOUT SUPER NERD.  This post is vaguely spoilery for Persona 4 shadows, but no plot points are revealed??
All of the shadow bosses are made of a cross between their shadow forms and their Personas.  Except mitsuo but no one cares about him.  ...and yukiko's is just kind of weird. 
-Kanji's Persona: Big scary beat you up man.  Kanji's shadow: Super gay.  Kanji's boss: Big scary beat you up *gay* man. 
Say we didn't know Kanji's shadow.  Take away the BIG SCARY BEAT YOU UP MAN of his Persona, and you get... GAY?? and from there we could have made some crazy (insensitive) caricature of gay Kanji for his shadow form. 
Chie's Persona: Yellow clad Kill Bill esque ninja-type...chick, I guess? Chie's boss: yellow clad dominatrix sitting on herself.  THEREFORE, it's sort of accepted that if Chie had her own dungeon she would have had a dominatrix shadow (who uses people as furniture ololol). 
Yosuke's a little weird though...
Yosuke's Persona: what the hell is this?? V shape, scarf, disco/cami clothes.  Yosuke's boss: DISCO NINJA FROG? 
Get rid of the disco and you're left with a sort of... crazy... frog thing with a lot of arms!  SO, YOSUKE'S SHADOW is sleek, reptillian, and doesn't like electricity.  Unfortunately I hate Yosuke too much to even attempt to come up with a serious answer, but maybe some of the bigger fans of Yosuke have an idea??
lol peer pressure

Plans:

Offline Salehthesage

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #117 on: April 15, 2010, 09:11:09 pm »
Shadow Ken....?

Not really, I just feel left out ~ <3
KUMORICON 2011 COSPLAYS

Offline Fachion-pari

• Chibi
« Reply #118 on: April 16, 2010, 03:59:27 pm »
Shadow Ken....?

Not really, I just feel left out ~ <3
You won't be left out, Ken!
You can hide under my dress~
@Youlikerice: Haha, thank you. Serika wanted us to do that pose. xD
Kumoricon 2012!
Midori - Devil Survivor

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #119 on: April 21, 2010, 06:21:01 pm »
So what you do for Seta?

Offline Sporky-chan

• Sailor Scout
    • Myspace
« Reply #120 on: April 21, 2010, 09:43:57 pm »
Hey, just a heads up saying that I'll be Rise to go with Fachion-pari's Yukiko at this year's KumoriCon :>
KumoriCon '10!
Hopefully! Celty-Durarara!!
Shannon-Umineko no Naku Koro Ni
Rise-Persona 4
TYL!M.M.-Katekyo Hitman Reborn!

Offline DewbMonster

• Cabbit
« Reply #121 on: April 22, 2010, 01:26:22 pm »
Hey, just a heads up saying that I'll be Rise to go with Fachion-pari's Yukiko at this year's KumoriCon :>
HEY YOU! Don't forget about Chie!!! D': Lmao Jk (But no really don't forget me)
sakura con 2013 (Maybe)
AX 2013 (Maybe)

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #122 on: April 23, 2010, 02:19:21 am »
AND.  DON'T FORGET THE FIRST THREE GAMES, THEY'RE PRETTY COOL TOO. 

Or, well, I shouldn't be talking, I've only played FES and a VERY short session of Innocent Sin before my computer died and since then the ROM hasn't been that...functional.  BUT STILL. 

...I really like Maya's outfit, with the boob hearts.  If I ever got the chance to play Eternal Punishment and liked her character, I'd totally want to make that. |D
lol peer pressure

Plans:

Offline Fachion-pari

• Chibi
« Reply #123 on: May 09, 2010, 04:58:20 pm »
This poor thread needs more love!
How about a question to keep it alive?
How ready are you for Kumori-con right now? I'd say only about 25% ready, personally, haha!
@Serika: I wouldn't mind playing the first games, but I'm busy playing Devil Survivor! @_@
Kumoricon 2012!
Midori - Devil Survivor

Offline Red Spark

• Sailor Scout
    • Drawing Blog
« Reply #124 on: May 09, 2010, 07:15:19 pm »
I'm absolutely not ready at all! : D

I usually save the two or three months preceding the con to really focus on getting my cosplay ready...mostly because I usually wear just one or two  fairly simple outfits. >_>

(Also: Did anyone notice that hiimdaisy updated with her third Persona 4 comic? )

...and...uh..? Hm...

Offline Salehthesage

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #125 on: May 09, 2010, 08:55:20 pm »
(Also: Did anyone notice that hiimdaisy updated with her third Persona 4 comic? )
NO ONE TELLS ME!!!1!

I noticed, but it was after everyone else had > >

and I do the same thing Red Spark. Except I only normally do one or two, and then I improve as years go on.
KUMORICON 2011 COSPLAYS

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #126 on: May 11, 2010, 04:08:02 pm »
XD I did, but I didn't feel an extreme need to point it out.  I'm sorry. 

I'm 0% done with Aigis... All I know is I might buy a friend's old wig that she bought and didn't like.  Hoping to make her in July, 'cause I've got a few other things I'm making for AX (if I go) and no way am I wearing a long sleeve black uniform to LA in summer. 

also eeew devil survivor. ): I super don't like that one. 
lol peer pressure

Plans:

Offline Fachion-pari

• Chibi
« Reply #127 on: May 25, 2010, 05:12:16 pm »
XD I did, but I didn't feel an extreme need to point it out.  I'm sorry. 

I'm 0% done with Aigis... All I know is I might buy a friend's old wig that she bought and didn't like.  Hoping to make her in July, 'cause I've got a few other things I'm making for AX (if I go) and no way am I wearing a long sleeve black uniform to LA in summer. 

also eeew devil survivor. ): I super don't like that one. 
I really hope you can make it to AX!
Aw, well, so far I like devil survivor, haha. xD
(School is almost out..! I'm so excited! *3* )
Kumoricon 2012!
Midori - Devil Survivor

Offline KHking

• Catgirl
« Reply #128 on: May 29, 2010, 11:22:53 am »
Looks like I'm to busy this year to do any Persona cosplay  :'(

Save Caprica!!

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #129 on: June 09, 2010, 12:06:01 am »
Oh no!  Well...maybe you can come by the photoshoot?

Since there's now a 2010 photoshoot thread does anyone want to plan a time or day yet, or should we wait until it's a liiiiittle closer to the con? 
lol peer pressure

Plans:

Offline Fachion-pari

• Chibi
« Reply #130 on: June 12, 2010, 01:04:32 pm »
We probably should plan, haha. So first would be what day is apropriate for everyone? Seeing as I'm bringing two versions of Yukiko, any day really works. The only not working day is probably Monday, where Chie, our Rise and I are doing Durarara cosplays for sure.
Oh, and another thing, are we all thinking of maybe going out to dinner again? Possibly doing a Kings Game? Just some questions to think about, since we're already in mid June. :]
Kumoricon 2012!
Midori - Devil Survivor

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #131 on: June 13, 2010, 06:29:14 pm »
Herro everyone! xD
I just started the game yesterday.....amazing.
I am madly in love with Chie, so I'ma cosplay her! x333
♥♥

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #132 on: June 14, 2010, 12:17:09 pm »
YOU
ARE
BEING
YOSUKE?
HOLY EFF.
That makes me super happy. xDDDD
I ISH START ON IT NOW.
Or rather, start saving so I can commission it from meep. >o>
LULZ YAY.

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #133 on: June 14, 2010, 01:50:53 pm »
Well I hope you two realize that the official Chie couple within our group is Chie/Yukiko so be prepared for some hot yuri.  And Also Yukiko/Ken but that is a beast of its own.  (and you guys reaaally don't want me to start on a rant about why yosuke/chie isn't a legitimate couple given in-game...evidence.)

Yeah, assuming I can get my hotel stuff straight (AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRHGGGHGH) then I'll be having King's Game in my hotel room so we can make it a bit more risque.  Would still love to go out to dinner beforehand, though! (on that note... anyone interested in sharing a hotel room?  currently it's got BOTH SEXES!!! mostly female.  I've got a couple of people pending who were Dojima and Adachi in Seattle, but I've had a hard time keeping in contact with them so I'm not exactly sure how that's working right now.  I'm losing hope.)

Any day works for me, except Day zero but I'm pretty sure none of you would really want that.  Again, would prefer it in the evening so I don't have to leave the artist alley early.  If we went out to dinner beforehand, would you all want to go to the same location we were in before?  Probably not playing King's Game there though, we were getting pretty crazy...
lol peer pressure

Plans:

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #134 on: June 14, 2010, 04:55:35 pm »
PICTURES NAO PLZ

Offline Red Spark

• Sailor Scout
    • Drawing Blog
« Reply #135 on: June 14, 2010, 10:57:47 pm »
With regards to the King's Game:
I think the dinner's a good idea. Allows everyone to socialize before the King's Game and get to know who's who, etc.

'Though as far as the restaurant of choice goes, I wouldn't mind a revenue with a cheaper menu, but I won't object to defaulting to last year's location, either. I enjoyed the soybeans they served as appetizers.

Eh. Guess it goes without saying that a repeat of the way things were planned last time sounds good to me.

Oh good lord, it's summer, isn't it?
I need to stop by Goodwill and get myself some clothes to make Ryoji out of, before it's too late. ;_;

...and...uh..? Hm...

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #136 on: June 15, 2010, 01:23:25 pm »
PICTURES NAO PLZ

deviantart gogo
OMGIREMEMBERTHAT.
I love your Yosuke. * u *

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #137 on: June 15, 2010, 02:11:43 pm »
@Red Spark: I CAN'T WAIT TO HAVE SEXYTIME LOVE/HATE PHOTOSHOOTS WITH YOU.  IT'LL BE BADASS. 

