Author Topic: 2010 Guest Recommendation Thread - Official  (Read 141423 times)

Offline Rathany

• Bunnygirl
2010 Guest Recommendation Thread - Official
« on: September 14, 2009, 02:32:37 am »
Last year, between forum requests and direct emails to Relations, Cynthia Martinez was a highly requested guest and was actually the most requested female guest.  We got her.  Your requests and recommendations make a difference.  Kumoricon tends to try to get guests of multiple types, ranging from producers and voice actors to webcomic artists and various writers.  

So, let us know who you are interested in.  Keep in mind that *reasonable* requests are very helpful.  Also, general things like what type of guest you'd like to see more of is very helpful.  

[Mod edit by JeffT: Fixed spelling in subject]
« Last Edit: November 05, 2009, 05:22:05 pm by JeffT »
2003 - 2006 Kumoricon Attendee
2007 - Assistant Registration Manager - PreReg Side
2008 - Vice Chair
2009/2010 - Director of Relations
2011 - Return to Vice
2012 - herp derp

Offline AllyKat

• Administrator
Re: 2010 Guest Reccomendation Thread - Official
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2009, 10:18:42 am »
Okay Here Are My Top Choices (As Feasible as possible):

English Voice Actors/Actresses:

Joshua Seth - Has done everything from Akira to Zatch Bell! He is a strong talent in the dubbing
                    Universe and I for one would love to hear his insights! Bonus: he is also a magician!

Tomokazu Seki - This guy needs no introduction, he is heralded as one of the most versatile seiyu
                       in japan, he has worked in a LOT of shojou as well as shonen anime including Gundam,
                       Fruits basket, Cardcaptor Sakura and Weiss Kruez.

Lara Jill Miller - This one may be hard to get as she currently works on iCarly and Zoey101 I believe but
                     She is one of the many female voice actors who has transcended the barrier and made
                     herself known as a phenomenal personality. She is most respected for voices in Digimon,
                     Ghost in the Shell, Blood+ and Naruto.

Tomoko Kaneda - Some may not see her as a very well known seiyu but her voice talents are very
                         Specific, making her awesome to me. She sounds very soft and innocent, an exquisitely
                         high toned voice. She has worked on projects like Azumanga Daioh, Tenchi Muyo,
                         D.N. Angel and Bleach as well as many other voice projects.

Industry/ Production Type Guests:

John Carmack - Really, any of the ID Software team would be fantabulous to meet, building such a
                      phenomenon from the ground up, I'm sure a lot of the gaming groups that come to K-con
                      would pry themselves away from MvC2 for a few minutes at least to here what they
                      have to say.

Hideki Anno - Okay okay, I know, I know, getting the director for NGE and Nausica might be in the
                   "unrealistic category" but perhaps someone from Gainax (preferable someone who might
                    either understand my atrocious japanese or can speak atrocious english at least) would
                    be willing to come to our con? Even a writer or tech worker? Someone... anyone???

CLAMP - Any of these lovely ladies (Satsuki Igarashi, Nanase Ohkawa, Tsubaki Nekoi, Mokona) would be
             an AMAZING invite! They did go to Anime Expo in 2006... I know we are prolly WAY to small for
             such amazing writers... but, we can always ask right? ^_____^

To be honest... I'm drawing a blank on GoH possibilities outside of Voice Artists....

But those are my picks for now!

~Allykat

SUPER BIG EDIT: Did anyone know that the person who ADAPTS most of CLAMP's manga lives in PORTLAND?
                       *Squeals* This'll probably be no big deal but.... it would make it way easier to get him
                        to come to Kumori-con and talk about what it is like to adapt such an iconic shoujo manga
                        style like clamp into something for American readers! His name is Jamie S. Rich and this
                        is his blog! : http://www.confessions123.com/jamie/mainpage.html 
« Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 01:42:25 pm by AllyKat »
2009 - Attendee
2010 - Facilities Liaison
2011 - Director of Publicity
2012 - Director of Publicity
2013 - Facilities Liaison
2014 - Vice Chair

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
    • Google+
    • Cosplay.com account, dreadfully outdated
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2009, 01:56:23 pm »
1) There are two main groups in the anime-watching community: Subbers, and dubbers. In my experience people tend to be very adamant about the one they prefer, and usually aren't very interested in the other.

2) It would be wonderful if we could get one of the Japanese VA's (I'd go hundreds of miles to see Kawasumi Ayako), but chances aren't good that it'll happen anytime soon.

3) The closest we're likely to get to special guests for the subbers would be translators - Yoshida Toshifumi is a great example.  Any chance we could see more, including fansubbers such as the relatively-local Dattebayo?
This is my serious voice. Otherwise, I'm just another anime fan, not a moderator.

Offline murder_of_raven

• Chibi
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2009, 02:05:28 pm »
I know he'll probably be there already but I wanted to note that I love having Carl Horn with us. I would definitely be disappointed if he wasn't there next year...

I think someone important from Funimation would be interesting, especially if they did a panel about Simulcasting or something similar. I think that would have a big unmet interest, I heard just random people talking about the subject in unrelated panels.

Also, this year we had some rather famous AMV Creators, some of whom were GoH at Sakuracon this year and given panels and such. I know they don't exactly qualify as Industry people, but they'd be a free/cheap addition to our lineup and I believe /would/ have a draw. Just look around the AMV forum, some people were excited that ThunderCatLord and rollthestampede were even on the forums, let alone at the convention!

(Modified for slight problems with the forum itself XP)
« Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 02:06:06 pm by murder_of_raven »

Offline Rathany

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2009, 02:50:10 pm »
The closest we're likely to get to special guests for the subbers would be translators - Yoshida Toshifumi is a great example.  Any chance we could see more, including fansubbers such as the relatively-local Dattebayo?

While we are not an industry con, we try to stay industry-friendly.  I don't think that having fansubbers as GoHs would be a good move for us.  We can be more lenient on having them as panelists, but not so much as GoHs. 

(For clarification - GoHs get travel, hotel and food comped.  We also promote them, given them pretty bio pages in the con book, etc.)

Also, I should note that for both myself and next year's Relations Director (possibly me again??) these comments will be thoroughly read, but rarely replied to.  Who gets invited, who doesn't, who turns us down, etc needs to remain confidential.  All that will ever be revealed is who is winds up as confirmed 2010 GoHs.  There are reasons for this ... if people want explanations ... ask me in a week or two.  I am still slightly worn out from explaining hotel logistics and other stuff in 908378897 other threads ;)

However, I will respond when and were I can.  But, as stated, expect replies to be rare but reading to be often. 
2008 - Vice Chair
2011 - Return to Vice
2012 - herp derp

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
    • Google+
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2009, 07:14:04 pm »
Thank you for taking the time to make the explanation, it's completely logical.

It's sad that the groups which far and away do the most to promote anime and help the community also have to be the black sheep, but life isn't always fair. And I suspect lower visibility might also have its own benefits wrt the risks they run.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 07:15:16 pm by randompvg »
This is my serious voice. Otherwise, I'm just another anime fan, not a moderator.

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2009, 09:29:14 am »
In terms of guests of Honor KUMORICON I GIVE YOU THE ULTIMATE CHALLENGE!!! I'd like to see any of the following voice actors here:

Vic Mignogna: I've seen Youtube footage of him and i think he would definitelly give the convention a big boost in terms of reputation by being there.

Travis Willingham: Another big name and class act I wouldn't mind seeing there.

Scott McNeil: I've seen some of his work and some YouTube footage of him. He looks like an okay fellow who would make the convention really fun.

Caitlin Glass: Who wouldn't want the voice of Winry and (I apoloize if I get this wrong.) Hani-senpai?

Well that's all I can think of...for now.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2010, 07:53:10 pm by Animeman73 »
One cannot truly live life without having a sense of honor.

Offline Pezzer

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2009, 11:22:58 am »
Marcus V Pakiser - Sake sommelier of young's Columbia. he has done the Sake panel for the last 2 years and is interested in a 3rd. I think it would be well great if we finally made him a guest. as well it would be nice if he could do one panel that was all ages that was just his sake lecture without tasting.
if you are reading this i have broken free

Offline AllyKat

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2009, 01:14:12 am »
Marcus V Pakiser - Sake sommelier of young's Columbia. he has done the Sake panel for the last 2 years and is interested in a 3rd. I think it would be well great if we finally made him a guest. as well it would be nice if he could do one panel that was all ages that was just his sake lecture without tasting.

I don't know if that would make much sense... having a sake sommelier as a GoH? I think you are missunderstanding the concept of a GoH.
It seems a bit out of the spectrum of a Guest of Honor, seeing as... very little of Anime is connected to the art of a fine Sake... Whereas, not
everyone (especially those under say...16 at the youngest?) would be interested in hearing about the beauties of a hot sake with the right
sashimi or a nice chilled and creamy sake after a meal. I'm not putting this idea of treating this person like royalty... I drooled over the fantasy
of getting to go (knowing full well it was sold out and there was no way on Flying Spagehetti Monster's green earth that I would get to go) and
try the Sake tasting but, lets be real; How large a crowd and how worth while would it be to have a Sake expert as one of our GoH's? The pannel
may fill up, but more than likely it would be with the same people who will also go to the Sake tasting... Which simply means it's a duplication of
that workshop. (something I'm sure the programmers and operators are tying to avoid)

What we need are creative minds in the field, or people who want to be bigger in the field or aspiring stars/working class writers that are
trying to gain an audience who need presentation, if not the big whoo has of mainstream Japanese Animation and it's American dub over counterparts.

~Allykat
2009 - Attendee
2014 - Vice Chair

Offline Miyako

• Cabbit
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2009, 02:45:38 am »
Totally a random suggestion, but one that would possibly be fun, what about the creators of Gaiaonline.com?  They did create an anime-based website, even if it's not directly involvd with anime.

Offline Mew*Haruko

• Chibi
    • My YouTube. Subscribe! <3
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2009, 06:04:13 am »
I suggested him last year.
But...Vic Mignogna. :D

Offline AllyKat

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2009, 07:59:04 am »

I thought someone from Sak-con said he's hard to work with and not worth the time?

I don't know if that is true or relevant... but I believe thats why he wasn't chosen
last year....

~Allykat
2009 - Attendee
2014 - Vice Chair

Offline melchizedek

• Bunnygirl
    • Don't play with fire
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2009, 02:44:43 pm »
Kokia!!!
Yaoi crossplay... is actually Yuri.

Offline bou12345318

• Catgirl
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2009, 09:07:05 pm »
Vic Mignogna 0-0
Kumoricon 2011
TK (Digimon 2nd Season)
Shuichi Shindou (Gravitation EX)

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2009, 04:20:38 pm »
I some how doubt this cause uh well they live in london but I would love to see Kellyjane and Tealpirate who host probably one of the most watched anime related web casts on youtube : P (its called demyx time)

I doubt it though because it would be spendy to get them here.
returning with a vengeance to K con~

Offline GenkiIchigo

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • Genki's DevArt~
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2009, 05:17:28 pm »
Though she lives across the country, I'd like to suggest Christy Lijewski. She's an English language mangaka who's created a few different titles now including 'RE: Play' and 'Next Exit'. Her art is amazing~

I'd really just like to see more American manga creators. n.n

Offline thesirensings

• Catgirl
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2009, 09:20:05 pm »
Crispin Freeman, Greg Ayres, Jessica Boone, Marty Fleck and Kira Vincent-Davis. I'm probably not being very realistic, though. They're probably hard to get.....

And the band Aural Vampire would be lovely as well........
« Last Edit: September 24, 2009, 04:00:23 pm by thesirensings »

Every breath you take and every move you make, every bond you break, every step you take, I'LL BE WATCHING YOU.

Offline bou12345318

• Catgirl
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2009, 09:58:23 pm »
Crispin Freeman, Greg Ayres, Jessica Boone and Kira Vincent-Davis. I'm probably not being very realistic, though. They're probably hard to get.....

And the band Aural Vampire would be lovely as well........
I would like to request  Greg Ayres to XD
Kumoricon 2011
TK (Digimon 2nd Season)
Shuichi Shindou (Gravitation EX)

Offline Wuntvor

• Catgirl
    • http://wuntvor.home.comcast.net/anime_list.htm
Re: 2010 Guest Recommendation Thread - Official
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2009, 11:19:13 pm »
Last year, between forum requests and direct emails to Relations, Cynthia Martinez was a highly requested guest and was actually the most requested female guest.  We got her.  Your requests and recommendations make a difference.  Kumoricon tends to try to get guests of multiple types, ranging from producers and voice actors to webcomic artists and various writers.  

So, let us know who you are interested in.  Keep in mind that *reasonable* requests are very helpful.  Also, general things like what type of guest you'd like to see more of is very helpful.  

I was one of the people who went to both of Cynthia Martinez's Panels.  I actually felt a little sorry for her since almost nobody showed up.  I think there were at most 30 people in there.  That being said I wouldn't mind asking her to come again.  She was hilarious, and seemed to be enjoying herself despite the lack of attendees.  I know there is some video of her on YouTube  She also mentioned that she was good friends with Luci Christian.  Since we already have a way to contact Cynthia we may see if she can ask her friend to come with her next year.  Other possibilities would be Cynthia and Kelly Manison.  Then you would have Lina Inverse and Naga the Serpent.  Or get Luci Christian to come with Hilary Haag, then you would have both Kaname Chidori and Teletha "Tessa" Testarossa from Full Metal Panic.  Possibly harder to swing would be trying to get Sandra Krasa to come.  She is more of a ADR director producer for ADV than a Voice Actor, although she did play Layla Hamilton in Kaleido Star, but that gives us a whole new look at things, I am sure she and Kirk Thornton would have a lot of similar experiences to relate.  I also wouldn't mind seeing  Tiffany Grant, the voice of Asuka Langley Sohryu from Neon Genesis Evangelion and Kaorin in Azumanga Daioh.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2009, 05:10:11 pm by Wuntvor »
(\,@/)  Quote from -  Rock & Rule
(=','=)  Stretch: MOK! Don't let him get us!  He'll put a heck on me!
 //_\\   Dizzy:    Hexx, Stretch.  Hexx.
  d b    Stretch: Aw!  Two of them!  That's even worse!

Offline VampireFangs103

• Catgirl
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2009, 07:26:32 am »
I definitely agree with Crispin Freeman coming. But most of all.....Quinton Flynn and Jeff Nimoy. This would be fantastic! Quinton Flynn does a voice in SOOOO many things, so a lot of people would enjoy meeting him. And he's also pretty famous for his roles of Reno from FF7, and Axel. I think it'd be wonderful to have him. ^^

Also, it's somewhat obvious that I'm looking to meet more voice actors. >.>;

Offline thesirensings

• Catgirl
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2009, 05:06:56 pm »
I concur, I'd like to see Cynthia Martinez again as well.

Every breath you take and every move you make, every bond you break, every step you take, I'LL BE WATCHING YOU.

Offline Zensuke

• Chibi
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2009, 08:37:22 am »
Team four star IMO.

Offline Manganix78

• Catgirl
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2009, 09:17:52 am »
Well, well, well, I was kinda hoping for this to start up all over again, I really did'nt expect it to pop up so soon, but anyway... for next year, since it looks like the Portland Hilton will be used AGAIN, here's my guest requests for 2010!

Japanese Manga-ka(manga creators):

- Hiroyuki Takei: The famed creator of Shaman King and artist of Stan Lee’s "Karakuri Douji ULTIMO"(currently running in the English issues of Shonen Jump).

- Yuu Watase: Shoujo manga wouldn’t be the same today without the creator of Fushigi Yuugi and Absolute Boyfriend!

- Nobuhiro Watsuki: Manga creator of Rurouni Kenshin, Buso Renkin and Embalming- The Another Tale of Frankenstein.

- Takeshi Obata: Hey, he’s the artist behind Death Note, Hikaru no Go, and Bakuman, after all.

Japanese Seiyuu(voice actors)

- Akira Ishida: Name one of your favorite bishonen and this guy is bound to have done a voice for him. Some of these voices he has done are: Kaworu Nagisa (Neon Genesis Evangelion), Chrono (Chrono Crusade), Cho-Hakkai (Saiyuki), Xelloss Metallium (Slayers), Mutsumi Saburo (Sgt Frog), Athrun Zala (Gundam SEED), Shinichi Okazaki (Nana), and Edo Phoenix (Yugioh GX)

- Romi Paku: This Korean-Japanese seiyuu is widely known for portraying tough girls such as: Nana Osaki (Nana), Maki Aikawa (Air Master), and male prodigies like: Tao Ren (Shaman King), Edward Elric (Fullmetal Alchemist), Ken Ichijoji (Digimon Adventure 02), and Heimdall (Mystical Detective Loki Ragnarok).

- Tomokazu Seki: Kyo Sohma (Fruits Basket), Chichiri (Fushigi Yugi), Rob Lucci (One Piece), Moonface (Buso Renkin), Shuichi Shindou (Gravitation), Domon Kasshu (G Gundam), Meito Anizawa (Lucky Star), Sousuke Sagara (Full Metal Panic series), Pierrot Bolneze (Yakitate!! Japan), Soichiro Tanaka (Genshiken)

- Megumi Ogata: She’s mainly done tomboyish roles like: Haruka Tenoh/Sailor Uranus (Sailor Moon S), Sage Harpuia (Megaman Zero), Shinji Ikari, (Neon Genesis Evangelion), Kurama (Yu Yu Hakusho) and Yukito Tsukishiro, (Cardcaptor Sakura)

-Megumi Hayashibara: C’mon, an anime convention without the Japanese voice acting queen would be a crime against humanity itself!

