Author Topic: COSPLAY CHURCH :) :):!!!  (Read 16153 times)

Offline Roxas24

• Sailor Scout
COSPLAY CHURCH :) :):!!!
« on: August 23, 2009, 12:26:14 pm »
K-con Cosplay Church 2009

Sunday 8:30am the pavilion room (Live events)

Super excited guys, please come!!  Im going to bring some breakfast snacks ( suggestions welcomed) and it'll be a great time for fellowship and fun and worship..and of course cosplaying :) Idea's and help Are appreciated :)

Who's gonna be there:
Roxas24
EveofAbyss
Higuma plus his kids :)
DemonSpawn
Kahlan4  
tinkerbell16
Kagome219 (maybe)

« Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 03:15:10 pm by Roxas24 »
I got it memorized.

Kumoricon 2010 cosplays:
Moogle
Sheena TOS

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
Re: Cosplay Church?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2009, 07:15:58 pm »
I was just thinking about this today! Crazy small world, lol. I also miss Cosplay Church. I remember it from 2006, and haven't heard it going on since. If you do do it, though, I would definitely attend. I know quite a few people actually who would love to come if it was held. Good luck finding people or getting it organized, whatever you have to do. If you need any help, just let me know. I'd be glad to do something if I can.  ;D

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Roxas24

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2009, 09:45:52 pm »
I was just thinking about this today! Crazy small world, lol. I also miss Cosplay Church. I remember it from 2006, and haven't heard it going on since. If you do do it, though, I would definitely attend. I know quite a few people actually who would love to come if it was held. Good luck finding people or getting it organized, whatever you have to do. If you need any help, just let me know. I'd be glad to do something if I can.  ;D

I called around and it seems that there is not cosplay church set up yet, so im thinking about doing it on sunday  probably wouldnt be long and i figured we can just do some worship songs and fellowship and .... maybe cure disease with are keyblades....through the power of god? rofl j/k and a 5-10minute bible stufy thingy...and i'll probably get snacks. it be nice to have help though get the word out and jsut set it up. I'd say we could do it in my room so i dont have to mess with the whole bothering jaki and stuff thing ...but then i was thinking maybe we could find a spot outside and do it there....how about riverfront park..or the pioneer square...we could probably do it in the library..err maybe...if it wasnt to late. Sarah's going to forward me the sunday schedule so i can picka  good time so people cna still go to stuff.

Yay its kinda offical cosplay church soemtime sunday morning...place and time undecided :)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 11:12:11 am by Roxas24 »
I got it memorized.

Kumoricon 2010 cosplays:
Moogle
Sheena TOS

Offline Jamiche

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2009, 09:49:07 pm »
Email me.  If you do it early, like 8-8:30ish, I think I can swing you some space :)
2015-2016 Director of Programming
2014 Assistant Director of Programming
2008-2013 Director of Programming
2007 Tech Manager & Video Room Coordinator, Manga Library & Cosplay Chess
2006 Video Room & Karaoke Manager
2005 Video Room Coordinator

Offline Roxas24

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2009, 09:49:57 pm »
Email me.  If you do it early, like 8-8:30ish, I think I can swing you some space :)

I was thinking about that time, i'll email you when i know for sure
« Last Edit: August 23, 2009, 09:52:25 pm by Roxas24 »
I got it memorized.

Kumoricon 2010 cosplays:
Moogle
Sheena TOS

Offline Roxas24

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2009, 09:58:05 pm »
I was just thinking about this today! Crazy small world, lol. I also miss Cosplay Church. I remember it from 2006, and haven't heard it going on since. If you do do it, though, I would definitely attend. I know quite a few people actually who would love to come if it was held. Good luck finding people or getting it organized, whatever you have to do. If you need any help, just let me know. I'd be glad to do something if I can.  ;D

Soooo I lost my guitar player for the worship....so we need one :) I can bring a guitar (acoustic) if someone can play it lol *the search begins*
I got it memorized.

Kumoricon 2010 cosplays:
Moogle
Sheena TOS

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2009, 10:28:20 pm »
Ooh, good luck. I only play bass.  :-\

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Roxas24

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2009, 10:36:20 pm »
ah man that sucks.....anyways if you wanna help me you can start informing people it will probably be at 830 on sunday. but i havnt checked the schedules yet. Dont have a place decided either but..I will bring cookies....err well soemthing breakfasty lol
I got it memorized.

