Author Topic: Anquish of Snails, a band that plays anime music  (Read 7389 times)

Offline Rushifa

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • Sewing Madness
Anquish of Snails, a band that plays anime music
« on: May 08, 2004, 06:09:57 pm »
Hi, I'm Lucy, the guitarist in Anguish of Snail.  We played at the last Kumori Con (in Eugene), and we're wondering if you want us back this year.  We play music from animes such as .hack, Utena, and princess Mononoke, and video games such as Zelda and Final Fantasy, as well as our own original music.  We're made up of a harp, a guitar, two violin's, a viola, a flute, various percussion insterments, vocals, and other random insterments as the need arises.  

Btw, is Peter helping organize this again this year?  He was the one I talked to last year.

-Lucy

Offline staze

• Founder
  • Catgirl
    • http://www.staze.org/
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2004, 06:19:17 pm »
yes, he is.  I would suggest emailing him at programming@kumoricon.org.  I'm sure we all would like to see you back this year.
-Staze
Founding Member, Altonimbus Entertainment
"You mean, you'll put down your rock and I'll put down my sword, and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people?"

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2004, 06:21:54 pm »
i definitely really enjoyed you. especially the selections from utena!

do you have any recordings?

i actually had this little fantasy of learning the words to an utena song and singing it over one of your performances rather than karaoke.
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline Rushifa

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • Sewing Madness
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2004, 06:27:58 pm »
Quote from: "Staze"
yes, he is.  I would suggest emailing him at programming@kumoricon.org.  I'm sure we all would like to see you back this year.

Thanks, I'll email him.

Offline Rushifa

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • Sewing Madness
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2004, 06:30:19 pm »
Quote from: "RemSaverem"
i definitely really enjoyed you. especially the selections from utena!

do you have any recordings?

i actually had this little fantasy of learning the words to an utena song and singing it over one of your performances rather than karaoke.

We do even more Utena songs this year.  We don't have any recordings yet, but we should be making one in a few weeks, and we should definately have some by the Con (if we play there).

I don't know about singing with us, I'll have to check with the rest of the band. ^_^

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2004, 06:33:30 pm »
ooh, um, that was a fantasy....i don't know any of the lyrics, actually. though i have sung in public a bunch.

i don't even know where i would find lyrics?

think of it as a long term fantasy...like if i ever personally hired you to play a party or something....or if you ever got into the business of collaborating like that on a regular basis.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline Rushifa

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • Sewing Madness
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2004, 06:35:21 pm »
ooh, um, that was a fantasy....i don't know any of the lyrics, actually. though i have sung in public a bunch.

i don't even know where i would find lyrics?

think of it as a long term fantasy...like if i ever personally hired you to play a party or something....or if you ever got into the business of collaborating like that on a regular basis.

I like the idea of you hiring us for a party  :D   As for lyrics, you can find most of if not all of the utena song lyrics (along with lots of other anime lyrics) at http://www.animelyrics.com/

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2004, 06:39:39 pm »
excellent, thanks

there's a particular friend who might be visiting me at some point for whom i would want to buy a copy of your cd if it has utena songs on it, so, feel free to keep me posted on this.

Offline modab

• Founder
  • Sailor Scout
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2004, 06:39:55 pm »
Yay, good to see you guys are still together, I knew things would be up in the air for next year! I loved it when you guys performed, and I'm psyched for this year. Please send me an email, and we can work things out!

P.S. If you guys take requests, I would like to hear the opening for Stellvia someday :-) It's called Brilliant Road.
Peter Verrey, Founder

Offline Rushifa

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • Sewing Madness
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2004, 06:50:58 pm »
excellent, thanks

there's a particular friend who might be visiting me at some point for whom i would want to buy a copy of your cd if it has utena songs on it, so, feel free to keep me posted on this.

Cool, I will.  When we have a cd, I'll probably post something here

Offline Rushifa

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • Sewing Madness
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2004, 06:57:23 pm »
Quote from: "modab"
Yay, good to see you guys are still together, I knew things would be up in the air for next year! I loved it when you guys performed, and I'm psyched for this year. Please send me an email, and we can work things out!

P.S. If you guys take requests, I would like to hear the opening for Stellvia someday :-) It's called Brilliant Road.

I already email you at the someone gave me above.

Offline Rushifa

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • Sewing Madness
Library Gig
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2004, 07:07:58 pm »
Oh, btw, we have a gig at the Eugene library on the 4th of June at 7:00 pm.    It's a friday.  People should come!  (I'll probably post a big post about it when it gets closer)

Offline Rushifa

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • Sewing Madness
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2004, 12:02:30 pm »
Hi, thought I'd get this post up there again.  Anyway, just making sure people are still planning to have us there...  We're currently planning to stay in the hotel the Con's in, but I need to make sure about that.  We know more songs than last year, including alot of Utena battle songs, and we might even have cds this year!

Offline Sarutobi_Asuma

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2004, 12:38:33 pm »
You guys should totally play the opening music to Chrono Cross!!

its the best game music ever, and it sends shivers down my spine everytime i hear it! If you play, I can die happy!!!
*is willing to ninja duel anyone who challenges*

Offline Rushifa

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • Sewing Madness
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2004, 05:33:56 pm »
Do you know the name of the song?  We do a song called Time's Scar which is from one of the Chrono games, although, having played neither, I'm not sure which.

Offline Sarutobi_Asuma

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2004, 06:18:00 pm »
yeah i think thats the one... it starts with guitar in Em doing picking, then flute (or penny plute... mneh) does a melody, then when that is done theres the exciting stuff with violin and guitar and bass and percussion

im getting excited just thinking about it....

im pretty sure its times scar
*is willing to ninja duel anyone who challenges*

Offline Rushifa

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • Sewing Madness
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2004, 07:27:56 pm »
I checked, and it is from Chrono Cross, so yeah, Time's Scar is the song you're talking about.

Offline Rushifa

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • Sewing Madness
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2004, 11:39:22 am »
Hey, can Peter or someone in charge email me?  I've emailed one adress, and I haven;t gotten a reply yet...and I need information soon.

Offline TheBoogiepope

• Oni
    • http://www.ealdwood.net
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2004, 10:38:29 am »
w00t, I lost my old forum username, but now, I am back!  Er... for anyone who's reading this, I'm Luke, lead violinist/etc. in this band (I was the Boogiepop cosplayer last year).  Just wanting to update this thread by saying:

Yes, we ARE playing!  And if anyone knows the lyrics to any Utena battle songs (well, not ANY: "Tenshi Souzou Sunawachi Hikari" [Juri first duel], "Nikutai no Naka no Kouseidai" [Saionji second duel], "Nanibito mo Kataru-koto Nashi" [Touga second duel], or the second ending theme, "Virtual Star Hasseigaku"), it'd be great to have you guys join us in singing!  We should be doing "Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku" (ascending the stairs theme), too... but it's yet uncertain!  Anyway, if you want to find lyrics, as Rushifa already posted, go to www.animelyrics.com.