Author Topic: Unofficial Walk-On Planning Thread~  (Read 6186 times)

Offline nekovamp13

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • DeviantART
Unofficial Walk-On Planning Thread~
« on: January 07, 2011, 02:59:40 am »
There are many people who post here talking about what they want to do for skits and all that planning. But there is no where to plan for those people who are just planning to do Walk-ons and show off their hard work!

So now, here it is!

Go a head and tell us what you're planning on entering!

You can even get advice for if you should make a certain item or just buy it. Or what poses you should do on stage. Or what music to use.

People don't think it's hard to do just a simple walk-on, but there is a lot of planning that can and should go into it. This is your only chance to make an impression on the audience to show the best qualities of your cosplay. And especially since there might be an Audience Vote this year, it's even more important to look your best!

So plan away!!!
~Sakuracon/Kumoricon 2014~
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Ice King (Adventure Time)
Beetlejuice (Animated Series)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

https://www.facebook.com/smilingmooncosplay

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
Re: Unofficial Walk-On Planning Thread~
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2011, 07:59:30 pm »
I have thought about entering my Cassandra costume as a walk on off and on. But I have no idea what I would have to do for that and the such. If anyone could offer up some advice from previous experiences that would be coo'.
WHY DO THE FORUMS SUCK SO BAD?

~2012 cosplay mofos~
Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim, Miria Harvent- Baccano!, Filia- Skullgirls, Milk- Pop'n Music

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2011, 08:02:04 pm »
I have thought about entering my Cassandra costume as a walk on off and on. But I have no idea what I would have to do for that and the such. If anyone could offer up some advice from previous experiences that would be coo'.
Pick badass music
Pose like a badass

Also I'm 99% sure that Haley and I will be entering this year again, with two other people, as some characters from Umineko. I already have our blocking in mind hahaha.
Also I gotta decide what music to use, I'm thinking part of either the OP or the ED, something really intense.
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

oslapedo

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2011, 08:10:27 pm »
NIKKI THAT WOULD BE SO COOL. Just pick some music from the game or something and do one of her fighting stances, hnnnnnnnng.

If I do a good job on Mimiru it'd be fun to walk on for that as Obsession plays in the background.

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2011, 09:48:15 am »
How much time do you have to invest in it though? I don't want to waste an entire day of con just for doing a walk on.

@Katie- YAMI WO KIRISAKU, OH DESIREEEEEEEEE
WHY DO THE FORUMS SUCK SO BAD?

~2012 cosplay mofos~
Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim, Miria Harvent- Baccano!, Filia- Skullgirls, Milk- Pop'n Music

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2011, 06:28:57 pm »
Well last year this is how it went for me:

Saturday night- contest pre-meet, it took a while but there were bros everywhere.
Sunday morning- Walk-on practice, about 20 minutes to half an hour
Sunday afternoon- Costume judging
Sunday late afternoon/evening- dat contest

So it took up Sunday, but I still had several hour-long breaks between everything. The judging time depends on what time they assign you, and Haley and I got to everything at least 20 minutes early or so because we were paranoid.
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline nekovamp13

• DeviantART
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2011, 01:23:27 am »
KinkyFriedChicken, FateChooseMe, Taikei and I are doing a group as Oogie Boogie, Shock, Barrel and Lock from The Nightmare Before Christmas ^^

Not sure which song we'll have play yet...Maybe a combination of both "Kidnap Mr. Sandy Claws" and "Oogie Boogie's song"
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

Offline lover-of-the-pepsi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2011, 11:03:06 am »
KinkyFriedChicken, FateChooseMe, Taikei and I are doing a group as Oogie Boogie, Shock, Barrel and Lock from The Nightmare Before Christmas ^^

Not sure which song we'll have play yet...Maybe a combination of both "Kidnap Mr. Sandy Claws" and "Oogie Boogie's song"

Please give my thanks to KinkyFriedChicken, that forum name just made my day year  ;D
« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 11:03:52 am by lover-of-the-pepsi »
"A friend is someone who will help you move. A best friend is someone who will help you move a body" -Unknown

Offline nekovamp13

• DeviantART
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2011, 11:10:54 pm »
lol
I'll tell her XD

You guys think we should have our props with us? Mainly it's gonna be weapons that they use...
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

Offline Runa

• Catgirl
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2011, 09:39:21 am »
Don't forget that a walk-on is very short - less than 30 seconds. It literally is walk on stage; pose; walk off. Anything more than that and you're creating a skit (skits are UP TO 5 minutes long, which means they can be as short as only a few seconds/ just one joke...).  So music really isn't necessary.

The actual walking on stage / posing is NOT judged during a walk on. The judging happens during the costume judging.
Only skits are judged for the on stage activities (since that is their purpose).

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2011, 07:02:59 pm »
Even so, a silent walk-on is kind of boring for the audience :/

I've been toying around with doing a walk-on myself... But, like another who said, I'm wondering how much of the con it eats up since there are other events I'd like to see. But the few hour breaks in-between sounds nice :D
Dreaming is easy, dreamwalking is hard.
Kumori'15
Kanata (Trinity Universe)

Offline Mitsukai Mizu Amaya

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2011, 12:20:09 am »
Well, if I can get Eve done (from Parasite Eve: http://www.creativeuncut.com/gallery-01/art/pe-eve2.jpg) and can't figure out a skit that includes her, I was thinking of editing a short thirty seconds of this song she sings (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVGuq5WwUac), walking on, and pretending to sing it while posing. n.n
KumoriCon 2012

Offline Chromophobic

• Catgirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2011, 03:49:42 pm »
I am, hopefully, planning on doing a Walk-on with my friend cosplaying as Miku and Kaito (Cantarella Ver.)

I'm thinking of hopefully having Cantarella playing while we walk on. That's just my idea.....

Offline Runa

• Catgirl
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2011, 02:19:07 pm »
Rules and sign up form are posted   http://www.kumoricon.org/contests  is the url.
Oh, and remember: the costume judging in the cosplay contest is for anime, japanese game, or japanese costumes.

Offline nekovamp13

• DeviantART
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2011, 03:20:27 pm »
Quickly wondering. my group and I are planning on doing Gijinkas of Pokemon. B/c they're original designs, does it still work?
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)