English Voice Actors:

- Kelly Sheridan: (Ukyo Kounji: Ranma 1/2), (Sango: Inu-Yasha), (Hitomi Kanzaki: Vision of Escaflowne), (Nana Komatsu: Nana)

- Crispin Freeman: (Alucard: Hellsing, Hellsing Ultimate), (Itachi Uchiha: Naruto), (Zelgadis Greywords: Slayers, Slayers: NEXT, Slayers: TRY)

- Quinton Flynn: (Axel: Kingdom Hearts II), (Kon: Bleach), (Iruka Umino: Naruto)

- Daran Norris: (Tasuki: Fushigi Yuugi), (Mercurymon: Digimon Frontier), (Vincent Volaju: Cowboy Bebop the Movie: Knockin on Heaven’s Door), (Dark Schneider: Bastard!!)

- Mary Elizabeth McGlynn: (Major Motoko Kusanagi: Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex), (Nuriko: Fushigi Yuugi), (Kurenai Yuhi: Naruto), (Julia: Cowboy Bebop)

- Steven Jay Blum: (Spike Spiegel: Cowboy Bebop), (Shishio Makoto: Rurouni Kenshin), (Orochimaru: Naruto), (Vincent Valentine: Final Fantasy VII Advent Children, Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII), (J.P. Shibayama: Digimon Frontier), (Mugen: Samurai Champloo), (Eikichi Onizuka: Great Teacher Onizuka), (Roger Smith: The Big O)

- Stephanie Sheh: (Hinata Hyuga: Naruto), (Orihime Inoue: Bleach), (Eureka: Eureka Seven), (Mamimi Samejima: FLCL), (Aya Natsume: Tenjho Tenge)

- Laura Bailey: (Lust: Fullmetal Alchemist), (Tohru Honda: Fruits Basket), (Shin-chan: Crayon Shin-chan), (Sana Kurata: Kodocha)

- Kate Higgins: (Sakura Haruno: Naruto), (Taiho: Eureka Seven), (Megumi Oumi: Zatch-Bell!)

- Dorothy Fahn: (Kaoru Kamiya: Rurouni Kenshin), (Meryl Stryfe: Trigun), (Naru Narusegawa: Love Hina)

- Richard Cansino: (Kenshin Himura: Rurouni Kenshin), (Legato Bluesummers: Trigun)

- Jamieson Price: Yukio Oikawa: (Digimon Adventure 02), Jelly Jiggler: (Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo), Yasutora "Chad" Sado: (Bleach)

-Stephanie Young: Nico Robin(One Piece), Yui Ikari(Evangelion 1.0: You are not Alone)

- Bridget Hoffman: Miaka Yuki: (Fushigi Yugi), Jeri Katou: (Digimon Tamers), Shinobu Maehara: (Love Hina), Lain Iwakura: (Serial Esperiments Lain), Mizuho Kazami: (Please Teacher!/Please Twins!)

- Monica Rial: (Hyatt: Excel Saga), (Sakura: Tsubasa Reservior Chronicle), (Lyra/Dante: Fullmetal Alchemist), (Jo: Burst Angel)

- Rachael Lillis: Utena (Revolutionary Girl Utena), Jessie and Misty(Pokemon: seasons 1-8), Kanako Ohno(Genshiken)

- Eric Stuart:Gourry (Slayers series), Seto Kaiba and Maximillion Pegasus(Yugioh!), Brock(Pokemon seasons 1-8)

That's all that I can think of, for now anyway............

PLEASE pick from any one of them, just so you can appease the otaku out there!

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2009, 09:05:04 pm »

I heard a rumor that she wanted to be considered for a return next year.  Whether or not this is true, I hope it is, because I wanted to meet her more than any other actor since I met Tiffany Grant in '06.

My list

Richard Cox - Best known as InuYasha, but I want him because of Ranma Saotome.
Crispin Freeman - Zelgadis!  Yeah!
Amanda Winn - Momiji Fujimiya from Blue Seed, the first anime I fell in love with.
Kelly Sheridan - I like her because she was Ukyo from Ranma 1/2, but she was also Sango from InuYasha, Nana K. from Nana, Hillary, Glitter, and Daisy from Hamtaro, Barbie in those computer animated Barbie movies, and Scarlett Witch from X-Men: Evolution.  (How's that for a wide range?)
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline AllyKat

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2009, 09:06:59 pm »

- Tomokazu Seki: Kyo Sohma (Fruits Basket), Chichiri (Fushigi Yugi), Rob Lucci (One Piece), Moonface (Buso Renkin), Shuichi Shindou (Gravitation), Domon Kasshu (G Gundam), Meito Anizawa (Lucky Star), Sousuke Sagara (Full Metal Panic series), Pierrot Bolneze (Yakitate!! Japan), Soichiro Tanaka (Genshiken)

I said this one too! Yes! Lets try and get Kyo to the con!! *Dies*

I also put my vote in for Kelly Sheridan and Cynthia Martinez (again!)

~Allykat
2009 - Attendee
2014 - Vice Chair

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2009, 09:22:16 pm »
I said it before; but Kanon Wakeshima. She did a big con/concert tour this past summer, and I'd die if she came to kcon. I'd for sure go to the con.
Also someone suggested Aural Vampire, and that would be so awesome that words cannot describe.

Also, I've heard that Vic Mignogna is a pretty big asshole to the staff, con and hotel. And that he's also a jerk to his fans outside of panels, and that he crashes other panels, and that he hits on underaged girls, and that he's generally not a good guy. I would not want him around at any con I go to.
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline BlackjackGabbiani

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2009, 11:48:19 pm »
I want to point out as an addendum to Manganix78's post that Eric Stuart is also a musician (and a damned good one too).

Anyway, since he already said my most wanted (Jamieson Price--to name two more roles, he's also the count in Gankotsuo and Reeve in the FF7 expansions), I'll add on that I want to see Sean Schemmel again. I didn't properly appreciate him first time he came, but since gained some massive respect for him due to some more recent roles (namely, Cyrus from Pokémon and Onsokumaru from Ninja Nonsense. Talk about complete opposites!).

I also want to add Dave Wittenberg. Just look at that filmography!

Offline Manganix78

• Catgirl
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2009, 12:00:03 am »

I said this one too! Yes! Lets try and get Kyo to the con!! *Dies*

I also put my vote in for Kelly Sheridan and Cynthia Martinez (again!)

~Allykat

Thank you! Do you have any other suggestions for next year?

I want to point out as an addendum to Manganix78's post that Eric Stuart is also a musician (and a damned good one too).

Anyway, since he already said my most wanted (Jamieson Price--to name two more roles, he's also the count in Gankotsuo and Reeve in the FF7 expansions), I'll add on that I want to see Sean Schemmel again. I didn't properly appreciate him first time he came, but since gained some massive respect for him due to some more recent roles (namely, Cyrus from Pokémon and Onsokumaru from Ninja Nonsense. Talk about complete opposites!).

I also want to add Dave Wittenberg. Just look at that filmography!

I agree with you for both of them hopefully getting a chance to show up for next year. Also, thanks for mentioning Dave Wittenberg as a possible guest!

Offline Manganix78

• Catgirl
« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2009, 12:12:23 am »

I heard a rumor that she wanted to be considered for a return next year.  Whether or not this is true, I hope it is, because I wanted to meet her more than any other actor since I met Tiffany Grant in '06.

My list

Richard Cox - Best known as InuYasha, but I want him because of Ranma Saotome.
Crispin Freeman - Zelgadis!  Yeah!
Amanda Winn - Momiji Fujimiya from Blue Seed, the first anime I fell in love with.
Kelly Sheridan - I like her because she was Ukyo from Ranma 1/2, but she was also Sango from InuYasha, Nana K. from Nana, Hillary, Glitter, and Daisy from Hamtaro, Barbie in those computer animated Barbie movies, and Scarlett Witch from X-Men: Evolution.  (How's that for a wide range?)

I also mentioned Crispin Freeman too! Let's hope that he can come next year! Also, kudos to you for recommending both Richard Cox and Kelly Sheridan, we need to see some Canadian voice actors at this con. Also, have you thought about adding Brad Sawaile(Light Yagami: Death Note, Mousse: Ranma 1/2, Megaman NT Warrior: Lan Hikari) and Cathy Weseluck (Near: Death Note, Shampoo: Ranma 1/2) to your list?

Offline AllyKat

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2009, 12:19:31 am »

Thank you! Do you have any other suggestions for next year?

I posted my ideas on this thing already... it was the first reply:

http://www.kumoricon.org/forums/index.php?topic=11430.msg472576#msg472576

I can't think of really any others..... I was trying to think of people who live nearby in
the northwest but... it's really tough to figure that kind of stuff out.... I'll keep looking, but
I really like the idea of, if possible 1 or 2 seiyu and 1 or 2 VA's as well as an industry person!

~Allykat
2009 - Attendee
2014 - Vice Chair

Offline Wuntvor

• Catgirl
« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2009, 09:04:13 am »
I'm not sure if this is really appropriate for an anime con, but Powerpuff Girls Z is an anime now, hmmm..   :-\  Years ago my wife interviewed Lauren Faust for our Cats Don't Dance website - Cat Chat.  She was one of the animators of Sawyer the cat.  Anyway she later became the supervising director and storyboard artist of The Powerpuff Girls.  She is now married to Craig McCracken creator of both The Powerpuff Girls and Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends,  in fact Frankie in Foster's is based on her.  We still have her contact info.... I think  ???  If she did come she would probably promote her new show idea Milky Way and the Galaxy Girls.  I can see the cosplayers getting hyped already!  It is just an idea.

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2009, 09:31:39 am »
You know inviting Laura Bailey wouldn't be such a bad idea either but I still have my 5 choices in terms of voice actors (See my previous comments).
« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 10:49:23 am by Animeman73 »

Offline Manganix78

• Catgirl
« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2009, 09:40:32 am »
You know inviting Laura Bailey wouldn't be such a bad idea either but I still have my 5 choices in tewrms of voice actors (See my previous comments).

Not bad, but I would personally choose either Vic Mignogna and/or Travis Willingham to possibly attend next year.....

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2009, 10:11:15 am »
Actually Manganix78, I also recommended them as well back in section 1 of this thread.

But your recommendations are still absolutely awesome!
« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 10:13:39 am by Animeman73 »

Offline Manganix78

• Catgirl
« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2009, 10:26:18 am »
Actually Manganix78, I also recommended them as well back in section 1 of this thread.

But your recommendations are still absolutely awesome!

Really? Describe to me which ones that you would like to see the most.

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2009, 10:53:02 am »
Ask and ye' shall recieve.

Back in Section 1 I requested Vic Mignogna and Travis Willingham.

I also requested Scott McNeil and Caitlin Glass. I didn't think of Laura Bailey at the time I must admit. But she's definitely a good choice.

Offline murder_of_raven

• Chibi
« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2009, 11:10:39 am »
I'm not sure if this is really appropriate for an anime con, but Powerpuff Girls Z is an anime now, hmmm..   :-\  Years ago my wife interviewed Lauren Faust for our Cats Don't Dance website - Cat Chat.  She was one of the animators of Sawyer the cat.  Anyway she later became the supervising director and storyboard artist of The Powerpuff Girls.  She is now married to Craig McCracken creator of both The Powerpuff Girls and Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends,  in fact Frankie in Foster's is based on her.  We still have her contact info.... I think  ???  If she did come she would probably promote her new show idea Milky Way and the Galaxy Girls.  I can see the cosplayers getting hyped already!  It is just an idea.

Usually I am uninterested in people who have little or nothing to do with the Japanese industry (this includes English voice-actors in my mind) but I would actually be extremely pleased to meet Lauren Faust. I think we have some precedent here as well, considering we do get Phil and Kaja Foglio each year. Who knows if it'll work out, but I definitely second this nomination =3

Offline Raveen92

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2009, 08:30:56 am »
Vic Mignogna and Travis Willingham. We could have an epic Mini-skirt Army versus the Risembool Rangers. Plus It would be a very popular panel.

I wouldn't mind seeing Laura Bailey come as well.
Kumoricon 2016 Hopes
Human Creeper (Minecraft)- 100% Casual
Phi (Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward)- 95%
Musa (Winx Club: Season 1 Fairy) - 0%
Amy Wong (Futurama) - 0%
???

Offline AnimeMatrix

• Chibi
« Reply #38 on: October 03, 2009, 10:48:16 am »

I don't know if that would make much sense... having a sake sommelier as a GoH? I think you are missunderstanding the concept of a GoH.
It seems a bit out of the spectrum of a Guest of Honor, seeing as... very little of Anime is connected to the art of a fine Sake... Whereas, not
everyone (especially those under say...16 at the youngest?) would be interested in hearing about the beauties of a hot sake with the right
sashimi or a nice chilled and creamy sake after a meal. I'm not putting this idea of treating this person like royalty... I drooled over the fantasy
of getting to go (knowing full well it was sold out and there was no way on Flying Spagehetti Monster's green earth that I would get to go) and
try the Sake tasting but, lets be real; How large a crowd and how worth while would it be to have a Sake expert as one of our GoH's? The pannel
may fill up, but more than likely it would be with the same people who will also go to the Sake tasting... Which simply means it's a duplication of
that workshop. (something I'm sure the programmers and operators are tying to avoid)

What we need are creative minds in the field, or people who want to be bigger in the field or aspiring stars/working class writers that are
trying to gain an audience who need presentation, if not the big whoo has of mainstream Japanese Animation and it's American dub over counterparts.

~Allykat

Relations considers all suggestions for GoH's no matter what their field of expertise in anime/manga or Japanese culture is. Kumoricon is, alongside being an anime convention, but also a Japanese culture convention and sake is very relevant to Japanese culture. I went to the sake panel this year and it was very well attended and incredibly informative. I didn't know much about sake before it (other than it was made from rice) and now I feel I know a lot more about it. Also, the sakes that Marcus brought were really good ^_^.

(Of course, who gets invited and made a GoH is at the discretion of the Director of Relations.)

Offline AllyKat

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: October 03, 2009, 03:07:41 pm »

Relations considers all suggestions for GoH's no matter what their field of expertise in anime/manga or Japanese culture is. Kumoricon is, alongside being an anime convention, but also a Japanese culture convention and sake is very relevant to Japanese culture. I went to the sake panel this year and it was very well attended and incredibly informative. I didn't know much about sake before it (other than it was made from rice) and now I feel I know a lot more about it. Also, the sakes that Marcus brought were really good ^_^.

(Of course, who gets invited and made a GoH is at the discretion of the Director of Relations.)

Thats a good point.. I'm just saying... why fix it if it aint broke? The Sake panel was amazing! If they agree to do it again, that'd be even MORE amazing... but I don't know if GoH status (IMHO) is quite what would make that work... of course, it may be a good incentive to continue the offerings of Sake tasting as such so.. who knows!

~Allykat
2009 - Attendee
2014 - Vice Chair

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #40 on: October 03, 2009, 04:34:51 pm »
I'm thinking if I have the chance I might go to the sake panel next year. There are times where it pays to be an adult.

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #41 on: October 04, 2009, 01:04:37 pm »
Why isn't Johnny Yong Bosch on here yet? 

I would get in line three hours early to go to that.  Not even kidding.  Maybe more if I needed to.  I don't even attend panels.

From his myspace: "CONTACT EMAIL FOR CONVENTION APPEARANCES
I've had so much fun attending conventions and meeting all of you and I'm excited about this next year. I've seen my career grow thanks to all of your support. I've also seen my schedule turn into a mess. It's becoming too difficult for me to handle on my own. Therefore, if you are hosting a convention and would like me to make an appearance please contact my agent, Maureen Rose - maureen@osbrinkagency.com.

You can still contact me through my email but I will most likely forward it to her as she will better understand my work schedule.

Thanks a bunch ;) <---I know this represents a wink but I like to think of it as a half asian...like me!"

Anyways.  Yeah.  Cough.  I'm not a stalker. 
lol peer pressure

Plans:
Kumoricon '11: Catherine (Catherine), Nanami (Revolutionary Girl Utena)
Sakuracon '12: Ryfia (Arc Rise Fantasia), other things

Offline AllyKat

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: October 04, 2009, 10:10:14 pm »
Why isn't Johnny Yong Bosch on here yet? 

I second this nomination, Johnny is an AMAZING option if we could get him!!!!

~Allykat
2009 - Attendee
2014 - Vice Chair

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
    • Google+
« Reply #43 on: October 05, 2009, 11:04:09 pm »
I said it before; but Kanon Wakeshima. She did a big con/concert tour this past summer, and I'd die if she came to kcon. I'd for sure go to the con.
Also someone suggested Aural Vampire, and that would be so awesome that words cannot describe.

Also, I've heard that Vic Mignogna is a pretty big asshole to the staff, con and hotel. And that he's also a jerk to his fans outside of panels, and that he crashes other panels, and that he hits on underaged girls, and that he's generally not a good guy. I would not want him around at any con I go to.

I'm no fan of the average American VA, and I was curious if he could really be as bad as rumored, so I did some looking. "Vic Mignogna jerk" and "Vic Mignogna @55" turn up a pretty good bit of hits, but most of them aren't directly related.

Some of the stuff he's done does seem kinda d-ckish, but most of the accusations I saw seem to be that he has annoying fangirls and dislikes yaoi on religious grounds. Hard to blame him too much for either of those if he's not particularly encouraging the former, and keeping the latter to himself except when it's shoved in his face. The signing-some-underage-girl's-panties video really creeped me out, though.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 11:05:46 pm by randompvg »

Offline GwarNekoChan

• Catgirl
    • My facebook! o3o
« Reply #44 on: October 06, 2009, 04:03:56 pm »
CAM CLARKE. <3
He's so cool. 8D
and he's a singer and a voice actor! xD
Kumoricon 2013 was cancelled for me. Can't await for next year! Cosplay list will arrive soon.

