Author Topic: Tournament rules and schedules  (Read 15694 times)

Offline kalira

• Chibi
Tournament rules and schedules
« on: June 09, 2005, 09:38:16 am »
Rules have been modified from the Penny Arcade Expo site with permission.

Tekken 5 (PS2)
- Single elimination
- You may bring your own controller
- Standard VS Mode
- 100% health
- Random stage select
- 60 second timer
- Neutral guard left on
- Best 3 out of 5 rounds per game
- Best 2 out of 3 games
- Best 3 out of 5 games for Semi Finals
- Best 4 out of 7 games for Finals

Super Smash Bros. Melee (Gamecube)
- Single elimination
- 1 vs 1
- 4 stock
- 6 minute time limit
- Items set to Low
- Banned Items (tentative): Heart, tomatoe, food, star, hammer, cloaking device, party ball, metal box, red koopa shell, mushroom
- Banned Stages (tentative): Hyrule, Termina, Brinstar Depths, Yoshi 64, Icicle Mtn., Flatzone, Big Blue

Halo 2 (Xbox)
- Single Elimination
- Teams of 4
- Team Slayer to 50
- 5 Second Respawn Time, 10 Second Suicide Penalty
- Custom Weapon Sets, No Radar
- Map selections to be decided day of tournament

Mariokart: Double Dash! (Gamecube)
- Day-Of Signup ONLY
- Pools of 8 2-Person Teams
- Each pool plays one 4-race cup, top two teams from each cup advance, no losers bracket
- Random Character and Kart selection, Standard Karts only, 150cc

Guilty Gear XX # Reload (PS2)
- You may bring your own controller if you wish
- 99 second timer
- Best 2 out of 3 rounds per game
- Best 2 out of 3 games
- All EX, Gold, and Black characters are banned -Kliff, and Justice are banned -Robo Ky IS allowed

Soul Calibur II (Undecided Console)
- Double Elimination
- You can bring your own controller
- Standard VS mode
- Default Health
- Random Stage Select
- Timer = 50 Seconds, Neutral Guard left on
- Best 2 out of 3 rounds per game
- Best 2 out of 3 games
- Spawn is not allowed
- Assassin, Berserker, and Lizardman are allowed, but Lizardman's command throw glitch is BANNED (the throw itself is still legal)

DDR – Style
-Winner will be determined by a panel of judges.
-Each contestant gets one song standered + difficulty.
-Contestant must pass the song to be scored.
-Auto-fail will be turned off.

DDR – Score

-Qualifications will be held on Saturday and song will be announced that day.
-Coin toss to determine first song choice, loser of toss get second song choice and third song will be chosen by the tournament coordinator.  
-Score will be based on perfects rather then actual score.
-During play only speed mods will be allowed.  
-Final round a coin toss will determine first and third song choice, loser of the toss gets to choose the second and forth song choice, fifth song will be random and players my choose there own mods.

Naruto 3                     -Rules posted soon

dmstudios3

yeah
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2005, 09:42:23 am »
Smash Bros, Naruto 3, Tekken 5, Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 3.

These would all be fun tourneys :D

Offline [R]VisitorOfEmptySpace

• Cabbit
    • http://www.ninjasinaxetion.com
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2005, 11:22:14 am »
........and Pokemon Coloseum. Pokemon Coloseum Tournament!

Offline shadowfox

• Catgirl
    • http://www.myspace.com/airotciv87
^_^
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2005, 12:38:13 pm »
it would be really cool if there was a kendo tournament ^_^, though i probably be the only one to join T_T.   The danger ^_^;
i am asthenophobic, Cleithrophobic, dinophobic, and geroscophobic.

but i am NOT Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobic

Offline Ronime

• Chibi
    • http://www.ronime.net/
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2005, 02:45:32 pm »
supply me the armor and i'd fight you, i took a bunch of lessons in japan a while ago
beware the ronime XD

Whats the point in being the director if i cant be evil dictator every once in a while?

http://www.ronime.net

Offline shadowfox

• Catgirl
^.~
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2005, 09:23:48 pm »
thats sooooooooooooooo cooooooooooooool!!!! i cant find anyone who is brave enough to spar with me T_T ever since i took classes in the spring T_T too bad i dont have armor T_T all i have is control (though thats probably not enough T_T)

Offline Panda0_0

• Catgirl
Re: yeah
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2005, 09:46:24 pm »
Quote from: "dmstudios3"
Smash Bros, Naruto 3, Tekken 5, Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 3.

