Author Topic: Getting in shape for con season 2010  (Read 132568 times)

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
Getting in shape for con season 2010
« on: October 17, 2009, 10:01:55 am »
Well now that Kumoricon is over I am slowly finding myself not working out as much. I decided last night that I have two and a half months (till mewcon) to get to where I want to be. And where I want to be is an inch off my stomach and thighs. In order to do that I need to cut back on the junk food and stop drinking soda as well as working out at least four days a week.

This can all be done pretty easily it just takes some dedication. I know I am not fat but I have this little belly that needs to go away, and with a little work it can. The hardest part will be the food because I love junk food x.x I also need to find a picture to help inspire me :D

I know there are others trying to do the same :P

Offline Dubaby

• Catgirl
    • My Cosplay.com account
Re: Getting in shape for con season 2010
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2009, 11:25:59 am »
I've been slowly losing weight since about the beginning of Summer. I've hit a bit of a snag since my gym went bankrupt about a month ago and closed down, so now I'm back to going on hikes and walks on my own. All in all though I've made a lot of progress and I am close to being the size I was when I was at my thinnest (about 2 years ago) and have dropped from wearing a size 9 pant in Spring to a 5/6 now, so even though I know I'll probably gain a little weight with the Holidays coming up I really can't complain =]
Junior Cadet of TD BRO CHAD

Offline dshwshr55

• Chibi
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2009, 04:43:07 pm »
@Nikkiolie   
I'm pretty much the same way. I'm not fat, and I don't weigh a lot, but I just have some extra skin that needs to go away ^^;;

Offline princessmoon

• Catgirl
    • Instagram: 10g10k
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2009, 08:30:48 pm »
Trying to lose my extra trim here. My Deep Water Aerobics class is kicking my arsenal. It's the best whole body work out I've ever done.

And I just got Wii Fit Plus--it's a blast. :)

My next con is Sakura con, so I have some time! Good luck to everyone!
And so it begins...

Offline camname21

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2009, 12:32:43 am »
I also need to find a picture to help inspire me :D
Maybe this will get you motivated to looking great ^.^  I hear it motivates a lot of women.

http://hmg.guyswithcams.com/templates/galleries/1407/6455_0x0.jpg
*cries, wanting to look like that*
« Last Edit: October 18, 2009, 12:34:02 am by camname21 »

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2009, 10:09:25 am »
I keep getting in and out of my workout habits because of school. I was staying there last quarter from 8am-12pm and when I'd come home I'd just crash. I've been living off of crappy food (Mac and cheese, quick things, etc.) and not eating enough because I get so busy (We're talking like, 1 meal a day, stupid god damn school).  So I've got my boyfriend to help me monitor me this time. I've got 6 1/2 months before AX which is when I'm going to wear Sabrina. So I'm going to be running lots, doing sit ups, leg lifts, all that stuff. My boyfriend said we were going to go out and look for little weights too so I can start doing squats.

Gonna work out on Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sundays. Maybe even throw in running on Tuesday mornings. I've got 2-4 inches that I want to cut off of my waist before then? I'm try hard though. Good luck to the rest of you too.
WHY DO THE FORUMS SUCK SO BAD?

~2012 cosplay mofos~
Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim, Miria Harvent- Baccano!, Filia- Skullgirls, Milk- Pop'n Music

Offline xcthulhux

• Bunnygirl
    • MAI BLOG
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2009, 11:48:09 am »
Dance.
its one of the easiest and most fun ways to work out.

Offline soundninja12

• Bunnygirl
    • ILOVEYOUGUYSSOMUCH
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2009, 11:58:05 am »
Whenever I feel discouraged from losing weight, thinking about all of the self confidence I will gain.

This is pissing me off though:
I work out, I eat super healthy food, I have not drank a soda in months. I eat 1/2 sandwitches and apples for lunch. I drink V8, but I can't seem to lose weight! >.>
Next con: Kumoricon
Make sure to pop in to the Tiptoe Through the TARDIS panel this year.
It is going to be...

Offline xcthulhux

• Bunnygirl
    • MAI BLOG
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2009, 12:04:59 pm »
Whenever I feel discouraged from losing weight, thinking about all of the self confidence I will gain.

I work out, I eat super healthy food, I have not drank a soda in months. I eat 1/2 sandwitches and apples for lunch. I drink V8, but I can't seem to lose weight! >.>
like i said.
dance.

