Author Topic: I Enjoyed Things-- '09!  (Read 6904 times)

Offline Winfred

• Sailor Scout
I Enjoyed Things-- '09!
« on: September 07, 2009, 10:13:35 pm »
Oh man, reading through the forums today was hecka depressing. So, let us use this space to focus on the AWESOME that occurred this year at Kumoricon. Because frankly, there was awesome that ought to be recognized up in here.

For instance!

Apples to Apples-- highly enjoyable! It filled up pretty quickly, but my friends just bought a bunch of the cards (cheap!) and we played upstairs around a table. Lulz ensued. Whoever made the Con Edition is a champ straight up.

Girl Genius Radio Theater/Dating Game-- I AM SO HAPPY OHMIGOODNESS eeeeeeeeeee

Risemball-- I love playing dodgeball, even if I throw like a girl and end up hiding in the back anyway. And the guy on the Risembool side who annihilated half of the Miniskirts by himself? SO BADASS.

That Mojo Jojo Cosplayer-- 'Nuff said.

Aaaaand GO.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
Re: I Enjoyed Things-- '09!
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2009, 10:15:26 pm »
I played Zombies with my friend AJ in our hotel room. That was fun. I killed some zombies, then he got to the helipad before me and flew off, leaving me to get feasted on by a thousand starving corpses.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Darknight2433

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2009, 10:16:46 pm »
Room parties! I know they weren't supposed to happen, but as always, they did.

Also, the Dealer's Hall was awesome. Loved it.

Offline LtCommanderRichie

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2009, 10:18:10 pm »
I won Best Author - under-16 in the fanfiction contest, as I found out after I left. It made me happy.

Also, Dealer's Hall? So win. There were people everywhere and it was awesome and big open spaces and no congestion and :'DDDDDDD

Offline Rushifa

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • Sewing Madness
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2009, 10:20:23 pm »
I agree, we need some more positivity here!

Despite the problems with the hotel, I could tell that the K-con staff were trying their hardest and doing their best to make everything run as smoothly as they could, you guys deserve real kudos for working with the hotel.  And those poor individuals who were stuck spending 7+ hours going up and down on the elevators just to keep everything civil, you deserve major thanks and a stiff drink!

There was also some awesome cosplay this year, and some really good panels!  It seemed we had more variety than ever.

Also, cheers to all the artists in Artist's Alley, you guys rule!

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2009, 10:21:56 pm »
I had a GREAT time in the artist alley at the con <3 I sadly couldnt be there much (im fixing this next year) but I really had a fun time and cant wait till next years : )

also seeing a lot of my forum friends was awesome! I some how missed the forum meet up panel AGAIN (sheesh twice in a row now?) but I did get to see a lot of people : o I met Eve for the first time, and saw Chris again (not a forum friend but a con friend. hes the mojo jojo you mentioned) and cosplay skits SO FUN I had an AWESOME time being little sister for my friends skit with Pokemon and bioshock! <3

I did have a LOT of fun : D I'll have to look into getting my hands on a set of that apples to apples game you mentioned.
returning with a vengeance to K con~

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
    • http://www.animemsn.com
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2009, 10:24:01 pm »
I made a ton of friends. xD

Clark Anime: http://clarkanime.com
Facebook: http://facebook.com/reppy
Kumoricon 2005-10 galleries: http://dunpeal.net/gallery

Offline Dubaby

• Catgirl
    • My Cosplay.com account
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2009, 10:25:40 pm »
* Dancing with and crowd surfing Jesus at the rave....
* Anime Match Game (I thought it was hilarious)
* Apples to Apples con edition
* AMAZING artist alley
* and I must have lucked out because most of the people I ended up standing in lines with were really pleasant and friendly =]

« Last Edit: September 07, 2009, 10:26:01 pm by Dubaby »
Junior Cadet of TD BRO CHAD

Offline Winfred

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2009, 10:30:28 pm »
I did have a LOT of fun : D I'll have to look into getting my hands on a set of that apples to apples game you mentioned.

I think it was Radien selling them? It was a blur of internet, anime, and con memes, really. Glorious!

