Author Topic: Crossplay For Girls? (13+ information in here...)  (Read 38949 times)

Offline AllyKat

• Administrator
Crossplay For Girls? (13+ information in here...)
« on: October 06, 2009, 10:29:46 am »
Hey guys!

Uh... I put the disclaimer up cause I'm gonna be talking about "the girls"
in this thread, and any body who doesn't want to hear my talk about "lady lumps"
should prolly not read this... I have serious questions though, as I do earnestly
wish to crossplay correctly, and I'd love so tricks of the trade from girls who have
done this before me!

The Skinny;

I am not by any means lacking in the breast area. By that I mean I am a 38DD and
so this is where my big dilema comes from. I can tape myself down and bind myself
up I'm sure, I have done it before in highschool for a theater production, but my
methods were lacking in the ease of the set up and the comfort area. They also are not
good for one of my costumes as it kinda requires semi skin tight clothing (as you can
see I'm doing shuichi... I'd love to do the red vinyl jacket and black fishnet top if possible,
but that may no be plausible due to forces beyond my control. (A.K.A. genetics).

I have gone to t-kingdom... which is a site I found by searching crossplay here on the
forums, and I am unsure of there capabilities to bring the size down significantly enough
that it would be worth it to purchase one of these "sports bra's". I know there is no way
on gods green earth I'll get any lower than a B (and even that would be pushing it!) but
if I can find out from you vetrans your secrets to hiding the rack, I think it'd help me
more adequately plan my costumes for the two boys I want to crossplay!

Thanks in advance for any advice or truths!

~Allykat
2009 - Attendee
2010 - Facilities Liaison
2011 - Director of Publicity
2012 - Director of Publicity
2013 - Facilities Liaison
2014 - Vice Chair

Offline soundninja12

• Bunnygirl
    • ILOVEYOUGUYSSOMUCH
Re: Crossplay For Girls? (13+ information in here...)
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2009, 10:50:42 am »
I heard Nikkiolie talking about a compression shirt for the entire top half once, but I couldn't seem to find it.
Being unable to see my feet thanks to my own bazoomas, I understand your issues first hand.
I have found sports bra's ineffective for me, maybe I just haven't found the right kind, but it seems that I cannot get my chest down via sports bra.
My 32A friend manages to get away with bandaging it, and another friend I have seen use two sports bras, one with sleeves, one without.
The best thing I ever found was a cloth back brace, just solid enough to hold them down flat, but comfortable enough to let me move/breathe in.

Those are my words of wisdom, sadly, proving not to be very wise.
Next con: Kumoricon
Make sure to pop in to the Tiptoe Through the TARDIS panel this year.
It is going to be...

Offline AllyKat

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2009, 12:38:06 pm »
I heard Nikkiolie talking about a compression shirt for the entire top half once, but I couldn't seem to find it.
Being unable to see my feet thanks to my own bazoomas, I understand your issues first hand.
I have found sports bra's ineffective for me, maybe I just haven't found the right kind, but it seems that I cannot get my chest down via sports bra.
My 32A friend manages to get away with bandaging it, and another friend I have seen use two sports bras, one with sleeves, one without.
The best thing I ever found was a cloth back brace, just solid enough to hold them down flat, but comfortable enough to let me move/breathe in.

Those are my words of wisdom, sadly, proving not to be very wise.

No! You are very wise! I do appreciate any advice, I am going to try a couple things and maybe it'll have to be
a combination of sports bra (although the ones at this t-kingdom website aren't 'technically' sports bras, I guess they are for tomboys and FTM people...) I just am afraid to spend a lot of money on a fancy "binder" only to find that because of my size, it really is ineffective... but maybe a triple threat of bandanging, sports bra and one of these binding vests would get me close... however that seems like a LOT of cloth....  Honestly... If it really comes
down to it I prefer realism of the character to total comfort. I have worn real corsets before and had little problem being sinched up good and tight for 10+ hours so this shouldn't be any worse than that I'd assume?

~Allykat
2009 - Attendee
2014 - Vice Chair

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2009, 03:08:46 pm »
Compression shirts are apparently really freaking amazing and can flatten you if you have a rather large chest.