I'm fine moving it somewhere cheaper.  Does everyone want Japanese food again?  I'd like to stick close to the hotel because...I do, and I'm sure no one else really wants to walk more than a mile.  I'm not sure if there ARE other Japanese food places downtown, but I'll try to find a day to scope out the area again.  If you guys are fine going somewhere cheaper without a focus on Japanese food, that's fine too.  We could also...order food for my room maybe, if everyone pitched in?  Haha, I'm not sure.  Let me know what you guys think. 

Also, if we're not playing king's game at the restaurant, there's a chance some of us might be a bit shy-er and not want to speak up about ourselves.  What if we had a cute little get to know you game (one that's way more badass than the first day of school) with little questions like... Who are you cosplaying, how are you like them, what's the one thing you hate about your character, as well as more generic questions like WHAT'S YOUR NAME, favorite game, address, social security number, best/worst con experience, things like that. 
Y/N?  I won't be offended if all of you HATE!!!! my idea. 
lol peer pressure

Plans:

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #138 on: June 15, 2010, 02:40:05 pm »
Social..security number, bahahaha. xDDDD
I think that's a great idea~!
I love the King's game. = u =
And a cute little get to know you game is funfun too!

Anyone know of good Chie wigs? ; - ;
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 05:25:59 pm by StarryShay »

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl

Offline Fachion-pari

• Chibi
« Reply #140 on: June 15, 2010, 10:39:55 pm »
I would also like the resturant to be somewhat closer than last time, but if not, the same place is nice. Ken and I could have another round in the bathroom. JUST KIDDING, GUYS. HAHA.
Anyways, maybe the King's Game could be at that table near the revolving doors again, for back up? In case Serika's hotel room poses a problem for any King's Game participants? (Like possibly us...Curse my worrisome mother!) But anyways, Chie and I are totally excited for this year's Persona photoshoot/fun times.
@StarryShay: Hello~! Another Chie is always welcome! :]
Kumoricon 2012!
Midori - Devil Survivor

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #141 on: June 15, 2010, 11:02:57 pm »
Yaaay, thanks Dana. :'D
Do you think I should get that one?
It looks a bit thin.

Pari- Thank you. :33333

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #142 on: June 15, 2010, 11:15:29 pm »
I dun want an alright wig, I want an AMAZING wig. ;33
Hehe, I like that one though~
Yer kind of a wig expert so whateva yew think ish gud. >n>

Offline Fachion-pari

• Chibi
« Reply #143 on: June 15, 2010, 11:44:16 pm »
I dun want an alright wig, I want an AMAZING wig. ;33
Hehe, I like that one though~
Yer kind of a wig expert so whateva yew think ish gud. >n>
Have you tried Amphigory yet? They have a few good wigs, or so we've seen.
http://amphigory.com/wigs.html
My Chie and I agreed there are two or three that could be a nice Chie wig, styled or not. :]
Kumoricon 2012!
Midori - Devil Survivor

Offline Salehthesage

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #144 on: June 16, 2010, 09:40:02 pm »
I would also like the resturant to be somewhat closer than last time, but if not, the same place is nice. Ken and I could have another round in the bathroom. JUST KIDDING, GUYS. HAHA.
Why would you kid about such a thing?! -got excited-
Keep your minds out of the gutter guys...

On the restaurant, I'm fine with whatever. I'm not a big sushi/japanese food fan, but I can find something on the menu I might like wherever I go.

In case Serika's hotel room poses a problem for any King's Game participants? (Like possibly us...Curse my worrisome mother!)
What your mother doesn't know won't hurt her : D
KUMORICON 2011 COSPLAYS

Offline Fachion-pari

• Chibi
« Reply #145 on: June 17, 2010, 12:30:01 am »
Why would you kid about such a thing?! -got excited-
Keep your minds out of the gutter guys...

On the restaurant, I'm fine with whatever. I'm not a big sushi/japanese food fan, but I can find something on the menu I might like wherever I go.

In case Serika's hotel room poses a problem for any King's Game participants? (Like possibly us...Curse my worrisome mother!)
What your mother doesn't know won't hurt her : D
<333 Oh, I love you, Ken.
And I guess it's true, what she doesn't know won't hurt her. 8)
Kumoricon 2012!
Midori - Devil Survivor

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #146 on: June 17, 2010, 11:50:51 pm »
We'll set, um, limits.  NO UNPROTECTED SEX GAAIIIIZZZ.

Also, since Adachi and Dojima aren't coming through it sounds like (I haven't heard from them in over a month...) MITSURU we had last year is going to be in my room with me!  Along with her friend who I think was dressed as.. ...I don't remember.  Not that this affects any of you besides me, but still.  Not sure if my Mitsuru will want to cosplay Mitsuru again though, we'll see.
lol peer pressure

Plans:

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #147 on: June 19, 2010, 04:33:55 pm »
Who all do we have in this group?
Since there's already a Chie, I was thinking about maybe being Rise or Naoto. = u =

EDIT: Haha, looking back over the thread, there are multiple Naoto's, and maybe a Rise or two. = u =
I dunno who I wanna beeeee.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 04:49:17 pm by StarryShay »

Offline Red Spark

• Sailor Scout
    • Drawing Blog
« Reply #148 on: June 19, 2010, 07:21:05 pm »
Well, as far as Persona 3 goes, we've got Ryoji and Aigis, possibly also the game's Protagonist/Minato, if I feel like reusing my cosplay. >_>

And, uh...

...well, I have no idea about who all from Persona 4 we've got. I only just realized how many P4 cosplayers there seem to be. o_o

...and...uh..? Hm...

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #149 on: June 19, 2010, 08:15:47 pm »
Hehe, okays.
I might end up not cosplaying it this year, and doing it next year or something.
I am super in love with P4, but I'm not sure if I wanna start the cosplay yet. *n*

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #150 on: June 20, 2010, 01:43:55 am »
We also have a Ken Amada.  And I can wear high-cut armor Yukari if the weather's good enough.  PROBABLY NOT THOUGH IT'S ALREADY EMBARRASSING AS IT IS.  I don't think the Fuuka at King's Game last year is returning.  My tablemate is (supposedly?) making a P3 cosplay for AX, he might bring it to Kumoricon.  One of my hotel...people expressed interest in playing Persona 3 and was asking me who she should cosplay if she wanted to, and I suggested Elizabeth for her (she'd hardcore need a wig, but Liz would fit her so well!)

You should though!  Think of the fabulous Chie/Shadow Chie photoshoots...

You may as well just plan to do what you like.  We always get people who back out, and people who don't post on the forums.  Last year I recall like... 3 different Naotos, and at least one more MC, and there was another Chie, two Yukikos... There was supposed to be a Rise who never showed up (so even if you form your plans around other people there's no guarantee that plans won't change, on your side or someone else's).  If you're determined to be a character we haven't seen then Rise is probably your best bet (OR COUGH COUGH THERE ARE LOTS OF GREAT PERSONA 3 CHARACTERS.....) or even a social link.  OR A PERSONA.  OR AN UNDERAPPRECIATED BOSS

lol peer pressure

Plans:

Offline Salehthesage

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #151 on: June 20, 2010, 02:38:29 pm »
We also have a Ken Amada.
I'm glad I was remembered : D

I'm pretty sure Fuuka isn't coming back this year, because she moved to Arizona and I don't think she can make it up to Oregon...

BTW, if this is going to be a photoshoot, where will that be located? If we eat and play King's Game, I kind of assume that the photoshoot would be before... and not at the restaurant or in a hotel room?
KUMORICON 2011 COSPLAYS

Offline Red Spark

• Sailor Scout
    • Drawing Blog
« Reply #152 on: June 20, 2010, 06:10:04 pm »
>_> Heeeeeyyyy. I didn't forget youuuu, Saleh, it's just that I didn't know if you'd be Ken again this year.

After all, I can't forget Ken. Ken was able to successfully pair Yosuke and P3's Protagonist in most of his commands as King during last year's King's Game.

And through that, I awkwardly learned the proper method for caressing someone's cheek? I guess.

As for the photoshoot, does anyone think that Pioneer Square was such a bad spot? It didn't seem like such a bad choice, last year. If we do it before the dining and King's Game, then anyone who's just around for the photoshoot can return to the con once the shoot's over.

...and...uh..? Hm...

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #153 on: June 20, 2010, 07:50:19 pm »
Any location's good.  A parking garage might actually be kind of cool, too, 'cause it's really grungy, like...P3... |D; Oh, if only there were rice fields in downtown Portland! 

We could also maybe walk to the art museum or something?  There might be a building nearby that we can get in for free and take some nice pictures... I'm fine in the same area again, but I don't want the photo shoot to basically be an exact cut-out of last year's, if that makes sense. 

And he'll be Ken until the day he dies, man. 
lol peer pressure

Plans:

Offline Fachion-pari

• Chibi
« Reply #154 on: June 21, 2010, 02:05:42 pm »
Any location's good.  A parking garage might actually be kind of cool, too, 'cause it's really grungy, like...P3... |D; Oh, if only there were rice fields in downtown Portland! 

We could also maybe walk to the art museum or something?  There might be a building nearby that we can get in for free and take some nice pictures... I'm fine in the same area again, but I don't want the photo shoot to basically be an exact cut-out of last year's, if that makes sense. 

