Author Topic: 2010 Guest Recommendation Thread - Official  (Read 140688 times)

Offline Rathany

• Bunnygirl
2010 Guest Recommendation Thread - Official
« on: September 14, 2009, 02:32:37 am »
Last year, between forum requests and direct emails to Relations, Cynthia Martinez was a highly requested guest and was actually the most requested female guest.  We got her.  Your requests and recommendations make a difference.  Kumoricon tends to try to get guests of multiple types, ranging from producers and voice actors to webcomic artists and various writers.  

So, let us know who you are interested in.  Keep in mind that *reasonable* requests are very helpful.  Also, general things like what type of guest you'd like to see more of is very helpful.  

[Mod edit by JeffT: Fixed spelling in subject]
« Last Edit: November 05, 2009, 05:22:05 pm by JeffT »
2003 - 2006 Kumoricon Attendee
2007 - Assistant Registration Manager - PreReg Side
2008 - Vice Chair
2009/2010 - Director of Relations
2011 - Return to Vice
2012 - herp derp

Offline AllyKat

• Administrator
Re: 2010 Guest Reccomendation Thread - Official
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2009, 10:18:42 am »
Okay Here Are My Top Choices (As Feasible as possible):

English Voice Actors/Actresses:

Joshua Seth - Has done everything from Akira to Zatch Bell! He is a strong talent in the dubbing
                    Universe and I for one would love to hear his insights! Bonus: he is also a magician!

Tomokazu Seki - This guy needs no introduction, he is heralded as one of the most versatile seiyu
                       in japan, he has worked in a LOT of shojou as well as shonen anime including Gundam,
                       Fruits basket, Cardcaptor Sakura and Weiss Kruez.

Lara Jill Miller - This one may be hard to get as she currently works on iCarly and Zoey101 I believe but
                     She is one of the many female voice actors who has transcended the barrier and made
                     herself known as a phenomenal personality. She is most respected for voices in Digimon,
                     Ghost in the Shell, Blood+ and Naruto.

Tomoko Kaneda - Some may not see her as a very well known seiyu but her voice talents are very
                         Specific, making her awesome to me. She sounds very soft and innocent, an exquisitely
                         high toned voice. She has worked on projects like Azumanga Daioh, Tenchi Muyo,
                         D.N. Angel and Bleach as well as many other voice projects.

Industry/ Production Type Guests:

John Carmack - Really, any of the ID Software team would be fantabulous to meet, building such a
                      phenomenon from the ground up, I'm sure a lot of the gaming groups that come to K-con
                      would pry themselves away from MvC2 for a few minutes at least to here what they
                      have to say.

Hideki Anno - Okay okay, I know, I know, getting the director for NGE and Nausica might be in the
                   "unrealistic category" but perhaps someone from Gainax (preferable someone who might
                    either understand my atrocious japanese or can speak atrocious english at least) would
                    be willing to come to our con? Even a writer or tech worker? Someone... anyone???

CLAMP - Any of these lovely ladies (Satsuki Igarashi, Nanase Ohkawa, Tsubaki Nekoi, Mokona) would be
             an AMAZING invite! They did go to Anime Expo in 2006... I know we are prolly WAY to small for
             such amazing writers... but, we can always ask right? ^_____^

To be honest... I'm drawing a blank on GoH possibilities outside of Voice Artists....

But those are my picks for now!

~Allykat

SUPER BIG EDIT: Did anyone know that the person who ADAPTS most of CLAMP's manga lives in PORTLAND?
                       *Squeals* This'll probably be no big deal but.... it would make it way easier to get him
                        to come to Kumori-con and talk about what it is like to adapt such an iconic shoujo manga
                        style like clamp into something for American readers! His name is Jamie S. Rich and this
                        is his blog! : http://www.confessions123.com/jamie/mainpage.html 
« Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 01:42:25 pm by AllyKat »
2009 - Attendee
2010 - Facilities Liaison
2011 - Director of Publicity
2012 - Director of Publicity
2013 - Facilities Liaison
2014 - Vice Chair

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
    • Google+
    • Cosplay.com account, dreadfully outdated
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2009, 01:56:23 pm »
1) There are two main groups in the anime-watching community: Subbers, and dubbers. In my experience people tend to be very adamant about the one they prefer, and usually aren't very interested in the other.

2) It would be wonderful if we could get one of the Japanese VA's (I'd go hundreds of miles to see Kawasumi Ayako), but chances aren't good that it'll happen anytime soon.

3) The closest we're likely to get to special guests for the subbers would be translators - Yoshida Toshifumi is a great example.  Any chance we could see more, including fansubbers such as the relatively-local Dattebayo?
This is my serious voice. Otherwise, I'm just another anime fan, not a moderator.

Offline murder_of_raven

• Chibi
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2009, 02:05:28 pm »
I know he'll probably be there already but I wanted to note that I love having Carl Horn with us. I would definitely be disappointed if he wasn't there next year...

I think someone important from Funimation would be interesting, especially if they did a panel about Simulcasting or something similar. I think that would have a big unmet interest, I heard just random people talking about the subject in unrelated panels.