I use Ace Bandage, but it doesn't make me completely flat, so I think a compression shirt or a binder is your best bet. Good luck!
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2009, 03:37:10 pm »
There is a site that I have been thinking about getting a compression shirt from http://www.underworks.com/997.html I heard somewhere that the best way to figure out your size is to take the measurement of your breast and the measurement of the part under your breast and divide the two

But I have B cups so I can get pretty flat if I try hard enough. A good one for open chest binding is using sports tape and taping your boobs up and out, that way you can wear an open chest shirt and not show that you are a girl. For example take this picture http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/1/l_abdbdd30692cc2b5581daa26501133d9.jpg this is Marie using the process I just described. Also used for Kuja cosplay http://fc00.deviantart.com/fs46/f/2009/197/d/8/waiting____by_nikkiolie.jpg
« Last Edit: October 06, 2009, 03:38:20 pm by nikkiolie »

Offline the_wind_the_sea

• Catgirl
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2009, 03:39:30 pm »
I'm a 36DD and I use a compression shirt and it gets me very flat. I also use a back brace backwards and upside down.

My friends and I run a panel on Crosplaying at Kumori-Con, Aki-Con and Sakura-Con.

Sixteen Year Kumoricon Veteran
Kumoricon'19 Plans-
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline AllyKat

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2009, 04:00:15 pm »
I'm a 36DD and I use a compression shirt and it gets me very flat. I also use a back brace backwards and upside down.

My friends and I run a panel on Crosplaying at Kumori-Con, Aki-Con and Sakura-Con.

OH MY GOSH! YAY SAME SIZE! So it is possible? This is EXACTLY the good news I havbe been wanting to hear! Also,
I think I'll use a combonation of several Ideas... I think what will work best is:

Sports tape up and out to get no chest line, then maybe some type of skin colored back brace? followed by compression
shirt (IF I can find a nude colored one) That way the fishnet shirt wont look so wonky.

This has been so freaking helpful you guys, you have NO IDEA how stressed out it has made me to contemplate bearing it
all infront of the convention without making sure I look like a good example of ritsu and shuichi!

~Allykat
2009 - Attendee
2014 - Vice Chair

Offline LtCommanderRichie

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2009, 09:16:58 pm »
I myself share your cup size pain. Also, I have found that while gratuitous amounts of duct tape will get me amazingly flat, it's also DUCT TAPE. Which isn't the greatest of ideas in the skin-keeping department. Seriously, though. Got me crazy flat.

What surprisingly got me flatter than a little duct tape and some ACE bandages (and a lot of pain) was a Medium size waist cincher from Walmart. No doubt a Small would get me flatter, but I have the unfortunate problem of not being able to get into one because my shoulders are too wide. It got me pretty flat with a minimum amount of difficulty, and though I was probably a large A that's much better than the large B/bordering C that duct tape and ACE bandages got me to.

T-kingdom, I've heard, will not get you very flat if you're over the size of a D.

Offline Sayda

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art.
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2009, 10:14:51 am »
I got my compression shirt off of ebay. It was actually meant to help men with moobs, but it works really well for girls who need to bind, too. I can't remember the name of the site, unfortunately, but I know it's on ebay. I would go for their extra small. My breasts are C cups, and it pretty much does the job. It's nice too because it allows you to breathe. I say the extra small, because my friend has D cups, and she ordered the same size as me, and her chest is pretty much gone when she wears hers. The higher you go in sizes the loser the compression shirt is, so it's good to go for a smaller size for a more effective look.
AX :
- Seras Victoria (Hellsing)
- Axel (Kingdom Hearts II)
- Debut Cosplay

Offline makichan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2009, 10:32:03 am »
I can TOTALLY approve T-kingdom because I use one of their binders and am, well, 34DD. For anyone who likes to crossplay (and not just as a one time thing, because they're pricey) and is larger in the bust area, this is definitely a good investment. They're also adjustable and easier to breathe in than tape or bandages. I bought the model 1700 long, btw.
Here's some examples of how it looks under my cosplays:
Note: I'm on the far left for both of these

"I like the way you fire that gun."
"Thanks. I like the way you take a bullet."