And he'll be Ken until the day he dies, man. 
Oh, a parking garage works for Persona 4, too! Danayoki had a little photoshoot in one at Sakuracon that she kindly let us join. :] I say if we see any place photoshoot worthy, we snap and few shots and move on, change scenery? It'd be fun!
@Starryshay:  If you want to cosplay Chie, or anyone from the Persona series, go ahead! We love more cosplayers! It doesn't matter if there is already a Rise, or a Naoto or Chie. Our Rise might not be able to cosplay with us this year, anyways, so do whatever you want! : )
Kumoricon 2012!
Midori - Devil Survivor

Offline DewbMonster

• Cabbit
« Reply #155 on: June 25, 2010, 09:01:05 pm »
HAHA IN YOUR FACE YUKIKO! Just kidding xD
Hey guys~ :D I am being lazy in commenting here and My yukiko told me I needed to talk on here more (SO here I am)
sakura con 2013 (Maybe)
AX 2013 (Maybe)

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #156 on: June 27, 2010, 07:28:54 pm »
*applauds* that was the most exciting post. 

Anyone have any suggestions for time?  Probably before King's Game, but do we want to plan around it being at night, or sunset, or dark, or whatever? 
lol peer pressure

Plans:

Offline Fachion-pari

• Chibi
« Reply #157 on: June 27, 2010, 09:07:58 pm »
*applauds* that was the most exciting post. 

Anyone have any suggestions for time?  Probably before King's Game, but do we want to plan around it being at night, or sunset, or dark, or whatever? 
Did we decide on the day, yet? Because I'm fairly sure time anytime of day from the afternoon on works for us.
We like to dedicate a whole night to Persona, lol. xD
Kumoricon 2012!
Midori - Devil Survivor

Offline Red Spark

• Sailor Scout
    • Drawing Blog
« Reply #158 on: June 28, 2010, 02:55:59 pm »
Afternoon sounds good.

Take care of the photoshoot, then march on over to someplace for food with those who are interested?

And how many Persona 4 cosplayers are we expecting compared to Persona 3 cosplayers? >_> If we're looking at a photoshoot at sunset on a clear day, we get the bright orange-yellow colors that P4 has all over the place.

...and...uh..? Hm...

Offline Fachion-pari

• Chibi
« Reply #159 on: June 28, 2010, 11:29:53 pm »
I would love sunset shoots with a full group omg <333

I'm just sayin'.
oh my god, that'd be so pretty~
Isn't there a sunset scene within P4, too?
@RedSpark: Lovelovelove your icon. <3 (I would totally try and pull off a Persona 3 cosplay, but I don't I look like anyone from it. ): )
Kumoricon 2012!
Midori - Devil Survivor

Offline Salehthesage

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #160 on: July 02, 2010, 12:48:10 am »
I think I'm the only one from P3 this year...unless Red Spark does Minato again? : D

But Ken-kun's okay...as long as he has Yuki-chan and a bathroom
KUMORICON 2011 COSPLAYS

Offline Red Spark

• Sailor Scout
    • Drawing Blog
« Reply #161 on: July 02, 2010, 01:11:12 am »
I'll be cosplaying as Ryoji, this year. (I didn't change my icon for nothing. >_>  )
If that somehow falls through, then I'll default to Minato. : D  

And I think Serika's cosplaying as Aigis.

So the P3 cosplayers may come in a set of three, supposing I've paid attention to the topic.

I'd make a pun involving the number three somewhere, but...I'm too tired. @_@
« Last Edit: July 02, 2010, 01:12:53 am by Red Spark »

...and...uh..? Hm...

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #162 on: July 06, 2010, 05:27:36 pm »
So.  Back from AX.  High-cut armor Yukari actually came out kind of awesome (...from an outsider point of view.  Wearing it is a whole 'nother story...) so if I feel comfortable in...lack of creepers, or if the weather's good enough, I might wear her. 

If you guys want pictures of me being slutty, go ahead and ask.  I'm gonna upload 'em later tonight. 
lol peer pressure

Plans:

Offline Shiba21

• Sailor Scout
    • My deviantART
« Reply #163 on: July 26, 2010, 05:32:35 pm »
(Aww, no one has posted anything here in a while... hope this thread isn't dying or anything)

Aaaaanyways, dunno if you guys remembered me from last year, but I was that super-short Yukiko who decided to tag along but had to leave the King's Game early.

Well, since I just got P3P and getting really into it, I decided to start making a Yukari cosplay (in her normal school uniform, not the high-cut armor, oh god xD ). Hopefully I'll be able to make it to the photoshoot and stay for the King's Game again. :3
Visit my DeviantART! http://qiisnii.deviantart.com

2013 cosplay plans:

- Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou demo koi ga shitai!) 95%
- Anzu Futaba (iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls) 25%

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #164 on: July 28, 2010, 01:26:40 pm »
It's not dead!  Just sleeping.  .....

Glad to have another person (again)!
lol peer pressure

Plans:

Offline Jaakun

• Oni
« Reply #165 on: July 28, 2010, 07:52:30 pm »
Hello~
I plan on being Minato (Original, right? :P) this coming k-con along with my friend who's gonna be Jack Frost. :D
(**I felt like trying to be part of something so I didn't feel totally alone xD;)

I'm also looking for someone to be Minako Arisato as well, but with no luck (FemaleMC from P3P). I guess she isn't very popular?

Offline Red Spark

• Sailor Scout
    • Drawing Blog
« Reply #166 on: July 29, 2010, 02:01:23 am »
Welcome aboard, Jaakun.

No shame in cosplaying as Minato. >_> I gave it a shot last year and it was pretty fun. : D

Looking forward to seeing you friend as Jack Frost, too. I don't see any actual persona(/demons) cosplays being done that often.

Or maybe my attention span is just terrible and I never notice them. One can never tell.

...and...uh..? Hm...

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #167 on: July 29, 2010, 04:19:38 am »
Man, would totally be a FemC (..........for ryoji) if I wasn't already being an Aigis.  (...........for ryoji.)

Hey, now that we have a few other people posting.....
Should we tentatively plan a photoshoot/dinner/king's game time AND day?  Still hoping to have king's game in my room... Though, perhaps for any youngins (SMT fans??) it might be wise to have a "tame" version at the hotel (like... in those chairs we were in before, if they're open, haha!) or at the hotel, before all the naughty people go upstairs.  This might be one of the "spur of the moment" decisions, though since it would be taking place partially in my room I'd.  probably have a say over when things moved, or even IF they moved, haha.  ANYWAYS, RAMBLING NEEDS TO STOP, SELF. 
So, since we don't have an official schedule posted (I think it's planned for the first or second week of August or something, I believe it's posted in the mascot contest thread?) we don't know for sure what events are going to be what time/day/etc, so tentatively, are there any events/photoshoots/etc that would be inconvenient for people?  (Can't please everyone, but SHOULD TRY, YEAH?)

As far as I know, my only busy day is Day 0.  Everything else I can probably work around.  and it's not long anyone wants to have a big group thing on day zero anyways
lol peer pressure

Plans:

Offline Shiba21

• Sailor Scout
    • My deviantART
« Reply #168 on: July 29, 2010, 04:12:00 pm »
Hello~
I plan on being Minato (Original, right? :P) this coming k-con along with my friend who's gonna be Jack Frost. :D
(**I felt like trying to be part of something so I didn't feel totally alone xD;)

I'm also looking for someone to be Minako Arisato as well, but with no luck (FemaleMC from P3P). I guess she isn't very popular?

Woo! I would love to see a Jack Frost cosplay; I love him so much. xD

And I was just talking to my friend earlier today... she's also currently obsessed with P3P and wants to cosplay as the FeMC, BUT she doesn't know if she can go yet. D:

EDIT: Yay! My friend just pre-registered for the con, so she'll be able to go too! As for the photoshoot and King's Game times, any day would probably work for me, but I'd prefer it to end before 10pm as I have to get home early.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 08:59:44 pm by Shiba21 »

2013 cosplay plans:

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #169 on: July 31, 2010, 03:25:39 pm »
Well, anyone's free to leave at whatever time.  We won't be like NO YOU STAY FOR RYOJI TAKING HIS SHIRT OFF!!!!! (it'll happen, and ken will be the one telling him to do so.  we all know it's true.) So chances are, it'll just go until we run out of steam. 

Alright, the night of the masquerade (we don't know what night that is yet) I have a meetup I'd like to go to at 9pm, so I'd prefer if this didn't take place during that night, but again, I'll ~*make whatever sacrifices*~ I need to.  If it's inconvenient to have it any other night, that's fiiiine with me. |D
lol peer pressure

Plans:

Offline Salehthesage

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #170 on: August 02, 2010, 03:08:33 am »
(it'll happen, and ken will be the one telling him to do so.  we all know it's true.)
B-BUT IT'S NOT MY FAULT!!!

and about the photoshoot, I tend to just kind of do whatever, so I think I'm free at all times [unless there happens to be a Tales of Legendia shoot like last year but I'm not sure if that's happening or anything.]
But...it's probably preferable for around 5-6 if we want to do dinner like last year?
KUMORICON 2011 COSPLAYS

Offline DewbMonster

• Cabbit
« Reply #171 on: August 02, 2010, 05:41:34 pm »
D':
I might not be able to make it this year... *sobsobsob*
I have a job and I need to know my schedule before I even prereg. So I will try to make it but if I can't well I'll see you at Sakura con or Akicon(maybe)
sakura con 2013 (Maybe)
AX 2013 (Maybe)

Offline Red Spark

• Sailor Scout
    • Drawing Blog
« Reply #172 on: August 02, 2010, 08:38:34 pm »
We won't be like NO YOU STAY FOR RYOJI TAKING HIS SHIRT OFF!!!!! (it'll happen, and ken will be the one telling him to do so.  we all know it's true.)

