Author Topic: magic tournament - need deck  (Read 2533 times)

Offline EggytheGreen

• Sailor Scout
magic tournament - need deck
« on: August 28, 2009, 10:51:45 pm »
someone was kind enough to purchase a starter deck so that I could play with it in the tournament last year.  I have a couple of decks now but don't think I'll do very well with them...  so, if someone wanted to lend me a deck for the tournament it would be much appreciated.  (of course, if the tournament's different, then whatever...)

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
Re: magic tournament - need deck
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2009, 09:13:43 am »
I'd recommend entering the Booster Draft, if there is one.  Basically, build a deck from selections out of boosters as they make their rounds.  The Wizards of the Coast website has a free booster draft application that can be used to practice the drafting process, although it would be up to you to figure out what kind of deck you'd do best with.
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>

Offline leonmasteries

• Catgirl
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2009, 09:45:31 am »
I suck horribly at this game, even tho I have two decks... If I didn't suck, I might try, but otherwise, no.

Offline EggytheGreen

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2009, 12:50:54 pm »
I hate drafting, and will probably only play in the standard tournament (there was no fee for it last time)... I actually have many decks, but only a few of them are standard legal and somewhat decent (my decks are comprised of commons)...