Also, this year we had some rather famous AMV Creators, some of whom were GoH at Sakuracon this year and given panels and such. I know they don't exactly qualify as Industry people, but they'd be a free/cheap addition to our lineup and I believe /would/ have a draw. Just look around the AMV forum, some people were excited that ThunderCatLord and rollthestampede were even on the forums, let alone at the convention!

(Modified for slight problems with the forum itself XP)
« Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 02:06:06 pm by murder_of_raven »

Offline Rathany

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2009, 02:50:10 pm »
The closest we're likely to get to special guests for the subbers would be translators - Yoshida Toshifumi is a great example.  Any chance we could see more, including fansubbers such as the relatively-local Dattebayo?

While we are not an industry con, we try to stay industry-friendly.  I don't think that having fansubbers as GoHs would be a good move for us.  We can be more lenient on having them as panelists, but not so much as GoHs. 

(For clarification - GoHs get travel, hotel and food comped.  We also promote them, given them pretty bio pages in the con book, etc.)

Also, I should note that for both myself and next year's Relations Director (possibly me again??) these comments will be thoroughly read, but rarely replied to.  Who gets invited, who doesn't, who turns us down, etc needs to remain confidential.  All that will ever be revealed is who is winds up as confirmed 2010 GoHs.  There are reasons for this ... if people want explanations ... ask me in a week or two.  I am still slightly worn out from explaining hotel logistics and other stuff in 908378897 other threads ;)

However, I will respond when and were I can.  But, as stated, expect replies to be rare but reading to be often. 
2003 - 2006 Kumoricon Attendee
2007 - Assistant Registration Manager - PreReg Side
2008 - Vice Chair
2009/2010 - Director of Relations
2011 - Return to Vice
2012 - herp derp

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
    • Google+
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2009, 07:14:04 pm »
Thank you for taking the time to make the explanation, it's completely logical.

It's sad that the groups which far and away do the most to promote anime and help the community also have to be the black sheep, but life isn't always fair. And I suspect lower visibility might also have its own benefits wrt the risks they run.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 07:15:16 pm by randompvg »
This is my serious voice. Otherwise, I'm just another anime fan, not a moderator.

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2009, 09:29:14 am »
In terms of guests of Honor KUMORICON I GIVE YOU THE ULTIMATE CHALLENGE!!! I'd like to see any of the following voice actors here:

Vic Mignogna: I've seen Youtube footage of him and i think he would definitelly give the convention a big boost in terms of reputation by being there.

Travis Willingham: Another big name and class act I wouldn't mind seeing there.

Scott McNeil: I've seen some of his work and some YouTube footage of him. He looks like an okay fellow who would make the convention really fun.

Caitlin Glass: Who wouldn't want the voice of Winry and (I apoloize if I get this wrong.) Hani-senpai?

Well that's all I can think of...for now.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2010, 07:53:10 pm by Animeman73 »
One cannot truly live life without having a sense of honor.

Offline Pezzer

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2009, 11:22:58 am »
Marcus V Pakiser - Sake sommelier of young's Columbia. he has done the Sake panel for the last 2 years and is interested in a 3rd. I think it would be well great if we finally made him a guest. as well it would be nice if he could do one panel that was all ages that was just his sake lecture without tasting.
if you are reading this i have broken free

Offline AllyKat

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2009, 01:14:12 am »
Marcus V Pakiser - Sake sommelier of young's Columbia. he has done the Sake panel for the last 2 years and is interested in a 3rd. I think it would be well great if we finally made him a guest. as well it would be nice if he could do one panel that was all ages that was just his sake lecture without tasting.

I don't know if that would make much sense... having a sake sommelier as a GoH? I think you are missunderstanding the concept of a GoH.
It seems a bit out of the spectrum of a Guest of Honor, seeing as... very little of Anime is connected to the art of a fine Sake... Whereas, not
everyone (especially those under say...16 at the youngest?) would be interested in hearing about the beauties of a hot sake with the right
sashimi or a nice chilled and creamy sake after a meal. I'm not putting this idea of treating this person like royalty... I drooled over the fantasy
of getting to go (knowing full well it was sold out and there was no way on Flying Spagehetti Monster's green earth that I would get to go) and
try the Sake tasting but, lets be real; How large a crowd and how worth while would it be to have a Sake expert as one of our GoH's? The pannel
may fill up, but more than likely it would be with the same people who will also go to the Sake tasting... Which simply means it's a duplication of
that workshop. (something I'm sure the programmers and operators are tying to avoid)

What we need are creative minds in the field, or people who want to be bigger in the field or aspiring stars/working class writers that are
trying to gain an audience who need presentation, if not the big whoo has of mainstream Japanese Animation and it's American dub over counterparts.

~Allykat
2009 - Attendee
2014 - Vice Chair

Offline Miyako

• Cabbit
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2009, 02:45:38 am »
Totally a random suggestion, but one that would possibly be fun, what about the creators of Gaiaonline.com?  They did create an anime-based website, even if it's not directly involvd with anime.