I CAN'T BELIEVE I NEVER READ THIS EARLIER. Now I...now I feel like I should make a more intense workout routine. >___> God, I must've been so tired when I checked this topic last.

Anyway, I'll just plug-in here to say that any time works for me for photoshoot and King's Game.

...Last year, did we agree on Saturday for the dinner and King's game because it was more-or-less an uneventful evening, compared to Sunday and Monday? (Or...well, does Monday even have an evening?) No having to compete with the masquerade or anything...if my memory's working right.

...and...uh..? Hm...

Offline Fachion-pari

• Chibi
« Reply #173 on: August 04, 2010, 03:57:05 pm »
Hey Guys~ Well, I honestly think Saturday would work great again. If I'm not mistaken, my friends and I made it to the masquerade without it affecting the Persona Shoot. But if we could all agree on a day, that'd be great. At this point in time, I can only see the last day...Monday, I think it is, being a day we can't make it. (And dinner with everyone would be lovely, it was so relaxing last year! ...well...as relaxing as being caught in the bathroom gets...)
@Saleh: I agree! It isn't your fault! Fate is at fault, always choosing you to bid evil doings to happen upon our King's Gamers! (Yukiko will always stand up for you!)
Kumoricon 2012!
Midori - Devil Survivor

Offline Salehthesage

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #174 on: August 05, 2010, 02:27:27 am »
I can only see the last day...Monday, I think it is, being a day we can't make it.
And Monday is like the half day right? I would definitely want to shy away from that because it eliminates the possibility of everyone going out to dinner [unless it was a post-con thing?] and we would have to play King's Game during the daytime...with lots of people who don't even know what we're doing wanting to join.

So Monday seems to be eliminated, and Saturday seems to be more popular... so I guess if anyone has problems with Saturday VOICE A COMPLAINT.
And uh. I guess everyone should start looking at restaurants and stuff, unless we all want to go to the same place again.

@Fachion: The bathroom is a very relaxing place...the soothing sounds of the cool hand dryer Ken's amazingness are just the thing for anyone who has too much stress.

EDIT: GOD MY MOM WANTS TO RUIN MY SEMI-PERFECT KEN HAIR. She wants to get it cut all short and stufffff--- and my hair grows super slow during the summer for some reason so it would still be super short by K-con. Cry.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 02:42:01 am by Salehthesage »
KUMORICON 2011 COSPLAYS

Offline Fachion-pari

• Chibi
« Reply #175 on: August 05, 2010, 04:02:45 pm »
I'm good with Saturday! :]
I think we should go to a new Resturant, but if we can't find a good one, stick to it? I'm not in the area where you guys are, so I can't really reccomend any place, but when I googled it, this place called Koji Osakaya came up. But if they're the same place as last year, I'm sorry, OTL. They have fairly good prices, and a wide variety of Japanese food. Also near Pioneer Square, I think. But someone should speak up if they don't feel like oriental food. (I don't mind, but just keeping options available!)
@Saleh: Don't cut your hair! Beg to keep it until the weekend is over! D; (And those hand dryers are so weird, lol!)
Kumoricon 2012!
Midori - Devil Survivor

Offline Red Spark

• Sailor Scout
    • Drawing Blog
« Reply #176 on: August 05, 2010, 07:04:49 pm »
@Saleh: If your hair suffers a casuality, then know that it will live on in our memories strongly enough to cause it to regrow in our presence...then vanish in our abscence. Like a hallucination. >_>

ANYHOW~

I actually went into Portland just yesterday for dinner, and visited this sushi-go-round place by the name of "Sushi Sakura," or some similar name...I got a pretty good meal for about 11 dollars. (Everyone's familiar with how sushi-go-rounds work, right? It's like a buffet on conveyor belts, and you pay by what and how much you eat.) I wanted to check Koji Osakaya out, though...I've been staring at its menu off and on for the past week. It was actually in the same area as the place I ate at.

SO YEAH. : D Everyone who peeks into this thread: We thirst and hunger for your opinions strongly enough to eat and drink them.

...And I think I might go back through the thread and try do a virtual headcount of how many of us there are. o_o

...and...uh..? Hm...

Offline Salehthesage

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #177 on: August 06, 2010, 12:28:10 am »
...And I think I might go back through the thread and try do a virtual headcount of how many of us there are. o_o
Ha ha beat you to it. I was talking to Fachion-Pari on MSN and we took a look through the thread.

So from what it looks like, these are the people who have said they are going:
-Serika
-Fachion-pari
-Salehthesage
-Red Spark
-Sporky-chan
-Shiba21
-Jaakun

and these are the people who said they might come or didn't really say for sure:
-Hekiru [I'm kind of assuming that because they made the thread they would be but I don't know for sure]
-Valkie
-Seraph
-Absinthe
-DewbMonster
-danayoki
-crystalamaris

So I guess it would be super cool if we could just get one list of people who can't go and people who are definitely going by the time con starts so when we meet up for the photoshoot or whatever we know who we need to wait for?
Oh and sorry if I missed someone, kind of just browsed the whole thread and picked out what I saw.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 12:30:36 am by Salehthesage »
KUMORICON 2011 COSPLAYS

Offline Fachion-pari

• Chibi
« Reply #178 on: August 06, 2010, 12:33:23 am »
Ha ha beat you to it. I was talking to Fachion-Pari on MSN and we took a look through the thread.
Pssaww! You did all the work! Thanks, babe. ;]
Kumoricon 2012!
Midori - Devil Survivor

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #179 on: August 06, 2010, 02:09:39 pm »
If anyone is considering a shadow Rise cosplay ever in their future, Target is selling METALLIC GOLD BIKINIS right now. 

Ken, don't cut your hair.  I'm only sexually attracted to you when it's long. 

Anyways, @Red Spark, a sushi place with a conveyor might be an interesting choice... How large were the tables?  There might be more Persona cosplayers hanging out in the lobby or whatever this year.  While you were there, did you see any sort big tables near the conveyor belt that COULD potentially house a larger number of people than the ones posting here?  Other than the bar, which would *not* make for a good "getting to know you" atmosphere.  Or "King's Game" atmosphere, but at this point I don't think we want to play it in the restaurant again.  Also, .....did you happen to notice if it was in walking distance of the hotel?  A conveyor belt, if the seating "arrangements" could be made would be handy so everyone could have separate bills, unlike last year where it was a little bit of a mess. 

I might make a maid outfit this year since I'm really clueless about my cosplay plans.  Would probably be maid!Aigis or maid!Yukari one of the days, if I don't figure something else out last minute. 
lol peer pressure

Plans:

Offline Fachion-pari

• Chibi
« Reply #180 on: August 06, 2010, 04:00:18 pm »
I'm not really feeling the sushi conveyor, but if everyone wants to go, I won't mind. :]
@Serika: I like the thought of Maid!Persona girls! It's cute, haha. I want to try Maid Yukiko, but it's not part of the series, lol.
Kumoricon 2012!
Midori - Devil Survivor

Offline Red Spark

• Sailor Scout
    • Drawing Blog
« Reply #181 on: August 07, 2010, 01:53:43 am »
@Serika: There were two or so tables/booths...but now that I remember them, I realize that they were some distance from the conveyors, which makes it seem like a hassle to get food. >_> As far as walking distance goes, it's is a straight line north of the hotel. About four blocks' worth.

When I tossed the idea out, I didn't know how many people we might be expecting.  >___> I imagine it'd be a bit troublesome to try 7 or more people into the booths...and I agree that the seat arrangements at the bar aren't great for group socialization.

So! Koji Osakaya? Falchion-Pari mentioned it earlier, and from the looks of it, there are two locations closer to the hotel than the sushi-go-round.

The first location is a block up from Pioneer Square, and then a recently-opened location on broadway which is literally (emphasis: Literally) around the corner from the hotel. (Check here: http://www.koji.com/locations.htm ) The restaurants' menu is also available online. Prices too.

Worth noting about the new/broadway location is that on Koji's website it says "Japanese Style Rooms Available"...which has me intrigued. Click on those thumbnails in the link. I may check it out within the next two weeks to see how it is.

EDIT: And...did...did I kill the discussion? >____>;
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 01:39:56 am by Red Spark »

...and...uh..? Hm...

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #182 on: August 09, 2010, 03:06:45 am »
@Red Spark: Yes.  You did.  Way to go. 

I'm fine with anything.  It'd be awesome if someone in the area could check it out?

I remember last year before the con, Mitsuru and I went to scope out restaurants... There was one that had been "closed" for several months, but still had an operating website... And I can't remember its name anymore.  So it'd be a good idea to try calling, or even going to it in advance.  Whatever we decide, I mean. 
lol peer pressure

Plans:

Offline Fachion-pari

• Chibi
« Reply #183 on: August 09, 2010, 09:59:00 am »
@Red Spark: You didn't kill the discussion! And please, if you can, scope out the resturant! I'm all the way up in Seattle/Tacoma, I can't really make it down there to check out the place...OTL. I'll be forever grateful to you!
@Serika: Oh, is your Mitsuru joining us again this year?
Kumoricon 2012!
Midori - Devil Survivor

Offline Jaakun

• Oni
« Reply #184 on: August 09, 2010, 12:39:46 pm »
Welcome aboard, Jaakun.