Oh, and that proposal during the closing ceremonies? THAT MADE MY DAY.

Offline Dubaby

• Catgirl
    • My Cosplay.com account
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2009, 10:32:01 pm »

I think it was Radien selling them? It was a blur of internet, anime, and con memes, really. Glorious!

Oh, and that proposal during the closing ceremonies? THAT MADE MY DAY.

Agreed..... that was so cute!!!! Totally the icing on my awesome day =]
Junior Cadet of TD BRO CHAD

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
    • http://www.animemsn.com
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2009, 10:33:19 pm »
I would have liked to have played the Apples to Apples con edition. I was talking to the guy who put it together (argh! can't remember your name right now, sorry!  I just remember you as Link) XD.  Maybe next year!

Clark Anime: http://clarkanime.com
Facebook: http://facebook.com/reppy
Kumoricon 2005-10 galleries: http://dunpeal.net/gallery

Offline Mitsukai Mizu Amaya

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2009, 10:36:37 pm »
Dude, guys... Cosplay Chess. Highlight of my day, and I'm not just saying that because I was King of the all-defeating White Team. I can't believe we sort kinda won the second round; it was just myself and the king and queen(Link and Dark Link) on the board and we still kinda won. xD
KumoriCon 2012

Offline Kaiware

• Cabbit
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2009, 10:42:21 pm »
Svetlana was a great guest and it will be extra fun to read her manga now that I have met her!

And a karaoke room with the best view ever! (even if it took a while to get there ;)

Kumoricon '06: Akio (Utena)
Kumoricon '07: Lust (FMA)
Kumoricon '08:Yuuko (XXXholic) & Eclair (Kiddy Grade)
Kumoricon '09: Nadie (El Cazador de la Bruja)
Kumoricon '10: ??

Offline kit2kit

• Catgirl
    • Tumblr
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2009, 10:43:56 pm »
I had soo much fun this weekend <3 I mean I have to to agree with you It was depressing going through the fourms. cause I was expecting people talking about good  things and there wasnt DX

I had such a wonderful time too : <
'16 Cosplay
Suzuya (Tokyo Ghoul) // Magic!Betty (Adventure Time)

Offline The_Geek

• Chibi
    • My Deviant Art
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2009, 11:35:46 pm »
I loved it. Absolutely. And will, no matter what, return for next year.
In another uncommon character's cosplay.
All depression has its roots in self-pity, and all self-pity is rooted in people taking themselves too seriously.
                                + Tom Robbins

Offline MHHornfreak

• Oni
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2009, 11:45:58 pm »
I really enjoyed myself and was happy to be able to play my saxophone there once more!
Thank you Kumoricon!

Offline Hisaiume

• Cabbit
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2009, 11:50:39 pm »
I came for Phil and Kaja Foglio and got my fill of Girl Genius-ness!
-Girl Genius dating game: awesome! dead Lars I love you! The perfect man! And poor Oggie!
-Phil and Kaja's panel: they are too cute and just fun to watch chatting with the fans!
-The Radio Theatre: Kaja, you blasted our ears out but we all love you for it!
-Slightly Anime Dating Game: Link you did wonderful defeating me! And my sister Toad I love when you told the zombie, "You never called!" It was hilarious your old pairing from last year was up there for you again!
-Girl Genius cosplayers and fans: You make it fun to love the series. It's wonderful to hang out and talk with all of you guys every year. You put aside the thought that good cosplayers are snobby ones. And to Krosp it was a wonderful delight to see you!
-saxophone man: I looove you! You make dressing up as a yellow chocobo soooo worthwhile. I love getting to dance to my theme!