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2009, 12:08:48 pm »
I've been watching a lot of the OC lately and Olivia Wilde is ridiculously skinny (she is also 13 from house). I may use her as inspiration :P http://www.ugo.com/movies/hotties-of-our-time/images/entries/olivia-wilde.jpg

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2009, 12:15:12 pm »

MY THINSPIRATION. Seriously, goal in life is to have legs like that, not possible but I can still try.
I can't really find many real pictures for inspiration though. I'm kinda thick, I'll never be able to get super skinny because of the size of my bones and the muscles on muh legs. Silly Ukrainian genes!
Flatish stomach and huge muscle legs will do it for me :P
« Last Edit: October 18, 2009, 12:16:41 pm by ~boogiepop~ »
WHY DO THE FORUMS SUCK SO BAD?

~2012 cosplay mofos~
Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim, Miria Harvent- Baccano!, Filia- Skullgirls, Milk- Pop'n Music

Offline soundninja12

• Bunnygirl
    • ILOVEYOUGUYSSOMUCH
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2009, 12:17:21 pm »
I was skinny when I was little, but now not so much...

like i said.
dance.
I listen to Emo-punk music. You cannot dance to that...
It is going to be...

Offline xcthulhux

• Bunnygirl
    • MAI BLOG
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2009, 12:34:32 pm »

like i said.
dance.
What i listen too, and what i dance too are 2 completely different things.
i listen to goregrind, and grindcore, but i dance to hardstyle and psytrance

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2009, 03:25:32 pm »

like i said.
dance.
Actually, the type of dancing that one would do to emo/punk would be moshing (jumping up and down) and that can be an extremely good workout :P

Offline The_Geek

• Chibi
    • My Deviant Art
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2009, 05:53:54 pm »
I'm eating healthy and running.
I'm going to lose 10 pounds more because two of my best friends just got together. (The amount of stress this puts on me is relevant because I'm usually the one to fix all problems in my friend's relationships.)
It's good to see everyone starting out early though, so...
DO YOUR BEST EVERYONE!
All depression has its roots in self-pity, and all self-pity is rooted in people taking themselves too seriously.
                                + Tom Robbins

oslapedo

« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2009, 06:05:20 pm »
Omnomnom. I love sweets too much to care about my figure :D

Offline Man of the Public

• Catgirl
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2009, 06:10:55 pm »
I've been on a FotN/HnK kick lately and that's been motivating me to get my fat bum up and out.

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2009, 06:11:43 pm »
I eat sweets daily, and I'm not fat yet, whyyyyyyy? D':
But um, yeah, none of my cosplay really show my figure, but even so, I'm gonna keep on staying, or getting, in shape. :'3

oslapedo

« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2009, 06:14:40 pm »
It must be our fabulous genetics, ohohoho.

I should get more active for my own personal health but cosplay doesn't really matter.

Offline nyahaha

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2009, 06:25:09 pm »
I really want to cosplay Winry next year, so I need to lose some tummy. I've been biking to school off and on, but it's not tiring anymore, so I'm not burning any tummy fat. But I now have better thighs than before xD
check out my facebook page!! www.facebook.com/macnleecosplay

Offline meep

• Bunnygirl
    • blog
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2009, 06:42:22 pm »
IM such a lucky bum XD No matter how I eat I wont gain weight. Actually this summer I went walking around town a lot and guess what I LOST TOO MUCH WEIGHT SO IM UNDER WEIGHT (so the docter told me) so I have to gain weight rite nao

Any suggestions for fatty foods that r not MCDONALDS XD

oslapedo

« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2009, 06:50:58 pm »
Hm~ If you eat meat then eat fatty meat, I guess. I'm a vegetarian so I get my fats from snack food :D

Offline camname21

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2009, 08:14:16 pm »
IM such a lucky bum XD No matter how I eat I wont gain weight. Actually this summer I went walking around town a lot and guess what I LOST TOO MUCH WEIGHT SO IM UNDER WEIGHT (so the docter told me) so I have to gain weight rite nao

Any suggestions for fatty foods that r not MCDONALDS XD

Unless you eat unhealthy, your doctor is a fuc$%# moron to tell you you are underweight.  It amazes me how retarded doctors are these days.  All they say is what the latest bs tells them to say, or w/e they were brainwashed into thinking in schooling.  I'm not saying they have no idea what they are talking about most the time, but stupid comments like telling someone who (presumably) doesn't have any health problems and eats regularly is underweight needs to get a big kick in the a$$.  Everyone has a different metabolic* rate at which the body changes and uses energy.

