Author Topic: Will the Dance be Worth it?  (Read 9146 times)

Offline ZombieFace

• Sailor Scout
    • Jailbreak Designs / Photography
Will the Dance be Worth it?
« on: August 28, 2009, 01:45:47 pm »
Remember a couple years ago when the dances were fun? I sure do! I loved the days when the DJ was like.. "Hey, if you have an iPod bring it up and we'll play stuff!" 
That was great because there was such an array of great / random music!

The DJ's last year were not the feel of the con in any sense. It was horrendous. I know I am not alone in that thought.

What is the plan for the dances this year? Who will be going and what will you be wearing?

~JailBreak Photography~
www.jailbreakdesigns.com

oslapedo

Re: Will the Dance be Worth it?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2009, 01:49:04 pm »
I personally had a blast at the dances last year.

Offline ZombieFace

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2009, 01:53:09 pm »
I personally had a blast at the dances last year.

tomato tamoto,  lol

~JailBreak Photography~
www.jailbreakdesigns.com

Offline xcthulhux

• Bunnygirl
    • MAI BLOG
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2009, 01:54:02 pm »
i need to ask.
is there a specific theme for the dance?
also, what day is it? or is there more than one?
i didn't bother to look last year, and last year was my first, so.....

anyway, if its like a rave-ish party, i may bring some of my rave gear and dress up, but otherwise, im not sure.

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2009, 01:55:30 pm »
There is dances both Sat and Sun.

Offline ZombieFace

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2009, 01:56:54 pm »
@xcthulhux

Usually it is a rave-ish thing. I know lots who dress up in glowies and bright colors. So you should bring it in case. The schedule is out, it's in there i believe.

Last years, however.. was.. not rave-ish. it was like..   .. caca.

~JailBreak Photography~
www.jailbreakdesigns.com

Offline xcthulhux

• Bunnygirl
    • MAI BLOG
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2009, 02:25:46 pm »
@xcthulhux

Usually it is a rave-ish thing. I know lots who dress up in glowies and bright colors. So you should bring it in case. The schedule is out, it's in there i believe.

Last years, however.. was.. not rave-ish. it was like..   .. caca.
cool.
i will dress up then.
i need to make some new phat pants >.>

its going to be interesting switching out of my cosplays to dress up in my rave outfit though.
good thing im going in a car amirite?

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2009, 05:51:41 pm »
I need to make sure to bring my dancing shoes this time. :P

As long as I do that, the dances should be ballin'.
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2009, 06:02:49 pm »
tofu: xD well if your there its sure to be a party
returning with a vengeance to K con~

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2009, 06:04:21 pm »
Definitely. >:3

And I'll get some sleep beforehand too.  When I'm actually AWAKE while dancing, worlds crumble!

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2009, 06:06:03 pm »
ima bring a bucket of glow sticks this year xD they ran out last year so this time I'm coming prepared!

i havent actually been to the masq yet : o I hear its not as fun as the raves

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2009, 06:22:52 pm »
I'll probably pick up some ear plugs beforehand this year.  The Sakuracon rave Saturday night was horrendous for the first hour or so because it was too loud.  Then I finally found some ear plugs.

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2009, 06:24:01 pm »
i was to close to the speakers at last years k con rave xD but i was dancing so only my right side faced them. because of this I had a nice half deaf effect going on for several hours later

Offline Dubaby

• Catgirl
    • My Cosplay.com account
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2009, 06:45:31 pm »
I'm going shopping before con and I'm just gonna raid the dollar store of all the glow goodies that I can find...

I believe this occasion may call for me to bust out my neon-green fishnet undershirt as well. lol XD
Junior Cadet of TD BRO CHAD

Offline ZombieFace

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2009, 09:10:53 am »

I'll probably take more pics at the dance.

~JailBreak Photography~
www.jailbreakdesigns.com

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2009, 09:46:00 am »
I believe this occasion may call for me to bust out my neon-green fishnet undershirt as well. lol XD
What occasion doesn't call for that?

