Author Topic: 2009 October 25!! Annual Meeting  (Read 61431 times)

Offline kjayers

• Chibi
Re: 2009 October 25!! Annual Meeting
« Reply #50 on: September 21, 2009, 06:39:49 pm »
This is the big room to the right at the top of the pretty stairs from the lobby of the Main (not Executive) Tower.  In the elevator, it is the PL level.

AKA Live 1.

Y'know, I almost said that.  ;)
« Last Edit: September 21, 2009, 06:40:33 pm by kjayers »
2015 Secretary & MSO Manager
2014 Secretary & MSO Manager
2010 Secretary
2009 Secretary
2008 Assistant Secretary & Parliamentarian

Offline Shingami_lover

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Facebook
« Reply #51 on: September 22, 2009, 12:31:18 am »
Thank you!
~2016~
Sasuke Uchiha, Kanda Yuu
Touka, Michiru,
and Haha

~Panels~
Anime Court 16, 14, 13 - Chess Master 2014

DicePanda Cosplay, Cosplayers of Oregon, Brothers United Productions

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #52 on: September 22, 2009, 05:36:01 am »
Yay, I don't have to worry about getting out of work early to get to the meeting!

I was worried I would have to miss the panel.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #53 on: September 25, 2009, 07:02:42 pm »
Ah!
Is Tom going to record the panel??  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
So us losers with no way to Portland can see?

Attendee since: 2004
Volunteer since: 2010
Staffer since: 2012

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #54 on: September 25, 2009, 07:24:06 pm »
does anyone know how many staffers showed up at the last election?
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline kjayers

• Chibi
« Reply #55 on: September 25, 2009, 08:47:52 pm »
does anyone know how many staffers showed up at the last election?

It looks like we ended up with 54, according to the minutes.
2010 Secretary
2009 Secretary

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #56 on: September 26, 2009, 06:10:09 am »
If Dawn allows me to I would be glad to record it for you.
The elections are always a special case when it comes to recording. I can't just leave the camera up the whole time. Since the candidates leave the room after their debate, the concerns and comments given by those present are confidential. Nobody is supposed to record them in any way, not even photography. The idea is that you don't have to worry about something negative being taken personally by the candidate and hurting your working relationship with them.

I Will have the video camera there for the first part of the meeting but I won't be filming the elections themselves because I don't want to put up with the hassle of the paranoid elections staff.

On a different subject, do you guys think that maybe this year we can have fewer people standing in the back yakking away when people get up and talk. You are distracting and disrespectful to the speaker.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!

Offline AllyKat

• Administrator
« Reply #57 on: September 26, 2009, 02:23:34 pm »

On a different subject, do you guys think that maybe this year we can have fewer people standing in the back yakking away when people get up and talk. You are distracting and disrespectful to the speaker.

If you want, I can bring a roll of duct tape for just such instances!

~Allykat
2009 - Attendee
2010 - Facilities Liaison
2011 - Director of Publicity
2012 - Director of Publicity
2013 - Facilities Liaison
2014 - Vice Chair

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #58 on: September 26, 2009, 05:29:52 pm »
that sounds like a good idea

Offline DarkStar

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #59 on: September 27, 2009, 09:25:55 am »
If Dawn allows me to I would be glad to record it for you.
The elections are always a special case when it comes to recording. I can't just leave the camera up the whole time. Since the candidates leave the room after their debate, the concerns and comments given by those present are confidential. Nobody is supposed to record them in any way, not even photography. The idea is that you don't have to worry about something negative being taken personally by the candidate and hurting your working relationship with them.

I Will have the video camera there for the first part of the meeting but I won't be filming the elections themselves because I don't want to put up with the hassle of the paranoid elections staff.

Tom brings up a good point. Legally, the "Annual Membership Meeting" is not a "Public Meeting" and can only be attended by "Members". I would argue that the non-elections portions should be the only ones videotaped for the public and the announcement of the elections results.
--Chris ^_^

Offline Rathany

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #60 on: September 27, 2009, 08:36:53 pm »
We do typically allow non-members to attend the elections, and speak at them.
2003 - 2006 Kumoricon Attendee
2007 - Assistant Registration Manager - PreReg Side
2008 - Vice Chair
2009/2010 - Director of Relations
2011 - Return to Vice
2012 - herp derp

Offline kjayers

• Chibi
« Reply #61 on: September 27, 2009, 08:48:55 pm »
Legally, the "Annual Membership Meeting" is not a "Public Meeting" and can only be attended by "Members".

