Author Topic: Chaperoning, please help me  (Read 1837 times)

Offline Krisa

• Oni
Chaperoning, please help me
« on: August 19, 2009, 03:33:18 pm »
My mom wants me to have a chaperone all three days but she doesnt want to go all three days of course because she's not in to anime and/or manga so I have one seperate chaperone for each day, and this took weeks to figure out and set up and then another week for my whole party to even understand what the heck was going on.
  Now my mom is kind of upset about the price so she was wondering if we could just buy one pass for all three of my chaperones so like on saturday one of my chaperones use the pass and on sunday another and on monday another.
 >:( grrr I wished my party and i could just go without a chaperone!

Offline Rathany

• Bunnygirl
Re: Chaperoning, please help me
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2009, 05:42:40 pm »
This is not the place to ask for help.  You need to email registration.

However, it is a condition of our insurance that real names be on badges.  So, we cannot make a generic 'chaperone' badge. 

At this point in the year, I don't know if there is anything we can do to help you.  We have little time left before con and registration has hundreds of badges to print.  We are all volunteers running this, many of who have day jobs or other commitments.  Special cases like this really need to be addressed much, much earlier in the year.

We do what we can, when we can.  But, at this point, we are all working as hard and as fast as we can to put on this event. 
2003 - 2006 Kumoricon Attendee
2007 - Assistant Registration Manager - PreReg Side
2008 - Vice Chair
2009/2010 - Director of Relations
2011 - Return to Vice
2012 - herp derp

Offline Darknight2433

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2009, 05:45:42 pm »
There are a lot of things a parent might enjoy, like last year there was Swing Dancing and a Go panel and my mom was very interested in that. (although she didn't go) Maybe wait until the schedule gets out and flex what you're going to so you can fit you and your mom's interests?

Otherwise, do you not know anyone over 18 (or 21, I forgot the needed age) that already is going to the con? To have friends or someone you can trust who can watch over you would be great, and free.

Offline JeffT

• Administrator
    • Facebook
    • Google+
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2009, 06:27:13 pm »
I can sympathize with your situation, but creating a special type of chaperone badge would be a lot of logistical work for us which would distract from other con preparation. I have encountered the same situation with amusement parks and the like; a parent or grandparent who doesn't intend on riding any attractions, but needs to accompany a child, still needs to pay the regular admission price. Unfortunately it's the same type of logistics obstacle for them as for us. The request to email instead of posting here is simply because not all of the staff browse the forums nearly as frequently as they check their email so emailing registration is the best way to get an official answer.
2023: Website Development Coordinator
2020-2022: Assistant Secretary, Website Development Coordinator
2011 - 2013, 2016-2019: Secretary
2007 - 2019: Website Manager
2015: Assistant Secretary
2014: Chair
2007 - 2009: Director of Publicity
2006: Copy Editor

Offline Krisa

• Oni
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2009, 08:03:37 am »
well i did do and email I just wanted to get it up on the forums as well. The thing is we're all of age to go alone but my mom wants us to have a chaperone anyway which is wierd because she's not that protective usually it's just weird for my mom that's what makes me so frusterated we don't need a chaperone but according to my mom we do because she said so.

Offline Jacob_Blackfeather

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2009, 08:16:13 am »
My mom would be willing.

Offline Krisa

• Oni
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2009, 05:26:18 pm »
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAY My mom just didn't understand that we could go alone but I thought I told her that all ready I just told her and she said, "Oh... but... well it's Portland so you guys will have to be careful ok." and the first thought that popped into my mind after that was, " Oh joy all this frusteration for nothing."

Offline Jacob_Blackfeather

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2009, 10:48:32 pm »
*Hugs* it'll get better ^^