Offline Mew*Haruko

• Chibi
    • My YouTube. Subscribe! <3
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2009, 06:04:13 am »
I suggested him last year.
But...Vic Mignogna. :D

Offline AllyKat

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2009, 07:59:04 am »
I suggested him last year.
But...Vic Mignogna. :D

I thought someone from Sak-con said he's hard to work with and not worth the time?

I don't know if that is true or relevant... but I believe thats why he wasn't chosen
last year....

~Allykat
2009 - Attendee
2014 - Vice Chair

Offline melchizedek

• Bunnygirl
    • Don't play with fire
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2009, 02:44:43 pm »
Kokia!!!
Yaoi crossplay... is actually Yuri.

Offline bou12345318

• Catgirl
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2009, 09:07:05 pm »
Vic Mignogna 0-0
Kumoricon 2011
TK (Digimon 2nd Season)
Shuichi Shindou (Gravitation EX)

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2009, 04:20:38 pm »
I some how doubt this cause uh well they live in london but I would love to see Kellyjane and Tealpirate who host probably one of the most watched anime related web casts on youtube : P (its called demyx time)

I doubt it though because it would be spendy to get them here.
returning with a vengeance to K con~

Offline GenkiIchigo

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • Genki's DevArt~
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2009, 05:17:28 pm »
Though she lives across the country, I'd like to suggest Christy Lijewski. She's an English language mangaka who's created a few different titles now including 'RE: Play' and 'Next Exit'. Her art is amazing~

I'd really just like to see more American manga creators. n.n

Offline thesirensings

• Catgirl
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2009, 09:20:05 pm »
Crispin Freeman, Greg Ayres, Jessica Boone, Marty Fleck and Kira Vincent-Davis. I'm probably not being very realistic, though. They're probably hard to get.....

And the band Aural Vampire would be lovely as well........
« Last Edit: September 24, 2009, 04:00:23 pm by thesirensings »

Every breath you take and every move you make, every bond you break, every step you take, I'LL BE WATCHING YOU.

Offline bou12345318

• Catgirl
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2009, 09:58:23 pm »
Crispin Freeman, Greg Ayres, Jessica Boone and Kira Vincent-Davis. I'm probably not being very realistic, though. They're probably hard to get.....

And the band Aural Vampire would be lovely as well........
I would like to request  Greg Ayres to XD
Kumoricon 2011
TK (Digimon 2nd Season)
Shuichi Shindou (Gravitation EX)

Offline Wuntvor

• Catgirl
    • http://wuntvor.home.comcast.net/anime_list.htm
Re: 2010 Guest Recommendation Thread - Official
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2009, 11:19:13 pm »
Last year, between forum requests and direct emails to Relations, Cynthia Martinez was a highly requested guest and was actually the most requested female guest.  We got her.  Your requests and recommendations make a difference.  Kumoricon tends to try to get guests of multiple types, ranging from producers and voice actors to webcomic artists and various writers.  

So, let us know who you are interested in.  Keep in mind that *reasonable* requests are very helpful.  Also, general things like what type of guest you'd like to see more of is very helpful.  

I was one of the people who went to both of Cynthia Martinez's Panels.  I actually felt a little sorry for her since almost nobody showed up.  I think there were at most 30 people in there.  That being said I wouldn't mind asking her to come again.  She was hilarious, and seemed to be enjoying herself despite the lack of attendees.  I know there is some video of her on YouTube  She also mentioned that she was good friends with Luci Christian.  Since we already have a way to contact Cynthia we may see if she can ask her friend to come with her next year.  Other possibilities would be Cynthia and Kelly Manison.  Then you would have Lina Inverse and Naga the Serpent.  Or get Luci Christian to come with Hilary Haag, then you would have both Kaname Chidori and Teletha "Tessa" Testarossa from Full Metal Panic.  Possibly harder to swing would be trying to get Sandra Krasa to come.  She is more of a ADR director producer for ADV than a Voice Actor, although she did play Layla Hamilton in Kaleido Star, but that gives us a whole new look at things, I am sure she and Kirk Thornton would have a lot of similar experiences to relate.  I also wouldn't mind seeing  Tiffany Grant, the voice of Asuka Langley Sohryu from Neon Genesis Evangelion and Kaorin in Azumanga Daioh.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2009, 05:10:11 pm by Wuntvor »
(\,@/)  Quote from -  Rock & Rule
(=','=)  Stretch: MOK! Don't let him get us!  He'll put a heck on me!
 //_\\   Dizzy:    Hexx, Stretch.  Hexx.
  d b    Stretch: Aw!  Two of them!  That's even worse!

Offline VampireFangs103

• Catgirl
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2009, 07:26:32 am »
I definitely agree with Crispin Freeman coming. But most of all.....Quinton Flynn and Jeff Nimoy. This would be fantastic! Quinton Flynn does a voice in SOOOO many things, so a lot of people would enjoy meeting him. And he's also pretty famous for his roles of Reno from FF7, and Axel. I think it'd be wonderful to have him. ^^

Also, it's somewhat obvious that I'm looking to meet more voice actors. >.>;

Offline thesirensings

• Catgirl
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2009, 05:06:56 pm »
I concur, I'd like to see Cynthia Martinez again as well.