Offline NightLotus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2009, 12:22:08 pm »
The compression shirts Nikki linked to are really really great! I would advise doing that ^^

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2009, 03:43:02 pm »
I can TOTALLY approve T-kingdom because I use one of their binders and am, well, 34DD. For anyone who likes to crossplay (and not just as a one time thing, because they're pricey) and is larger in the bust area, this is definitely a good investment. They're also adjustable and easier to breathe in than tape or bandages. I bought the model 1700 long, btw.
I want the shorter one, the 801 model I am just wondering if it would work as well. I need one where I can have my stomach exposed. Also if you don't mind me asking what size did you get? Based on their chart it looks like I need a L being about 5' 3" 130 lbs and a 36 B :P

Offline AllyKat

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2009, 03:48:18 pm »
I want the shorter one, the 801 model I am just wondering if it would work as well. I need one where I can have my stomach exposed. Also if you don't mind me asking what size did you get? Based on their chart it looks like I need a L being about 5' 3" 130 lbs and a 36 B :P

Yeah I too would need to know what size to buy... Except here is my problem;
None of these are nude colored.... And the costume I want to wear looks like this:

So... have you ever seen a nude colored binding vest? or am I gonna have to just go
with a solid black shirt and fudge the accuracy of the costume a little bit in favor of
ability to actually BE the character?

~Allykat

EDIT: Somehow it sent the post before I'd started typing... wierd....
« Last Edit: October 07, 2009, 03:54:18 pm by AllyKat »
2009 - Attendee
2014 - Vice Chair

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2009, 03:56:17 pm »
If you can't find a nude-coloured binder shirt, you could buy a nude leotard and wear that over the binding.
Done: Blue Spirit (A:tLA), Sollux Captor (HS)
will do: Yukio (AnE), Robin (YJ), genderbent Nilus (MAOH), Dave and Signless (Homestuck); other things I'm forgetting

Offline AllyKat

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2009, 03:59:18 pm »
If you can't find a nude-coloured binder shirt, you could buy a nude leotard and wear that over the binding.

Oooh! good idea! *smacks herself on the head* Why didn't I think of that! I keep making things
more complicated than they need to be...

~Allykat
2009 - Attendee
2014 - Vice Chair

Offline AllyKat

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2009, 04:07:45 pm »
Sorry for the double post but I think I found the E-bay you were talking about guys...

Is this it?:

http://cgi.ebay.com/GYNECOMASTIA-VEST-MOST-POWERFUL-COMPRESSION-TANK-AAA_W0QQitemZ220484933568QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_CSA_MC_Underwear?hash=item3355ed17c0

The X-small says it fits a chest size of up to 31in.... but the largest part of my chest area no counting my
breast (I measured just below them) is 36 1/2 to 37in.... Could i even FIT into a x-small? I think I'd have to
purchase the small and just suck it in....
2009 - Attendee
2014 - Vice Chair

Offline makichan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2009, 06:23:13 pm »
I got the Large and I'm about 130 lbs, 34 DD. They also have a chart on their site that tells you how well they work on the flexibility, binding, comfortability, customer rating scale. I just bought that model because it described what I was looking for.

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2009, 08:35:52 pm »
Alright I think I will try that one out. Thanks for the help :D

Offline makichan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2009, 10:33:38 pm »
No problem :)

Offline Sennyo-Chan

• Cabbit
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2009, 11:29:19 am »
I know that there's already been posts about open shirts, but I have the added problem of it being spandex. (http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h302/fuzzor_rl/tos-mithos-yggdrasill-02.jpg?t=1255371785) Whenever I experiment with the open-chest binding, it's painfully obvious that I still have a chest. I'm a 36 C, so although I don't have a whole lot of trouble binding, it's not super easy.
Sakuracon 2010:

Offline AllyKat

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2009, 11:36:30 am »
I know that there's already been posts about open shirts, but I have the added problem of it being spandex. (http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h302/fuzzor_rl/tos-mithos-yggdrasill-02.jpg?t=1255371785) Whenever I experiment with the open-chest binding, it's painfully obvious that I still have a chest. I'm a 36 C, so although I don't have a whole lot of trouble binding, it's not super easy.

