Author Topic: How to enter the cosutme contest  (Read 6126 times)

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
How to enter the cosutme contest
« on: August 28, 2009, 04:43:19 pm »
Im participating in some ones skit but i forgot to sign up to do a quick walk on with my costume, is it to late to do this? if not then where is the sheets I need to fill out? x_x I cant find them.
returning with a vengeance to K con~

Offline BangBangNeko

• Chibi
    • BangBangNeko Cosplay
Re: How to enter the cosutme contest
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2009, 05:29:12 pm »
Im participating in some ones skit but i forgot to sign up to do a quick walk on with my costume, is it to late to do this? if not then where is the sheets I need to fill out? x_x I cant find them.
Since your in our group i'm putting on there that you want to enter your costume in the walk on too. ^_^ Because i'm also doing it.

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2009, 05:33:32 pm »
D: your nice, but I'm not planning to enter as lil sis. I was going to enter with my princess peach.

Offline BangBangNeko

• Chibi
    • BangBangNeko Cosplay
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2009, 05:35:30 pm »
D: your nice, but I'm not planning to enter as lil sis. I was going to enter with my princess peach.
Yah I know,That's what I was putting in as your costume ^-^ because i'm also entering my tira cosplay because big sister is not a Japanese game XP. All I do is say your wanting your princess peach judged.

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2009, 05:36:58 pm »
xD your to nice I hope you know that.

is the skit already registered to go? ._.

Offline BangBangNeko

• Chibi
    • BangBangNeko Cosplay
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2009, 05:38:38 pm »
xD your to nice I hope you know that.

is the skit already registered to go? ._.
Well I sent in a form long ago, but you can always update it till the pre meet. XP We always do, since members come and go at the last min. I'm actually going to update it, so if you could message me your info i'll put it in and send it to Runa. ^_^

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2009, 05:39:46 pm »
what kind of info? : o like pictures of my entry or something?

this is the first year im actually entering the contest x_x

(and i was asking to make sure our skit is still a go and not on the waiting list)

Offline BangBangNeko

• Chibi
    • BangBangNeko Cosplay
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2009, 05:45:12 pm »
what kind of info? : o like pictures of my entry or something?

this is the first year im actually entering the contest x_x

(and i was asking to make sure our skit is still a go and not on the waiting list)

Entrant Name AND Character Portrayed

BT: (Badge type; minor adult)
Costume Category (if any)  Novice  [ ] Journeyman  [ ] Master

Don't worry i'll help you out i've done this a couple times ^_^ and I know it can be quite confusing XD 

Offline Runa

• Catgirl
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2009, 08:24:36 am »
Well, Rune answered all the questions for me.  :)

I'll be checking my email thru Thursday afternoon. After that, updates will have to be in person since I'll be at the Hotel.... (I will have my laptop along with me w/ database at the ready)...

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2009, 10:10:43 am »
 not sure about this one?
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline Runa

• Catgirl
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2009, 10:39:12 am »
 not sure about this one?
Jaz chan: data is all in the cosplay rules.  Here's the rundown:

Master Costume
•   The creator of the costume is a professional costumer, tailor or seamstress who is present for the costume judging.
•   The creator of the costume has won at least three costume workmanship awards at any convention.
Journeyman Costume
•   The creator of the costume has made 5 or more costumes, or who has made 3 or more costumes for past Kumoricon competitions.
•   The creator of the costume has won a costume award at past Cosplay competitions.
Novice Costume
•   Any costume that does not fit Journeyman or Master Category.
•   First time costumers fit here.

Offline TurboSaiyanJason

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2009, 02:58:44 pm »
Okay, since today is the last day to e-mail you, let's say I have all the people I need on my form. What happens if one person isn't able to show or drops out of your crew. Does the whole team get DQ'd or just the participant in the group? Because I can replace a crew member with a stage ninja staff, I just want ot know how that affects the rest of the group.
Cosplays for Kumoricon 2014
Day 1 Fix-it Felix Jr. (w/ gold sledge)
Day 2 Hitmonchan and Kenny
Day 3 SS Future Trunks (DBZ)
Day 4 Jason Silverheart Pirate OC
Sonic The Hedgehog Kigurumi

Offline Runa

• Catgirl
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2009, 03:10:49 pm »
Okay, since today is the last day to e-mail you, let's say I have all the people I need on my form. What happens if one person isn't able to show or drops out of your crew. Does the whole team get DQ'd or just the participant in the group? Because I can replace a crew member with a stage ninja staff, I just want ot know how that affects the rest of the group.

Yes, today is your last chance for emailing because I'll be offline for the duration of the convention ....

If someone drops out or doesn't show, you can replace the missing person at any time. It won't affect the group's eligibility in any way. Of course, it may affect the quality of the performance since the substitute won't have had much time to practice.

I would suggest, however, that you let me know you're replacing one person with another so that we can change the name on the judging forms. We use the data on the judging forms to tell the people printing the plaques for prizes which names to put on them. I'm certain that the replacement person would appreciate receiving a placque with the correct name on it if you guys win  :D

Offline TurboSaiyanJason

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2009, 08:47:23 pm »
Now that the contest is over and I put on a skit, what does that do for me next year?

"The skit may not be a repeat of an entry from any previous competition at Kumoricon."

The skit I pulled off was different from the tittle I put it as, and there was no time to change the name or the music.
So what counts as a repeated skit?
The tittle,
the characters cosplayed,
the storyline,
the music/sound,
or all of the above?

The skit I pulled off was different from the tittle I put it as, and there was no time to change the name or the music.
My tittle: Dark Link and the Lost Boot
My characters: Red the Ninja, Rock Lee and various Naruto characters
The storyline: Red the Ninja challenges "loopy fist" Rock Lee to a battle while other characters walk by with their own issues.
The music: The Dragon Theme (Dragonball Z) originally intended for Goku and Dark Link's battle.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2009, 08:54:24 pm by TurboSaiyanJason »

Offline Runa

• Catgirl
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2009, 09:47:59 am »
Now that the contest is over and I put on a skit, what does that do for me next year?

"The skit may not be a repeat of an entry from any previous competition at Kumoricon."

So what counts as a repeated skit?
The tittle,
the characters cosplayed,
the storyline,
the music/sound,
or all of the above?

My tittle: Dark Link and the Lost Boot
My characters: Red the Ninja, Rock Lee and various Naruto characters
The storyline: Red the Ninja challenges "loopy fist" Rock Lee to a battle while other characters walk by with their own issues.
The music: The Dragon Theme (Dragonball Z) originally intended for Goku and Dark Link's battle.

I'd say the storyline and music/sound would be a repeat. You should come up with something different and avoid reusing the old dialog & sound track. Using the same set of characters is fine since as you know certain cosplay groups (anime hunters) reuse the same characters / costumes every year. 

Offline TurboSaiyanJason

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2009, 11:22:57 pm »
Thanks for the info. My storyline and background music will be different, but since the sound effects, Goku and Dark Link, and the rest of my signs were never seen in the skit, they can be used for a future skit.

Though for K-con 2010 I'm thinking of running my Pocky War skit.