Kumoricon 2010 cosplays:
Moogle
Sheena TOS

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2009, 10:52:18 pm »
Yeah, for sure. We can at least just use this thread, maybe just update the first post with the information in bold or something. That seems to work with other planned gatherings.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Roxas24

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2009, 10:58:32 pm »
ROFL  okay i will do that :)
I got it memorized.

Kumoricon 2010 cosplays:
Moogle
Sheena TOS

Offline Roxas24

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2009, 11:02:55 pm »
Yeah, for sure. We can at least just use this thread, maybe just update the first post with the information in bold or something. That seems to work with other planned gatherings.

Oh Oh i know i'll rename it FREE COOKIE'S lol
I got it memorized.

Kumoricon 2010 cosplays:
Moogle
Sheena TOS

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
Re: COSPLAY CHURCH :) :):!!!
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2009, 11:03:20 pm »
haha, I just meant add the basic details in a clear way, like "Time, Place" and put that in bold. Not the whole post, heh. Sorry about the confusion. I know you don't have the place sorted yet, but you can just post something like "8:30am, place yet to be determined". Just something simple to let people know the basics of the event.  ;D

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Roxas24

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2009, 11:06:43 pm »
haha, I just meant add the basic details in a clear way, like "Time, Place" and put that in bold. Not the whole post, heh. Sorry about the confusion. I know you don't have the place sorted yet, but you can just post something like "8:30am, place yet to be determined". Just something simple to let people know the basics of the event.  ;D

rofl im so tired... worked a 12hour shift today..obvisouly  last think i want is people to think the chick running this is dumb :P
I got it memorized.

Kumoricon 2010 cosplays:
Moogle
Sheena TOS

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2009, 11:07:21 pm »
Oh, nobody will think that, heh. We're all used to running on little sleep and artificial energy, lol

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Roxas24

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2009, 11:12:27 pm »
if anything they should come for the free food :P but im cool with that as long as they dont just run for the food and run out as fast as they can..it be nice if they stayed and hung a little....:)
I got it memorized.

Kumoricon 2010 cosplays:
Moogle
Sheena TOS

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2009, 11:14:23 pm »
Yeah, in my experience most of the people who come are actually very open and want to hear the message.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Roxas24

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2009, 11:21:56 pm »
thats good to hear....makes me breathe easier lol I better start praying and working on the message only two more weeks :) and I still need a guitar player.....my sister suggested Iworship if you dont knwo what that is, its on teh computer..basically worship sing along for adults lol  and it has most of the time someone singing the song and music to go with it...but im parital to good old guitar playing type of worship :) And im not sure how youth would responed to Iworship ??? I dont mind it its fine....but im not everyone else and i do like i said prefer acoustic :D
I got it memorized.

Kumoricon 2010 cosplays:
Moogle
Sheena TOS

Offline engagedtone

• Oni
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2009, 11:44:55 pm »
If my home church weren't doing our once a year TAKE OVER THE OLD CHURCH thing on that Sunday, I'd be in. We're the St John's that used to be the owners of the Oaks Pioneer Church by Oaks Park, and Labor Day Sunday is the big picnic/service there. http://www.stjohnsmilwaukie.org/index.htm (Also, we're THREE BLOCKS away from Dark Horse, how awesome is that?)

Offline Roxas24

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2009, 11:47:17 pm »
If my home church weren't doing our once a year TAKE OVER THE OLD CHURCH thing on that Sunday, I'd be in. We're the St John's that used to be the owners of the Oaks Pioneer Church by Oaks Park, and Labor Day Sunday is the big picnic/service there. http://www.stjohnsmilwaukie.org/index.htm (Also, we're THREE BLOCKS away from Dark Horse, how awesome is that?)

awwww sorry you cant come but thanks for the thought, And Have a great time with your church and the picnic :)
Theres always next year

I got it memorized.

Kumoricon 2010 cosplays:
Moogle
Sheena TOS

Offline Higuma

• Catgirl
    • My anime list
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2009, 11:31:23 am »
My kids and I will try to make it. Just depends if I am at the convention that early.

Offline Roxas24

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2009, 11:36:19 am »
 So im thinking.. ???.i'll bring orange juice and crossants however thats spelt...muffins? it help alot if people told me what they liked :)
I got it memorized.

Kumoricon 2010 cosplays:
Moogle
Sheena TOS

Offline DemonSpawn

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2009, 11:42:20 am »
I have an acoustic too if someone wanted to play it. It's probably not tuned but I have an electric tuner (I have no idea how accurate this is). It was a birthday present and I have no idea how to play it, heh.
I miss 2010.