Not... quite.

There isn't any such thing as a "Public Meeting" defined in Altonimbus Entertainment Bylaws.

Per the bylaws, Article 10, Section B, "3. All Members of Altonimbus Entertainment shall have the right to attend Membership Meetings."  This means no policy set by the Board can deny Members their right to attend Membership meetings.  It does not address whether meetings are open to the public.

There is no distinction between the Annual Meeting and regular meetings in this particular.  All have the potential to be closed except to Members. However, it has been our practice NOT to exclude the public from meetings.

Unless and until the Board sets a policy to close a meeting (or type of meeting) to the public, general attendance is not disallowed.

It is okay for non-members to attend.

2010 Secretary
2009 Secretary

Offline AllyKat

• Administrator
« Reply #62 on: September 27, 2009, 09:14:20 pm »
Legally, the "Annual Membership Meeting" is not a "Public Meeting" and can only be attended by "Members".

Not... quite.

There isn't any such thing as a "Public Meeting" defined in Altonimbus Entertainment Bylaws.

Per the bylaws, Article 10, Section B, "3. All Members of Altonimbus Entertainment shall have the right to attend Membership Meetings."  This means no policy set by the Board can deny Members their right to attend Membership meetings.  It does not address whether meetings are open to the public.

There is no distinction between the Annual Meeting and regular meetings in this particular.  All have the potential to be closed except to Members. However, it has been our practice NOT to exclude the public from meetings.

Unless and until the Board sets a policy to close a meeting (or type of meeting) to the public, general attendance is not disallowed.

Plus... it would make me super duper sad cause, per the idea of being a member, you have to have paid for your "membership" i.e. your
registration fee for the convention. But... doesnt that mean that, until you can register for the next years convention...(as a staff)
you technically are not a member? That would mean that those of us who were not staff last year can't even voice our opinion as to the
Board and Coordinators for this year. I respect we can't vote, that makes sense, but being able to say our piece if we feel so inclined,
that should be allowed...

I know this is not in contest, so there is no reason for me to be worried, I'm just saying, my situation anecdotally is probably why
"non-members" are allowed at the elections meeting.

And also cause it's nice to include people in things! ^_^

~Allykat
2009 - Attendee
2014 - Vice Chair

Offline kjayers

• Chibi
« Reply #63 on: September 27, 2009, 09:31:11 pm »
Plus... it would make me super duper sad cause, per the idea of being a member, you have to have paid for your "membership" i.e. your
registration fee for the convention. But... doesnt that mean that, until you can register for the next years convention...(as a staff)
you technically are not a member? That would mean that those of us who were not staff last year can't even voice our opinion as to the
Board and Coordinators for this year. I respect we can't vote, that makes sense, but being able to say our piece if we feel so inclined,

I know this is not in contest, so there is no reason for me to be worried, I'm just saying, my situation anecdotally is probably why

~Allykat

So -- you're agreeing with the current practice of allowing non-members to attend and speak, right?  And saying you're an example of why it's a good idea?
2010 Secretary
2009 Secretary

Offline AllyKat

• Administrator
« Reply #64 on: September 27, 2009, 11:40:51 pm »

~Allykat

So -- you're agreeing with the current practice of allowing non-members to attend and speak, right?  And saying you're an example of why it's a good idea?

Exactly! Did I make it sound like I wasnt? Sorry! That was not my intention.

~Allykat
2009 - Attendee
2014 - Vice Chair

Offline kjayers

• Chibi
« Reply #65 on: September 28, 2009, 12:42:53 am »

~Allykat

Just making sure I'd caught up with you.  ;)
2010 Secretary
2009 Secretary

Offline AllyKat

• Administrator
« Reply #66 on: September 28, 2009, 01:03:53 am »
So -- you're agreeing with the current practice of allowing non-members to attend and speak, right?  And saying you're an example of why it's a good idea?

~Allykat

Just making sure I'd caught up with you.  ;)

Oh! Okay.. sorry, your avatar intimidates me a wee bit... any time I see a post by you I instantly
get worried that mine will have one or more of the errors listed in it... for instance; I purposely
do not use the word "Definitely" because I can never remember if I am spelling it correctly. Well,
I wont say never, but I make a concious effort not to... heh...