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #45 on: October 06, 2009, 07:04:07 pm »
Forgive me if I seem kind of preachy, but I've learned that some accusations and inneuendo should be viewed with a healthy grain of salt. Meaning don't take the word of others  find some Youtube clips of Vic Mignogna and judge for yourself. I actually e-mailed him once, I esstentially let him know that while I'm not a practicing Christian myself I'd not bash his religious beliefs and that he had my respect. He was actually pretty cool with that in his reply. He and Travis WIllingham still have my top votes.

And By the way I definitely wouldn't mind seeing Johnny Yong Bosch here, simply because it would be nice to chat with a fellow Gen-Xer whose done well for themselves.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2009, 07:05:37 pm by Animeman73 »

Offline murder_of_raven

• Chibi
« Reply #46 on: October 06, 2009, 07:34:15 pm »

I'm no fan of the average American VA, and I was curious if he could really be as bad as rumored, so I did some looking. "Vic Mignogna jerk" and "Vic Mignogna @55" turn up a pretty good bit of hits, but most of them aren't directly related.

Some of the stuff he's done does seem kinda d-ckish, but most of the accusations I saw seem to be that he has annoying fangirls and dislikes yaoi on religious grounds. Hard to blame him too much for either of those if he's not particularly encouraging the former, and keeping the latter to himself except when it's shoved in his face. The signing-some-underage-girl's-panties video really creeped me out, though.

And here I didn't like him just because I didn't like his voice acting. :D

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
    • Google+
« Reply #47 on: October 06, 2009, 08:28:59 pm »
Forgive me if I seem kind of preachy, but I've learned that some accusations and inneuendo should be viewed with a healthy grain of salt. Meaning don't take the word of others  find some Youtube clips of Vic Mignogna and judge for yourself. I actually e-mailed him once, I esstentially let him know that while I'm not a practicing Christian myself I'd not bash his religious beliefs and that he had my respect. He was actually pretty cool with that in his reply. He and Travis WIllingham still have my top votes.

And By the way I definitely wouldn't mind seeing Johnny Yong Bosch here, simply because it would be nice to chat with a fellow Gen-Xer whose done well for themselves.

Like I said earlier, that's what I did, and came to mostly the same conclusions you're saying. But I still wouldn't vote for him personally, and I still think the video of him signing the underage girl's panties was just creepy.

Offline Raveen92

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #48 on: October 10, 2009, 09:11:50 pm »
I thought I posted but. . .

Travis Willingham and Vic Mignogna for an Epic Mini-Skirt vs. Ranger Panel. They are very popular also, and they need to come as a pair. (FMA, OHSHC)

I also suggest Laura Bailey. She can join Travis and Vic or come alone, preferably with the two above.

Also David Kaye. He is best know for voicing Megatron and going to BotCon, but he has had his share of Anime Characters. (Inuyasha-Sesshomaru, Mobile Suit Gundam Wing-Treize Khushrenada, Exosquad-General Draconis and Lt. Hallas, etc.)

Little Kuriboh from the Yugioh Abridged Series.
Kumoricon 2016 Hopes
Amy Wong (Futurama) - 0%
???

Offline murder_of_raven

• Chibi
« Reply #49 on: October 10, 2009, 11:59:03 pm »
Little Kuriboh from the Yugioh Abridged Series.

Although it is also my dream to meet LK in person, he has yet to do a West Coast convention and I doubt we at Kumoricon have the money to fly him out all the way from England. But if it were possible it would make me incredibly happy.

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #50 on: October 11, 2009, 07:53:08 am »
If Vic Mignogna and Travis Willingham are there for Dodgeball/Risemball if I have the time I'll say, "Get a bottle of water and some snacks, I ain't gonna' miss this dodgeball grudge match."

If I can I may even take some pictures for my blog.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2009, 07:54:47 am by Animeman73 »

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
    • Google+
« Reply #51 on: October 11, 2009, 10:49:42 am »
If Vic Mignogna and Travis Willingham are there for Dodgeball/Risemball if I have the time I'll say, "Get a bottle of water and some snacks, I ain't gonna' miss this dodgeball grudge match."

If I can I may even take some pictures for my blog.

I wouldn't want to miss that either; if they really were willing to do it again I'd even swap sides and say let's try to get them. :D  But I don't think it's going to happen. I could only Google up references to them participating in the one at MTAC three years ago, although I found loads of forums where people were hopefully suggesting it or where they organized games in which VM/TW didn't participate.

I suspect that, being reasonably intelligent folks, they've been turning down requests because otherwise cons will expect them to do it at every appearance. And VM's wording choice might be telling, when he wrote the song "The Legend of Middle Tennessee" about his Rangers' epic victory over The Skirts at MTAC - if a legend happens all the time, it stops being a legend.

Offline mellonemrys

• Chibi
« Reply #52 on: November 02, 2009, 04:59:18 am »
Hey Dawn! Congrats on Re-election! (was not able to make the meeting due to work and a broken car...)

I know I mentioned it before con this year, and Sandi sent you an email, the CS Staff that did Anime Evolution talked with Scott McNeil some and asked if he'd be interested in ever doing Kcon. He seemed interested at the time, and said to contact him about it. We also talked to Brad Swaile and he replied similarly. I'm fairly sure that most of the CS would be willing to do panels with either of them or get them involved in our various story games.

I do understand that they are both pretty big names, and have busy schedules (Brad says he normally goes camping with his family around Labor Day), so no pressure!

But those are my votes.

-Kate
Kate Fletcher
Assistant Director of Relations 2013
relations@kumoricon.org

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #53 on: November 02, 2009, 11:46:25 am »
I've already recommended among others Scott McNeil, I think he'd make Kumoricon fun. I've seen some Youtube footage of him at other conventions and he definitely seems like someone who would bring some serious positive vibes to the convention.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2009, 11:46:50 am by Animeman73 »

Offline xcthulhux

• Bunnygirl
    • MAI BLOG
« Reply #54 on: November 02, 2009, 12:18:52 pm »
I have 3 idols in voice acting, and i have been wanting to see them for a long time.

Christopher Sabat.
i have been wanting to see this guy since i first started watching dragonball z.
Voices:
    * Aquarion - Narrator
    * Baldr Force EXE Resolution - Yuuya
    * Bamboo Blade - Kenzaburō Ishibashi
    * Basilisk - Kasumi Gyoubu
    * BECK: Mongolian Chop Squad - Preview Narrator
    * Black Blood Brothers - Cain Warlock
    * Black Cat - Zagine Axeloake
    * Blassreiter - Gred Frentzen
    * Burst Angel - Azuma Iriki
    * Blue Gender - Keith Bean
    * Case Closed - Craig
    * Claymore - Galk
    * D.Gray-man - General Cross Marian
    * Darker Than BLACK - Yūsuke Saitō
    * Dragon Ball (series) - Shenron, Vegeta, Piccolo, King Piccolo, Yamcha (Additional Characters)
    * Dragonaut - The Resonance - Gio
    * Fruits Basket - Ayame Sohma
    * Fullmetal Alchemist - Alex Louis Armstrong
    * Galaxy Railways - Leon
    * Glass Fleet - Heizak
    * Gunslinger Girl - Pietro Fermi
    * Hell Girl - Goro Suetsugu
    * Heroic Age - Karkinos Rucan
    * Jyu Oh Sei - Yuuki
    * Kaze no Stigma - Ryuya Kazamaki
    * Kenichi: The Mightiest Disciple - Shio Sakaki
    * Kiddy Grade - Chevalier D'Autrich
    * Kodocha - Naru Naru
    * Lupin III - Daisuke Jigen
    * Moon Phase - Vargas
    * Mushishi - Kōrō's father (Ep. 7)
    * Nabari no Ō - Kannuki
    * One Piece - Roronoa Zoro
    * Origin: Spirits of the Past - Hajan
    * Ouran High School Host Club - Ritsu Kasanoda
    * Romeo × Juliet - Cerimon
    * Negima!? - Narrator
    * Samurai 7 - Kikuchiyo
    * Shin-chan - Yonro
    * Sgt. Frog - Giroro
    * Speed Grapher - Saiga Tatsumi
    * Spiral: The Bonds of Reasoning - Kiyotaka Narumi
    * SoltyRei - Roy Revant
    * Trinity Blood - Tres Iqus
    * Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicle - Kurogane
    * Vexille - Zak
    * YuYu Hakusho - Kazuma Kuwabara, Raizen

Sean Schemmel
I have also been wanting to see him ever since i missed him in '07.
Voices:
FUNimation roles

* BECK: Mongolian Chop Squad - Hiroto
    * Blue Gender - Rick
    * Case Closed - Kowalski
    * Dragon Ball (series) - Goku (Adult), King Kai, Nail
    * Fullmetal Alchemist - Clause's Father
    * Kiddy Grade - Cravo
    * Lupin III: Island of Assassins - Gordeau
    * Samurai 7 - Genzo
    * Spiral: The Bonds of Reasoning - Takashi Sonobe

[edit] NYAV Post roles

* Giant Robo - Tetsugyu
    * The Gokusen - Minoru, Kohei Iwamoto
    * Hades Project Zeorymer - Gisou
    * Kakurenbo - Noshiga
    * Midori Days - Jigoru
    * Munto - Munto
    * Negadon: The Monster from Mars - Ryuichi Narasaki
    * Ninin ga Shinobuden - Onsokumaru
    * Patlabor The Mobile Police: The New Files - Hiromi Yamazaki
    * Piano - Seiji Nomura
    * Sadamitsu the Destroyer - Junk/Helmet
    * Samurai Deeper Kyo - Nobuyuki Sanada
    * Shrine of the Morning Mist - Naonori Hieda

[edit] 4Kids roles

* G.I. Joe: Sigma 6 - Firefly (G.I. Joe)
    * Ojamajo Doremi - Mirabelle's Father, Simon
    * One Piece - Helmeppo, Wapol
    * Pokémon - Archie, Cyrus, Lucario,Christopher (Additional Voices)
    * Shaman King - Amidamaru, Rio, Nichrom
    * Sonic X - Black Narcissus
    * Tokyo Mew Mew - Ryou Shirogane
    * Ultimate Muscle - Bone Cold
    * Yu-Gi-Oh! - Lector (Kogoro Daimon)
    * Yu-Gi-Oh! GX - Dr. Crowler, Ojama Yellow, Aster's Father, Viper (Additional Voices)
    * Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's - Greiger, MC, Zigzix

Justin Cook is another one of my idols, but i can't find a list of his voices.
i know he did Yusuke in yu yu hakusho.

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
    • Google+
« Reply #55 on: November 03, 2009, 07:27:26 pm »
I have 3 idols in voice acting, and i have been wanting to see them for a long time.
(snip)

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=1407

There ya go. His list of roles is waaaaaaay too long to post; he appears to have been in just about everything. (^_^)

(Sorry, mini-rant: I'd highly recommend ANN to ya instead of IMDB. The cross-links they provide make it ridiculously easy to find out where you've heard XYZ voice before, when someone sounds familiar. Or to find new anime that has the same VA, for the occasions when you really love someone's voice. And unlike Wikipedia, they're not spoiler-laden.)

Offline xcthulhux

• Bunnygirl
    • MAI BLOG
« Reply #56 on: November 04, 2009, 12:45:37 am »
(snip)

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=1407

There ya go. His list of roles is waaaaaaay too long to post; he appears to have been in just about everything. (^_^)

(Sorry, mini-rant: I'd highly recommend ANN to ya instead of IMDB. The cross-links they provide make it ridiculously easy to find out where you've heard XYZ voice before, when someone sounds familiar. Or to find new anime that has the same VA, for the occasions when you really love someone's voice. And unlike Wikipedia, they're not spoiler-laden.)
thanks for this. i will use it instead.
anyway, yeah, those are my three suggestions >.>

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #57 on: November 04, 2009, 01:18:41 am »

Sean Schemmel

* Pokémon - Archie, Cyrus, Lucario,Christopher (Additional Voices)

Technically, Cyrus was recorded under PUI since the show switched companies some years ago.

But holy cow that was an amazing performance. I know people make fun of it for the over-the-topness, but when you get down to it, it suited the character PERFECTLY to overact like that, given that it's implied in the various canons that his "emotionlessness" is the only way he can *control* his emotions.

Plus I want to ask Schemmel if he threw up recording that screaming [Mod edit by JeffT: Removed inappropriate language] in the ruins.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2009, 05:16:32 pm by JeffT »

Offline AllyKat

• Administrator
« Reply #58 on: November 04, 2009, 12:32:03 pm »
Just because I'm feeling bored and in a list making mood... here is a list (order from most recomended on down)
Of the nominations for this years Guest(s) of Honor! Please note the name counts as 1 nomination, tallys after
that denote extra nominations! That way people know how many times their pick has been voted for, and so
you know to rally around ones you really want!

Vic Mignogna - llll llll l
Todd Haberkorn - llll ll
Travis Willingham - llll llll l
Little Kuriboh - llll llll
Crispin Freeman - llll l
Caitlin Glass - llll l

Richard Cox - llll
Scott McNeil - llll

Sean Schemmel - llll
Johnny Yong Bosch - llll
Aaron Dismuke - llll
Greg Ayers - llll

Cynthia Martinez - lll
Kelly Sheridan - lll
Laura Bailey - lll

Dave Wittenberg - ll
Eric Stuart - ll              

Jamieson Price - l          Puffy - l
Brad Sawalie - l            Tomokazu Seki - l
Aural Vampire - l           Quinton Flynn - l
Christopher Sabat - l     Team Fourstar - l
Steven J. Blum - l          Hillary Haag - l
Stephanie Sheh - l         HYDE - l
Slants  - l                    Bruce Campbell - ll
Svetlana - l                  SachiBell - l
Jonathan Coulton - l      TehExorcist - l
Tara Strong - l             Akira Ishada - l
Yuu Watase - l             Megumi Hayashibara - l
GazettE - l                  Kellyjane & Tealpirate - l
Kirk Thorton - l             Gackt - l
Kate Higgins - l            Yuri Lowenthal - l

Joshua Seth               Laura Jill Miller
Tomoko Kaneda          John Carmack
Hideki Anno                CLAMP
Jamie S. Rich              Kawasumi Ayako
Yoshida Toshifumi        Carl Horn
Marcus V Pakiser         Chris Ayers
Christy Lijewski           Jessica Boone
Marty Fleck                Kira Vincent-Davis
Luci Christian              Kelly Manison
Sandra Krasa              Michael Tatum
J. Michael Tatum         Tiffany Grant
Jeff Nimoy                  Lanipator
Hiroyuki Takei             Kokia
Nobuhiro Watsuki        Takeshi Obata
Romi Paku                 Megumi Ogata            
Daran Norris               Mary Elizabeth Glynn
Kent Williams             Kate Higgins              
Dorothy Fuhn             Richard Cansino          
Stephanie Young        Bridget Hoffman          
Monica Rial                 Rachel Lillis                
Amanda Winn              Kannon Wakeshima      
Cathy Weseluck          Craig McCracken        
Lauren Faust              Cam Clarke                
David Kaye                 Justin Cook
Chuck Huber               Ali Project          
Phil & Kaja Foglio         Cheyene Wright
Colleen Clikenbeard      Miyavi
Quaff                        Kazha
Sonny Straight            Mike McFarland
GaiaOnline                  Funimation

And that is all the names that have been mentioned so far!

~Allykat

EDIT: Updated to match at 04/14/09 8:06pm
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 08:10:17 pm by AllyKat »
2009 - Attendee
2014 - Vice Chair

Offline Rathany

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #59 on: November 04, 2009, 04:48:29 pm »
Just because I'm feeling bored and in a list making mood... here is a list (order from most recomended on down)
Of the nominations for this years Guest(s) of Honor! Please note the name counts as 1 nomination, tallys after
that denote extra nominations! That way people know how many times their pick has been voted for, and so
you know to rally around ones you really want!

Vic Mignogna - llll

Travis Willingham - llll

Crispin Freeman - lll
Cynthia Martinez - lll
Kelly Sheridan - lll

Laura Bailey - ll
Sean Schemmel - ll
Johnny Yong Bosch - ll

Eric Stuart - l
Jamieson Price - l
Richard Cox - l
Dave Wittenberg - l
Brad Sawalie - l
Tomokazu Seki - l
Scott McNeil - l
Greg Ayers - l
Aural Vampire - l
Quinton Flynn - l
Little Kuriboh - l

Joshua Seth               Laura Jill Miller
Tomoko Kaneda          John Carmack
Hideki Anno                CLAMP
Jamie S. Rich              Kawasumi Ayako
Yoshida Toshifumi        Carl Horn
Caitlin Glass                Marcus V Pakiser
Kokia                         Kellyjare & Tealpirate
Christy Lijewski           Jessica Boone
Marty Fleck                Kira Vincent-Davis
Luci Christian              Kelly Manison
Hillary Haag                Sandra Krasa
Kirk Thorton               Tiffany Grant
Jeff Nimoy                  Team 4 Star
Hiroyuki Takei             Yuu Watase
Nobuhiro Watsuki         Takeshi Obata
Akira Ishada               Romi Paku
Megumi Ogata             Megumi Hayashibara
Daran Norris               Mary Elizabeth Glynn
Steven J. Blum           Stephanie Sheh
Kate Higgins               Dorothy Fuhn
Richard Cansino          Stephanie Young
Bridget Hoffman          Monica Rial
Rachel Lillis                Amanda Winn
Kannon Wakeshima      Cathy Weseluck
Craig McCracken         Lauren Faust
Cam Clarke                 David Kaye
Christopher Sabat        Justin Cook

And that is all the names that have been mentioned so far!

