Author Topic: Crossplay For Girls? (13+ information in here...)  (Read 38945 times)

Offline Ticra

• Sailor Scout
    • Deviant profile
Re: Crossplay For Girls? (13+ information in here...)
« Reply #50 on: May 15, 2010, 09:03:45 am »
yeah. IT's never going to be terribly comfortable. The trick is getting it tight enough to crush boobs without making it impossible to breathe, something that took me many an uncomfortable test flight to understand.
I've only had to bind a couple of times for cosplay, but I had to bind myself totally flat for a musical I was in. Singing while being bound (and being asthma sick on top of it all when the show rolled around) gave me more experience with this than I ever wanted.

Don't worry if it's too uncomfortable when you first bind up (as I wrote earlier, I do so with three or four ace bandages) because you're body with get used to it and start breathing more from you shoulders than you diaphram, like it does when you wear a tight dress. But on the day you bind, (and you will want practice before this time) you'll want to bind a while before you get dressed up, so that you can make sure that it's not SO tight that your body can't adjust and you being to lose oxygen. haha, unless you intend to be blue.

The only other problem that I've ever had, (and you WILL want a sports bra under ace bandages.) is that the top or bottom of the bandage can rub and give you a little bit of a fabric burn, as it were. I'd try putting vasaline or something under the bandages where the rub. It's gross, but it might save you a shiesty looking injury.
I eat toasters 0_o

-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
GAT/ED/PA d—s-: a- - C+++ L E W+++N o+ K++w+ O+ M - - V PS+ PE+ Y PGP t+++ 5+ X++ R  tv+ b+++ DI+ D G++ e++ h- !r  x-
-----END GEEK CODE BLOCK-----

Offline steelychan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #51 on: August 25, 2010, 10:21:39 pm »
ive found out that unitards are wonderous. the only issue is that peeing will be a huge pain. so im gonna alter my unitard so that i can like pee quickly.
Kumoricon 2011 cosplays:
Day0: Hunny (Ouran Host Club) COMPLETE
Day1 (possibly late night panels): Ran Mao (Black Butler) 50%
Day2: Kaoru Hitachin (Ouran Host Club) 90%
Ball/Rave: May (pokemon)
Day3: pirate

Offline Kato_Shiroi

• Sailor Scout
    • Kato's mini Japanese Anime, Culture and Hobby Page
« Reply #52 on: August 26, 2010, 08:08:25 am »
Just thought I'd mention that there will be 2 Crossplay panels at Kumori put on by myself and my partner. We'll be discussing both Girl to Guy & Guy to Girl Crossplays plus some tips & tricks.

The Crossplay 101 panel is Saturday @ 12:30 and is kind of the intro type discussion and the late night panel called "unBinding" is Sat @ midnight and is the advanced discussion one.

As with all our panels, audience participation is what makes it fun so come and help others learn your cool tricks to better crossplaying.

See Ya!
Kato
To be truly happy, volunteer your talents, treat others with compassion and watch as much anime as possible...Mina san, Kampai!!!