Author Topic: Getting in shape for con season 2010  (Read 132641 times)

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
Re: Getting in shape for con season 2010
« Reply #100 on: November 27, 2009, 10:59:20 pm »
I haven't changed jean sizes since I was in Middle School >: And whenever I go to the store it's the size of jeans that is always out. My waist has shrunk over the years but...my thigh-tastic legs haven't. So I always have to wear jeans with a belt now.

In other news I hate my roomie because he took the key to the workout room with him to CENTRAL OREGON. Stupid.
WHY DO THE FORUMS SUCK SO BAD?

~2012 cosplay mofos~
Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim, Miria Harvent- Baccano!, Filia- Skullgirls, Milk- Pop'n Music

Offline soundninja12

• Bunnygirl
    • ILOVEYOUGUYSSOMUCH
« Reply #101 on: November 27, 2009, 11:48:26 pm »
EDIT:
It really is ^^
I'm ready to dispose of my ol' jeans.

I barely, BARELY fit in to the largest size of PacSun jeans last year... now I fit in to an even smaller one.
Thank gods.
NOTE: PacSun is like the place where skinny butt heads shop O.O

@ Nikki,
want me to track him down and mail it to ya, express mail x3
Next con: Kumoricon
Make sure to pop in to the Tiptoe Through the TARDIS panel this year.
It is going to be...

Offline Trumby

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #102 on: November 28, 2009, 12:09:18 am »

In other news I hate my roomie because he took the key to the workout room with him to CENTRAL OREGON. Stupid.
GOOD JOB JOSH.
2011 New Cosplay Plans: Boba Fett, Hoshi (Arakawa Under the Bridge), Malcolm Reynolds

Offline camname21

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #103 on: November 28, 2009, 01:38:32 am »
I'm ready to dispose of my ol' jeans.
Belts?

Bust it open! Okay maybe not, we don't need any door repair bills now do we  ^^

Offline NightLotus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #104 on: December 09, 2009, 08:35:22 am »
I haven't changed jean sizes since I was in Middle School >: And whenever I go to the store it's the size of jeans that is always out. My waist has shrunk over the years but...my thigh-tastic legs haven't. So I always have to wear jeans with a belt now.
I'm the same way! ;;>_> but now i get to use fun belts :D

Offline Kurohime

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #105 on: December 09, 2009, 06:39:57 pm »
Careful with canned tuna- you can get mercury poisoning if you eat a lot of it, since it's a long-lived deep-sea fish.  I think (but can't swear) that Albacore doesn't have as much of it. 

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #106 on: December 09, 2009, 06:53:00 pm »
So I've officially lost about 3-4 pounds around my middle.

But I've gained about 1 in my butt or so. My jeans.... they don't love me anymore. DX

But hey as long as I'm slimming down somehow.
da/tumblr
Pull the trigger, pull the trigger, pull the trigger. BOOM

Offline Sutie

• Chibi
« Reply #107 on: December 09, 2009, 08:45:09 pm »
Alright so I have been calorie counting because I figured if I cut at least 500 a day I will loose 20lbs by Sakuracon! This week I've done well. Cutting about 700 to 800 a day. I add this on to what I have already been doing which is jogging in the morning and an ab work out at night.
This morning I weighed in 2lbs lighter!!! Yay!

The calorie count today is quite low... 215    I know I should have eaten more but work was hecktic! Nursing kinda sucks sometimes :(
Ok, eating some oat meal now so that should help.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2009, 08:55:18 pm by Sutie »

Great anime review site! http://www.otakureview.net/

oslapedo

« Reply #108 on: December 09, 2009, 09:08:39 pm »
Eurghhh, I love unhealthy food but I think I have to cut back since my stomach's been pretty sensitive lately. I went home early because I was feeling so nauseus today. I guess it'll be good for my "in-shape-ness" if I don't eat bad food but it's kind of depressing too :D

Offline NightLotus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #109 on: December 10, 2009, 08:54:51 am »
I was so tempted to get a doughnut today T^T
I got an apple instead and feel kinda good about it... BUT HUNGRY :'(

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
« Reply #110 on: December 10, 2009, 11:17:58 am »
I had a cinnamon roll yesterday :D Donuts sounds kinda good P:

Offline soundninja12

• Bunnygirl
    • ILOVEYOUGUYSSOMUCH
« Reply #111 on: December 10, 2009, 07:31:53 pm »
Can't eat breakfast anymore...
I keep throwing it up >.o;;
I don't try to!
I am not bulimic, I just get super nervous about school... then... well... bad things happen >.<
It is going to be...

