Author Topic: Quick question about fliers  (Read 1569 times)

Offline Kristy

• Cabbit
    • The Echo Chronicles
Quick question about fliers
« on: August 31, 2009, 02:35:39 am »
So, I'm aware that there is a no solicitation rule when it comes to promoting outside events and businesses and the like and that there might be room at the info desk for promotional items of those types.

What I was wondering is if it would be okay to distribute fliers specifically for an at con event?   I thought it might be nice to promote my panels/workshops a little bit and see if I could drum up additional interest.  If not, that's cool.  Just curious.

Thanks.
Check out the TEC voice over auditions being held at KumoriCon this year: http://teccomic.com/auditions/

Offline Rathany

• Bunnygirl
Re: Quick question about fliers
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2009, 10:36:07 am »
That's fine at the flyer table.  Anything beyond that ...

I, personally, would not want someone actively trying to hand out flyers in con space.  And I don't want random surfaces covered in random flyers. 

Jaki gets final say on this (or Beau, if he pokes he head in), but I don't see a way besides the flyer table to make advertising unobtrustive.  I just don't want congoers always bombarded by ads.  Partially, because if *we* need to be promoting, advertising or informing for some reason, I don't want it drown out.  Last year we made lots of signs for two events, because they were not in the con book so people had no other way of knowing about them.

Last year, for the Ouran panel, they sent hosts out to talk to people about the panel to spark interest.  And that was fine, as they were not yelling or, from what I could see, being agressive.  Also, people have used the forums to spark interest in panels and events as well. 
2003 - 2006 Kumoricon Attendee
2007 - Assistant Registration Manager - PreReg Side
2008 - Vice Chair
2009/2010 - Director of Relations
2011 - Return to Vice
2012 - herp derp

Offline Jamiche

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2009, 01:21:58 pm »
I'm pretty much in agreement with Dawn... we don't want people so overwhelmed with ads that they don't notice major schedule changes or other important announcement.  If she says you can do a flier on the table, that is cool by me.

Other than that, there is the con book and talk on the forums to drum up interest... word of mouth is really the best way to do it.  You have had a good amount of interest on the forums.. encourage them to spread the word :)
2015-2016 Director of Programming
2014 Assistant Director of Programming
2008-2013 Director of Programming
2007 Tech Manager & Video Room Coordinator, Manga Library & Cosplay Chess
2006 Video Room & Karaoke Manager
2005 Video Room Coordinator

Offline Kristy

• Cabbit
    • The Echo Chronicles
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2009, 07:15:10 pm »
Sounds good to me, thanks. :)
Check out the TEC voice over auditions being held at KumoriCon this year: http://teccomic.com/auditions/