All in all, after the crowds from first day registration dispersed it was easy going from there. Going to con with the intent of enjoying these panels made it more than worthwhile. I will be back again next year Hilton or no Hilton.
Saturday: Blush 100%
Sunday: Toad 95%
Monday: Moogle 60%

Offline makichan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2009, 11:51:14 pm »
Things I enjoyed:

- Seeing old con friends as well as new ones and saying hey to forum goers.
- The professional photographer from the photobooth. You, sir, were amazing! I can't wait to see all of your work :>
- How friendly the attendees were. For the most part, the people I met were pretty chill.
- photoshoots were awesome. There was one that I wasn't too fond of but it was on the fly so w/e.
- Helpful Lost and Found Staff. You were so kind and considerate :>
- and to the man who did magic tricks while we waited in lines. I gotta say you're super amazing.

and there's probably more but... I'm really tired and out of it XD
"I like the way you fire that gun."
"Thanks. I like the way you take a bullet."

Offline mikeblastdude

• Oni
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2009, 11:51:41 pm »
Some things I really enjoyed about Kumoricon '09:

*I found a lot of really awesome stuff in the exhibitor's hall. Probably spent around $200 all together. XD
*The karaoke room was nice and had a pretty good view from out the window.
*Most of the Kumoricon staff was actually pretty cool and did pretty well with putting up with all the crap.
*If you like fast food like I do, the McDonald's, Subway, and Carl's Jr. all being right there was pretty nice.
*I actually got compliments on my cosplays for once. XD Yay!

Offline Winfred

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2009, 11:52:21 pm »
I really enjoyed myself and was happy to be able to play my saxophone there once more!
Thank you Kumoricon!

!!!
I LOVED YOU TOO DUDE. You are a staple to Kumoricon and all it stands for.

*Also the magic tricks dude too, he's such a cool guy~!

Offline ladyknightsgrace

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2009, 11:54:16 pm »
I completely agree with the "wow, these forums are depressing tonight" comments...actually I'm laughing pretty hard...and kind of sad that there's over 15 pages of disheartening comments and only 1ish pages on this topic...

Kumoricon is and has always been what you make of it...sure, you plan, but in reality you should always be ready for stuff that might (and usually will) go wrong.  (ie: weather=umbrella, cosplay=don't wear extremely elaborate ones, locations=find them beforehand)

I love coming to kcon and will if I'm not busy next year.  
*I found the hotel staff to be very friendly! They answered my questions about parking my car and such very politely.  Be polite and smile and you'll usually get the same in return (same thing works for the security guards too 8D)
*ballroom dancing panels --I love going to these to see if there's any new steps I can learn and I did learn a different switch in swing...honestly the line was no longer than last year
*cosplay choreography--WAS TOTALLY AWESOME; not much of a contest but turned into a sort of random dancing panel and had like 30 people tops in the huge ballroom! ^-^
*masquerade ball--really thought this was fun...lots of people but no worse than a normal hs hallway
*meeting up/making new friends!
*Dubbing Wkshp w/ Kirk Thorton--still amusing though they had technical difficulties; friends and I just had fun in line
Most Recent Cosplays as of June '11:
Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji)
Taiwan (APH)
Sakuma Jirou (Inazuma Eleven)

Offline kit2kit

• Catgirl
    • Tumblr
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2009, 11:57:45 pm »
I loved it. Absolutely. And will, no matter what, return for next year.
In another uncommon character's cosplay.
ALRIGHT UNCOMMON COSPLAYS *high five*
'16 Cosplay
Suzuya (Tokyo Ghoul) // Magic!Betty (Adventure Time)

Offline Miyako

• Cabbit
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2009, 12:03:43 am »
One of my favorite parts about Kumoricon is seeing all the different cosplays. I loved seeing the Flying Spaghetti Monster, and during Opening Ceremonies I saw a Halo Spartan, which totally made my day.

I really loved the rave on Sunday night. That was a blast! I'm looking forward to next year a lot, because once Hotel staff/security got used to things, the overall atmosphere was a lot more relaxed. At least for myself and my friends. Overall, we had a really good time.

Offline Mr Silmero

• Catgirl
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2009, 12:30:09 am »
As this was my first year as staff I enjoyed seeing how the other side works, I liked hanging out with all the yojimbo during events and giving all of them a hard time as I flashed my badge occasionally making a comment like "screw the rules, I have a press badge!" (Kaiba much? I wondered...)    Please don't hate me yojimbo crew...

Taking late night photos outside, should have done more of that as people seemed to enjoy it.

