Author Topic: 2009 AMV Contest Playlist and Final Results  (Read 7386 times)

Offline Prinz Eugen

• Bunnygirl
2009 AMV Contest Playlist and Final Results
« on: September 05, 2009, 09:27:24 pm »
A HUGE THANK YOU for everyone who submitted, near and far!

TOTALLY LOVED the static electricity glitch that cratered the backup-computer the moment I connected to it ...

Contest Playlist and Final & Official results below.
Categoruy winners are in CAPS.

A: Trailers

1. Codeformers
2. Berzlander
3. Outlaws of the Carribean
4. THE DEATH KNIGHT <-WINNER
5. Van D

-----

B: Japanese Music:

1. FOREVER ANGEL <-WINNER
2. Fragile
3. Vandread Evolution
4. Leth the Rhythm Hit 'Em

-----

C. Genki:

1. BAKADANCE <-WINNER
2. Lollipop
3. Running Man
4. Perfect Day

-----

D. Tension:

1. EVA OUT OF CONTROL
2. Perfect Strangers Ordeal
3. Utawarehero
4. Family Curse

-----

E. Action & Effects:

1. Paradox
2. Sweetest Embrace
3. Perception
4. PATH TO THE FUTURE <-WINNER
5. Galaxy Pad
6. Rush Core

-----

F. Retro:

1. Outlaw Wild
2. Flight of the Stars
3. Kids in the Wall
4. Heroes of El Hazard
5. PUTTIN ON A COMMOTION
6. Wildstar's Island

-----

G: Random Amusement

1. r0b07s
2. MISA REGRETTING WHAT MISA SAID <-CATEORY WINNER, BEST OF SHOW WINNER
3. D-I-S-C-O <-WINNER, JUDGES' CHOICE

-----

Winners not present at the con will be contacted privately for shipment details to receive their prizes.
SEE YOU NEXT YEAR!

« Last Edit: September 05, 2009, 10:07:01 pm by Prinz Eugen »

Offline rollthestampede

• Cabbit
Re: 2009 AMV Contest Playlist and Final Results
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2009, 10:00:57 pm »
congrads,  ;D
« Last Edit: September 05, 2009, 10:33:25 pm by rollthestampede »

Offline murder_of_raven

• Chibi
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2009, 06:06:46 pm »
I was very impressed with the contest this year, everybody did an awesome job! Specifically, each and every trailer entry I felt was worthy of props.

I can't believe I won the Retro category! =3 Thank you everyone who voted for me!!! I'll try really hard next year to make even better entries!

And specifically to somanyturtles: this may seem weird from the other newbie but I am very impressed with your videos. You show a lot of potential and I will definitely be following your future works!  :)

Offline somanyturtles

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2009, 12:41:24 am »
No, thats not weird at all, i really thank you for the complement. Your video was amazing too, obviously cuz you won best in category.

I wanna thank everyone for all the feed back you've given me! ;D I also wanna say congradulations to evenyone. Both contests were awesome and I can't wait to see what y'all got comming out next.

Secial Note to TCL: I'm gonna get you back for that slap at the Iorn Chef competetion.

Offline murder_of_raven

• Chibi
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2009, 02:21:01 am »
No, thats not weird at all, i really thank you for the complement. Your video was amazing too, obviously cuz you won best in category.

Heehee well thanks, I am still honestly surprised and thrilled people enjoyed it so much. And your trailer beat mine into the contest so I think we're even as far as "rising newbie" goes. Maybe one day we can court a rivalry similar to the one TCL and RtS have started XD

Offline Prinz Eugen

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2009, 02:35:44 pm »
Quote from: somanyturtles
Special Note to TCL: I'm gonna get you back for that slap at the Iorn Chef competetion.

Maybe next year's secret ingredient could be "Smack My Bitch Up" by The Protege Prodigy?
(All in good fun...)

Offline kayu1111

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2009, 03:42:06 pm »
By the time this was posted, I was already on my way to the con and had no internet access. In the future, please please put his up earlier, or email the people accepted into the contest.
:: KumoriCon 2014 ::
Zenya (Sweet Pool)
Akira (Togainu no Chi)
Praxis (Starfighter)
Sabitsuki (.flow)
Kagura (Gintama)

Offline rollthestampede

• Cabbit
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2009, 05:11:11 pm »
noone new till the last minute, you should have just showed up at one of the amv events

Offline MichaelEvans

• Catgirl
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2009, 05:25:24 pm »
Maybe Guy should request cell phone numbers and if you can be texted along with the actual AMVs?

