Author Topic: Soul Eater 2010  (Read 61192 times)

Offline nyahaha

• Bunnygirl
Re: Soul Eater 2010
« Reply #450 on: July 20, 2010, 05:30:17 pm »
what?!? why?
check out my facebook page!! www.facebook.com/macnleecosplay

Offline shanime_panda

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #451 on: July 20, 2010, 05:43:45 pm »
how long ago did you order it? These things take time..some wigs can take up to a month, especially if they're pre-styling it for you.

Offline Kallika

• Catgirl
« Reply #452 on: July 20, 2010, 06:07:48 pm »
I ordered it about 4 weeks ago.

Offline shanime_panda

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #453 on: July 20, 2010, 06:19:19 pm »
have you messaged the people you ordered it from? they could give you an approximate time of arrival, or even supply youwith a tracking number. You still have a month until the con, I'm sure it will get here in time.

Offline Kallika

• Catgirl
« Reply #454 on: July 20, 2010, 08:26:49 pm »
I messaged them a few days ago, no answer back.

Offline nyahaha

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #455 on: July 20, 2010, 09:23:01 pm »
i hope it does come!! where did you order it from?

Offline Kallika

• Catgirl
« Reply #456 on: July 20, 2010, 11:35:55 pm »
Well..I shouldn't have.but Cosplaymagic, which I know has bad reviews but I couldn't find a pony tail wig anywhere else.

Offline shanime_panda

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #457 on: July 20, 2010, 11:45:09 pm »
I forgot they did wigs! I've had good experience with costumes from them, hopefully wigs are the same..
I believe my costumes actually took about a month, so hopefully you get your wig this week.

Offline Kallika

• Catgirl
« Reply #458 on: July 21, 2010, 11:24:07 am »
Yeah, I'm hoping it comes soon. I read reviews on their wigs and people said they were horrible quality...so I'm a little scared.

Offline Dubaby

• Catgirl
    • My Cosplay.com account
« Reply #459 on: July 23, 2010, 05:27:37 pm »
I'm slowly but surely working on Marie..... I had the shirt done but didn't quiet like way the bottom part looked so I'm redoing it.

I'm also not pleased with the color of the sleeves and bottom compared to the rest of the shirt (I swear this whole weird grey/black on black thing is killing me!) so I'm going to just re-dye the whole thing after I finish constructing it.

Skirt is about a third of the way done, and I'm in love with the gold fabric I got for the detailing. I'll start making more progress and posting pics soon, but the fact that I'm just working on this cosplay is a big step for me! lol. Luckily this is my only new costume this con so I don't have to worry too much about my procrastination problems. XD
Junior Cadet of TD BRO CHAD

Offline Kallika

• Catgirl
« Reply #460 on: July 23, 2010, 08:09:55 pm »
I just got an email today..saying my wig was sent..at least it was sent :/

Offline shanime_panda

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #461 on: July 23, 2010, 11:22:40 pm »
yay progress and yay for wig being sent!

Offline nyahaha

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #462 on: July 24, 2010, 06:39:20 pm »
Good! I sure hope it comes in time! I ordered a badge for D.gray Man from them a while ago and it actually came the day after the con. lol it was sorta funny in a very frustrating sort of way. I really hope its a good looking wig too. You need to tell us right when it comes. Did they give you a tracking number?

Offline Kallika

• Catgirl
« Reply #463 on: July 24, 2010, 06:40:24 pm »
Good! I sure hope it comes in time! I ordered a badge for D.gray Man from them a while ago and it actually came the day after the con. lol it was sorta funny in a very frustrating sort of way. I really hope its a good looking wig too. You need to tell us right when it comes. Did they give you a tracking number?

Yes, it just left China ><<

Offline nyahaha

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #464 on: July 24, 2010, 11:35:12 pm »

Yes, it just left China ><<

Yay!

(I said this in the progress thread too, but I thought I would post it here also)I just ordered my Death the Girl rings from them, but I flipflopped two numbers in my address. I sent them a message asking them if they could change it right after I realized it. I hope they get it before they send it, cause I have no Idea if that address even exists >.>

Offline Kallika

• Catgirl
« Reply #465 on: July 27, 2010, 12:10:13 pm »
I got my wig!!1..it actually looks pretty good.

Offline Dubaby

• Catgirl
    • My Cosplay.com account
« Reply #466 on: July 27, 2010, 01:52:50 pm »
you should post pics sometime... I'm curious to see how it looks. =]

Offline Kallika

• Catgirl
« Reply #467 on: July 27, 2010, 02:55:43 pm »
you should post pics sometime... I'm curious to see how it looks. =]

There's a BIT of a problem..the pony tail is too heavy and it just kinda flops over..I'm scared I'm going to have to sew a base in and stab a chop stick through the pony tail..

