Author Topic: regarding free goodies  (Read 4314 times)

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
regarding free goodies
« on: May 31, 2005, 05:23:43 pm »
like the cards with pics of anime from kumoricon and lan partys i use them to decorate my binder and i try no to use picsa from anime i don't know (remeber joe's harlem of men story..)when i got a cool shirt from the lanime (ff11 on one side properly equiped on other) i wore and a guy in my class who knows computers is all questioning me (they type that don't wait for a responce) saying do you even have a bla bla do you even know what a bla bla or what that company bla bla and i'm like its a cool shirt with a ffx1 pic on it and its black and it fits, funny thing is he didn't even make an effort to tell me or let me ask about
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline shadowfox

• Catgirl
    • http://www.myspace.com/airotciv87
^_^
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2005, 05:47:45 pm »
free goodies... i actually like those books, the manga previews, they give for free at the cons^_^ but that shirt story is weird T_T thats some strange guy T_T hit him in the head w/ a mallet ^_^
i am asthenophobic, Cleithrophobic, dinophobic, and geroscophobic.

but i am NOT Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobic

Offline rarnom

• Chibi
regarding free goodies
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2005, 07:42:56 pm »
That is funny.  He is just jealous you got an excellent shirt for free. :P
The trick is not minding.

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
regarding free goodies
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2005, 08:44:58 pm »
DOODE.

Today, I'm wearing my KBVR-FM shirt (College Radio! xD) and this kid walks up to me and he's like 'PAH. Where'd you get that shirt?!' And I'm like 'I won it on a TV show.' (On KBVR-TV) and he's like 'I listen to that station and you don't!' and I was like 'Um. Yes I do. >__>' And I was like 'psshtdon'tmakemeslapyouboy.'

And I kinda walked away. o_o Seventh graders are weird.

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
regarding free goodies
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2005, 02:19:55 am »
@Neko_Chan
Wow, who knew a total stranger would know your daily habits.  :roll:  Ignore him....

Um, right, free stuff.  Remember when Legend of Zelda: OoT came out?  I preordered it and when I picked it up I received a free Link shirt.  Still have it, still fits, is back home in the states.

I also won a few small prizes from the "Bounty Hunt" at KumoriCon.  Y'know, where you find that weird object and bring it to the info desk to receive a prize?  I got some cards and stuff and I gave a poster of T.M. Revolution to a friend who really wanted it.  (I think it was T.M. Revolution)

Offline rarnom

• Chibi
regarding free goodies
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2005, 08:01:49 am »
Quote from: "Neko_Chan"
Today, I'm wearing my KBVR-FM shirt

Oh man, I remember listening to KBVR back in the DAY!!  Like I would rush home after middle school (straight out of 1991 baby!!) and listen to that station for hours.  I even have old tapes of broadcasts.  That station is what turned me on to many of the bands I listened to during my teens.

ah, the memories.

Offline shadowfox

• Catgirl
^^
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2005, 09:34:41 am »
ooooooo O.O SLAP THE KID!! SLAP THE KID!!!  *ahem* anyways, i used to have a legend of zelda shirt, gave it away though ^_^ they were a bigger fan then me anyways ^_^ still love link though ^_^ and another zelda shirt hanging in the closet ^.~

Offline hikaru_maxwell

• Catgirl
regarding free goodies
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2005, 09:51:12 am »
Wow...weird people with no manners.  Like they could possibly know anything about us.  But, yeah, Free stuff!  

I was at the mall with my mom a couple of months ago, and I went to go look at the Gamecube games, and I won a Baten Kaitos (sp?) wall scroll.  I so want to own that game!

~*~Member of Cannot Unsee~*~

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
regarding free goodies
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2005, 12:09:09 am »
Quote from: "hikaru_maxwell"
I was at the mall with my mom a couple of months ago, and I went to go look at the Gamecube games, and I won a Baten Kaitos (sp?) wall scroll.

How did that happen?

Offline Irnogs

• Chibi
Re: regarding free goodies
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2005, 09:10:52 am »
Quote from: "superjaz3p"
like the cards with pics of anime from kumoricon and lan partys i use them to decorate my binder and i try no to use picsa from anime i don't know (remeber joe's harlem of men story..)when i got a cool shirt from the lanime (ff11 on one side properly equiped on other) i wore and a guy in my class who knows computers is all questioning me (they type that don't wait for a responce) saying do you even have a bla bla do you even know what a bla bla or what that company bla bla and i'm like its a cool shirt with a ffx1 pic on it and its black and it fits, funny thing is he didn't even make an effort to tell me or let me ask about

I don't really know what his problem would be anyway. You say he knows computers, but if he's trying to argue over an NVidia shirt my guess is he doesn't know what he's talking about. NVidia makes some of the best video cards out there, and the benchmarks don't lie. If you see him again you can tell him that I think he wouldn't know a good video card if it hit upside the head (poor video card). Hehe, and that coming from a loyal ATI fan!

Offline shadowfox

• Catgirl
^.~
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2005, 11:20:16 am »
so...what is the best thing that you guys recieved for free? for me, its still the cd soundtrack that came with a movie (dont ask what it was, i dont remember ^_^; )

Offline rarnom

• Chibi
Re: ^.~
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2005, 12:06:55 pm »
Quote from: "shadowfox"
so...what is the best thing that you guys recieved for free? for me, its still the cd soundtrack that came with a movie (dont ask what it was, i dont remember ^_^; )

I have been pretty lucky my whole life in terms of winning free stuff. *knocks on wood*, but the one prize I won that sticks out the most in my mind was when I was 13 and I won a VHS boxset of all the Indiana Jones films and that was a pretty awesome prize for a 13 year old kid in 1989.

Offline shadowfox

• Catgirl
regarding free goodies
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2005, 12:16:51 pm »
O.O thats still a pretty good prize for nowadays ^_^ though i've never even seen the Indiana Jones series yet ^///^ i still didn't see the very first star wars movie ^///^

Offline rarnom

• Chibi
regarding free goodies
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2005, 02:13:36 pm »
O.O thats still a pretty good prize for nowadays ^_^ though i've never even seen the Indiana Jones series yet ^///^ i still didn't see the very first star wars movie ^///^

Oh man, those are a must see.  I would recommend the first one (Raiders of the Lost Ark) over the other two though.

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
regarding free goodies
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2005, 05:49:33 am »
Quote from: "rarnom"

Oh man, those are a must see.  I would recommend the first one (Raiders of the Lost Ark) over the other two though.

I would recommend the last one (The Last Crusade).  The first one scared me with several scenes but also take in the fact that I was a little kid at the time.

I just remember another prize that I got for free.  Does everyone remember Sonic 3 for Sega?  When I reserved a copy of it, I was given a soundtrack CD from the Sonic game on Sega saturn and a few songs from Sonic spinball.  I think that's my favorite prize to win for free.

Offline shadowfox

• Catgirl
^^
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2005, 12:08:13 pm »
i just need to find someone who has the movies....wait...i think i know several people who has it ^_^;  maybe when i have the time and remember to watch, i dont know how much i'm missing out on ^_^