Every breath you take and every move you make, every bond you break, every step you take, I'LL BE WATCHING YOU.

Offline Zensuke

• Chibi
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2009, 08:37:22 am »
Team four star IMO.

Offline Manganix78

• Catgirl
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2009, 09:17:52 am »
Well, well, well, I was kinda hoping for this to start up all over again, I really did'nt expect it to pop up so soon, but anyway... for next year, since it looks like the Portland Hilton will be used AGAIN, here's my guest requests for 2010!

Japanese Manga-ka(manga creators):

- Hiroyuki Takei: The famed creator of Shaman King and artist of Stan Lee’s "Karakuri Douji ULTIMO"(currently running in the English issues of Shonen Jump).

- Yuu Watase: Shoujo manga wouldn’t be the same today without the creator of Fushigi Yuugi and Absolute Boyfriend!

- Nobuhiro Watsuki: Manga creator of Rurouni Kenshin, Buso Renkin and Embalming- The Another Tale of Frankenstein.

- Takeshi Obata: Hey, he’s the artist behind Death Note, Hikaru no Go, and Bakuman, after all.

Japanese Seiyuu(voice actors)

- Akira Ishida: Name one of your favorite bishonen and this guy is bound to have done a voice for him. Some of these voices he has done are: Kaworu Nagisa (Neon Genesis Evangelion), Chrono (Chrono Crusade), Cho-Hakkai (Saiyuki), Xelloss Metallium (Slayers), Mutsumi Saburo (Sgt Frog), Athrun Zala (Gundam SEED), Shinichi Okazaki (Nana), and Edo Phoenix (Yugioh GX)

- Romi Paku: This Korean-Japanese seiyuu is widely known for portraying tough girls such as: Nana Osaki (Nana), Maki Aikawa (Air Master), and male prodigies like: Tao Ren (Shaman King), Edward Elric (Fullmetal Alchemist), Ken Ichijoji (Digimon Adventure 02), and Heimdall (Mystical Detective Loki Ragnarok).

- Tomokazu Seki: Kyo Sohma (Fruits Basket), Chichiri (Fushigi Yugi), Rob Lucci (One Piece), Moonface (Buso Renkin), Shuichi Shindou (Gravitation), Domon Kasshu (G Gundam), Meito Anizawa (Lucky Star), Sousuke Sagara (Full Metal Panic series), Pierrot Bolneze (Yakitate!! Japan), Soichiro Tanaka (Genshiken)

- Megumi Ogata: She’s mainly done tomboyish roles like: Haruka Tenoh/Sailor Uranus (Sailor Moon S), Sage Harpuia (Megaman Zero), Shinji Ikari, (Neon Genesis Evangelion), Kurama (Yu Yu Hakusho) and Yukito Tsukishiro, (Cardcaptor Sakura)

-Megumi Hayashibara: C’mon, an anime convention without the Japanese voice acting queen would be a crime against humanity itself!

English Voice Actors:

- Kelly Sheridan: (Ukyo Kounji: Ranma 1/2), (Sango: Inu-Yasha), (Hitomi Kanzaki: Vision of Escaflowne), (Nana Komatsu: Nana)

- Crispin Freeman: (Alucard: Hellsing, Hellsing Ultimate), (Itachi Uchiha: Naruto), (Zelgadis Greywords: Slayers, Slayers: NEXT, Slayers: TRY)

- Quinton Flynn: (Axel: Kingdom Hearts II), (Kon: Bleach), (Iruka Umino: Naruto)

- Daran Norris: (Tasuki: Fushigi Yuugi), (Mercurymon: Digimon Frontier), (Vincent Volaju: Cowboy Bebop the Movie: Knockin on Heaven’s Door), (Dark Schneider: Bastard!!)

- Mary Elizabeth McGlynn: (Major Motoko Kusanagi: Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex), (Nuriko: Fushigi Yuugi), (Kurenai Yuhi: Naruto), (Julia: Cowboy Bebop)

- Steven Jay Blum: (Spike Spiegel: Cowboy Bebop), (Shishio Makoto: Rurouni Kenshin), (Orochimaru: Naruto), (Vincent Valentine: Final Fantasy VII Advent Children, Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII), (J.P. Shibayama: Digimon Frontier), (Mugen: Samurai Champloo), (Eikichi Onizuka: Great Teacher Onizuka), (Roger Smith: The Big O)

- Stephanie Sheh: (Hinata Hyuga: Naruto), (Orihime Inoue: Bleach), (Eureka: Eureka Seven), (Mamimi Samejima: FLCL), (Aya Natsume: Tenjho Tenge)

- Laura Bailey: (Lust: Fullmetal Alchemist), (Tohru Honda: Fruits Basket), (Shin-chan: Crayon Shin-chan), (Sana Kurata: Kodocha)

- Kate Higgins: (Sakura Haruno: Naruto), (Taiho: Eureka Seven), (Megumi Oumi: Zatch-Bell!)