Taking photos in general, love it

Doing my first proper cosplay as Frank West and having people recognizing it

Wandering around at 4 AM and still finding people to chat with

among other things, photos up in an hour or so.

Offline pepito

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2009, 01:07:53 am »
Please don't hate me yojimbo crew...

Too Late :P

Were you the Press guy down in Yoji office that got the awesome picture of my Jason Costume? If so could I get a copy of that?

Offline Mr Silmero

• Catgirl
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2009, 01:18:21 am »
Please don't hate me yojimbo crew...

Too Late :P

Were you the Press guy down in Yoji office that got the awesome picture of my Jason Costume? If so could I get a copy of that?

Yes that would be me, I am currently fixing up photos that did not turn out too well *Whistles* and then doing a mass upload tonight so I should be posting the photo links up on the "official" K-con pics thread, I will try to remember to send you a PM with the Jason photos.

Offline melchizedek

• Bunnygirl
    • Don't play with fire
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2009, 09:09:26 am »
Glad people had fun, as staff it I really cannot be having fun while con-goers are suffering :)
Yaoi crossplay... is actually Yuri.

Offline Red Spark

• Sailor Scout
    • Drawing Blog
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2009, 09:13:04 am »
Well, I figure it'd be worth contributing to this topic. >_>

I got a kick out of seeing the Anime Hunters' skit at the end of the cosplay contest, (Made me feel awesome for playing FFVII so that I could laugh at all of the jokes they made.) as well as the Chocobo Racing skit that went on during the contest itself (Yay for using the opening music from the game of the same name. :3), along with seeing my friend and her brother up on stage for their Soul Calibur skit.

And man, I loved the water dispensers this year. Nothing made me feel more refreshed than a cup of cool water.

Also, Hi-Chew candy priced at 50 cents a pack at the Uwajimaya booth. That was awesome. Too bad my friends ate most of my strawberry and orange ones. ;_;
Conventions attended thus far:
Kumoricon 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010
Sakuracon 2008, 2009, 2011

Current cosplay plan: Shoma Takakura (Mawaru Penguindrum), Jonathan Ariga (Catherine), and...

...and...uh..? Hm...

Offline leashy

• Catgirl
    • http://www.myspace.com/leashychan
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2009, 09:16:17 am »
I met a lot of new people.  Had a great time in my new Peach cosplay.  I really enjoyed the Artist alley and the Cosplay Contest ran SOOOOOOOOOOO smoothly guys, awesome job!!

Oh and also, Anime Hunters rocked again!

Offline Hakushaku

• Sailor Scout
    • http://hakushaku.deviantart.com
« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2009, 09:21:44 am »
I had fun also, despite the hotel staff. I didn't let them detour my enjoyment. I'm already plotting an Abel Nightroad cosplay, too.
Kumoricon 2012/2013 Cosplay:

Count of Monte Cristo ~GANKUTSUOU~

Offline Tygati

• Cabbit
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2009, 10:43:06 am »
Total love for the chicas who did the Cosplay props panel. Interesting, informative, and hilarious all at once. <3

The few Kumoricon staff I came into contact with were also nothing but polite, helpful, and friendly. Check-in staff particularly get props, because I think this was the first time at a convention that check-in didn't stress me. Of course, that may also be because I was late... *laugh* Big surprise.

I felt very sorry for the poor people stuck on elevator duty, but they did the best they could. And again, were very polite throughout all the grumbling and frustration that the elevator situation presented. Props, guys. <3

Offline leonmasteries

• Catgirl
« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2009, 10:49:36 am »
it was a pretty interesting con, it did have it's good, along with it's bad, but I did enjoy the good parts about it, for me, it was:

-The Anime Dating Game, that alone made my con, do to just how hilarious it was.
-The Forum Meet up panel, I feel so sorry for the guy's who ate spam, but oh well.
-Meeting the new people there and hanging out with them
-Even tho we got a few noise complaints in our room, it was still fun, especially the final night where we had a Glow Stick War... Never take your glasses off in a glow stick war, you might get jabbed in the eye with one.