As for everyone else here, remember losing fat is different from losing weight.  Be specific when you set your goals so you can clearly see what you are doing right and wrong ^.^   losing 5 pounds in 1 month for someone who has already changed their diet and been going strong with it for a while is losing more then the expected amount, unless you are doing a lot of exercising and seriously watching what they eat.  2-3 pounds a month is more likely, unless you are excessively overweight.  Hope everyone makes their goals :)

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2009, 08:26:11 pm »
Alright I am pretty sure that you can eat regularly and still be underweight. A person can have a metabolism of 4000 calories and only be getting about 2000 a day and with that they will be losing weight each day. If you add exercising on top of that, they could be getting 1500 or less in. It is very possible to be underweight yet still eat several meals a day. It might not be AS much of a health issue as if you weren't getting any food at all.

As for my goal I know I want to lose fat. Most of my weight is from muscles, playing soccer for 15 years gave me huge thighs. I just have about an inch to two inches of fat on my stomach that I would like to shed. I know how to do it and I have plans. I am already doing pretty good. I'm having popcorn as a snack instead of a candy bar.

Offline meep

• Bunnygirl
    • blog
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2009, 08:33:35 pm »
Gotcha I eat healthy all the time and I have like 4-5 meals a day sometimes so I was super omega confused! Thanks for the info (stupid doctors and crazy asian metabolisms XD).

Offline xRIxKUx

• Bunnygirl
    • D.A
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2009, 08:43:27 pm »
MEEP: How tall are you? You look sooo tall!!! xD
         "crazy asian metabolisms" HAH!!!! I had one too til I hit puberty lolx
I like goats.

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2009, 08:46:54 pm »
I'm not saying that is what is going on or not but it could be an explanation. I wouldn't say eat more fatty food, just eat more. Try to stick to good fatty food like avocados. P:

Offline meep

• Bunnygirl
    • blog
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2009, 08:57:32 pm »
MEEP: How tall are you? You look sooo tall!!! xD
         "crazy asian metabolisms" HAH!!!! I had one too til I hit puberty lolx

IM 5 feet and 1 inch A SAD HEIGHT I AM NOT TALL (I am taller than my mommy though)

OOH avocados would be smart.

OH and you guys know about those hikes planned right?

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2009, 08:58:32 pm »
Yeah but they are Saturdays and I work on Saturdays >_>

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
    • http://www.animemsn.com
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2009, 10:20:07 pm »
If anyone wants some help / encouragement / workout e-buddies, feel free to message me on AIM or MSN or whatever.  I've got some pretty good workout/food plans, books, and MP3s I could share with you. ^_^;
« Last Edit: October 18, 2009, 10:20:37 pm by reppy »

Clark Anime: http://clarkanime.com
Facebook: http://facebook.com/reppy
Kumoricon 2005-10 galleries: http://dunpeal.net/gallery

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2009, 10:46:22 pm »
Just curious, what do you guys do to work out?
Done: Blue Spirit (A:tLA), Sollux Captor (HS)
will do: Yukio (AnE), Robin (YJ), genderbent Nilus (MAOH), Dave and Signless (Homestuck); other things I'm forgetting

Offline camname21

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2009, 03:46:38 am »
Eating regularly is a poor choice of words on my part.  What I meant was eating an amount that when consumed on a regular basis (how ever you eat, though it should be consistent), that with little or no exercise, provides you with enough energy to keep you fully functional without drops or spikes in energy.  This is even not the best way to say it but its pretty good I think.  If you need 4k calories and only eating 2k, you ARE GOING to have periods where you just don't feel like you can do much, and no not just before bed..  

That is not a well balanced daily income of food, which is totally not eating healthy.  If you end up doing more activity you obviously need to consume more to equal the output.  You can eat 50 times a day if you want, but if you don't eat the right amounts to begin with you fail at a balance of need verse use.  Do you need a balance that is the same from day to day?  No, but the overall period where you go up and down needs to close to the same or your health, not to mention energy, will show.  I wasn't there when you were told you need to eat more.  The only way to tell if he still needs a kick in the a$$ or not is to talk to you more, because as easy as this stuff seems it can also be a little complicated(word wise and other).  Generally speaking if someone is eating consistently the same amount and healthy, you can't be underweight, you can only be underweight based off some sort of scale/system that doesn't include your body type/uniqueness.  If this doc wasn't asian culturly born then I would say he doesn't know about your body type much, though that's a HUGE leap, he could know more then other asian docs too..