- Dorothy Fahn: (Kaoru Kamiya: Rurouni Kenshin), (Meryl Stryfe: Trigun), (Naru Narusegawa: Love Hina)

- Richard Cansino: (Kenshin Himura: Rurouni Kenshin), (Legato Bluesummers: Trigun)

- Jamieson Price: Yukio Oikawa: (Digimon Adventure 02), Jelly Jiggler: (Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo), Yasutora "Chad" Sado: (Bleach)

-Stephanie Young: Nico Robin(One Piece), Yui Ikari(Evangelion 1.0: You are not Alone)

- Bridget Hoffman: Miaka Yuki: (Fushigi Yugi), Jeri Katou: (Digimon Tamers), Shinobu Maehara: (Love Hina), Lain Iwakura: (Serial Esperiments Lain), Mizuho Kazami: (Please Teacher!/Please Twins!)

- Monica Rial: (Hyatt: Excel Saga), (Sakura: Tsubasa Reservior Chronicle), (Lyra/Dante: Fullmetal Alchemist), (Jo: Burst Angel)

- Rachael Lillis: Utena (Revolutionary Girl Utena), Jessie and Misty(Pokemon: seasons 1-8), Kanako Ohno(Genshiken)

- Eric Stuart:Gourry (Slayers series), Seto Kaiba and Maximillion Pegasus(Yugioh!), Brock(Pokemon seasons 1-8)

That's all that I can think of, for now anyway............

PLEASE pick from any one of them, just so you can appease the otaku out there!

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2009, 09:05:04 pm »

I heard a rumor that she wanted to be considered for a return next year.  Whether or not this is true, I hope it is, because I wanted to meet her more than any other actor since I met Tiffany Grant in '06.

My list

Richard Cox - Best known as InuYasha, but I want him because of Ranma Saotome.
Crispin Freeman - Zelgadis!  Yeah!
Amanda Winn - Momiji Fujimiya from Blue Seed, the first anime I fell in love with.
Kelly Sheridan - I like her because she was Ukyo from Ranma 1/2, but she was also Sango from InuYasha, Nana K. from Nana, Hillary, Glitter, and Daisy from Hamtaro, Barbie in those computer animated Barbie movies, and Scarlett Witch from X-Men: Evolution.  (How's that for a wide range?)
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline AllyKat

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2009, 09:06:59 pm »

- Tomokazu Seki: Kyo Sohma (Fruits Basket), Chichiri (Fushigi Yugi), Rob Lucci (One Piece), Moonface (Buso Renkin), Shuichi Shindou (Gravitation), Domon Kasshu (G Gundam), Meito Anizawa (Lucky Star), Sousuke Sagara (Full Metal Panic series), Pierrot Bolneze (Yakitate!! Japan), Soichiro Tanaka (Genshiken)

I said this one too! Yes! Lets try and get Kyo to the con!! *Dies*

I also put my vote in for Kelly Sheridan and Cynthia Martinez (again!)

~Allykat
2009 - Attendee
2014 - Vice Chair

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2009, 09:22:16 pm »
I said it before; but Kanon Wakeshima. She did a big con/concert tour this past summer, and I'd die if she came to kcon. I'd for sure go to the con.
Also someone suggested Aural Vampire, and that would be so awesome that words cannot describe.

Also, I've heard that Vic Mignogna is a pretty big asshole to the staff, con and hotel. And that he's also a jerk to his fans outside of panels, and that he crashes other panels, and that he hits on underaged girls, and that he's generally not a good guy. I would not want him around at any con I go to.
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline BlackjackGabbiani

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2009, 11:48:19 pm »
I want to point out as an addendum to Manganix78's post that Eric Stuart is also a musician (and a damned good one too).

Anyway, since he already said my most wanted (Jamieson Price--to name two more roles, he's also the count in Gankotsuo and Reeve in the FF7 expansions), I'll add on that I want to see Sean Schemmel again. I didn't properly appreciate him first time he came, but since gained some massive respect for him due to some more recent roles (namely, Cyrus from Pokémon and Onsokumaru from Ninja Nonsense. Talk about complete opposites!).

I also want to add Dave Wittenberg. Just look at that filmography!

Offline Manganix78

• Catgirl
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2009, 12:00:03 am »

I said this one too! Yes! Lets try and get Kyo to the con!! *Dies*

I also put my vote in for Kelly Sheridan and Cynthia Martinez (again!)

~Allykat

Thank you! Do you have any other suggestions for next year?

I want to point out as an addendum to Manganix78's post that Eric Stuart is also a musician (and a damned good one too).

Anyway, since he already said my most wanted (Jamieson Price--to name two more roles, he's also the count in Gankotsuo and Reeve in the FF7 expansions), I'll add on that I want to see Sean Schemmel again. I didn't properly appreciate him first time he came, but since gained some massive respect for him due to some more recent roles (namely, Cyrus from Pokémon and Onsokumaru from Ninja Nonsense. Talk about complete opposites!).

I also want to add Dave Wittenberg. Just look at that filmography!

