Author Topic: Need suggestions for Senior Project ^^ Please!  (Read 1617 times)

Offline VampireFangs103

• Catgirl
Need suggestions for Senior Project ^^ Please!
« on: November 02, 2009, 04:14:17 pm »
Alright. So it's a requirement to do a big Senior Project to graduate. Many of you have probably done SSE before. Well, my senior project is going to be based after teacher, and I will be teaching a fourth grade class about Japanese culture and language. Just basic things, like school life, food, how to write their names, some random facts. We might do  some origami and stuff. I might teach a bit about holiday traditions and stuff. Anyways, I wanted to know if anyone had any suggestions. Perhaps ideas for some fun activities to do that would make the lessons more fun? Any ideas about something specific to teach about? Perhaps suggestions for movie or anime clips to show that would demonstrate culture? Just keep in mind that these are fourth graders. ^^; Anything you can think of! Help me out here. =D I need to have my lesson plan done by the end of November. ^^ Thanks!
« Last Edit: November 02, 2009, 04:18:48 pm by VampireFangs103 »

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
Re: Need suggestions for Senior Project ^^ Please!
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2009, 05:50:23 pm »
games that Japanese 4th graders play in the school yard?

what school is like in 4th grade? sweep and mop and empty the trash and recycling after class kind of stuff.

Living with Godzilla, and loving it? lol

How anime is aimed at improving kids kind of like Sesame Street is here? Provide examples of how model Japanese kids behave? Like not to run away from problems, to be ethical and moral, to become stronger to protect the ones you love and care about, (family and friends), ummm...

Similarities of geography between Japan and Oregon, volcanoes, lava and the ocean etc.

Have Fun

Jay

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2009, 07:58:18 pm »
Pocky.
and.....uh..... :P

Seriously though if you do a thing on Japanese food and you don't want to give mocci as an example of dessert, Pocky would work. The best thing is that the kids can see it on the shelves of the local supermarkets.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2009, 08:12:45 pm »
^ The above was a paid product endorsement. lol
Have Fun

Jay

Offline KogaRyu

• Catgirl
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2009, 09:15:08 pm »
Do it on Where does rain come from. This has bothered me for years.
Team Koga