Offline camname21

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #112 on: December 11, 2009, 02:16:51 pm »
@soundninja  awwww, don't be nervous about school, I dun no why you are, but if your work is done there shouldn't be any reason to fret over school.  Soon you will look back and laugh at it all :)

@Sutie  You need more then 215 calories!  Don't throw yourself into starvation mode or you will stop losing weight, and when you start eating more it just gets put on as fat.  Try to stay above 800, just don't eat a lot of fat!  (Potatoes are good for carbs, and there is soooooo much you can do with them)

Offline nyahaha

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #113 on: December 12, 2009, 12:12:07 am »
Track conditioning has started, and man I'm sore. I haven't cut back on eating, but I haven't eaten more, so I should lose weight if I keep up with track.
check out my facebook page!! www.facebook.com/macnleecosplay

Offline Roddy Manic

• Catgirl
    • Want-To-Be-Optimist
« Reply #114 on: December 12, 2009, 12:30:56 am »
I fail... have not kept track of my food for almost a week now. have not been to then gym is over a month. other then work, and even there I been moving slow, I have not been doing any workout like activities. have not been sleeping well... like normally only 6 hours. Water.... maybe a glass a day. Vitamins, simi-okay still... only missed my night ones 4 times and morning ones 3 times this last month. Blarg.. I feel so bad lately too, I know why... but.. blargness. I am afraid to weigh myself. last time I did was like a month ago almost... I was 148 then... I feel like I'm 152 or more now. Might not be but sure feel like I am. I was really sick one day though, lost all the food I ate that day. Damn body not liking solfer..sulfer... whatever it's called. that stuff that's in eggs and nuts and beef. Ate an angus from Mc.D's and the next day body hated me so much. My leason, NEVER eat angus again, too much sulfer in it. Hazelnuts did that too me to when I was at summer camp with my son this last summer. ate way too many of them and tummy was doing all it could the next day to get it all out of me.

anyways... I fail.... Kick my arse people, I need it. ><
« Last Edit: December 12, 2009, 12:33:31 am by Roddy Manic »

Offline Sutie

• Chibi
« Reply #115 on: December 12, 2009, 03:13:16 pm »
@Sutie  You need more then 215 calories!  Don't throw yourself into starvation mode or you will stop losing weight, and when you start eating more it just gets put on as fat.  Try to stay above 800, just don't eat a lot of fat!  (Potatoes are good for carbs, and there is soooooo much you can do with them)

Dah, hun, that was just that one day. You kinda forget about food when you hold someone else's life in your hands.
I've been cutting out about 700-800 not eating just that much. I'm sorry if I mislead you. I've been avaraging about 1,200 a day with everything needed to keep healthy. Yes, I do love tatters! ^^

I've been keeping at the jogging even with the cold. Been bundling up a lot. I feel like a giant marshmellow though :P

Offline camname21

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #116 on: December 12, 2009, 03:20:39 pm »
AH okay, seemed like you said you ONLY ate 2xx that one day.  That is kind of scary to think of especially if someone has a kid.

