Author Topic: Does a Plushie need to be peacebomded?  (Read 2925 times)

Offline Otaku1314

• Cabbit
Does a Plushie need to be peacebomded?
« on: July 31, 2009, 09:14:23 pm »
I was just wondering if I would have to get a plushie peacebonded. I was planning on bringing one and was curious.
Kumoricon 2010 Cosplays:
1st Day-Lelouch 50%
2nd Day-Rin Kagamine 0%
3rd Day-Yuki Nagato 97%

Offline Hazuza

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
Re: Does a Plushie need to be peacebomded?
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2009, 09:18:53 pm »

Well, unless it looked like a realistic weapon, I don't see why it would need to be. ._.;; But if you want to and the table isn't too busy, you might be able to get it tagged.

Offline Otaku1314

• Cabbit
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2009, 09:57:14 pm »
It's an L plushie, so I don't think it needs to be.
Kumoricon 2010 Cosplays:
1st Day-Lelouch 50%
2nd Day-Rin Kagamine 0%
3rd Day-Yuki Nagato 97%

Offline Romo

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2009, 10:11:02 pm »
...This thread was so random it made me laugh. xD Sorry if that wasn't the intention but I really don't understand why you'd think you'd need to get a plushie peace-bonded, since the whole point of that in general is to keep people safe.
Cosplays for 2014:
Day 3
- Billy Joe Cobra (Dude, That's My Ghost!)

Offline Hazuza

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2009, 10:22:33 pm »
Y-yeah... Peacebonding just marks a prop weapon that looks somewhat real, so attendees, staff, police, etc. can recognize from a distance that it isn't an actual weapon. Kind of a marker that it passed an inspection, I guess.
It's also kind of a contract since when you get it peacebonded, you promise the staff that you won't use the 'weapon' recklessly or hurt someone with it, so then they don't need to give you a warning to take it away from you later on.

... At least, I suppose that's what peacebonding is for.

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2009, 11:29:32 pm »
peace bonding is like an agreement not to use the object to hurt any one with it
so you really dont need to peace bond a plushie
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline Squallity

• Chibi
    • swagbook
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2009, 08:02:17 am »
I have a question about peacebonding, also...would a Duel Disk have to be peacebonded? It isn't a sword, or anything, but it isn't a plushie, either.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41Q70B9Y6BL._SL500_AA280_.jpg
DMC4 Dante @ Kumoricon 2011

【Yu-Gi-Oh! 2009 and 2010 | Devil May Cry 2010 and 2011】
2012: Something Dragon Age related, hopefully. ;)

Offline leonmasteries

• Catgirl
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2009, 08:13:44 am »
I have a question about peacebonding, also...would a Duel Disk have to be peacebonded? It isn't a sword, or anything, but it isn't a plushie, either.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41Q70B9Y6BL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

lol. Sorry for laughing, it just remind's me of a story my friend once told me about when he went to kumoricon. He was dressed as Marek from Yu-Gi-Oh! and he borrowed my duel disk so that he didn't have to buy his own. He uses the button to make the disk active (because it was the old school disk, the one that has two side's that become one) he did this in front of a staff member, and it hit him in the face. The staff member laughed and said "he need's it peace bound just so he doesn't hurt himself." so he got the disk peace bound.

Offline Squallity

• Chibi
    • swagbook
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2009, 08:37:45 am »
lol. Sorry for laughing, it just remind's me of a story my friend once told me about when he went to kumoricon. He was dressed as Marek from Yu-Gi-Oh! and he borrowed my duel disk so that he didn't have to buy his own. He uses the button to make the disk active (because it was the old school disk, the one that has two side's that become one) he did this in front of a staff member, and it hit him in the face. The staff member laughed and said "he need's it peace bound just so he doesn't hurt himself." so he got the disk peace bound.
Mine is the old one like that, too...I actually hit myself in the face, too. ;D It's just so fun to push the button and have the Duel Disk go...WHOOSH!

I guess I'll run it by the peacebonding...area, then...unless someone says otherwise. XD
DMC4 Dante @ Kumoricon 2011

【Yu-Gi-Oh! 2009 and 2010 | Devil May Cry 2010 and 2011】
2012: Something Dragon Age related, hopefully. ;)

Offline leonmasteries

• Catgirl
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2009, 10:39:03 am »
Mine is the old one like that, too...I actually hit myself in the face, too. ;D It's just so fun to push the button and have the Duel Disk go...WHOOSH!

I guess I'll run it by the peacebonding...area, then...unless someone says otherwise. XD

ya, that's good, just in case. But I like the old duel disk as well, just because it's the original (in the anime at least) and just brings back the glory day's, when it was exciting to watch.

Offline Otaku1314

• Cabbit
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2009, 05:58:15 pm »
Y-yeah... Peacebonding just marks a prop weapon that looks somewhat real, so attendees, staff, police, etc. can recognize from a distance that it isn't an actual weapon. Kind of a marker that it passed an inspection, I guess.
It's also kind of a contract since when you get it peacebonded, you promise the staff that you won't use the 'weapon' recklessly or hurt someone with it, so then they don't need to give you a warning to take it away from you later on.

... At least, I suppose that's what peacebonding is for.

Yeah, now that I think about it that was a kinda stupid question. Sory bout that! =^-^=
Kumoricon 2010 Cosplays:
1st Day-Lelouch 50%
2nd Day-Rin Kagamine 0%
3rd Day-Yuki Nagato 97%

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2009, 09:00:37 pm »
just to be safe always run any questionable props by peace bonding locations such as info desk,
anything that can hurt some one should be bonded
funny thing one year i went as lulu and i had a moogle and it was a weapon a yojimbo peace bonded it, (more for a laught) and later on a guy i knew made a joke at my expence and i tried to throw it at him, (thus breaking the whole agrement of not hurting any one with it) but luckly(?) it got caught on my hair chop sticks
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline TurboSaiyanJason

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2009, 11:50:03 pm »
Just like the orange tips on the barrels of toy guns, even though they get peacebonded too. Plushies are dangerously soft and terrifyingly cute.^-^ You could get it peacebonded so that it promises never to glomp anyone without asking.
Cosplays for Kumoricon 2014
Day 1 Fix-it Felix Jr. (w/ gold sledge)
Day 2 Hitmonchan and Kenny
Day 3 SS Future Trunks (DBZ)
Day 4 Jason Silverheart Pirate OC
Sonic The Hedgehog Kigurumi

Offline Otaku1314

• Cabbit
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2009, 10:38:10 am »
Just like the orange tips on the barrels of toy guns, even though they get peacebonded too. Plushies are dangerously soft and terrifyingly cute.^-^ You could get it peacebonded so that it promises never to glomp anyone without asking.

Ha, that's probably a pretty good reason to get a plushie peacebonded. Lol.
Kumoricon 2010 Cosplays:
1st Day-Lelouch 50%
2nd Day-Rin Kagamine 0%
3rd Day-Yuki Nagato 97%