^_^ Yay for good grammar!

~Allykat

EDIT: To make sure you know this is light hearted!
« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 01:05:12 am by AllyKat »
2009 - Attendee
2014 - Vice Chair

Offline kjayers

• Chibi
« Reply #67 on: September 28, 2009, 01:25:30 am »
Oh! Okay.. sorry, your avatar intimidates me a wee bit... any time I see a post by you I instantly get worried that mine will have one or more of the errors listed in it... for instance; I purposely do not use the word "Definitely" because I can never remember if I am spelling it correctly. Well, I wont say never, but I make a concious effort not to... heh...

^_^ Yay for good grammar!

~Allykat

EDIT: To make sure you know this is light hearted!

*giggles madly*  It's all good  ;D

2010 Secretary
2009 Secretary

Offline Hawkeye

• Catgirl
« Reply #68 on: September 28, 2009, 06:54:31 pm »

Not... quite.

If I remember correctly, attendees are technically members of Altonimbus, just members without voting rights.  Correct me if I'm wrong on this one, Jo.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2009, 06:01:03 pm by Hawkeye »
"Now I'll show you how real vampires do battle!"

Offline DarkStar

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #69 on: September 29, 2009, 02:24:20 pm »
Okay, with my concerns set aside about non-members attending the annual meeting/elections meeting, how will the elections be conducted to verify that only members will be voting? I assume our names will be verified when we pick up a ballot?
--Chris ^_^

Offline kjayers

• Chibi
« Reply #70 on: September 29, 2009, 07:09:39 pm »
Okay, with my concerns set aside about non-members attending the annual meeting/elections meeting, how will the elections be conducted to verify that only members will be voting? I assume our names will be verified when we pick up a ballot?

I appreciate your concerns.  We'll be announcing all the particulars at the time of election once the details are confirmed with the Presiding Officer of the Election.  (And this is absolutely one of the items being addressed.)

Details which are NOT subject to change can be found in Article 7, Section D of the bylaws.
2010 Secretary
2009 Secretary

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #71 on: September 30, 2009, 08:24:33 pm »
I assume our names will be verified when we pick up a ballot?

Yeah, they check our ID when we get our ballot.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!

Offline kjayers

• Chibi
« Reply #72 on: September 30, 2009, 10:11:05 pm »
I assume our names will be verified when we pick up a ballot?

Yeah, they check our ID when we get our ballot.

Not necessarily.  The details currently being discussed are to check off names during ballot return.

Doing something a certain way in the past is often taken into consideration (we'd rather not re-invent the wheel), but it can't be assumed that we'll always do it that way.  I want to get a Policy and Procedure manual assembled to get things more consistent, but even then, policies and procedures can be subject to change.
2010 Secretary
2009 Secretary

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #73 on: October 01, 2009, 10:22:33 am »
I am comfortable saying that the ID will be checked even if it is changed. People should have their ID with them at all times anyways, it encourages the status quo.

However there is the controversial PROXY VOTERS, they don't have to bring ID for the people who are not present, just the signed affidavit.

Do we have proxy vote forms for this election yet?
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!

Offline kjayers

• Chibi
« Reply #74 on: October 01, 2009, 04:22:09 pm »
Do we have proxy vote forms for this election yet?

Yes. 

If you cannot make it to the meeting, you may designate someone as your proxy by using this form.  Your proxy may use your vote however they wish, so choose with care.  Also, a person can hold proxy for only two other people.
2010 Secretary
2009 Secretary

Offline camname21

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #75 on: October 01, 2009, 08:07:54 pm »
I don't bring ID with me anywhere unless I know I'm to be carded, or buying something. 

Offline JeffT

• Administrator
    • Facebook
    • Google+
« Reply #76 on: October 01, 2009, 08:12:52 pm »
I don't bring ID with me anywhere unless I know I'm to be carded, or buying something. 

People do that at their own risk... it would be natural to expect that we might check ID for voting since it is restricted to members.
2023: Website Development Coordinator
2020-2022: Assistant Secretary, Website Development Coordinator
2011 - 2013, 2016-2019: Secretary
2007 - 2019: Website Manager
2015: Assistant Secretary
2014: Chair
2007 - 2009: Director of Publicity
2006: Copy Editor

Offline camname21

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #77 on: October 01, 2009, 09:57:13 pm »
While it may be extremely easier to check ID, you would allow someone that forgot theirs to just rattle off something that's on their registration form in regard to personal info only they might know, right?  Though I can see you guys not being organized enough to have a document like that on file with you, being how we are so small an organization. 