Offline Acheron

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2009, 12:37:51 pm »
* Apples to Apples: Con Edition with my bros. So much fun omgggggg.
* Girl Genius Radio Theatre. Just... Girl Genius Radio Theatre. *w*
* It was my first year cosplaying, and people were so nice! Hugs are the best! Although there were some hella skeevy people asking for my picture on sunday... I need to learn to say no...
* The Artist's Alley being super awesome this year.

:D Overall, I just had a really good time. It's hard to boil it down to a few bullet points.
Kumoricon 2014:

Offline Teddy_Bearxx

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2009, 12:41:11 pm »
Lawl. I had fun when everyone thought I wasnt wearing pants.
and that boy attacking a Kassanoda who "took my pants"
the staff member who was freaked out form the pants

the kisses.
and other things.
xD

Offline Cassiopeia

• Bunnygirl
    • Cake on a Plane!~
« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2009, 12:58:48 pm »
My panels went rather well and I enjoyed getting to see everyone (con, forum, and other friends included).
The hotel... There were a few problems with it, but I liked all its fanciness. :) Over all the con was just really awesome for me this year~~
I HAVE SUCCUMBED AND GIVEN MYSELF A SIGNATURE! :000
Kumoricon 2010 Cosplays: Kyouya Ootori, Spain, Yoru

Offline Teddy_Bearxx

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2009, 01:01:51 pm »
Haha.
I'm just happy I got on everyones good sides.
Even yours Cassi ^^

Offline Cassiopeia

• Bunnygirl
    • Cake on a Plane!~
« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2009, 01:04:59 pm »
 :D
I HAVE SUCCUMBED AND GIVEN MYSELF A SIGNATURE! :000
Kumoricon 2010 Cosplays: Kyouya Ootori, Spain, Yoru

Offline Daxe

• Chibi
    • my myspace
« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2009, 01:06:10 pm »
The con definitely had a lot of awesome. I didnt get to really see ANY of my old con friends but my con was saved by:
-Sake Testing
-Masquerade ball
-Anime Hunters in Cosplay Contest
-Bang Bang Neko
-Miniskirt Army panel (Unexpectedly Hilarious)
-Hanging with new con friends

Offline Teuvan

• Sailor Scout
    • Blogspot page.
« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2009, 02:39:58 pm »
The events I enjoyed this year were few, but nonetheless...

Hentai panel - This was hilarious, especially because I was sitting next to a female friend of mine who has a weak stomach for anything related to anal sex. Her reactions, especially to the last hentai they played (involving test tubes EXT), were priceless.

Anime Hunters - This year's panel was hilarious as always, even though I ended up standing in the back after standing in line for half an hour >_<. I'm glad RDK increased the font size he was using, because I'm near-sighted and it was very hard to read the screen at first.

Opening Ceremonies - Made awesome because of the Anime Hunters. Not sure whether I liked the skit from this year or last year best...

Anime That Scarred Me For Life - Another reliably awesome panel. No matter how many times I go to it, it's always great.

Dark Horse Panel - In the seven conventions I've attended, I've almost never touched industry panels. On Sunday, nothing was going on that interested me, so I decided to stop by. Good decision. The Dark Horse guys were awesome, and really seemed like they had a deep knowledge when it comes to manga. The name-dropping of Kaiji and The World Is Mine was enough to make me extremely happy, even if it wasn't associated with licensing or anything.

...I think that's pretty much it in terms of official events, sadly. The exhibitors hall was decent, though not exceptional. Most of my money went to Cosmic Monkey, though I also got a few nice t-shirts. The CGL meet-up was entertaining. The most fun I had was probably late Sunday night, when I went around talking to random girls. Had really fun conversations with five different girls, and ended up acquiring some contact information, so that was nifty. It was also fun to get together with some of my friends who I only really see at conventions. Overall, the con was pretty fail and I'll probably be skipping it in favor of Sakuracon next year, but still, had some fun.
You've been among winebibbers and riotous eaters of flesh, haven't you?
I admit I told you to sell your body, but I did only mean your organs. - Excel

Offline Shadow

• Catgirl
    • My deviantART Page
« Reply #39 on: September 08, 2009, 02:45:53 pm »
I really enjoyed the dealer's room! The layout was a bit maze-ish, but it was pretty spread out and spacious. The Artist Alley was amazing this year, the only things I bought were from there. So many talented people! And of course, the K-con staff were overall amazing as usual. I really enjoyed getting to listen and talk to a few staff members throughout the con.

