Author Topic: What are your favorite places to go eat?  (Read 8319 times)

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
What are your favorite places to go eat?
« on: September 18, 2009, 09:53:52 pm »
Okay folks here's a new and rather appetizing thread. I wanna hear from all you anime fans out there just what are your favorite places to eat? And what do you like to get there? Since I'm the one putting up this thread I'll go first.

1. SUBWAY: I admit I love their Meatball subs (Drools thinking about  :D) and their roasted chicken breast I also love. I love to have them put cheese and tomatoes, olives, green peppers, honey mustard and light mayo on it. That is good eatins'.

2. Quiznos: Nothing against SUBWAY but Quiznos definitely makes bigger sandwiches and they're most certainly very filling. One of my favorites is the Roasted Black Angus sandwich.

3. Red Robin: Even though I don't go to them as much as I want to, I just LOVE their big burgers. And I'll admit I'm addicted to their freckled strawberry lemonade. My Dentist actually gave me a coupon for a shake from there and I have plans for it in the near future heh, heh, heh!

I'll tell about more of my favorites later Okay peeps your turn what are your favorite places to go eat. They can be national chains or local places. Just do as I've done.
One cannot truly live life without having a sense of honor.

Offline DemonSpawn

• Bunnygirl
Re: What are your favorite places to go eat?
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2009, 09:57:11 pm »
Nicolas' downtown, I can never spell it right but omg the food is AMAZING.
I miss 2010.

Offline Darknight2433

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2009, 10:00:28 pm »
Nori Japan, Subway, anddd SOMETHING I FORGOT, BUT IT WAS MY MAIN ONE.

What's with me tonight...~?

Offline CloudStrife32

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook, yo!
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2009, 10:03:10 pm »
I agree with Megan on her first two choices.
Nori Japan and Subway, have amazing food~
~Sakuracon '13~
Leon S. Kennedy [Resident Evil 6]
Paperman [Paperman]

oslapedo

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2009, 10:40:36 pm »
BURGERVILLE <3

Offline dshwshr55

• Chibi
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2009, 10:51:55 pm »
Golden China Chinese buffet and sushi bar!!! Lunch for 2 people is less than $18 and the selection is WTF HUGE!!

Offline KogaRyu

• Catgirl
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2009, 01:05:16 am »
Topolino's Pizza
-Best pizza in Bellevue hands down. One of the BEST pizza places in WA.

Zeeks pizza
-Very high quality pizza, always fresh, my favorite in the Seattle/Belltown area.

Ezell's famous Chicken
-Amazing chicken, always fresh, you get a TON of food for very cheap. Best place to get fried chicken.

Moeida Asian Bistro
-Amazing Korean BBQ, We also serve great Teriyaki. The sweet & Sour Chicken is one of my all time Favorites along with the Yakisoba.

Noppakao Thai Restaurant
-Best Thai place in kirkland, my favorite place to get Thai.

Oasis Tea Zone
-By far the best place to get Bubble Tea in Seattle, they also serve amazing popcorn chicken.

Bento Teriyaki
-Best teriyaki in Bothell, great lunch specials.

Minami Teriyaki
-Great Teriyaki! Great chicken Katsu.

Sushi Maru
-My favorite place to get sushi, Dual conveyor belts, Always fresh, HUGE selection!

Sushi Connections
-Great selection, always fresh!

BigFoot Bagels
-BEST place to get bagels in WA!!!!!! Made daily, great coffee! I get my breakfast here almost daily.
I tend to get either the raspberry Bagel with cream cheese or the FrenchToast bagel, toasted with butter. SOOOOO GOOOD. They also serve Bubble Tea.

Top Pot Doughnuts
-Great doughnuts!         Though now that ive had Voodoo, I don't know that I can go back.

J J Mahoney's Irish Pub
-All Day happy hour on sunday!  Tons of amazing appetizers/entrees made even more amazing by being half price on sunday. Great selection of alcoholic/non-alcoholic drinks too.

Unicorn Crepes
-BEST CREPES in all of WA!!!!!

Thenos Dairy
-Extremly Good hand made ice cream.

