Author Topic: Persona in '10!  (Read 90382 times)

Offline Hekiru

• Cabbit
Persona in '10!
« on: November 01, 2009, 12:35:52 pm »
Here is the new 2010 thread for people cosplaying as characters from the Shin Megami Tensei: Persona series. As quoted from Serika..

PLEASE TRY TO KEEP THIS THREAD AS SPOILER FREE AS POSSIBLE.  IF SPOILERS ARE ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY IN YOUR POST, MARK THEM.  Thank you!

So go ahead and post whatever character from the series you plan on cosplaying as for K-Con '10 and other Persona-related stoof. :3

Also..

This is a little something something for my fellow Persona fans (Note: THESE DO CONTAIN SPOILERS FOR P4):

The Big Long Persona 4 comic, part 1: http://hiimdaisy.livejournal.com/26044.html#cutid1

The Big Long Persona 4 comic, part 2: http://hiimdaisy.livejournal.com/26484.html#cutid1

Enjoy!
Kumoricon 2011 Cosplays:

Simon (pre-timeskip) - Gurren Lagann
Simon Brezhnev - Durarara!!

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
Re: Persona in '10!
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2009, 05:18:33 pm »
Cough cough....

The reason I didn't make a '10 thread earlier was because I (personally) am...not sure if I'll be doing Persona cosplay, and no one else really seemed certain... (plus it's still '09 i mean come on guys)

Though I still want to talk to all the cool Persona people, and I suppose if we got another King's Game going, we'd have to cosplay Persona.  Heehee. 

(Speaking of which, if we wanted to do a King's Game thing as an actual event so we'd not have to walk all over the place and, err, break my ipod dock again [:(] I was thinking we could do it similar to the Ouran tea party thing?  But rather than pay you'd just have to get your ticket with the info desk by informing them who you'll be cosplaying.  Then after an hour or so, we could open it up to other cosplayers?  Maybe?  I don't know what I'm talking about, but I totally want to have this next year, for sure.  It'd just be way easier to do it on the grounds, I think, and plus more people might be able to see it and OMG persona meet-up yaay.  I could make (or bring) food, like sushi and sodas and stuff.  I'd need to ask the con staff what kinds of foods we can bring... Oh, I have my food handler's license, so, y'know, safe to eat and stuff.)
lol peer pressure

Plans:
Kumoricon '11: Catherine (Catherine), Nanami (Revolutionary Girl Utena)
Sakuracon '12: Ryfia (Arc Rise Fantasia), other things

Offline YouLikeRice

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2009, 06:16:31 pm »
Yeah, I don't if I'm going to do a Persona cosplay next year. (Or even go to Kumoricon next year.) BUT I STILL WANT TO BLAB ABOUT PERSONAAAAA! Has their been any recent news on P3P?

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2009, 06:17:30 pm »
You mean, other than it being released?
lol peer pressure

Plans:

Offline Fachion-pari

• Chibi
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2009, 08:47:04 pm »
Haha, I can do some looking around the con area if you'd like to see what resturants might have private rooms or something if we do decide on doing a Persona shoot/King's game again. :]
I have some news about p3p! As a girl you can date Ken! You can confess your love to him since he has a crush on you, and start dating him. And you get the high cut armor for the Female Mc. ;D
Kumoricon 2012!
Midori - Devil Survivor
Lal Mirch- Khr (possibly)
Masako - Mawaru Penguindrum

Offline NARUNIK

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2009, 09:10:20 pm »
Oh gosh..

NO WONDER ITS CALLED PERSONA....WHY CANT YA JUST PLAY SIMS!

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2009, 09:12:28 pm »
@Narunik
Incorrect.  Nice guess though.

@Fachion-pari
Interesting.  I've been wondering how the female story is different.  I know some of the SL are different characters and Yukiko makes a cameo.
"Hm, the Moe is strong with this one..."
Kylite-"You and your TV Tropes!"<Refering to This Troper's ruined voc

Offline Fachion-pari

• Chibi
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2009, 09:32:01 pm »
Yeah, you can even date Shinji, but you know...Why bother? xD;
The Female gets a whole new arcana, too I think. She's 22. Thank Livejournal for all the snipits of info I know, haha!
Kumoricon 2012!
Midori - Devil Survivor

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2009, 10:08:20 pm »
@Fachion-pari
From what I understand, yes and no.  The Fool arcana, when given a number at all, is sometimes considered to be number 0 and other times number 22. 

