Author Topic: Custom Robo Arena - Any CRA fans here?  (Read 4447 times)

Offline xcthulhux

• Bunnygirl
    • MAI BLOG
Custom Robo Arena - Any CRA fans here?
« on: October 15, 2009, 09:51:33 am »
Custom robo arena.
In the beginning it was a rather popular ds game but, because it was deemed a "standard robo battling game", a lot of people won't even consider picking it up.

But in my experience, i have never seen a game even relatively similar to it (other than other Custom Robo games of course)

A topview RPG with a catchy storyline, fun battling system, and a small, but cool fan base.

I suggest this game to anyone and everyone.

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
Re: Custom Robo Arena - Any CRA fans here?
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2009, 03:12:15 pm »
What's the gameplay like?
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>

Offline KogaRyu

• Catgirl
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2009, 08:38:28 pm »
I played the crap outta this on Gamecube.

Game Intro

Gameplay

From what I remember, here is briefly how it works.

You pick a Frame ( a Robo) each has various stats and specialties

You equip it with a primary Weapon, a bomb launcher, Missle Pods and Shoes

All the action is top down, up to 4 ppl.

My setup was (gosh its been awhile) The little girl frame. Equiped with the speed performance shoes. It was the fastest setup possible.
My primary weapon was either the shotgun or the magnum (I played around with both). I had the Tri-something ruther bomb launcher and the dolphin missle pods.

I'd use the dolphin missle pods to force my oppenent out into the open, the bomb launcher to trap him (it blew up in a triangle pattern around the enemy) and the shotgun to kill him. Using my speed I'd rush in and easily dodge anything thrown my way. At point blank range hit em' with the shotgun which would knock them down, get off another quick shot, bounce out of the area, rinse and repeat. The shotgun was crazy strong soo it didn't take long and most matches i'd never even take a hit.

Didn't get into the DS version cause nobody plays it.
Team Koga

Offline xcthulhux

• Bunnygirl
    • MAI BLOG
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2009, 10:06:58 am »
I played the crap outta this on Gamecube.

Game Intro

Gameplay

From what I remember, here is briefly how it works.

You pick a Frame ( a Robo) each has various stats and specialties

You equip it with a primary Weapon, a bomb launcher, Missle Pods and Shoes

All the action is top down, up to 4 ppl.

My setup was (gosh its been awhile) The little girl frame. Equiped with the speed performance shoes. It was the fastest setup possible.
My primary weapon was either the shotgun or the magnum (I played around with both). I had the Tri-something ruther bomb launcher and the dolphin missle pods.

I'd use the dolphin missle pods to force my oppenent out into the open, the bomb launcher to trap him (it blew up in a triangle pattern around the enemy) and the shotgun to kill him. Using my speed I'd rush in and easily dodge anything thrown my way. At point blank range hit em' with the shotgun which would knock them down, get off another quick shot, bounce out of the area, rinse and repeat. The shotgun was crazy strong soo it didn't take long and most matches i'd never even take a hit.

Didn't get into the DS version cause nobody plays it.

Its a bit different on ds, but it is the same basic concept.

the gameplay in story is like a 2D top view RPG with kind of a pokemon feel to it, and the battle is like a 3D hard to explain-ness.
look up jewtube videos if you want to see battle gameplay

also, if you are looking for people to play the DS version with, go to oneclickwifi.net

they have a fairly big CRA fanbase

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2009, 02:14:01 pm »
I might keep my eye out for this on the Gamecube, if just for the purpose of getting another game for the Cube.
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>

Offline xcthulhux

• Bunnygirl
    • MAI BLOG
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2009, 12:15:06 am »
I might keep my eye out for this on the Gamecube, if just for the purpose of getting another game for the Cube.
i know you don't exactly have the funds right now, but this game is more than worth buying a DS for IMO.
the gameplay is about a thousand times better on the DS version, the only problem is that it is only 1 on 1.

Offline Seluecos

• Bunnygirl
    • My Myspace Page ^_^
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2009, 11:13:03 am »
CUSTOM ROBO FOR LIFE!
THE POWER OF COMMUNISM!

Offline xcthulhux

• Bunnygirl
    • MAI BLOG
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2010, 01:27:58 am »