Author Topic: Cuddly Cosplay!! Entries wanted  (Read 3116 times)

Offline Runa

• Catgirl
Cuddly Cosplay!! Entries wanted
« on: August 28, 2009, 10:44:58 am »
Attention plushies and dolls!
Kon wants *YOU*

for "Cuddly Cosplay"

Do you have a plushie that's been begging for a chance to appear on stage? A teddy bear ready to emote as Ichigo from Bleach, or perhaps My Shinigami Pony? Or a beautiful BJD to show off? or you just made something in creation station? Give it the opportunity to strut! It's a cheesy cosplay presentation just for them!
     Make an outfit for the plushie. Provide documentation if you think it would help. We will have sound (a boombox) for CDs and a "followspot" flashlight. If you forget to bring music, you may sing or the audience may provide random sound effects at their whim.  
     There will not be tech rehearsal. If you have a group, contact director and we'll think of something. Stage size will be whatever table we can confiscate in the room we get.
Rules:
Entrants must be dressed and must not be living entities; no costume is no costume and the hotel does NOT allow animals (except service animals, but they can't enter because they're "working")
Presenter must be inconspicuous (in Japan puppeteers wear all black -- Ninja costume time!!)
Time limit - 45 seconds; no stage hogging!
Further rules TBA as they occur to us.

Cuddly Cosplay will be held on MONDAY at 2 PM in Panel 1

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
Re: Cuddly Cosplay!! Entries wanted
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2009, 04:12:26 pm »
Just a reminder, there will be 3 sessions each (2 beginning, 1 continuing) of Plushie (formerly called Dolly) Making Workshops and Fandom Bears (Teddy-Bear Felting/ Costume-Making for stuffed animals) at the Creation Station this con, as well as a new style of making chibi-style dolls, called Chibisplosion!
Anything you make in those rooms could potentially become part of the Cuddly Cosplay Plushie Kerade, so come on down, make something, support this cute event!
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline Runa

• Catgirl
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2009, 08:34:03 am »
Yey Creation Stations!
YES, we want to see the fruits of your labor in creation station at Cuddly Cosplay  ;D

Offline TurboSaiyanJason

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2009, 01:15:40 am »
Though it didn't get top pick, I'm still pleased at my Sakura-chan "Red the Ninja" doppelganger. I might have pics of her posted later. Anyone else want to show their cute companions off now that they've been made?
Cosplays for Kumoricon 2014
Day 1 Fix-it Felix Jr. (w/ gold sledge)
Day 2 Hitmonchan and Kenny
Day 3 SS Future Trunks (DBZ)
Day 4 Jason Silverheart Pirate OC
Sonic The Hedgehog Kigurumi

Offline xcthulhux

• Bunnygirl
    • MAI BLOG
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2009, 04:34:48 pm »
i might enter this.