Offline JeffT

• Administrator
    • Facebook
    • Google+
« Reply #78 on: October 01, 2009, 10:03:43 pm »
While it may be extremely easier to check ID, you would allow someone that forgot theirs to just rattle off something that's on their registration form in regard to personal info only they might know, right?  Though I can see you guys not being organized enough to have a document like that on file with you, being how we are so small an organization. 

We have the registration forms on file, but I don't know what the policy will be on forgotten ID. Realistically, it would be easier and safer to have somebody vouch for the person, than rely on registration info which isn't really secret as "passwords". I think it's a fair expectation that staff carry ID with them.
2023: Website Development Coordinator
2020-2022: Assistant Secretary, Website Development Coordinator
2011 - 2013, 2016-2019: Secretary
2007 - 2019: Website Manager
2015: Assistant Secretary
2014: Chair
2007 - 2009: Director of Publicity
2006: Copy Editor

Offline AllyKat

• Administrator
« Reply #79 on: October 01, 2009, 10:14:02 pm »
Just wait till Real ID Act goes into effect....

*starts to contemplate the design she'll put around her barcode...*

^_^

I honestly dont see why it's such a big deal to have some piece of
identification on you when you go do things like vote or board a plane
or this and that... would you want someone posing as you, who happens
to know things like your SSI # and you address and phone number, to
vote FOR you? Obviously you may not think K-con voting is so serious
someone would steal your identity, but that is no reason to be lax!

We just gotta keep things secure! Anyone who was at Random Panel
knows that if you break the law, Shin-ra electric company don't mess
around! They take you down! And it's $5 bucks to get you free!

~Allykat
2009 - Attendee
2014 - Vice Chair

Offline camname21

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #80 on: October 02, 2009, 12:56:43 am »
Just wait till Real ID Act goes into effect....

*starts to contemplate the design she'll put around her barcode...*

^_^
~Allykat

That would mean its time to start shooting people in charge. 

But ya its not a big deal, was just seeing the "what if" had a good response.

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #81 on: October 11, 2009, 11:05:16 am »
If you cannot make it to the meeting, you may designate someone as your proxy by using this form.  Your proxy may use your vote however they wish, so choose with care.  Also, a person can hold proxy for only two other people.

so all you need is this form, no phone calls on election day to the person you are proxy for or witness signatures or anything like that?

Offline kjayers

• Chibi
« Reply #82 on: October 11, 2009, 01:08:23 pm »
If you cannot make it to the meeting, you may designate someone as your proxy by using this form.  Your proxy may use your vote however they wish, so choose with care.  Also, a person can hold proxy for only two other people.

so all you need is this form, no phone calls on election day to the person you are proxy for or witness signatures or anything like that?

Yep.
2010 Secretary
2009 Secretary

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #83 on: October 16, 2009, 12:00:24 am »
ag, going to miss this meeting I don't want to spread the flu I have around as it is a nasty one. :(
« Last Edit: October 24, 2009, 06:54:11 pm by superjaz »

Offline MichaelEvans

• Catgirl
« Reply #84 on: October 24, 2009, 11:13:19 pm »
There are only a few votes that don't at least potentially have another candidate.  For all those that lack a second option I am at least personally satisfied with the candidates.  Congratulations to everyone, my self included, who is stepping up in support of what you care about.  Not just those running, but everyone attempting to attend and vote.

I have some tough choices to make tomorrow, but it's a tough that is good, for everything I've heard of the candidates is good, and I feel that it's likely a good decision will be reached in all outcomes.

I hope everything goes smoothly on the ride down; and even more on the heavy rain that's expected on the 3 hour drive back north.

See you all tomorrow!
---
Staff 2007-2010
2010-2008: Website Development (So very very much in the last month before the convention at last; Good thing I'm looking for work x.x and have the spare time ~.~)
2007: Website Administration (Mascot Voting Input, Live Schedule)

Offline MichaelEvans

• Catgirl
« Reply #85 on: October 25, 2009, 07:52:31 am »
I hope no one else was relying on an older alarm clock that didn't know about the new DST times... if they were like I was it probably gave them a surprise (an hour late).
---
Staff 2007-2010
2010-2008: Website Development (So very very much in the last month before the convention at last; Good thing I'm looking for work x.x and have the spare time ~.~)

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #86 on: October 25, 2009, 09:16:23 pm »
IT IS FINISHED!