I agree with you for both of them hopefully getting a chance to show up for next year. Also, thanks for mentioning Dave Wittenberg as a possible guest!

Offline Manganix78

• Catgirl
« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2009, 12:12:23 am »

I heard a rumor that she wanted to be considered for a return next year.  Whether or not this is true, I hope it is, because I wanted to meet her more than any other actor since I met Tiffany Grant in '06.

My list

Richard Cox - Best known as InuYasha, but I want him because of Ranma Saotome.
Crispin Freeman - Zelgadis!  Yeah!
Amanda Winn - Momiji Fujimiya from Blue Seed, the first anime I fell in love with.
Kelly Sheridan - I like her because she was Ukyo from Ranma 1/2, but she was also Sango from InuYasha, Nana K. from Nana, Hillary, Glitter, and Daisy from Hamtaro, Barbie in those computer animated Barbie movies, and Scarlett Witch from X-Men: Evolution.  (How's that for a wide range?)

I also mentioned Crispin Freeman too! Let's hope that he can come next year! Also, kudos to you for recommending both Richard Cox and Kelly Sheridan, we need to see some Canadian voice actors at this con. Also, have you thought about adding Brad Sawaile(Light Yagami: Death Note, Mousse: Ranma 1/2, Megaman NT Warrior: Lan Hikari) and Cathy Weseluck (Near: Death Note, Shampoo: Ranma 1/2) to your list?

Offline AllyKat

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2009, 12:19:31 am »

Thank you! Do you have any other suggestions for next year?

I posted my ideas on this thing already... it was the first reply:

http://www.kumoricon.org/forums/index.php?topic=11430.msg472576#msg472576

I can't think of really any others..... I was trying to think of people who live nearby in
the northwest but... it's really tough to figure that kind of stuff out.... I'll keep looking, but
I really like the idea of, if possible 1 or 2 seiyu and 1 or 2 VA's as well as an industry person!

~Allykat
2009 - Attendee
2014 - Vice Chair

Offline Wuntvor

• Catgirl
    • http://wuntvor.home.comcast.net/anime_list.htm
« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2009, 09:04:13 am »
I'm not sure if this is really appropriate for an anime con, but Powerpuff Girls Z is an anime now, hmmm..   :-\  Years ago my wife interviewed Lauren Faust for our Cats Don't Dance website - Cat Chat.  She was one of the animators of Sawyer the cat.  Anyway she later became the supervising director and storyboard artist of The Powerpuff Girls.  She is now married to Craig McCracken creator of both The Powerpuff Girls and Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends,  in fact Frankie in Foster's is based on her.  We still have her contact info.... I think  ???  If she did come she would probably promote her new show idea Milky Way and the Galaxy Girls.  I can see the cosplayers getting hyped already!  It is just an idea.
(\,@/)  Quote from -  Rock & Rule
(=','=)  Stretch: MOK! Don't let him get us!  He'll put a heck on me!
 //_\\   Dizzy:    Hexx, Stretch.  Hexx.
  d b    Stretch: Aw!  Two of them!  That's even worse!

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2009, 09:31:39 am »
You know inviting Laura Bailey wouldn't be such a bad idea either but I still have my 5 choices in terms of voice actors (See my previous comments).
« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 10:49:23 am by Animeman73 »

Offline Manganix78

• Catgirl
« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2009, 09:40:32 am »
You know inviting Laura Bailey wouldn't be such a bad idea either but I still have my 5 choices in tewrms of voice actors (See my previous comments).

Not bad, but I would personally choose either Vic Mignogna and/or Travis Willingham to possibly attend next year.....

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2009, 10:11:15 am »
Actually Manganix78, I also recommended them as well back in section 1 of this thread.

But your recommendations are still absolutely awesome!
« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 10:13:39 am by Animeman73 »

Offline Manganix78

• Catgirl
« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2009, 10:26:18 am »
Actually Manganix78, I also recommended them as well back in section 1 of this thread.

But your recommendations are still absolutely awesome!

Really? Describe to me which ones that you would like to see the most.

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2009, 10:53:02 am »
Ask and ye' shall recieve.

Back in Section 1 I requested Vic Mignogna and Travis Willingham.

I also requested Scott McNeil and Caitlin Glass. I didn't think of Laura Bailey at the time I must admit. But she's definitely a good choice.

Offline murder_of_raven

• Chibi
« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2009, 11:10:39 am »
I'm not sure if this is really appropriate for an anime con, but Powerpuff Girls Z is an anime now, hmmm..   :-\  Years ago my wife interviewed Lauren Faust for our Cats Don't Dance website - Cat Chat.  She was one of the animators of Sawyer the cat.  Anyway she later became the supervising director and storyboard artist of The Powerpuff Girls.  She is now married to Craig McCracken creator of both The Powerpuff Girls and Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends,  in fact Frankie in Foster's is based on her.  We still have her contact info.... I think  ???  If she did come she would probably promote her new show idea Milky Way and the Galaxy Girls.  I can see the cosplayers getting hyped already!  It is just an idea.

