Author Topic: ATTN: All K-Con Staff  (Read 5809 times)

Offline pepito

• Sailor Scout
ATTN: All K-Con Staff
« on: September 08, 2009, 12:32:30 am »
You guys rock!!!

This being my first K-Con I was extremely impressed by all of the staff members, I was amazed at how invloved, passionate, and emphathetic the staff members were. I know that being a volunteer is often a thankless job - but there is no reward big enough to compansate for what our staff does for the con. Kudos folks, Kudos.

Special shoutouts to the Yoji staff, especailly those who racked up obsecene amounts of hours in such a short span - you guys rock.

Reg Crew and Pirate Mike - can't belive how quick and organized you guys were - I was amazed at how fast at con reg went.

Ops Crew - amazed at what you guys get to deal with and impressed at the professionalism you maintain  ;D

Maid Squad, Info Desk, Prog - thank you all for your hard work

Staff Preservation!!! If I win Powerball - you folks get a cut for sure

I will be returning in whatever capacity I can and and will do everything I can to help out

Oh yeah - and the Yoji Checking id's on the 23rd floor? That guy was hawt

Back to sleep I go

Offline pyronine

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • My anime list
Re: ATTN: All K-Con Staff
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2009, 12:19:56 pm »
I agree with you fully. The staff rocks! What most people dont understand, is that not a single staff member gets paid to do their job. It is 100% volunteer. I volunteered on saturday, i started out the day assisting a few Yoji's outside for crowd control, on Sunday, I assisted Jude down stairs in the exhibit hall from 8-10 and then we went to the lobby, he patrolled inside from 10-2, i was on the front steps of the hotel from 10am-5pm, yea... he and the other yoji's forgot i was there. i eventually made my way upto the 23rd floor looking for brandon, and got talking to robert for quite awhile not knowing he was the directior of operations. Well, after a while, i found this out, and got my training from him and a few others, after that i was given a voluteer badge and continued to work from 7pm-midnight. well maybe a bit past midnight, but i wont go into that. i then returned on monday around 7am and worked until after the closing ceremonies.

I had a blast, and for the most part, the K-con staff was amazing, polite, and all around good people. Although there were a select few that would abuse their staff privileges. but for the most part 99% were AWESOME
=^_^=

Offline Fevenis

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2009, 03:52:05 pm »
Thanks for the positive feedback.

Offline Mr Silmero

• Catgirl
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2009, 04:08:30 pm »

Although there were a select few that would abuse their staff privileges.

What? I don't know what you are talking about *whistles*
« Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 04:08:43 pm by Mr Silmero »

Offline AllyKat

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2009, 04:12:41 pm »

Oh yeah - and the Yoji Checking id's on the 23rd floor? That guy was hawt

I agree, he was deffinetely a sweety.

I also agree that all the staff was super fun and super cool! Go Team K-Con!
2009 - Attendee
2010 - Facilities Liaison
2011 - Director of Publicity
2012 - Director of Publicity
2013 - Facilities Liaison
2014 - Vice Chair

Offline Nayamashii Koneko

• Cabbit
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2009, 07:33:23 pm »
You know...it's comments like these that my make my husband and I happy. Thank you guys for coming and making the Con what it's meant to be.
K-Con Attendee 04 and 05
K-Con 06 Volunteer (Registration)
K-Con 07 Registration Staff (Pre-Reg)
K-Con 08 Registration Staff (At Door Reg)
K-Con 09 Yojimbo

Offline kylite

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2009, 07:40:28 pm »
all the flames and hate and complaints... yet it only takes a few well timed compliments like this to make me glad I am a staffer for this convention
Yojimbo Assistant Manager, Hopeless Flirt
Work: Monday-Friday 12:30-9:39pm
We don't need Kira... we have kylite.  - randompvg

Offline Rushifa

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • Sewing Madness
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2009, 07:45:30 pm »
I have to add to this, you guys did a great job, even considering all the troubles that popped up!  Special thanks to the elevator yojimbo who kept everything as fair and efficient as possible!  You guys deserve cake, and lots of it!