~Allykat

That saves me some time :) 

2008 - Vice Chair
2011 - Return to Vice
2012 - herp derp

Offline AllyKat

• Administrator
« Reply #60 on: November 04, 2009, 05:50:46 pm »
Thats what I'm here for Dawn! I am a time saving, excessive posting, argument-spinning monster!

I devour problems whole! nom nom nom!

~Allykat
2009 - Attendee
2014 - Vice Chair

Offline xcthulhux

• Bunnygirl
    • MAI BLOG
« Reply #61 on: November 04, 2009, 09:28:40 pm »
I am totally adding a vote for team fourstar.
have been following them for about a year now, and they are brilliant.
also adding a vote for little kuriboh, and lanipator

Offline HardstyleZombie

• Catgirl
« Reply #62 on: November 04, 2009, 09:33:27 pm »
team 4 star
christopher sabat

Offline AllyKat

• Administrator
« Reply #63 on: November 04, 2009, 09:35:50 pm »
Okay, I'll just keep moddifying that post then, instead of making new
ones... so... everyone remember this post... I'll try and link to it if
the pages start to get too far back!

~Allykat

EDIT: Modified http://www.kumoricon.org/forums/index.php?topic=11430.msg507781#msg507781

Oh and I got your kuriboh vote down there fluer ^_^
« Last Edit: November 04, 2009, 09:45:43 pm by AllyKat »
2009 - Attendee
2014 - Vice Chair

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #64 on: November 04, 2009, 09:39:57 pm »
I'll also add a vote for Little Kuriboh.
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline HardstyleZombie

• Catgirl
« Reply #65 on: November 04, 2009, 09:59:43 pm »
I'll also add a vote for Little Kuriboh.

Offline Man of the Public

• Catgirl
« Reply #66 on: November 04, 2009, 11:12:35 pm »
Crispin Freeman
Steven J Blum
Scott McNeill (Aka the voice of Dinobot from Beast Wars and Duo Maxwell from Gundam Wing)

Offline AllyKat

• Administrator
« Reply #67 on: November 09, 2009, 07:14:31 pm »
Alright, updated again! woot!

http://www.kumoricon.org/forums/index.php?topic=11430.msg507781#msg507781

Happy times!

~Allykat
2009 - Attendee
2014 - Vice Chair

Offline Hidamari

• Catgirl
    • Reddsause- fandubs, parodies, and then some!
« Reply #68 on: November 09, 2009, 08:58:29 pm »
SVETLANA NEEDS TO COME AGAIN.
Sakuracon~

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #69 on: November 12, 2009, 03:24:10 pm »
I was playing around on youtube, and saw that ALI PROJECT was at Sakuracon last year! So I would like to request that ALI PROJECT come to Kumoricon '10.
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline Unhiel

• Oni
« Reply #70 on: December 05, 2009, 02:57:27 am »
Hmm... How 'bout TehExorcist? He's an amateur voice actor and creator of the popular anime parody "D.Gray-Man: The Abridged Series."
http://www.youtube.com/user/TehExorcist

From my knowledge, he lives dangerously close to the Portland area, and was at Kumoricon for the past two years as a regular attendee.
I think that he would be easy to get, be lots of fun, and draw in a relatively nice crowd. (:

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #71 on: December 16, 2009, 08:10:28 am »
Sachi Belle. C:

Offline agpgirl

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Tumblr
« Reply #72 on: January 05, 2010, 09:10:19 pm »
Vic Mignogna
Aaron Dismuke
Travis Willingham
Johnny Yong Bosch
Laura Bailey
Yuri Lowenthal
Caitlin Glass
Stephenie Sheh
-------------------------------------------
Yeah, not a lot of people, sorry ^~^''' But i'd love to see them (or at lease some of them) next year =D
KUMORICON 2017
Mikasa Ackerman | Pikachu

Offline Cassiopeia

• Bunnygirl
    • Cake on a Plane!~
« Reply #73 on: January 05, 2010, 10:38:32 pm »
It would be awesome if we could get Sachibelle!
I HAVE SUCCUMBED AND GIVEN MYSELF A SIGNATURE! :000
Kumoricon 2010 Cosplays: Kyouya Ootori, Spain, Yoru

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #74 on: January 06, 2010, 04:48:08 pm »
Just in case I need to, Phil and Kaja Foglio.
Oh and Cheyenne Wright should come with them if he can be convinced.  ;)
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline oceanrabbits

• Cabbit
« Reply #75 on: January 06, 2010, 10:55:40 pm »
I'd like to recommend a great guy known as Todd Haberkorn. I have been waiting for five whole years of my life just to go to an anime convention and finally I have my chance. I am begging on my knees to please bring this talented voice actor to Kumoricon. I have been what feels like my whole life just to meet this man, and I've seen him attend many many conventions. I think he'd really bring this convention to life, and really brighten the room up. Please, if you're able to get this guy to come I will be the happiest person alive, words just can't describe how much this would mean to me.

Offline winry799

• Oni
« Reply #76 on: January 07, 2010, 09:20:37 am »
I also would like to recommend Todd Haberkorn as a guest for 2010's Kumoricon. Please, if you could at least invite him, I think he really might come. He's got lots of fans, and I think that if he was at the con, more people really would come. I know I and my friends would come for sure then. He's also really great with fans, very nice, and I know he'd love to come.

He was the voice of Allen Walker (D. Gray Man), Hikaru (Ouran High School), Watanuki (xxxHolic), Yamato (Suzuka), Sergeant Frog, Death the Kid (Soul Eater) and so many others. I really think it would help the con's reputation if we could get such a famous voice actor to come, and then maybe other voice actors from FUNimation would come, too. This is the way we can compete with Sakuracon and the L.A. conventions. So, if you could, please invite him, because I think the convention would be even more amazing if he was there!

Offline murder_of_raven

• Chibi
« Reply #77 on: January 07, 2010, 09:43:51 am »
I really think it would help the con's reputation if we could get such a famous voice actor to come, and then maybe other voice actors from FUNimation would come, too. This is the way we can compete with Sakuracon and the L.A. conventions.

By no means is this an impossible goal but I think it should be noted that this is probably primarily an issue of funding not of reputation. Don't get your hopes up too much.

Offline AllyKat

• Administrator
« Reply #78 on: January 07, 2010, 11:22:46 am »
This is the way we can compete with Sakuracon and the L.A. conventions. So, if you could, please invite him, because I think the convention would be even more amazing if he was there!

Oh hun! We aren't competing with Sakura-con and the L.A. Conventions per se... they are INDUSTRY conventions, and we are a FAN-BASED convention. Industry conventions get the big names because they have the industry making or assisting with the content. For the most part, our content is by fans, for fans. The difference makes it possible for people to go to things like Anime Expo or Sac-Con or Sak AND go to Kumoricon! Because you get a different flavor of convention with us! While I agree, todd is amazing with fans and a fun convention guest, there are many more factors besides popularity that go into picking a convention guest of honor. Where he's from, if he's available, and what his needs are as a guest. The availability one is quite possibly the BIGGEST issue for most V.A.'s...they are ALWAYS working! ^_^

But I guess this means I need to update my mondo list... meh... I'll do it tomorrow when I am not in FacLiai mode.... I'm too hyped up on hotel nonsense to think about much else... oh, that and fraggle rock!

~Allykat
2009 - Attendee
2014 - Vice Chair

Offline Mew*Haruko

• Chibi
    • My YouTube. Subscribe! <3
« Reply #79 on: January 07, 2010, 12:57:28 pm »
Sean Schemmel would be really cool. ^^" He's the voice of Goku and King Ki in DragonBall Z (along with GT)

Caitlin Glass. She dubbed Haruhi from Ouran and Winry from FullMetal Alchemist.

Travis Willingham also known as Roy Mustang from FullMetal Alchemist

Aaron Dismuke dubbed the english Alphonse in FullMetal Alchemist and Mori-Senpai in Ouran.

Offline xcthulhux

• Bunnygirl
    • MAI BLOG
« Reply #80 on: January 08, 2010, 01:31:53 pm »

Offline Jexon

• Oni
« Reply #81 on: January 09, 2010, 11:59:55 am »
My number one request would be Todd Haberkorn please! I'm always seeing him attend millions of conventions, I say he would be a great choice for 2010!!   I think he'd be thrilled! He would be my only reason to go to this if you could get him to come. Allen Walker is my fave character of all time, and he is the guy who voices his character. I will love you guys forever if you request him!  (Sorry I'm a family member, never knew the rules said anything about 1 request per family...we are each our own individuals and should have the right to speak our own opinion)
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 12:08:26 pm by Jexon »

Offline JeffT

• Administrator
    • Facebook
    • Google+
« Reply #82 on: January 09, 2010, 01:04:14 pm »
I'd like to recommend a great guy known as Todd Haberkorn. I have been waiting for five whole years of my life just to go to an anime convention and finally I have my chance. I am begging on my knees to please bring this talented voice actor to Kumoricon. I have been what feels like my whole life just to meet this man, and I've seen him attend many many conventions. I think he'd really bring this convention to life, and really brighten the room up. Please, if you're able to get this guy to come I will be the happiest person alive, words just can't describe how much this would mean to me.

I also would like to recommend Todd Haberkorn as a guest for 2010's Kumoricon. Please, if you could at least invite him, I think he really might come. He's got lots of fans, and I think that if he was at the con, more people really would come. I know I and my friends would come for sure then. He's also really great with fans, very nice, and I know he'd love to come.

He was the voice of Allen Walker (D. Gray Man), Hikaru (Ouran High School), Watanuki (xxxHolic), Yamato (Suzuka), Sergeant Frog, Death the Kid (Soul Eater) and so many others. I really think it would help the con's reputation if we could get such a famous voice actor to come, and then maybe other voice actors from FUNimation would come, too. This is the way we can compete with Sakuracon and the L.A. conventions. So, if you could, please invite him, because I think the convention would be even more amazing if he was there!

My number one request would be Todd Haberkorn please! I'm always seeing him attend millions of conventions, I say he would be a great choice for 2010!! I have his e-mail and phone if you need to contact him, and I can't see why he wouldn't attend. He never rejects an invite to be a Guest of Honor, I think he'd be thrilled! He would be my only reason to go to this if you could get him to come. Allen Walker is my fave character of all time, and he is the guy who voices his character. I will love you guys forever if you request him! 

You (all?) do realize we can see that two of these three accounts are from the same IP address, and the other of the three was registered a minute apart from one of the others?

One mention was enough. You can't seriously think we would see these posts and think "wow, three independent requests for the same person"?
2023: Website Development Coordinator
2020-2022: Assistant Secretary, Website Development Coordinator
2011 - 2013, 2016-2019: Secretary
2007 - 2019: Website Manager
2015: Assistant Secretary
2014: Chair
2007 - 2009: Director of Publicity
2006: Copy Editor

Offline murder_of_raven

• Chibi
« Reply #83 on: January 09, 2010, 01:20:26 pm »
One mention was enough. You can't seriously think we would see these posts and think "wow, three independent requests for the same person"?

Wow, I am really impressed, I really was like "wow, three requests for the same person? why is he suddenly so popular?". Guess I am just naive to the ways of message boards XD

Offline xcthulhux

• Bunnygirl
    • MAI BLOG
« Reply #84 on: January 09, 2010, 03:53:35 pm »

Wow, I am really impressed, I really was like "wow, three requests for the same person? why is he suddenly so popular?". Guess I am just naive to the ways of message boards XD
i could tell when it was just the first 2.

they made it pretty obvious.

Offline winry799

• Oni
« Reply #85 on: January 09, 2010, 04:18:32 pm »

My number one request would be Todd Haberkorn please! I'm always seeing him attend millions of conventions, I say he would be a great choice for 2010!! I have his e-mail and phone if you need to contact him, and I can't see why he wouldn't attend. He never rejects an invite to be a Guest of Honor, I think he'd be thrilled! He would be my only reason to go to this if you could get him to come. Allen Walker is my fave character of all time, and he is the guy who voices his character. I will love you guys forever if you request him! 

You (all?) do realize we can see that two of these three accounts are from the same IP address, and the other of the three was registered a minute apart from one of the others?

Hey, didn't mean to make it sound like we were trying to "cheat" the system or anything. Actually, and though no one will probably believe this, the first account is actually my cousin's account, the second one is mine. As for the third account, that's her brother's. So yes, the first and third will have the same IP address because they live in the same household and use the same computer. I actually have a different IP address, being in a different household, and so that second account is mine. We weren't trying to pull anything on you guys - I just wanted to clear it up that yes, we are a family that all got on here within the same couple of days after finding out we could request people. And you can also note that yes, the first and second accounts were made within a minute of each other because my cousin and I were both online at the same time iming each other and wanted to both make accounts on here and request them. It would be a little odd if the same person made two accounts within a minute apart on two different IP addresses, and yet then decides to later use the same IP address for the third account, don't you think? ;)

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #86 on: January 09, 2010, 04:23:48 pm »
Confusing! *3*

I wanna meet the voice of Haru-Chan, Caitlin Glass~! :333
(And Todd Haberkorn does sound cool. x333)

Offline JeffT

• Administrator
    • Facebook
    • Google+
« Reply #87 on: January 09, 2010, 04:24:33 pm »
That's fine, I understand and I know roommates have their own separate accounts all the time.

Who all request the same guest in virtually the same writing style. :P Anyway, I would request that people generally limit the guest requests to one post per guest. In this situation it would be better to explain that your family are all a fan of the same guest. Thanks for understanding the situation we are in. :)
2023: Website Development Coordinator
2020-2022: Assistant Secretary, Website Development Coordinator
2011 - 2013, 2016-2019: Secretary
2007 - 2019: Website Manager
2015: Assistant Secretary
2014: Chair
2007 - 2009: Director of Publicity
2006: Copy Editor

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #88 on: January 09, 2010, 05:20:52 pm »
JeffT you have the mind of a great detective if you were able to sniff that out. I myself couldn't tell.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 05:23:40 pm by Animeman73 »

Offline BlueJacobs

• Oni
« Reply #89 on: January 11, 2010, 08:19:00 pm »
Oh, wow. I wasn't expecting this.

Interestingly enough, I also would put in a word for Todd Haberkorn. It would be amazing if he would come, I actually wasn't expecting anyone to suggest him at all and was frankly pleasantly surprised. (I often think I'm the only one...) He would be my number one, for sure, but I'd also love to see Travis Willingham, Aaron Dismuke, Chuck Huber, if at all possible Greg Ayres, and please, oh very please, Colleen Clikenbeard. I loved her voice since the moment I first heard her in xxxHOLiC and would be tickled pink if you guys would consider her. :)

Offline agpgirl

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Tumblr
« Reply #90 on: January 23, 2010, 12:58:37 am »
I would be sooooooooooooo happy if Todd came!!!!!!!!!
KUMORICON 2017

Offline plus-one

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #91 on: January 23, 2010, 01:10:45 pm »
This request isn't related so much to anime or voiceacting, but I think if you could get Jonathan Coultan to that con that would be pretty epic. He is a really awesome guy and I think a lot of people would enjoy a performance from him.  :)

I know he'll be in town soon, but I think it would be cool if we could get him to Kcon also.

Offline xcthulhux

• Bunnygirl
    • MAI BLOG
« Reply #92 on: January 23, 2010, 05:47:06 pm »
Jonathan Coultan

seconded

the spelling is wrong, but the intent is good.

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #93 on: January 23, 2010, 09:40:21 pm »
If possible, Svetlana Chmakova again.
I wanted to see her but couldn't go last con.

Offline RoseM

• Oni
« Reply #94 on: January 24, 2010, 04:27:03 pm »
New to this site, had no idea idea Kumoricon even existed for recommendations forum until now so I was excited. Don't know if this is the right place, but I've got a few people in mind I wouldn't mind requesting. I've seen a few of these requests already so I hope it's cool. Just putting my 2 cents in...

-Todd Haberkorn: A few people I've talked to say he's pretty easy to invite...wouldn't hurt would it?

- Michael Tatum: He's a pretty cool cat, I think he's be awesome to see attend

- Kent Williams: I think we need more people like this

- Caitlyn Glass: I'd love to see her someday

Offline xcthulhux

• Bunnygirl
    • MAI BLOG
« Reply #95 on: January 25, 2010, 12:36:46 pm »
-Todd Haberkorn

this needs to stop like right now.

Offline AllyKat

• Administrator
« Reply #96 on: January 25, 2010, 03:10:26 pm »
-Todd Haberkorn

this needs to stop like right now.

Yes, I agree.... I can't really update the amounts until I am sure that all these requests for Todd Haberkorn are GENUINE requests... And since we know the same IP address has been used for several accounts, different human beings or not I can't rightly give him that many tally's until I'm sure they are all genuine, which puts me in a pickle of the un-tasty variety!

As Jeff said so earnestly earlier; If you are a household in love with the idea of having Todd Haberkorn at our convention, say so! But don't mislead the general public into thinking there is a sudden outcry for Todd Haberkorn to come to our convention. The result should look like this;
____
MaryJane32: "Hey! My name is Mary and I LOOOOVE K-Con! But I've totally been wanting to rally support for TODD HABERKORN to come to it for a long time! Myself, my sisters (Jujubee2 and Onichansupreme on the site) along with my Brother (Madmaxftw) and even my parents who don't have logins but went to K-con with us last year, and my best friend Jen and her boyfriend ALL LOVE todd haberkorn's work... for those of you who don't know; he did x,y and z! All of which are awesome! Thanks!"
____

Thats legit and shows that you have a great group of people who earnestly mass want Todd at the convention. And while it may be unintentional, a mass registration of peoples from the same IP address who all join the site just to promote one or a few people to come to K-con not only looks bad... but isn't what the site is about at all! It also makes us suspicious of the request, in turn making us less likely to look at a guest like Todd!

