Author Topic: The Next "Chibi" Project - Your TARGET List!  (Read 5938 times)

Offline Prinz Eugen

• Bunnygirl
The Next "Chibi" Project - Your TARGET List!
« on: October 26, 2009, 07:31:12 pm »

This may take a few more years, and I may be running against the clock (or calendar) of political change, but I HAVE been rumored to be saving up for a new TOY for a revisit of the same theme as this AMV.

That AMV briefly showed a 1939 Finnish Lahti (20mm) - it's the one mounted on skis so it can be dragged around in snow. Those are historical collectibles and even if you get your hands on one, the ammo - if you can get your hands on that - is gonna be about 70 years old. Not the kind of gunpowder I prefer to trust, especially in a round that's about 120 times more powerful than a Colt .45ACP, and about 4x more powerful than the .50BMG used in the AMV above.

Not to mention way more expensive: "live" rounds for the Lahti are about $65 each when I last checked.
.50BMG go for about $3 -  $5, but I stocked up before O-bumble's election so I'm good for a while.

Anyways, I'm considering finagling a way to borrow or use one of these. Ammo is about $8 - $10 for inert rounds. "Interesting" rounds come with a $200 tax plus gobs of paperwork per round, and you need an ATF-approved magazine (no, not the kind you read) to store them. A little outta my league so far. But inert rounds still deliver a wallop at 65,600 foot pounds of energy. Definitely good for a headache.

So NOW, on to the REST of the thread. The purpose of the original Chibi Things AMV was a royal SMACKDOWN of certain ubercute, cloying annoying characters in anime, especially those that:

- Talk in high pitched yips, chirps, and whistle tones, which are somehow understood
   by at least one character, who now has to translate for the rest of the party.

- Delays or diverts progress of the main plot by being helpless, needing to be fed, or
  other special regularly-scheduled, inconvenient maintenance. Competent characters
  have to stop what they're doing and tend to it.

- It mooches off the party or other main characters, and like a cat seems to just  expect
  this situation to go on forever. It whines or mewls when it's not the center of attention.

- Are diminuitive and often get picked up and held by a girl character who's got a great
  rack, thus obscuring the view. Or by monopolizing the attention of such a girl, make
  her unavailable for more mature relationships with some of the 'real' guys in the crew.
  (Example: Groove Adventure Rave)

- The Jar-Jar Binks effect: You see it and KNOW it simply has to DIE.

SO - feel free to modify, expand, or refine the definition, and let's get going on the

OFFICIAL PROJECT SEQUEL TARGET LIST!

Rule #1: No human characters as targets. Critters only.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2009, 08:36:18 pm by Prinz Eugen »

Offline Prinz Eugen

• Bunnygirl
Re: The Next "Chibi" Project - Your TARGET List!
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2009, 08:14:08 pm »
Here I go:

Haru - (from Gundam) the red blob. Never even watched the show, but I just know it's due.
Nomad - (Galaxy Angels) Maybe Vanilla H might grow up a bit into a cool, enigmatic tsun-type like Nagato Yuki - if someone took that thing away from her and destroyed it.
The little dinosaur-looking thing in Digimon.
O-whatza-maru in Ninja Nonsense. The guy's got quite the potty-mouth, and it'd do a little good to 'clean up' the series.
The floppy-eared rabbit-pet-thing in Bounen no Xam'd.
Speaking of rabbits, the one in Pani Poni Dash is a snivelling little wimp - therefore a perfect TARGET.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 10:07:21 am by Prinz Eugen »

Offline somanyturtles

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2009, 02:55:49 am »
It's actually Haro and he was originaly green... but anyway to add to the list.

The red rabbit like thing ( Chobits) It somehow carried the story line and made Chi remember things but it was so annoying!
Ririn (Bleach) Little annoying bird! Drop a round right between her eyes for me please!
Shippo[ (Inuyasha) USELESS USELESS USELESS!
As much as i hate to put it on the list because it's the general reason for my name Tama (Love Hina)

I'd also like to vote that we make a 3rd video using a gun with less expensive ammunition (M4 Carbine or AK-47) and blow away every Pokemon.

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2009, 09:24:08 am »
Just taking a moment to giggle at the Jar-Jar Binks reference and to marvel at your astonishingly detailed knowledge of artillery and arsenals in general.