Offline lover-of-the-pepsi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #117 on: December 12, 2009, 08:18:21 pm »
I'm thinking about doing either yoga or water aerobics......not sure witch one to pick....
"A friend is someone who will help you move. A best friend is someone who will help you move a body" -Unknown

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #118 on: December 12, 2009, 10:59:21 pm »
Right now I'm a bit stressed because of the holiday season plus school so my Metabolism is going nuts. XD But I'm making sure to eat healthy and not cut back to much. I also have been running around a lot recently because of all the things needing to be done for this season, plus two people in this house are really sick so my dad and I have to do most of the chores since they can't. :/

I feel thinner. =D
da/tumblr

Offline camname21

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #119 on: December 13, 2009, 02:15:01 am »
I'm thinking about doing either yoga or water aerobics......not sure witch one to pick....
Yoga is nice for piece of mind along with improved flexibility, water aerobics is good for a better cardio, strength and puts vary little stress on the bodies joints. 

Nether are meant to replace weight training, and both have their down sides.  For example with water aerobics you have to deal with going into water that is (but not always) chlorinated, while with yoga you do not get much out of it other then flexibility.  Yes you can sometimes get more then what I said, especially if you are just starting, or have been doing it a while and are doing more advanced positions/routines.  Though, as always, it is up to what you feel like doing!

@tofutakeout  I'm sure you look thinner too, keep up the good work :)

Offline Sutie

• Chibi
« Reply #120 on: December 13, 2009, 09:59:35 am »
AH okay, seemed like you said you ONLY ate 2xx that one day.  That is kind of scary to think of especially if someone has a kid.

... I don't have a kid... 0-o   I meant my job; Nursing. I'm a nurse, health care. Anywho, that was just one hell of a day.

I'd have to disagree with yoga being only for flexibility. If you don't do weights already, after a while you'll start to notice a difference with your strength depending on the yoga you do. Though if you are looking to loose weight you need something that will get your heart pumping and body sweating.

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #121 on: December 13, 2009, 08:45:12 pm »
I've found my thinsperation.
http://crosshatch.files.wordpress.com/2007/05/empowered.jpg

If I can get a flat tummy by november I'm cancelling any cosplay plans I have for akicon and doing emp from Empowered (Not ripped suit) <3
WHY DO THE FORUMS SUCK SO BAD?

~2012 cosplay mofos~
Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim, Miria Harvent- Baccano!, Filia- Skullgirls, Milk- Pop'n Music

Offline Roddy Manic

• Catgirl
    • Want-To-Be-Optimist
« Reply #122 on: December 14, 2009, 12:38:51 am »
I've found my thinsperation.
http://crosshatch.files.wordpress.com/2007/05/empowered.jpg

If I can get a flat tummy by november I'm cancelling any cosplay plans I have for akicon and doing emp from Empowered (Not ripped suit) <3

Evilness. Looked it up. and read some. and now I am in love with Ninjette. I could never cosplay her, but want to so badly.

Offline camname21

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #123 on: December 14, 2009, 02:01:23 am »
@Sutie  I guess I got your whole message wrong :/  And I did mention that you can get more then just flexibility from yoga, but odds are you won't get any strength from it in basic unless you haven't done any activity in the last many months, or longer.

Offline lover-of-the-pepsi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #124 on: December 14, 2009, 09:27:30 pm »
Thanks ^.^ i'm also starting up winter guard soon, i'm pretty excited. I've been eating better, putting more effort into exercize, and sleeping longer and in a more routine fashion. I've been feeling pretty good lately, actually.......
"A friend is someone who will help you move. A best friend is someone who will help you move a body" -Unknown

Offline nyahaha

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #125 on: December 15, 2009, 06:04:25 pm »
track is killing me in different places everyday, but I feel great, and when I go to bed, I'm out like a rock. I don't think I've lost any weight, but I haven't gained  any either.
check out my facebook page!! www.facebook.com/macnleecosplay

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #126 on: December 18, 2009, 06:39:00 pm »
I promise I won't eat too many sweets in the next few days because of the holidays. -_-

But I finally actually checked the scale after so long(I was afraid to get on it for fear of what I'd see) and I actually weigh less then the last time I checked it....which was like 5 months ago. XD I've lost about 20 pounds since then so even if I haven't lost much right now I know I'm heading in the right direction.
da/tumblr

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #127 on: December 18, 2009, 07:11:33 pm »
I ate so many sweets today. ;-;

Offline camname21

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #128 on: December 19, 2009, 02:01:21 am »
Good job tofu!