I'll go fabulous (a handful of people know what this means), if I do, in fact, go.  I'm putting in 11 (maybe more) hours in clocked tournaments though, so I'm not expecting too many surprise shifts. ;D  Probably about 95% chance I'll be at this for at least a few hours.

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2009, 10:04:27 am »
Im not sure I want to know what going fabulous is with you....

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2009, 10:31:41 am »
It's quite civilised, I assure you of that.

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2009, 10:33:00 am »
Which for you makes me very worried....

Offline jimnicricket

• Cabbit
    • webbwerx
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2009, 06:32:43 pm »
SUNDAY NIGHT I will be spinning at the dance with dj little terror ~ we have not been given times but if there is more than 2 hours inital p and possible kid kaboom will be spinning to.

I am a rave dj and have played k con 3 times (dressed like a pokemon last year) and I have played at sakura con since 04' I think haha and played anime north in toronto

here  is a vid of me in phx

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=27272849

www.cowpunch.org  (for some of my old mixes
myspace.com/jimnicricket (for more info

I play mostly  plays hhc (ukhardcore)  I do not play like off an I pod it is mixing records I do what is called mash up ( live remixing) scratching, original tunes  and quick mix so for my set it will be an hour of non stop hhc remixed tunes of pop and jcore.
I have been touring for 4 years almost every weekend and  spinning for 10year.   I have played in almost every city in the us  and am on the largest hhc internet radio station hhc with a show called north american hardcore movement on . http://www.happyhardcore.com/radio or
http://www.di.fm channel hardcore.

sorry to sound like I am bragging but I want to assure you I know what I am doing !!! ^_^

Little terror is one of the first hhc (happyhardcore) djs in your city. I believe he has been spinning records for 11years  He is very talented and played kcon a few years ago 
I  assure you we will be playing the nerdy side of rave music and are very in to anime ~  ~~~

I hope every enjoys it !
": Yes, yes! You will be more powerful than, than... locomotive! More faster than speeding bull! You will leap all buildings in a single town!

Offline BangBangNeko

• Chibi
    • BangBangNeko Cosplay
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2009, 08:53:33 pm »
SUNDAY NIGHT I will be spinning at the dance with dj little terror ~ we have not been given times but if there is more than 2 hours inital p and possible kid kaboom will be spinning to.

I am a rave dj and have played k con 3 times (dressed like a pokemon last year) and I have played at sakura con since 04' I think haha and played anime north in toronto

I play mostly  plays hhc (ukhardcore)  I do not play like off an I pod it is mixing records I do what is called mash up ( live remixing) scratching, original tunes  and quick mix so for my set it will be an hour of non stop hhc remixed tunes of pop and jcore.
I have been touring for 4 years almost every weekend and  spinning for 10year.   I have played in almost every city in the us  and am on the largest hhc internet radio station hhc with a show called north american hardcore movement on . http://www.happyhardcore.com/radio or

sorry to sound like I am bragging but I want to assure you I know what I am doing !!! ^_^

Little terror is one of the first hhc (happyhardcore) djs in your city. I believe he has been spinning records for 11years  He is very talented and played kcon a few years ago 
I  assure you we will be playing the nerdy side of rave music and are very in to anime ~  ~~~

I hope every enjoys it !
omg I love your stuff, can't wait to see what you do this year. With her DJing the dance this will be awesome. ^_^

Offline ZakkKurama

• Sailor Scout
    • Animes Watching: I Need to UPDATE!
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2009, 10:46:04 pm »

I'll probably take more pics at the dance.

THATS EPICCC!
who ever did this has gottta teach me how to do those moves  ;D

Offline makichan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2009, 11:30:12 pm »
Remember a couple years ago when the dances were fun? I sure do! I loved the days when the DJ was like.. "Hey, if you have an iPod bring it up and we'll play stuff!" 
That was great because there was such an array of great / random music!

The DJ's last year were not the feel of the con in any sense. It was horrendous. I know I am not alone in that thought.