I'll add more to this list later.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2009, 01:15:10 am by KogaRyu »
Team Koga

Offline makichan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2009, 01:10:57 am »
MONGOLIAN GRILL! <3
"I like the way you fire that gun."
"Thanks. I like the way you take a bullet."

Offline fhqwhgads41185

• Cabbit
    • Myspace
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2009, 01:31:42 am »
^ I work in a Mongolian Grill. I have for years, and its still my fave place to eat =D

I don't much like going out to eat. I much prefer making my own dinner at home. Infinitely cheaper and I can make it more specifically the way I like. But, for food, I suppose IHOP, for their bacon cheeseburger. But for desert Sharis is superior.
If music be the food of love, play on; give me excess of it that, surfeiting, the appetite may sicken and so die.

Offline Meganekko

• Sailor Scout
    • myface
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2009, 01:50:11 am »
I love Hakatamon in Beaverton, such good curry, and there's an adorable bus boy who always is fun to crack jokes with.

Denney's in Jantzen Beach.... its a dank dive, but the food is decent and I always have fun there around 2am.

Gyros Gyros up in the Three Creeks Mall (kelso?) good, cheap, and Austin is smoking hot and a nice guy... nuff said.

Stepping Stone Cafe in Portland... MANCAKES!
If you were gay, that'd be okay.

I'm mean cause hey, I'd like you anyways.

Offline Coconutty93

• Bunnygirl
    • I will reject your reality and substitute it with my own...here.
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2009, 12:02:03 pm »
RED ROBINS. <3 YUM. Their endless fries? EVEN YUMMIER. <3 Their Hawaiian Heartthrobs? OMGYUM. <3

oslapedo

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2009, 12:19:27 pm »
^ Aye must agree with my matey on this plunderin' food front. Red Robins has, in my seafaring opinion, tha best potatoes this lad's ever seen! I'd loot from them every day if only my vessel had not been stolen away by some treacherous thieves <3

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2009, 02:38:44 pm »
Red Robins
Izzy's
Old Country
Applebees
Quiznos
And ohhh how I miss eating at Taco Bell.

Attendee since: 2004
Volunteer since: 2010
Staffer since: 2012

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2009, 06:22:10 pm »
In-and-Out Burger as far as fast food goes. <3 Subway and Taco Bell are good, too.

Shari's has amazing pie.

As for pizza, there are two places that are my standards: Seniore's Pizza and Pizza Guru.

._. I hate how a few of these are only in California.
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline Darknight2433

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2009, 07:09:12 pm »
I like Wendys a lot. Fast food hurts my tummy, but they have gooood food. *0*

Offline Dubaby

• Catgirl
    • My Cosplay.com account
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2009, 07:28:53 pm »
There's a place in my area called Meconi's and they have hands down the most delicious sub sandwiches I have ever tasted.... the owner lady always gives me a super thick sandwich when I go in because she thinks I'm funny.

There's also place called The Mayan that has AMAZING Jalisco-Mexican food. It cracks me up when we go there because my dad knows like all the workers (he and his friends go there Monday nights for football games) so they always give us a bunch of free stuff and a couple bags of chips and salsa to go =3

My all time favorite place though was a diner downtown called The Reef that my friends and I used to go to at least 3 times a week, and all the people there were super nice and the food was not only delicious but cheap. We used to go there around midnight because it was open until 4am and chill with all sorts of random people, but it caught on fire almost a year ago.... I still miss that place ='[
« Last Edit: September 20, 2009, 07:31:02 pm by Dubaby »
Junior Cadet of TD BRO CHAD

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2009, 09:15:59 pm »
um this to me is a sad sad subject as I am cursed with bad service at eatting establishments
seriously ask any one I know, it is scary, I have been told I need to write a book about it

I am the cook at home, I am pretty good if i do say so myself but so I while I love to cook, really like to eat out for a break esp since I cook at work too, I have fave places and yet problems with them
red robins, dang near impossible to get my burger order right,  and half the time my fries are under done, love their fries and shakes and clam chowder

hakatamon, at uwaji's, I really like the butashogoyaki, and their tempura shrimp is the yum!
bad, rice is paste like really often, have had miso bowl 1/3 less filled then rest of my group, under done pork and onions when asked for no onions on many occations, sad thing is there is one waitress who knows my order and when she is there she is like usual? (temusu onigiri, the yaki no onions and a mt when the meal is ready, sometimes tempura instead of the onigiri)
Wait! golden crown accros from uwajis, my fave place for bbq pork, dinning in service not the best but the take out service rocks!!!

superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2009, 04:56:59 pm »
There aren't really many good restaurants in Eugene, but...
Toshi's Ramen in Eugene is good.
China Wok in Creswell is good, maybe too much sauce, and too Americanized a menu. Weird as the cook/chef? is from mainland China.
Maple Garden on the UO campus is a good place to get some good quick Chinese lunch.
I think the no good eats in Eugene is from it being founded by New Englanders. As long as there is plenty of food for cheap, it's good enough. oh ick.

Libby's in Milwaukie! Love it! May look like it came from the 50s, but all the food is hand made there, even the bread and rolls. Get a bucket of steamer clams! Per person if you love them as I do. Sad I don't live like 1/2 mile from there as I used to do. sigh.
Biscuit's in Oregon City is a good breakfast place. Or at least was. Haven't been there in over a year. It's hard to eat in places that are so far away now.

Hood River has lots of really nice places to eat in the downtown area. Cost you arms and legs though. And it may be up there on the fru-fru scale.

Have Fun

Jay

Offline Sakis01

• Catgirl
    • Myspace profile :)
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2009, 06:15:33 pm »
Melting Pot <----- expensive? yes, delicious? DEFINITELY!!!

Kappaya <---- It's sushi, even better, IT'S REALLY GOOD SUSHI!!!

Tony Bento <---- Yet another good place to get good sushi.

Outback Steak House <---- Most orgasmic place to have steak.

Country Bills <--- Another good steak place.

I usually don't like fast food places. xD

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2009, 07:21:14 pm »
I like having a Saylor's Porterhouse steak, even if I have to take about 1/2 of it home as leftovers. I just can't eat a 24 oz. steak anymore. Thank goodness for small favors eh?
Have Fun

Jay

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2009, 11:36:40 pm »
tho the best place to eat is my house when I make BBQ bacon wrapped shrimp
OMG!!! I must have cracked the recipe for awesomeness cuz they are the best, 
I am almost afraid that I am addicted to them, cuz i make them for everyone but i want to eat them all!!

Offline Wuntvor

• Catgirl
    • http://wuntvor.home.comcast.net/anime_list.htm
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2009, 04:45:54 pm »
I live in Eugene and there are really only a couple of places we ever go.  The Empire Buffet on Franklin Blvd near the U of O is probably our all time favorite for price, quality of food and quantity of food.  No other place you can go and order an alcoholic beverage (they have a bar), eat sushi, eat Alaskan king crab legs, (all you can eat) eat shrimp (again all you can eat)  in fried battered or suace formats, and of course have egg flower soup, rice, and other standards of the chinese restaurant with a bottomless glass of pop, all for less than $15 a person.  The next closest competitor would be The Hometown Buffet in the Gateway Mall in Springfield.  About the same price, maybe a bit more, but the food is different for different days, so we tend to only go on certain days of the week.  For Pizza we have been buying ours from Leonardi's in the WinCo on Barger in Eugene.  For a $1 more they will bake it for you.  I love their BBQ Chicken pizza, and they often have specials.  I can get a large pizza for between $12 and $15 baked depending on the type and whatever special is running that week.  We also like to go to the Jungs Mongolian Grill on W11th by Target in Eugene.  I like making mine extra spicy and serving it in the wraps they provide, with just a bit of Hoeisen Sauce.  YUM!

When visiting my family on the coast we go to two places.  The Crestview Golf Club on Crestline Rd in Waldport serves some of the best ribs and steak dishes of anyplace I have ever been.  They have a restaurant that is open to the public a couple of days each week.  I think Thursday and Friday.  If you are ever in Waldport you have to try them!  The other place is the Kam Meng Chinese Restaurant 4424 N Coast Hwy 101 Newport,OR  97365.  This is the absolute best Chinese restaurant I have ever been in.  Period.  Even the fortune cookies taste great!  I usually get the General Tsao Chicken, Shrimp, pork fried rice, and crab puffs.   ;D
« Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 05:00:12 pm by Wuntvor »
(\,@/)  Quote from -  Rock & Rule
(=','=)  Stretch: MOK! Don't let him get us!  He'll put a heck on me!
 //_\\   Dizzy:    Hexx, Stretch.  Hexx.
  d b    Stretch: Aw!  Two of them!  That's even worse!

