Author Topic: Randomly ranting....  (Read 5519 times)

Offline hikaru_maxwell

• Catgirl
Randomly ranting....
« on: May 24, 2005, 06:10:46 pm »
Okay, you know....that your family is otaku...when you have a discussion about love with your sister immediately following a discussion about what she should cosplay as at next kumoricon, and you realize that -though she may bear a rather striking (and frightening) resemblance to Leonardo Dicaprio- she has the personality of Squall Leonhart...and when you mention this to her....she agrees.

And then....she asks you to find her a Rinoa....

:cry: *cries tears of horror and fear while slamming head against keyboard* Time to go Rin hunting.

Edit: And then...out of the blue, she comes out, and says, "I feel like playing final fantasy 8 tonight."  

:? She scares me sometimes.....

~*~Member of Cannot Unsee~*~

Offline shadowfox

• Catgirl
    • http://www.myspace.com/airotciv87
O.O
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2005, 04:38:18 pm »
O.O that is ranting ^_^; although, that is weird.  did you find Rinoa?? is this true? lol
i am asthenophobic, Cleithrophobic, dinophobic, and geroscophobic.

but i am NOT Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobic

Offline hikaru_maxwell

• Catgirl
Re: O.O
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2005, 05:08:44 pm »
Quote from: "shadowfox"
O.O that is ranting ^_^; although, that is weird.  did you find Rinoa?? is this true? lol

actually, that was a rather minor rant.  I could go into longer ones that sound much more like ranting...but I don't feel like it.

And yes, it's true.  And she didn't say "find rinoa" she said "find me A rinoa."  Grr.  Rinoa is soooo not my type, so looking for someone just like her for my sister....ow...gives me a headache.

Why can't she find her own girlfriends!?!  :cry:

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2005, 11:45:00 pm »
Quote from: "hikaru_maxwell"

cause she has you it looks like.
"Hm, the Moe is strong with this one..."
Kylite-"You and your TV Tropes!"<Refering to This Troper's ruined voc

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
Randomly ranting....
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2005, 08:24:15 am »
omg that is soo funny that cheered me up after reading that junes party is cancled, your right tho she does look a little like Leo...  okay otaku in family, you buy you little bro some candy suckers that look like link they get ruined (like 4 years ago) and you prmise to buy him more then you find them and even tho your saving $$, you buy them cuz otaku keep our promises
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline hikaru_maxwell

• Catgirl
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2005, 09:13:21 am »
Quote from: "Kurimono"

Yeah....I'm too nice to her.  She's just so damn introverted!  She'll just mope in her room and be all like...quiet and depressed and wont' tell you what's wrong, and then, when you finally drag it out of her, she says she's upset because she doesn't have a girlfriend!  

But she's too introverted to go find her own!  God!  What is wrong with these people?! >.< <--*means people like the sister......

I am NOT a matchmaking service!  Okay....so maybe I am when it comes to my sister....*is ashamed*

Offline the_wind_the_sea

• Catgirl
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2005, 07:36:46 pm »

Yeah....I'm too nice to her.  She's just so damn introverted!  She'll just mope in her room and be all like...quiet and depressed and wont' tell you what's wrong, and then, when you finally drag it out of her, she says she's upset because she doesn't have a girlfriend!  

But she's too introverted to go find her own!  God!  What is wrong with these people?! >.< <--*means people like the sister......

I am NOT a matchmaking service!  Okay....so maybe I am when it comes to my sister....*is ashamed*

Max, your sister is NOTHING compared to mine!

Sixteen Year Kumoricon Veteran
Kumoricon'19 Plans-
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
Randomly ranting....
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2005, 11:01:10 pm »
well introverted people dun exactly find enjoyment going out and meeting with people.  I know I can be pretty introverted myself at times(...make that lot of times) so in some ways I act similar to your sister(staying in room, keeping problems to oneself).  However, there are times when I am pretty extroverted as well(online and whenever I actually meet people irl for once).

I dun see anything to be ashamed in helping your sister.  There are times where I'm too nice with my friends as well.  introverted people tend to be rather passive and not out there making action

Offline rosaryblue

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2005, 11:58:05 pm »
Quote from: "the_wind_the_sea"

Max, your sister is NOTHING compared to mine!

I've heard stories about this.