No shame in cosplaying as Minato. >_> I gave it a shot last year and it was pretty fun. : D

Looking forward to seeing you friend as Jack Frost, too. I don't see any actual persona(/demons) cosplays being done that often.

Or maybe my attention span is just terrible and I never notice them. One can never tell.
Why, thank you :D
Yeah.. last year my friends said I'd make a decent Minato, so I'm doing it this year.
I've never seen anyone as a persona before either honestly. I suppose that would be a cool thing to see. A bunch of Personas floating around :P

Offline Hekiru

• Cabbit
« Reply #185 on: August 10, 2010, 12:43:52 pm »
I remember last year before the con, Mitsuru and I went to scope out restaurants... There was one that had been "closed" for several months, but still had an operating website... And I can't remember its name anymore.  So it'd be a good idea to try calling, or even going to it in advance.  Whatever we decide, I mean. 

I think that was Bush Garden, I heard the quality of the food (and service) there has gone downhill. The cool thing though is that they have private dining rooms so if you guys wanted to play King's Game, that would be a spiffy spot to do it at.

Oh and I decided to come again this year and I'll probably be doing Naoto still, but with blue hair this time. Are all of you cosplaying Persona characters the entire con? Cuz I plan on cosplay as Simon from Gurren Lagann the first day..
Kumoricon 2011 Cosplays:

Offline Fachion-pari

• Chibi
« Reply #186 on: August 10, 2010, 03:44:31 pm »
Some of us may be cosplaying Persona the whole con time, but I've got two other cosplays along with Yukiko. I was going to bring Shadow Yukiko and make it four, but the problem was finding yellow contacts. Sakuracon or Akicon will be the con I offically cosplay the Stud-lusting princess.
So, for Saturday I'll be Yukiko, and the next two days will be different cosplays. :] And yay! A Naoto!
Kumoricon 2012!
Midori - Devil Survivor

Offline Salehthesage

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #187 on: August 13, 2010, 09:42:52 pm »
OKAY SO.

I had to go downtown to pick my brother up tonight, and I passed a Koji Osakaya [or however it's spelled], but this one was by the Rose Garden/ Convention center area for those who know where they are.
If I assume that all of them are around the same size, it might be hard to fit a large number of people there. I was only looking from the car, but I saw a kind of sushi bar that was too small to fit a whole group of cosplayers, and it was pretty small. We would probably have to reserve a large section of the restaurant.

But this is assuming that the ones closer to the hotel are the same size, which I'm hoping they're not. I hope I can go check them out sometime soon, maybe Sunday?
KUMORICON 2011 COSPLAYS

Offline Red Spark

• Sailor Scout
    • Drawing Blog
« Reply #188 on: August 13, 2010, 10:20:44 pm »
I wouldn't be surprised if they're all fairly tiny. The one I saw by Pioneer Square seemed pretty small...

Buuut...I'm still curious about those "Japanese style rooms" being advertised for the location by the Hilton, though. If they're what I suspect they are, then I think 8 or so people may be able to fit with ease. Still, that's all conjecture on my part.

...I would've gone and checked the location out this week, as I planned, but my schedule got tied up. ._. My apologies, regrets, and condolences.

Although on Tuesday, I may finally get my chance to look into it if you don't get the chance to, Saleh.

SO YEAH. On another note, how's everyone's cosplay progressing? : D
« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 10:23:11 pm by Red Spark »

...and...uh..? Hm...

Offline Salehthesage

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #189 on: August 13, 2010, 10:27:06 pm »
SO YEAH. On another note, how's everyone's cosplay progressing? : D
WHOO! I'm glad you asked this.

I just bought a weapon today for Ken. So I think I'm pretty much 100% finished with Ken after like three years OTL

@dana: Weren't you going to cosplay Yosuke?! D :
KUMORICON 2011 COSPLAYS

Offline Fachion-pari

• Chibi
« Reply #190 on: August 13, 2010, 10:32:51 pm »
Danaaaaa ): (But its ok, you're too awesome to not include!)
We're doing everything Saturday, as far as I know. And the gathering for the resturant/kings game is most likely at night, rather than the day, so maybe you can still squeeze it in, and if not, no worries! :]
Kumoricon 2012!
Midori - Devil Survivor

Offline Fachion-pari

• Chibi
« Reply #191 on: August 13, 2010, 10:57:12 pm »
Oh, yayy! :)
@Ken: 100% after 3 years is still good, haha!
Kumoricon 2012!
Midori - Devil Survivor

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #192 on: August 13, 2010, 11:44:25 pm »
At this point, Saturday works for me. XD; (come on K-con, why can't you give us the program guide yetttt?!)

Nothing to add at this point.... OH, I don't think Mitsuru's going to be with us this year but she's staying in my hotel room, so.  Who knows.  'Cept she's been hardcore tanning so no clue here.  A friend might bring Akihiko, but since he's a little bit older than us I might encourage him to not take part in king's game. XD; I'll feel too awkward to look at him if I have to give Yukiko a lapdance or something. 
lol peer pressure

Plans:

Offline Fachion-pari

• Chibi
« Reply #193 on: August 14, 2010, 04:02:28 pm »
I'd like to see the guide too! At Sakuracon they literally put it out a week before the con, so maybe K-con is doing the same?
A-and why are you giving our fellow cosplayers ideas? That's how leap frog was spawned last lear! xD
Kumoricon 2012!
Midori - Devil Survivor

Offline Fachion-pari

• Chibi
« Reply #194 on: August 14, 2010, 11:35:28 pm »
It's okayyyy
You'll still be around to enjoy plenty of food and Kings Game, I bet!
Kumoricon 2012!
Midori - Devil Survivor

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #195 on: August 15, 2010, 04:23:11 pm »
@Dana: Well, we still don't know absolutely for sure what day it'll be?  XD; Some people may suddenly overwhelmingly want Sunday, or something.  comeonyouknowyouwanna
lol peer pressure

Plans:

Offline yukiko168

• Oni
    • Deviant, yes?
« Reply #196 on: August 18, 2010, 01:14:49 pm »
Ohaithar everyone!

I guess I should introduce myself-- I'm Yukiko and I'll be attending Kumoricon as the FeMC! I just made this account after taking a look at the thread through [the person 'playing] Yukari's login. Nice ta meet 'chya all!

EDIT: Right, through Shiba21's account. Sorry, I didn't know if that was your username on this site.

I have no connection whatsoever to Yukiko Amagi, and I play Persona 3, not Persona 4. ...just thought I'd clear that up before anyone asks.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 01:18:52 pm by yukiko168 »

Offline Fachion-pari

• Chibi
« Reply #197 on: August 18, 2010, 04:57:23 pm »
@ Yukiko: Hola! It's nice to have more P3 cosplayers!
So, are we deciding on Saturday for the photoshoot/gathering? If we are, where will we have it? It seems that pioneer square is really popular. :]
Kumoricon 2012!
Midori - Devil Survivor

Offline Salehthesage

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #198 on: August 18, 2010, 10:46:14 pm »
It seems that pioneer square is really popular. :]
Pioneer Square just seemed kind of 'kay this looks good' last year.

If possible, it would probably be nice to have a group brainstorm of some locations that could possibly work for either game? Kind of like the shots in front of the moon last year...But that's not really a photoshoot location. I don't know, we could probably find some cool stores in Pioneer Place [maybe one with a big TV area?] and take pictures there.
KUMORICON 2011 COSPLAYS

Offline Fachion-pari

• Chibi
« Reply #199 on: August 19, 2010, 03:00:44 pm »
Because Ken was so nice as to show me this game's screenshots and info, I decided to share the trailer with you, since Ken and I are really interested in the game. Please note this is a tad on the NSFW side, so please keep that in mind if you decide to watch. It's SMT/Atlus, so I figured it'd be cool to share. (Future cosplay ideas?)
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cExya15jYWg&feature=player_embedded
And on the note of photoshoot locations, a link to a thread a wonderful cosplayer made for the fourm.
http://www.kumoricon.org/forums/index.php?topic=13278.0
Kumoricon 2012!
Midori - Devil Survivor

Offline Shiba21

• Sailor Scout
    • My deviantART
« Reply #200 on: August 19, 2010, 09:52:44 pm »
Because Ken was so nice as to show me this game's screenshots and info, I decided to share the trailer with you, since Ken and I are really interested in the game. Please note this is a tad on the NSFW side, so please keep that in mind if you decide to watch. It's SMT/Atlus, so I figured it'd be cool to share. (Future cosplay ideas?)

I just heard about this as well and I'm quite excited for it! The whole horror theme seems awesome and it's nice to see something different like this from Atlus.
I have my doubts as to whether they'll release this game outside of Japan because of the content though...

2013 cosplay plans:

Offline yukiko168

• Oni
    • Deviant, yes?
« Reply #201 on: August 20, 2010, 02:42:21 pm »
I just heard about this as well and I'm quite excited for it! The whole horror theme seems awesome and it's nice to see something different like this from Atlus.
Ehh, really, Yukari? I thought that it was kinda creepy. >_>

Offline Fachion-pari

• Chibi
« Reply #202 on: August 20, 2010, 10:21:44 pm »
I VOTE PARKING GARAGE
Parking garageee! I wouldn't mind doing that again! And I'll probably wear my contacts this time, haha.
Kumoricon 2012!
Midori - Devil Survivor

Offline yukiko168

• Oni
    • Deviant, yes?
« Reply #203 on: August 22, 2010, 09:18:18 pm »
So have we decided on Saturday for the photoshoot/hang out day? And is there an approximation for around when the photoshoot should be? Since the schedule for the convention has already been posted, I think it would be best if we set the date for sure and at least a rough time so that it'll be easier for us to maintain a schedule. :O

Offline Salehthesage

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #204 on: August 22, 2010, 11:45:41 pm »
http://www.kumoricon.org/?p=1038

^ Link to schedule for those who couldn't/can't find it.