Offline NARUNIK

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2009, 10:49:00 pm »
Bah, I dont feel like reading or watching..

What is Persona about..

Is it like detectives or a dating sim or...CHIBI grand theft auto.

I really dont know and im hopelessly confused...

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2009, 11:31:27 pm »
@Narunik
Its an off shoot of the Shin Megami Tensai series.  Starting with Persona 3, it started adding in slice of life and dating sim like elements to the RPG series.  Persona generally refers to the powers of the characters comes from their 2nd self, or persona. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persona

@Danayoki
That be awesome!! <3 Which outfit would you do?

I'm not sure if I just want to wear Yukari again with some improvement or make a Persona 4 cosplay.

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2009, 11:55:15 pm »
Bah, I dont feel like reading or watching..

What is Persona about..

Is it like detectives or a dating sim or...CHIBI grand theft auto.

I really dont know and im hopelessly confused...

...Like, it's not that hard to find a two sentence summary of what Persona is.  To add onto what Seraph said, it's a series of RPGs that are fairly dark (while still having a fair amount of light-hearted comic relief, of course...) and focus on different peoples' motivations, inner, err, persona, and issues they face in daily life (on top of having to beat up shadows that are killin' everyone).  Persona and the Persona 2 games are more standard RPG stuff, while Persona 3 and 4 include social links, which are like forming friendships based on the 21 (22?) different tarot arcana(arcanum?).  Your relationships and POWER OF THE HEART influence your ability to summon certain Personas and fight.  Personas are your FIGHTING SPIRIT things.  You could say it's like pokemon, but with a lot more gore and badassery and shooting yourself in the head.

Chibi grand theft auto...really...

Hmmm, I'm still mulling over the idea of Shadow Yukiko or Shadow Rise.  Like, no one recognizes gas station attendant, haha.  ...Also Aigis is very nearly a dream cosplay, but I'm not sure I'd be able to pull her off quite as well as the first two.  (Other than saying I need your halp.  I'm good at that.) ...And FeMC is pretty cool also.  Though I wouldn't want to cosplay her without actually playing the game first, and I need a psp for that D8

Just reminding people that as much as we love to speculate about P3P, MARK YOUR SPOILERS IF YOU HAVE ANY, like so:

And yes, this is a spoiler for P3P... And Persona 3 in general.  Regarding Shinjiro's character. 

You can form a social link with him... It's believed that FemC/Shinji is the most canon, because if you max it within a month, he lives. 

</End spoilers.>
lol peer pressure

Plans:

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2009, 11:57:12 pm »
I don't know about the first one, but Persona 2(both of them) are much darker then Persona 3 & 4.  Enough I stopped playing because it got too depressing.  Of course, an insanely hard boss didn't help matters...

@Serika
I thought of cosplaying Yukiko instead of Yukari next year.  Should make for some interesting pictures.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 11:58:17 pm by Seraph »

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2009, 12:22:00 am »
@Seraph: You were the Yukari who joined us in King's Game, right?  *awful memory* If you were, then... Hmm... If you still wanted to crossplay, you'd make a good... Hahaha, you could be Shadow Rise in her yellow bikini!  That'd make for some interesting pictures.  But seriously, of the girls, you might make a good Fuuka or Chihiro.  Or Yukiko in her kimono?  Of the guys, maybe a Kanji... Or an Ikutsuki, heehee. 
Speaking of King's Game, someone stole the chopstick that says 1 on it.  I have all the others, including the King's...but the 1 is gone for good, it seems. 

...maybe I should be goddess izanami.... That'd be a ridiculously easy (and cheap) Persona costume to make, so that I wouldn't be cancelling any current plans I have to costumes already. 8D (I have Sakuracon figured out, and I was kinda hoping to wear the same things for Kcon, so we'll see, I guess.)
lol peer pressure

Plans:

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2009, 12:39:16 am »
@Serika
Thats correct.
Haha, Shadow Rise is a tad too difficult to be practical =P
I likely do Yukiko as I already have a long black wig.  Though, wearing a kimono instead of the school uniform didn't occur to me.