Behold the triumphant candidates known as K-Force 2010!
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!

Offline Trumby

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #87 on: October 25, 2009, 11:00:26 pm »
Congrats everyone! :D
2011 New Cosplay Plans: Boba Fett, Hoshi (Arakawa Under the Bridge), Malcolm Reynolds

Offline pyronine

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • My anime list
« Reply #88 on: October 26, 2009, 05:31:32 am »
IT IS FINISHED!

Behold the triumphant candidates known as K-Force 2010!

Triumphant? nobody really ran against them except for brandon. That vote could have gone either way. sorry trotter.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2009, 05:33:40 am by pyronine »
=^_^=

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #89 on: October 26, 2009, 06:33:03 pm »
Triumphant? nobody really ran against them except for brandon. That vote could have gone either way. sorry trotter.

Don't be such a downer.

The first few videos are up if anyone wanted to attend Rathany's panel on hotels.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6ItaE1w26M
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!

Offline MichaelEvans

• Catgirl
« Reply #90 on: October 26, 2009, 07:16:20 pm »

I object; I was seriously running and willing to take up the position of Publicity Director.  Granted I would have delegated 2/3rds of the department to others, but I would have assumed full responsibility for making sure things got done well and on time.
---
Staff 2007-2010

Offline pyronine

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • My anime list
« Reply #91 on: October 26, 2009, 08:55:33 pm »

Don't be such a downer.

I object; I was seriously running and willing to take up the position of Publicity Director.  Granted I would have delegated 2/3rds of the department to others, but I would have assumed full responsibility for making sure things got done well and on time.

Ok so there was a total of 3 that ran against last years staff. It just seemed like (no offense)  Mike was up there to make his opponent look good. Keep in mind this is coming from someone who has never been to a meeting. Therefore i do not know your backgrounds yet. I only know 3 or so people from volunteering this year (brandon, trotter, and kylite), now i can kinda add tom to it. mmmmm pocky
=^_^=

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #92 on: October 26, 2009, 09:56:36 pm »
um I would be careful how you word things, because saying that Michael was just making other people look good is very insulting to Michael. I would just like to speak in defence, that he is a very capable staff, and when ever I have had a question for him I got  a curtious answer.                                                    now what i like to think is that the board members we have are just Po perfect for their positions that its hard to even hard to think of anyone else for the positions

Offline AllyKat

• Administrator
« Reply #93 on: October 26, 2009, 10:00:43 pm »
Besides.... lets not forget that there are PLENTY more positions to go around right?

Just because you didn't get front row seats doesn't mean you shouldn't go to the show!

Also, Triumph never required opposition, basking in glory merely takes a self pride that
recognizes an amazing or well earned status. Clearly our Board is amazing and certainly
earned their place.

Now the task is to find the ammunition in the guns and marksmen we have just bought!
Lets make sure the steady hands of our board have more than just a arsenal of nerf
darts to attack the beast that is K-con '10 with!

Aren't analogies just fun?

~Allykat
2009 - Attendee
2014 - Vice Chair

Offline MichaelEvans

• Catgirl
« Reply #94 on: October 27, 2009, 01:01:27 am »

I object; I was seriously running and willing to take up the position of Publicity Director.  Granted I would have delegated 2/3rds of the department to others, but I would have assumed full responsibility for making sure things got done well and on time.

Ok so there was a total of 3 that ran against last years staff. It just seemed like (no offense)  Mike was up there to make his opponent look good. Keep in mind this is coming from someone who has never been to a meeting. Therefore i do not know your backgrounds yet. I only know 3 or so people from volunteering this year (brandon, trotter, and kylite), now i can kinda add tom to it. mmmmm pocky

Well, that was my first time in quite a while in front of a large audience.  It also doesn't help that I'm not terribly charismatic and most of the questions were about things everyone knows publicity does (the publications/relations) thanks to my on the spot outline of the few things that I would be doing before asking other departments any areas they could use help in streamlining communications and information tracking.  Plus my opponent has been a manager/coordinator/assistant director while I consider my self to have had far less direct responsibility.  Usually just trying to help make things flow more smoothly.