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2009, 05:42:56 pm »
Anyone know if Cafe Francais exists somewhere? They were first in Winchester, then moved to Florence, and now ...??? I love it when things taste as good as they can get, ya know?
Have Fun

Jay

Offline JeffT

• Administrator
    • Facebook
    • Google+
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2009, 08:24:39 pm »
Fast food:

Arby's
Carl's Jr.
Jack In the Box - I avoid fried items here though, as this is one of the few fast food restaurants which still uses trans fat-based frying oil
Kidd Valley
Taco Bell

Fast casual (more upscale than fast food, but not table service):

Gelatiamo - Panini, gelato, and bakery in downtown Seattle
Honey Hole - Excellent sandwiches, located in Capitol Hill, Seattle
Il Fornaio Bakery Cafe - Quick sandwiches - sister food stand to the sit-down restaurant (the sit-down restaurant is a bit too expensive for what you get)
Pallino Pastaria - Seattle sandwich/pasta/pizza chain
Panera Bread
Pita Pit
Qdoba Mexican Grill - Best Mexican fast casual - far more selection and items than their more famous competitor

Table-service:

California Pizza Kitchen
Dragonfish - Locations in downtown Seattle and Portland, right next to Sakura-Con and Kumoricon
Jalisco - Seattle Mexican restaurant chain
Johnny Rockets
Original Joe's - Italian restaurant in San Jose, next to the convention center where Fanime is held
Red Robin
Romio's
2023: Website Development Coordinator
2020-2022: Assistant Secretary, Website Development Coordinator
2011 - 2013, 2016-2019: Secretary
2007 - 2019: Website Manager
2015: Assistant Secretary
2014: Chair
2007 - 2009: Director of Publicity
2006: Copy Editor

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2009, 08:48:43 pm »
Outback Steak House <---- Most orgasmic place to have steak.
THIS. SO MUCH THIS.
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2009, 09:30:06 pm »
jakes down town is a really good steak place i ordered a medium steak on my birthday and it was perfect and it was my birthday and it had happy birthday jasmine on the menu

Offline Meganekko

• Sailor Scout
    • myface
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2009, 10:32:06 pm »
muchos gracias ... yummy the 2.97 kids meal!

food on the cheap
If you were gay, that'd be okay.

I'm mean cause hey, I'd like you anyways.

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2009, 07:36:55 pm »
wow. the muchas gracias next to work here, either gets the order wrong, every time, or the food is old and dry. I don't go there anymore.

Jaz! You should have ordered a plate of mudbugs! SUper! I mean that's the name of the restaurant right? Jake's famous crawfish???
Have Fun

Jay

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2009, 10:14:07 pm »
had crawdads once they were okay caught them at the swimmin place , i did have a shrimp cocktail Oh there was this place we used to go to when we were little 20 years ago pappys pizza they had the best pizza n fried chicken with jojos ever !!!! sadly when my parents got divorced we moved and didn't get to go there much then they where suddenly just gone they all closed and my dad said  an asian company bought the rights, So i know some day i am going to find it again i hope even if it is in korea or china or japan, they had self serve ice cream cones that we would eat the icecream then get more, And a juke box and super ghosts and goblins

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2009, 10:30:42 pm »
That reminds me of the time I found a Shakey's pizza in Olongapo city Phillipines, and then a couple years later one in Hong Kong. But I have no idea what is in their old location on McGloughlin Blvd. In Oak Grove.

Okay, I'm hungry now, and I need to eat, as I am thinking about going grocery shopping after work. Or maybe I'll just grab a burger.