I ate so many sweets today. ;-;
I did too, I had a bunch when I went to see Avatar and then for dinner I ate a Mile High Mud Pie at The Ram, afterwords. :/

Offline Roddy Manic

• Catgirl
    • Want-To-Be-Optimist
« Reply #129 on: December 19, 2009, 10:16:25 am »
Hm.. bad, had kettle corn at movies last night. but I countered it by doing 9 songs of DDR. ^^ the exercise was cheaper than the popcorn. The game lets you play up to 3 songs if you clear the first two with one credit. and a credit is 50 cents. so 1.50. For the 3 soda and 2 popcorn (2 because my dad went to a different movie then my mom and I did.), my mom payed 25.25... This is why I never buy food at the movies. But, it was a good movie. And I am proud of myself for being able to get in 9 songs, I normally get too tired after 3 or 6. Golden Sky twice, once to warm up, then at the end to cool down. Then Hyper Punch 2 times, Moon two times, and then 3 other songs I never dance to before.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2009, 10:19:24 am by Roddy Manic »

Offline camname21

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #130 on: December 20, 2009, 01:43:17 am »
Ya I brought all my food into the movie, just stuffing my pockets.  They wont even let food court food in which is soo dumb.

Offline Sutie

• Chibi
« Reply #131 on: December 21, 2009, 11:15:11 am »
Gah! Holliday baking!!! It's evil, EVIL I SAY!
There's only a few more days until Christmas so I'll try to withstrain myself from all the holliday goodness.
Good Luck everyone!

Offline princessmoon

• Catgirl
    • Instagram: 10g10k
« Reply #132 on: December 21, 2009, 10:21:29 pm »
I've been eating cookiez all day....breakfast, lunch, and dinner... ummm.... yeah, way off-track! :P  Oh well, I will work out more when the next school term starts! :D
And so it begins...

Offline soundninja12

• Bunnygirl
    • ILOVEYOUGUYSSOMUCH
« Reply #133 on: December 22, 2009, 12:26:19 pm »
Way too many cookies Dx
Dang this season... I DONT WANT TO LOOK LIKE SANTA >O
It is going to be...

Offline princessmoon

• Catgirl
« Reply #134 on: December 22, 2009, 05:48:45 pm »
Way too many cookies Dx
Dang this season... I DONT WANT TO LOOK LIKE SANTA >O

You and me both! Don't get me wrong, Santa is cool, but don't wanna look like him! :D  I really gotta lay off those darn cookiez... they're just so TEMPTING!!! :)
And so it begins...

Offline camname21

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #135 on: December 23, 2009, 04:39:18 am »
The problem with santa is that he lets his reindeer and magical chimney abilities do everything for him.  If you want to eat the sweets and not grow the beard (or belly) you need to move your ass a little more then you're used too!  Go for a jog, jump some rope, or anything really for 10-15 minutes and its all good... :P

Offline princessmoon

• Catgirl
« Reply #136 on: December 23, 2009, 06:52:15 pm »
LOL. I'm terrible! I was eating a cookie while playing with the Wii Fit Plus.... OI!!!  :P
And so it begins...

Offline camname21

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #137 on: December 23, 2009, 10:37:35 pm »
WoW.  Though its contradictory, I don't see much problem because you are having fun.  That is all that matters in all honesty :)   I wants a wii to pway with /cry

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #138 on: December 25, 2009, 02:36:11 pm »
So there really hasn't been much fatty holiday food to eat and if something was out that was tantalizing, I didn't touch it much. And I've been running round and dancing a lot lately with my friends so I feel a bit lighter. Christmas season is so energetic. ^_^

And I got a whole bunch of all natural tea with a personal steeper for my cup and it's all tea that's good for health regulating and weight loss. ;3 And it also helps that's it's tasty too.