Usually I am uninterested in people who have little or nothing to do with the Japanese industry (this includes English voice-actors in my mind) but I would actually be extremely pleased to meet Lauren Faust. I think we have some precedent here as well, considering we do get Phil and Kaja Foglio each year. Who knows if it'll work out, but I definitely second this nomination =3

Offline Raveen92

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2009, 08:30:56 am »
Vic Mignogna and Travis Willingham. We could have an epic Mini-skirt Army versus the Risembool Rangers. Plus It would be a very popular panel.

I wouldn't mind seeing Laura Bailey come as well.
Kumoricon 2016 Hopes
Human Creeper (Minecraft)- 100% Casual
Phi (Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward)- 95%
Musa (Winx Club: Season 1 Fairy) - 0%
Amy Wong (Futurama) - 0%
???

Offline AnimeMatrix

• Chibi
« Reply #38 on: October 03, 2009, 10:48:16 am »

I don't know if that would make much sense... having a sake sommelier as a GoH? I think you are missunderstanding the concept of a GoH.
It seems a bit out of the spectrum of a Guest of Honor, seeing as... very little of Anime is connected to the art of a fine Sake... Whereas, not
everyone (especially those under say...16 at the youngest?) would be interested in hearing about the beauties of a hot sake with the right
sashimi or a nice chilled and creamy sake after a meal. I'm not putting this idea of treating this person like royalty... I drooled over the fantasy
of getting to go (knowing full well it was sold out and there was no way on Flying Spagehetti Monster's green earth that I would get to go) and
try the Sake tasting but, lets be real; How large a crowd and how worth while would it be to have a Sake expert as one of our GoH's? The pannel
may fill up, but more than likely it would be with the same people who will also go to the Sake tasting... Which simply means it's a duplication of
that workshop. (something I'm sure the programmers and operators are tying to avoid)

What we need are creative minds in the field, or people who want to be bigger in the field or aspiring stars/working class writers that are
trying to gain an audience who need presentation, if not the big whoo has of mainstream Japanese Animation and it's American dub over counterparts.

~Allykat

Relations considers all suggestions for GoH's no matter what their field of expertise in anime/manga or Japanese culture is. Kumoricon is, alongside being an anime convention, but also a Japanese culture convention and sake is very relevant to Japanese culture. I went to the sake panel this year and it was very well attended and incredibly informative. I didn't know much about sake before it (other than it was made from rice) and now I feel I know a lot more about it. Also, the sakes that Marcus brought were really good ^_^.

(Of course, who gets invited and made a GoH is at the discretion of the Director of Relations.)

Offline AllyKat

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: October 03, 2009, 03:07:41 pm »

Relations considers all suggestions for GoH's no matter what their field of expertise in anime/manga or Japanese culture is. Kumoricon is, alongside being an anime convention, but also a Japanese culture convention and sake is very relevant to Japanese culture. I went to the sake panel this year and it was very well attended and incredibly informative. I didn't know much about sake before it (other than it was made from rice) and now I feel I know a lot more about it. Also, the sakes that Marcus brought were really good ^_^.

(Of course, who gets invited and made a GoH is at the discretion of the Director of Relations.)

Thats a good point.. I'm just saying... why fix it if it aint broke? The Sake panel was amazing! If they agree to do it again, that'd be even MORE amazing... but I don't know if GoH status (IMHO) is quite what would make that work... of course, it may be a good incentive to continue the offerings of Sake tasting as such so.. who knows!

~Allykat
2009 - Attendee
2014 - Vice Chair

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #40 on: October 03, 2009, 04:34:51 pm »
I'm thinking if I have the chance I might go to the sake panel next year. There are times where it pays to be an adult.

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #41 on: October 04, 2009, 01:04:37 pm »
Why isn't Johnny Yong Bosch on here yet? 

I would get in line three hours early to go to that.  Not even kidding.  Maybe more if I needed to.  I don't even attend panels.

From his myspace: "CONTACT EMAIL FOR CONVENTION APPEARANCES
I've had so much fun attending conventions and meeting all of you and I'm excited about this next year. I've seen my career grow thanks to all of your support. I've also seen my schedule turn into a mess. It's becoming too difficult for me to handle on my own. Therefore, if you are hosting a convention and would like me to make an appearance please contact my agent, Maureen Rose - maureen@osbrinkagency.com.

You can still contact me through my email but I will most likely forward it to her as she will better understand my work schedule.

Thanks a bunch ;) <---I know this represents a wink but I like to think of it as a half asian...like me!"

Anyways.  Yeah.  Cough.  I'm not a stalker. 
lol peer pressure

Plans:
Kumoricon '11: Catherine (Catherine), Nanami (Revolutionary Girl Utena)
Sakuracon '12: Ryfia (Arc Rise Fantasia), other things

Offline AllyKat

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: October 04, 2009, 10:10:14 pm »
Why isn't Johnny Yong Bosch on here yet? 

I second this nomination, Johnny is an AMAZING option if we could get him!!!!

