Author Topic: Adult fans go out for a drink - 2nd annual mid-con meetup  (Read 17009 times)

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
Adult fans go out for a drink - 2nd annual mid-con meetup
« on: August 16, 2009, 04:54:46 am »
UPDATE: We are meeting in the 2nd floor foyer (above the lobby) at 9:30pm on Saturday!
Original post as follows...

----------------

Does that look like an attractive title? Heh, it sounds all formal and stuff. :)

So hey, remember the "adult meetup" thread (or whatever it was called) from last year? Well, a funny thing happened in 2008. About eight people came...but not one of them had RSVP'ed in the thread! It's funny how that works. We had a great evening of drinks and slightly buzzed conversation at McMenamins. So, hoping for similar results, I'd like to try arranging another one this year.

Are you over 21? If so, come on, let's all go out for a casual drink sometime during Kumori Con. Doesn't have to be fancy, and you can wear whatever you want.  I think it'd be best to go out sometime between 10pm and 11pm.  I haven't decided on a day yet. I'd like to hear which day of the con people would prefer, and also where you'd like to go.

If you're interested, please post your preferred time! (That includes you, lurkers.) And whether or not you're a lurker, please try to be fairly sure you want to go before suggesting a time.

P.S. - In the past I've had some interest from adults under 21. Here's my answer: you're welcome to come, but part of the point of the outing is to have alcoholic beverages available for those who want to order them, so you'll have to suggest a place which will not inhibit our ability to do so.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2009, 03:24:21 pm by Radien »
A member of Eugene Cosplayers. Come hang out with us.

Kumori Con 2010 Cosplays:

Link (The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess)
Apollo Justice

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
Re: Adult fans go out for a drink - 2nd annual mid-con meetup
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2009, 08:26:15 am »
I would be up for it. I don't have a day in mind because I don't know when I will be working. :P

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2009, 05:26:56 pm »
I doubt I'll attend, but a good location that wouldn't, as far as I know, inhibit those over 21 from enjoying some alcoholic beverages without excluding those under 21 might be Red Robin.  If my memory serves right, that's actually been a popular destination for Seattle DDR Players after tournaments largely for that reason.  It looks like the nearest one would be Lloyd Center.

That said, I don't plan on going.  Too much happening with my schedule, and I'll be commuting this year because I live reasonably close by.
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>

Offline Higuma

• Catgirl
    • My anime list
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2009, 02:23:14 am »
I would be down for this if we could find a bar in walking distance of the convention area. I dont know downtown all that well.

Offline Kagumaru

• Sailor Scout
    • http:/www.Myspace.com/2008nprasweethomeprincess
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2009, 02:12:37 pm »
I'm gonna be going to the 18 and over rave with some buddies of mine if any of you would like to join come one come all. Its gonna be a fun night and I know that they sell the "Adult Lemonade" there So you can get crunk while the rest of us dance hand have a good time knowing it doesnt close till like 2 or 3 a.m. I also Brought this to your attention because you wont have any really small children running around while you are trying to socialize and drink. Hope you guys think about it.
KCon '10-

Time Skip Yoko- Gurren Lagann
Yoko- Gurren Lagann
Organization Roxas- Kingdom Hearts 385/2 days
Aqua- Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep (possible)

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2009, 10:38:29 am »
I might be willing to do this... it'd be kinda fun, especially with what my cosplay is.
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2009, 03:05:08 pm »
Red Robin is a possibility if anyone under 21 shows up. :) Is there one within, oh, 5 blocks of the convention area?

I think we should discuss which day is best to meet up.  I submit Saturday for consideration, since we could do it sometime after the Masquerade Ball. We could set off to find a bar shortly after leaving the Masq (if we want to go in cosplay), or awhile later (if we want to go in plainclothes). It would probably overlap any events going on between the Masquerade Ball and midnight. What do you all think?

Washougal: Heh, what's your costume?

I'm gonna be going to the 18 and over rave with some buddies of mine if any of you would like to join come one come all. Its gonna be a fun night and I know that they sell the "Adult Lemonade" there So you can get crunk while the rest of us dance hand have a good time knowing it doesnt close till like 2 or 3 a.m. I also Brought this to your attention because you wont have any really small children running around while you are trying to socialize and drink. Hope you guys think about it.