Offline Kahlan4

• Catgirl
    • myspace
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2009, 11:43:16 am »
i'm so excited for cosplay church!! if we get an estimate on how many people might be there, i could maybe make some muffins and bring them ^.^ i'll have to stow them away in a safe place in our room until sunday so no one eats them >.O

let's all meet at icicle inn!

Offline Roxas24

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2009, 11:48:22 am »
i'm so excited for cosplay church!! if we get an estimate on how many people might be there, i could maybe make some muffins and bring them ^.^ i'll have to stow them away in a safe place in our room until sunday so no one eats them >.O

that be awsome ! Id really appreciate that, ill know moe about how many is coming once this topic is on longer but i'll start a tally :) so far....6? but im sure more will com
I got it memorized.

Kumoricon 2010 cosplays:
Moogle
Sheena TOS

Offline Roxas24

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2009, 03:15:44 pm »
I just bought some bibles :) so if people need one they cna have them :):):)
I got it memorized.

Kumoricon 2010 cosplays:
Moogle
Sheena TOS

Offline Kahlan4

• Catgirl
    • myspace
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2009, 04:53:04 pm »

that be awsome ! Id really appreciate that, ill know moe about how many is coming once this topic is on longer but i'll start a tally :) so far....6? but im sure more will com

i'm sure it'd be safe if i make two dozen or so ^.^ i made some lemon blueberry ones the other day that were really yummy, and banana is always good too, but let me know what kind would be best!

let's all meet at icicle inn!

Offline leonmasteries

• Catgirl
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2009, 05:12:42 pm »
I hear cosplay church, and this comes to mind:

http://www.vgcats.com/comics/images/060625.jpg

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2009, 06:28:42 pm »
That's a really great comic, lol.

But I promise, this would have absolutely nothing to do with dying or Hojo.  ;D

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline leonmasteries

• Catgirl
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2009, 06:30:35 pm »
aw, so who will be leading this mass?

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2009, 06:33:09 pm »
I doubt it will be anything like a mass, just a low-key gathering of worship and Christian fellowship. And as far as leading, I imagine it may be Roxas24, but it is still up in the air.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Roxas24

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2009, 08:10:01 pm »

i'm sure it'd be safe if i make two dozen or so ^.^ i made some lemon blueberry ones the other day that were really yummy, and banana is always good too, but let me know what kind would be best!

Two dozens sounds like a good number and  i think whatever flavor you decided is fine those two sounds yummy blueberry is popular to.
I got it memorized.

Kumoricon 2010 cosplays:
Moogle
Sheena TOS

Offline Roxas24

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2009, 08:11:46 pm »
I doubt it will be anything like a mass, just a low-key gathering of worship and Christian fellowship. And as far as leading, I imagine it may be Roxas24, but it is still up in the air.

I am not in the air?? im actually standing on the grown....I suppose i could try to be in the air though.
lol

I am leading it though. Just a FYI :):) And whoever wishes to join in and help can jsut contact me.
I got it memorized.

Kumoricon 2010 cosplays:
Moogle
Sheena TOS

Offline Roxas24

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2009, 08:12:41 pm »
What is up in the air though
Is the place....and a guitar player  ??? :-\
I got it memorized.

Kumoricon 2010 cosplays:
Moogle
Sheena TOS

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2009, 08:15:54 pm »
Ah, okay, well, sorry to put you up in the air, lol.

Yes, I'll be praying that God brings the right people to this, that everyone can come together and just enjoy otaku fellowship and church!

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Roxas24

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2009, 08:19:22 pm »
Amen to that, I hope that god does some good things through this. Seems like he put it on myheart so he must have something planned :)  :)
« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 08:19:48 pm by Roxas24 »
I got it memorized.

Kumoricon 2010 cosplays:
Moogle
Sheena TOS

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2009, 08:21:13 pm »
Yeah, totally. I can just see this being a really great way for God to reach the con-goers (as it has been in the past) through us and through the event.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Roxas24

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2009, 09:11:10 pm »
;D
Yeah, totally. I can just see this being a really great way for God to reach the con-goers (as it has been in the past) through us and through the event.

mhm mhm he is awsome like that
« Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 12:58:17 pm by Roxas24 »
I got it memorized.

Kumoricon 2010 cosplays:
Moogle
Sheena TOS

Offline Roxas24

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2009, 11:32:11 am »
Darn I almost convinced my sister to play the guitar for us but she is to shy lol
I got it memorized.