Unless the hotel enters the 21st century and has -very- low (<= $1 / day) or no cost Internet that's probably how it will have to be.
---
Staff 2007-2010
2010-2008: Website Development (So very very much in the last month before the convention at last; Good thing I'm looking for work x.x and have the spare time ~.~)
2007: Website Administration (Mascot Voting Input, Live Schedule)

Offline murder_of_raven

• Chibi
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2009, 06:28:23 pm »
Maybe next year's secret ingredient could be "Smack My Bitch Up" by The Protege Prodigy?
(All in good fun...)

*Shudder* I hate that song.

Offline DarthTaco

• Cabbit
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2009, 12:57:41 pm »
Does anyone have the list of the AMVs played in the pre-show? Because some of those were so freaking funny!
Sex On Television Can't Hurt Unless You Fall Off.

Offline somanyturtles

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2009, 02:29:20 pm »

Heehee well thanks, I am still honestly surprised and thrilled people enjoyed it so much. And your trailer beat mine into the contest so I think we're even as far as "rising newbie" goes. Maybe one day we can court a rivalry similar to the one TCL and RtS have started XD

Friendly Rivalry sounds fun to me.

Offline thundercatlord

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2009, 07:01:46 pm »
Secial Note to TCL: I'm gonna get you back for that slap at the Iorn Chef competetion.

Special Note to SMT: Check your spelling before you hit the "post" button, bro.

j/k

I know, I'm an ass.  ;D
« Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 01:03:09 am by thundercatlord »

Offline Tobias

• Chibi
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2009, 09:15:38 pm »
So here's a quick question for murder_of_raven (And I don't know if I should be asking it here or not) But Is there anyway that you could put your amv 'Puttin on a Commotion' on to youtube?  That's my only source for amv's T-T
Done:
Garterbelt (Panty & Stocking)
Fem!Demoman (TF2)

2013:
Attack on titan uniform

Offline murder_of_raven

• Chibi
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2009, 09:18:51 pm »
So here's a quick question for murder_of_raven (And I don't know if I should be asking it here or not) But Is there anyway that you could put your amv 'Puttin on a Commotion' on to youtube?  That's my only source for amv's T-T

Sadly, I have serious troubles getting youtube to not desync my videos. Do you have a free animemusicvideos.org account? They've recently allowed free streaming previous for all users for all videos, so you can watch it there just like youtube except with better quality and no audio-desync. Does that work for you? Please PM me if it doesn't and we can discuss it further.

Offline Tobias

• Chibi
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2009, 12:44:03 pm »

Sadly, I have serious troubles getting youtube to not desync my videos. Do you have a free animemusicvideos.org account? They've recently allowed free streaming previous for all users for all videos, so you can watch it there just like youtube except with better quality and no audio-desync. Does that work for you? Please PM me if it doesn't and we can discuss it further.

No I didn't have an account there, but now I do XD.  I've seen the site before and I've tried understanding how it works but I'm seriously computer retarded. I'm like a grandma when it comes to computers. If I have to download anything I will some how find a way to completely destroy my computer XD.  I'll poke around there for a bit and see if I can understand  how it works (thank god for help guides).
Done:
Fem!Demoman (TF2)

2013:
Attack on titan uniform

Offline murder_of_raven

• Chibi
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2009, 01:07:02 pm »
Well, I'll say it again, if you need any help feel free to PM me, I really am thrilled you are interested in my work. :3

Offline Tobias

• Chibi
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2009, 01:16:33 pm »
Well, I'll say it again, if you need any help feel free to PM me, I really am thrilled you are interested in my work. :3

Woot!  Figured it out (and now feels like even more of a retard for how simple it was).  And I'm such an amv junky that I'm always looking for good amv's and yours was spectacular!  I'm glad you won at con and I can't wait to see more :D
Done:
Fem!Demoman (TF2)

2013:
Attack on titan uniform

Offline murder_of_raven

• Chibi
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2009, 01:53:22 pm »
Woot!  Figured it out (and now feels like even more of a retard for how simple it was).  And I'm such an amv junky that I'm always looking for good amv's and yours was spectacular!  I'm glad you won at con and I can't wait to see more :D

Wonderful news! I have three videos actively in the works and I should have four by the time the convention comes around. :3

Offline Tobias

• Chibi
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2009, 04:18:32 pm »

Wonderful news! I have three videos actively in the works and I should have four by the time the convention comes around. :3

Cool!  I can't wait to see what else you'll put out : D
Done:
Fem!Demoman (TF2)

2013:
Attack on titan uniform