Izanami would be interesting.  However, I haven't seen what she looks in the game so I have no idea what it looks like X_X

Offline Fachion-pari

• Chibi
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2009, 06:22:22 pm »
haha, I'd love to see you as Yukiko or Izanami!
My chie and I want to do the kimono versions, but we'd rather spend our money on more cosplays...>:
Kumoricon 2012!
Midori - Devil Survivor

Offline Salehthesage

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2009, 11:51:25 pm »
-Fashionable late entrance~

Hello ladies and gents.

I still know I definitely want to do another Persona cosplay, but I don't know if I want to do Teddie or what.

If it comes down to it, I'll wear Ken again [which I'll probably do anyway I'm just sayin though].

@Serika: I think the Shinji living[spoiler] thing is stupid because his death creates so much more story and plot and it develops Ken's character so much more. I'm not much of a supporter of p3p anymore.

Although.....Yukiko does make an appearance and a bathroom scene with Ken and some hand dryers would be quite amusing.
[spoiler]
« Last Edit: November 11, 2009, 09:15:37 am by Salehthesage »
KUMORICON 2011 COSPLAYS

Offline Red Spark

• Sailor Scout
    • Drawing Blog
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2009, 08:36:56 am »
Well, I figure if the last post was a fashionable late entrance, I oughta jump aboard here, too. : D 'Morning, everyone.

I know for next year, I'll probably wind-up cosplaying as a Persona character again. I may recycle (and try to improve upon) my Minato/MC cosplay, or I might try cosplaying as Naoto from Persona 4 if I give into the urge to do so.

...Maybe Ryoji, if I feel comfortable with my hair slicked back.
Conventions attended thus far:
Kumoricon 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010
Sakuracon 2008, 2009, 2011

Current cosplay plan: Shoma Takakura (Mawaru Penguindrum), Jonathan Ariga (Catherine), and...

...and...uh..? Hm...

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2009, 03:51:30 pm »
@Red Spark: You would make an awesome Ryoji!!  And think how awesome it would be to have a giant yellow scarf ohhhh man if you do ryoji, i'll be your aigis (you know, if you want one.)

Regarding (massive spoilers for *three games!* spoilers!!!) Shinjiro's death/living bit in Persona 3:FES you have the option to bring Chidori back to life.  And let's not forget Nanako's hospital scene in Persona 4.  At least with the last two games, they're really trying to do that whole resurrection idea as much as possible.  I'm not too surprised.  Plus, in Persona 3, Ken never actually killed Shinji.  What happened was that Takaya shot him, and Shinji OMGSAVED KENNN.  Ken was in disbelief that Shinji would ever try to save someone after "killing" his mom, and that's what caused the whole transformation thing.  The same effect could come from Shinji being hospitalized and being on the verge of death... In fact, Ken might even feel more responsible for putting Shinjiro in so much pain for his sake.  The growth of his character could still occur.  (Along with a newfound OMG I'LL KILL YOU TAKAYA I'LL MAKE YOU PAY)

More spoilers... Here's what Izanami looks like.  THIS IS A SPOILER.  (and also fanart because there are like no official pictures of her.) http://gelbooru.com/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=410329  (and just a fair warning, while this picture itself is safe, there's lots of hentai on this site.  So if you click on any of the tabs on the side, yeah.) The dress is basically a long, white sheet with no arm holes, and those little...crisscrossey kimono collar things going up her neck.
lol peer pressure

Plans:

Offline Red Spark

• Sailor Scout
    • Drawing Blog
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2009, 06:58:24 pm »
@Serika: Haha, well, the more I think about it, Ryoji seems like the easier route to go for me, and the scarf is a pretty tempting accessory. If I do commit to the idea, it'd be awesome to have an Aigis around.

Maybe I could figure out a quick and easy way to switch between Ryoji and Minato interchangably, or something, too.

Also, as far as discussion about Persona 3 Portable goes...does anyone else think that the FeMC/MShe's battle theme (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnK2E2TGpnU) is awesome? A lot of her tracks are pretty nice on the ears.

Current cosplay plan: Shoma Takakura (Mawaru Penguindrum), Jonathan Ariga (Catherine), and...

...and...uh..? Hm...