PLEASE NOTE: This isn't a flame on any one person, I just want to make sure that people are aware these tactics, intentional or otherwise are frowned upon and we do check the validity of registrations to the forums when tabulating the desire for a guest candidate, recent events may have made this issue forefront, but really... its an issue I was concerned with long before when I started the list.

On the internet we have to go by faith that people are real (not bots) and honest (not deceptive) but that doesn't mean we follow words blindly. I just want to make this clear, to anyone who might be getting ideas about creating 15 loggins and screaming out "VIC MIGNONA!!!" for each one in a seperate post.. that we have ways of knowing these things are occuring... (muwahahaha!  :o )

SO FOR ALL THE TL;DR'ers:
1. We Know.
2. We Don't Approve
3. We are the Borg, resistance is futile

wait.... scratch that last one. Okay! Have fun kiddies!

~Allykat
2009 - Attendee
2014 - Vice Chair

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #97 on: January 25, 2010, 07:24:56 pm »
(Chortles) Nice one Ally you win.

Offline The_Geek

• Chibi
    • My Deviant Art
« Reply #98 on: January 25, 2010, 07:33:19 pm »
Though it has probably already been suggested and then rejected: Vic Mignogna, merely because the friend I am accompanying this year likes all of the characters he's voiced.
All depression has its roots in self-pity, and all self-pity is rooted in people taking themselves too seriously.
                                + Tom Robbins

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #99 on: January 25, 2010, 07:36:05 pm »
(who is dis todd peep.....)                     anyway yeah if I don't get to make a bunch of false accounts to say how much Gackt and hyde to come to k con no one does!   but really Gackt would be awesome ......!!<3Gackt <3!!!!!!!!!!!<3   <3 and hyde he actually likes small venues for the intimacy.....<3
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

oslapedo

« Reply #100 on: January 25, 2010, 08:07:07 pm »
I LOVE HYDE<333

Would so go to KCon if he was playing.

Offline xcthulhux

• Bunnygirl
    • MAI BLOG
« Reply #101 on: January 25, 2010, 08:24:15 pm »
SO FOR ALL THE TL;DR'ers:
1. We Know.
2. We Don't Approve
3. We are the Borg, resistance is futile

wait.... scratch that last one. Okay! Have fun kiddies!

~Allykat

Thank you so much for this

Offline AllyKat

• Administrator
« Reply #102 on: January 26, 2010, 03:52:44 pm »
I try xcthulhux... I do try...

And I agree, Hyde-sama would be amazingly awesome... as would Gackt Camui, but I doubt either would come... well... unless I put into action Secret Plan #467 "Moon Child Kidnapping" and I think the title of that plan says it all...

~Ally
2009 - Attendee
2014 - Vice Chair

Offline plus-one

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #103 on: January 27, 2010, 07:46:12 am »
I try xcthulhux... I do try...

And I agree, Hyde-sama would be amazingly awesome... as would Gackt Camui, but I doubt either would come... well... unless I put into action Secret Plan #467 "Moon Child Kidnapping" and I think the title of that plan says it all...

~Ally
Yes, but if you did, do you think they would be too excited to perform for us? >.>

Offline AllyKat

• Administrator
« Reply #104 on: January 27, 2010, 07:58:57 pm »
Immediately I have an image of myself and dawn or mostly just myself (I think dawn should be there though...) Going to that trailer in "My Name is Bruce Campbell" out in eastern oregon in some wierd cosplay from a random anime and knocking on his door....

Bruce Campbell (staggering drunk): What the F- weheehell.... hellooo ladies... what brings you two brightly colored sprites to my neck of the woods.

Us (all kinds of giddy): Mr. Campbell? Hi! We are from Kumoricon, and Anime and Japanese Convention and we'd like to invite you to-

*SLAM*

-End Scene-

Still getting to meet him'd be epic... he does have a great fanbase here in Oregon... but... IS IT ANIME? Hmmm... I feel a youtube series coming on... *shrug* as always, its up to the incomparable Dawn Hewitt to decide what works and what doesn't.

~Allykat
2009 - Attendee
2014 - Vice Chair

Offline murder_of_raven

• Chibi
« Reply #105 on: January 27, 2010, 11:18:09 pm »
but... IS IT ANIME?

As far as I know, it certainly is not. Still, I suppose the argument could be made that we have a strong sci-fi contingent (see the increasingly popular Star Wars/Star Gate/Star Trek/etc panels) and I think Bruce certainly falls into that category... and yeah, I'd love to see him in person. XD

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #106 on: January 28, 2010, 01:21:37 pm »
he has been in a couple of cartoon spoofs and voiced cartoon characters and video games and comics which is all pretty welcome at con, and as he is an oregonian is close, but burn notices schedule i think conflicts with k con , tho he is awesom to talk to! an old softy
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #107 on: January 28, 2010, 08:32:33 pm »
Plus it keeps things local, him living down around Jacksonville, Oregon!
Have Fun

Jay

Offline Rathany

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #108 on: January 28, 2010, 09:59:02 pm »
Plus it keeps things local, him living down around Jacksonville, Oregon!

Him actually filming Burn Notice around the time of our con ;)

2008 - Vice Chair
2011 - Return to Vice
2012 - herp derp

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #109 on: January 29, 2010, 01:31:22 pm »
Could we fly him up, Medford to PDX? And would we then have to make him take the Max to the hotel? That would make it a lot like the last movie of his I saw, the one filmed on his property in southern Oregon. lol
Have Fun

Jay

Offline melchizedek

• Bunnygirl
    • Don't play with fire
« Reply #110 on: January 29, 2010, 04:43:25 pm »
Bruce cambell also did some voice acting for games too
Yaoi crossplay... is actually Yuri.

oslapedo

« Reply #111 on: January 29, 2010, 06:22:23 pm »
HYDE should be on this page too, I want him.

Offline Klepto

• Cabbit
« Reply #112 on: February 06, 2010, 01:47:40 pm »
Slants. I would LOVE to see The Slants back at Kumoricon! And, not to mention, they seem to WANT to be there!

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #113 on: February 16, 2010, 11:14:05 am »
I agree.  Let's get them back.

Offline Miyako

• Cabbit
« Reply #114 on: February 21, 2010, 02:32:25 pm »
Greg Ayres, Chris Ayres, Hilary Haag. I would so totally go.

Offline Rathany

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #115 on: February 28, 2010, 11:51:51 pm »
Just to clarify, even though I don't really post in this thread, I am aware of what goes on in this thread. 

Yall, understand? 

Good :)  Now carry on. 
2008 - Vice Chair
2011 - Return to Vice
2012 - herp derp

Offline DeathNotePanda

• Chibi
« Reply #116 on: March 01, 2010, 09:59:56 am »
xD My request is sooooo impossible but I will voice my opinion =P

I would love for some J-rock bands to come *is shot for the idea* xD It doesn't have to be a real popular one (the GazettE, Miyavi but I would soooo love it xD) but it would be nice to have some Japanese main stream stuffs instead of anime voice actors all the time you know? ^^

~Meilin :3

Offline Rathany

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #117 on: March 01, 2010, 03:12:52 pm »
xD My request is sooooo impossible but I will voice my opinion =P

I would love for some J-rock bands to come *is shot for the idea* xD It doesn't have to be a real popular one (the GazettE, Miyavi but I would soooo love it xD) but it would be nice to have some Japanese main stream stuffs instead of anime voice actors all the time you know? ^^

~Meilin :3
Find me Japanese speaking guest liaisons for next year and then maybe we can talk.  Also, bilingual tech people :)  As far as I know, the strongest Japanese speaker on staff is ... me.  Being as I am the director I cannot also guest liaise. 

The more I have really good staff who hold positions year to year the more able we are to take on trickier things like this, whether they are Japanese speakers or not.  If I know that certain chunks of my depart are in good hands, I can focus on other stuff. 

Hey guise, who wants to join my department and train up on stuff? 
2008 - Vice Chair
2011 - Return to Vice
2012 - herp derp

Offline DeathNotePanda

• Chibi
« Reply #118 on: March 01, 2010, 07:10:35 pm »
xD Well...I don't know any people like that xD
The only J-rocker that I know that is very good at speaking English is Miyavi~ But I'm not sure if Kumoricon can get to him o.o
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 07:11:32 pm by DeathNotePanda »

Offline Rathany

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #119 on: March 04, 2010, 02:16:46 am »
I have a whole list of projects I'd love people to take on that involve no Japanese :)

One that I want is a Kcon GoH Newsletter.  It would be a little newsletter about Kcon for our guests so they know more about the con when they are here.  Last year, I didn't realize how different other anime cons are.  I just thought they'd know what a 'guest dinner' is for example.  Also, for one guest, they'd never been to one with a charity auction before and would have brought stuff if they'd known. 

Basically, I want a one page newsletter with a few pics with mini-articles on Kcon and Portland. 

The jobs I have for people are many and varied :)
2008 - Vice Chair
2011 - Return to Vice
2012 - herp derp

Offline agpgirl

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Tumblr
« Reply #120 on: March 06, 2010, 11:09:14 pm »
I'd soooooo love it if Johnny Yong Bosch, Todd Haberkorn, or Vic Mignogna came! Please!
Oh, and I've talked to Todd before, and here's the discussion, exactly how it was, i didn't edit anything ^-^

Me: "Hey Todd!! I'm just a fan, I wanted to say i think you're really awesome and It'd be so cool if you could be a guest at Kumoricon 2010 this year in Portland, OR!! Anyways, keep doing what you do best: Voice acting!! Hehehe, keep up the great work!"

Todd: "Thanks for saying hi! If that con sends the invite- I'm there :)"

So yes... Please! Todd Haberkorn, Johnny Bosch, and/or Vic Mignogna at Kumoricon would be just wonderful! Thanks so much Kumoricon staff!
KUMORICON 2017

Offline Rathany

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #121 on: March 08, 2010, 02:41:16 pm »
FYI -
Todd Haberkorn and Vic Mignogna are booked for Sakuracon this year.  If you want to see them, Sakuracon is coming up fast.

Johnny Young Bosch has been booked for Aki Con. 

We try not to wind up with the same guests as other area cons, with the possible exceptions of people who are local to the area. 
2008 - Vice Chair
2011 - Return to Vice
2012 - herp derp

Offline agpgirl

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Tumblr
« Reply #122 on: March 08, 2010, 10:14:46 pm »
Waaaaaah...! I cant go to Sakuracon... >_<
Oh well, thanks for telling me!
KUMORICON 2017

Offline AllyKat

• Administrator
« Reply #123 on: March 09, 2010, 04:30:59 pm »
New Update...

YAY: http://www.kumoricon.org/forums/index.php?topic=11430.msg507781#msg507781

Please note: I added all the Todd Haberkorn's due to the fact that he isn't really a candidate for
GoH due to being at Sak coming up. But I wasn't going to add them and here is my reason;

I waited a decent amount of time for the accounts which were created and then immediately made
requests for Todd to post in other areas and prove themselves as members of THIS community;

They did not.

Not one of them did really, a few of the other more legitimate requests for Todd has more than
5 posts and so I wasn't as anxious. Be a part of the community and THEN we will respect the requests, until then, it just feels too cheap!

~Ally
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 04:31:53 pm by AllyKat »
2009 - Attendee
2014 - Vice Chair

Offline Gabchu

• Cabbit
« Reply #124 on: March 09, 2010, 09:20:53 pm »
My suggestion is .... Quaff or Kazha

Quaff , They are "Samurai Rock" and vivid Japanese visual expression kind of group. They aren't too well known over here on this side of the america, but they have good music, they seem really really nice..... they will be at MTAC ODYSSEY, thats in Tennessee.... Hmmm.... Well thats my opinion for Quaff :3

Kazha, They are a unsigned band ,but their music is really good. I've talked to them countless times, they are sweet people and they are just down in California. They do sing in japanese...and thats my opinion for kazha  :3
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 09:57:03 pm by Gabchu »
The New Shiny Member of K- con Team! Excited? Fuuu yeah :)

2010 Get ready for Something AMAZING!
So far we are:... In the Process of design :) 1%

Offline Raveen92

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #125 on: March 10, 2010, 08:16:21 am »
I had another person in mind. Sonny Strait (Hughes) or Mike McFarland (Havoc)
Kumoricon 2016 Hopes
Amy Wong (Futurama) - 0%
???

Offline Yatterman

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #126 on: March 10, 2010, 11:55:11 am »
I want Little Kuriboh to come. Maybe we might see a sneak peek of the new season.
Yatterman-2010
Squall Leonheart-2013

Offline kawaiicupcake7

• Cabbit
« Reply #127 on: March 13, 2010, 04:40:17 pm »
Adding a vote for Aaron Dismuke, TehExorcist, and LittleKuriboh!
Kumoricon 2010 cosplays!
Gakuen Seychelles: 100%
Seychelles: 40%
Dark Abyss Alice: 0%
Others? 0%

Offline agpgirl

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Tumblr
« Reply #128 on: March 13, 2010, 10:44:01 pm »
Adding a vote for Aaron Dismuke, TehExorcist, and LittleKuriboh!
I second Aaron Dismuke!
KUMORICON 2017

Offline The_Geek

• Chibi
    • My Deviant Art
« Reply #129 on: March 15, 2010, 02:08:48 am »
Little Kuriboh
 :D
All depression has its roots in self-pity, and all self-pity is rooted in people taking themselves too seriously.
                                + Tom Robbins

Offline murder_of_raven

• Chibi
« Reply #130 on: March 15, 2010, 12:54:30 pm »
Little Kuriboh
 :D

I would like to point out that Little Kuriboh recently stated on his blog that he wishes he'd been invited to Sakuracon, so at the very least he's willing to travel to this area. As a foreign guest he could be pretty pricey but I think it would make a ton of people totally happy. Myself included.

Offline AllyKat

• Administrator
« Reply #131 on: March 17, 2010, 12:21:42 am »
Just as a help for anyone wanting to legitimately find him...

Little Kuriboh's real name is Martin Billany, and he is from
the U.K. ^_^
2009 - Attendee
2014 - Vice Chair

Offline Yatterman

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #132 on: March 18, 2010, 08:41:53 am »
Thats why we call him Little Kuriboh because that name is famous and I put message to Little Kuriboh about Kumoricon 2010,inviting him and put it for the signing at the end as to the Yugioh: The Abridged series fans of Portland Oregon.
Yatterman-2010
Squall Leonheart-2013

Offline AllyKat

• Administrator
« Reply #133 on: March 23, 2010, 07:16:36 am »
Uh....

Okay, just a quick FYI;

Only the Relations director can OFFICIALLY invite someone to Kumoricon. I'm not clear as to what you meant by "inviting him" but I'm sure you just meant "Hey! You should come to K-con no da!?"

But as a helpful reminder so no one gets confused, it will not be helpful to Dawn to invite people on her behalf, their are a lot of things that go into making a guest of honor, apart from them saying yes... But we totally appreciate your dilligence in giving us great ideas for possibles! YAY times!

~Allykat
2009 - Attendee
2014 - Vice Chair

Offline Rathany

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #134 on: March 23, 2010, 05:43:06 pm »
Dawn is still dealing with someone not affiliated with Kcon inviting people from an indicent that was YEARS ago.  Unofficial invites can cause Dawn ridiculous amounts of work trying to calm down behind-the-scenes-drama ;_;

But, if it's signed 'fans from PDX totally not affiliated with anything', it's fine.  Just be VERY CLEAR :)

Also, the more different people we have making requests here, the easier my job is.  The more I get a handle on what people want, the better for everyone!
2008 - Vice Chair
2011 - Return to Vice
2012 - herp derp

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #135 on: March 24, 2010, 01:26:29 am »
I'd like to recommend Tara Strong.  She was in Spirited Away and Princess Mononoke, as well as Beetlejuice (the cartoon), Ice Age, The Boondocks, TMNT, 6teen, Candid Camera, Sushi Pack, The Super Hero Squad, Family Guy (in an episode as Meg Griffin's singing voice) and The Powerpuff Girls (as Bubbles).

Offline Wuntvor

• Catgirl
« Reply #136 on: March 26, 2010, 03:47:30 pm »
I'd like to recommend Tara Strong.  She was in Spirited Away and Princess Mononoke, as well as Beetlejuice (the cartoon), Ice Age, The Boondocks, TMNT, 6teen, Candid Camera, Sushi Pack, The Super Hero Squad, Family Guy (in an episode as Meg Griffin's singing voice) and The Powerpuff Girls (as Bubbles).

I just read Tara's Wikipedia page and I agree she would be a great guest!  Not sure which I am more excited about though meeting the voice of Boh in Spirited Away,  Kaya in Princess Mononoke, and Rikku in Final Fantasy X-2 or Batgirl from The New Batman Adventures and Raven from Teen Titans as well as The Ben Ten  Of course I also see she and her husband are founders of VoiceStarz Inc.  That may cause problems with some of the other GOH's   :-\

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #137 on: March 27, 2010, 02:44:10 am »
Seconding what other people have said....

Vic Mignogna, Vic Mignogna, Vic Mignogna, VIC MIGNOGNA!! I wanna meet him so bad outside of the world of youtube videos, lol. That rumor about him being mean made it to his ears too xD http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgAT2r5VB1o   And Travis Willingham too! Those two together crack me up.

