Author Topic: Worst Anime?  (Read 18652 times)

Offline Kei-Kei

• Chibi
Worst Anime?
« on: May 08, 2004, 10:46:59 pm »
I was wondering what some of the worst Anime you guys have seen? Just some titles you've seen that you couldn't stand or that once was enough?

[size=9]"I laughed, I cried, I died; inside."[/size]

Offline sassy_lassy

• Chibi
Worst Anime?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2004, 01:31:29 am »
Hm... worst anime... oh oh! What's it's name... Miracle... or something like that... the one with the baby, and ick... *shudder* it's a movie I believe, I just did not get appealed to it, I thought the art was retched... *shifty eyes* and Usugi Yojimbo! I hate that thing... I'm not even sure if it's anime... *twitch*
Sweet Times

Offline zenix

• Chibi
Worst Anime?
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2004, 12:49:04 pm »
sailor moon dubed lol

Offline sassy_lassy

• Chibi
Worst Anime?
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2004, 01:24:51 pm »
No way, I love Sailor Moon... especially the dubbed one... meh *Sticks tongue out at you*
Sweet Times

Offline Kei-Kei

• Chibi
Worst Anime?
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2004, 02:14:38 pm »
The worst I've ever seen as far as gore would be Fist Of The Northstar. That anime was so flipping bloody. Usually it doesn't bother me, but this did.

Worst Anime?
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2004, 03:49:48 pm »
truthfully, there is no worst anime, seing as everyone has a different taste, but  id have to say totaly spies lmfao  because that is NOT anime but people consider it to be, not to mention its terrible :X.  it all depends on your opinion/mentality, like my brother HATES FLCL but  ifind it funny as hell. and i dislike dragon ball anything, while my brother loves it. ^^  
yes.. XD

Offline Katy

• Cabbit
    • http://www.geocities.com/lobstercrunchies
Worst Anime?
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2004, 03:58:45 pm »
Quote from: "Anonymous"
truthfully, there is no worst anime, seing as everyone has a different taste, but  id have to say totaly spies lmfao  because that is NOT anime but people consider it to be, not to mention its terrible :X.  it all depends on your opinion/mentality, like my brother HATES FLCL but  ifind it funny as hell. and i dislike dragon ball anything, while my brother loves it. ^^  
yes.. XD
<< this is me XD
<font face="arial" color="#000000" size="3">Your mom goes here</font>

Offline EvilMonkey

• Founder
  • Catgirl
    • http://evilmonkeysean.livejournal.com
Worst Anime?
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2004, 04:09:19 pm »
I've heard that Kokoro Library is pretty awful.  A bunch of overly-cute characters waiting around a library complaining about overdue books.
~Sean Larson~

Offline Katy

• Cabbit
Worst Anime?
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2004, 04:20:28 pm »
overly cute.. :X lol those anime blow XD especially when theres no plot WHAT so ever

Offline ScorpioEyez

• Cabbit
Worst Anime?
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2004, 06:10:04 pm »
Cyborg 009.... I watched it once just to check it out and by the end I wanted to gouge my eyes out with a rusty spoon.

Offline princessfrodo

• Catgirl
Worst Anime?
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2004, 06:15:19 pm »
I hate AstroBoy with a vengence, and dislike Metropolis because of the art style used, though I love the plot of Metropolis. ^.^;
No, I'm not insane.  I'm just... happy.

Offline zenix

• Chibi
Worst Anime?
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2004, 08:06:36 pm »
o i have grown to hate dbz i used to like it but then i realized if you have seen one saga u have basicly seen them all

i didnt like Metropolis my sister bought it i watched it once ggot about have way though and didnt watch anymore of it

Offline sassy_lassy

• Chibi
Worst Anime?
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2004, 08:14:37 pm »
Yah... animes grow on you, I use to absolutly hate Cyborg 009 then my dad forced me to watch a marathon of it, and it grew on me O.O; Then I like the episodes with Gohan going to school in DBZ those are hilarious!  but... has anyone seen "I am a cat"  or "I am a dog" o.o;  oh oh! I hate Akira, I don't know why I just do!
Sweet Times

Offline ScorpioEyez

• Cabbit
Worst Anime?
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2004, 05:07:34 am »
Oh I forgot to mention my other most hated anime........ I know that I'm going to get some backlash for this but I hated Neon Genesis Evangelion. I can see why others would like it but I would rather bash my head into a wall repeatedly than be forced to sit through that again.