Offline legoman60

• Sailor Scout
    • M.E.W.con
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2009, 09:08:22 pm »
careful though, cause the cake may be a lie
2008-2010 MEWcon Staff

2008 Kumoricon Attendee
2009-2010 Kumoricon Staff
2012 Kumoricon Attendee

2010 Sakuracon Staff

Offline Tygati

• Cabbit
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2009, 09:27:04 pm »
I'll admit to having a very hard time spotting the staff other than the obvious ones behind tables, but the Yojimbo stalking the elevators looking for the silly string Naruto was wonderful. Normally the elevator situation was tiring at best and irksome at most times, but that guy made me want to stay where I was just for the banter going back and forth. Best elevator wait ever. <3

Offline midgie90

• Oni
    • Facebook, because everyone has one.
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2009, 09:34:30 pm »
Thank you.
I was beginning to worry with what everyone was saying that I had done something wrong.
:)
It's not what I am,
it's how I've accomplished it.

Offline Dubaby

• Catgirl
    • My Cosplay.com account
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2009, 11:57:20 pm »
Just wanted to thank all of you staff members for putting so much time and effort into making Kumoricon the amazing weekend that it is... People forget that you guys have REAL LIVES outside of just con planning and you are volunteering your time to help keep things running, and for that I am extremely thankful.

Working as staff for an event like this has to be stressful, but I think you all did an amazing job and I look forward to attending again next year! =]

Junior Cadet of TD BRO CHAD

Offline pepito

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2009, 12:23:18 am »
What's this nasty rumor I hear about us having REAL LIVES?

Offline Trumby

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2009, 12:49:17 am »
What's this nasty rumor I hear about us having REAL LIVES?
What is this "real life" you speak of!?

I too want to thank all of my fellow staff, this year especially, for at least trying to help run everything as smoothly as possible.

For future reference: staff have vertical badges and everyone else has horizontal badges. Though this year the VIP badges were vertical as well, though I think they were supposed to be in the attendee badge holders? But I saw some of both.

Agreed, that guy checking IDs up on 23 was smokin' ;)

Already said this elsewhere, but staff preservation, ILYGUYS <3

I want to thank you all for putting up with us, as well!

I hope no one had any problems with me, but if they did: I was wearing Snowtrooper armor on Saturday, Sunday until 3, then I was wearing a green suit + green hat Sunday night, then Greed from FMA on Monday. If you did have any problems, I'd love to hear so I know what to not do! :)
2011 New Cosplay Plans: Boba Fett, Hoshi (Arakawa Under the Bridge), Malcolm Reynolds

Offline Mr Silmero

• Catgirl
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2009, 12:54:33 am »
I got a problem I had with ya-

You got out of that green suit on Sunday Night/Monday Morning! When its 5 AM do not confuse the photo guy by changing your look! make me look like the dumbest guy in the whole room when I go "where is Trumby?" and you are no less then four feet away. *playful rebuking*

Offline Slash5150

• Chibi
    • slash5150.smugmug.com
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2009, 01:55:53 am »
I want to give massive props to the gaming staff, yes I'm part of them, and I was in there a lot so I know of everything that went on. 

Everything from being short staffed at times, to having problems come up left and right, everything from Tofu's pads acting crazy, to bag check insanity, I thought the staff handled it very well.

Everything from Tofu's CF's having heart attacks to the staff stepping it up when stepping up needed to be had

BlazingHydro (Dustin) Deserves MASSIVE props as rockband was rocking hard all night long.  ~Thumbs up~ 

And big props to next years gaming staff.  Next year if I'm at K-con I'm bringing three boxes of mana potion and before game room opens, we gotta have a "lets do this" mana shot!  WIN!?
Hey ya'll I'll be starting school so time on these forums will me limited.  I will still respond to PM's so if you need to get a hold of me, PM me or send me a message on MySpace.

GGPO

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2009, 02:10:06 am »
I agree, the con staff was amazing. You guys helped me out a LOT, the hotel staff may have sucked but whenever I had a problem with them a K con staff always seemed to help me <3

thanks again to the staff member who took me down the new way to the vendors hall that i hadnt been told about when i tried to go down to the escalator. I dunno when they announced artist alley and vendor folk couldnt go down that way anymore (thats how we got there all of friday) but the staff that took me there and away from the security shouting at me was very nice and i thank you again <3

Not to mention you guys were just generally helpful. When I wanted to enter the cosplay contest but couldnt because I couldnt find a vital part of my corset, I was told by bronte that they were willing to wait a bit for me but eventually got booted by the next event in that room D: i felt so bad i couldnt find the corset!

but seriosly, things were hard this year and you guys made it run as smoothly as you could. I didnt have a problem with yuo guys at all and loved each and everyone of you I got to talk to for a while <3
returning with a vengeance to K con~

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2009, 04:41:56 am »

Although there were a select few that would abuse their staff privileges.
What? I don't know what you are talking about *whistles*
If you don't abuse your staff privileges, people will become very confused. ;]

Just you though.  Anyone else and it's beatdown time.

