Author Topic: GUILD WARS :D  (Read 6025 times)

Offline princessbunny99

• Cabbit
GUILD WARS :D
« on: May 18, 2005, 11:31:40 am »
anyone else on it?

Bianca HeavyArms wishes for companions :D :D

-pb-

Offline Irnogs

• Chibi
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2005, 12:45:32 pm »
Hehe, yeah I'm playing that (when time allows). I haven't gotten to play too much so I'm only Lvl 7 atm... I played during the beta weekends some too. I have a Me/Mo main character and an El/Mo as well. My characters are Killishandra Ree and Sophia Eldrin.

Offline hikaru_maxwell

• Catgirl
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2005, 02:54:59 pm »
I'm going to sound like such a newbie....urm...what is guild wars?

~*~Member of Cannot Unsee~*~

Offline khayman

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.teamarc.org
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2005, 05:30:42 pm »
Quote from: "hikaru_maxwell"
I'm going to sound like such a newbie....urm...what is guild wars?

New mmorpg
=SynthesiS= KHaYMaN
~Jeff

Offline Irnogs

• Chibi
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2005, 04:06:59 pm »
yeah... it's not as evil as other MMOs such as WoW and EQ since there's no subscription fee. I'd never play a game that charged a subscription fee because I can't and don't want to put that much time into it and paying $15/mo would be a rip-off for the maybej 10hrs/mo I play...

GuildWars has been likened to a 3d Diablo. It's been very enjoyable so far. :)

www.GuildWars.com

Offline hikaru_maxwell

• Catgirl
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2005, 09:11:13 am »
Wow...it looks nice.  I might pick it up and start playing (at some point).

~*~Member of Cannot Unsee~*~

Offline Panda0_0

• Catgirl
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2005, 12:17:49 pm »
o sorry for the update on this thread but i have to say something!~

Guildwars:

Guild wars has to be the most repetitive game since EverQuest 1. The only rating GuildWas has gotten is for its PVP qualities. the way you get your skills is you just repeat killing, following, delivering, and finding things. the only way you get skills for PVP is by going into the rollplaying game and leaveling up.

sad thing is if you start out a pvp and want to play just pvp you cant because your character will have no skills! so you buts go through the long and boring RP game to get all of your skill.

After getting the long 4 weeks of getting skills to start PVPing you will then have to find a guild or a party to team up with. most guilds are filling up fast, as well as the party!

If you somehow find your way into a guild you must become good at PVPing witch most people art at 1st.

bla bla bla

ya im done with my rant really but i give this game a 2/5 stars beacuse the way things work for the game are just anoying and long!

ALSO the 50$ game being non mouthly there will probably be no updates or expansion packs for the game. so the game is how it is and forever will be.

Thank you for your time if you have looked over this but its just a warning that the game will get boring after a fu weeks.

Who are you? Whats your name? SUPER BROTHERS!

Offline Irnogs

• Chibi
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2005, 04:15:21 pm »
Uhmm... have you even played the game? It's not like that at all. The quests are actually quite diverse and there's a lot of bonus quests and quests that run along the story line and such. Also, they've already released some updates... for free! They also have plans to release more in the future (for a cost). That's how they make their money. Not releasing any updates or expansions would make them go bankrupt. The game can seem a little tedious at times, but not very often. I've just been questing and exploring so far. There's no repetitive killing at all. I hate repetitive, tedious types, which is why I stay away from WoW and quit playing Diablo. Guild Wars certainly has a lot more to offer, you just have to actually give it a chance to see.

Also, just to let you know there are no guild or party shortages. As a matter of fact new players are usually bombarded by so many guilds offering membership that it's confusing! The Guild I joined just PVPs for fun, so there's no pressure. There's lots of guilds like that, you just need to look (and not that hard).

And also, I'm not sure why you're complaining about the PVP system. Do you just expect them to allow you to START with everything unlocked? Most games also make you level up your character rather than offer you the option of creating a new high lvl PVP char. I don't really know what you expect...

Offline Panda0_0

• Catgirl
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2005, 06:14:22 pm »
yes iv played the game!

i was skill caped in 3 weeks and discovered that evrythig was the same just gammed up to look difrent.

ya...

i dident like it, but thats just wat i think!

Anonymous

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2005, 09:58:18 pm »
Quote from: "Panda0_0"
o sorry for the update on this thread but i have to say something!~

Guildwars:

Guild wars has to be the most repetitive game since EverQuest 1. The only rating GuildWas has gotten is for its PVP qualities. the way you get your skills is you just repeat killing, following, delivering, and finding things. the only way you get skills for PVP is by going into the rollplaying game and leaveling up.

sad thing is if you start out a pvp and want to play just pvp you cant because your character will have no skills! so you buts go through the long and boring RP game to get all of your skill.

After getting the long 4 weeks of getting skills to start PVPing you will then have to find a guild or a party to team up with. most guilds are filling up fast, as well as the party!

If you somehow find your way into a guild you must become good at PVPing witch most people art at 1st.

bla bla bla

ya im done with my rant really but i give this game a 2/5 stars beacuse the way things work for the game are just anoying and long!

ALSO the 50$ game being non mouthly there will probably be no updates or expansion packs for the game. so the game is how it is and forever will be.

Thank you for your time if you have looked over this but its just a warning that the game will get boring after a fu weeks.

They have a bunch of updates and expansions planned...I'm not sure what you're talking about.

Anonymous

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2005, 09:59:35 pm »
Quote from: "Irnogs"
Uhmm... have you even played the game? It's not like that at all. The quests are actually quite diverse and there's a lot of bonus quests and quests that run along the story line and such. Also, they've already released some updates... for free! They also have plans to release more in the future (for a cost). That's how they make their money. Not releasing any updates or expansions would make them go bankrupt. The game can seem a little tedious at times, but not very often. I've just been questing and exploring so far. There's no repetitive killing at all. I hate repetitive, tedious types, which is why I stay away from WoW and quit playing Diablo. Guild Wars certainly has a lot more to offer, you just have to actually give it a chance to see.

Also, just to let you know there are no guild or party shortages. As a matter of fact new players are usually bombarded by so many guilds offering membership that it's confusing! The Guild I joined just PVPs for fun, so there's no pressure. There's lots of guilds like that, you just need to look (and not that hard).

And also, I'm not sure why you're complaining about the PVP system. Do you just expect them to allow you to START with everything unlocked? Most games also make you level up your character rather than offer you the option of creating a new high lvl PVP char. I don't really know what you expect...

I'm with you on this one....

Offline Panda0_0

• Catgirl
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2005, 10:00:54 pm »
cut the quotes and sighn up please!