Offline Hekiru

• Cabbit
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2009, 11:05:49 pm »
@Serika: Haha, well, the more I think about it, Ryoji seems like the easier route to go for me, and the scarf is a pretty tempting accessory. If I do commit to the idea, it'd be awesome to have an Aigis around.

Maybe I could figure out a quick and easy way to switch between Ryoji and Minato interchangably, or something, too.

Also, as far as discussion about Persona 3 Portable goes...does anyone else think that the FeMC/MShe's battle theme (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnK2E2TGpnU) is awesome? A lot of her tracks are pretty nice on the ears.

Do itttt~! I've never seen a Ryoji cosplay but it'd be pretty spiffy if you did it. Oh and the Persona 3 Portable is really making me consider getting a PSP, I hope they release it here in the US.

Awww, no one liked the "Super Long Persona 4 comic" I hotlinked? :c
Kumoricon 2011 Cosplays:

Simon (pre-timeskip) - Gurren Lagann
Simon Brezhnev - Durarara!!

Offline Fachion-pari

• Chibi
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2009, 04:41:29 pm »

Oh, my god. I absolutely adore her battle theme! Wiping all out, was it? I've got it on repeat, and loving every minute of it.
Btw, you'd make an awesome Ryoji, too! If you were Minato and Ryoji, it'd be such a mindfuck, haha!
Kumoricon 2012!
Midori - Devil Survivor

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2009, 03:47:33 pm »
@Hekiru: Well, I've already read the first part, so I called my friend to tell him there was a second part (YOULIKERICE IS MY HOMIE or whatev) but I just didn't comment. XD;; Also there is one panel in the second part that makes me cry on the inside.  

edit: Oops, somehow this got posted before I was done!  To be honest, I really don't like most of FeMC's (...edit AGAIN, what the hell forums:) music.  It probably flows better in the actual game, but I'm going to really miss BABY BABY BABY BABY
« Last Edit: November 14, 2009, 03:48:57 pm by Serika »
lol peer pressure

Plans:

Offline Fachion-pari

• Chibi
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2009, 07:42:52 pm »
@Hekiru: Well, I've already read the first part, so I called my friend to tell him there was a second part (YOULIKERICE IS MY HOMIE or whatev) but I just didn't comment. XD;; Also there is one panel in the second part that makes me cry on the inside.  

edit: Oops, somehow this got posted before I was done!  To be honest, I really don't like most of FeMC's (...edit AGAIN, what the hell forums:) music.  It probably flows better in the actual game, but I'm going to really miss BABY BABY BABY BABY
I do admit that the Mass Destruction song is my favorite of like, the whole P3 game. Baby baby baby never gets old. ;D
Kumoricon 2012!
Midori - Devil Survivor

Offline Salehthesage

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2009, 10:43:28 pm »
lolchangeofplans.

I now have a big tempt to cosplay Ken from Persona 3.
Ken war! I call it.

I get to respond to a lot now.

FeMC's theme: It seems like a much different sound, at least the female vocal. It's a nice change, but I have an inside joke with "Baby baby baby" That will make me always love it the most~

@Redspark: Do Ryoji! That scarf will be awesome!

@Serika: To me, it always seemed like
Shinji would just not die or get shot or anything. And I was reading I thought it would mean Ken got shot instead .o.   But I don't know. Shinji's death was originally written in for a reason, so removing it seems....I don't know. Unnecessary and kind of pushing in "LOOK SOMETHING NEW NOW BUY THE GAME" Even with resurrecting Chidori..... I didn't know about that until now. And her sacrifice meant A LOT for Junpei and the game. [/spoiler]

EDIT: ha ha ha. i just found out FeMC
can only use spears. That sucks : <
« Last Edit: November 14, 2009, 11:07:58 pm by Salehthesage »
KUMORICON 2011 COSPLAYS

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2009, 01:56:21 pm »
@Saleh: Stop using red font.  Only use it for indicating SPOILERS (P3, P4, P3:FES, and P3P!): ...Errr, Chidori still died.  She just...came back to life later on.  Just like Nanako.  And just like it'll be the same for Shinji, perhaps a LITTLE BIT different.  RESEARCH THINGS DUDE But really, they'll most likely pull the same thing and then there will be a special moment with FeMC and Shinji in the hospital.  You just want him dead, you creep.  Also spears yuck those are my least favorite of any weapon
lol peer pressure

Plans:

Offline Fachion-pari

• Chibi
« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2009, 04:14:02 pm »
haha, the more I know about p3p, the less I like it.
So, how is everyone? :]
Kumoricon 2012!
Midori - Devil Survivor

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2009, 10:56:44 pm »
No!  Never say "how's it going" or anything similar in a thread!  That makes people not want to post for some unexplainable reason!  In fact, I really didn't want to post to say this!  If things are going slow, always ask some barely-related question to keep things on topic.  Like...let's see if this works...

