Author Topic: post con sickness  (Read 6254 times)

Offline xcthulhux

• Bunnygirl
    • MAI BLOG
post con sickness
« on: September 08, 2009, 11:54:44 am »
this was my second con, and this is the second time this has happened. i feel home sick. i feel like i have left an entire family behind, and i wish i didn't have to wait a year to see everyone again. my stomach hurts, as well as other various things, and i feel extremely alone. does anyone else have this problem? what can i do to fix it? 

Offline leonmasteries

• Catgirl
Re: post con sickness
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2009, 11:56:53 am »
ya, I know what you mean, even tho this con was a little meh, it was still fun, and I enjoyed the people I talked to and hung out with there.

Offline IrukaSensei

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2009, 12:01:28 pm »
I know what you mean. I have this terrible fear that I'll lose contact with the people I met. For most of the Con I was dressed in a suit. I was the girl with the partially brown hair, partially blond hair.(It was nearly to my waist). For most of the con, well really all of it... I was hanging out with this Reno Cosplayer. I gave him my number, cause he was hella fun to hang out with. But I'm worried he may lose it, and I'll lose my new friend.
2015 Cosplay Lineup
Female Martial Arts Turk - Nova Kurosaki - FFVII: Before Crisis/Crisis Core
Kaname Kururugi - Inuyasha: Juso no Kamen(Hakama and Normal)
Chika Kururugi - Naruto OC (Formal, and Normal)

Offline pyronine

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • My anime list
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2009, 12:01:38 pm »
Last year, on the day after, it felt like the weekend was one long dream, and that i wanted to see all those i made friends with again. Unfortunately this year, i only found 1 of them. Today, i woke up after 14 hrs of sleep missing everyone, and the fun we all had. It didnt feel like a dream this time, but i feel like i need a vacation from my vacation, and yes i feel a little home sick. i think a lot of us do.
=^_^=

Offline Daxe

• Chibi
    • my myspace
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2009, 12:03:54 pm »
Its like my friend said. It feels like she was gone for weeks instead of days. Ooooh KCon.

My response:
Kcon actually exists within a temporal distortion maintained by high level wizards. Think Narnia to our world.

Offline xcthulhux

• Bunnygirl
    • MAI BLOG
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2009, 12:05:21 pm »
i really feel like there is something wrong. i feel really depressed, and i miss everybody. i just feel really alone. i really don't know how else to explain it.

Offline leonmasteries

• Catgirl
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2009, 12:05:59 pm »
Its like my friend said. It feels like she was gone for weeks instead of days. Ooooh KCon.

My response:
Kcon actually exists within a temporal distortion maintained by high level wizards. Think Narnia to our world.

wow, that makes so much sense... We must figure out a way to open this rift so as to live in that demension.

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2009, 12:06:39 pm »
I got super sick yesterday after con, like real sick. Lost my voice, feel like crap, that whole jazz. I'm so gross right now D:
WHY DO THE FORUMS SUCK SO BAD?

~2012 cosplay mofos~
Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim, Miria Harvent- Baccano!, Filia- Skullgirls, Milk- Pop'n Music

Offline IrukaSensei

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2009, 12:15:58 pm »
Turk doesn't like to admit this, but she cried herself to sleep last night. She cried herself to sleep, curled up in a ball, sobbing her eyes out. Turk doesn't like to cry, but she misses her friends. Her fans, and those she hung out with.
2015 Cosplay Lineup

Offline leonmasteries

• Catgirl
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2009, 12:18:34 pm »
Turk doesn't like to admit this, but she cried herself to sleep last night. She cried herself to sleep, curled up in a ball, sobbing her eyes out. Turk doesn't like to cry, but she misses her friends. Her fans, and those she hung out with.

aw, well I'm sorry to hear that... at least she can talk to some of the people on the forums that were at con.

Offline IrukaSensei

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2009, 12:26:51 pm »
T.T Only some of them, I have no idea if Reno or Rude have K-Con ids.
2015 Cosplay Lineup

Offline EmAino

• Chibi
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2009, 12:30:48 pm »
I know what you all mean.  I was incredibly depressed on the car ride back home yesterday....I kept thinking "That was it?  It's all over?"
Sakuracon 2014
Kyoko Sakura - Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Yugito Nii - Naruto Shippuden
Sailor Jupiter - Sailor Moon

Kumoricon
God Tier Jane Crocker - Homestuck
Sailor Jupiter - Sailor Moon
Kyoko Sakura - Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Komachi Onozuka - Touhou

Offline pyronine

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • My anime list
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2009, 12:31:08 pm »
Isnt that why so many are on the forums right now, because they miss the con so much and their friends, that they are looking for a way to stay in contact with everyone. i know i am.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 12:31:47 pm by pyronine »
=^_^=

Offline IrukaSensei

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2009, 12:32:27 pm »
Yeah *sighs* I wish I could find mine.
2015 Cosplay Lineup

Offline DemonSpawn

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2009, 02:14:40 pm »
I actually like cried after my friend left con on Monday.
I mean I waited until she was gone but it just kinda leaked out, my sister just kinda made fun of me, she doesn't understand yet.
I miss 2010.

Offline pyronine

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • My anime list
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2009, 02:18:34 pm »
I actually like cried after my friend left con on Monday.
I mean I waited until she was gone but it just kinda leaked out, my sister just kinda made fun of me, she doesn't understand yet.

i am 36,  and i know how you feel. granted i did not cry, but i feel sadness that i wont see them for quite a while if ever again.
=^_^=

Offline Kurohime

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2009, 05:21:23 pm »
That pretty much nails the feeling.  