This stinks that there isn't anything to eat when I get off work. McDonald's, Taco Bell, and Denney's and International House of Pancakes. Tat's all there is for over 60 miles in any direction! Probbly further. heavy sigh

Have Fun

Jay

Offline Wuntvor

• Catgirl
    • http://wuntvor.home.comcast.net/anime_list.htm
« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2009, 12:03:32 am »
That reminds me of the time I found a Shakey's pizza in Olongapo city Phillipines, and then a couple years later one in Hong Kong. But I have no idea what is in their old location on McGloughlin Blvd. In Oak Grove.

Okay, I'm hungry now, and I need to eat, as I am thinking about going grocery shopping after work. Or maybe I'll just grab a burger.

This stinks that there isn't anything to eat when I get off work. McDonald's, Taco Bell, and Denney's and International House of Pancakes. Tat's all there is for over 60 miles in any direction! Probbly further. heavy sigh

I think Sharis is still open this late.  Not a huge selection, but the food is good.  Kinda the wrong direction for you though.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2009, 12:08:53 am by Wuntvor »
(\,@/)  Quote from -  Rock & Rule
(=','=)  Stretch: MOK! Don't let him get us!  He'll put a heck on me!
 //_\\   Dizzy:    Hexx, Stretch.  Hexx.
  d b    Stretch: Aw!  Two of them!  That's even worse!

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2009, 08:21:09 am »
There's one on Q street. I guess I forget, as I used to cook for one in Oregon City. SOOOO been there done that.
Have Fun

Jay

Offline Darknight2433

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2009, 11:31:05 am »
There's one on Q street. I guess I forget, as I used to cook for one in Oregon City. SOOOO been there done that.
You really know some stuff about OC! Did you used to live there?

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2009, 05:29:20 pm »
I grew up there. First on 4th street two blocks from the old library. Then to Gaffney Lane, across from the school, there. You can see the Christmas trees of my youth still growing there. Then over to Central Point Road. My brother probably still holds the record for longest touchdown pass. He is good friends with Brad Smith and Carl Tinsley.

My mother was a city commisioner. Her name is on the water tower in Chapin park.

I was elected senior class president of 1982, OCHS. The song is actually On Wisconsin, rights held by Sir Paul McCartney.

I love Muno's Bakery. I try to stop by, if it's open when I am blowing through.

I used to waste a lot of time at the Bluff of Rivercrest. DUDE! We had a 4 hour fireworks show there in 1983. Played wayy too much hacky-sack there too.
Have Fun

Jay

Offline DemonSpawn

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2009, 07:34:07 pm »
But I have no idea what is in their old location on McGloughlin Blvd. In Oak Grove.

Yay, Oak Grove! I live there! XD

10 Minutes from EVERYTHING.

Starbucks, Fred Meyers, 7-11, Jack in the  Crack Box, Safeway, IHoP, etc.
I miss 2010.

Offline Darknight2433

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2009, 07:39:44 pm »
I grew up there. First on 4th street two blocks from the old library.
I was elected senior class president of 1982, OCHS.
I love Muno's Bakery. I try to stop by, if it's open when I am blowing through.
You mean the Carnegie Center? I love that place, and live close by!
GO OCHS! <3
And Muno has new owners, now...if you ever drop by, you know the Plaid Pantry going up the hill on 7th street? Right next to it has this new sandwich/wrap place, IT IS SO GOOD.

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2009, 07:07:01 am »
So, apparently I haven't posted here yet.

First of all, Chaos Cafe on the corner of SE 27 and Powell in Portland makes some of the best food I have ever had in my life, and their prices are pretty reasonable, assuming you're not a poor college student.  Poor anything else?  You're set.  I recommend their Bagel Sandwiches, their Lucky Day Parfait, and their soup of the day (regardless of what it is).  One thing to know though: they specialize in amazing food, not amazing service.  A couple of the folks who work there are really great, but there's about a 50% chance the service will be slow, the waiter/waitress will be kind of out of it, and/or your order will be wrong.  In the case of a wrong order, politely inform them of it.  All the staff there are extremely friendly.

Backspace Cafe.  Similar menu (everything's vegetarian, lots of things are vegan, lots of house stuff) to Chaos, but not quite as good, a bit more expensive, they don't tend to mess up orders, it's a consistently long wait for food that isn't pre-made, and all of their staff talk really quietly, so it's a pain in the ass to tell what they're saying.  It's a good place to grab a good meal if you're in downtown Portland.  Their address is 115 NW 5th Avenue, Portland, OR.