These would all be fun tourneys :D

Tekken 5: tekken BOWLING!!! :P

Who are you? Whats your name? SUPER BROTHERS!

Offline black marth 07

• Chibi
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2005, 09:49:26 am »
Soul Calibur!!!

For "Game Cube"

^_^;

Offline _MidKnight_

• Cabbit
    • http://
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2005, 10:06:25 pm »
Of course, you have to have DDR, Yah Baby!!!!

*Dances*

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2005, 01:22:25 am »
Oh!!! DDR and Karoke Revolution.....seperate from the actual Karoke contest and karoke booths.

Attendee since: 2004
Volunteer since: 2010
Staffer since: 2012

Offline shadowfox

• Catgirl
^.~
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2005, 04:37:47 pm »
so, how is karoke??? is that a good game???  :?

Offline kalira

• Chibi
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2005, 08:23:59 am »
Here is the list of offical tournaments so far:

Super Smash Brothers
Mario Cart Double Dash
Soul Caliber II
Tekken 5
Naruto 3
DDR - Style - Score
Guilty Gear GGXX#R
Halo 2

Offical Rules to follow.

Offline Paru

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook
Phantom Dust
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2005, 08:58:46 pm »
I recently got Phantom dust for xbox and  it is both amazing game and very animeisk. with system link you can do 4 players at once, with just one xbox 2 player split screen. EBgames has some for $18 pretty cheep. the only thing is that a saved game later in the game is needed. you select "asernal" power up's that you use to fight with. there are these sphere's of different colors each represent  groups, like Red ones are attack, Blue are defensive and the like. there are many MP modes even real short ones if you need to games to end quicker. Anyways you run aorund a map when you get near a sphere it tells you the details like how much it costs. if you can use it more then once, the range and so on. you hit X, Y, A or B to store that. Over 300 skills to choose from :)

Since i saw GGX2#R(being xbox only) i figured this might be good too. just get an action replay to grab a completed game with some asernal and send that save to each xbox.
2009 Table Top staff
2010 Table Top staff
2011 RPG Staff
2012 Table Top Staff
2013 Table Top - MIA
2014 to 2017 Table Top Staff
The Munchkin guy

Offline Fudokage

• Sailor Scout
    • Octodie
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2005, 10:35:06 am »
sweet.If I can I will try and join the smash bros. tournament and the halo2 tournament....and maybe the naruto 3.....I havent played that naruto game yet....I really wanna though.I'm not too good at any of those games but hey I will try.Ah yes and I suppose I can play at kendo.....I dont do kendo....I do something called the bujinkan where we use shinais and learn some swordstuff....I think with kendo though there are rules so I may not be so good at that part but I will give it a shot.and dont worry about armor.as long as you dont smack me in the temples with a boken I will be fine.

Offline kalira

• Chibi
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2005, 12:24:06 pm »
Offical rules for most tournaments posted.

Offline Teh Becca

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2005, 11:57:16 pm »
Aw man, SCII is for X-Box this year? Sick. I hate X-Box controllers.

Guess I'm out, then... ah, man...

Offline Phylicia

• Cabbit
Re: Tournament rules and schedules
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2005, 07:24:38 pm »
Quote from: "Kalira"
DDR – Score

-Qualifications will be held on Saturday and song will be announced that day.
-Coin toss to determine first song choice, loser of toss get second song choice and third song will be chosen by the tournament coordinator.  
-Score will be based on perfects rather then actual score.
-During play only speed mods will be allowed.  
-Final round a coin toss will determine first and third song choice, loser of the toss gets to choose the second and forth song choice, fifth song will be random and players my choose there own mods.