Hmm, is this an official convention event you're talking about?  If it is, I might come anyway, but I'd consider it different from going out to enjoy a quiet drink. In any case, I can't officially endorse drinking on convention grounds. You know how it is.  :-\
« Last Edit: August 21, 2009, 03:07:12 pm by Radien »

Apollo Justice

Offline Kagumaru

• Sailor Scout
    • http:/www.Myspace.com/2008nprasweethomeprincess
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2009, 10:47:03 pm »
No this is a rave thats in downtown Portland not even close to con grounds... ><
KCon '10-

Time Skip Yoko- Gurren Lagann
Yoko- Gurren Lagann
Organization Roxas- Kingdom Hearts 385/2 days
Aqua- Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep (possible)

Offline leonmasteries

• Catgirl
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2009, 12:00:18 am »
It could be fun, I'll see if I can go to this... and see if I will actually be able to show up on time.

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2009, 05:21:02 am »
No this is a rave thats in downtown Portland not even close to con grounds... ><

Phew, okay.  Hey, just a note: when you say "I'm gonna be going to the 18 and over rave" it really makes it sound like you're talking about the con rave after curfew. Important distinction.

Anyway, I think I'll pass, but have a good time out there.

It could be fun, I'll see if I can go to this... and see if I will actually be able to show up on time.

Cool. Kagumaru's rave, or going out for a drink with my group?

Apollo Justice

Offline leonmasteries

• Catgirl
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2009, 02:20:09 pm »
drink, that will be fun to do... but will we be going in our cosplay?

Offline seshetaxhikaru

• Sailor Scout
    • my random blog- Life Affairs
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2009, 07:33:42 pm »
I'd be up for this. I want to go to the masquerade ball/rave thing though that K-con is doing, so my vote for day is when that isnt. I'm usually up till 4 am so any time is fine with me. 

* Also, theres an awesome pool hall/bar downtown called Rialtos, If interested in a pool hall.  Its at: www.rialtopoolroom.com
529 SW 4th Ave
Portland, OR 97204-2101
(503) 228-7605
This place can get really crowded on the weekends though. So earlier maybe better for here or on monday.

* Also, there's a quieter funky bar called Burbodi (not sure on spelling) but its on 2nd and burnside.

* Or theres always Dantes which is right on burnside. Its a bit darker, but on sundays they do their caberet shows which are usually pretty amusing. Its ususally VERY loud in this bar though. Or at least I think it is.

I'm open to trying a new bar though. So long as they have good drinks and girls that dont dance naked over my cup.

I'd rather be a first rate me, than a second rate someone else.

Offline Blue Leader

• Chibi
    • Blue Banshees Productions
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2009, 08:14:08 pm »
I might be up to this, perhaps, but I don't drink and never have, but that's probably no problem.

But yeah, I might. Not entirely sure quite yet. I'm not much of a late-nighter. It gets to be around 12 or 1 AM and I'm usually about ready to fall asleep... Unless I'm watching anime, of course. XD

This Year's Cosplay:
Jedi Knight, Heat Guy J(?)

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2009, 05:23:17 am »
drink, that will be fun to do... but will we be going in our cosplay?

For me, it depends on whether getting OUT of costume will be convenient. ^^ Two of my costumes have wigs and lots of layers. Even if I'm out of costume, though, I have a yukata I could throw on if everybody else is dressed up. Either way is fine with me. I expect at least half of us will be in regular clothes, anyway.

I'd be up for this. I want to go to the masquerade ball/rave thing though that K-con is doing, so my vote for day is when that isnt. I'm usually up till 4 am so any time is fine with me.

Personally I'd like to go well before midnight. (Sound good, Blue Leader?)  Now, the Masquerade Ball and the Rave are two very different things, and I'm not sure whether they're on the same night.  The schedule comes out soon; we'll figure it out once it does.

Hey, sounds like you know of a lot of places to go. Which of those are close enough to walk, and do any have cover charges? Personally I'd just like a place quiet enough that we don't have to shout. I don't need pool tables personally; just socializing is pretty fun when there are fellow geeks around. :P
« Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 05:24:30 am by Radien »

Apollo Justice

Offline leonmasteries

• Catgirl
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2009, 12:47:10 pm »
ya, a place to just sit and hang out, because we're going to be on our feet the entire day to begin with... So what day and time should we meet up?