As far as I can tell [and this isn't much because these things are hard for me to read on PDF because of the schedule set-up], nothing really MAJOR is happening Saturday night [like the masquerade ball or anything], so that seems to be a safe bet still?
I hope someone can back this up though.
KUMORICON 2011 COSPLAYS

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #205 on: August 23, 2010, 04:48:39 pm »
I'm...tentatively busy on Day 2 in the evening, so Saturday works fine for me now. 
lol peer pressure

Plans:

Offline Fachion-pari

• Chibi
« Reply #206 on: August 23, 2010, 05:03:05 pm »
Juliaaaa ;o; (If you're busy feel free to ask me to do food runs for you! You artist alley peeps are all so busy!)
And quick update, I may be coming down alone, Chie is having money issues, and our friend that was a possible Rise isn't coming at all. ): So if I'm coming alone, I may just bring my Shadow Yukiko. It's 95% done, I just don't have yellow contacts.
Kumoricon 2012!
Midori - Devil Survivor

Offline Shiba21

• Sailor Scout
    • My deviantART
« Reply #207 on: August 23, 2010, 05:42:30 pm »
You're going to be in the Artist's Alley again this year, Serika? : o
Which booth are you going to be in?
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 05:42:53 pm by Shiba21 »

2013 cosplay plans:

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #208 on: August 23, 2010, 07:53:36 pm »
@Shiba21: I'm going to be in THE LEGACY (i think....two of you will get it...) with my Akihiko friend who...idk if he'll join us lolololol

@Fachion-pari: We'll see how it goes!  I have the great ability to shut off bodily functions when having fun, so.  I appreciate it though.  I'll consider it....
Also, you should totally bring Shadow Yukiko.  It just.  I want you to bring that. (partially because i want to try it on god i'm horrible) If I can work up the courage to bring hi-cut Yukari with me, we should have a nonsensical slutty party/shoot. 
Speaking of that... does anyone want me to wear high-cut armor Yukari one of the days?  It wouldn't be on the shoot day, but I really don't have a clue what I'm wearing during the con.  If it were just me I'd lean towards no (hard to put on, awkward in public, COLD) but I really DON'T HAVE ANY IDEA what I'm wearing during the con yet so if someone wants to see it...yeah. 
lol peer pressure

Plans:

Offline Salehthesage

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #209 on: August 23, 2010, 09:14:00 pm »
@Shiba21: I'm going to be in THE LEGACY
When I'm Jay and you're Shirley we shall giggle about this eternally.

BUT THIS IS PERSONA.

@Fachion: I still say you should just kidnap Laurie. If you hold up a gun at her work and tell them to bring you your Chie then they really can't say no. Oh, and rob the place so you have the money.

@Red Spark: Did you have a chance to check out Koji or anything?
KUMORICON 2011 COSPLAYS

Offline Red Spark

• Sailor Scout
    • Drawing Blog
« Reply #210 on: August 24, 2010, 12:15:50 am »
@Saleh: TOMORROW,I SWEAR. ;_;

Cosmic forces keep obstructing my journey into Portland...but tomorrow will see the end of that.

Tomorrow had better see the end of that. .___.

...and...uh..? Hm...

Offline Fachion-pari

• Chibi
« Reply #211 on: August 24, 2010, 12:52:37 am »
@Juliaaa: I totally love your name, I'm sorry. OTL AND I MUST BRING HER NOW. Because who doesn't want to act like a slut in cosplay? My only problem is I have no contacts. Will you still want me to take her with no contacts?  ;A; (And pssh, I don't care if you try it on! I'd love you to!) Just have to figure out when to wear her. Unless you wanna borrow the outfit for like, a day? Sunday and Monday I won't be wearing her for sure.
@Kennn: (Keeping the theme running here,) Her work isn't the problem, but seriously, if it does, I'm going to pull up, drag her out the window, (with some food of course) and speed off.
@Tannerrrr (yes, I know your name. ;]) Please let us know how it goes! And thanks for checking places out!
Sorry, long post..! ;o;
Kumoricon 2012!
Midori - Devil Survivor

Offline Red Spark

• Sailor Scout
    • Drawing Blog
« Reply #212 on: August 24, 2010, 10:59:48 pm »
ALRIGHT GUYS! o_o

SO THAT RESTAURANT. (Koji's/Koji Osakaya on Broadway) I finally got the chance to dine there tonight.

It could totally seat a fairly large group of people. Those "Japanese-style rooms" they advertise on the website? (http://www.koji.com/Img/KojiOnBwyJpnRoomMid.jpg)

There are just screens that divide each table in that section of the restaurant, and they can be rolled up and put away. In addition, the tables can slide together for larger groups. There are a total of five tables, and each table can seat four people.
The only thing that I think could be an issue is if the restaurant is particularly busy that night, and those tables are all taken. (The restaurant was...completely empty tonight except for my friend and I. Maybe that's just how Tuesdays are?) Or if the food/pricing does not sit well with our group.

...also, they require customers to remove their shoes before sitting down at those tables. There's a space to set shoes just in front of the tables.

THIIIIISSSSSSSSS ends my report.

And the restaurant isn't even one whole block south of the hotel.

EDIT: @Falchion-Pari: I...I'll get your name! At some point. >_>
« Last Edit: August 24, 2010, 11:00:53 pm by Red Spark »

...and...uh..? Hm...

Offline Fachion-pari

• Chibi
« Reply #213 on: August 26, 2010, 07:13:25 pm »
Oh, that's fantastic! Should we try and eat there, or should we wait to see if anyone wants to eat somewhere else? I like the walking distance, and space. So, my vote is we should go. And someone can set up a reservation? I can do that, if need be. I might be in Shadow Yukiko gear for the photoshoot, so my friend can be Yumi (ohohoho!), so the distance is a big perk. :]
Kumoricon 2012!
Midori - Devil Survivor

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #214 on: August 27, 2010, 04:38:13 am »
Alright!  I'm all for this place, and it sounds like Mitsuru might be going as well (so...since she's very downtown savvy, she can help lead us there if we become retarded, haha....).  Ryoji, when you went by did you happen to ask if it costs anything to rent the entire roomspace?  If not, then whoever calls can ask and find out for sure.  As well as the hours, since I couldn't find them anywhere... Linking to the site again in case it's too hard to google: http://www.koji.com/locations.htm

Also!  We need to have a for sure photoshoot time/location by AUGUST 30TH.  So, we know Saturday night for sure now- artist alley closes at 6 pm that day and since Akihiko and I are the only ones running the booth at this point... We need some time to close up (and people don't always leave immediately) so is 6:30 in the 2nd floor lobby a good time to LEAVE for the photoshoot and then later, dinner (probably around 7-7:30 dinner time)?  If this is okay, I'd list 6:00 as MEETUP time on the photoshoot schedule (I liked seeing the big group of persona cosplayers, even though only a handful showed up-----).

If we must move this earlier (we might need to, depending on the restaurant hours and how long they'd be willing to accommodate us) then I think Akihiko and I are willing to change it.  Up to an hour earlier (meaning we'd plan to be in the lobby at around 5:15-5:30) but we'd REALLY appreciate not having to do this, since time gone is lost sales. 

ANYWAYS.  Let me know what you guys think, so we can get this up on the photoshoot thread SOON SOON SOON.
lol peer pressure

Plans:

Offline Salehthesage

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #215 on: August 27, 2010, 11:40:46 am »
Also!  We need to have a for sure photoshoot time/location by AUGUST 30TH.  So, we know Saturday night for sure now- artist alley closes at 6 pm that day and since Akihiko and I are the only ones running the booth at this point... We need some time to close up (and people don't always leave immediately) so is 6:30 in the 2nd floor lobby a good time to LEAVE for the photoshoot and then later, dinner (probably around 7-7:30 dinner time)?  If this is okay, I'd list 6:00 as MEETUP time on the photoshoot schedule (I liked seeing the big group of persona cosplayers, even though only a handful showed up-----).
This all sounds perfect, but I have one question.

If we have dinner around 7-7:30, won't that leave a short window for the actual photoshoot? I mean, if we leave at 6:30 and factor in walking time+finding good locations. I don't remember how long the photoshoot took last year, but I have a feeling we might need more time sense no one seems to have an idea of where we'll actually take the pictures?

Other then that though, your schedule sounds perfect. I say if we push dinner back a little bit though it would be okay, as long as the restaurant is still open? The only people I can remember who have to leave early had to leave at 10, so we would still have time for King's Game and stuff back at the hotel.
KUMORICON 2011 COSPLAYS

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #216 on: August 27, 2010, 04:06:53 pm »
Alright, I just called...

