Author Topic: COSPLAY SCHEDULE!!!!  (Read 3662 times)

Offline Runa

• Catgirl
COSPLAY SCHEDULE!!!!
« on: August 27, 2009, 07:11:14 pm »
*I've emailed this to those who have preregistered... for those who have not yet preregistered for cosplay, this is important if you are planning to participate!

Now that the schedule has been printed, it's time to let you know when to be where for cosplay event. There are still many spaces available so if you know someone else who was thinking of signing up, there's room for more SKITS.

Some times have changed from previous years due to scheduling conflicts (KIRK THORNTON's dubbing workshop is noon to 2 in Main Events, then there's this Rockband Tournament thing 2:30 - 4...) so be sure to keep this schedule handy.

We are going to run things similar to the way we did last year - participants will be assigned time slots for judging and rehearsals (to prevent gaps in the time slots, we’re going to have everyone assigned in order).

Notes for each event are included in description:

21:00 –22:00 SATURDAY (yes, 9PM-10PM SATURDAY! )
MAJOR CHANGE FROM PREVIOUS YEARS – Rounds - Cosplay pre-meeting

- FINAL DEADLINE for all entries. Entry forms, waivers, and CDs must be turned in to the Cosplay Manager. There are NO EXCEPTIONS.
          - This is the time to ask the Cosplay Manager questions about skit content and weapons use; receive time assignments for Costume Workmanship and Skit technical rehearsal; and hear any last-minute announcements.       
           - PLEASE arrive on time to reduce chaos and staff stress.
           - Costumes NOT required at this meeting
          -  At least one member of each group must be present  to check in, proofread the data, make last minute corrections, etc. (this means that if one of your members is "lost", then the rest of you show up to check in and THEN you can go hunt him down. DON'T be late to this - there is a mountain of paperwork for the staff to handle and we need to have time to get all the data sheets printed, sorted and distributed to appropriate people. If we don't see you then you aren't in cosplay). 

08:00-11:00 Sunday – Main Events Room- Cosplay technical rehearsal time for skit entrants and walk-ons. Sorry, this is the only time that we could get – I guess we should be glad it wasn’t set for 5AM-8AM.
            - Costumes NOT required at this meeting, but a good idea since you may wish to "test" how difficult it will be to get on/off stage in the costume.
            - Walk-ons will walk across the stage once each to get a feel for the size of the stage and runway, and to determine when and where to pose.  Walk-ons will be the first time slot – 08:00 to about 08:15 - since this is rather quick.
            - Skit entrants must arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the start time of their rehearsal slot. This is quick walk-through to help coordinate ninja assistance, lighting, music, etc. Remember, this is a technical walk-through, not a full rehearsal, so you will only be on stage long enough for testing of your audio and confirming technical queues.
           - You may stay or leave at your discretion, however if you miss your slot, your group will be disqualified.

1300 - 1600 Sunday - ROUNDS (they will be doing autographs on the other side of Rounds, so please keep it relatively quiet while waiting for their sake) - Costume Workmanship judging.
       - Be sure to arrive at least 10 –15 minutes prior to your scheduled time slot – if we are running ahead of time, we may pull you in sooner.   
       - Costumes REQUIRED (duh).

1600 Sunday – ROUNDS (aka Green Room)
- IMPORTANT!: Svetlana’s autograph session ends at 15:30 (3:30PM), so please DO NOT go to this room before 1600 EXCEPT for your scheduled costume judging time to reduce chaos in the room. Well, it’s fine to be there if you’re in line for Svetlana’s autograph….

- All entrants must be present in Green Room. Costumes REQUIRED (duh). 
            - Seating for Cosplay Competition begins at 1630
            - We were PROMISED a video feed into Green Room.

17:00 Sunday - Curtain Time!

- Follow directions of Green Room "Mom," cosplayer wranglers, stage crew for when to head to the stage for your act.
            - After you act is over, you may either find a seat in the main events hall or return to the Green Room to hang out or watch the rest of the competition on the video feed.

?? PM Sunday - "Half-time Show" and Winner announcements
            After Cosplay Competition ends, The Anime Hunters will put on a special skit to entertain the audience while the judges compile the results and determine winners. Please stick around for that since it's expected to be good. As soon as the judges are finished deciding, they'll announce the results and call the winners up on stage to take a bow*.

* Prizes will be available in the programming suite about an hour after the winners are announced. (Winners receive certificates and will be allowed to CHOOSE THEIR OWN PRIZES from the selection of prize packets)

Offline LtCommanderRichie

• Bunnygirl
Re: COSPLAY SCHEDULE!!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2009, 09:40:08 pm »
Thank you very much! I have this all programmed into my phone with alerts and all that jazz now, so I shouldn't be late for anything. It'll get annoying after the third or fourth alert, though.

Do you think I could possibly spend part of Friday or the pre-meet Saturday poking around the back entrance to the stage from the green room to see if I'll fit? I understand if I can't, though, since it is a hotel and all that jazz.

Offline Jamiche

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2009, 10:02:17 pm »
Green room this year will not be accessed thru a hallway, it will be thru the air wall instead.  Track me down Friday nite, and I will see what we can do about helping you figure out if you are going to have issues. :)
2015-2016 Director of Programming
2014 Assistant Director of Programming
2008-2013 Director of Programming
2007 Tech Manager & Video Room Coordinator, Manga Library & Cosplay Chess
2006 Video Room & Karaoke Manager
2005 Video Room Coordinator

Offline LtCommanderRichie

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2009, 10:05:16 pm »
Okay, thank you! I'll bring a tape measure.

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2009, 05:38:42 pm »
Yay for having a video feed this year : D
returning with a vengeance to K con~

Offline CharlotteElbourne

• Chibi
    • Charlotte's Cosplay.com Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2009, 07:19:57 pm »
For the pre meet on Saturday, where are we meeting?  ???

Offline Runa

• Catgirl
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2009, 08:25:38 am »
For the pre meet on Saturday, where are we meeting?  ???

Pre meeting is in ROUNDS - the room sharing a wall with Main Events.

Offline Runa

• Catgirl
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2009, 08:02:47 am »
Kumoricon is starting soon... you ready?

Oh, for the pre-meeting Saturday evening, any child entrants (those younger than 13) can send in a proxy (parent , older friend) to check them in if the 9 PM meeting is past bed-time.