Author Topic: Skit submission and performance?  (Read 2804 times)

Offline TurboSaiyanJason

• Bunnygirl
Skit submission and performance?
« on: August 17, 2009, 11:39:35 pm »
First, I'm planning on sending in my contest info by e-mail. Where do I send it to?

Second, If I submit my skit and I go on the waiting list if all the slots are full, is it the waiting list to perform for the judges or on stage for the crowd, or both?

Third, if I don't make it off the waiting list to perform, is my skit able to re-enter next year having not been able to perform this year? Same question for if I do make it on the skit list and something forces me to withdraw, is my skit used up, or able to try again the following year?
Cosplays for Kumoricon 2014
Day 1 Fix-it Felix Jr. (w/ gold sledge)
Day 2 Hitmonchan and Kenny
Day 3 SS Future Trunks (DBZ)
Day 4 Jason Silverheart Pirate OC
Sonic The Hedgehog Kigurumi

Offline Runa

• Catgirl
Re: Skit submission and performance?
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2009, 08:20:44 am »
First, I'm planning on sending in my contest info by e-mail. Where do I send it to?

Second, If I submit my skit and I go on the waiting list if all the slots are full, is it the waiting list to perform for the judges or on stage for the crowd, or both?

Third, if I don't make it off the waiting list to perform, is my skit able to re-enter next year having not been able to perform this year? Same question for if I do make it on the skit list and something forces me to withdraw, is my skit used up, or able to try again the following year?

First, this goes in the Cosplay section...   here are the answers to your questions, anyway:
(1) cosplay@kumoricon.org (this information is listed in the location where the rules and skit application are posted - you MUST email it by the morning of Thurs before convention. I won't check my email on Friday 4 Sept, or Saturday 5 sept... and I won't be checking it after 3 PM on Thursday, so it has to be in my box before then).
(2) the wait list is for everything. If you are told you're waitlisted, then you should still show up at the cosplay pre-meeting (scheduled for some time SATURDAY NIGHT) to find out if you will make it in. The decision to let in waitlisted people happens once I find out who has withdrawn or not shown up to the convention and how many spaces have opened. The sooner you apply the higher the probability that you'll be in and won't have to worry about being waitlisted. First come first serve...
(3) If you don't perform the skit, it can be used next year since we didn't see it.   

Offline TurboSaiyanJason

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2009, 12:00:38 am »
Alright, one more question. Say I e-mail my contest form on the 20th or whenever, with my current list of who's in the skit, to grab one of the 35 spots. If I submit my form on the 20th, then want to add more people later and re-send it on September 1st with the new additions, would it simply replace my original form, saving my spot from when I sent it in sooner? Or would only the new form count and drop me back into the waiting list?

This wasn't in the contest rules section, so that's why I'm asking.

Offline Runa

• Catgirl
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2009, 08:49:10 am »
If you have any changes to make after your initial submission, be sure to put "UPDATE to Cosplay entry" in the title, then in the body, include the original group name  and skit title.
Label the changes as applicable such as : add the following people , change <text string1> to <text string2> and so on...

No, you won't lose your place if you send in an update. Changes are allowed up to the time of the cosplay premeeting. At the premeeting, we give you a last look at what I put in the db regarding your entry and you can correct things (occasionally I make some minor typos like mis-spelling a name or perhaps you have to swap one actor for another because one entrant couldn't attend the convention) at that time.

Offline TurboSaiyanJason

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2009, 12:40:02 pm »
Great, thanks alot! ;D I love this con!