If you eat 4-5 (or more) meals a day you keep your metabolic rate up due to the decrease in time between meals does not give much/any off time so breakdown stays on always.  Eating more and less often is a way to get fatter, if you think you are "too light" which is absurd if you are healthy.  If you want more advice, I would find a real nutritionist not some "doctor" who isn't payed to know about health, only medical science.  Or you can keep talking to us here, we are real people with the same problems/solutions :D

I don't have a steady workout plan because I'm not too worried about fat at the moment, though I've got to get back to doing more stuff :D  When I was doing more I would be biking 20+ miles a day/every other day, and not your leisure biking ether.  The kind you tell yourself to keep going and go faster every second your on the bike.  Not hardcore like some at a gym class, but close enough it might as well be in one.  Being outside a good amount of the day playing with pets and yard work just about every day helps too, but now that the weather is darker I doubt that I'll be as perky while doing it.  I also would lift weights every other day for building strength, an aerobic workout is great for using that stored fat but not for giving you big guns.  There are a lot of things to do for exercise that is just what I do.  The best are things you can do are with friends that are fun, things that don't seem think you're doing any exercise, like frisbee tag.

The hikes will be great once everything gets straightened out and more familiar.  This last hike saturday was not so much a hike as talking and meeting, but it was the first one so we will get better at the "hike" part.  We had 6 show up, even though it was down pouring on us, a few others wanted to but had other things to do that day, so we will have different people at each one depending on the schedule.  Join us!    Lolz wall post..
« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 03:51:14 am by camname21 »

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2009, 09:51:12 am »
Just curious, what do you guys do to work out?
When I signed up with Bally's I got a free training session and she told me some ways to slim down my inner thighs and stomach (which I'm still working on). So I get on a treadmill push the incline up as far as it will go and walk for about 30 to 60 minutes. 30 minutes usually burns 350-400 calories (depending on what the max incline is, at Ballys it is 15 and at school it is 10 =/). If I only did 30 minutes I also do weights. The weights normally focus on my legs. I do three different types of leg presses (one with my toes pointed in, one with my feet at the top toes slightly over the edge, and one with my feet at the bottom so I am pushing with my toes). Those three target different areas in my leg and work pretty well. I also do the hamstring machine (you lay down and pull your feet up to your butt) and sometimes the thigh machine, and I usually always do something ab and back related.

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2009, 10:29:17 am »
Thank you!

I'd love to go on hikes with you guys, but I doubt that's possible due to where I live right now. :/
will do: Yukio (AnE), Robin (YJ), genderbent Nilus (MAOH), Dave and Signless (Homestuck); other things I'm forgetting

Offline soundninja12

• Bunnygirl
    • ILOVEYOUGUYSSOMUCH
« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2009, 05:42:52 pm »
Thank you!

I'd love to go on hikes with you guys, but I doubt that's possible due to where I live right now. :/
^ This
It is going to be...

Offline camname21

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2009, 10:58:17 pm »
Damn you non portlandish area people! :D  You can always try to get a group from your school together to do hikes and such.  If you are not in school, there are lots of hiking groups around with all levels of hikes.  The only problem with that is you will be around NON ANIME specific people, not like it matters, but you will obviously have to find other interests to talk about while hiking :)

Offline Roddy Manic

• Catgirl
    • Want-To-Be-Optimist
« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2009, 12:24:22 am »
Things that popped out.. I am going to do a better back read tomorrow when I am more awake. So if I repeat anythin', I am sorry. ^^;;

"popcorn as a snack instead" this is good IF it is one you pop yourself and not a microwave kind. They have oils and butters that = bad. But I love fresh good old popcorn. But because of my teeth have not been able to have any in forever.

"remember losing fat is different from losing weight" I LOVE this line, it is the same the other way too, gaining weight isn't always bad. If you start a new workout and your next weigh in have gain some weight, yet have been eating well. Don't get discouraged. New muscle you gained could be the reason. And, if you use to not drink enough water then stat to drink a good 32, or 64oz or 90oz, it takes you body a little time to get use to the new amount you drink and utilize it.

I read once something like, "Activity is how you loose weight, not lack of food." This is true. Both things, not having lack of food and being active, are what I struggle with.