1000 SW Broadway is the address.  This is the one closer to the Hilton than pioneer square, according to the guy I talked to. (i had a hard time understanding the website)

I counted the people who have been active in the last several pages, and including everyone from like.. 3 pages ago, plus mitsuru, that's 11 people.  I told him we would expect "more than 11" and he seemed a little flustered and wanted to know EXACTLY how many it'd be, so I said in the range of "11-15" since not too many random people showed up last year.  So, he said he'd set up PART of the room (not the full room) which can seat 14 people comfortably, 16 if we want to squeeze in.  This makes me a taaaad bit nervous since we don't know exactly how many people WILL decide to come by (it could be much more than last year...) so ANY LURKERS WHO HAVE BEEN READING AND NOT POSTING WHO WANT TO JOIN, WE WANT TO WELCOME YOU!  PLEASE POST SO WE CAN HAVE A MORE ACCURATE IDEA FOR THIS RESERVATION.  IF YOU'RE SHY AND DON'T WANT TO TALK, WE WON'T MAKE YOU.  UNTIL DINNER.  please post pls.  He said if we become aware of the number going up (when I mentioned it was part of the convention going on, he said "ooooh" so he seemed to understand) to call but when I said we might not know until an hour before--- that might be a little hard on him, but to call anyways.  So, I don't want to make things hard on him.  LET ME KNOW if there are going to be other people there.  And this year, I'd *ideally* really like to enforce the Persona/SMT dress code (Yeah, I'm willing to let an Alice or a Midori or whoever join in) so I don't really want random other folks in other outfits tagging along... but i'm probably too much of a pushover to say no

I have it reserved for arriving "7-7:30" ish, but if we choose to change things we can.  They're open from 11:30 am to midnight, so there's a little....bit of time there.  Let me know how you guys feel.
lol peer pressure

Plans:

Offline Fachion-pari

• Chibi
« Reply #217 on: August 27, 2010, 04:26:33 pm »
I like the prospect of having a little time in between the photoshoot and dinner, in case my friend is cosplaying as Yumi, because I'll have to change. xD;
@Dana: At least changing will be easy, since you'll be at the Hilton? I'm excited to be staying at it, hopefully we won't be on a high floor. At Sakuracon the elevator broke on Sunday. Luckily since we're used to stairs, the 17th floor wasn't too bad to run up and down from, haha!
And Julia! Meaghan, my friend who might be Yumi, wants to tag along. I don't think she'll be changing her mind, so I want to make sure we add her to the equation. And thank you for calling the resturant!
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 08:40:38 pm by Fachion-pari »
Kumoricon 2012!
Midori - Devil Survivor

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #218 on: August 28, 2010, 03:40:45 pm »
Alright, with 12 people now... I'll need to talk to Akihiko about how soon he wants to leave.  I know I won't want to leave the AA until it closes, and he's even more focused on MONAAAY than I am.

BUT.  A (not private) photoshoot is...generally only around an hour before everyone loses steam?  And last year, our "photoshoot" was.  REALLY short.  So, I guess you guys need to think about how much time you ACTUALLY want to spend.  I think an hour and a half tops with 2 (potentially more, if any non Persona SMT cosplayers show up), then dinner.  Two hours is really a lot.  For those who have to change, that's one thing, but... unfortunately for you guys..... most of us don't, and we'll be HUNGRY (though I suppose, if it's just Dana and Merina and maybe her Yumi?? you guys could head back to the hotel to change, and meet us at the restaurant, but we don't want to leave you behind and we probably won't want to wait either.  So.) 

Tell me what you guys want, and we can work out a schedule.  But we need to do it soon. 
lol peer pressure

Plans:

Offline Fachion-pari

• Chibi
« Reply #219 on: August 28, 2010, 09:47:45 pm »
I honestly don't think we need two hours. Maybe forty-five minutes? It's up to everyone else, but I don't see us needing that much time. And PSSSAWWW. I can change in the bathroom if I need to. I can strip and change so fast, its not even funny. (because of choir, guys. nothing dirty.)  So if you guys don't feel the need to wait, I totally understand, and I'll bring a robe bag. So, yeah. And Dana! If you need time to change, I can always wait with you and what not. No big deal, since the resturant is so close this year. :] (So my idea to hurry and get this settled since there is a timeline, we meet, walk to the location for the photoshoot, have the photoshoot about forty-five minutes or so, then ship out and go have dinner. Y/N?)
Kumoricon 2012!
Midori - Devil Survivor

Offline Salehthesage

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #220 on: August 28, 2010, 11:37:06 pm »
walk to the location for the photoshoot
Did we ever decide an actual location for the photoshoot? I remember someone [I think danayoki] saying a parking garage? Is that what we've decided or are we just going to find somewhere day of [honestly, I'm not going to be doing on Saturday so I could walk around and find some good photoshoot locations]?
« Last Edit: August 28, 2010, 11:37:36 pm by Salehthesage »
KUMORICON 2011 COSPLAYS

Offline Fachion-pari

• Chibi
« Reply #221 on: August 29, 2010, 08:24:10 pm »
I'd like to go to a parking garage! (Have a slightly dark theme, since P3 and P4 have dark themes, hurdur?)
But seriously, guys, lets decide soon. Anywhere is cool!
Kumoricon 2012!
Midori - Devil Survivor

Offline DewbMonster

• Cabbit
« Reply #222 on: August 29, 2010, 09:23:05 pm »
Hey guys~! Happy update I can make it! SO~ CHIE WILL BE THERE :D And maybe I will finally eat some steak :D
Happydayhappydayhappyhappyhappyday~!
Btw I think my hair might actually be alittle short for Chie this time I got it cut and it looks like a pter pan hair cut or something.
sakura con 2013 (Maybe)
AX 2013 (Maybe)

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #223 on: August 30, 2010, 03:15:08 am »
Alright, I put us down in the schedule for 6:00, and then moving to other locations....

We still need to figure out if you guys are okay with a one-hour shoot, or should we bump it up to hour and a half/two hours. 

AND, let's have a role call.... I'll remember you all by character names better, so I'll go back and edit this when I'm not working on something frantically....

Aigis (myself)
Mitsuru (friend)
Akihiko (friend) - maybe
Ken (Saleh)
Ryoji (Red Spark)
Yosuke (Danayoki)
Chie (Dewbmonster)
Yukiko (fachion)
Yumi (fachion's friend)
P3 MC??? ()
Yukari ()
Naoto ()
Someone else I forgot who posted once or twice()

So, that's 13 right now.  Any more than three who'll be joining, and I'll want to call and ask for the full room instead of just the.... 3/4s of the room.  So.  ANYONE WHO HASN'T POSTED RECENTLY, PLEASE POST NOW IF YOU'RE THINKING ABOUT COMING ALONG. 
Do you guys feel like others might be joining?  I know we will (obviously) and last year it was all the posters plus, like, their friends... OH, except the girls who didn't show up, forgot about them.  I know there were a handful of other Persona cosplayers hanging out on the 2nd floor lobby but no one actually went with us... Or did they?  See, I can't remember this stuff.  Guys, tell me if I should call and change it or not, I'm bad at making decisions. 

....also, I finished the uniform part of Aigis (about goddamn time!!!) so all that's left are gloves, ribbon (which may be provided for me by Akihiko) and headband.  ALSO, IT LOOKS REALLY AWESOME!!!!!....
lol peer pressure

Plans:

Offline Shiba21

• Sailor Scout
    • My deviantART
« Reply #224 on: August 30, 2010, 04:03:50 pm »
I will be Yukari and my friend will be going as the FeMC (or MShe or Minako or whatever you want to call her).

Sorry for the late notice (since we just sorted this out), but one of my friends who's going with us wants to join us for dinner... He hasn't played much of the Persona games but knows a bit about the series, but he will be cosplaying as the Cowardly Maya shadow and will offer to be our cameraman if he can join us. So it would be great if you could fit him in a spot for dinner.

I also remember that a few pages back, the person who posted about cosplaying as the P3 MC mentioned something about a friend joining him who will be going as Jack Frost... so that would make 15.
As for last year, there were like a couple of people who met up with us in the lobby who didn't post here, but they didn't join us for the photoshoot or dinner. And I don't believe there was anyone who actually went to dinner who didn't post here...? But seeing as we have 15 people already, it might be safer to go with the whole room...

Anyway, I'm soo excited for this! >w< Can't believe the con is only 4 days away, haha.

2013 cosplay plans:

Offline Fachion-pari

• Chibi
« Reply #225 on: August 30, 2010, 04:33:00 pm »
Four days til con?! Poo...that means two days until school. OTL; You guys don't know how excited we are, haha. But Julia, I think we should keep the 3/4 room, since we don't want too many people to be at the dinner anyways. I think we should just cap it at the 15 we have now, since anymore it might be a hassle? I don't know, I'm not trying to be unfair, but didn't the guy who was reserving for us get a little uneasy at the thought of 20 people?
Kumoricon 2012!
Midori - Devil Survivor

Offline Red Spark

• Sailor Scout
    • Drawing Blog
« Reply #226 on: August 30, 2010, 08:58:23 pm »
...Eh, they've got their own rights to the services they offer, right? We don't want to wind-up being a burden to them, or anything. (Or overstay our welcome, etc., etc...)

Still, if we have a lot, and we can't all eat down at the little Japanese-style seating area, they do have normal dining booths that are like...7-9 feet away from them. We could count on those as "overflow," if it becomes an issue. Of course, that also depends on how busy the restaurant is on a Saturday night, too.

...>_> Oh, and uh, I'm still here. Just saying. I haven't vanished.

I'm going to go and play with paper mache, now...or else I might go crazy by Thursday.

GOOD LUCK FINISHING UP COSPLAY IF IT ISN'T DONE ALREADY, GUYS. : D

@_@ OH GOD OH GOD

...and...uh..? Hm...