Offline BlackjackGabbiani

• Bunnygirl
Worst Anime?
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2004, 01:13:22 pm »
There was one I saw called "Kenji's Spring"...

Dear god, never again. Nothing HAPPENED. At *all*. And everyone was cats.

Offline zenix

• Chibi
Worst Anime?
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2004, 04:57:45 pm »

There was one I saw called "Kenji's Spring"...

Dear god, never again. Nothing HAPPENED. At *all*. And everyone was cats.

lol

Offline FilkAeris

• Chibi
Worst Anime?
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2004, 09:19:07 pm »
The Tekken movie.  Watching that is like getting a partial lobotomy.  You speak in disjointed sentences for hours afterward.  O.o*

(It's a movie badly based on the Tekken fighting game, if that gives you any idea.  The "plot", so to speak, is similar to that of Battle Royale, only incredibly boring and with grownups and no exploding collars.  And this kid's dad throws him off a cliff, so he develops a bad haircut and a demonic mouth in his chest.  Very...speshul.)

KUMORICON 2014: BEST. CON. EVER! LET'S DO IT ALL AGAIN IN 2015!

Offline zenix

• Chibi
Worst Anime?
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2004, 10:32:44 pm »
yeah that was a bad movie

Offline mechaps-com

• Oni
    • http://mechaps.com
Worst Anime?
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2004, 02:44:35 am »
Wings of Mayonase, or however you spell it. I fell asleep the first time, so I watched it again thinking I missed something. I felt doubly robbed of my time.
Earle Bishop
Project Coordinator
Mechanized Propulsion Systems
http://mechaps.com

Offline BigGuy

• Catgirl
Worst Anime?
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2004, 02:38:20 pm »
*gets in way back machine, goes way back*  anyone here remember the Guyver? *spasm* acckkk, we watched all the movies in one day. Never again.
And now I'm a catgirl?

The voice of the one I love
was all I could hear as I lay broken in the darkness
My own voice faltered
My wings no longer had the strength to fly
 -Lagoon Engine Einsatz-

Offline princessfrodo

• Catgirl
Worst Anime?
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2004, 02:56:53 pm »
Quote from: "mechaps-com"
Wings of Mayonase, or however you spell it. I fell asleep the first time, so I watched it again thinking I missed something. I felt doubly robbed of my time.

The ending was kinda creepy, but the rest of the movie was kinda bleh. ^.^;

Offline Sheltie

• Cabbit
Worst Anime?
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2004, 09:35:35 am »
Let's see... worst Anime... hmm....  *thinks for a moment*... ... ... I hated Vandred.  It was really creepy, the girls were emphisized on the ideal figure a little TOO much (let's just say, barely ANY clothes, skinny waist, and big... um... you know, c cup or higher or really disperportionate, anyways).  The guys were badly drawn (and scared me) and the plot scared me.  I couldn't finish watching an episode!  Oh, and Puni Puni Poemi  *shivers*  that needs NO explnation...   Well, other then that, I'm good!

Sheltie

*hides under bed away from people reading post*
[The Secret Place
His voice... It's left me...
This time... I'll fight...]

[We'll go together.]

Offline Irnogs

• Chibi
Worst Anime?
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2004, 03:56:42 pm »
Bad anime?! Never!! Lol... actually I have seen a few. I've long since pushed most out of my mind, but I do remember one. I'm sure someone's bound to have liked it too, but Hakkenden, The: Legend of the Dog Warriors. I didn't care much for the animation style, they could've most definately cleaned up the transfer some too. That was discouraging, but I'd have to say when the dog got the lord's daughter, AND reproduced... that was a little much, I think I lost most interest at that point. There's something wrong with that. I was dissappointed too, cuz it was EXPENSIVE like $60 I think, luckily I was able to trade it away for a couple good movies. I guess bestiality just ruins the mood for me.. *sigh*

Offline zenix

• Chibi
Worst Anime?
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2004, 09:39:35 am »
WHOS YOUR DOGGY
WHOS YOUR DOGGY

Offline Irnogs

• Chibi
Worst Anime?
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2004, 03:02:03 pm »
.... that's just wrong on so many levels...