Poll question because I somehow got a booth at Sakuracon: If you were buying Persona 3(!) magnets of Yukari, would you buy SEES Yukari, Maid Yukari, or High-cut Yukari?  Or what combination of them?  (They'd be around $2-3 each, like my P4 ones were at Kumoricon.  I'm thinking I might become 'that magnet girl' or something...)

Also planning some super cool Persona posters. 8D I want to use the whole P3 party with a Tartarus background, but I'm not sure how I'm going to squeeze the entire cast (plus FeMC and for some reason Metis of course...) into 11x17...
lol peer pressure

Plans:

Offline Fachion-pari

• Chibi
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2009, 05:50:51 pm »
No!  Never say "how's it going" or anything similar in a thread!  That makes people not want to post for some unexplainable reason!  In fact, I really didn't want to post to say this!  If things are going slow, always ask some barely-related question to keep things on topic.  Like...let's see if this works...

Poll question because I somehow got a booth at Sakuracon: If you were buying Persona 3(!) magnets of Yukari, would you buy SEES Yukari, Maid Yukari, or High-cut Yukari?  Or what combination of them?  (They'd be around $2-3 each, like my P4 ones were at Kumoricon.  I'm thinking I might become 'that magnet girl' or something...)

Also planning some super cool Persona posters. 8D I want to use the whole P3 party with a Tartarus background, but I'm not sure how I'm going to squeeze the entire cast (plus FeMC and for some reason Metis of course...) into 11x17...
haha, I noticed nobody likes posting when someone asks what's up...xD;
Because I'm not a big fan of Yukari, (I like her somewhat, but not my favorite character...) I'd probably only buy the regular and high cut, or just the high cut? But because I love your magnets, who knows how much I'd actully buy! Oh, the poster sounds wonderful! Maybe getting all the characters on different levels of the background? I'm not an artist, so I don't know how to word anything artistic, sorry...

But to change the subject, I plan on getting my shadow Yukiko cosplay commisioned soon! Yay!
Kumoricon 2012!
Midori - Devil Survivor

Offline Red Spark

• Sailor Scout
    • Drawing Blog
« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2009, 07:42:23 pm »
Yay, now it's time to replllyyyyyy...because now it won't seem weird for me to do soooo...

@Falcion-pari, two posts back: : D I'm doing fine, thank you. Just tied down with assignments for my drawing class. @_@

@Serika: I'd go for a SEES Yukari, if only for the default outfit being more iconic of P3 for me. How big are the magnets, anyway? I didn't get a look at your table at Kumoricon, so I'm a little out of the loop. >_>

As of late, my mind occasionally jumps back to the rounds of King's Game the Persona cosplayers played at Kumoricon, and I wonder how "Ken + King" equaled "MC + Yosuke".

...and...uh..? Hm...

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2009, 11:14:45 pm »
@Princess Yukiko: Oooh!  I'm sooo jealous!  You'll have to let me try it on just once when I'm at your house.  Make sure your commissioner doesn't use yucky fabric!  SHINY IS BAD IF YOU CAN AFFORD IT.  DON'T GET CHEAP SHINY.  ...anyways. youshouldacommissionedmeeeeee

@Red Spark: (Errrr, extremely vague spoilers for a P4 character... I guess?  Though I think that by this point most of us have beaten it.  But still.) I took this beautiful picture for you, showing the smallest (Ameno-Sagiri), the largest (Shadow Yukiko) and the average size (MC) http://img21.imageshack.us/i/persona4magnets.jpg/ SO APPRECIATE IT. 
lol peer pressure

Plans:

Offline Red Spark

• Sailor Scout
    • Drawing Blog
« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2009, 07:50:39 am »
APPRECIATION COMMENCING! Thanks, that helps put things into perspective for me.

...and...uh..? Hm...