Could I choose Flat for a mod? I tdoesn't affect the step pattern, nor the second player's arrows, like Solo does.

And I am optimistically hoping for this to be held on an arcade machine, not any kind of home set-up... because non-arcade tourneys suck :(

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
Re: Tournament rules and schedules
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2005, 08:58:07 pm »
Quote from: "Phylicia"
And I am optimistically hoping for this to be held on an arcade machine, not any kind of home set-up... because non-arcade tourneys suck :(

Last year it was non-arcade.  From what I remember hearing last year, renting the arcade version is expensive.
Fortunately, the pads they had last year were pretty good.  They were hard and they only slide around VERY little.

Offline limeloverj2x

• Cabbit
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2005, 09:48:22 pm »
Yeah...the pads they had last year were very good, and I see no reason to spend soo much more money on actual arcade pads when the pads, like the ones we had last year, work just fine. I mean sure, it'd be nice to have actual arcade pads, but this way it saves money for other things...which is always a good thing.

Pyon.
Baby seals make me smile...

until they start talking...

:(

Offline Dustin

• Catgirl
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/217341/
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2005, 10:45:26 pm »
Awwww, I'm not gonna make it.

I'm gonna miss the Guilty Gear XX#Reload tourny. ;__;

Too bad I'm not making it, I could have loaned my copy of Guilty Gear Isuka to the con.

Offline kalira

• Chibi
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2005, 09:10:22 am »
OK, as to what the tournament is going to be held on, it will at least be the same pads that we used last year.  If I can pull it off there will be an arcade machine but this is still in the works and I am not sure if I have enough time to pull it off before the con.  If I get it I will post here to let you all know.

Offline Digital Watches

• Oni
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2005, 10:40:02 pm »
Suggestions/Requests:
1. Please don't make the SSBM tourney one-on-one. I don't know about the time limit either. The entire point of SSBM is the chaotic aspect of four-player gameplay. A time limit probably wouldn't work either. To make the rounds shorter, instead of making a time limit, bump the stock down to 3.

2. We need a KOF tournament, be it 2002 or 2003. I think the franchise is too widely known and loved to not have a tourney. I'm willing to set it up and bring the game if you need me to.

3. I also think a Third-Strike tourney would be nice, which I'm also willing to set up.

Offline Digital Watches

• Oni
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2005, 10:41:30 pm »
And by the way, I have a wooden sword and would gladly join a Kendo tourney if the con people have the audacity to create one.

Anonymous

« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2005, 12:30:42 am »
Lol, a Third Strike tournament would be killer.  It'd be awesome if I had the opportunity to play against a Chun-Li and pull off Daigo's SUPER UBER COMEBACK!  I have finally mastered it, mwahahah!!!

As for SSBM, 1v1 would take a long time.  I mean, there were over 45 entries in last years SSBM tournament.  Maybe that should be reconsidered.

Soul Calibur 2 on the Xbox just wouldn't work at all.  Last year it was on the Gamecube, it'd be nice to stick with that console.

Cyclone

« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2005, 12:12:12 am »
I wanna try SSBM as one on one. But it would be fun to have a free for all tourny too.
As far as DDR goes i need a bar. I rape the bar so badly at the arcade that i am almost retarded when it comes to barless.
Yay for Halo2 and Naruto!!!

Offline limeloverj2x

• Cabbit
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2005, 01:10:44 am »
SSBM needs to stay as a 1 Vs. 1...sure it would take a bit longer, but most diehard SSBM players will want to try it in the 1 Vs. 1 format.

but even if we have to change it, it's still gonna be alot of fun :D

Pyon.
Baby seals make me smile...

until they start talking...

:(

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2005, 05:54:15 pm »
There's still the time before and after the SSBM tournament.  People can still play 4 player melee then as well.

deahawk

« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2005, 07:49:14 pm »
lol, In free for all, the best one usually doesn't win because of getting teamed up on by allied players that say, "Oh god...that guy's no joke."

I love free for all battles though because they are so chaotic, but in a tournament...and for a fox player, 1 on 1's are what I would desperately prefer.