In that situation, I'd bank on taking the time to tape and shape to give your chest what I like to call the
"AMAZING PECTORAL MUSCLE" look. Basically, think of guys on those fitness comercials, there pecks are
high on there chest and are well defined. If you can tape out and the up while flatening, then using some kind
of ace bandage or binding tape in a sort of vest type fashion to smooth out the lines, you could probably
feign of any added deffinition (cause they'll still be there a bit) as your character having great pecks... which
it kinda looks like they have anyway... just watch the lines, keep it smooth as possible and remember that
even guys have some chest deffinition, its just how you mold it that counts!

~Allykat
2009 - Attendee
2014 - Vice Chair

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2009, 12:51:29 pm »
Ok I just got my binder from T-Kingdom and it is thin and light and works amazingly well. It just feels like I have a sports bra on and I am pretty darn flat. It was worth the $50.

Offline AllyKat

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2009, 01:59:53 pm »
nikkiolie;

Did you buy the 801 in large? I want to know if the correct size for my shape is what I should buy or if I should buy a size down, I can deal with
the tightness but I want to make SURE it works.. or did the correct size for you work just great?

~Allykat
2009 - Attendee
2014 - Vice Chair

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2009, 03:33:30 pm »
Yeah I went with that one. On the site it says go with the size up for comfort. When you pull it out and look at it, it doesn't look like it will work but it does. I say go with the one that fits your measurements. And after you get it and wear it a little and it can be tighter then trade it in for a smaller size.

Offline NightLotus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2009, 01:33:16 am »
nikkiolie;

Did you buy the 801 in large? I want to know if the correct size for my shape is what I should buy or if I should buy a size down, I can deal with
the tightness but I want to make SURE it works.. or did the correct size for you work just great?

~Allykat
I've worn this one in a size to small and It was not a happy experience. I've been considering getting one of my own for a while now, but I'm still on the fence!

Offline steelychan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2009, 08:40:01 pm »
I bought two sports bras that were a size too small and that made my 40C boobs shrink to perhaps 36D or smaller. I will still have to bind them. I hear seran wrap works better than ace bandages. I'm gonna cosplay as Honey Senpai... -smacks forehead- I should edit my post on the ouran thread... Anywho... seran wrap is clearish. You could use ceran wrap to bind as well. I've looked into those compression shirts for moobs and I don't think they would help with my boobs.
Kumoricon 2011 cosplays:
Day0: Hunny (Ouran Host Club) COMPLETE
Day1 (possibly late night panels): Ran Mao (Black Butler) 50%
Day2: Kaoru Hitachin (Ouran Host Club) 90%
Ball/Rave: May (pokemon)
Day3: pirate

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2009, 08:41:35 pm »
ummmmmmm D size is bigger than C >_>

Offline steelychan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2009, 08:44:01 pm »
-smacks forehead- I knew that... I hate this stupid sizing system. it doesn't make much sense...
Kumoricon 2011 cosplays:

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2009, 08:48:50 pm »
You should check out some of the binding shirts. They work really well :D

Offline steelychan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2009, 08:50:06 pm »
Will do!
Kumoricon 2011 cosplays:

Offline Sugarlat

• Bunnygirl
    • Youtube - Sugarlatdesu
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2009, 02:24:28 am »
Compressions shirts work best for that cup size.
I have small boobs so I guess I was lucky for cross dressing.
I have an example of open shirt too:
http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs48/f/2009/172/7/e/Id_by_Sugarlat.jpg

My friend who has big boobs [/she got surgery cause of health stuff] says:
the best thing to do with knockers that are that huge though is to wear a binder from t-kingdom, a shirt, and then a back brace
She was a 40DDD..sometimes 42DDD
« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 02:29:55 am by Sugarlat »

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2009, 01:59:08 pm »
Some of this talk about ceran wrap sounds very unpleasant. ;O;
I'm pretty sure I dun really have to worry about anything like that yet though.
(I just wear a bra from seventh grade and a tank top~ Woo! x3)

Offline soundninja12

• Bunnygirl
    • ILOVEYOUGUYSSOMUCH
« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2009, 02:11:23 pm »
Some of this talk about ceran wrap sounds very unpleasant. ;O;

Owwww~

I'd like to say that this thread is ubber helpful, and I am asking for a compression shirt for Christmas ^^

Thanks guys~
<3
It is going to be...