Offline EvilMonkey

• Founder
  • Catgirl
Worst Anime?
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2004, 03:14:44 pm »
Quote from: "Irnogs"

I seem to hear that line a lot when it comes to anime...
~Sean Larson~

Offline Katy

• Cabbit
Worst Anime?
« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2004, 03:25:43 pm »
Quote from: "Irnogs"

i agree lol

Offline Kei-Kei

• Chibi
Worst Anime?
« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2004, 05:44:58 pm »
:lol:  *Laughs* That's is so wrong, Zenix, but so funny at the same time. X: The movie, is another bad one I've seen. I hated it.

Offline zenix

• Chibi
Worst Anime?
« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2004, 03:46:58 am »
it may be wrong but u know u laughed :lol:

Offline HentaiJess

• Oni
    • http://www.jpotaku.com
Worst Anime?
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2004, 06:05:40 pm »
OTAKU watched 3X3 Eyes last year, and it was a great anime, but the subbing SUCKED!  And it was a copy my friend bought in the store!  Every 3 minutes an email address came up, we think it was the people who did the subbing.  I wanted to email them a nastygram telling them about the craptacular job they did with the subtitles.

Grrrrr.

J-chan
OTAKU (Oregon Tech Anime Club) President
Annoyed All Over Again
Friends don't let friends watch DUBBED anime.

Offline EvilMonkey

• Founder
  • Catgirl
Worst Anime?
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2004, 07:49:27 pm »
I've been lucky enough to quality test a lot of the fansubs we'll have access to, so I know that we have decent subbing, with readable subs.
~Sean Larson~

Offline Catnip

• Oni
    • http://gladstone.uoregon.edu/~shartley/blogger.html
Worst Anime?
« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2004, 08:14:15 pm »
I have over 500 CDs of fansubbed anime... if you guys are looking for anything in particular I might be able to hook you up with some.
AKA - ToxicBlinky

Offline princessfrodo

• Catgirl
Worst Anime?
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2004, 07:27:49 am »
I've got the LaughingMan fansubbs of GitS:SAC if you need them, though I'll have the DVD's by the time Kumori Con rolls around, if they're released. ^.^

Offline zenix

• Chibi
Worst Anime?
« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2004, 09:04:53 am »
i got gundam seed 1-50 fansub

Offline Kei-Kei

• Chibi
Worst Anime?
« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2004, 12:36:54 am »
First two or three episodes of Inu Yasha I downloaded before it was released had some really bad fansubs.

Offline CutieHoney

• Oni
    • My myspace
Worst Anime?
« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2004, 10:03:12 pm »
Hrrm. Very hard to say. I havn't seen many that I would say are 'bad' but rather ones I wasn't very intereted in.

Anything dub just about tosses it into the 'bad' pile now a days. Very few good dubs > : [
I like to make new anime buddies. So just contact me via messanger.

Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/chinadoll66102
Livejournal: (though it's pretty much friends-only: http://httP://www.livejournal.com

Offline alanna_liadon

• Cabbit
Worst Anime?
« Reply #36 on: May 25, 2004, 08:23:27 pm »
Anime I could not stand:  Puni Puni Poemi and Excel Saga come to a close tie, followed by the original GITS and Akira(I didn't like the art style or story of either).  PPP and ES were just too frantically stupid for me.  At least FLCL has a plot once you get to the end.  =^_^=
~ Alanna =^_^=

Worst Anime?
« Reply #37 on: May 25, 2004, 08:33:15 pm »
Akira wasn't my absolute favorite either, what with the creepy ugly kids and exploding blob-head tetsuyo =p. But I  pretty much learned to give it the benifit of the doubt.....being that it was created in 1989, for that time the animation was superb and shifted the thought of 'animtion' from a kiddy, walt disney  sense into an adult sense. So really, it was at least, quite revolutionary.

