Author Topic: Build your own Ponyo putt putt boat!  (Read 2983 times)

Offline Wuntvor

• Catgirl
    • http://wuntvor.home.comcast.net/anime_list.htm
Build your own Ponyo putt putt boat!
« on: August 30, 2009, 03:50:47 pm »
Hi.  I was looking at an AMV that a friend sent me about Ponyo and boats and when it finished I saw this link on the real steam powered toy boats like the one Souske has in Ponyo.  I thought, neat!  I had intended to look into the whole Ponyo boat thing anyway when I saw the movie, but I had sort of forgoten to.  :P  Anyway,  I found this site on how to make your own putt putt (pop pop) toy boat.   :o  All of the materials are easy to get and inexpensive, and the project itself should be simple enough for most people in Jr. High to build.  It is very detailed and easy to follow, and gives you multiple ways to find the information, as well as alternatives to building the hull.  After watching the video, I wished I had a teacher like this when I was in school!  If you want to see other projects by the same guy then look here.   ;D

I suppose it is to late to try and have a panel for making these, and it does take quite a while (I am not sure how long, but with the epoxy dry time I would guess at least 2 hours, maybe less if all the parts are pre-cut and ready to assemble), but I bet it would be a blast!
(\,@/)  Quote from -  Rock & Rule
(=','=)  Stretch: MOK! Don't let him get us!  He'll put a heck on me!
 //_\\   Dizzy:    Hexx, Stretch.  Hexx.
  d b    Stretch: Aw!  Two of them!  That's even worse!