CLAMP... that... would be amazing... O.o
I also think it would be cool to invite anime subbers, like Eclipse or some group like that.
Gaiaonline
Funimation
Akira Ishida, Yuu Watase, Megumi Hayashibara.

Dunno if someone else suggested him, but I know that Hikari Midorikawa has done conventions in the U.S before. He's voice acted in like everything.
He was Tamahome in Fushigi Yugi, Zelgadis in The Slayers, Yusuke in Clannad and ALOT more @__@

« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 05:28:54 am by kimiski »

Attendee since: 2004
Volunteer since: 2010
Staffer since: 2012

Offline Yatterman

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #138 on: March 27, 2010, 02:17:19 pm »
I already put a request for LK to come to Kumoricon on his Yugioh the Abridged series forum.
Yatterman-2010
Squall Leonheart-2013

Offline Vexenification

• Chibi
« Reply #139 on: April 03, 2010, 06:13:36 pm »
New Update...
YAY: http://www.kumoricon.org/forums/index.php?topic=11430.msg507781#msg507781

Do my eyes deceive me? Someone else wants the GazettE too! ^^

Here are my recommendations:
[ KellyJane and TealPirate: I know that they are way out in the UK, but maybe possibly one day..]

Bruce Campbell and then GazettE.

Fem!Eleven, Vexen, Animal Crossing
#Richard Brooks was Real

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #140 on: April 09, 2010, 05:35:33 am »
So we can't have Vic because he goes to Sakura-con???
I'll never get to meet him  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

I wrote him a fan letter, part of it saying I wish he could make it to Oregon someday. He actually responded within the hour O.O

E-mail:
hi Kimberly,

Thanks for your email. I'm so glad you are enjoying my work! I would love to come to Kumoricon someday. Perhaps you could write the staff and request that they invite me to be a guest!

I'll hope to see you at a convention someday soon. Thanks!

vic
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 06:45:36 pm by kimiski »

Offline CherryFrog

• Cabbit
« Reply #141 on: April 09, 2010, 06:43:17 pm »
Vic and Travis Willingham >.>

Offline AllyKat

• Administrator
« Reply #142 on: April 10, 2010, 07:34:39 am »
So we can't have Vic because he goes to Sakura-con???
I'll never get to meet him  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

I wrote him a fan letter, part of it saying I wish he could make it to Oregon someday. He actually responded within the hour O.O

E-mail:
hi Kimberly,

Thanks for your email. I'm so glad you are enjoying my work! I would love to come to Kumoricon someday. Perhaps you could write the staff and request that they invite me to be a guest!

I'll hope to see you at a convention someday soon. Thanks!

vic

Ya have to look at it from our perspective; two big Anime Conventions in the Pacific Northwest having the same guest of honor feels pretty stale. Big and awesome as Vic is... we don't want to just be Sakuracon's baby shadow, it makes us less of a draw for people who do go to both. I realize this is a downer for anyone who -doesnt- go to
both conventions... but sometimes things are the way they are.

Heh, but we are always looking for exciting new guests... who knows... maybe you'll see another V.A. at Kumoricon that you'll fall in love with even MORE than Vic!

Always be positive!

~Allykat
2009 - Attendee
2014 - Vice Chair

oslapedo

« Reply #143 on: April 10, 2010, 07:51:02 am »
I don't like Vic Mignogna but that is such a lame excuse. It sounds like you guys just aren't trying.

Offline UtadaFan20

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #144 on: April 10, 2010, 09:26:36 am »
I would like to see:

Crispin Freeman - Itachi Uchiha (Naruto)
Kate Higgins - Sakura Haruno (Naruto)
Dave Wittenberg - Kakashi Hatake (Naruto)
Ricard Cox - Inuyasha (Inuyasha)
Scott Mcneil - Koga (Inuyasha)
Catlin Glass - Haruhi Fujioka (Ouran High School Host Club)
Eric Stuart - Seto Kaiba (Yu-gi-oh)
Gackt
Kirk Thorton
Kumoricon 2012??????

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #145 on: April 10, 2010, 12:19:08 pm »
I second Richard Cox
Travis Willingham

Offline Saberchan

• Cabbit
« Reply #146 on: April 10, 2010, 12:28:27 pm »
I'd like to see-

Crispin Freeman
Kate Higgins
Richard Cox
Scott McNeil

Offline AllyKat

• Administrator
« Reply #147 on: April 10, 2010, 10:45:06 pm »
I don't like Vic Mignogna but that is such a lame excuse. It sounds like you guys just aren't trying.

What do you mean by that? I am confused as to how you get the impression we aren't trying? And exactly what are we not trying to do?

Hope I don't come off sounding impertinent, just confused!

~Allykat

EDIT: I'm realizing that this is sounding more and more like Vic has been Blacklisted from Kumoricon, which indeed he HASN'T, in no way shape or form... it's not that we don't EVER want Vic at K-con.. it just, to me, seems silly to have him the same year Sakura-con has him! But you know, I'm not in charge of relations... I have no jurisdiction on the matter. And All Dawn has said is that they try not to repeat Sakura-con's guests. I just offer reasoning and logic. Don't take that as fact that someone can't/wont be at Kumoricon, it's just the thought process behind who is at the top of the possibility list! There are guests who would love to come to Kumoricon that are just more feasible... or would bring some really cool workshops to the con... I would love to meet some of these people too (see my posts prior to November) and in the end, I'm sure whoever ends up at K-con will be amazing! Dawn did a great job this last year... I have the fullest of confidence in her!
« Last Edit: April 10, 2010, 10:56:23 pm by AllyKat »
2009 - Attendee
2014 - Vice Chair

oslapedo

« Reply #148 on: April 10, 2010, 11:03:13 pm »
If the potential guest has interest in coming to the con and attendee's want the guest to come to the con then there's no excuse for not trying to get said guest.

Why does it matter if Sakuracon has had a guest? If KCon refuses to invite people that are guests at Sakuracon then KCon's just going to end up with a small variety of guests considering that many awesome people guest at Scon.

Offline AllyKat

• Administrator
« Reply #149 on: April 10, 2010, 11:15:44 pm »
*shrugs*

Like I said in my edit (which may or may not have been there when you started your reply,
I apologize if that is the case, my thoughts came to me late) Its not like we are barred from
inviting someone who attends Sakura-con as a GoH. Its just (and I think this is reasonable)
smarter for the two main Anime conventions in the area to Diversify their guest list as best
they can. That doesn't mean that a guest who was at Sakuracon that year WONT be an
option for Kumoricon that same year, but it might be a good idea to explore other options too,
or first before latching onto the same thing.

Other things go into getting a guest of honor besides their desire to be at our Convention and
attendee desire to have them. Please remember that when critiquing how they are selected.
Not everyone we WANT to have at the convention is a feasible option. The term "Try" is a
bit loose here. By try I assume you mean, check with their agent as to their availability, any
costs or needs the guest might have, and their requirements of performance at the convention.
Of course we look at all those components when choosing a guest, and as Dawn herself has
said, you will not be informed of each individual potential guests status because a lot of those
negotiations are confidential until an actual guest is confirmed, and then all you will be told is
that they are a confirmed guest.

What happened here was that one part of the equation; the proximity to another event that
had this same guest, seems to be taken as the only variable. It isn't. But, I do like to make sure
there is no ultra-secret mystery behind those processes of thoughts, I apologize if I conveyed
a un-relenting demeanor of uncaring towards a particular guest option.

Just trying to explain the plans behind the plan!

~Allykat
2009 - Attendee
2014 - Vice Chair

Offline Saberchan

• Cabbit
« Reply #150 on: April 10, 2010, 11:59:50 pm »
I wouldn't mind seeing Vic at K-con. I was actually at Sakuracon this year and missed him...I lost track of time and spent too much time in the dealer's hall D:  *shrugs* But I see what you're saying....but it would be cool...

Offline AllyKat

• Administrator
« Reply #151 on: April 11, 2010, 12:08:57 am »
Yeah! I missed him at Sakuracon too! I was kinda sad face! But I did see Luci and Todd! They are quite nice folk!

~Allykat
2009 - Attendee
2014 - Vice Chair

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #152 on: April 11, 2010, 09:59:17 am »
Having had the chance to have a picture taken with Vic Mignogna I can tell you rumors of him being a mean and arrogant so and so are just that...RUMORS. I couldn't get to any of his panels because they were so bloody full by the time I got there. Once I have my blog entry completed I'll give everyone a link in the Sakuracon thread to it. But i can assure you in the time I had to meet him I can say Vic Mignogna is one of the nicest people I've ever met. And I know someday K-con will have him maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but soon. And I'm perfectly content to have Travis Willingham come. I've gotten a picture of the Risembol Rangers' leader in all fairness and balance I should get a picture of the mini Skirt Army's leader.

Oh and Ally it was good seeing you at Sakuracon.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 09:37:57 pm by Animeman73 »

Offline Rathany

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #153 on: April 11, 2010, 02:14:50 pm »
Having had the chance to have a picture taken with Vic Mignogna i can tell you rumors of him being a mean and arrogant so and so are just that...RUMORS. I couldn't get to any of his panels because they were so bloody full by the time I got there. Once I have my blog entry completed I'll give everyone a link in the Sakuracon thread to it. But i can assure you in the time I had to meet him I can say Vic Mignogna is one of the nicest people I've ever met. And i know someday K-con will have him maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but soon. And I'm perfectly content to have Travis Willingham come. I've gotten a picture of the isembol Rangers' leader in all fairness and balance I should get a picture of the mini Skirt Army's leader.

Yes.  This.  This like a lot. 

2008 - Vice Chair
2011 - Return to Vice
2012 - herp derp

Offline Samileeroth

• Oni
« Reply #154 on: April 12, 2010, 10:59:01 pm »
I agree with previous posts, I would love to see Travis Willingham, and I definatly want to request J. Michael Tatum (Kyouya:Ouran, Isaac:Bacanno!, etc. etc))

Offline kai-chan

• Cabbit
    • Kawaii Factor
« Reply #155 on: April 13, 2010, 12:27:01 am »
I gotta say it doesn't seem reasonable to not invite someone to our con because they went to other conventions in surrounding states. WHO cares if he was at California and Washington!! I don't think most of the people at Kumoricon went to either of those and to kumoricon and if they did they might have missed him!!! (VIC) or would like to go again! If someone is highly recommended and has said so himself that he would go if he was invited, then Invite him!!!
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 12:33:16 am by kai-chan »

Offline Rathany

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #156 on: April 13, 2010, 12:42:59 am »
Guys, she was just stating A possible reason.  There is more to choosing guests than you might realize.  There is more to getting guests to attend than you might realize.  I am not going to say more than that, because I can't.  Please don't jump down the throats of people working very hard.  It is not an effective way to inspire us to keep working hard. 

If you join our staff you will quickly see that MANY things are much harder and more complicated in terms of putting on this show than you thought. 
2008 - Vice Chair
2011 - Return to Vice
2012 - herp derp

Offline Shout

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #157 on: April 13, 2010, 01:50:48 am »
Well, I sympathize with the organizers on this one. While pleasing one's fans is a very important, one has to maintain a professional independent image when it's comes to large gatherings like conventions. As much I'd like Vic to be at Kumoricon, I realize that Sakura got him first, so we gotta deal with it. Besides, I'm sure we can manage to snag someone even better. >:3

Anyway, I'd like to put a vote in LittleKuriboh/Martin Billaly as well, I've always wanted to see him in person after what people have said about him at other conventions.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 12:30:55 pm by Shout »

Offline Raveen92

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #158 on: April 13, 2010, 12:17:23 pm »
Unfortunately from the Risembool website, Vic is busy during Kumoricon this year at Anime Vegas, but If we plan ahead of time and ask for him to come during Kumoricon 2011. We could get him possibly. I noticed he gets asked to almost a year in advanced, just to be a guest at cons.
Kumoricon 2016 Hopes
Amy Wong (Futurama) - 0%
???

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #159 on: April 13, 2010, 12:50:53 pm »
Well, I sympathize with the organizers on this one. While pleasing one's fans is a very important, one has to maintain a professional independent image when it's comes to large gatherings like conventions. As much I'd like Vic to be at Kumoricon, I realize that Sakura got him first, so we gotta deal with it. Besides, I'm sure we can manage to snag someone even better. >:3

I am not jumping down any throats, I am just saying I disagree with that type of reasoning, no matter who the guest is, just because it seems to me like one convention shouldn't be able to basically call dibs on a guest. If someone is big in anime, and the guests of that convention would like to see them, and the con can get them, then why not ask them? Because they don't want to be copying other cons? If that's the case, it limits the guests a con can have. Maybe not Vic, but another guest, it could be the same case. Kind of like that whole, "I'm going to stop liking this anime because now everyone else likes it" attitude.

Kumoricon should cater to Kumoricon, or for that matter any con should cater to themselves, despite what other conventions near them do, otherwise they really are living in that conventions shadow. Not for the reason of asking for the same guest, but constantly thinking, oh we have to do this differently because this other con did and we can't have that, or thinking, well this percentage of our guests go to this convention so we don't need to invite this guest cause this percentage has already had the chance to see him, while ignoring the soul bunch that doesn't make up that convention. Guests go to a certain convention, wanting to see someone at that certain convention. I am a Kumoricon attendee at that moment, attending Kumoricon. Wether I attend another con or not should not have any imapct on who I get to see or what I get to experience.

Kumoricon and Sakuracon are separate, but by purposely not doing certain things just cause Sakuracon does it limits what Kumoricon could do more than what they are not doing just cause the other con is.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 12:57:54 pm by kimiski »

Offline AllyKat

• Administrator
« Reply #160 on: April 13, 2010, 01:41:41 pm »

Kumoricon should cater to Kumoricon, or for that matter any con should cater to themselves, despite what other conventions near them do, otherwise they really are living in that conventions shadow.
Kumoricon and Sakuracon are separate, but by purposely not doing certain things just cause Sakuracon does it limits what Kumoricon could do more than what they are not doing just cause the other con is.

I agree with both of these statements whole heartedly. This is the most important thing to remember though; that all of it effects us. Things they do and things we do, it all effects the pacfic northwest climate of anime.

I'll only say this one more time, I'll put it in bold so it's not missed, and then I will never type these words again. So people can continue to state the obvious, but It will fall on deaf ears. And the reason is because I feel this train of thought no longer is justified in clogging up Dawn's guest request thread.

THERE ARE MANY REASONS WHY WE MAY NOT CHOOSE TO EXTEND AN INVITATION TO A GUEST. The one that is in contest here is merely a small part of the equation, and my only reasoning in discussing it was to further shed light on the proccesses which are used to decide the guests we have at Kumoricon. Everything matters, even if its only a bit, it matters.

You may not like it but other people may be in serious disagreement with your opinion. There is oposition in all things and while most attendees have to and should look at what is best for THEM at Kumoricon (trust me that is an invaluable trait in our attendees because it tells me and the rest of the board what the real wants are) the staff has to look at the biggest picture possible.

Still, it's all about you guys and what you want in combination of what is feasible and what is possible. In the end we make things work and I've not heard that there was every a TERRIBLE year for Guests... at least not recently!

Trust me, there is so much more to the choice of a Guest than "Oh, well... Timmy was at Sak so... we can't have Timmy at K-con!"

Thats just silly!
2009 - Attendee
2014 - Vice Chair

Offline Rathany

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #161 on: April 13, 2010, 02:24:53 pm »

I am not jumping down any throats, I am just saying I disagree with that type of reasoning, no matter who the guest is, just because it seems to me like one convention shouldn't be able to basically call dibs on a guest. If someone is big in anime, and the guests of that convention would like to see them, and the con can get them, then why not ask them? Because they don't want to be copying other cons? If that's the case, it limits the guests a con can have. Maybe not Vic, but another guest, it could be the same case. Kind of like that whole, "I'm going to stop liking this anime because now everyone else likes it" attitude.

Kumoricon should cater to Kumoricon, or for that matter any con should cater to themselves, despite what other conventions near them do, otherwise they really are living in that conventions shadow. Not for the reason of asking for the same guest, but constantly thinking, oh we have to do this differently because this other con did and we can't have that, or thinking, well this percentage of our guests go to this convention so we don't need to invite this guest cause this percentage has already had the chance to see him, while ignoring the soul bunch that doesn't make up that convention. Guests go to a certain convention, wanting to see someone at that certain convention. I am a Kumoricon attendee at that moment, attending Kumoricon. Wether I attend another con or not should not have any imapct on who I get to see or what I get to experience.

I appreciate how you feel on this, but I am not making my main point clear enough, I guess.  
There are many factors that go into having a guest at a con.  This IS more complex than any of you seem to realize.  Ally listed a bunch of considerations in an earlier post.  There are more than just those, though.  

I cannot really, properly respond to much of this because the first rule of guest relations is that you don't want about guest relations.  

I can't go and say "Well, one thing that *might* be a concern is ... blah" without people thinking I am referring to any one person in particular.  At this point, if I say anything, people are going to think it is a *wink wink* *nudge nudge* hint that this is a consideration with a potential guest recently mentioned in this thread.  

Trust me, I even make the vaguest comments and people come up to me saying things like "I'll keep it on the down low, but I caught you drift that blah-de-blah."  And then that person tells a bunch more and I have a whole group who think they are in on some sort of secret about a Guest or a staffer.  

But, I will say that rumors and assumptions DO NOT HELP.  One person was trying to shed a little light on things and people are taking it the wrong way.  This is not something where we have have a proper, open discussion about.  If I try to even mention more items ...