Offline steelychan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2009, 02:59:20 pm »
I just figured out a way to look COMPLETELY flat for those D cups out there. You need two sports bras that are a size too small that have absolutely no support. Then ace bandages. You wrap the ace bandages tight enough that you can barely tell you have boobies and it isnt too tight. Make sure you can still breathe normally.
Kumoricon 2011 cosplays:

Offline meep

• Bunnygirl
    • blog
« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2009, 06:49:54 pm »
Sometimes Im happy Im flat chested =D I can just wear mai normal bra even when Im crosplaying =D

Offline NightLotus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2009, 04:35:16 pm »
I'm glad i have like no boobs for crossplay... but other than that it makes me sad T^T
i don't think i'll be able to do a lot of the cosplays i want without... help ;;>_>

Offline RozenMaiden_Girl

• Bunnygirl
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2010, 11:34:58 pm »
I like this thread....

What about characters (males.) who don't were any thing at all over there chest?

Sorry if this was asked all ready.
Lolita and "lolita cosplay" are not the same thing, and ever will be. Period.

Offline the_wind_the_sea

• Catgirl
« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2010, 02:32:58 pm »
I just wanted to put it out guys, that if any of you are coming to Sakura-Con and still have questions about binding, feel free to come to the Crosplay101 Panel @ 12:30PM-1:30PM on Friday April 2nd in Panels 7 (305). Then from 12:30AM-2AM (12 hours after the first panel!) on Saturday April 3rd in Panels 6 (3AB), we're running Cosplay: What the Tuck. It's more adult content, but we'll be able to go into things more in depth.

I'm one of the people running it and an avid crosplayer. Two of my friends will be there too with female to male tips, and if there are any male to female crosplayers reading this, there are four guys who help immensely.

Kumoricon'19 Plans-
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline soundninja12

• Bunnygirl
    • ILOVEYOUGUYSSOMUCH
« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2010, 02:56:54 pm »
Are under 18 people allowed in that panel as well?
It is going to be...

Offline the_wind_the_sea

• Catgirl
« Reply #39 on: March 16, 2010, 04:51:05 pm »
Are under 18 people allowed in that panel as well?

The late night on? Unfortunately no. But, after the daytime one, if you have an specific questions, you can ask me in private.

I will be dressed as Morinozuka Takashi for the daytime panel and Zechs Marquise for the nighttime one.

Kumoricon'19 Plans-
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline soundninja12

• Bunnygirl
    • ILOVEYOUGUYSSOMUCH
« Reply #40 on: March 16, 2010, 05:03:18 pm »
I'll make sure to make it to those panels for Bailee (Rozen)
I'll be open shirt Simon.
It is going to be...

Offline soundninja12

• Bunnygirl
    • ILOVEYOUGUYSSOMUCH
« Reply #41 on: May 09, 2010, 08:11:22 pm »
Okay, I have been having super massive butt problems with my Simon shirt >.<
I have a compression shirt, but I just look like Simon with mushed down moobs >.e
Anyone have any ideas?
It is going to be...

Offline KHking

• Catgirl
« Reply #42 on: May 09, 2010, 08:31:23 pm »
I crossplay, too. I'm a guy but I still have tips.
Crossplaying is a lot of fun, so act normally.
What makes a crossplay good is movement and posture. When I crossplay females, I make sure I take up as little space as possible and walk daintily and slowly. As a guy, you might want to slouch just ever so much and walk in big steps.
It may not seem important but it totally is.
I went to a crossplay pannel and they also talked about back braces, but they said to stick with compression shirts.
Oh, and as long as you're character isn't wearing super tight pants, you prolly don't have to worry about the groinular area.
Mos importantly, have fun! Girls crossplay all the time and sometimes bring a lot more to the character, so don't be nervous!

Save Caprica!!

Offline SiderAnne

• Cabbit
« Reply #43 on: May 09, 2010, 09:20:17 pm »
Okay, I have been having super massive butt problems with my Simon shirt >.<
I have a compression shirt, but I just look like Simon with mushed down moobs >.e
Anyone have any ideas?
Mush them UP a little?
What I mean is... these directions are a little graphic, so bear with me...
With the compression shirt on, scoop up a "girl" (side of your hand, pinky side, along where your underwire would be) then flatten your hand upward slowly, pushing said "girl" up and in toward your lung.
Guys have pectoral muscles that develop higher than girls, so pushing up is ok.