I am not an active person, I sprint at work (Car hopping is fun, speed walk food to cars, run back inside to get a new scan/ticket, then speed walk again to bring food, then run back to run credit card, then run back to car to return credit card. hehe.) but work has been slow, and hours are low, so that activity is not as much as it use to be. I go to the gym about 1 every week now. I want to go more, but I have a hard time getting myself to the gym even though it's only 5 minutes if even that from my house. Then, house work I use to do more, but I been slacking on that so that has been lowering my activeness.

As for eating, I think I found my range (unless I start getting more active.). I am 5’4 and very inactive and trying to loose fat, I have been in the 1800 to 2200, felt I was eating too much. was in the 900-1100 for a while, too small even for my low activity level and just always felt like I had no energy (did help that I stopped caffeine cold turkey the same time.) Now I have been in the 1100-1500 for about a week. I started taking fish oil pills too (omega 3 goodness). I think this is my range, but it's hard for me to eat that much food now. I got use to the lower calories. Also, other than bananas, pears, and peaches and rarely apples there isn't really any fruits I like. OJ is okay sometimes if mixed with a banana. And veggies wise I seem to mostly only like the bad starchy ones like carrots, potatoes, and corn. I can eat green beans and raw spinach (in salads and on ham sandwiches) and broccoli (steamed and raw) okay too. I think it's just I have not had the veggies made right, I need to force myself to try more and try them prepared different ways. Then meet... I cannot eat beef anymore. I just don't like the taste at all anymore, not even Angus. I never liked pork much. So turkey and fish is what I am left with but I am picky with my fish. I don’t like halibut, and only like tuna when it’s sushi or in tuna noodle casserole. Love salmon though. And I like almost every nut other then peanuts, but they don't fill me up that well with how little a serving size is.  Milk I can only stomach skim/none fat milk. And if by itself or in instant breakfast I need to water it down. Cheese, only really like string cheese or sometimes cheddar. I like yogurt okay, but only Yoplait light banana cream pie.

and the SUCH hikes will not always be in portland. and I can pic people up and stuff if not too far away too most the time.

Offline NightLotus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2009, 01:25:42 am »
oh jeez I have a lot of weight/fat to loose. Luckily I have until next Kumo (i'm pretty sure)
I need to drop a LOT of my hips and thighs.
I've been working out somewhat :/ (4 hours of volleyball practice and 2 of Taekwondo a week) but its not doing enough for me, so i'm considering starting to run on the elliptical during my free periods at my school gym. I've been cutting back on the calories (as much as a chocolate addict can) and I try not to eat all the baking I do. I'm addicted to baking, and I need ways to send away all the cookies and brownies I make!

I've found the BEST thing for slimming my butt/thighs/fat around the hips is to do a bunch of reps of extended lunges which are held for a long time, as well as yoga with bent knee poses, and squats. I also do a lot of weighted leg presses and box squats when I can. To trim my waist in and accentuate it I do some bicycle crunches followed by each side of elbow-to-opposite-knee crunches with my legs in the air, and if time permits, just a crapload more normal ones! :D.
To tone my arms I generally use my gym's machines to do weighted punches, curls, and (sometimes) just plain old bench pressing. And I always try and add a touch of the good old Plank ^^

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #38 on: October 20, 2009, 07:43:36 am »
Ok, the microwave popcorn might not be as good as kind you pop your self but when you eat two candy bars a night like I do it is way better. Lets look at the calories and fat for each.

Fred Meyer Butter Popcorn
Calories per bag: about 115
total fat per bag 35
saturated: 8.75
Trans 14

Now a Flake Candy Bar (all I had =/)
Calories: 219
Fat:11
sat: 5
Trans fat 0

So the fat isn't the best in the world on the popcorn but that is because it's butter. And also double or even sometimes triple the numbers for the candy bar and you get what I normally eat. So to me? Popcorn is better.

Offline Roddy Manic

• Catgirl
    • Want-To-Be-Optimist
« Reply #39 on: October 20, 2009, 09:12:59 am »
yes, better, except for that transfat. that stuff is bad and some things say they have 0 transfat, like slimfast and some peanut butters, yet they have it. *not sure how they get away with this. it's based on how high on the ingredient list it is so maybe like .01 = 0?* hydrogenated oils and partially hydrogenated oils of any kind of oil IS transfat.

"In fact, the fact that these trans fats are straight molecule and not natural, leads to one of the simplest and most important deficiencies caused by trans fats - that the enzymes that control bodily function cannot bind to them and cell membranes made from them. This means that these cells malfunction and that vital body processes are interrupted."