Okay, imagine people are trying to figure out what is in my paper sack.  People ask me if the object in the bag is red.  I say no.  People ask me if it's a bunny.  I say no.  People ask me if it's a marker ... and I go silent.  People then think they are onto something.  Do yall understand?  I can't even talk about the non-problematic aspects of things without people figuring out, or thinking they have figured out other stuff.  

So, the only real way to keep the object in the bag a secret, as it needs to me, is to answer NO questions.  I understand your concerns, but I cannot properly respond to them.  The fact that I can't is frustrating to me, as I spend LOTS of time trying to answer as many questions about the con as I can and demystify much of how stuff works.  I want people to understand the hows and why of this con.  I will talk your ear off on many topics.  I've done panels on how we work.  This is an area where I can only give half the info at best, and only having half the info leads to a really skewed picture.  

Okay, I think I have said this in enough ways and that people should be able to understand my point.  

I likely made a mistake by ever speaking up in this thread at all.  In the future I will try to make sure the policy of simply not repsonding at all, no matter what people are saying, is more carefully followed.  

I am sorry if I sound grumpy, but imagine if people were saying things about you and your staff and you could not really respond?  I may be overreacting and making things worse.  If I am, I am very sorry.  I've been working on the con for an average of a couple hours a day for a few weeks now.  I really wish I knew how to channel some of the passion people have for Kcon in this thread into more constructive things and people helping out; in the past I have been able to do that.  Now, I just seem to be messing stuff up.

So, I am going to attempt to just back out of this thread.    
2008 - Vice Chair
2011 - Return to Vice
2012 - herp derp

Offline crystalamaris

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #162 on: April 14, 2010, 12:10:30 am »
Okay. Having met Vic on a couple of occassions (SCon '08, and '10) I can tell you that, yes, he's a nice guy. But even nice guys have their moments. One HUGE warning to you, should you ever meet Vic. Want to keep him from getting mad or "mean"? Don't mention to him anything reguarding yaoi. He is firmly against yaoi and is not afraid to voice it. So yaoi-otakus? Keep your fantasies hidden, and you'll get along just fine with Vic. (Besides... watching him throw a dodgeball at Troy Baker was just plain funny... he missed. lol)

Now, with that said, here's my suggestions, although they've already been said. I just want to get my opinions out.

Scott McNeil: Perhaps I've wanted to meet him ever since watching Gundam Wing, but I honestly want to meet him!

Greg Ayers: Voices so many of my favorite characters, like Satoshi from DNAngel and Son Goku from Saiyuki. I highly support his ideals. (Dub before sub. Help our local companies keep going.)

Yuri Lowenthal: The english voice of Asch and Luke from Tales of the Abyss. As a Tales of holic, I really want his signature, and to record his voice so I can listen to it... a lot.

Richard Ian Cox: Yes, he is one who I'd want to meet, although I'd have to get two of his signatures, because my sister is obsessed with Inuyasha and Ranma1/2

While I'd also suggest Johnney Yong Boch (please excuse my spelling) I shall attempt to make it to AkiCon instead. Though I suppose there's always next year.
Besides that, I have no others. However, I shall patiently wait for the guest to be announced.
Not quite here, but not quite there.

Impromt photographer (Watch out. I like taking pictures of people who are not ready.)

Offline murder_of_raven

• Chibi
« Reply #163 on: April 14, 2010, 01:59:49 am »
Don't mention to him anything reguarding yaoi. He is firmly against yaoi and is not afraid to voice it. So yaoi-otakus? Keep your fantasies hidden, and you'll get along just fine with Vic. (Besides... watching him throw a dodgeball at Troy Baker was just plain funny... he missed. lol)

I know some people won't be happy with me for saying this but I feel like someone should: I feel like inviting one of the most (if not the very most) famously anti-yaoi members of the American anime industry seems to be sending the wrong messages. Kumoricon is really queer-friendly and some of Vic's... speeches... about yaoi that I've watched on youtube seemed to carry a pretty heavy homophobic undertones. There are a lot of wonderful, talented people who work in the anime industry; I'd prefer if we didn't go out of our way to galvanize the ones who were bigoted towards a major demographic of the convention...

And I'd like it if people tried not to tangent with this. If you have opinions about this maybe someone could start a separate topic. Or if you just want to say something directly in response, feel free to PM me.

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #164 on: April 14, 2010, 03:05:57 am »
He's not homophobic

I watch his videos too, and in one he told the audience that everyone can be what they want to be into, its just that he personally isn't into it

He just considers it against his religion. *shrugs*

« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 03:12:38 am by kimiski »

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #165 on: April 14, 2010, 04:55:32 pm »
I'm not religious but well Yaoi just starts my ick factor but that's just me. And by the way I'm not homophobic if anything I believe gays and lesbians are human beings who deserve the same measure of respect as the rest of us. Vic just doesn't like yaoi, that's just how it goes. Getting back on subject how about some more guest requests?
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 06:02:58 pm by Animeman73 »

Offline Shout

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #166 on: April 14, 2010, 05:43:20 pm »
Hmm, I randomly feel like nominating someone we'd never manage to get in a million years, just to see how many people will back it. Sooooo...

I nominate Puffy. (The band.)

Offline AllyKat

• Administrator
« Reply #167 on: April 14, 2010, 08:11:19 pm »
I totally agree! Hai Hai Puffy Ami Yumi was such a cute show and it made me LOVE those girls!

And it feels like its time to update the ole' list!

http://www.kumoricon.org/forums/index.php?topic=11430.msg507781#msg507781

Keep'em comming folks! The more votes we get the more we know you want!

~Allykat
2009 - Attendee
2014 - Vice Chair

Offline Shout

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #168 on: April 14, 2010, 08:17:31 pm »
I totally agree! Hai Hai Puffy Ami Yumi was such a cute show and it made me LOVE those girls!

~Allykat

Oh my god, yes! I loved that show when I was younger, even though my sister often criticized me for watching since I'm a guy and all. I still love their music to death though, even with the show just up and disappearing from America.

Offline 7bijou7

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #169 on: April 14, 2010, 09:20:22 pm »
I add another vote for Puffy, I remember doing Ami for Halloween even before it was aired on TV. XD

(@Shout: what you talking about fool? I didn't criticize you, not that I remember at least... ???)[if your wondering we're bro and sis(muhaha~)]

I would love for some voice actors, preferably Japanese but Dubbers work too. If I could get any Japanese voice actor it would be... Fumiko Orisaka, and if it was a dubber... it would be johny young bosh or Michelle Ruff(think thats how you spell her name..)

And Also Little Kuriboh, which has been said a few times, he also has my vote~
« Last Edit: April 21, 2010, 09:51:15 pm by 7bijou7 »
Planned Cosplays for Kumo 2015:
BB Hood - Darkstalkers
Umi Sonoda (Yume no Tobira ver.) - Love Live!
Bunny Maid TV Head - Original
Princess Bubblegum (Tart Dress) - Adventure Time

Offline ChibiGrace

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #170 on: April 17, 2010, 11:33:55 pm »
Vic Mignogna: He's been known to go to many different cons and it always popular! He would be a great person to boost reputation, as mentioned earlier, and draw hoards of fans. He is a popular voice actor, most well known for being Edward Elric in the Fullmetal Alchemist dub.
(Ironic thing, I don't really like dubs. Including the FMA dub. XD)

LittleKuriboh: I apologize for not knowing his real name, but scare people do! LittleKuriboh is an internet femanon among otaku as he is the founder of the infamous "Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Series." His panels are popular and hilarious and he makes a great addition to any convention. Granted, he lives in England, he has been known to come to America (especially lately) for anime cons.
Best way tp get a hold of him is probably his web site: http://yugiohabridged.com/
~Kumoricon 2011~
Ciel Phantomhive
Vincent Valentine
Oz Vessalius (Maybe)

Offline ChibiGrace

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #171 on: April 21, 2010, 06:10:31 pm »
We can recommend bands...?
I put a vote in the way of Gackt! I love him! Hoshi no Suna is beautiful!
« Last Edit: April 21, 2010, 06:29:02 pm by ChibiGrace »
~Kumoricon 2011~
Ciel Phantomhive
Vincent Valentine
Oz Vessalius (Maybe)

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #172 on: April 22, 2010, 05:35:22 pm »
Rathany, I know you're trying to back out of the thread kind of and avoid any more issues, but i do have a question regarding... policies, I guess? and as far as I know, I don't think it'd be a problem to respond to this, whether you can answer it or not. 

I'm using Johnny Yong Bosch as an example here, but any VA or other guest who's already attending a nearby con would work.  Since we know he's busy for 2010, is it at all possible to invite a guest for a 2011 con before the 2010 con has gone by?  (I will throw in that I would love, love, love for JYB to be at Kumoricon, and I can't make Akicon under any realistic circumstances because of school and timing and location NOTCOMPETITIVENESS... Just like I'm sure another fan of a would-be guest would be disappointed if they couldn't make a nearby con and yadda yadda.  I completely understand why it'd be in bad form to invite him - or someone else - when he's already attending another nearby con, so is it also inappropriate to invite people far into the future?)  Particularly if I could have a few of my other (LEGITIMATE, POSTING, REAL) friends come in and offer that they'd also really like to see him and increase the tallies a bit?  And I am asking about a hypothetical situation here, using a real person... Not AHURRR DEPENDING ON THE ANSWER WE'LL KNOW WHAT GUESTS ARE COMING!!!

If there are reasons why you can't respond to this "properly" or whatever, that's fine, and I understand... But for my sake because I am a nervous wreck 100% of the time, I'd really appreciate if you'd leave a comment saying something to the effect of "I've read this, but it's top secret business."

Thannnks. |D

Also, for real content... I don't think he's been suggested yet, but Steve Staley?  I'm not too familiar with all these crazy newfangled animes, but his wikipedia list is pretty extensive and includes characters from Naruto, Magic Knight Rayearth, Code Geass, and tons of other things... though on the video game side, which I'm *much* more familiar with, he's voiced Crow from Fragile Dreams, Jay from Tales of Legendia, Fayt in Star Ocean: Till the End of Time and plenty more.  I don't remember if others have mentioned him, but as far as I know he seems to be a little more obscure despite his experience all over the place, and so he's maybe not already booked though I think people would really appreciate having him. 

Also, uh, guys?  Kumoricon is *very small.* It'd be *really cool* to get some big name people from way over in Japan to come here, but it's already been mentioned there are language barrier issues (and your experience watching anime without the subs doesn't count), not to mention MONEY, and Gackt would probably laugh in our faces if we considered inviting him.  Or someone else equally popular.  Obviously the scenarios are very different, but can you imagine us trying to get someone like Lady Gaga at K-con?  It's just not possible.  I even almost feel like some VAs are going to be a bit of a stretch this year, but then again I don't see the budget right in front of me.  I guess there's no harm in suggesting certain people, but don't get your hopes up.
lol peer pressure

Plans:
Kumoricon '11: Catherine (Catherine), Nanami (Revolutionary Girl Utena)
Sakuracon '12: Ryfia (Arc Rise Fantasia), other things

Offline AllyKat

• Administrator
« Reply #173 on: April 22, 2010, 07:39:31 pm »
While I don't know what Dawn will say, if she says anything on this; I can add a "Why I don't think this would ever really be possible" in case she doesn't feel like communicating it herself or can't (She is quite a humble little bumble!)

While it would be super cool to have guests planned in advance for future conventions, there are three key problems I as a bystander see with this theory;

1. Dawn has way lots on her plate trying to get guests and stuff THIS year... = please don't kill Dawn!

2. Some of the agents for these guests wont do books longer than a year in advance for many many reasons. In fact, some of them wont even talk to you until you know where you are going to be and what kind of accommodations you will be offering them I bet (this isn't first hand knowledge, but I have a friend with an agent who is very picky about what is in the contracts before she even negotiates!)

3. Taking the next years Guest Relations Directors job. This isn't a pride thing; this is a contact thing. Changing contacts is always a messy, bad idea. People in the professional industry, for one reason or another, do NOT like to have to change contacts. When we elect a new Relations Director, that person takes on all the responsibilities and the promises of the previous directors. This can lead to mis-communications and broken/unforeseen obligations with future guest bookings.

*shrugs* I dunno, in my head it would be cool to know who we wanted to book for next year and get right on booking them as soon as it's possible. But I know how much work goes into just trying to communicate with hotels we plan to give monies to... and believe me... it's no walk in the park. So I take no job as easy and try to add nothing to anyones plate :)

~Allykat
2009 - Attendee
2014 - Vice Chair

Offline kai-chan

• Cabbit
    • Kawaii Factor
« Reply #174 on: April 22, 2010, 08:19:37 pm »
I wasn't trying to make it sound like the con staff isnt working or trying. Its obvious that there are other factors such as money, personal requirements and such for getting a person to come to the con as a guest, I just didn't care for the post from the Admin with "its stale if there is same guests at multiple cons near by." (California and Washington) thats all.

Offline kai-chan

• Cabbit
    • Kawaii Factor
« Reply #175 on: April 22, 2010, 08:42:56 pm »
While I don't know what Dawn will say, if she says anything on this; I can add a "Why I don't think this would ever really be possible" in case she doesn't feel like communicating it herself or can't (She is quite a humble little bumble!)

While it would be super cool to have guests planned in advance for future conventions, there are three key problems I as a bystander see with this theory;

1. Dawn has way lots on her plate trying to get guests and stuff THIS year... = please don't kill Dawn!

2. Some of the agents for these guests wont do books longer than a year in advance for many many reasons. In fact, some of them wont even talk to you until you know where you are going to be and what kind of accommodations you will be offering them I bet (this isn't first hand knowledge, but I have a friend with an agent who is very picky about what is in the contracts before she even negotiates!)

3. Taking the next years Guest Relations Directors job. This isn't a pride thing; this is a contact thing. Changing contacts is always a messy, bad idea. People in the professional industry, for one reason or another, do NOT like to have to change contacts. When we elect a new Relations Director, that person takes on all the responsibilities and the promises of the previous directors. This can lead to mis-communications and broken/unforeseen obligations with future guest bookings.

*shrugs* I dunno, in my head it would be cool to know who we wanted to book for next year and get right on booking them as soon as it's possible. But I know how much work goes into just trying to communicate with hotels we plan to give monies to... and believe me... it's no walk in the park. So I take no job as easy and try to add nothing to anyones plate :)

~Allykat

well a recomendation box during the con could be awesome. Like during the 2009 kumoricon take recomendations for people for next year (2010) and that way we can get those people who 1) have to know where they would be, (since you already know where you will be cuz we are at the same evil hotel). and 2) you can already start bargainming/haggle their requirements to coming over as our guest for the next year.

and as of changing the guest relations director, you could always have a default email/ phone # just for that job therefor the problem with changing contacts is gone.

Offline AllyKat

• Administrator
« Reply #176 on: April 23, 2010, 04:37:20 pm »
Oh, I totally understand your sentiment, I apologize if my statement of staleness offended you, my personal opinion is clearly not wide felt, and I do apologize, beyond that, I'll say nothing on the subject.

A recommendation box is a cool idea, putting it at the info booth or something is definitely something we could bring up and look at.

And with the contact thing; I apologize if I wasn't clear, I didn't mean as a method of getting in touch with a person, I meant more specifically the person they are contacting. This can either be a positive or negative change and sometimes companies or agents will try and play on a new contacts lack of information in order to gain more or get out of unsavory parts of a contract. This is all common business issue, but for us it makes more sense to keep contacts fresh unless absolutely necessary. Of course, if we ever move to a different term length or we get lots of people in any department, these issues may be non-existent or smaller. For now as a smaller convention, we play the cards we are dealt as far as I can see.

Kai, I'm not the Relations Director, I can only give you insight as I see it from my expertise, so take everything I say with that grain of salt, knowing I come from a different department. But I want you to feel and know that we are talking to you and we do hear your comments and concerns. Please don't think of my answers as the end all be all of the staffs position on ANYTHING. We all have our own point of view on any given situation. I appreciate your concerns though, It's good to know people care so much about whats going on with Kumoricon.
2009 - Attendee
2014 - Vice Chair

Offline Rathany

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #177 on: April 24, 2010, 04:00:02 am »
Um... so far Relations has not been able to plan more than a year in advance.  We need to get to a place where that can change.  For me to even start working on 2010 as soon as elected for 2010 I had to get special permission.  Basically, I need to start spending money before we have a budget.  To do things even sooner is even more complicated.  How to ease problems like this is something the board is actively talking about. 

Right now I have a huge lump of work putting certain things to bed.  Once things are calmer, I can devote more brainspace to the multi-year problem. 

Just to be clear, no one thinks that we shouldn't plan more than a year in advance, but coming up with the hows, whys the limits and ensuring smooth transitions between directors/boards needs to be worked out.  Passing commitments onto new boards/directors has caused problems in the past.  (Don't ask me what problems, I wont tell you ;))  We need to figure out how to plan multi-year and do it right. 

Basically, we need to spend hours having boring meetings and going over what-ifs and blah-de-blah... It's kind of like cleaning one's room.  Once it's done, everything is better.  But getting it done sucks ;) 

Right now I am specifically the "Kumoricon 2010 Relations Director".  I can only talk 2010 commitments with people. 

But, beyond policies, documentation, etc, we need to start getting to the point where Relations has more people coming back and doing the same job year to year.  That kind of stability really helps the department and the con overall.  We are moving towards that.  This is part of why I am trying to get people who are interested in being trained on Relations to shadow me at con and see how the back end of it all works.  We start getting people coming back and being a liaison, dealers staffer, etc year after year, things start running smoother and we can start having the ability to do more complex and multi-year things in every section of Relations. 

