Author Topic: Adult fans go out for a drink - 2nd annual mid-con meetup  (Read 16959 times)

Offline drew

• Oni
Re: Adult fans go out for a drink - 2nd annual mid-con meetup
« Reply #50 on: August 31, 2009, 09:40:45 pm »
I'm flying solo and will definitely be up for some drinks Saturday night.

Offline LittleKarasu

• Sailor Scout
    • facebook
« Reply #51 on: August 31, 2009, 09:49:46 pm »
I'll try to attend. sounds like fun.
Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

Offline leonmasteries

• Catgirl
« Reply #52 on: August 31, 2009, 10:01:37 pm »
yay, more peoples.

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #53 on: August 31, 2009, 10:17:53 pm »
Yeah, this is shaping up to be much bigger than last year...

I will likely be joining you guys. And I'll likely have two friends with me, but possibly one thats 19, in which case hopefully a Red Robin trip happens. But she's not as likely to go as I. I just wanted to RSVP the likeliness of at least me joining in  :) Does anyone else have any minors going? I'd feel bad if our destination were restricted solely because of my group  :-\

We already have a request for food, so Red Robin isn't that bad. :) I don't mind them, either, because I like fruity drinks. :P I think we can just wait until we see who shows up and pick someplace that'll accommodate everyone.

I only ask one thing: if you're underage, please try to be there on time. Otherwise we might pick a bar.
A member of Eugene Cosplayers. Come hang out with us.

Kumori Con 2010 Cosplays:

Link (The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess)
Apollo Justice

Offline zeroraven

• Oni
« Reply #54 on: September 01, 2009, 09:03:59 pm »
MY First post...bwahahaha....idk where i was going with that but i decided to unlurk myself before the weekend. I wish to join the festivities.....as on Saturday i will be 21 ^_^. 

Offline TurboSaiyanJason

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #55 on: September 01, 2009, 09:12:08 pm »
Sounds like reason to celebrate. I was halfway thinking of participating in the sake testing at con, though I know they'll only let you slurp then spit it out. Swallowing it is the best part!
Cosplays for Kumoricon 2014
Day 1 Fix-it Felix Jr. (w/ gold sledge)
Day 2 Hitmonchan and Kenny
Day 3 SS Future Trunks (DBZ)
Day 4 Jason Silverheart Pirate OC
Sonic The Hedgehog Kigurumi

Offline acton

• Sailor Scout
    • Acton's Hermitage
« Reply #56 on: September 01, 2009, 11:07:40 pm »
If its quite I may be up to it. What would be the age range, I can use some time to get away form the kids.

Offline balmno

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #57 on: September 02, 2009, 08:44:57 pm »
This sounds like fun. My friend and I were thinking of going out drinking the first night maybe we'll just tag along with you guys and get to know some of you better.

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #58 on: September 03, 2009, 02:04:35 am »
MY First post...bwahahaha....idk where i was going with that but i decided to unlurk myself before the weekend. I wish to join the festivities.....as on Saturday i will be 21 ^_^. 

Awesome, do you mean Saturday is your birthday? Well then definitely come along; it'd be a good way to spend your oh-so-speshul day. ;)

Sounds like reason to celebrate. I was halfway thinking of participating in the sake testing at con, though I know they'll only let you slurp then spit it out. Swallowing it is the best part!

Ew, I wouldn't want to do that. Spitting out food or drink triggers a disgust response from my taste buds, even if it tastes good.