And you might have to bandage and compression shirt, to get down enough in size. Bandage under the compression shirt, so it can smooth out some of the bandage lumping.

Basically you'll have to fiddle around with your girls and your compression shirt and costume in front of a mirror to check for yourself.
~~~* I don't always sing Ayumi Hamsaki in the shower *~~~

Offline soundninja12

• Bunnygirl
    • ILOVEYOUGUYSSOMUCH
« Reply #44 on: May 09, 2010, 09:26:13 pm »
I'm rather chesty >>
Things like that never seem to work for me ;A;
It is going to be...

Offline SiderAnne

• Cabbit
« Reply #45 on: May 09, 2010, 09:37:23 pm »
"things like that" meaning making yourself smaller?
Some things just take time and practice.

My fingers are itching...
I used to be a costumer (i.e. insane quick changes and making girls look like boys) and I want to find a way to show you how to make it work.

I almost wanna ask if it's possible to get a slightly larger Simon shirt? Having some flexibility in that area may help too.

Offline Felix

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #46 on: May 09, 2010, 10:24:40 pm »
KHking has a good point. The way you carry yourself can make a huge difference. Think about manga - if you had a scene of a character just standing there, a stereotypical girl would be posed differently from a boy. Even if all you're doing is walking around or standing neutrally, there are subtle differences in the position of your body you can use to your advantage.

Also, how is the shirt fitted? Women's clothing is designed to accentuate curves - if you bought/constructed a woman-style shirt it will make your chest area more obvious than you want it to be no matter what you do to it. On the other hand, as a crossplaying female, it's important that you still make the clothes to fit your body. Even though you're trying to look like the opposite sex, wearing clothes that are fitted to someone else's body shape won't be flattering on you. (perhaps you could post pictures? that would make it easier for us to identify the problem. I believe I recall you doing other crossplays, so perhaps it's something specific to this one?)
Done: Blue Spirit (A:tLA), Sollux Captor (HS)
will do: Yukio (AnE), Robin (YJ), genderbent Nilus (MAOH), Dave and Signless (Homestuck); other things I'm forgetting

Offline Ticra

• Sailor Scout
    • Deviant profile
« Reply #47 on: May 11, 2010, 04:04:23 pm »
haha I've run into this problem more than once.
I'm a 36 C so I've pretty, uh...weighed down in the chesty area and binding down is a bit of a chore. I usually just go with Ace bandages. They may not be totally identical to the skin tone, but they get the point across. I've never tried a compression shirt or anything to that effect because I find that ace bandages do it for me.
Ace bandaging takes a few rolls depending on size, and a bit of practice to get down. It's usually helpful if you have a buddy to give you a hand. You'll want to wear a sports bra under the bandage.
Also. The mantra for Ace bandaging in my circle is "Divide and conquere". Otherwise you get a chest tumor/hump thing and it never lies flat.

I've seen some really good shirtless fem-crossplays done with ace bandages.
I eat toasters 0_o

-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
GAT/ED/PA d—s-: a- - C+++ L E W+++N o+ K++w+ O+ M - - V PS+ PE+ Y PGP t+++ 5+ X++ R  tv+ b+++ DI+ D G++ e++ h- !r  x-
-----END GEEK CODE BLOCK-----

Offline SiderAnne

• Cabbit
« Reply #48 on: May 14, 2010, 10:43:25 am »
I just saw this (kinda lame) movie, called It's A Boy Girl Thing.
And while the plot and acting isn't Oscar material, it's a pretty good study for girls who are having to act like boys and vice versa. The walk, standing, sitting, posture, what to do with your arms and hands... I was pretty impressed.
It's worth a look-see... and I thought it might be useful to the crossplayers here.

Offline Chibiorochimaru

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #49 on: May 15, 2010, 02:43:12 am »
It Really just takes practice.
And if possible get yourself a sports bra like was mentioned a few posts above. They really help if ace bandages arent enough and come in nude-ish colors as well. And if your open chest binding. Its a very good idea to practice it a good couple times before con n.n;;;
La vie est le plus beau spectacle sur terre~