Hydrogenated fats are literally "plastics", which do not have the same properties as natural fats.

« Last Edit: October 20, 2009, 09:18:12 am by Roddy Manic »

Offline NightLotus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #40 on: October 20, 2009, 12:46:26 pm »
I just generally try to avoid oily/buttery things in general! (I CAN'T AVOID IT WHEN COOKING THOUGH ><)

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #41 on: October 20, 2009, 04:25:18 pm »
If you have to use oil in cooking, use extra virgin olive oil. It's the healthiest, much better than some other fats/oils. (it wouldn't work for most baking that requires butter, but you can buy margarine made from olive oil)

I think they can leave the trans from hydrogenated oils off because it's such a small fraction of a gram that it rounds to zero. They shouldn't be able to... you just have to look for things where the label says 'NO trans fat', not 'zero grams'... or just eat less processed foods, and make things yourself whenever possible. They're allowed to put anything as long as the information isn't false, and I guess 'increadibly small, almost nonexistant amout' = 'zero grams' in advertising. There's kind of a loophole in the law, which is unfortunate, but you just have to learn how to read it.

Offline nyahaha

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #42 on: October 20, 2009, 05:25:46 pm »
I just found joy in doing anime dances xD If you do them nonstop a bunch of times in a row, you really work up a sweat xD I just did the Cirno Dance for almost an hour straight.
check out my facebook page!! www.facebook.com/macnleecosplay

Offline soundninja12

• Bunnygirl
    • ILOVEYOUGUYSSOMUCH
« Reply #43 on: October 20, 2009, 05:30:03 pm »
My dad goes swimming every morning pre-school and work
I am going to start joining him for 2 reasons

1) I want to loose weight. I cannot do some of the characters I want to justice if I stay at the same weight
2) I want to join the water polo team at Bend High. I'm a strong swimmer, but if you know what water polo is, you have to be BUFF to play water polo.
It is going to be...

Offline Roddy Manic

• Catgirl
    • Want-To-Be-Optimist
« Reply #44 on: October 20, 2009, 05:36:32 pm »
Yes. reading. They do that with fat too, say no fat but there is some. reading lables is the way to go! hai hai.

YES! ddr and anime dances I do sometimes too. and random dancing to vocaloid feat songs. Also I like Love and Joy and Honey and stuff like that, it helps with arm fat because you keep you arms up a lot.

ooooo! Night you are doing Luca!! I love Luca! you rule!

I know a friend on irc who does Polo, he loves it.

Offline NightLotus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #45 on: October 20, 2009, 07:34:01 pm »
Yes. reading. They do that with fat too, say no fat but there is some. reading lables is the way to go! hai hai.

YES! ddr and anime dances I do sometimes too. and random dancing to vocaloid feat songs. Also I like Love and Joy and Honey and stuff like that, it helps with arm fat because you keep you arms up a lot.

ooooo! Night you are doing Luca!! I love Luca! you rule!

I know a friend on irc who does Polo, he loves it.
I'm super inspired to slim down so i can do her right! I hope my cosplay meets your expectations! ^^
I've found that even just doing the wii fit, or some fun little active games can really help keep you active and conscious of not only activity, but diet and a whole array of health decisions.
Also having a goal is always great! ^^

Offline camname21

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #46 on: October 20, 2009, 07:38:12 pm »
Plant fats (oils) are better then processed fat.  And if its butter you want, try for one that's been given little or no additives and just regular old fashion made from milk.  Hard to find anything natural these days that don't just say it and be a bunch of BS because natural isn't defined worth a damn by the FDA, nor is organic for that matter.

I've been cutting back on the calories (as much as a chocolate addict can) and I try not to eat all the baking I do. I'm addicted to baking, and I need ways to send away all the cookies and brownies I make!

Where are you, I will eat your cookies and brownies  o.o'

Offline NightLotus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #47 on: October 20, 2009, 07:43:22 pm »
I send people baked care packages all the time :P
I bring brownies and cheesecakes i make to meetups too ^^

Offline camname21

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #48 on: October 20, 2009, 07:59:19 pm »
if brings sweets, will stalk...

Offline NightLotus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #49 on: October 20, 2009, 08:03:17 pm »
if brings sweets, will stalk...
I will keep this in mind! Not really going along with the "getting in shape" thing :P