Author Topic: Internet Access for Panelists  (Read 1422 times)

Offline Tygati

• Cabbit
Internet Access for Panelists
« on: September 08, 2009, 10:52:39 pm »
I won't go into how ridiculous it is for somewhere as ritzy as the Hilton to charge extra for 'net access in the first place, but it would really be nice if something could be worked out so that panelists could get access for their presentations. I heard a couple of times that they'd expected to have wireless access, and thus the panel didn't go entirely as planned, and I suspect other panels could likewise benefit.

No idea how practical something like this would be to implement, but it seems as though it would be useful.

Offline Trumby

• Bunnygirl
Re: Internet Access for Panelists
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2009, 11:04:49 pm »
I like the idea..but I'm not sure this would ever be implemented, as staff don't even have internet access during the con. :\

It does seem very weird though, doesn't it? Less expensive hotels have free wifi (let's take a holiday inn for example) and the more expensive ones (Hilton, Marriott, Red Lion, Sheraton, Doubletree, etc) all do not <.<
2011 New Cosplay Plans: Boba Fett, Hoshi (Arakawa Under the Bridge), Malcolm Reynolds

Offline Slash5150

• Chibi
    • slash5150.smugmug.com
Re: Internet Access for Panelists
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2009, 12:57:26 am »
I think internet needed to be available to anyone who wasn't JUST an attendee.  (it took me 10 minutes to figure out how to properly word that in one phrase)
Hey ya'll I'll be starting school so time on these forums will me limited.  I will still respond to PM's so if you need to get a hold of me, PM me or send me a message on MySpace.

GGPO