Offline Fachion-pari

• Chibi
« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2009, 03:55:16 pm »
@Princess Yukiko: Oooh!  I'm sooo jealous!  You'll have to let me try it on just once when I'm at your house.  Make sure your commissioner doesn't use yucky fabric!  SHINY IS BAD IF YOU CAN AFFORD IT.  DON'T GET CHEAP SHINY.  ...anyways. youshouldacommissionedmeeeeee

@Red Spark: (Errrr, extremely vague spoilers for a P4 character... I guess?  Though I think that by this point most of us have beaten it.  But still.) I took this beautiful picture for you, showing the smallest (Ameno-Sagiri), the largest (Shadow Yukiko) and the average size (MC) http://img21.imageshack.us/i/persona4magnets.jpg/ SO APPRECIATE IT. 
Haha, I keep hearing shiny is bad, so no shiny at all, I guess? Would it be ok on the white around the arms/shoulders? I just might say no shiny material. xD; And hopefully that'd be cheaper. And duh, you definately get to try on the dress!
Hey, if you know what you're doing, maybe I could commision you! It sounds to me you know a lot about making cosplay. :] And I've seen your works, so yeah!
@ Red spark: It sounds to me like you're a good artist if you have that much work! : )
Kumoricon 2012!
Midori - Devil Survivor

Offline Salehthesage

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2009, 06:37:41 pm »
I wonder how "Ken + King" equaled "MC + Yosuke".
Don't question Ken's powers.
He might be king again...
and he might make worst commands this time!
and talk in third person!

I can't wait to see Shadow Yukiko! Is anyone else doing shadow forms? [this question is kind of aimed at Serika because I want to know if she's still doing shadow rise but others answer too!]
KUMORICON 2011 COSPLAYS

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #34 on: November 20, 2009, 08:07:11 pm »
@Red Spark: No problem!

@Fachion-pari: Shiny gloves might be okay in general, but since then you'd need to get the rest of her dress the same color, I'm going to have to say no, probably.  If it has a little bit of sheen to it, that MIGHT work, as she is a fancy princess.  For the thing in the middle holding the dress up, I see that being a more thin, white flowy fabric layered over a few times.  Maybe it could be a little shiny... It depends how much you're willing to spend, honestly. 8D;;(I think I said this in another thread here, but bridal/formal satin is much, much better than costume satin.  It might look a little strange with the design on her dress, though.)  ohhh, commission me ;o; I can't make it until after the new year, but I could probably (like 85%) have it done for Sakuracon.  Especially if you're still planning to come down here for shopping or something, I could get your measurements and make a dressform. 8D

@Salehthesage: Hmm... I'm making Arietta and white gown Izanami (and potentially shadow yukiko, wink wink) for Sakuracon.  So... Probably not before then.  I might make it for Fanime, and then if you REALLY wanted to see it I could probably wear it to Kumoricon for part of the day.  Of course, this is looking sorta low on my scale, though that'll change immediately if I happen to be fabric shopping and I see the perfect stuff.  I may or may not have already planned out patterns for this... (Then, I do that with every other character I want to cosplay even slightly, so that's not saying so much)
lol peer pressure

Plans:

Offline Fachion-pari

• Chibi
« Reply #35 on: November 22, 2009, 08:02:46 pm »
@Red Spark: No problem!

@Fachion-pari: Shiny gloves might be okay in general, but since then you'd need to get the rest of her dress the same color, I'm going to have to say no, probably.  If it has a little bit of sheen to it, that MIGHT work, as she is a fancy princess.  For the thing in the middle holding the dress up, I see that being a more thin, white flowy fabric layered over a few times.  Maybe it could be a little shiny... It depends how much you're willing to spend, honestly. 8D;;(I think I said this in another thread here, but bridal/formal satin is much, much better than costume satin.  It might look a little strange with the design on her dress, though.)  ohhh, commission me ;o; I can't make it until after the new year, but I could probably (like 85%) have it done for Sakuracon.  Especially if you're still planning to come down here for shopping or something, I could get your measurements and make a dressform. 8D