Offline TurboSaiyanJason

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2009, 01:14:53 pm »
Yes to the rave, yes to the bar meet.
Where in downtown is the rave at? If it's Pioneer Courthouse Square...that's not even close to the con. It's only 20...long...feet...away...across the...street and...dreaded MAX train tracks. jk
And I'm down for shots of the drink and shooting of the billiards. I just would need either a ride or caravan on foot with the group.

Plus it would be the second day, so Goku would be coming!!
*Evil pun alert*
After a long hard day of battling Dark Link, this is what he does without Chi Chi knowing* ;) Plays D & D. Drinking & Dancing.
*EVIL PUN OVER!*
« Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 01:16:11 pm by TurboSaiyanJason »
Cosplays for Kumoricon 2014
Day 1 Fix-it Felix Jr. (w/ gold sledge)
Day 2 Hitmonchan and Kenny
Day 3 SS Future Trunks (DBZ)
Day 4 Jason Silverheart Pirate OC
Sonic The Hedgehog Kigurumi

Offline seshetaxhikaru

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2009, 02:44:13 pm »
quote]

Hey, sounds like you know of a lot of places to go. Which of those are close enough to walk, and do any have cover charges? Personally I'd just like a place quiet enough that we don't have to shout. I don't need pool tables personally; just socializing is pretty fun when there are fellow geeks around. :P

Okay, well if we're looking for a quiet place..... (not really my normal bar setting mind you..lol) Dantes is out. Also, I think the pool bar is out. Its usually crowded and noisy.

Burbodi's is a smaller place and a bit on the dim lighting side. But the drinks are good and I didnt have to shout over anyone last time I was there.

Let me think abit on some other places in the area. I'll also see if I can find a good map to post for everyone.  Parking downtown is no longer free, so I was trying to come up with places that are downtown only and within walking distance if that helps give you an idea. However, I suppose my idea of walking distance maybe different than others so I'll try to find that map. ^-^  I'll post some more ideas later on tonight.

Also depending on the day, I will prolly just wear my costume. As its actually very normal attire in downtown portland. lol. So no one will know anyways. ^-~ In case that helps anyone decide on if they want to wear theres or not. Its just too much work really to take it off and then put on more clothes. lol.

Offline leonmasteries

• Catgirl
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2009, 03:42:34 pm »
ya, I'll be in costume as well. But any who, any night is good for me, as long as I know where to meet you all before hand, and at what time.

Offline Higuma

• Catgirl
    • My anime list
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2009, 04:57:57 pm »
is there a bar at the hilton?

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2009, 05:40:10 pm »
A Hilton without a bar, what would Paris do? lol
The Original Red Robin, is it still on like 16th and SW Burnside?

I think we need some scouting reports of nice bars in downtown P-town. And it ain't me, as it's too far to drink and drive home from Creswell.
Have Fun

Jay

Offline Krowhop

• Oni
    • animeseed.com
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2009, 12:03:32 am »
I am totally in.  I do not know nearly enough people with the same interests that are over 21. Makes me feel old. So, whichever day you guys decide, and wherever is fine with me. I agree that it should be in walking distance, unless we have some DD's. I refuse to get in a car with someone who has had even a single drink. Call me paranoid, but that's me.  Also, I am all for going dressed up, that would make things all the more amusing. I'm not cosplaying this con(to be honest I have never cosplayed), and so will probably just wear whatever (unless one of you wants to lend me an outfit, lol) Looking forward to going out! ;)
You have just been glomped by a Krowhop!
What will you do?!
A. glomp it back
B. run & hide
C. summon down the supreme wrath of any almighty & benevolent or terrible gods & thoroughly demolish the fabric of existence in your insurmountable rage

Offline KogaRyu

• Catgirl
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2009, 01:52:47 am »
I'm Down for this. I really don't have anything planned so any Day/time works for me. I don't really know the area very well, but anything within reasonable walking distance that's easy to find would work. Would you be planning to head down from the con in a group? If so where outside the unspecified location would you guys wanna meet up?
Team Koga