Like TDS? Become a fan on facebook!: http://www.facebook.com/thedeppsquad

Kumoricon 2013

Sweeney Todd
Hit-Girl

Offline Teddy_Bearxx

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #40 on: September 08, 2009, 02:47:43 pm »
I agree the dealers room was awesome.
I got my cat ears and kingdom hearts shirt from there.
It was very amuzing.

One of my Tamaki's was there.
I loved her art.
and I also found some other Hitachiin twins that I hugged and another Mori.
I just wish I was in uniform.
xD

Offline Hello Kalashnikov

• Oni
« Reply #41 on: September 08, 2009, 02:48:10 pm »
I have you kids to thank for introducing me to the wonderful Axis Powers: Hetalia. I watching it right now!
Ultima Ratio Regum, Prima Ratio Awesome

Offline Bresslol

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #42 on: September 08, 2009, 02:53:29 pm »
So Kumori was nice enough to say, "Hey Bressler, Come to Kumori!" I was like, "k".

Also, before you go "OMG UR FROM SAK SO YOU AUTOMATICALLY LOOK DOWN ON US" or some other vitriol this forum has been spawning lately, I lay the disclaimers that 1) This was my first Kumori and 2) I want all cons to succeed; politics are stupid regarding anime cons.

I had fun. That's what cons are all about.

Opening Ceremonies were fun. The Anime Hunters vid was hilarious.

The Gaming room was awesome, and laid out well with the space they had.

Anime Match Game was a lot of fun.

Fanfic Improv was LEGENDARY.

Press your Luck was fun and we had a lot of close games.

Gong Show was funny. Props to Jesus, and props to the dancing chick

Hotel Staff looked like they were overwhelmed, but did the best job they could. I had no problems with them.

Con Staff were great, to the point where I may come down next year to be staff.

Like Conventional Improv on Facebook!

Offline Chandra Nalaar

• Sailor Scout
    • My Pictures
« Reply #43 on: September 08, 2009, 03:06:53 pm »
Karaoke- As much of a pain in the ass as it was to even get to the 23rd floor, I must say the view in the karaoke room was well worth it. I even went up and sang four times. Also, the group of trolls who did the Pokemon theme drunk Saturday night was a [Edit by JeffT, Moderator: Removed offensive language].

Hetalia- I saw this for the first time at the viewing room, and... it really is no wonder everyone and their Roman Empire grandfather is cosplaying this series. Never before have I paid interest in either blatant moeblob shows or cesspits of racist/nationalist humor, but both at once just screams refuge in audacity. It also helps that there's a ton of characters I should be able to cosplay some time in the future, should I decide to go for it.

Code Geass- I've been wanting to cosplay from this show for years, and my first time doing it certainly was memorable. The photoshoot in particular was also a sight to behold; there was a Nunnally of all people, wheelchair and all! Though I do wish my Emperor hat had been a bit more cooperative in staying on my head.

Press Your Luck- I finally got a chance to play this! I couldn't do it at Sakuracon, so I wasted no time in signing up this time around. No, I didn't win— I got to about $25,000 before I whammied on the final spin.

But all in all, I'm just glad it's over.

[Edit by JeffT, Moderator: Removed offensive language]
« Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 07:57:21 pm by JeffT »

Offline Fuyuko

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #44 on: September 08, 2009, 04:34:55 pm »
Positive feedback for the win! : D

I think the major highlight of my con experience was making a bunch of new friends. I have never made so many at one con. I was so overwhelmingly happy and thankful to have met such awesome people, and I love them dearly! <3

Another was Hetalia. Just Hetalia. I think I evolved into an even bigger fangirl of the show/webcomic. *squeez* I was quite surprised at how many APH cosplayers were there! There were more than I imagined... And it was epic!! > w < *continues geeking out*

All in all, despite the crappy location and unnecessary rudeness from the staff, I had a blast! More than last year actually. <3
« Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 04:39:36 pm by Fuyuko »

Offline Shingami_lover

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Facebook
« Reply #45 on: September 08, 2009, 04:38:21 pm »
Naruto Face Off Panel was AMAZING!