@Salehthesage: Hmm... I'm making Arietta and white gown Izanami (and potentially shadow yukiko, wink wink) for Sakuracon.  So... Probably not before then.  I might make it for Fanime, and then if you REALLY wanted to see it I could probably wear it to Kumoricon for part of the day.  Of course, this is looking sorta low on my scale, though that'll change immediately if I happen to be fabric shopping and I see the perfect stuff.  I may or may not have already planned out patterns for this... (Then, I do that with every other character I want to cosplay even slightly, so that's not saying so much)
The cost of the dress is what worries me the most. I think I might have someone making the dress, but if they don't make the confirmation, then I might not do the costume at all, unless you really were up to it. Plus, I still have to commission my chrome cosplay for Reborn. But I do have confidence you'd do a great job, if you still wanted to make the costume! :]
Kumoricon 2012!
Midori - Devil Survivor

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2009, 10:58:00 pm »
@Fachion-pari
I'm working on a big dress similar to Shadow Yukiko and I needed like 5-6 or so yards of fabric thats 58 inches wide.  Not a exact amount that you will need as I did end up with some extra(which I intended).  I ended up going with the dull bridal satin from this website http://www.syfabrics.com/Browse.aspx/Dull-Bridal-Satin-Lamour-Satin--peau-di-soie-/235

@Serika
Being that I cosplayed Yukari...all 3 of them? X_X  Honestly, I think I go with SEES and Maid Yukari personally.

I'll be looking into making Yukiko for next year presuming I have the extra funds.

Offline KHking

• Catgirl
« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2009, 01:31:10 pm »
"Persona!" BAM
    I love these games!!!!!! I wanna try doing the main charecter of P3

Save Caprica!!

Offline Fachion-pari

• Chibi
« Reply #38 on: November 25, 2009, 07:21:25 pm »
"Persona!" BAM
    I love these games!!!!!! I wanna try doing the main charecter of P3
You should! :] We love more cosplayers for Persona in general!
Kumoricon 2012!
Midori - Devil Survivor

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #39 on: November 26, 2009, 02:14:45 am »
@Fachion-pari
I'm working on a big dress similar to Shadow Yukiko and I needed like 5-6 or so yards of fabric thats 58 inches wide.  Not a exact amount that you will need as I did end up with some extra(which I intended).  I ended up going with the dull bridal satin from this website http://www.syfabrics.com/Browse.aspx/Dull-Bridal-Satin-Lamour-Satin--peau-di-soie-/235

@Serika
Being that I cosplayed Yukari...all 3 of them? X_X  Honestly, I think I go with SEES and Maid Yukari personally.

I'll be looking into making Yukiko for next year presuming I have the extra funds.
Does the dress you're doing have all that stupid ruching in on the top layer?  If not, and if you needed 5 yards for yours, then for Shadow Yukiko I'd estimate around 3 yards for the skirt, 5 yards for the top and gloves, and half a yard (to a yard, depending on how full you want it) of the white bits.  The ruching is the biggest part.  ...I think. 

Okay, thanks for all the input!  It's very helpful for me.  Of everyone I've asked, Maid Yukari's the most popular. o_o;; So I'll make her SEES and Maid outfits.  For the other girls, I'm thinking a school uniform and a regular version for Aigis, but what about Mitsuru and Fuuka?  (Obviously Fuuka doesn't have a lot of fans so sadly she'll probably only get the SEES outfit, but Mitsuru's fairly popular...) Also FeMC... Should she be getting another outfit? 
lol peer pressure

Plans:

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #40 on: November 26, 2009, 04:52:40 am »
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v476/Kurimono/Marianne-1.jpg  < This is the dress I've been working on.
I've used McCall's 4090 for the skirt and for 60" inch wide, it asked for 4 yards of fabric(for just the skirt) for the size 18 I went with.  I also got a hoop skirt from Angel's Bridal on ebay as well.
All of that I got from TR's Rockin's cosplay journal of her Princess Peach cosplay.
http://www.trsrockin.com/peach_guide.html

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #41 on: November 27, 2009, 02:58:16 am »
Wow, you had EXTRA from that?  I'm in shock. 

This makes me wonder how much white I'll need for goddess izanami... NOT THAT I HAVE ANY MONEY BECAUSE NO PLACE WANTS TO HIRE ME WHIIIINE.  (Though her, dress is so simple, I'll probably only need to spend $40 total if i can budget and find a good cheap wig... Sigh.  Sometimes I hate cosplay.)
lol peer pressure

Plans:

Offline Valkie

• Cabbit
« Reply #42 on: November 27, 2009, 10:04:21 pm »
Hey everyone! I'll most likely be doing a Persona cosplay next year. Currently considering Elizabeth, Aigis and Naoto, although it sounds like some of you might be doing Aigis and Naoto, so I'm leaning Elizabeth. Not to mention it'd be a blast to act in-character as her...ahaha.