Offline Krowhop

• Oni
    • animeseed.com
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2009, 03:10:28 am »
KogaRyu, I'd be more than happy to meet up with you and anyone else somewhere at con prior to heading out to whatever bar. Maybe it's me, but I don't fancy walking in downtown portland at 11pm-or later...being a single white female. Maybe it's a girl thing but I am ALL in favor as going as a group.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2009, 03:11:16 am by Krowhop »
What will you do?!
A. glomp it back
B. run & hide
C. summon down the supreme wrath of any almighty & benevolent or terrible gods & thoroughly demolish the fabric of existence in your insurmountable rage

Offline leonmasteries

• Catgirl
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2009, 11:59:58 am »
KogaRyu, I'd be more than happy to meet up with you and anyone else somewhere at con prior to heading out to whatever bar. Maybe it's me, but I don't fancy walking in downtown portland at 11pm-or later...being a single white female. Maybe it's a girl thing but I am ALL in favor as going as a group.

it's smarter to go in a group, which is why I also want to meetup with others, so that I could walk with people's to the bar, because like some, I don't know the area in any way. But ya, like I said before, just tell me where to meet you all, and I'll be there... just need to know what the other people are going as, because I'm probably going in cosplay, along with a few other people.

Offline makichan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2009, 12:12:03 pm »
By next year's kumoricon I will be able to participate.  :)
« Last Edit: August 27, 2009, 12:13:09 pm by makichan »
"I like the way you fire that gun."
"Thanks. I like the way you take a bullet."

Offline leonmasteries

• Catgirl
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2009, 12:16:57 pm »
By next year's kumoricon I will be able to participate.  :)

I think that's why someone recomended red robins, for the people who weren't 21, but wanted to go out with us, which I think was a smart idea, because than we can also grab a bite to eat, while having something to drink, and we don't have to limit people who aren't 21... But I don't know anything about Portland, so I don't know what there is down there, or what's in walking distance of the hilton.

Offline KogaRyu

• Catgirl
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2009, 07:40:09 pm »
Okay. So any ideas on where at the con you guys would wanna meet up before heading out? Then after the Con Schedule comes out we can all decide on a time and day that works best.
Team Koga

Offline leonmasteries

• Catgirl
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2009, 11:12:25 pm »
I say the loby, it's the easiest place to meet up with everyone and locate everyone... But the only problem is figuring out who everyone is... Because I'm pretty sure there are going to be quite a few people who we don't recognize, and I don't know who any of you look like, or what some of you are cosplaying as... But any time is good for me.

Offline Oreowarrior

• Oni
« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2009, 12:22:20 am »
This is just a shot in the dark, but would anyone be interested in a pre-'Scout' site mode?  i.e. just walk around the con area, and peep what's local, or maybe even do a bar hop - possibly this weekend  Aug, 29-30 - super short notice hahaha.  Either way, I'll be scoping out the area.

Offline Mister_manji

• Chibi
« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2009, 12:31:24 am »
You guys could always check out the Lotus. Though ive never been there....it is rather close
Or the Portland Grill, they throw a mean happy hour (but the drinks are expensive)
There are a dozen bars and restaurants that serve the sauce within a short walking distance of the hotel, so finding one (or a dozen) shouldn't be a problem .
« Last Edit: August 28, 2009, 12:36:27 am by Mister_manji »
K-Con attendee 2004, 2006
2007 Programming Staff
2008 Programming Staff
2009 Special Events Manager
2010 Assistant Director of Operations
2011 Assistant Director of Operations

Offline seshetaxhikaru

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2009, 02:19:20 am »
ok so some more bars I found in the area that I have had good reviews from:

1. The heathman- its a quiet bar but the clientel is more of a classy adult atmosphere. If that makes sense. But it is quiet. The also have a restraunt area, so food can be ordered. They close at midnight however, but you were saying you wanted to go earlier in the evening. This one is on the corner of broadway and salmon. So also close by.

2. ArtBar- I havent been here but I hear they have huge cumfy chairs to sit in. Its on sw broadway and main. In case anyone doesnt know, broadway is also 7th. The hotel i believe is about 6th, so this is pretty close.

3. Bistro 921- I havent been to this one either, but its my understanding that its actually at the hotel. They serve food and drinks, but again are only open until midnight. They also have a restraunt area, which I'm sure you could get drinks in, if we all wanted a place for under 21.  But I'm not sure if the resturant stays open as late as the bar. Its the same name though I believe. So I'm sure it does. I believe its on the first floor of the hotel.