Voodoo Doughnuts.  I doubt many people haven't heard of these guys, but I feel like it should be mentioned no less.  Delicious doughnuts, good prices, VERY WHIMSICAL.  Also, they have a second location on NE 15th and Davis now.  Check it out!  It's quite spacious and much better suited for large groups of people.

Nikola's.  Two of the most delicious dinners I've ever had, and furthermore two of the most memorable dinners I've enjoyed with my mother, were spent at this fantastic restaurant on Grand Avenue in Portland, between Madison and Morrison (not quite sure which street exactly...Taylor?).  Their menu is Mediterranean, and is responsible for giving me a very firm respect for Hummus, Spinach, and Tomatoes.  All three of these items are used in such a delicious manner that I know of no words which can accurately describe the flavours.  An enourmous meal here costs $8-$10, and if that's a lot for you, then save up for it.  Seriously.  The food is unbelievable.

City Thai is a cozy little family owned-and-run Thai restaurant in Hillsdale.  To get there from Portland, drive south along Naito Parkway, and take the Beaverton-Hillsdale (Highway 10) exit.  It's easy to miss, so be ready for it!  It's in the shopping center on your right shortly after you pass Wilson High School.  You'll find it tucked away in the back of the shopping center.  Anyway, you'll find yourself entering this dimly lit, sweet-smelling little restaurant with nice tables and friendly staff, and you'll typically be the only person (or people) there, because apparently nobody knows of this place.  Find a table, and scan the menu.  HOLY CRAP, THAT'S A LOT OF OPTIONS.  Something like 80 entrees, and every single one can be prepared with Beef, Chicken, Pork, Shrimp, Tofu, or Veggies.  They also have a ton of appetizers and other menu items.  I think a meal here runs from $6.50 to $13, but I haven't eaten there in over a year, so I'm not quite sure.  Anyway, order an entree that seems good; I really like their Rad Nar with Tofu.  Outrageously good in my opinion.  Also, go ahead and order an appetizer.  Anything that you'd typically like anywhere else.  Egg rolls?  Spring rolls?  Just pick one.  Get one of their sauces with it too.  I typically go for their peanut sauce.
Your appetizer will arrive in a minute or two with whatever drinks you ordered, if any, and you'll see it beautifully prepared and presented on an exquisite ceramic platter that seems like it must have been specifically crafted to present that exact appetizer in that exact quantity.  In fact, it probably was.  Your entree will arrive just as you're finishing your appetizer on a similarly astounding plate, and between what you see and smell, you'll be reveling at the notion of what this fantastic food will taste like.  Work your way through the food gradually, and take your time to enjoy everything in front of you.  Don't plan on finishing it all.  I tend to leave with a full meal's worth of leftovers, and I'm the kind of guy who can devour a five-pound burrito in 15 minutes (as seen at Kumoricon staff preservation 2009), so that's saying something.

There are a lot of Pizzerias in Portland, but in my opinion, there are five tiers, each of which grows increasingly smaller according to the quality of the pizza.
Tier one: Chain pizza - Dominos, Pizza Hut, Round Table, Pietro's, Little Caesar's, Papa John's...all of these chains make edible pizza, but not great pizza
Tier two: Good chains - Pizza Schmizza, Rovente, and I'm sure there are others, but I don't know of them.
Tier three: Indie - It's A Beautiful Pizza, Old Town Pizza, Flying Pie, Rocco's, and numerous others.
Tier four: outstanding - Hammy's Pizza, Joe's Truck Stop (RIP :'<), and a handful of others.
Tier five: Hot Lips
I don't need to tell you about Hot Lips.  If you haven't been there, get there.  If you have, get there.  FANTASTIC PIZZA.  Also, if you like pesto sauce, you love Hot Lips.