Post-event depression is normal.  It's just not pleasant.  I get the same feeling after every vacation I take, and can be a bit grumpy for a couple days.  The real world ought to resemble Kumoricon more closely; it really needs more color and bright cartoony patterns.:D
« Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 05:22:25 pm by Kurohime »

Offline Mr Silmero

• Catgirl
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2009, 05:22:35 pm »
I did not really get it until I had to go through my photos at 1 AM and thats when it hit me, better now that I am posting in the forums again.

Offline Tankou001

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2009, 09:55:59 pm »
Ya, It was my very first k-con. I have been going to Orycon and Gamestorm for roughly 7 years but none of them had the pure happiness and welcoming feeling like this. I lost my voice from yelling with fun so much and I will miss the storm of hugs I got. I will miss hanging out with people I don't know in the slightest yet still be treated like I have always been one of the group. I really can't find that elsewhere and I tink I truly do have Con Sickness T_T

Still this means I will definitely not be missing next year and my cosplays will be so much better and brighter.
Cosplay Progress:
Akimichi Chouji: 90%
Big Macintosh: 20%

oslapedo

« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2009, 10:02:45 pm »
I got the weepies. But mostly I'm too tired to feel sad.

Offline Cyprus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2009, 05:16:13 pm »
This year is my first year attending both Sakura-con & K-con & I couldn't agree more... the last day as I drive home only leaves me feeling sad inside knowing that it will be monthes before the next con. Nowhere else do I feel so at home with all of the awsome cosplay, friendly smiles & greetings, opportunities for new friendships...and oh yes, hugs! What makes it the hardest to deal with is knowing that all that waits me when I get home is a full time job, bills, house payments, etc...with the occasional freedom to meet up with some friends. I look forward to seeing you all at Sakura-con & more events in the future...hopefully get to know some of you through the forums & meet up IRL.

Offline xcthulhux

• Bunnygirl
    • MAI BLOG
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2009, 12:54:16 pm »
i think a lot of it had to do with not being able to talk to somebody that i really wanted to talk to.
we had plans to meet up on monday, and my friend mark had kind of a mental breakdown sunday night, due to not taking his meds, so i ended up being the one to stay with him for the past 3 days to make sure he takes his meds, and gets where he needs to go every day.

the only internet i had was on my phone, thats how i posted this thread, and it was a pain just to do that, and read it.

when are we having another meetup? i really want to see everyone again. im almost in tears just writing this.

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2009, 01:02:25 pm »
still have the gravel voice
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline xcthulhux

• Bunnygirl
    • MAI BLOG
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2009, 01:17:20 pm »
still have the gravel voice
this

its not because i was yelling or talking alot though.
i don't know who here went to the glomp circle at the square, but everybody group glomped my friend dakota and i got elbowed in the throat.

Offline Namazzi

• Sailor Scout
    • My DeviantART
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2009, 01:26:56 pm »
I don't have it so much this year, though I do keep thinking "aww.. I wish I was still there"

I know exactly how you feel though. 2008 was my first year, and I went through the exact same thing. Sad thing is, it lasted for weeks. xP I just couldn't get over how fun it was, and wished it could last forever. I think after having THAT much fun, and being surrounded by people who actually like anime as much as you, if not more, and then being thrown back into your everyday life is hard, and takes some getting used to again.

Offline xcthulhux

• Bunnygirl
    • MAI BLOG
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2009, 01:37:32 pm »
I don't have it so much this year, though I do keep thinking "aww.. I wish I was still there"

I know exactly how you feel though. 2008 was my first year, and I went through the exact same thing. Sad thing is, it lasted for weeks. xP I just couldn't get over how fun it was, and wished it could last forever. I think after having THAT much fun, and being surrounded by people who actually like anime as much as you, if not more, and then being thrown back into your everyday life is hard, and takes some getting used to again.
exactly.
a huge amount of it had to do with not being able to contact people afterwards though.

Offline Rainfeather

• Sailor Scout
    • Firebead
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2009, 04:59:59 pm »
I feel the exact same way. Not so much this year, but last few years, yeah, I moped a lot.

I always cope by reading Dramacon. Every year, every few months or so.

I think I need to make more friends on here :p
Red Mage at heart.

Offline xcthulhux

• Bunnygirl
    • MAI BLOG
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2009, 11:01:21 pm »
Well, i seem to be feeling a little bit depressed.
I went to see 9 with my girlfriend and her dad, and then went out to dinner, so i think that helped a little bit.
i still sound a bit like a donkey though.

most of the people with a sore throat think they have a cold, but i got elbowed in the neck, so i think that is the cause of mine.

Offline Kristy

• Cabbit
    • The Echo Chronicles
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2009, 11:10:55 pm »
I've been sick since Monday. :( Stupid con cruds.  My throat is all swollen and I'm supposed to go to the studio this weekend.  Total lame sauce.
Check out the TEC voice over auditions being held at KumoriCon this year: http://teccomic.com/auditions/

Offline xcthulhux

• Bunnygirl
    • MAI BLOG
« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2009, 11:24:42 pm »
that totally sucks.
i just wish i could have gone monday >.>

Offline The_Geek

• Chibi
    • My Deviant Art
« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2009, 11:27:51 pm »
There are so many people I wish I could have gotten e-mail addresses from. I don't even know their names and I miss them already!  :'(
All depression has its roots in self-pity, and all self-pity is rooted in people taking themselves too seriously.
                                + Tom Robbins

Offline xcthulhux

• Bunnygirl
    • MAI BLOG
« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2009, 11:33:10 pm »
There are so many people I wish I could have gotten e-mail addresses from. I don't even know their names and I miss them already!  :'(
this was really the problem that i had.
check out the other thread that i just posted.
"Closure-con 2010"