If its quite I may be up to it. What would be the age range, I can use some time to get away form the kids.
My intent was always for it to be 18 and up. Personally, I'm 30. Not sure how old you are, but I wouldn't mind having people older than me, too.

balmno:

You're welcome to join us. :)

Apollo Justice

Offline QElderHell

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #59 on: September 03, 2009, 03:31:55 am »
I am definatly interested, however, I cant promise I will show. I would have to clear it with the Girlfriend, who would probably want to come and is underage ^_-. If shes alright with it though, Ill definatly be there. Tall guy, long dark brown hair, dressed as Mr. V. Valentine ^_^ However, settling on a place before would probably be best, in order to give them abit of warning. Places really appreciate even a half hour warning if you are going to show up with a crowd of 20+. The things you learn doing theater, right?
« Last Edit: September 03, 2009, 03:47:58 am by QElderHell »

Offline leonmasteries

• Catgirl
« Reply #60 on: September 03, 2009, 10:30:54 am »
I am definatly interested, however, I cant promise I will show. I would have to clear it with the Girlfriend, who would probably want to come and is underage ^_-. If shes alright with it though, Ill definatly be there. Tall guy, long dark brown hair, dressed as Mr. V. Valentine ^_^ However, settling on a place before would probably be best, in order to give them abit of warning. Places really appreciate even a half hour warning if you are going to show up with a crowd of 20+. The things you learn doing theater, right?

well, how old is she? If she's at least 18, she can join us, that just means a restaurant instead of a bar, which is fine with all of us, because it's fun to have a bunch of people join us.

Offline QElderHell

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #61 on: September 03, 2009, 05:12:48 pm »
She is, I just have to convince her she wants to come hang out with a bunch of "old people" drinking ^_-

Offline leonmasteries

• Catgirl
« Reply #62 on: September 03, 2009, 08:38:37 pm »
She is, I just have to convince her she wants to come hang out with a bunch of "old people" drinking ^_-

well that shouldn't be that hard, should it? I mean... it's during a time when nothing's really going on, so no big.

Offline melchizedek

• Bunnygirl
    • Don't play with fire
« Reply #63 on: October 21, 2009, 11:10:51 am »
argh, how did this go?   Can't believe I missed it.
Yaoi crossplay... is actually Yuri.

Offline leonmasteries

• Catgirl
« Reply #64 on: October 21, 2009, 01:58:48 pm »
argh, how did this go?   Can't believe I missed it.

I was one of the only people who showed up, I think there was one other person, but there was a group of people who wanted to go drinking, so we all decided to join together, so it became a group of 6, I believe. We walked around for a while, trying to find a place, and then finally ended up at this awesome mexican restaurant.

Offline melchizedek

• Bunnygirl
    • Don't play with fire
« Reply #65 on: October 21, 2009, 05:47:39 pm »
yeah, I went with steve last year and some others, was fun :)
Yaoi crossplay... is actually Yuri.

Offline leonmasteries

• Catgirl
« Reply #66 on: October 21, 2009, 08:24:52 pm »
but it did suck that not a lot of people showed up, but oh well, I really liked this restaurant, and it's definitely worth going to because of how good it is... I need to go back.

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #67 on: October 21, 2009, 09:18:38 pm »
Yeah, it wasn't bad, though it took us a long time to find a place. Next time I want to figure out where we're going beforehand. Of course that'll necessitate scouting out the area. Maybe after one of the staff meetings.

Actually, I don't think 6 people was a bad showing. That number was fine, because you can't fit much more than 6-8 people around most tables. What I'm disappointed about is that nobody I knew previously came. You guys were cool, but it's nice to have familiar faces mixed in. Also, we need to figure a way to deal with the problem of not being able to have a sign saying that we're going out for a drink. Geh.

Next year I think I'm gonna go about this differently. Same goes for photo shoots. I'm going to plan things out in detail beforehand, and then whoever wants to jump on the bandwagon is most welcome to join. Hopefully Melchizedek can join us, too. :)

(Hey... Firefox's spell checker knows "Melchizedek," but it highlights "teriyaki." You suck, Firefox. Or at least your spell checker does.)
« Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 09:23:41 pm by Radien »

Apollo Justice

Offline leonmasteries

• Catgirl
« Reply #68 on: October 22, 2009, 02:52:35 pm »
oh ya, that will be good. I will definitely be showing up next year as well, it was to fun, but it was a pain trying to find a place. But we do know where more places are now at least.