Author Topic: Anime Shows you AVOID, Don't Like, or tried a bit of and BAILED  (Read 32077 times)

Offline PrinceZacky

• Cabbit
    • My DA
Re: Anime Shows you AVOID, Don't Like, or tried a bit of and BAILED
« Reply #100 on: July 28, 2009, 12:44:36 am »
Death Note. :/
It bored me and I couldn't get into it.

Serial Experiments Lain. I didn't really get the whole point of the show so I lost interest xD
K-Con '09
Sho Minamimoto - TWEWY

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #101 on: August 12, 2009, 10:40:41 am »
Lucky Star, couldn't make it past the conversation on nothing but FOOD
That was one of the early episodes, right?  They changed directors after a few episodes so it picks up the pace after about episode 4.  (No more 10 minutes long discussions on how to eat a pastry)

I thought of a few others.  I love the manga but I don't like the anime of Love Hina or Negima.  You know it's a bad sign when you have to force yourself to watch something.

Offline superstarmegami05

• Oni
« Reply #102 on: August 13, 2009, 12:18:42 am »
Ugh, my biggest ones are FLCL and Bobobobo (or whatever it's called). I've known some people that thought it was just the best thing ever. I tried more than once to give it a chance but I just never got into it.

I never got into Naruto but maybe that's because I like Bleach? I think my mind can only take one REALLY long anime at a time.
Although I really liked Tenjo Tenge, I think the last however many episodes that had NOTHING to do with the series nearly scared me away from it. =_= I understand the point why they were in it but really? Does it take THAT many episodes to explain it?

Offline sabata

• Chibi
« Reply #103 on: August 13, 2009, 02:11:57 am »
lucky star. i was waiting, and then BOOM. nothin happened.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #104 on: August 17, 2009, 03:28:33 pm »
Code Geass.  I saw the first episode, thought it had potential, then the ending.  It was so lame that I have no interest in giving it a real shot.  (I've seen bits & pieces of it on Adult Swim when I'd turn the TV on after a closing shift at work, but they'd be in mechas, and that doesn't work for me too much).
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline kayu1111

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #105 on: August 22, 2009, 05:16:29 pm »
I gave Elfen Lied a fair chance.

I tried so hard. I wanted to see what everyone was talking about.

Hated it so freaking much.
:: KumoriCon 2014 ::
Zenya (Sweet Pool)
Akira (Togainu no Chi)
Praxis (Starfighter)
Sabitsuki (.flow)
Kagura (Gintama)

Offline melchizedek

• Bunnygirl
    • Don't play with fire
« Reply #106 on: August 23, 2009, 09:17:37 am »
I liked elfin lied

I bailed on boogiepop phantom, it just made no sense to me and was so slow...
Yaoi crossplay... is actually Yuri.

Offline Blue Leader

• Chibi
    • Blue Banshees Productions
« Reply #107 on: August 24, 2009, 07:56:46 pm »
Okay, I can now add "Ah My Buddha" to the list of anime I've tried a bit of and bailed. Ugh, I just can not get into this series. It looked interesting, sounded interesting, so I picked it up... And now I'm really regretting it. ><
The story is so bland and boring, and so are the characters. And the whole thing about a monk-in-training that can only get "powered up" when he sees a naked lady sounded like it could be funny (I have to admit, I had flashed on Love Hina a bit)... but trust me, it really isn't in this series. Ugh.

I can also add to my list of anime I'm not fond of.. "Baccano". Another one that I can't get into. Made no sense to me at all, and just was rather strange. Granted I only watched it when the first episode was free On-Demand, but I'm really not willing to pay to see another episode to see if it gets any better. >>
« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 08:03:03 pm by Blue Leader »

This Year's Cosplay:
Jedi Knight, Heat Guy J(?)

Offline Man of the Public

• Catgirl
« Reply #108 on: August 24, 2009, 10:15:27 pm »
Okay, I can now add "Ah My Buddha" to the list of anime I've tried a bit of and bailed. Ugh, I just can not get into this series. It looked interesting, sounded interesting, so I picked it up... And now I'm really regretting it. ><
The story is so bland and boring, and so are the characters. And the whole thing about a monk-in-training that can only get "powered up" when he sees a naked lady sounded like it could be funny (I have to admit, I had flashed on Love Hina a bit)... but trust me, it really isn't in this series. Ugh.

I can also add to my list of anime I'm not fond of.. "Baccano". Another one that I can't get into. Made no sense to me at all, and just was rather strange. Granted I only watched it when the first episode was free On-Demand, but I'm really not willing to pay to see another episode to see if it gets any better. >>
Baccano takes abit to make sense since it jumps between 3 times but it does get better.