Kumoricon 2010 cosplays:
Moogle
Sheena TOS

Offline Roxas24

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2009, 12:30:10 pm »
8:30 is offical for about an hour just need to pick a room.

a room in the Executive Tower away from the crowd, or a room next to registration where we might get some walk-in traffic
I got it memorized.

Kumoricon 2010 cosplays:
Moogle
Sheena TOS

Offline Kagome219

• Bunnygirl
    • Bloggin' lolol~
« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2009, 10:56:05 pm »
I might be interested in coming. I've been away too long from my own and I just have been feeling the need to go back. x.x  (Can't go this weekend because I'll be gone.) This would be a good way to get me inspired to go back. :3  Put me down as a "maybe" right now, but I am definitely interested. ^^
K-con '11 Cosplays:
NO, Thank You!!Mio (K-ON!!) - 100%
Haruhi Suzumiya (TMoHS) - 100%
Sollux (Homestuck) - 100%
Crystal (Pokemon Crystal Version) - 100%
Don't say "lazy"!Mio (K-ON!) - 100%
Alice (Pandora Hearts) - 100%
Haruhi Fujioka (OHSHC) - 100%

Offline Roxas24

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2009, 10:52:22 am »

Super excited guys, please come!!  Im going to bring some breakfast snacks ( suggestions welcomed) and it'll be a great time for fellowship and fun and worship..and of course cosplaying  Idea's and help Are appreciated

Who's gonna be there:
Roxas24
EveofAbyss
Higuma plus his kids
DemonSpawn
Kahlan4 
tinkerbell16
Kagome219 (maybe)

« Last Edit: August 27, 2009, 11:56:56 am by Roxas24 »
I got it memorized.

Kumoricon 2010 cosplays:
Moogle
Sheena TOS

Offline Roxas24

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #41 on: August 27, 2009, 09:46:43 pm »
Well so far 7 are going.....lol i guess i wont have to bring much food wish more would come..but im not giving up
I got it memorized.

Kumoricon 2010 cosplays:
Moogle
Sheena TOS

Offline kjayers

• Chibi
« Reply #42 on: August 27, 2009, 10:12:02 pm »
Awesome!  If I'm up, I'm in.
2015 Secretary & MSO Manager
2014 Secretary & MSO Manager
2010 Secretary
2009 Secretary
2008 Assistant Secretary & Parliamentarian

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #43 on: August 27, 2009, 10:29:58 pm »
Sounds awesome! I'm sure many more people will show up (as only a fraction of the con is present on the forums). If there's anything you feel a need for, I'd still be glad to help if possible. ^_^

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Prinz Eugen

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #44 on: August 28, 2009, 08:28:34 am »
This sounds like a WONDERFUL event! How long does it event go?

Offline Roxas24

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #45 on: August 28, 2009, 06:10:23 pm »
its going to be the second day of kumoricon on sunday at 830am in the pavilion room for an hour :)
I got it memorized.

Kumoricon 2010 cosplays:
Moogle
Sheena TOS

Offline Kurohime

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #46 on: August 28, 2009, 06:32:45 pm »
This sounds like fun.  I'll try hard to be there (not a morning person), and I'll be bringing between one and three people with me, depending on if our plans change. 

Offline Roxas24

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #47 on: August 28, 2009, 07:39:13 pm »

Super excited guys, please come!!  Im going to bring some breakfast snacks ( suggestions welcomed) and it'll be a great time for fellowship and fun and worship..and of course cosplaying  Idea's and help Are appreciated

Who's gonna be there:
Roxas24
EveofAbyss
Higuma plus his kids
DemonSpawn
Kahlan4 
tinkerbell16
Kagome219 (maybe)
Kurohime plus friends :)
I got it memorized.

Kumoricon 2010 cosplays:
Moogle
Sheena TOS

Offline Jamiche

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #48 on: August 28, 2009, 08:52:35 pm »
Sorry to be a killjoy on your gathering, but officially you cannot provide food in the panel..  it would have to be catered by the hotel.

(I can't stop you if you bring your own food, and have a little extra to share... but I don't wanna know about it ;))
2015-2016 Director of Programming
2014 Assistant Director of Programming
2008-2013 Director of Programming
2007 Tech Manager & Video Room Coordinator, Manga Library & Cosplay Chess
2006 Video Room & Karaoke Manager
2005 Video Room Coordinator

Offline Roxas24

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #49 on: August 28, 2009, 09:55:28 pm »
lol that is alrighty if we do it'll be on the down low :P
I got it memorized.