We'll see what the rest has in store for me. I'm going to measure myself in about a week to see if there's a change.
da/tumblr

Offline meep

• Bunnygirl
    • blog
« Reply #139 on: December 25, 2009, 03:21:26 pm »
So there really hasn't been much fatty holiday food to eat and if something was out that was tantalizing, I didn't touch it much. And I've been running round and dancing a lot lately with my friends so I feel a bit lighter. Christmas season is so energetic. ^_^

And I got a whole bunch of all natural tea with a personal steeper for my cup and it's all tea that's good for health regulating and weight loss. ;3 And it also helps that's it's tasty too.

We'll see what the rest has in store for me. I'm going to measure myself in about a week to see if there's a change.

Tea is super uber good for you! So drink it =D

Offline camname21

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #140 on: December 25, 2009, 06:01:45 pm »
Happy xmas everyone, I hope you are eating proper portions and getting time for those workouts.  Have a nice holiday weekend.

Offline soundninja12

• Bunnygirl
    • ILOVEYOUGUYSSOMUCH
« Reply #141 on: December 25, 2009, 09:35:37 pm »
I have discovered in the time I've spend diet(ishthing)ing that I freaking love cottage cheese.
It is going to be...

Offline NightLotus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #142 on: December 26, 2009, 12:19:02 am »
i'm not working out and going backwards T^T
damn delicious food :/

Offline Sutie

• Chibi
« Reply #143 on: December 28, 2009, 06:39:26 am »
^--- Don't worry. Just pick back up where you left off and those cookies will be gone in no time!

The hollidays got to me as well. Let myself go there for Christmas eve and Christmas.. heh... But now I'm back in the swing of things and my holliday guy is gone!!! Yay! Now for progress! Humf!

Offline soundninja12

• Bunnygirl
    • ILOVEYOUGUYSSOMUCH
« Reply #144 on: December 28, 2009, 10:15:29 pm »
It's really hard to work out when you have a ripped tendon in your ankle DDDx
It is going to be...

Offline NARUNIK

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #145 on: December 28, 2009, 10:20:09 pm »
NARUTO...WILL JOG WIT YOU PEOPLES....

+ LETS GO SUMO WRESTLING!!!
« Last Edit: December 28, 2009, 10:21:07 pm by NARUNIK »

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #146 on: December 28, 2009, 10:41:15 pm »
I'm up for it.

I'LL KNOCK YOU OUT OF THE RING BOI.

@soundy
Isn't cottage cheese so tasty? And it's great with fruit too. ^_^

So before when I measured myself...however many months ago, I was 39-35 1/2-41.

Now I am at 40-33-42......I know it's harder to lose in the hip/leg region so that's understandable.(Even their looking more toned lately) but the breast size did this last time as well. -_- I'm not even kidding. Well at least it's a step in a good direction. XD

GOOD LUCK ON YOUR QUEST TO BEING BETTER FIT. 8D
da/tumblr

Offline princessmoon

• Catgirl
« Reply #147 on: December 29, 2009, 11:45:59 am »
So before when I measured myself...however many months ago, I was 39-35 1/2-41.

Now I am at 40-33-42......I know it's harder to lose in the hip/leg region so that's understandable.(Even their looking more toned lately) but the breast size did this last time as well. -_- I'm not even kidding. Well at least it's a step in a good direction. XD

GOOD LUCK ON YOUR QUEST TO BEING BETTER FIT. 8D

How did 39 -> 40? :3  I iz small and way past growth prime. Well, sounds like you're making progress! Kudos!

I can't wait for new term to start. I have Fitness Yoga and Pilates classes! :) Having to pay for a class will get me to workout more efficiently. :3
And so it begins...

Offline NightLotus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #148 on: December 31, 2009, 03:18:28 am »
I dread measuring myself lol... SO I WON'T! i just need to remember that I don't REALLY need that second piece of cake lol *I am having trouble with this* :-\

Offline Sutie

• Chibi
« Reply #149 on: December 31, 2009, 12:36:36 pm »
Oh tonight is going to suck! I want to go out but drinking will not be good for me... or the morning after for jogging. Bleh! XP