What is the plan for the dances this year? Who will be going and what will you be wearing?
Couldn't agree more!
I remember that last year's dance was ballin' until the ifrst DJ had to leave because of a different DJ... and then... :(
But! I have faith that this year will be as spiffy as it was in '05, despite the no ipod thing. Damn, that was a good dance!
"I like the way you fire that gun."
"Thanks. I like the way you take a bullet."

Offline jimnicricket

• Cabbit
    • webbwerx
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2009, 12:39:33 pm »
well sat night is like lap top dj night where you can just choose tunes so you can see both mobile and rave deejays this weekend 
": Yes, yes! You will be more powerful than, than... locomotive! More faster than speeding bull! You will leap all buildings in a single town!

Offline animeotakujoanne

• Sailor Scout
    • Joanne K. Cosplay
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2009, 01:03:35 pm »
I have no clue what to wear for a rave/if I'm going, sounds like a lot of fun though :D
Kumoricon 2013!

Offline Lin

• Catgirl
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2009, 05:59:36 pm »
Hehehe I am glow-prepared! I have dual colored bendable glowsticks and glow in the dark bead necklaces! Ah Tofu good point about the ear plugs I almost forgot to pick up a pair! XD
Secrety secrets!

Offline CMD Productions

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2009, 08:40:52 pm »
Both dances will be well worth it. They will both be very different. I'm making the good times on Saturday shortly after the Bands with my good friend The Electric Jungle Pig. It's going to be a mix of anime, videogame, pop culture, electronica, and synthpop, Jpop, with a smattering of swing, 70's & 80's, dance, various soundtracks and whatever else I can fit into my cases. Feel free to message me for requests and I'll see if I can pack it or grab it before the con.

We'll be using good old fashioned CD's on a couple of pioneer CDJ-200s. Beatmatching when we can, slamming the fader when we can't.

We'll have more cowbell on Saturday. They'll have more glowsticks on Sunday. Come for the Cowbell stay for the TIMEWARP.

;D

Offline zeroraven

• Oni
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2009, 11:06:20 pm »
I WILL COME DRENCHED IN GLOW......

Offline jimnicricket

• Cabbit
    • webbwerx
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2009, 12:47:49 pm »
I think I just found out the rave dance is 18 up~ *cry* sorry guys if you are under 18 which I know 60 percent of you are hahah ~
I guess this means I can play naughty tracks >?

Offline AnimeMatrix

• Chibi
« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2009, 03:29:34 pm »
I think I just found out the rave dance is 18 up~ *cry* sorry guys if you are under 18 which I know 60 percent of you are hahah ~

The rave isn't 18+. Kumoricon has a minor curfew at midnight so the dance is all ages until then.

Offline ZombieFace

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2009, 03:51:11 pm »

I hope every enjoys it !

Hello. 

I am really pleased to hear that you will be there this year.  I remember you specifically at SakuraCon.  You were the primary reason the dance was fun WHEN it was fun.  :)

Thank you for the reassurance.  I shall tell my many friends who have been worried about this years dance as well.

On a side note, if I'm allowed up on stage to take pics this year, I will take some photos of you spinning if you'd like. here are some of my stuffz: www.jailbreakdesigns.com

woo woooooo

~JailBreak Photography~
www.jailbreakdesigns.com

Offline jimnicricket

• Cabbit
    • webbwerx
« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2009, 04:00:45 pm »
the rave dance on sunday starts at 12 so I hear~
« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 04:01:08 pm by jimnicricket »

Offline CMD Productions

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2009, 07:33:31 pm »

The rave isn't 18+. Kumoricon has a minor curfew at midnight so the dance is all ages until then.