The Back stage Ninjas during the Skits where too!
~2016~
Sasuke Uchiha, Kanda Yuu
Touka, Michiru,
and Haha

~Panels~
Anime Court 16, 14, 13 - Chess Master 2014

DicePanda Cosplay, Cosplayers of Oregon, Brothers United Productions

Offline StarryShay

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #46 on: September 08, 2009, 04:39:33 pm »
I was in love with the Karaoke room. <333
It was so nice to sit in an air-conditioned room and look out over the town while people were singing~
It was a LOVELY place for pictures, and singing on stage with friends was fun too~
If Kumoricon is at the Hilton again, I'll mostl ikely be there 24/7. ;3

Offline Monkeydog

• Cabbit
    • Monkey Productions
« Reply #47 on: September 08, 2009, 07:47:51 pm »
*This was my first con, ever, and it happened by accident. We came to Portland to check it out in hope of moving there next year. (and I'm also pretty sure some of my friends really wanted to run into The Decemberists...I know I did) We happened to run into people outside on Saturday and wondered what was happening, and eventually was directed to the convention. We were only able to actually get in on Sunday, but all in all it made my Portland trip very enjoyable, despite not being the biggest watcher of anime anymore. So overall, that's a huge plus. We're thinking of coming back next year and actually cosplaying.
*The randomness panel. My friend somehow got a traffic cone. That was awesome.
*Helping out at the persocom ear making, and being a special snowflake for doing it wrong.
*Playing Press Your Luck and losing. But my friend won grand prize, so that's cool.
*Putting/Saying PHANTASMAGORIA/ATTENTION DUELISTS/CHANGE PLACES whenever we could. (my friends far more than I)
*The Catboys/Catgirls panel was fun.
*My friend making Cake on a Plane panel sad because the one person couldn't hug him and he just walked away. I laughed. He's a jerk.
*Free hugs!
*Glomping people.
*Taking pictures with every Pokemon I could find.
*The Anime Dating Game, that was hilarious.

I wish I could have gone all weekend though, and dressed up. It was fun despite the negativity I have been reading about this year. I will certainly try and make it next year. :D

oslapedo

« Reply #48 on: September 08, 2009, 07:55:29 pm »
KARAOKEKARAOKEKARAOKE<333

If I do end up going to KCon next year that room is going to be my home.

I really hate being a minor, I'd love to sing at 4am or any other ridiculous time.

Offline Tygati

• Cabbit
« Reply #49 on: September 08, 2009, 08:33:13 pm »
One other thing I want to add: despite all the hangups, I did have fun, and we will be going back again next year. This is particularly significant to me because I swore off conventions back in 2000 after Anime Expo 2k and less than one day of Comicon. Never again, those two. But my brief taste of Kumoricon last year made me pre-reg for the entire weekend this year, and I'll be doing it again provided I can get the time off approved. Heck, my roomie's already plotting next year's costumes. ;)

Offline camname21

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #50 on: September 12, 2009, 10:12:08 pm »
Not sure how someone can say half a dozen events they liked and then say fail.

Anyway, I'm glad everyone had fun, I had a nice time being my first kcon even though staffing doesn't give you a lot of time to see the panels.  The best part for me was to see all the cool cosplays, I didn't know anyone so not many great conversations but it was still a good weekend.  Looking forward to seeing all your costumes next year, or even sooner at our mini events. ^.^

Offline xcthulhux

• Bunnygirl
    • MAI BLOG
« Reply #51 on: September 13, 2009, 12:15:02 am »
i really hate to  brag, but the oftenly renamed panel was great.
i believe everybody that went had a good time as well.