Offline Fachion-pari

• Chibi
« Reply #227 on: August 30, 2010, 08:59:01 pm »

Also even if he does get iffy about the idea of 20 people, I don't think he's allowed to not reserve a room for us no matter how many people we have.
True, but the space is fairly limited. I think we should be ok. :] 20 people didn't make it last year, so we shouldn't have that many this time, either.
(Btw, guys, should Shadow Yukiko have big boobs or eh, decent sized ones. I've got a big bra, so...OTL Embarassing to ask, but whatever, its cosplay!)
Kumoricon 2012!
Midori - Devil Survivor

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #228 on: August 30, 2010, 09:42:49 pm »
@fachion-pari: Whatever makes you feel more confident, as Shadow Yukiko is *CONFIDENT* or at least, you know, faking it.  

I'd...sort of like it if we had more people, than less?  But I'll call the restaurant tomorrow and say we'll anticipate having the full room.  

ALSO.  Ryoji.  Is the JAPANESE STYLE DINING ROOM AREA separated from the main booths???  Cause if they're not, I don't want to alienate people by king's game.  If you could describe the setup a little, that would be nice... I should probably know ahead of time whether or not to anticipate bringing the party upstairs or just enjoying most of it in the restaurant, since they'll be open until midnight... So if we're NOT freaking people out, we could just stay there until most of us had gotten our fill. 

edit: I forgot to mention.  I personally feel like anyone should be welcome as long as they're in cosplay.  It's not like a couple people we don't already know are gonna CRAMP OUR STYLE!!!! or something. 
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 09:49:39 pm by Serika »
lol peer pressure

Plans:

Offline Red Spark

• Sailor Scout
    • Drawing Blog
« Reply #229 on: August 30, 2010, 09:50:00 pm »
@Serika: Nope. Same room. Everything's in their dining area, no extra walls or anything. I...I think I might draw a diagram in a short while.

EDIT:

Okay, here we go. Red Spark's recollection of the dining room at the Koji's location on broadway, as rendered by tablet, is as such...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v320/RurouniGlyde/003_kojiinterior.png

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v320/RurouniGlyde/004_kojiinterior_topdown.png

But to make things more clear - nope, there's nothing separating the area we reserved from the rest of the dining room. There's just a wall in the back of the "Japanese style room" area (complete with a big mirror), and then open space on the other side.

o_o But yeah. Uh...I think they have Jazz performances that begin at 9:30, or something, on Saturdays, though. During the weekend of the con, I don't know if they have a performance prepared or not, though.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 10:42:06 pm by Red Spark »

...and...uh..? Hm...

Offline Fachion-pari

• Chibi
« Reply #230 on: August 30, 2010, 11:01:47 pm »
Well, I'll just test out the costume tonight and see how it feels. And I guess more people is fun. :] But, I think a Kings Game at the restaurant isn't such a good idea, since we do get kinda crazy, lol! (Leap frog, pyraminds...) So maybe we should try and do it in the same place of the hotel as last year, and if that doesn't work, go to your room, Julia? (Only if thats what you're ok with!)
@Red Spark: Oh my god. That is a fantastic diagram for both views. Just saying. And thanks for providing the info to the restaurant! <3
Kumoricon 2012!
Midori - Devil Survivor

Offline Shiba21

• Sailor Scout
    • My deviantART
« Reply #231 on: September 02, 2010, 05:50:47 pm »
Minako is currently in my bathroom... having a mental breakdown.

...Anyone have some wig styling tips?

2013 cosplay plans:

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #232 on: September 02, 2010, 06:23:04 pm »

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #233 on: September 02, 2010, 08:05:18 pm »
Minako is currently in my bathroom... having a mental breakdown.

...Anyone have some wig styling tips?

Uuuuh.  The thing about FemC's hairstyle is that it's really just a messy ponytail.  To get it absolutely accurate, you'd need to either have a VERY full wig to pull it into a ponytail, or stub a part in the back and create a ponytail out of extensions.  You'd then need to probably "spike" the ponytail to get that appearance of fullness and messyness.

Most wigs aren't full enough to just pull into a ponytail, because the wefts till show underneath.  Is that the problem you're having? 
(I've also seen girls just pull their regular hait into a messy ponytail.  If it's long enough and this wig is too troublesome, we understaaaand.)

(also, just reserved the full 4 tables in the restaurant, so we're good to go.  I guess we can figure out the day of how much time we want to spend.... photoshooting, rather than eating.  Grammar fail right now, I think.)
lol peer pressure

Plans:

Offline Shiba21

• Sailor Scout
    • My deviantART
« Reply #234 on: September 02, 2010, 08:17:36 pm »
Ah ha... yeah, that's exactly the problem we were having >_>

I wish we thought about this earlier instead of just buying a random wig on impulse. And now it's waaay too late to get hair extensions (lol procrastination), but even with one I still doubt it'd look good.
After fooling around for like 3 hours, we finally decided to give up... so you guys will see a black-haired Minako very soon. xD It doesn't look too bad though and the cosplay is still recognizable.
(Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever seen a Minako cosplay with the hair styled exactly right...)

And about the photoshoot... I agree with some of the other people who posted, so I really don't think we'd need any more than an hour. I don't remember the one last year taking up that much time.

2013 cosplay plans:

Offline Fachion-pari

• Chibi
« Reply #235 on: September 02, 2010, 11:02:12 pm »
Hey, guys! Can't wait to see you all Saturday! (Except Dana, who gets to see us all ugly and tired Friday!)
This is probably my last post, so I just want to say I managed to find a tiara and even a pink microphone for Shadow Yukiko, so she is totally going to troll the photoshoot, (Or at least your booths and tables.)  Anyways! I bought bubbles to hand out during the photoshoot, just for giggles and maybe crack pictures, so hopefully you guys will like those, even if they're kinda ghetto... So, see you all Saturday! :]
Kumoricon 2012!
Midori - Devil Survivor

Offline Red Spark

• Sailor Scout
    • Drawing Blog
« Reply #236 on: September 03, 2010, 11:34:25 am »
Figured I'd drop a reply into the topic one last time before Kumoricon starts. >_>

Here's to an enjoyable photoshoot, King's Game, and Kumoricon overall! : D

...now I'm going to go back to finishing this scarf and worrying about if I cut the sleeves on this shirt too short. >____>

...Oh God, it is. ;_;
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 12:30:02 pm by Red Spark »

...and...uh..? Hm...

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #237 on: September 07, 2010, 10:26:31 pm »
HELLO MY BEAUTIFUL BITCHES I LOVE YOU ALL and i doubt admins care if i swear because no one cares about persona

I'll upload my photos if I have more energy tonight.  Even though all my pictures are horrible and i have no good ones of myself sobbuuuuu~~

but @Tanner Alejandro got pictures of me dominating you in the AA, which are awesome, and i'll share them when I get the link. 
lol peer pressure

Plans:

Offline Red Spark

• Sailor Scout
    • Drawing Blog
« Reply #238 on: September 08, 2010, 12:24:39 am »
@Serika: Ha! Awesome. Can't wait to take a look at 'em. I'm kinda scared to see if I'm making a stupid face, though. >_>

And man, where's everyone else?  Let's collectively reminisce and discuss how awesome our group of Persona cosplayers was(/is?).

(Also how awesome/horrifying the rounds of King's Game were.)

...and...uh..? Hm...

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #239 on: September 08, 2010, 12:53:33 am »
@Ryojikuuuuuuun: Nonsense.  And even if you were making a stupid face, well, when you are experiencing so much pleasure and pain then who can hold it against you? 

So, here's some of my pictures.....

General Kumoricon: http://s162.photobucket.com/albums/t275/KnightSeri/Kumoricon%202010/
Persona/King's game: http://s162.photobucket.com/albums/t275/KnightSeri/Kumoricon%202010/Persona%20and%20Kings%20Game/

And if you want pictures of me and Akihiko running around the hotel like idiots at 2 am and being dumbasses in Legendia!cosplay (including many, many test shots), here you go: http://s162.photobucket.com/albums/t275/KnightSeri/Kumoricon%202010/FORMAL%20NORMA%20AND%20MASTER%20SVEN/
lol peer pressure

Plans:

Offline yukiko168

• Oni
    • Deviant, yes?
« Reply #240 on: September 09, 2010, 11:06:49 am »
Oh god, I look like an idiot in basically every one of those. OuOb

But overall, I think the Persona get-together was the most fun out of all the Kumoricon days. I agree with Ryoji, time to reminisce. Once I finish scanning my new one in, I'll post the artistic renditions of the King's Game Yukari, Akihiko, and I drew as well.

Offline Fachion-pari

• Chibi
« Reply #241 on: September 09, 2010, 04:39:37 pm »
Bawww, I miss you guys. Persona Day was a great day, and I miss the sleepover/movie time we had. (A few of you were there, haha~) I wish I took pics, but I was too distracted by certain things. (Like Kings Game!) SO. We should plan persona for Sakuracon, too~ And lol, sorry I lost my voice for the rest of the weekend. xD
Kumoricon 2012!
Midori - Devil Survivor

Offline Shiba21

• Sailor Scout
    • My deviantART
« Reply #242 on: September 09, 2010, 04:42:39 pm »
Hey all!

I managed to get all the pictures that Sunny our Cowardly Maya took and uploaded them to Photobucket.
http://s910.photobucket.com/albums/ac304/qiisnii/kumoricon2010/

And there were a few photos I really liked, so I decided to do a bit of editing on those (I mostly changed the contrast around; nothing major, haha):
http://s910.photobucket.com/albums/ac304/qiisnii/kumoricon2010/edited/

Anyway, I wish we had better pictures and stuff. There weren't many pictures where all of us were ready at the same time, or when we were the picture turned out blurry or something... xD

So how many of you guys are actually planning to go to Sakuracon? I'm afraid I won't be able to go just because it's too far away. >_<

2013 cosplay plans: