Author Topic: One Piece RPG  (Read 3868 times)

Offline ambergen87

• Sailor Scout
One Piece RPG
« on: September 21, 2009, 09:08:57 pm »
My boyfriend is thinking of doing a One Piece RPG adventure. He was thinking that he would run a game & people would come and go as they want. He wanted to know if people are interested.

What do you guys think?
Randomness is good for the soul.

The swag lady.

Cosplay for Kumoricon 2011:
Saturday: Lolita
Sunday: Seychelles
Monday: Catgirl Schoolgirl

Friday: Random yukata girl
Sat: Don't know
Sun: Don't know
Mon: Raine from Final Fantasy VIII

Offline camname21

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
Re: One Piece RPG
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2009, 11:24:41 pm »
I have no idea what this would intale.  Please explain for the other and myself how this game works aside from being based on one piece.  A little more info would help get more interested I'm sure, Thanks.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2009, 11:26:32 pm by camname21 »

Offline soundninja12

• Bunnygirl
    • ILOVEYOUGUYSSOMUCH
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2009, 09:53:18 am »
*Loves all things one piece and doesn't need any further information to figure out that she wants to join in*

Next con: Kumoricon
Make sure to pop in to the Tiptoe Through the TARDIS panel this year.
It is going to be...

Offline Toloram

• Oni
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2009, 07:46:40 am »
This is Ambergen's boyfriend. She doesn't know I have an account here so she is probably going to have a massive "OMG" when she sees this :3 That said:

I have no idea what this would intale.  Please explain for the other and myself how this game works aside from being based on one piece.  A little more info would help get more interested I'm sure, Thanks.

The current plan is that I'll be running the game using a free RPG system called Risus. I picked it because 1) It takes less the 5 minutes to explain how everything works; and 2) It takes less then 5 minutes to make a character (or at most 10 if you are REALLY indecisive). It isn't exactly the most complex system, nor does it have a whole lot of depth but I wanted a simple system where anyone could join and I wouldn't have to spend a half an hour explaining the rules to them and helping them make a character sheet.

Basically, the game works like this: You have 10 points to spend at character creation which you spend on "Cliches." Cliches are basically character arch-types which you see all the time in movies, books, and (most importantly) anime. Cliches are things like Astronauts, Cowboys, Soldiers, and William Shatner (who used to be an actor but is now a cliche). Each cliche is good at doing things you would expect that cliche to be good at. Cowboys are good at gun slingin', drinkin', ropin', and riding off in to the sunset. Magical Girls are good at posing, transformation sequences, and wearing mini-skirts. William Shatner is good at doing long speeches, having alien women-folk fall in love with him, and being a bad actor. etc. For each point you put in a cliche, you get one die on rolls relating to that cliche. When you roll, you add them all up and if the total is high enough you succeed. Simple. There is a list of sample cliche's in the rules but I'm going to be using a custom list for One Piece.

As for the One Piece adventure itself: Basically, I'm running it like the shows adventure. Everyone who is there when I start is the starting pirate crew and you'll go on adventures through various islands and eventually on to the grand line. The adventure will be taking place somewhat concurrently with the Straw Hats adventure but for the most part you'll only be hearing about them since you'll be one one of the other other paths through the grand line (and thus your paths shouldn't cross for quite a while). If the game goes long enough for you to reach the Red Line and the Sharbondy Archipelago? Well, expect an EPIC battle :3

I'm going to be running the game pretty fluidly. If someone wants to join mid game, I'll hand them a sheet so that they know how to make their character. When they are done, I'll have the adventure shift so that they come across the crew and can join in the adventure. If someone has to leave mid game, their character will either have something happen to them or they'll leave the crew for some reason. If you leave, you can always come back later if you want.

That's my current plan in a (very large) nut shell. I'm not dead set on using Risus so if someone has a better suggestion, feel free to suggest it. If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask.

Offline xcthulhux

• Bunnygirl
    • MAI BLOG
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2009, 09:27:49 am »
Words
This sounds amazing, and i am more than interested.