Last I heard Sunday's Dance starts at Midnight...Thus 18+

Offline BangBangNeko

• Chibi
    • BangBangNeko Cosplay
« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2009, 08:40:57 pm »

Last I heard Sunday's Dance starts at Midnight...Thus 18+
god I hope not, if it is. That sucks so hard. I'm freaking one year away from 18, and the only dances that are fun are these ones. They should go back to when you could have a adult be there. XP

Offline jimnicricket

• Cabbit
    • webbwerx
« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2009, 08:50:09 pm »
sorry~! -_- I will come back next year if they let me play to all ages ~ ^_^

Offline jimnicricket

• Cabbit
    • webbwerx
« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2009, 08:50:46 pm »
and if they invite me haha

Offline Jamiche

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #36 on: September 02, 2009, 10:02:47 pm »
The dance Saturday night starts at 11pm, after the concert.  The dance Sunday night starts at midnight, after the Masquerade Ball.  Both run until 3am.

There is no extension of curfew, like last year... minors will need to leave con space at midnight.  Sorry, guys.. we only have so much time/space, and we fill it the best we can.
2015-2016 Director of Programming
2014 Assistant Director of Programming
2008-2013 Director of Programming
2007 Tech Manager & Video Room Coordinator, Manga Library & Cosplay Chess
2006 Video Room & Karaoke Manager
2005 Video Room Coordinator

Offline KogaRyu

• Catgirl
« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2009, 07:39:17 pm »
NO
« Last Edit: September 07, 2009, 07:40:07 pm by KogaRyu »
Team Koga

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
« Reply #38 on: September 07, 2009, 07:42:05 pm »

Offline ZombieFace

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #40 on: September 08, 2009, 12:07:24 am »
I enjoyed the dances this year. :)

DJ's were rad. i took pics of some.

~JailBreak Photography~
www.jailbreakdesigns.com

Offline CMD Productions

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #41 on: September 08, 2009, 10:01:50 am »
I enjoyed the dances this year. :)

DJ's were rad. i took pics of some.

I'd love to see them.

Offline Cyprus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2009, 07:31:03 am »
Does anyone have any pics from the Sunday night rave/dance? My G/F & I were the human limbo bar & were a little drunk from bar hoping with friends at the con & don't have any pics...tried to talk staff into letting us use one of the red ropes but we got shut down lol.

Offline Mr Silmero

• Catgirl
« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2009, 10:34:31 am »
Does anyone have any pics from the Sunday night rave/dance? My G/F & I were the human limbo bar & were a little drunk from bar hoping with friends at the con & don't have any pics...tried to talk staff into letting us use one of the red ropes but we got shut down lol.

I was there when that happened, I wondered what was going on.

Offline Cyprus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #44 on: September 09, 2009, 11:30:31 am »
We had so much fun with the limbo at Sakura-Con & didn't think to bring a bar with us to K-con. We couldn't talk the staff into letting us use the rope cuz' they were worried the evil Hilton staff would get them in trouble haha. Gonna bring one for 2010

Offline Miyako

• Cabbit
« Reply #45 on: September 09, 2009, 11:52:21 am »
The dance on Saturday night wasn't all that great. I didn't really care for the music, and neither did any of my friends. Sunday night's rave was amazing. That was the most fun I've had at a dance. One of my friends started the crowd-surfing with Jesus, which was hilarious.

Offline Dizzy_Kat

• Cabbit
« Reply #46 on: September 09, 2009, 01:09:51 pm »
I absolutely LOVED this years dance on Saturday night. It was the best one I have ever attended at Kumoricon. The atmosphere was great, the people were great and the music played was almost ALL stuff that I knew and loved and what I didn't know, I loved anyways! I was too tired to dance the Sunday dance unfortunately.
Marceline the Vampire Queen

Offline HardstyleZombie

• Catgirl
« Reply #47 on: September 09, 2009, 06:31:28 pm »
luts see dance on saturday was good then me and some friends pulled a all nighter and the i went on sunday and it was better

Offline ZombieFace

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #48 on: September 13, 2009, 09:37:22 am »
sorry~! -_- I will come back next year if they let me play to all ages ~ ^_^

put some pics of you up on my DA. http://jailbreakdesigns.deviantart.com/

~JailBreak Photography~
www.jailbreakdesigns.com