It was a FFA last year anyways, time to shake it up a bit, because this year we will have a bunch of great players that will have really cool matches, whereas in FFA you usually need to keep switching who your watching, and miss good stuff.

come on...1 vs 1 is in the rules anyways, it's a good thing.  Play FFA after or before.

Offline HellSap

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2005, 05:33:13 pm »
Okay - Couple of things -
Dustin - you foolish, foolish man! We need all the #R support we can muster. I wanna train everyone into making OR actually competable with Seattle, which isnt far off. Oh well.

SC2 can probably be on whatever people want it to be, cause like, the rules were ripped from P-A and Kalira didnt remove the xbox tags.

SSBM also was ripped from P-A rules, and they are having a much more professional tourney, we dont need all of that happening.  I think we should at least make finals 1on1, but do a bunch of elimination rounds with 4p FFA.

Digital - KoF Neowave all the way.  Its 2k2 #R, practically.  Good ****.
3s tournament is doable, I was just about to post on SRK (www.shoryuken.com - the best place for fighting game info) to muster up some local comp, 3s would draw in some more people, easy.  Unfortunately, a problem would be theres a tourney for #R/3s/Mvc2/etc in Bellevue on one of the days of Kumoricon, so it might be harder to get more people to show who are interested.  

Also - Kalira - Was there any schedules planned out yet? I cant decipher anything about those emails.  Would be nice to not have the fighting games on 9/03 cause thats when the Seattle tourney is happening....

Edit : I dont know if this was brought up, but its Tekken Tag Tournament that has bowling, not T5.
Always and forever... Conspiring with the devil, Conquering together.
D/L Star Control 2 - Ur-Quan Masters here http://sourceforge.net/projects/sc2/ !
PSU Video Game Club - http://randomselect.groups.pdx.edu/

Offline DarkKnightUltima

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2005, 11:38:37 pm »
I don't know if its possibly late or not. But if the programmer that is doing all of the tournaments could possibly have like a table for like people that have either Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Colonel or Team Protoman tournament. I mean, I am not gonna post all the time begging for it to happen. If it doesn't happen, then there is always next year right?
PSN: MiyamotoKaizen
Steam: DarkUltima (Miyamoto Kaizen should be what you see)
Costume Progress:
Zengar Zombolt (SRWOG) - 100%

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2005, 06:06:52 pm »
Quote from: "DarkKnightUltima"
I don't know if its possibly late or not. But if the programmer that is doing all of the tournaments could possibly have like a table for like people that have either Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Colonel or Team Protoman tournament. I mean, I am not gonna post all the time begging for it to happen. If it doesn't happen, then there is always next year right?

Something tells me that an official tournament for that isn't going to happen.  It's two weeks before the Con starts so I think what the Con-Heads have planned out so far is what's going to happen.

You could suggest a tournament for next year.

Anonymous

« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2005, 11:52:54 am »
sounds like something that you can easily do on your own.
Try getting a spot and just advertising or finding people to play and get a setup.
I'm not too familiar with the popularity of MMBN5, and I don't think scheduling something for it would be worth it if the turnout is minimal.
Theres probably going to be an easily accessible desk for putting notes and checking bags, you can probably put a sign up there, or just find a place in the game room to host a game and have people signup.
Theres also a DS gaming thing at the Backspace this Saturday.  You can probably find people in the area to play and advertise and stuff.

Offline DarkKnightUltima

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2005, 12:04:27 pm »
Quote from: "Negima"
Quote from: "DarkKnightUltima"

Something tells me that an official tournament for that isn't going to happen.  It's two weeks before the Con starts so I think what the Con-Heads have planned out so far is what's going to happen.

You could suggest a tournament for next year.

I'm not asking for a offical tournament of it. I am just asking if people that have the game and would like to have a little area to play the game against each other in a little mini tournament. Because I know a majoritiy of people will be on the consoles anyway. I just wanted to put that on the table anyway. Oh well, there is always next year right?
PSN: MiyamotoKaizen
Steam: DarkUltima (Miyamoto Kaizen should be what you see)
Costume Progress:
Zengar Zombolt (SRWOG) - 100%