It's 4AM and I am rambling.  Likely a bad thing.  I think I am off after bed. 
2008 - Vice Chair
2011 - Return to Vice
2012 - herp derp

Offline AllyKat

• Administrator
« Reply #178 on: April 25, 2010, 01:46:01 pm »
You mean like having staff that stay staff Dawn? Why in the world would you want staff?

I love you dawn, you make things sound so much prettier than me!

~Ally
2009 - Attendee
2014 - Vice Chair

Offline SoulReaperMaggie

• Oni
« Reply #179 on: April 25, 2010, 08:53:15 pm »
People who I would be delighted to see would be:

Vic Mignogna: Fantastic voice actor, from the looks of his schedule he's free Labor day weekend.

Travis Willingham
Caitlin Glass
Grey Ayres
Todd H. (I don't recall his full last name...)
Johnny Bosch
Stephanie Sheh
Wendy Lee
Crispin Freeman
Kumoricon 10:

I will be cosplaying as:

Offline Konan-ChanX3

• Bunnygirl
    • My Deviant Art
« Reply #180 on: April 25, 2010, 09:00:21 pm »
I'd have to say, having Vic Mignogna, Kirk Thorton, and Crispin Freeman would all be amazing.
*All puns to be taken literaly, and not towards any one individual.
Kumo '11
Ventus - KH BBS
Ciel Phantomhive - Kuroshitsuji
Ezio Auditore - Assassin's Creed II

Offline Rathany

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #181 on: April 26, 2010, 02:45:46 am »
You mean like having staff that stay staff Dawn? Why in the world would you want staff?

*blinks*  Wow, I was dead tired when I wrote that and thought that I hadn't posted it.  I thought I scrapped it so I could post when I was awaker. 
2008 - Vice Chair
2011 - Return to Vice
2012 - herp derp

Offline NyappyNana

• Cabbit
« Reply #182 on: May 01, 2010, 11:48:35 am »
This is probably impossible but it would be awesome if DJ Sisen could be there~ lol
K-con 2010~
Day 1 - Vocaloid~ Hatsune Miku 95%
Day 2 - Kuroshitsuji ~ Black 90%
Day 3 - Kuroshitsuji ~ Sebastian 95%

Offline vineboy33

• Cabbit
    • Oregon J-Rock fan page
« Reply #183 on: May 01, 2010, 01:55:04 pm »
We can recommend bands...?
I put a vote in the way of Gackt! I love him! Hoshi no Suna is beautiful!
I understand the Gackt is only a dream for kumoricon. But I could think of many smaller bands who might think about coming to Portland.
Versailles is having a world tour and has not announced any American dates yet. I'm sure it wouldn't hurt to throw in a offer to come to America and play.
NYAPPY

Offline ShOrTUrUhA

• Cabbit
« Reply #184 on: May 04, 2010, 09:09:23 am »
id love to see versailles or Sug play at k-con, i think we deserve a good japanese band to play for us.

Offline HardstyleZombie

• Catgirl
« Reply #185 on: May 04, 2010, 09:47:48 am »
So i dont know where to post this but who is djing for the dance because you should get jimni cricket again.

Offline thesirensings

• Catgirl
« Reply #186 on: May 04, 2010, 12:49:48 pm »
Just because I remembered some other people I'd like to see:

Johnny Yong Bosch
Little Kuriboh
Josh Lesnik (webcomic artist, creator of Girly)
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 08:12:49 pm by thesirensings »

Offline Hazuza

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #187 on: May 04, 2010, 11:18:06 pm »
I'm starting to figure you need to book bands wayyy ahead of time. I was about to suggest VAMPS (since I think they played near here? Or maybe just in cali) but they have a concert in NY in September...

Yuuya (Matsushita) would be neet since he's not insanely popular yet, but that's probably just a personal favorite c': Not to mention he's really busy in July so probably won't want to schedule anything

I'm afraid if we get a band well-known, more people will come that aren't regulars, and we'll cap reg early again, but this time with a huge group of extra people. And I'm afraid if we get someone nobody knows, they'll be underappreciated xD

and there's my input
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 11:24:46 pm by Hazuza »

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #188 on: May 16, 2010, 06:47:47 pm »
Lynna Dunham. She's a former VA who lives in the Portland area...although there may be an issue with most of her works being hentai, but hey, it's not like they show clips during their Q&As.

Offline Raveen92

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #189 on: May 16, 2010, 08:06:49 pm »
I just thought of a band

Has anyone ever heard of the Black Mages?
« Last Edit: May 16, 2010, 08:07:06 pm by Raveen92 »
Kumoricon 2016 Hopes
Amy Wong (Futurama) - 0%
???

Offline Klepto

• Cabbit
« Reply #190 on: May 17, 2010, 02:23:44 pm »
Hai Hai Puffy Ami Yumi Sounds good to me too. And Gazette.

(Sorry, haven't had the internet for a while to be able to check this thread. D=  )

The Slants have mentioned repeatedly that they would really love to play at Kumoricon, and I am sure there are a lot of otaku that would enjoy the music. You can rest assured that their stage presence is plain awesome. They also recently came out with their new album, and I think this would be another great way to promote. They are all very nice too. If we can't have them as a guest, could we at least have them in the Exhibitor's Hall?

I noticed that the GoH page on the official K-con site is still empty, and it is already the middle of May. Any idea on when we will have some more info on who has been invited as GoHs? My group of friends and myself like to start planning way ahead to know what panels and events and such we will attend. (Since we are all cosplaying together, we like to show up in group)

Offline tequilafuentes

• Oni
« Reply #191 on: May 31, 2010, 01:44:37 pm »
Hi all,

A friend and I saw Phoenix Ash, a rock band from the Bay Area, CA, at Aki Con in Everett, WA. They were awesome and I know they would love to come back to the Northwest and hit as many anime cons as possible. The band would be a great addition to your guest list. I posted their myspace link below so you can check them out. Thanks for listening!
++++++

http://www.myspace.com/phoenixashmusic

Offline Riji-chan

• Oni
« Reply #192 on: June 08, 2010, 10:37:02 pm »
I have a recomendation! He's a voice actor and the creator of D-Grayman Abridged series on Youtube.....TehExorcist!

I actually know him personally, he'd be really easy to deal with and he's local. He's not Littlekuriboh but hey! He still has an awesome abridged series and he's really funny. Sooo...

LET'S GET TehExorcist AT KUMORICON 2010! :D

Offline Raksha

• Oni
« Reply #193 on: June 14, 2010, 09:48:15 pm »
I have three sugestions as far as guests. I could pick just one, sorry  :-[

1. The leetstreet boys.  ;D They're an anime band and a really good one. They're already going to a bunch of different cons to perform so why not come to Kumoricon, right?  ;)
This is ther website:

http://www.leetstreetboys.com/

2. kellyjane and tealpirate a.k.a. Jenxthejinx a.k.a. the demyx time crew ^-^

3. Vic Mignogna. I've seen videos of him on youtube and he seems like he'd be a great choice. ^-^

Offline CrimsonHime

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #194 on: June 18, 2010, 11:56:36 pm »
Demyx time!!!
MasakoX and Vegeta3096 (naruto abridged)
English Gaara voice
AX- Aqua (kh), Sakura Haruno
Kumoricon 1- Sakura Haruno, Gaara, Raver Sakura/Gaara, Aqua(KH), Lolita, whatever else I come up with.

Offline emasik

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #195 on: June 25, 2010, 03:39:19 pm »
I'd like Kirk Thorton again, since I didn't get to go last year. Or perhaps David Kaye. <3

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #196 on: June 26, 2010, 09:09:11 pm »
Actually emasik, Kumoricon is the only convention as far as I know Kirk Thornton goes to so you're in luck

Offline Raveen92

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #197 on: June 26, 2010, 09:55:49 pm »
emastik. . i love you. We need David Kaye. . .YESSSS!!! Make him sing the rubber duckie song ^^
Kumoricon 2016 Hopes
Amy Wong (Futurama) - 0%
???

Offline Teddy_Bearxx

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #198 on: June 29, 2010, 02:38:59 am »
Voices of,
Kingdom Hearts 2
Kingdom Hearts 2
Kingdom Hearts 2
Kingdom Hearts 2
Kingdom Hearts 2
Kingdom Hearts 2
Kingdom Hearts 2
Kingdom Hearts 2
Kingdom Hearts 2
Kingdom Hearts 2

-shot-
Sorry if this is considered spamming
but i would also like Aaron Dismuke or Caitlin Glass
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 02:44:52 am by Teddy_Bearxx »

Offline agpgirl

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Tumblr
« Reply #199 on: July 12, 2010, 12:13:09 am »
Johnny Yong Bosch and/or Vic Mignogna!!
I'd just LOVE to see at Kumoricon this year!!
« Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 12:14:52 am by agpgirl »
KUMORICON 2017

Offline Midnight Divine

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook!
« Reply #200 on: July 12, 2010, 12:39:21 am »
I say Brad Swaile the english voice actor for Light from Death Note. That'd be awesome!!!!, he's my favorite voice actor, always wanted to meet him! :D. Also, Alessandro Juliani, the english voice actor for L, hes my favorite too. There's a lot of Death Note fans at Kumoricon, I'm sure everyone would enjoy seeing one of these guys, or both! ^^
« Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 01:31:31 am by Midnight Divine »
"You can make all the excuses you want. But you're the one who decided how to live your life". -Mugen

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #201 on: July 12, 2010, 04:24:36 am »
Wendee Lee (English voice actress)
She's also a director and does script translations for anime

Faye in Cowboy Bebop
Haruhi in Haruhi Suzumiya
Yoruichi (and 4 other roles) in Bleach
Bulma in Dragonball
Yui in Fushigi Yugi
Ruriko in Gate Keepers
Hina in Love Hina
Konata in Lucky Star

258 anime titles and counting
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wendee_Lee
« Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 04:31:53 am by kimiski »

Offline Rai180990648

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #202 on: July 13, 2010, 07:16:25 pm »
I'd also like to put a vote in for Johnny Yong Bosch.

While I know this might be impossible I'd like to sugguest.....Peter Cullen. I recall someone in the earlier posts of this thread mentioning the voice actor of Megatron, and I thought: 'Why not have Optimus Prime too?'

Offline Yatterman

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #203 on: July 13, 2010, 10:45:16 pm »
I don't know if its too late to recommend but I also recommend Team Four Star the creators of TFS's Dragon Ball Z Abridged.
Yatterman-2010
Squall Leonheart-2013

Offline linachan

• Sailor Scout
    • TMNT Demonic RPG
« Reply #204 on: July 29, 2010, 03:30:53 pm »
In terms of guests of Honor KUMORICON I GIVE YOU THE ULTIMATE CHALLENGE!!! I'd like to see any of the following voice actors here:

Vic Mignogna: I've seen Youtube footage of him and i think he would definitelly give the convention a big boost in terms of reputation by being there.

Travis Willingham: Another big name and class act I wouldn't mind seeing there.

Scott McNeil: I've seen some of his work and some YouTube footage of him. He looks like an okay fellow who would make the convention really fun.

Caitlin Glass: Who wouldn't want the voice of Winry and (I apoloize if I get this wrong.) Hani-senpai?

Well that's all I can think of...for now.

I would love to see Vic and Travis and even Scott come to Kumoricon, I met Vic in 2007 and 2008 Sakuracon, Im sure if enough fans ask Kumoricon to invite him they probably would.

Offline orlyfan15

• Cabbit
« Reply #205 on: August 01, 2010, 11:06:18 am »
i know it's probably a little late to invite guests, but i talked to Quinton Flynn on facebook and he said he would love to come if he was invited. if you don't know who he is, he's the voice actor of Axel in the Kingdom Hearts series
Day 1: Pinkie Pie from MLP: FIM
Day 2: Demyx From Kingdom Hearts
Day 3: Xion from Kingdom Hearts

Offline saki-sempai

• Chibi
« Reply #206 on: August 01, 2010, 12:08:13 pm »
I would be able to die a happy, happy person if I ever got to meet Quinton Flynn. Very happy.(even if I won't have my schoolgirl Reno outfit on for him to sign.)
That is actually a dream of mine, to meet that man.

-coughs- Anyways.
I Would also like to see Sonny Strait again and Crispin Freeman.
Sonny Strait is a riot to be around (He was one of the people my girlfriend served at a cosplay cafe as Tamaki(She also served Vic and his girlfriend/whatever they are).)
Vic.....I think you'll be hardpressed to get if you don't want to crossover with Sak's list.....I think he'll be a guest there for a while. Just a guess.
K-con 2015-
Lamento: Asato
KnB: Aomine Daiki
TnC: Gunji
Possibilities-
Something from persona, something from SNK, possibly DmmD?

Offline RokusasuKun

• Cabbit
    • Tumblah~
« Reply #207 on: August 01, 2010, 04:40:00 pm »
Personally, I'd really like to see either Todd Haberkorn, J. Michael Tatum, Quinton Flynn, Luci Christian, Brad Swaile, or Travis Willingham~
Iunno, I'm just excited to know whoever the guests are this year |D

Offline Manganix78

• Catgirl
« Reply #208 on: August 01, 2010, 08:24:47 pm »
Personally, I'd really like to see either Todd Haberkorn, J. Michael Tatum, Quinton Flynn, Luci Christian, Brad Swaile, or Travis Willingham~

Trust me. You're not the only one who wants to know who this year's guests are.

Personally, I would be comfortable seeing for dub VAs:

- Dave Wittenberg
- Eric Stuart
- Mary Elizabeth McGlynn & Daran Norris
- Monica Rial
- Chuck Huber
- Laura Bailey
- Veronica Taylor
- Kelly Sheridan
- Greg Ayres
- Steven Jay Blum
- Bridget Hoffman
- Chris Patton

For more info on their voice roles, look at their entries on either TV Tropes, wikipedia or Anime News Network.
Thats all that I can think of right off the top of my head right now. I'll be back later with some more later!  ;D

« Last Edit: August 01, 2010, 08:25:48 pm by Manganix78 »

Offline AgehaIX

• Catgirl
    • tumblr
« Reply #209 on: August 01, 2010, 09:02:19 pm »

HIMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!
kcon 13': Ranma Saotome, TBA, TBA

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #210 on: August 01, 2010, 11:41:58 pm »
When will we know?  ;D

Offline oceanrabbits

• Cabbit
« Reply #211 on: August 03, 2010, 04:44:37 pm »
If Todd Haberkorn could just attend for 1 day - I'd be the happiest person alive! My family has been hoping for years for this voice actor to get invited!

Offline fleur_fraise

• Bunnygirl
    • ka-san
« Reply #212 on: August 03, 2010, 09:53:28 pm »
Veronica Taylor.
I'll die happy if she somehow comes.
Current Kcon Plans:
-Ringo Oginome
-Anarchy Stocking
-Roxy Richter

Offline linachan

• Sailor Scout
    • TMNT Demonic RPG
« Reply #213 on: August 04, 2010, 01:20:54 am »

I was one of the people who went to both of Cynthia Martinez's Panels.  I actually felt a little sorry for her since almost nobody showed up.  I think there were at most 30 people in there.  That being said I wouldn't mind asking her to come again.  She was hilarious, and seemed to be enjoying herself despite the lack of attendees.  I know there is some video of her on YouTube  She also mentioned that she was good friends with Luci Christian.  Since we already have a way to contact Cynthia we may see if she can ask her friend to come with her next year.  Other possibilities would be Cynthia and Kelly Manison.  Then you would have Lina Inverse and Naga the Serpent.  Or get Luci Christian to come with Hilary Haag, then you would have both Kaname Chidori and Teletha "Tessa" Testarossa from Full Metal Panic.  Possibly harder to swing would be trying to get Sandra Krasa to come.  She is more of a ADR director producer for ADV than a Voice Actor, although she did play Layla Hamilton in Kaleido Star, but that gives us a whole new look at things, I am sure she and Kirk Thornton would have a lot of similar experiences to relate.  I also wouldn't mind seeing  Tiffany Grant, the voice of Asuka Langley Sohryu from Neon Genesis Evangelion and Kaorin in Azumanga Daioh.

"Not sure if you heard it, but I was the one last year to tell Cynthia to yell out the dragon slave for me, I was cosplaying Yachiru from Bleach n__n

Offline RokusasuKun

• Cabbit
    • Tumblah~
« Reply #214 on: August 04, 2010, 07:54:31 am »
Veronica Taylor.
I'll die happy if she somehow comes.

DUDE YEAH <3

Offline Hacchan

• Cabbit
    • Tumblr
« Reply #215 on: August 09, 2010, 03:49:30 am »

Vic was actually at Ani-Jam (Fresno CA's anime con) back in '08, and that con is TIIIINY.
It was quite lucky of us.
But anywho, I vote him as well.
It'd be great to see him again~

Offline agpgirl

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Tumblr
« Reply #216 on: August 11, 2010, 11:04:23 pm »
OMIGOSH THANK YOU THANK YOU THAAAAAAAAAAANKKKKK YOUUUU FOR INVITING TODD HABERKORN!!!!!!!!!
KUMORICON 2017

Offline AllyKat

• Administrator
« Reply #217 on: August 11, 2010, 11:48:04 pm »
Yeah Dawn is pretty freaking awesome... she worked REALLY REALLY HARD on this one.

I can personally tell you that you should all thank her mucho mucho for her hard work on
this and thank Todd repeatedly for coming to Kumoricon this year... it is amazing and happy!

-Allykat
2009 - Attendee
2014 - Vice Chair

Offline emasik

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #218 on: August 20, 2010, 06:28:46 pm »
Is the guest list finished? Or are we getting anyone else? My intention is not to sound negative. I haven't been before, and I'd simply heard from my friends that there were a lot more GoH last year.