Offline hikaru_maxwell

• Catgirl
Randomly ranting....
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2005, 08:56:56 am »
*twitch* FEAR...

Oh, thanks for the pep talk, Kurimono.  Hey, maybe you can help me find a Rin for her.... :twisted:

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
Randomly ranting....
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2005, 01:48:57 pm »
Oh, thanks for the pep talk, Kurimono.  Hey, maybe you can help me find a Rin for her.... :twisted:

welcome, hope it was helpful to you.  ehh...what you have in mind in finding a rin exactly? ^_^*

Offline shadowfox

• Catgirl
^^
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2005, 10:14:24 am »
randomly ranting...........i just had a little reunion with an old friend that i thought i lost contact of.  I MISSED HIM SOOOOO MUCH!!! ^o^ just made my day, i'm just in a good mood now ^_^

oh yeah, have fun finding rin ^.~  Kurimonos' right O.O how will you find rin?? ^_^;

Offline khayman

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.teamarc.org
Randomly ranting....
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2005, 10:36:11 am »
well introverted people dun exactly find enjoyment going out and meeting with people.  

As a highly introverted person I disagree. I think it depends on why you're introverted. I'm shy, which doesn't help, but it's also largely due to the fact that I don't have the drive to actively go out of my way to meet/interact with people. It's not that I don't enjoy it when I do, but that I'm perfectly content on my own (I'd make a great hermit lol).

What you wrote reminds me of the PSY theory that introverted people are so highly stimulated internally that seeking out external stimulus is almost painful. They are already stimulated and try to avoid further stimulus. Whereas with extroverted people it is just the opposite.

Personally I thought that theory was a lot of crap, but that is why I liked PSY lol. Lots of weird and funky theories about how the human mind works.
=SynthesiS= KHaYMaN
~Jeff

Offline shadowfox

• Catgirl
Randomly ranting....
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2005, 10:51:00 am »

Personally I thought that theory was a lot of crap, but that is why I liked PSY lol. Lots of weird and funky theories about how the human mind works.

there is a lot of those personality tests, i take them even though i dont believe in them ^///^ they really are fun to take though *sigh* so many theories to the works of the human mind  T_T i forgot if i was introverted or extroverted, i'll let you decide ^.~

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
Randomly ranting....
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2005, 04:30:51 pm »
@khayman
I must of misword what I was saying or was thinking of some other case.  what you mentioned is what I was trying to get across(no drive to get out).

Offline hikaru_maxwell

• Catgirl
Randomly ranting....
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2005, 08:49:52 am »

welcome, hope it was helpful to you.  ehh...what you have in mind in finding a rin exactly? ^_^*

Someone with rinoa's personality type (not necessarily looks), and hopefully at least bisexual, considering this is my sister we're talking about.  But, yeah.  

:roll:

Anonymous

Randomly ranting....
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2005, 06:28:20 pm »

Someone with rinoa's personality type (not necessarily looks), and hopefully at least bisexual, considering this is my sister we're talking about.  But, yeah.  

:roll:

personality type?  can't say I recall that exactly...its been a long time since I played FF8.  I know of a couple bisexuals on the internet but they're like...in the SE part of the country.

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
Randomly ranting....
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2005, 06:28:54 pm »
^^ is me...forgot to log on.

Offline Keyta-Kun

• Catgirl
blah blah blah
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2005, 05:25:55 pm »
how odd...but is she just experimenting or for real real?  I've got a few friends.  Though most of them are just experimenting, just so you know.  So it might not be permanent.
Do you know who I think I am?

Offline hikaru_maxwell

• Catgirl
Randomly ranting....
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2005, 10:03:00 am »
My sis is the real deal.  Not experimenting...but we (me and my friend crystal) had this idea....that if we could get a rin for her, we'll have the rin dress as rinoa for kumoricon, and I'll get my sis to dress as squall....(then we can make them go on a date...*insert evil laughter*)

Offline Keyta-Kun

• Catgirl
^^
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2005, 01:03:42 pm »
My sis is the real deal.  Not experimenting...but we (me and my friend crystal) had this idea....that if we could get a rin for her, we'll have the rin dress as rinoa for kumoricon, and I'll get my sis to dress as squall....(then we can make them go on a date...*insert evil laughter*)

Oh sho cute!! ^^  I'll ask around then.  Will you also make 'em do the ballroom dancing as well?  :D
Do you know who I think I am?