Er...not anime but I always wanted to shoot the evil monkey minions of the Wicked Witch of the West. My daddy just told me this year: Apparently the first time he tried to take me to The Wizard of Oz, I had just turned 4, and I was fine through the whole black & white tornado sequences, but as soon as I could see the green face on TWWotW, I stood up, firmly proclaimed to Daddy, "I'm going home now," and headed out down the aisle.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 09:26:16 am by RemSaverem »
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline Prinz Eugen

• Bunnygirl
Wiz Movie
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2009, 12:31:10 pm »
Quote from: RemSaverem
Apparently the first time he tried to take me to The Wizard of Oz, I had just turned 4, and I was fine through the whole black & white tornado sequences, but as soon as I could see the green face on TWWotW, I stood up, firmly proclaimed to Daddy, "I'm going home now," and headed out down the aisle.
OT for a sec, but the first time I saw 'Oz' I didn't know what a 'tornado' was (they don't happen much where I grew up) and so I thought I was seeing the neck of some sky-high dinosaur thing, whose lightning-emitting head hung above, veiled in clouds, and whose body moved under the earth, destroying stuff from below ground.
Scared the CRAP out of me.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 12:33:23 pm by Prinz Eugen »

Offline murder_of_raven

• Chibi
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2009, 01:45:54 pm »
Not sure if this is what you have in mind but Donald and Goofy had the "annoying mascot characters" all over them in KH2. And the Prinnies in Disgaea always make me shutter. I'll keep an eye out for other suggestions...

Offline Prinz Eugen

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2009, 02:01:33 pm »
Quote from: somanyturtles
The red rabbit like thing ( Chobits) It somehow carried the story line and made Chi remember things but it was so annoying!
If you're thinking of 'Atashi,' we already nailed it in the first project. That one was one of the weirdest, because (since shockwaves travel faster through solid than air) the blast front whipped through its ears and blew them laterally outwards - causing the flamefront to follow the EXTENDED ears into an uncanny, cross-shaped blast:

...which prompted the obligatory round of Eva jokes...

Quote from: murder_of_raven
Not sure if this is what you have in mind but Donald and Goofy had the "annoying mascot characters" all over them in KH2. And the Prinnies in Disgaea always make me shutter. I'll keep an eye out for other suggestions...
Very cool! 'Prinnies' definitely look like 'downrange' material, and JUST THINK of the blend of legally mixed UNSTABLE chemical compounds you could stuff into that handy, forward-facing belt-pouch!
Donald and Goofy might be difficult because we don't want to portray that we're expanding beyond anime, so the trick could be a scene where it's understood that we're 'cleaning' the anime by 'removing' the Disney contamination.
(But when we did the original Chibi vs M2 we *did* nail a Mickey Mouse plushie ... and just like Atashi we got a 'mouse ears' shaped vapour cloud. See below:)

It didn't make the final cut but we did a few extras and selected the best 11 for that famous chunk of the 1812.
(Sixteen cannon charges are used in the whole musical work.)
« Last Edit: November 08, 2009, 02:15:13 pm by Prinz Eugen »

Offline somanyturtles

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2009, 04:08:35 pm »
That was who i meant so thanks for that. He/She/it totally diserved it.

Offline camname21

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
Re: Wiz Movie
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2009, 09:56:17 pm »
Quote from: RemSaverem
Apparently the first time he tried to take me to The Wizard of Oz, I had just turned 4, and I was fine through the whole black & white tornado sequences, but as soon as I could see the green face on TWWotW, I stood up, firmly proclaimed to Daddy, "I'm going home now," and headed out down the aisle.
OT for a sec, but the first time I saw 'Oz' I didn't know what a 'tornado' was (they don't happen much where I grew up) and so I thought I was seeing the neck of some sky-high dinosaur thing, whose lightning-emitting head hung above, veiled in clouds, and whose body moved under the earth, destroying stuff from below ground.
Scared the CRAP out of me.

5-10min while watching some japanese show on keyholetv, enjoy.  I hope to give you nightmares the likes you've never had with that picture!!

Offline Mitsukai Mizu Amaya

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2009, 09:17:51 pm »
Let's see...
Moogle(FF series), Moomba(FFVIII), Chocobo(FF), Cactuar(FFX), Akamaru(Naruto), Nekozawa's cat thing(OHSHC), that damn penguin(Evangelion), and Relena's teddy bear(Gundam Wing)?
KumoriCon 2012

Offline somanyturtles

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2009, 10:14:51 pm »
NO! NOT PEN PEN! He's not annoying at all, he just chills in the background! 

Offline Prinz Eugen

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2009, 02:28:07 pm »
I got the 'booby prize' in one of those Secret Santa things.
It's a DOMO-kun. Otherwise known as a TARGET:

That's .50cal on the right and 20mm on the left, for scale.

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2009, 07:15:02 pm »

so....twilight figures would be out of the pic? They arent human per say, but vampires...
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline Prinz Eugen

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2009, 10:04:52 pm »
Quote from: superjaz
Quote from: Prinz Eugen
so....twilight figures would be out of the pic? They arent human per say, but vampires...

I'm no fan of Twilight - and I live about 8 minutes away from the 'town' they used: St. Helens, OR.
But this is an 'anime critter' project, and maybe a few anime-wannabe things, like Transformers.
Also I don't want any possible connection with the footage I end up creating and any attempt to claim that the video encourages any shooting at 'real people' - including the real-world actors who portray the Twilight characters.

So - anime critters only.

Incidentally, Rule #2 is: No metal in any targets which contain explosives.