As for staff members being human beings with normal lives, this is definitely NOT true.  We are robots sent from another world to make you happy in order to distract you while our creators take over your pathetic world.
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>

Offline Kadaj

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2009, 04:54:28 am »
As for staff members being human beings with normal lives, this is definitely NOT true.  We are robots sent from another world to make you happy in order to distract you while our creators take over your pathetic world.

I knew it! I knew it all along! No one can be this awesome and not be a robot!

Anyways, thank you staff! We luffles you! Without you, we wouldn't have a con and that equals me going insane. You all did a wonderful job and I had no problems with anything well at con. The con staff was very fun to be around and I really loved to hangout with the staff members I did hangout with. Thank you very much for all of your hard work and your time. I really appreciate it and I will love you all forever for keeping this shindig going! <3<3<3
« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 04:55:51 am by Kadaj »

• Cabbit
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2009, 10:30:32 am »
Trumby:

I want to personally thank you for make sure I was sane for the little time I was at the peace-bonding table, until I was snatched away to do reg and other varies chores.
K-Con Attendee 04 and 05
K-Con 09 Yojimbo

Offline Trumby

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2009, 07:55:11 am »
Trumby:

I want to personally thank you for make sure I was sane for the little time I was at the peace-bonding table, until I was snatched away to do reg and other varies chores.

You're very welcome! I try my best to make sure everyone I'm working with stays sane (though most of the time it doesn't really work!) <3
2011 New Cosplay Plans: Boba Fett, Hoshi (Arakawa Under the Bridge), Malcolm Reynolds

Offline kylite

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2009, 12:35:57 pm »
sanity is over-rated.
Yojimbo Assistant Manager, Hopeless Flirt
Work: Monday-Friday 12:30-9:39pm
We don't need Kira... we have kylite.  - randompvg

Offline Slash5150

• Chibi
    • slash5150.smugmug.com
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2009, 03:17:46 pm »
We don't sleep.  Gaming staff consists of cyborg robots that live off motor oil (READ: Mt. Dew and other high caffeine products)
Hey ya'll I'll be starting school so time on these forums will me limited.  I will still respond to PM's so if you need to get a hold of me, PM me or send me a message on MySpace.

GGPO

Offline MichaelEvans

• Catgirl
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2009, 05:09:02 pm »
I can personally attest to rooming in a borg style regeneration alcove. ;)
---
Staff 2007-2010
2010-2008: Website Development (So very very much in the last month before the convention at last; Good thing I'm looking for work x.x and have the spare time ~.~)
2007: Website Administration (Mascot Voting Input, Live Schedule)

Offline AnimeMatrix

• Chibi
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2009, 07:42:24 pm »
It's awesome attendees that make the work worth it ^_^.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2009, 10:08:37 pm »
all the flames and hate and complaints... yet it only takes a few well timed compliments like this to make me glad I am a staffer for this convention

I agree.
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline xcthulhux

• Bunnygirl
    • MAI BLOG
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2009, 11:32:11 pm »
i have talked about this in other threads, but i feel i need to talk about it in this one as well.

saturday night, a friend of mine hadn't taken his meds and had a mental break down. we called the yojimbo, and they were very helpful, caring, and sensitive, which made me extremely happy to be a supporter of this convention.

so i thank all of the staff, and everyone who supports and works with this convention, for helping my friend, and hosting such a wonderful and joyous event.

you all are amazing, and i wouldn't trade you for the world!

Offline camname21

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2009, 02:10:19 am »
You're very welcome! I try my best to make sure everyone I'm working with stays sane (though most of the time it doesn't really work!) <3
How could it work, when were staff members ever sane?

• Cabbit
« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2009, 10:26:08 am »
How could it work, when were staff members ever sane?
Some how I manage to hold a little sanity...and then Con comes around.
K-Con Attendee 04 and 05
K-Con 09 Yojimbo

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2009, 10:28:57 am »
Yaaaay for a happy thread!
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).