Author Topic: Tenchi Muyo  (Read 3880 times)

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
Tenchi Muyo
« on: May 16, 2005, 06:15:16 pm »
I dun know how many know this already or if the series is still popular, but the 3rd OAV of Tenchi Muyo is coming this summer(3 in july, 3 more in august).  I've already read on they're all about and they're looking very interesting.  Looking for info on the 3rd OAV has revived my interest in the series(although, GXP did play a large part).  although...there isn't many characters I could cosplay if I tried that option.  either way, what do people think of this upcoming news?
"Hm, the Moe is strong with this one..."
Kylite-"You and your TV Tropes!"<Refering to This Troper's ruined voc

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
Tenchi Muyo
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2005, 08:42:47 pm »
yay i like tenchi , uspecaly washu (washu washu your the best)!!
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
Tenchi Muyo
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2005, 10:13:08 pm »
Still of huge fan of Tenchi.  ^_^
Just to clarify, does the 3rd OAV take place after the first 12 (or so) original episodes?  I know there's another series continuing after that but I don't know you guys have it in the US yet.

(Ahh, sweet Sasami and raging Ryoko, my top two fav. in the series. ^_^)

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
Tenchi Muyo
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2005, 11:47:34 pm »
The 3rd OAV is already out in Japan and picks up right after episode 13(more or less).  however, this september, they will a release a special episode similar to episode 7 after the 1st OAV(not sure if they will bring this one to US though).

The US release is July 5th for the first 3 while the second 3 episodes will be out in August.

Except for Ryouko, all of the original VAs are making their come backs from the first two OAVs.  For Ryouko, she will be done by the same VA as from GXP(GXP weren't able to get any of the original VA due to such a short notice).   I've heard many people didn't like how she did in GXP, but I heard they grilled her on this and has it perfect now.  Supposely, a Tenchi fangirl who is an intern at the studio wasn't able tell it was a different VA.

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
Tenchi Muyo
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2005, 02:33:15 am »
Quote from: "Kurimono"
The 3rd OAV is already out in Japan and picks up right after episode 13(more or less).  however, this september, they will a release a special episode similar to episode 7 after the 1st OAV(not sure if they will bring this one to US though).

The US release is July 5th for the first 3 while the second 3 episodes will be out in August.

Except for Ryouko, all of the original VAs are making their come backs from the first two OAVs.  For Ryouko, she will be done by the same VA as from GXP(GXP weren't able to get any of the original VA due to such a short notice).   I've heard many people didn't like how she did in GXP, but I heard they grilled her on this and has it perfect now.  Supposely, a Tenchi fangirl who is an intern at the studio wasn't able tell it was a different VA.

Okay, thanks.  I knew and have seen another series of Tenchi Muyo in some of the DVD stores around Tokyo but I didn't know if you were refering to another one.

I'll be sure to add "Finish watching GXP" to my list of things to do when I return home.  I'm only half way into it before I left so I don't know how they did for the characters from the first OAV.

Offline Dustin

• Catgirl
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/217341/
Tenchi Muyo
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2005, 08:16:03 am »
Tenchi Muyo was the fourth anime I had ever seen (Dragonball Z being first, Sailor Moon being second, and Dragon Ball being third), and it is STILL one of my all time favorites.

I absolutly love Ryo-Ohki!

Ryo-chan!!!! :D :D :D

I have the key chain, the stuffed animal that lights up (I even have Ken-Ohki (Note: He's kinda hard to find these days)).

Out of the main female characters, its gotta be Ryoko. I HATE Ayeka with a passion.

Was kinda said to hear I won't be hearing Petrea Burchards LOVELY Ryoko in the dub, but, I am open to trying a new Ryoko voice. It might even be better (I'll still always love Petrea's rendition though). At least they got all the rest of the cast back. :D :D

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
Tenchi Muyo
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2005, 12:25:02 pm »
I saw Tenchi Muyo in 4th grade on the old Weekday Toonami. I think it was the Swimsuit episode, where they all are running from Ryoko's nemisis, and Ryoko evenutaly steals all the cash and they zoom off in Ryo-oh-ki. I love that episode. :3

I used to watch it on the International Channel (Now AZN TV.), but they took it off the air.

Speaking of AZN Tv, Tonight (Tuesday) id their Anime block. They also show Anime movies... Though I fogot what day.

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
Tenchi Muyo
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2005, 04:04:00 pm »
@Negima
just so you know, its not needed to finish GXP to watch the last OAV.  GXP takes place about a year after the OAV(same universe as OAV, both were designed by Masaki Kajishima), although I believe the OAV will a explain a few things that you see in the later parts of GXP but I dun think its really matters which ones you finish first.

@Dustin
why you hate Ayeka?  personally, I like her more then Ryouko, not that I dislike her or any of the other characters(its rare for me to dislike someone)

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
Tenchi Muyo
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2005, 05:32:07 pm »
i love it when they fight and also when they actuly get along (rare as it is)
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
Tenchi Muyo
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2005, 08:37:48 pm »
I wish Kiyone was in the OAV (not counting Mihoshi's special).
I've heard a couple of rumors about this OAV and have seen the box covers so I have a small idea what to expect.  I also heard that there will be another OAV after this one but I may have misinterpreted the article and mixed up the OAVs.

@Kurimono
I know GXP is separate from Tenchi but it's more one of those "Hey, I started it, I may as well finish it" things.  Same thing for Serial Experiment Lain for me.

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
Tenchi Muyo
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2005, 08:50:25 pm »
you will seen some of Mihoshi old friends from the GP in the OAVs, but Kiyone from the TV series won't appear as she isn't the creation of Masaki Kajishima.  the extra OAV you heard about is likely the episode 20 special they're doing.

Spoiler:
the name Kiyone is also reserved for tenchi's mother in the OAVs as well

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
Tenchi Muyo
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2005, 09:15:00 pm »
From 8 to 10 It's Tenchi Muyo in Love on AZN TV (Comcast, my area. ;--; I dunno your channels).

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
Tenchi Muyo
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2005, 09:35:50 pm »
Quote from: "Neko_Chan"
From 8 to 10 It's Tenchi Muyo in Love on AZN TV (Comcast, my area. ;--; I dunno your channels).

that looks like the international channel.  I dun think I get sadly though.

Offline Dustin

• Catgirl
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/217341/
Tenchi Muyo
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2005, 10:00:17 pm »
@Dustin
why you hate Ayeka?  personally, I like her more then Ryouko, not that I dislike her or any of the other characters(its rare for me to dislike someone)

Ayeka is such a selfish character. All the time, too. I just can't stand her.

I've always hated Ayeka, and always will.

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
Tenchi Muyo
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2005, 10:02:48 pm »
Quote from: "Dustin"
@Dustin

Ayeka is such a selfish character. All the time, too. I just can't stand her.

I've always hated Ayeka, and always will.

didn't seem that selfish to me.  very prim and proper(or tries to be) not really selfish imo.