Also I need to buy a comb that I can comb the pony tail with..
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 02:57:43 pm by Kallika »

Offline shanime_panda

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #468 on: July 27, 2010, 03:10:39 pm »
I wonder if you could glue some sort of stick to headband or something and then wear that under your wig
LOL I don't know, that's my solution but I'm not very good at fixing things..it always sounds great in my head but when I actually try everything falls apart
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 03:10:54 pm by shanime_panda »

Offline Kallika

• Catgirl
« Reply #469 on: July 27, 2010, 03:49:32 pm »
I wonder if you could glue some sort of stick to headband or something and then wear that under your wig
LOL I don't know, that's my solution but I'm not very good at fixing things..it always sounds great in my head but when I actually try everything falls apart

I could try that lol..problem is the whole net inside wig thing..is solid and not net like, like my last wig.

Offline nyahaha

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #470 on: July 27, 2010, 05:05:27 pm »
maybe poking a hole in the base to stick some wire through, spiraling the wire to make a base under the base and poking the end through the ponytail?

or, i remember in elementary school on Crazy day, some people had ponytails sticking straight in the air simply by sticking a chopstick in thier hair and having it rubber banded in the hair. Thier heads acted as a base...

Offline nyahaha

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #471 on: August 02, 2010, 10:55:10 pm »
sorry for the double post...too lazy

Well, I have some money problems right now so I am postponing Death the Girl. I am trying to get a wig with ponytails that I can use for both Death the Kid and Death the Girl, but the good one I found is more expensive than I can afford. So...sorry for ditching all you cool people like this D ,: please forgive me

Offline shanime_panda

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #472 on: August 03, 2010, 02:30:00 am »
awww it's okay, things happen.

In other news, did you guys still want to have a photoshoot on Saturday? If so, I would appreciate it if you guys could decide on the time :)
No hurry, just figured I'd bring it up. The one on Sunday will be meeting up on the second floor of the lobby and hopefully moving to the parking garage like last year.

Offline SoulEatingSpork

• Oni
« Reply #473 on: August 04, 2010, 07:51:02 pm »
I'll be going as Spirit/Death Scythe one day, and Giriko another day.
Kumoricon 2011
{ - - Soul Eater;; Spirit Albarn, Giriko Sou, Tsubaki [Undecided]
{ - - Axis Powers Hetalia;; Sweden
{ - - Kuroshitsuji // Black Butler;; Grell

Offline Koiakatt

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #474 on: August 05, 2010, 01:35:41 pm »
@Blair-Chan

OKAY SO I'M PRETTY SURE I'MS TILL GOING AT SPIRIT THATS IF THE WIG COMES IN TIME!!!!!!!!!!!
thought i should say so because haven't been here ina wile and thought I wasn't going to be him but it' also alittle bit of a closet done one/80's because of the shirt if i get reno cosplay photos before i go to the con i'll send them so you see what i mean lol
« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 02:08:04 pm by Koiakatt »

Offline 7bijou7

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #475 on: August 05, 2010, 10:08:01 pm »
Hello~ I'll be cosplaying Maka for Saturday and Sunday of Kumoricon! I'm very excited to do it, and I have most of it done, just need the sweater and the wig, which I'm planning to go to Wigland in Portland on Tuesday... if I can find it. :P

I think saturday would be a good day... we could do like 2 or 3? or perhaps 4? Just thinking we want it when things have died down a bit.. and not too early in the morning.  I would like it after 11:30ish. As I wanna go see a Photoshoot at 11.

I do have a question though, I have my 'cool' Soul scythe done and made and was wondering since its so big, would it be considered blocking traffic? Here's a link to it: http://7bijou7.deviantart.com/#/d2vba1y If anything I can remove the top of it, but the pole part is still really tall.
Planned Cosplays for Kumo 2015:
BB Hood - Darkstalkers
Umi Sonoda (Yume no Tobira ver.) - Love Live!
Bunny Maid TV Head - Original
Princess Bubblegum (Tart Dress) - Adventure Time

Offline shanime_panda

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #476 on: August 05, 2010, 10:19:46 pm »
mine was about the same size, maybe taller, and I had no problems with security.
elevators were and issue though.

Oh and the time and day was already decided for the photo shoots, I just need a location for the first day haha

Offline Koiakatt

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #477 on: August 06, 2010, 08:34:37 pm »
For my death scythe with my stein cosplay if I remember right it's like a foot taller then me in my almost 3 inch shoes and I was able to get around just fine but had to take it apart for elevtors and the max train... that was funny but embarrassing falling down in it on the way back to my aunts house for lunch.

so hopefully that helped a little with your question

I HAVE A QUESTION!

okay so i was wondering if people would be bad if I had a white shirt instead of a greenish on fors spirit and also if it was okay that the sleeves on the jacket were rolled up some.

*grumbles* i really really need to stop switching my what i wanna cosplay as because right now spirit is a maybe as far as cosplays go >.<

« Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 10:12:41 pm by Koiakatt »

Offline Koiakatt

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #478 on: August 06, 2010, 10:21:17 pm »
also! a friend of mine MIGHT be stein one day but not sure just a heads up ^_^

Offline 7bijou7

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #479 on: August 07, 2010, 09:59:44 pm »
Ah thank you for your replys on my question, that helped with my worrying~

oh.. place? I don't know... D:

And for Kolakatt, I think that would be fine, Some reason the thing to me that always gets me that the person is spirit is that they have a red wig, and the tie is like... crossy like... and they have the jacket, I don't think you have to be picky...Did I answear that okay?
Cools for a stein!