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #43 on: November 28, 2009, 08:59:13 pm »
Just ordered my Izanami wig!  I would have liked to get something under $30, and including shipping it was...$29.50. |D I'll just have to figure out what I'm doing for fabric... *wants to get high quality stuff, but now has exactly $32... and needs to buy supplies for S-con AA ;o;...so it'll probably just be boring, cheapish white cotton* COUGH UNLESS ANY OF YOU HAVE A TON OF NICE WHITE FABRIC YOU'D LIKE TO DONATE.  I'm short, 2 yards could do the trick maybe!  ...cough.

@Valkie: Oooh, you should totally be Elizabeth!  We can always use the ORIGINAL sibling. *crosses arms defiantly* But yeah, I've seen some really nice Elizabeths and I'm a little intimidated by the circles on her dress... BUT I COULD LIVE VICARIOUSLY THROUGH YOU
lol peer pressure

Plans:

Offline Fachion-pari

• Chibi
« Reply #44 on: November 29, 2009, 06:52:51 pm »
Because I am so slow, I just figured out we have one of those Puri Kuri booths across the street from Sakuracon! I'd love it if we could all try and do a few rounds of it, since you can doodle and what not with it. :]
@Serika: D: I hope you can get some more fabric! I'd send you some, but I wouldn't know what kind, and plus I just spent all my money on black friday...orz;;
@Valkie: Elizabethhhh! We'd love to have you around, and plus, I love Elizabeth so much! (Chie might have to watch out, Princess Yukiko might try and score a hot stud..ette?)
Kumoricon 2012!
Midori - Devil Survivor

Offline Salehthesage

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #45 on: November 29, 2009, 07:44:57 pm »
(Chie might have to watch out, Princess Yukiko might try and score a hot stud..ette?)
Ken is your one and only hot stud babbbyyyyyy~~~

Anyway. Cough cough.

I'll probably always wear Ken at least once, but I don't know about Teddie anymore. My mom won't allow Alice Teddie and I don't know if I could do human Teddie. And....well normal Teddie would be ridiculously difficult [not to mention sweaty, like in a mascot costume ;o;].
KUMORICON 2011 COSPLAYS

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #46 on: November 30, 2009, 10:37:43 pm »
@Salehthesage: It would be so, so easy to disguise Alice!Teddie from your mom, dude

I am 100% committed to help if you should choose such fine attire.
lol peer pressure

Plans:

Offline Fachion-pari

• Chibi
« Reply #47 on: December 02, 2009, 05:52:58 pm »
(Chie might have to watch out, Princess Yukiko might try and score a hot stud..ette?)
Ken is your one and only hot stud babbbyyyyyy~~~

Anyway. Cough cough.

I'll probably always wear Ken at least once, but I don't know about Teddie anymore. My mom won't allow Alice Teddie and I don't know if I could do human Teddie. And....well normal Teddie would be ridiculously difficult [not to mention sweaty, like in a mascot costume ;o;].
I fully support Serika! I'd help out somehow as well! I do adore men in drag. 8) Plus, a blonde wig should be fairly cheap depending on what kind you want.
that aside, why can't there be more Conventions in our area(s)? I guess therer are plenty here, but I can never make them. orz;; btw, I think I'm going through a con withdrawal? Why so early, damnit! I seriously miss you guys. );
Kumoricon 2012!
Midori - Devil Survivor

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #48 on: December 02, 2009, 06:54:18 pm »
We already have a crossplayer in here already =P

Speaking of which, the Yanki!Souji(not sure what else to call it) did cross my mind X_X
« Last Edit: December 04, 2009, 12:05:00 am by Seraph »

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #49 on: December 03, 2009, 08:49:07 pm »
Omg you guys

Should pose together as Yukiko and AliceTeddie

And we will take lots of pictures, and you will both be hit in by every girl at the con ever. 

GLAMOR PHOTOS!!!
lol peer pressure

Plans: