Author Topic: My purse was stolen....Need your emails, please.  (Read 21099 times)

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
My purse was stolen....Need your emails, please.
« on: September 10, 2009, 12:52:44 pm »
Hi, my purse was stolen shortly after con. In it were all or nearly all of the email addresses of folks who had signed up to join kumoricon_fanfiction@yahoogroups.com and/or the_creation_station@yahoogroups.com
So, if you or anyone you know had wanted to be on these lists (or even if you're just hearing about them now but are curious), please PM me with your name and email address, and/or go to the yahoo groups' pages and request invitations :)
Thank you!
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline camname21

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
Re: My purse was stolen....Need your emails, please.
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2009, 06:55:51 am »
Sorry to hear that :(  It's a bummer after such a nice con to have something like this happen to our members.

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2009, 11:35:07 am »
Thank you very much :)
I'm just thrilled to have gotten it over with. I had a strong premonition right before con so I knew something would leave me.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline camname21

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2009, 12:36:16 am »
Next time meditate a little on it afterwords and see if you can recall any more details then you already remembered.  You might just have been able to pick up about the purse ^.^ 

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2009, 10:33:16 am »
Next time meditate a little on it afterwords and see if you can recall any more details then you already remembered.  You might just have been able to pick up about the purse ^.^ 

*nods* Thank you!

Offline ScrumYummy

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2009, 10:58:39 am »
So sorry to hear that Ellen! That's awful :(

BTW, miss you!! I'm starting planning now to come to Kumoricon in 2010, though, so I will be sure to come by and see you :)  (I would totally help, but I want to run an art table, so I'm not sure how much I can help out.)

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2009, 12:58:29 pm »

BTW, miss you!! I'm starting planning now to come to Kumoricon in 2010, though, so I will be sure to come by and see you :)  (I would totally help, but I want to run an art table, so I'm not sure how much I can help out.)
OMG YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
You can totally still help and run a table! Trust me; this year, we had 2 panels provided by the Assistant Chair of Publicity, who also had an AA table!
We can either have you run panels and/or help w/Copics/art contest outside of AA hours, or help you find someone to cover your table, or at least you can help us plan beforehand and recruit art contestants on the forums!

Yahoo, I've missed you!PM me your digits and details!

Offline ScrumYummy

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2009, 10:52:34 am »

OMG YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
You can totally still help and run a table! Trust me; this year, we had 2 panels provided by the Assistant Chair of Publicity, who also had an AA table!
We can either have you run panels and/or help w/Copics/art contest outside of AA hours, or help you find someone to cover your table, or at least you can help us plan beforehand and recruit art contestants on the forums!

Yahoo, I've missed you!PM me your digits and details!

Lol! Haha, okay, you've talked me into it. 8D 

I would love to help outside of AA hours! (as long as the con is in Portland again...the year it was in Jantzen Beach I nearly missed the last bus out one night because I stayed too late at the con, and I was so scared that I was trapped out there but luckily I found someone who knew where the last bus out was gonna stop, and we ran and found it with minutes to spare; it was very frightening. XD) So anyway, if it's held in Portland proper (like at the Double Tree or the Hilton) I can stay as late as necessary, seeing as I live within walking distance of both locations.

Anyway. I would love to do a panel or two for you! And help you run/organize. And help with the art contest....

I'd love to help. XD  Haha, I'll send you a PM! I'm still kinda hard to reach by phone, but I'm trying to get better about messages and things.

Yay! I'm very excited! I missed you too :)

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2009, 11:09:15 am »
Sweet! Got your PM, thanks!
Definitely in Portland at the Hilton next year, no fear of going back to Jantzen Beach (at least not the Red Lion) :)

Offline ScrumYummy

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2009, 11:12:59 am »
That's perfect! It also means that I am all yours XD

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2009, 11:17:16 am »
 ;D
*loves*
I sure have missed you.

Offline camname21

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2009, 01:30:08 pm »
Awww, look at that, you lost your purse but found a friend ^.^

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2009, 10:28:17 am »
Awww, look at that, you lost your purse but found a friend ^.^
Given the choice, I'll take a friend, any time!!
And not just a friend, but a panelist and staffer! Oh yeah.

Offline ScrumYummy

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2009, 11:31:47 am »
lol! cute XD

*feels the warm fuzzies*

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2009, 12:02:58 am »
lol! cute XD

*feels the warm fuzzies*
:D <3

Offline camname21

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2009, 01:23:18 am »
What no hugs and kisses?

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2009, 11:41:47 am »
What no hugs and kisses?

Actually I had brought chocolate Hershey's Kisses to give everyone at Bedtime Stories but forgot them in my dorm room at PSU!
xoxoxo

Offline camname21

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2009, 01:41:14 pm »
Aww, well as most things I ether was working then or forgot about it, but that was of the things i circled on my pocket guide to go see.  I guess I'll have to wait till next time to get hugs and (hershey's) kisses from you ^.^ 

Maybe I should just help with CS instead of yoji next year hehe

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2009, 04:18:46 pm »
Aww, well as most things I ether was working then or forgot about it, but that was of the things i circled on my pocket guide to go see.  I guess I'll have to wait till next time to get hugs and (hershey's) kisses from you ^.^ 

Maybe I should just help with CS instead of yoji next year hehe

*wide grin* Typically Yojis are so stretched to the limit that I doubt Ops would let you split your time, but you'd certainly be welcome--and you could always ask to be the Yoji who ID checks on our floor and poke your head in and listen :) Adult Story, Story, Die! debuted this year and oh my, I'm still reeling....
And  :o have we met??

Offline camname21

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2009, 09:59:04 pm »
I don't remember meeting you, if I did a face or memorable event required, but then again I'm sure I saw you at some point at the convention.  A formal greeting was probably not exchanged, I'll probably be at the elections in october.  If you remember some guy with a bike helmet at the two meetings in august that was me.  Not the best sight after an hour bike ride into portland but anyways..  Remembering how we didn't have any yojimbo on the third floor for most of the con, and we did have some problems with traffic, I think I could get the job to go up there and patrol and ID check at night.

I wanted to see story story die too to see what it was all about but after working the masquerade ball I stayed to watch over the rave and forgot about it. :(  The events I did actually go up to 3rd to see were usually already full and I didn't want to be rude or overrun room caps just cuz I was staff. (not to mention locked doors lol)

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2009, 12:57:53 am »
Hm I imagine the directors will have to set a policy regarding locking of doors for at-capacity events (vs having a person guard the door). Given that the Prog office was on our floor it was almost always totally doable not having a yoji on the floor; if we needed any help it was a hop, skip, and jump away, and everyone, without exception, from the Prog office was fabulous and supportive! <3
However, they, and we, were, of course, also quite busy. So, if it happens that a Yoji will end up assigned to our sweet little wing (I *loved* being in a relatively quiet, relatively uncrowded wing with zero hotel security!), having that person be someone who actually is interested in the programming on our floor would be delightful! :)
Mazel Tov for biking, I can't imagine biking in a huge city like that. I was a bike commuter in college (til bike got stolen) but in a smaller town. Roller skated before that. Now taking the bus and walking as much as I can (for ecological reasons as well as exercise). Of course that was the genesis of this thread--my running to catch the bus when purse left me....yah.
Things happen for reasons, and life catapults us through, at times, in chaotic and unexpected ways; keeping an eye out for silver linings is the key to staying cheerful. 

Offline camname21

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2009, 01:23:23 am »
Aww so if I get this right you were in a rush to catch a bus and forgot/left purse somewhere and when u went to get it again it was gone?  If wrong correct me.  I dislike forgetting things when I was trying to catch the bus to school or from school.  Its such a long wait when you are so far off (CCC is last stop south).  If I go back fall I'll end up biking if I can.  If I could rollerblade everywhere... OMG I would live in those things, just because its so much fun, though not as fast as bike, and hills are worse.  Thankfully (or maybe sadly is a better word) the roads are all crappy.  I had my good (new) bike stolen at portland rock gym in 06? i think it was, was a big bummer but got an old one from mommy cheap ^.^  She got a new one and doesn't use the old one, its like older then me but still in great condition.  If you wanted to bike again you could find a cheap bike pretty easy now a days, used though.  New are basically robbery unless you live on your bike.  Side bags, lights, tools, and bike bell not included :/

I read you say things about new age stuff, what all do you get involved in?

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2009, 02:09:38 am »
I was running for a bus, while talking on a cell, doubly bad move. Had head/shoulder cocked while trying to keep purse balanced between my chest & my books. Another bad move.
The worst part was I should never have made that call anyway. @#$@#$ Mercury Retrograde and its misunderstandings! Were it not my birthday this week I would just be waiting for 9/30 to arrive (both as Mercury will be back on course and as English Beat are playing <--2-tone ska).
I'm an amateur in most of my explorations, but they include a little astrology, tarot, dream interpretation, lucid dreaming, meditation, working towards manifestings, recognizing telepathic and clairsentient experiences, intuitive eclectic ritual (solo, "couple", and group), elaborate ritual planning (e.g., I've priestessed a handfast), a little reading on Cabala (that being my family background--long story), I've worked with gems and herbs a bit, and essential oils, I'd like to learn various bodywork systems, and eventually reiki. Also lived at a Buddhist Retreat Center (in a tent with my then-boyfriend-now-roommate, and our cat) for a couple months (Tibetan Dzogchen), looked into correlates between Hinduism and Judeo-Christian thought. Done some bibliomancy, used to read the I Ching.....made my own candles and soaps, now gardening my own organic herbs.....
I'm sure there's more.......And you? Anyone?
What is CCC? Clackamas Community College? <--guess. What were you studying? Why wouldn't you go back there? What else would you do if you don't go back?
Does the Hilton have safe bike parking? We might actually look into that as a con.....
Never tried "rock climbing" as a sport though randomly have done small scale scrambling (no gear) on hikes
« Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 02:12:55 am by RemSaverem »

Offline camname21

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2009, 04:17:30 am »
^.^  <3        You are like everything I want to do, but have yet to get through the inner motivation, or calmness, to do so.  You know how to much energy can overpower a person, well that's another problem, so much too do so much energy its to hard to focus on one thing and I just burn myself to a stand still.  Or at least that's one way of looking at it.  I've not gone so far as to live at a Buddhist Retreat Center for months, but I've picked a direction with my pack and taken off for a week, baby steps to freedom, I know.  Candles and crystal bowls and soap oh my!  I've got a nice big 3rd eye crystal bowl but the energy where I live just doesn't mix well with its sound.  Or rather it clears it out and then others want in and I don't want to deal with them picking on my vibes and space.  Just not worth the hassle.  As for all the stuff you do, I just skim the surface of it all, most has its place and use but there isn't enough shareable substance to the masses to go into it, yet.  Eventually I'll find my niche.  Though I doubt it will be so much a niche as over the top overview and condensing of all things.  That just seems to be how it goes, all or nothing, for me.  Half the things I find are just laughable at there assumptions and ignorance, and the other half is undefinable (or rather undefined).  I just read two books on natural essence soap making, seems like a good deal to me, but going through and picking out what I want to make, and then finding dealers I want to buy from for what I want is a big ball of fuss I don't want to start up yet.  Would be nice if there was a single company/person/whatever that helped new homemade bar soap newbies get all the stuff they needed (with the variety of a warehouse, so lots of resources), but I haven't looked around hard enough to see if there is or not.  I'm sure there is somewhere...  Yes CCC is  clackamas community college, I went for two years, not really taking anything for a set degree and just wasn't all for it.  I got totally sick of school, and aware of other things, around 10th grade.  From then It was a struggle just to stay in and averaging out grade wise. I find it all a joke, how things are placed before us, big joke ON US.  Don't get me wrong school is as easy as breathing, and I was no trouble maker, just seeing things..  I want to go back and get started with some things but its all about timing.  Right now I'm just sitting back relaxing a bit(to much), building up the pieces to the mystery surrounding us.  I have done some rock climbing, even took a class at CCC, and hung out with the teacher and other students at some climbs.  Never went more then about 50feet up on a single outdoor route, didn't do enough anchoring practice to do a medium or larger climb that wasn't already set.  I've got all my gear, though a bit rusty because it's been like 2 years sense I used it, but I find rock climbing great fun.  Lots of free time, that's how I found Kumoricon.  Was like hey, what is this cosplay thing?  Just kind of stumbled upon some cosplaying one day, thought it was neat.  Looked for a convention and there Kcon was, one month away.  Went to a meeting in august, signed up after some thought, and here we are today.  HI! 

So wait.. someone ran by and stole your purse while walking or you dropped it and wasn't there when you went back?  So confused.  Why don't you bike anymore?

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2009, 01:51:12 pm »
Wow. Huge reply. Honored :) Thanks!Yes. I must've dropped it while I was running, didn't notice, retraced my steps, never found it. Sigh.Honestly I've been a bit wary of biking when there are memorials all over Eugene of bicyclists killed by motorists. Plus I simply don't have one, and most of my friends have had theirs stolen. Moreover, I wear glasses, which don't come with windshield wipers(nor defoggers), and this is Oregon (back East it was cold but hardly ever rainy). Honestly I prefer the pace of walking (even jogging, though in small increments, given asthma). Commuting on my old campus felt safe because I only had to ride a few small side streets til I got to areas where there were no cars. Eugene is so different from that....yikes. I absolutely relate to having so much energy and so many ideas that none get done (or many get started but few get finished). Everyone has a little ADHD sometimes....Randomly backpacking with no preset destination is not a babystep, it *is*freedom! (And for a petite gal alone could be downright sketchy....) Are you refering to a Tibetan singing bowl? I have one (somewhere). Glory Bee Distributors in Eugene is a reliable source for soap bases. You can choose among glycerine (what I've used; sets well in molds, can be obtained unscented), goat's milk (if you are not vegan), coconut oil (my next attempt). Also they have beeswax but not always the least expensive prices, but absolutely I melt at the scent of beeswax <--no pun intended lol. Wait huh? You just joined but were a Yoji? Wow. Way to jump in!

« Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 01:58:09 pm by RemSaverem »

Offline camname21

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2009, 06:48:40 pm »
Ya I had to just jump in, I don't know anyone, and I like watching anime but I'm not a HUGE fan or know much about it.  Plus, girls dressing up all cute like all over the place and in awesome outfits is always a motivation to go see what something is about tehehe.  I wear glasses too, and no they don't come with a wiper /sigh, but ,my glasses have so many defects in them from when I was working (not really scratches more the protective layering) that seeing through them with rain is not much different.  I just got used to it, fog on the other hand is a killer, honestly.  If you ride while fogged you might as well be swerving around in the street, at least if you keep moving and have a high temperature they shouldn't fog till you stop.  I heard a lot about biking down there that sucks and yes even my friend had his bike stolen while in corvallis, but if you are smart you shouldn't have a problem.  There should be tons of streets that have no traffic too, in corvallis.  I never really went down to UO besides to a book store and mall one time :D.  That sucks that you have the Asthma, I might have been to active to get it, even though my baby sitter smoked around all of us kids a good amount of the day.  Dam chemicals destroying our peoples health *shakes fist*  

Your purse now makes me laugh and cry at the same time, I've been in a hurry before and left a like item somewhere, went back 5 minutes later or less and it was gone.  People sucks some times, but now I can laugh at my mistake after years of it being the story to try and make me feel bad (wasn't all my stuff).  My crystal bowl is like.. 1.5 feet x 1.5 feet and its just a huge hollow crystal bowl that you rub a clothed stick around.  Makes the whole house vibrate if not break glass (have not broken glass with it personally).  I don't know much about the instrument other then as kid I was drawn to it.  I don't think the soap store you talking about is as broad as I'm thinking.  Maybe I'll see if who you are talking about have a website and check what they sell.  
« Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 06:53:15 pm by camname21 »

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2009, 01:13:26 pm »
Hm, bowl sounds interesting, good luck in your soap search!

Offline camname21

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2009, 05:18:57 pm »
BTW we are breaking the forum rules, OH NO!  Both side conversations, and an off topic chatter hehe. 

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2009, 04:42:18 pm »
It's all good let's just not do it any more.

Offline camname21

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2009, 06:13:55 pm »
Have you gotten yourself a new purse + accessories yet, and any luck with getting some of your contacts back?

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2009, 06:05:47 pm »
I'm using a pencil case I already had, and I found some contacts on notebooks, thanks for asking.

Offline camname21

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2009, 06:39:28 pm »
Good to hear, I hate losing someone's number.  Takes weeks to find them again and get it.