BB Hood - Darkstalkers

Offline Koiakatt

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #480 on: August 08, 2010, 12:22:21 am »
as long as I know exactly what the place is I'm fine with any place really!
Now I just need to pick if I should be spirit the first day of stein >.<

your welcome!
and thanks I'm looking for the greenish shirt still but the jacket is staying the same it kinda makes me think he had a hard day lol

Offline sk_chan

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Rekkazor (Rekka's Cosplay Page)
« Reply #481 on: August 09, 2010, 01:12:25 pm »
I'm only attending the Saturday shoot so there have better be one! It says on the official shoot thread that it has a time but no place...we should just pick a place outside (because lighting is better that way) and have an alternate location inside if it's raining (hopefully with decent lighting).

Plz. =x
KUMORICON 2015 COSPLAYS!

Kageyama (Haikyuu!)
Tuxedo Mask (Sailor Moon)
Karma (AssClass)
Ryuuko ep. 1 ver. (KLK)
Others...

Offline 7bijou7

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #482 on: August 10, 2010, 05:23:04 pm »
My only thing about going outside for the shoot is not to get too far away from the convention space, for there may be creepy people or stuffez. I would be fine with Pioneer Square or someplace close by though ^^
BB Hood - Darkstalkers

Offline shanime_panda

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #483 on: August 10, 2010, 11:19:39 pm »
Pioneer Square and the South Park Blocks are both very close by, I wouldn't worry too much about creepers OUTSIDE the con. There's power in numbers.

It's the ones attending the convention you need to worry about. But that's a whole new topic ~

Offline Dubaby

• Catgirl
    • My Cosplay.com account
« Reply #484 on: August 11, 2010, 11:16:06 pm »
I forgot to mention, but if I do end up making it to the photoshoot Saturday then I'll also have my friends dressed as Stein and Angela with me. =]

Offline orochimarufangirl

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #485 on: August 24, 2010, 11:53:41 pm »
I'm being Stein!! Yaay! Also Spirit :D not sure what days though o.o
K-con 09 cosplays
All from Hellsing
Alucard
Young Integra
Young Alucard (AKA Vlad)

Last year I was...
Alucard

Offline sk_chan

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Rekkazor (Rekka's Cosplay Page)
« Reply #486 on: August 25, 2010, 10:40:51 pm »
I worked on my Death the Kid cosplay today, I'm practically done except for the weapons. Wig done, blazer done except for some velcro I wanna attach...and I'm not very proud of the blazer, something's off...but I can't go back now.

I haven't even started the Death Cannons yet...and at this point, I may have to subsitute for a skateboard instead...but we'll see what I can find.
KUMORICON 2015 COSPLAYS!

Kageyama (Haikyuu!)
Tuxedo Mask (Sailor Moon)
Karma (AssClass)
Ryuuko ep. 1 ver. (KLK)
Others...

Offline Kallika

• Catgirl
« Reply #487 on: August 25, 2010, 11:18:42 pm »
Everything's perfect..except for this freaking wig..it cost 70 dollars and it doesn't fit my head at all...and the hair is being weird and bunching up..I don't know if I'll be able to figure it out.

Offline xd_pengi_dx

• Oni
« Reply #488 on: August 26, 2010, 06:16:44 pm »
I'm not cosplaying from Soul Eater this year, but I really want to cosplay Soul at Kcon 2011.

I wanted to know if anyone knew about any good reliable place online that sells red contacts?? =3

I'd greatly apprieciate it if anyone could point me in the right direction.

Offline Kallika

• Catgirl
« Reply #489 on: August 27, 2010, 12:40:36 pm »
So I've come up with a horrible solution for my Tsubaki cosplay that will still keep me with a wig..I'll have to cut it down from the epic pony tail it has, so I'll be Tsubaki, just without a pony tail.

If my hair was longer I would just temp dye it black and put it in a pony tail, but recently I cut it really short SO I could fit it in this wig I got >,<

Offline Franken Stein-sensei

• Cabbit
« Reply #490 on: August 28, 2010, 11:35:20 pm »
Oh lord. D :
I need to keep up to date with this stuff.

But but! I will be going to the Saturday photoshoot. Myself as (Formal) Stein, with a Kid and Shinigami-sama~
I will also have a friend doing a OC of mine, a little girl with gray hair and stitches under her eyes.

I will ALSO! Have a Spirit. =w=;

but, I hope to see ya'll there. I'll try to come on this week. D : I'm sorry for the long absence.
2011:

Franken Stein
Sebastian Michealis
Kurt Hummel

Offline Rubixx

• Oni
« Reply #491 on: September 01, 2010, 04:19:30 pm »
I'm going to be going as Red Room Maka. And my friend will be going as Red Room Soul. :D

Offline chelsea10564

• Oni
« Reply #492 on: September 09, 2010, 01:44:50 am »
Who all dressed up as soul!??

I dressed up as Maka but I missed the shoot.

But I am now searching for one of the Soul's. They did such an amazing jobbb and I want to be buddiesss.