Offline CharlotteElbourne

• Chibi
    • Charlotte's Cosplay.com Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 25, 2009, 12:34:55 am »
Katekyo Hitman Reborn, Eyeshield 21, Bleach, Naruto, Gundam, and a few others I can't recall at the moment.

For KHR, it was very silly in the beginning, and I just couldn't get into it enough to really read it, but gawd Kid Lambo is so adorable! Only plus thing <3

Eyeshield 21... I don't like football, so it didn't get me much, but Hiruma was hilarious.

Bleach/Naruto: SO annoying D: The voice actors make me cry because a good 90% of anime dubbed SUCKS. *cough*Death Note*cough*

Gundam and most mecha animes: I don't like mecha animes... they just aren't interesting to me, especially cause most of it has to do with battles, fighting, and firing things at each other in the hopes of killing the other enemy... >>; The only mecha one I liked was Zoids.

I prefer well made animes, with amazing graphics and details, with voice actors that aren't used in every other anime out there, and that hold a good plot line, keep me suspenseful without boring me... D: Also, if it holds too many episodes, I usually just go BLAH and quit,

Although Sailor Moon was one I stuck with, as well as Inuyasha. :s

Offline MiriaRose

• Bunnygirl
    • The Kingdom of Heaven
« Reply #110 on: August 25, 2009, 03:41:44 pm »
Katekyo Hitman Reborn!. I tried reading it and absolutely hated it. Inuyasha was boring and I didn't like Kagome. Bleach and One Piece were boring, and Naruto just wasn't worth keeping up with anymore.
"Would you kindly. ."

Offline 7bijou7

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #111 on: August 25, 2009, 10:29:10 pm »
heres a couple of mine:
-Naruto(obvious)
-Death note(I just don't like it, I prefer fight in my anime)
-Clannad(I just could not finish it, watch it for like a week looking for some development, but got nothing,)
-
Planned Cosplays for Kumo 2015:
BB Hood - Darkstalkers
Umi Sonoda (Yume no Tobira ver.) - Love Live!
Bunny Maid TV Head - Original
Princess Bubblegum (Tart Dress) - Adventure Time

Offline Blue Leader

• Chibi
    • Blue Banshees Productions
« Reply #112 on: August 26, 2009, 10:04:30 am »

Baccano takes abit to make sense since it jumps between 3 times but it does get better.
Well, it's good to hear that it does get better.
If On-Demand ever has the rest of the episodes available for free I might give it another shot. But I'm not willing to pay for it on the chance I may or may not like it any better.  >>;;

This Year's Cosplay:
Jedi Knight, Heat Guy J(?)

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #113 on: August 26, 2009, 10:36:01 am »
Hey everyone, this is Animeman73. Well in terms of anime I didn't like Yu-Gi-Oh 5Ds has proven to be quite the disappointment for me. First off I don't get the whole turbo dueling thing because it breaks several major laws of gravity and how is one supposed to duel when they have to keep their eyes on the road at the same time? Secondly this is set so far in the future that the concept of it being part of the Yu-Gi-Oh universe becomes rather questionable. Personally I think they'd have done better to call it, Duel Monsters 5D's. I'm speaking from a viewer and writer's persepctive. Take no offense 5D's fans this is only my opinion. I've also got some other anime that I didn't like. I'll be talking about them at the panel I'm going to called, "Anime that Jumped the Shark" (Started off promising but then got real sucky). My e-mail buddy PaladinElric is going to be hosting it so if anyone out there has anime that they didn't like or felt jumped the shark COME ON DOWN!!!.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 07:47:26 pm by Animeman73 »
One cannot truly live life without having a sense of honor.

Offline Miyako

• Cabbit
« Reply #114 on: September 08, 2009, 01:20:48 am »
Love Hina, the anime. I loved the manga, but the anime horrified me. I hated the twisted plot, HORRIBLE voice acting both for Japanese and American. I tried two different times to watch Love Hina, but I was so disgusted I turned it off.

Escaflowne, the movie. It made me sick to my stomach. About ten minutes into the movie I turned it off.

Lain. For the same reasons as Escaflowne. Plus it was confusing.

I got bored with Inuyasha. It was the same thing every episode. The only thing that really keeps me coming back is the strange relationship Kagome and Inuyasha have.

Saiyuki Reload. I dunno. I hated the voice acting. It was different than the first series. I was never really able to get into it.

Anything DBZ related. HATE it! That anime or multiple animes were seriously created by people on pot or 'shrooms. Everything about it is horrible. I honestly can't tell why in the world people watch that stuff. The animation style is awful, the humor in it is lacking heavily, the action sucks, overall it sucks. It never should have been created. I actually wince every time I hear about it, read about it, see it, anything. It's the worst series ever created.

There's a few more, but I'm really tired at the moment. I'm sure they'll come back to me later.