~Allykat
2009 - Attendee
2014 - Vice Chair

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
    • Google+
« Reply #43 on: October 05, 2009, 11:04:09 pm »
I said it before; but Kanon Wakeshima. She did a big con/concert tour this past summer, and I'd die if she came to kcon. I'd for sure go to the con.
Also someone suggested Aural Vampire, and that would be so awesome that words cannot describe.

Also, I've heard that Vic Mignogna is a pretty big asshole to the staff, con and hotel. And that he's also a jerk to his fans outside of panels, and that he crashes other panels, and that he hits on underaged girls, and that he's generally not a good guy. I would not want him around at any con I go to.

I'm no fan of the average American VA, and I was curious if he could really be as bad as rumored, so I did some looking. "Vic Mignogna jerk" and "Vic Mignogna @55" turn up a pretty good bit of hits, but most of them aren't directly related.

Some of the stuff he's done does seem kinda d-ckish, but most of the accusations I saw seem to be that he has annoying fangirls and dislikes yaoi on religious grounds. Hard to blame him too much for either of those if he's not particularly encouraging the former, and keeping the latter to himself except when it's shoved in his face. The signing-some-underage-girl's-panties video really creeped me out, though.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 11:05:46 pm by randompvg »

Offline GwarNekoChan

• Catgirl
    • My facebook! o3o
« Reply #44 on: October 06, 2009, 04:03:56 pm »
CAM CLARKE. <3
He's so cool. 8D
and he's a singer and a voice actor! xD
Kumoricon 2013 was cancelled for me. Can't await for next year! Cosplay list will arrive soon.

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #45 on: October 06, 2009, 07:04:07 pm »
Forgive me if I seem kind of preachy, but I've learned that some accusations and inneuendo should be viewed with a healthy grain of salt. Meaning don't take the word of others  find some Youtube clips of Vic Mignogna and judge for yourself. I actually e-mailed him once, I esstentially let him know that while I'm not a practicing Christian myself I'd not bash his religious beliefs and that he had my respect. He was actually pretty cool with that in his reply. He and Travis WIllingham still have my top votes.

And By the way I definitely wouldn't mind seeing Johnny Yong Bosch here, simply because it would be nice to chat with a fellow Gen-Xer whose done well for themselves.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2009, 07:05:37 pm by Animeman73 »

Offline murder_of_raven

• Chibi
« Reply #46 on: October 06, 2009, 07:34:15 pm »

I'm no fan of the average American VA, and I was curious if he could really be as bad as rumored, so I did some looking. "Vic Mignogna jerk" and "Vic Mignogna @55" turn up a pretty good bit of hits, but most of them aren't directly related.

Some of the stuff he's done does seem kinda d-ckish, but most of the accusations I saw seem to be that he has annoying fangirls and dislikes yaoi on religious grounds. Hard to blame him too much for either of those if he's not particularly encouraging the former, and keeping the latter to himself except when it's shoved in his face. The signing-some-underage-girl's-panties video really creeped me out, though.

And here I didn't like him just because I didn't like his voice acting. :D

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
    • Google+
« Reply #47 on: October 06, 2009, 08:28:59 pm »
Forgive me if I seem kind of preachy, but I've learned that some accusations and inneuendo should be viewed with a healthy grain of salt. Meaning don't take the word of others  find some Youtube clips of Vic Mignogna and judge for yourself. I actually e-mailed him once, I esstentially let him know that while I'm not a practicing Christian myself I'd not bash his religious beliefs and that he had my respect. He was actually pretty cool with that in his reply. He and Travis WIllingham still have my top votes.

And By the way I definitely wouldn't mind seeing Johnny Yong Bosch here, simply because it would be nice to chat with a fellow Gen-Xer whose done well for themselves.

Like I said earlier, that's what I did, and came to mostly the same conclusions you're saying. But I still wouldn't vote for him personally, and I still think the video of him signing the underage girl's panties was just creepy.

Offline Raveen92

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #48 on: October 10, 2009, 09:11:50 pm »
I thought I posted but. . .

Travis Willingham and Vic Mignogna for an Epic Mini-Skirt vs. Ranger Panel. They are very popular also, and they need to come as a pair. (FMA, OHSHC)

I also suggest Laura Bailey. She can join Travis and Vic or come alone, preferably with the two above.

Also David Kaye. He is best know for voicing Megatron and going to BotCon, but he has had his share of Anime Characters. (Inuyasha-Sesshomaru, Mobile Suit Gundam Wing-Treize Khushrenada, Exosquad-General Draconis and Lt. Hallas, etc.)

Little Kuriboh from the Yugioh Abridged Series.
Kumoricon 2016 Hopes
Human Creeper (Minecraft)- 100% Casual
Phi (Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward)- 95%
Musa (Winx Club: Season 1 Fairy) - 0%
Amy Wong (Futurama) - 0%
???

Offline murder_of_raven

• Chibi
« Reply #49 on: October 10, 2009, 11:59:03 pm »
Little Kuriboh from the Yugioh Abridged Series.

Although it is also my dream to meet LK in person, he has yet to do a West Coast convention and I doubt we at Kumoricon have the money to fly him out all the way from England. But if it were possible it would make me incredibly happy.