A few other things to share:

Chipotle is one of the finest Mexican food chains I have ever encountered, and the price is pretty decent.
McGrath's Fish House serves a lot of fantastic seafood.  Unfortunately, this is an establishment that I can't even fathom being able to afford to eat at.  A meal here runs from $25 to $60...be prepared for triple figures if you plan on drinking there.
Quiznos has a lot of great food.  I can't afford to pay over $5 for a single meal any more, but if I could still drop $5 casually, I'd still frequent Quiznos regularly.  Their bread bowls are fantastic.  Their flatbread sammies are also quite awesome.
The best Mexican food I've ever had was at a restaurant whose name I can't remember.  It's in Salem, IIRC 3 blocks north of Borderland Games.  If you find this place, please tell me the name.  The food was phenomenal.
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>

Offline Sakis01

• Catgirl
« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2009, 12:20:48 am »
Backspace Cafe.  Similar menu (everything's vegetarian, lots of things are vegan, lots of house stuff) to Chaos, but not quite as good, a bit more expensive, they don't tend to mess up orders, it's a consistently long wait for food that isn't pre-made, and all of their staff talk really quietly, so it's a pain in the ass to tell what they're saying.  It's a good place to grab a good meal if you're in downtown Portland.  Their address is 115 NW 5th Avenue, Portland, OR.

I've been there several times. I really like their bagels. P:

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #38 on: October 04, 2009, 05:53:18 am »
Dude, get yourself to Chaos.  You'll be blown away.

Offline Sakis01

• Catgirl
« Reply #39 on: October 04, 2009, 09:33:57 pm »
I'll see if I can. It seems that my schedule is being occupied by job searching and home cleaning.

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #40 on: October 05, 2009, 08:19:43 pm »
SO the Domino's pizza is now gone from that spot on 7th? huh.

Oak Grove, I used to live more or less behind the Bomber! Where Minnesota governor Ventura once lived. I also had a piano teacher that lived on Risley Ave.

The restaurant at the Bomber had good food.

I'd recommend the Maple Garden on campus at the UO. Good cheap Chinese. Better than most other on campus restaurants. But the Glenwood is the best, and you know it when you see the prices. Woof.

Have Fun

Jay

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #41 on: October 05, 2009, 09:21:02 pm »
i know this has been on here before but
in n out had a chesse burger yesterday
it was really good

Offline Sakis01

• Catgirl
« Reply #42 on: October 05, 2009, 09:41:17 pm »
I would have to say that another place to go eat is Noodles at the Clackamas Town Center. I love their pasta~ :P

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #43 on: October 06, 2009, 06:09:38 am »
I would have to say that another place to go eat is Noodles at the Clackamas Town Center. I love their pasta~ :P
There's one in the Pearl District downtown, and one in Cedar Hills off of Beaverton Hillsdale.  Those are the only ones I know of, but yeah, pretty decent food.  I can't afford it though. :P

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #44 on: October 14, 2009, 10:14:36 pm »
Noodles, I wonder if it's the same outfit that has a location in Salem.

There is good pizza in Oakridge, Mountain pizza and chicken or something like that, not too far into town on the north side of the highway. Good little cafe in Pleasant Hill, on highway 58 too.
Have Fun

Jay

Offline Cyprus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #45 on: October 15, 2009, 01:50:30 pm »
Sada's Sushi Bar - Located in Newport, OR between the Ripley's Believe It Or Not Museum & the Waxworks on the Historic Bayfront...has the freshest, most amazing sushi I have EVER had. They have an order called the Sushi Boat where they actually bring you a mini ship filled with fishy goodness...top layer has rolls, bottom has rice balls with fresh sushi slabs as well as some other seafood treats.

Pilot Butte Drive Inn - In Bend, OR near the butte. Although I love Red Robin, nobody makes a burger & fries meal like they do...burgers are huge enough to fill 2 people up & they taste awsome.

WingDome - In Seattle as well as a couple other locations. Some of the best wings ever...lots of flavors to pick from, including the 7 alarm deadly wing challenge...which was fun. They also make killer sandwiches and appetizers.

Peir 41 - I know most people won't have a chance to eat here since its on the beachfront in Virgina Beach. I was glad I wasn't paying the bill there as it was 5 star seafood priced by market...you actually got to see your live lobster before they cooked it...was amazing service and food...once in a lifetime experience.

Will post more later  ;D

Offline NARUNIK

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #46 on: October 15, 2009, 04:26:15 pm »
This cool sushi place at clackamas is good.....Oh! Oh! ARAWANA Tai food resturant...yums curry