Offline TheOffspring

• Cabbit
    • http://www.myspace.com/Julievee
hmm...
« Reply #38 on: July 05, 2004, 05:31:50 pm »
i can't StAND Digi charat!!! i hate the art.  I also can't stand Battle Athletes or DBZ.  But i LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!! Gokudo-kun Manyuuki and Magic Users Club!!!!!!!!!!

Offline BlackjackGabbiani

• Bunnygirl
Worst Anime?
« Reply #39 on: July 05, 2004, 09:18:39 pm »
Quote from: "CutieHoney"

Anything dub just about tosses it into the 'bad' pile now a days. Very few good dubs > : [

Why do you say that?

I find that dubbing is better *now* than it's ever been, really.

Offline Kay-Skay

• Cabbit
    • http://
Worst Anime?
« Reply #40 on: July 05, 2004, 10:00:00 pm »
Let's see I really don't like DBZ, Golden Boy, Excel Saga, Sailor Moon, Pokemon, and Perfect Blue.
I am a cloudy sky in which shafts of brilliance pirce through to momentarily illuminate the earth.
KLM

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
Worst Anime?
« Reply #41 on: July 06, 2004, 09:58:19 am »
I'm glad to hear that others don't like DBZ.  I lost interest during the final battle against Frieza that I stopped watching it, came back two weeks later, and they were still fighting.  The only difference was the planet was going to blow up in three minutes rather than five.  They could have cut so much of that show.

Offline Radgore

• Cabbit
Worst Anime?
« Reply #42 on: July 06, 2004, 10:59:05 am »
I LOATHE YU-GI-OH WITH A PASSION! What could be worse than "oh No!  I have been defeated by your Dark Magician I will get you for this argh!!
This is the stupidest anime show ever! I can find no words to descride the deepest loathing that is mine for this show. A guy is transformed into a super card player so he can beat some other guy at cards for the fate of the universe or something. Not my Idea of entertainment.
No man is safe here...

Offline princessfrodo

• Catgirl
Worst Anime?
« Reply #43 on: July 06, 2004, 01:43:23 pm »
The first season of Yu-Gi-Oh! was better.  It had Yami running around setting people on fire and cackling about it.  Then they aimed the show at little kids, and it because massivly stupid. >.<

Another horrid dubb: Full Metal Alchemist.  Great show ruined by yet another bad dubb. >.<

Offline YariChuu

• Sailor Scout
Yu-Gi-Oh / DBZ
« Reply #44 on: July 07, 2004, 12:26:30 pm »
Errmm...Yu-Gi-Oh, Yu Yu Hakusho, and DBZ are my least favourite series just off the top of my head... o.o And I'm somewhat "Anti-Mechs"... No giant fighting robots for meh x_X;;; whee...
Pokemon is fun though. XD Because I'm stupid and cubone is cute.

And as of movies I'd say Akira. o_o First time I saw it I loved it...Second time I hated it...Third time, I have NO idea...

....ummm....Thats my two cents. o_o

....*wanders off*
No No Four times no I'm not your daughter!

Offline Oubeji

• Chibi
    • http://oubeji.deviantart.com/
Hmmm...
« Reply #45 on: July 07, 2004, 05:02:48 pm »
I just stay away from dub in general. Everything is so cut up and it's geared toward 'kids' so nothing good comes out of it. Yet whoever translated Pokemon knows how to really make me laugh(lol)
Sometime the Anime can be pretty bad but the manga might come out great. (Hey, I love DBZ! The manga does not take so long... XD )
But then I really don't have any Anime I dislike, and whenever this topic comes out it turns out offending specific fan from certain Anime...
-A.I-

Offline Kei-Kei

• Chibi
Worst Anime?
« Reply #46 on: July 08, 2004, 12:40:15 pm »
I hate:

Excel Saga: the girl who voiced Excel had the most annoying voice, really high and scratchy.

Yu-Gi-Oh: I've read the first season of the manga, and it's fun in a weird violent sort of way, but anything after that in the anime makes me want to bang my head against the wall until I black out

Golden Boy: I started to watch the first episode and turned it off halfway through. It wasn't funny, or boring. Just stupid.