By the end of the debate even -I- was sure that I wouldn't be voting for my self; I really felt she would be able to do what was best for the convention, and she really was the first (and only name at that moment) on my list for someone to delegate all the things I had no clue about operating.  Which is why I wanted to make things quick with a vote by acclimation instead of dragging things out any longer than they really needed to be.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 01:02:17 am by MichaelEvans »
---
Staff 2007-2010

Offline pyronine

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • My anime list
« Reply #95 on: October 27, 2009, 05:37:12 am »

I object; I was seriously running and willing to take up the position of Publicity Director.  Granted I would have delegated 2/3rds of the department to others, but I would have assumed full responsibility for making sure things got done well and on time.

Ok so there was a total of 3 that ran against last years staff. It just seemed like (no offense)  Mike was up there to make his opponent look good. Keep in mind this is coming from someone who has never been to a meeting. Therefore i do not know your backgrounds yet. I only know 3 or so people from volunteering this year (brandon, trotter, and kylite), now i can kinda add tom to it. mmmmm pocky

Well, that was my first time in quite a while in front of a large audience.  It also doesn't help that I'm not terribly charismatic and most of the questions were about things everyone knows publicity does (the publications/relations) thanks to my on the spot outline of the few things that I would be doing before asking other departments any areas they could use help in streamlining communications and information tracking.  Plus my opponent has been a manager/coordinator/assistant director while I consider my self to have had far less direct responsibility.  Usually just trying to help make things flow more smoothly.

By the end of the debate even -I- was sure that I wouldn't be voting for my self; I really felt she would be able to do what was best for the convention, and she really was the first (and only name at that moment) on my list for someone to delegate all the things I had no clue about operating.  Which is why I wanted to make things quick with a vote by acclimation instead of dragging things out any longer than they really needed to be.

Knowing that, i am sorry for my remarks.

As i stated "Keep in mind this is coming from someone who has never been to a meeting. Therefore i do not know your backgrounds yet."

If you went to your first meeting and saw all the opponents dropping out by suggesting a vote by acclimation after a debate, wouldn't you think that the whole reason for them running was just to make their opponents talk more about their background and how they run things?
=^_^=

Offline AllyKat

• Administrator
« Reply #96 on: October 27, 2009, 07:53:07 am »
I'd like to think that the reason Michael ran is because....

He is secretly the top agent of a covert government organization that uses charming young
men as infiltrators into the worlds top societies in order to gain information on culture and
ritual, allowing them to slowly converge on our unsuspecting meetings, and with a fierce-ness
and swift-ness never seen before, ninja-style execute our leaders and assume there possitions,
turning a once mighty and independent organization into a government drone, whose first
order of business will be to have everyone watch the hit new Anime;
"You're Base Are Belong To Us: Why the Government is your friend."

Clearly this Michael character was only feigning desire to rule in publicity so he could learn our
customs and report back to his superiors so that the real figure heads could come in and assume
control when the time is right!

Yeah, thats my opinion on the whole thing.

~Allykat
2009 - Attendee
2014 - Vice Chair

Offline pyronine

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • My anime list
« Reply #97 on: October 27, 2009, 07:18:02 pm »
OMG ROFLMAO
=^_^=

Offline camname21

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #98 on: October 27, 2009, 08:09:32 pm »
*hides in corner*  I think ill come in disguise to the next meeting as a potted plant so as to not be noticed by our government spy.  OH SNAP!  I said what my plan was.  Maybe the disguise will be so good he still won't notice me after I've just given out my plan...

Offline MichaelEvans

• Catgirl
« Reply #99 on: October 27, 2009, 09:04:47 pm »
Actually the secret plan is to run an Adult AMV contest comprised of two sections.  A section for 18+ but without actual porn (but anything right up to the line works) revolving around max Ecchi (with FF, MF, MM, and other categories), 'make me (the judges/audience) puke', Insanity, and "It doesn't fit".  The post 12PM section would be the Hentai versions of the prior categories.

Hidden just before the start of each AMV would be a small subliminal blip; programming, like Join the Marines, or watch Black Lagoon.

Actually I have been considering running an Adult AMV panel like this since Guy was mentioned something about wanting to get away from running something like that, but that he'd still like a place for those to go.

I did forget two notable categorys, perverse humor and 'This may scar you for life'.

I figured the pre midnight section would be 18+ or parental supervision required; but not carded.  Everyone would be purged from the room, and then allowed back in while being carded/age verified.
---
Staff 2007-2010