Author Topic: AMV Editors Meet-up: Friday, 4-Sep  (Read 6036 times)

Offline Prinz Eugen

• Bunnygirl
AMV Editors Meet-up: Friday, 4-Sep
« on: August 27, 2009, 01:30:38 pm »
Yeah, it's the night before the con 'officially' opens.

Let's begin at 8pm. The only venue in the Hilton hotel is the "Bistro 921."
They are open til 10pm, but we can hang out a little after as long as people have ordered some food.
Speaking of that, unfortunately this is 'restaurant' food rather than bar-munchies; the appetizers are a little expensive but there are a couple of items like calimari that are finger-food and easy to share.
But they also have pizza on the menu, so people could split that.

There are two locations with access to a 115V plug so I may have one of the computers up and we can hack around with some AMVs.
I will also have a reserve of VIP / Guest tickets with me to hand out to editors & friends.

Anyways, I am looking forward to meeting any of you who can make it!

« Last Edit: August 28, 2009, 08:12:24 am by Prinz Eugen »

Offline thundercatlord

• Sailor Scout
Re: AMV Editors Meet-up: Friday, 4-Sep
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2009, 12:51:32 am »
I'll be there. Along with the rest of my studio (somanyturtles).

But...really.. 8:45pm? I was hoping for a bit earlier. Looks like I'll be bored waiting until the meet up, LOL!
« Last Edit: August 28, 2009, 12:55:16 am by thundercatlord »

Offline Prinz Eugen

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2009, 08:19:17 am »
Quote from: thundercatlord
I'll be there. Along with the rest of my studio (somanyturtles)
Please No Rumbles if the Shining Finger people also visit ... we don't want to be mistaken for a meet up of Obama's SEIU union thugs ...

But...really.. 8:45pm? I was hoping for a bit earlier. Looks like I'll be bored waiting until the meet up, LOL!
OK, I edited to start at 8pm. Also, nobody has to wait for me & my sweetie - anyone can start the gathering. Just inform the maitre d' (or maitresse d' ) and go for the back alcove or the one other table near the outlet. (They should know which one.)

If you don't get the back room then get a table as close to the other plug as possible. (it's built into a pillar near the wall of windows, but the back alcove would be better though.) If it's occupied, grab one nearby and then 'colonize' that table as soon as it clears up.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2009, 03:49:02 pm by Prinz Eugen »

Offline Mitsukai Mizu Amaya

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2009, 09:36:17 pm »
I may stop in for just a moment, depending on if I can get a ride home that night. I've got a room at the hotel Saturday and Sunday, but not Friday.
KumoriCon 2012

Offline thundercatlord

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2009, 12:49:29 am »
I'll be there. Along with the rest of my studio (somanyturtles)
Please No Rumbles if the Shining Finger people also visit ... we don't want to be mistaken for a meet up of Obama's SEIU union thugs ...

LOLZ. Rumble...Naw, no serious rivalries there. All that stuff in the Iron Chef thread was all in good fun. Rollthestampede and I have been meaning to meet up anyway.

hehe...rumble...

Offline rollthestampede

• Cabbit
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2009, 09:12:25 pm »
hehe yeah its all in good fun, I didnt even know TCL had a studio. IF i manage to make it it would only be a hand full of us seeing as how most of the studio is back in Texas.

TCL there is a meetup set up for the weekend after the con ill get you info at the con most likely.

Rumble, all i can think of is westside story with dancing and knife fights LOL.

Offline somanyturtles

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2009, 01:35:41 am »
What, no fight?! Screw that I'm out! J/K

Like TCL said, we'll be there and our rivaly with Shining Finger is all in good fun... especially due to the fact that I'm a totaly noob and everyone is probally gonna whipe the floor with me in the Iron Chef contest.

Offline Mitsukai Mizu Amaya

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2009, 01:49:20 am »
I don't think I'll be able to go to this this year unless I figure out a ride or somehow get my mom to give me one.
KumoriCon 2012

Offline rollthestampede

• Cabbit
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2009, 05:29:45 pm »
Ok its official, we got hotel rooms and im well enough to go. Though i have lost so much weight my Shining Finger Jersey is more like a Shining Finger cape.

I could have gotten more people if you guys and PAX were not the same weekend.
MEH I know where my allegiance lies.

Offline somanyturtles

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2009, 11:57:29 pm »
You should wear it as a cape! You can be Shining Finger Man!

Offline murder_of_raven

• Chibi
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2009, 01:37:01 am »
I'm interested... but I'll either need to talk my girlfriend into tagging along or work up the nerve to sneak off to a restaurant with a bunch of adults I haven't ever met!  :D (I am 18, this isn't coming from a 13-year-old or something.)

I don't mean to sound cheap but... if we were to show up and not buy anything would the restaurant people glare at us like freeloaders or something? Would a soda suffice?

And yeah, I'd totally love to meet rollthestampede in person (you were the first AMV creator I actually followed and a huge part of the reason I actually started making them. I love your work!) and TCL seemed really cool when I saw him at the panel at Sakuracon!

Offline rollthestampede

• Cabbit
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2009, 05:59:36 pm »
well im all settled in at the hotel how about everyone else

Offline murder_of_raven

• Chibi
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2009, 07:04:30 pm »
Not sure that anybody cares especially but I'm on my way and my girlfriend is coming along  :).

However I'll only be there for about an hour (she needs to finish her cosplay).

Offline rollthestampede

• Cabbit
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2009, 07:25:09 pm »
cool, ill be sport Jimmy Hendrix

Offline rollthestampede

• Cabbit
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2009, 07:41:21 pm »
I doubt it will matter by the time you guys read this but i know som of us were having problems with the wav filee

Guy told me to try this program(freeware) Audacity http://audacity.sourceforge.net/download/windows

it seems to open and the reconvert to wav a usable file

Offline Prinz Eugen

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2009, 09:20:21 pm »
There are a number of cluster-foxtrots and fire-fights in progress, and I apologize for any inconveniece. We will all just resolve to make it a good time and move forward. Iron chef editors, please feel free to drop by my room (ask Security) and I will do what I can to replace your media if necessary, or get you a copy of Audacity.

I have used that and Cool Edit (which later became Sony Sound Something-or-Other)
for so long I wasn't aware that a funky codec was used.

:-(

My ripping program in Linux is Sound Juicer, if that's any help.

Offline murder_of_raven

• Chibi
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2009, 06:03:08 pm »
This was one of my favorite events this year, it was so awesome to meet everybody! Hopefully we'll all see each other again next year! =3