News > Forum Announcements Archives

New forum code of conduct

<< < (4/4)

DancingTofu:

--- Quote from: superjaz on September 24, 2009, 09:54:34 am ---does width really matter much, i mean once you have the height if you only use so much you just have blank space

--- End quote ---
Well, stuff over 650 pixels wide would probably stretch screens set to 800x640, which is probably the smallest resolution you'll encounter on any computer that can run the internet, so I'd say keep it under 650 wide and you're fine.

superjaz:
ah i getya

camname21:
resolution goes under 1000? WOW!  :)

kalagei:

--- Quote from: camname21 on October 01, 2009, 08:06:06 pm ---resolution goes under 1000? WOW!  :)

--- End quote ---

Yep!

I had to do a double take at 800x640 since that's such an odd aspect. Turns out that's the size of the EEE PC screens.

DancingTofu:
Yeah, it's a 5:4 ratio (which I believe was the standard back when monitors weighed more than computers) instead of the typical 4:3 ratio (800x600 whoo!) that you get with a lot of current displays.  Not as crazy as the wacky widescreen ratios you see like the PSP's 480x272 (30:17) or the more common but still kind of wacky 1024x600 (128:75) setting, which is what the display that I'm using right now is set to.

Anyway, I know I sort of spawned it, but let's try to keep the discussion to questions and comments regarding the current forum code of conduct.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version