4. Higgins- I have heard good things but never been.  Its a bit farther to walk tho. Its on broadway by madison. 1239 broadway.

5. The Lotus- this is a really popular spot in portland, and everyone should visist it once. Its one of the older buildings portland still has and uses. It was a cardroom eighty years ago and still holds artist and cultural history. Its on 3rd, between salmon and taylor. so pretty close as well. It has pool tables, but it may not be the quietest spot.

As for red robin's, the closest one I can think of is on Grand, which is across the bridge and closer to LLoyd center than to the hilton hotel downtown. I maybe wrong though, but I dont think theres one downtown.

The above are much closer than the ones I mentioned earlier. Each entry is marked on thhe map with its coorisponding number. In case that helps. Let me know if you want more of a selection and I can get a few more.

[

As for what we look like, I'm 5'5" and will be dressed as Raven Madison from Vampire Kisses. Very Gothic attire.. Unless I take off my costume, in which case, I'm a burnette. My name is Britt and will prolly have a camera case on my shoulder. It holds my DSLR. I might also have my tripod case on my shoulder too, but it depends on the day cause its a pain to carry around with me.  So I wont always have that one.

Does that help? Oddly enough I dont have any recent photos of myself  where I actually look like my normal self. lol.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2009, 02:30:08 am by seshetaxhikaru »

Offline seshetaxhikaru

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2009, 02:24:34 am »
forgot the map and cant seem to modify.

Offline Krowhop

• Oni
    • animeseed.com
« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2009, 04:48:38 am »
What might be a good idea, as far as meeting up to go wherever(I really don't have a preference) is this:

When you get to the lobby to meet up with everyone, go to the front desk and ask where in the lobby the "Adult Fans Bar-Hop Group"(or whatever name) is gathered-I imagine there will a few different groups gathered there. And also this way, if the clerk doesn't know what you are talking about because you are the first one there, then you can tell them, "Well then, the Adult Fans Bar-Hop Group is meeting here, and if you could tell them that we are going to be *point in direction/area of your choice* over there, it would be appreciated."

That might just be the easiest way...I doubt that I'd be able to remember one face/description a week from now, what with the pre-con desperate scrambling that I have already started, let alone the number of people I imagine will show up. Also, that way, we can decide as a group-knowing who is going for sure-if we'll go to a restaurant/bar, or just a bar, depending on if there are some 19-20 year olds... and then maybe do another night for just over 21. I am going to be there friday afternoon through tuesday morning, so if anyone is interested in doing more than one night out, that might be fun.

Anyway, lets hear other possible ideas as far as meet-up. I don't think a location for our 'field trip' will be decided until we are there, and again, not knowing what the schedule is, the day/time isn't even decided. So, lets get this part out of the way, ya? lol.
What will you do?!
A. glomp it back
B. run & hide

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2009, 05:00:43 am »
Y'know what... I don't live in Portland anymore, so I can't investigate the area.  I'm fine with wherever you guys prefer to go out for that drink, as long as conversation is possible and at least half of us are drinking, so I'm not drinking alone. ;)  Even Red Robin would be fine.

Now, about the official schedule... it's up! Yeesh, it's complicated. But I looked it over, and it looks like Sunday will be difficult for anyone interested in the Masq Ball.  So I suggest we go out for that drink on Saturday evening. There is a lull in the major events from 8-11pm, so perhaps we could meet at 9:00pm? And we could stay past 11pm if people want.

Now... ABOUT THE LOBBY!

Little problem: the photo shoot groups have been told that hotel staff may tell us to disperse if we loiter in the lobby. I'm not sure whether that'll apply to us. It might be a problem if we top out at more than five people.

I suggest we meet at the 2nd floor landing above the lobby. It's right there. Checking in at the front desk to tell them where we are sounds like a good idea, though. Also, Krowhop, if you think we're going to attract a big a crowd, we might want to call ahead and reserve a table.

Disclaimer: none of my post is about planning the rave trip, just the "out for a drink" trip.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2009, 05:05:25 am by Radien »

Apollo Justice

Offline Krowhop

• Oni
    • animeseed.com
« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2009, 05:57:54 am »
Hm, it is hard to tell the number of people until we get there-like you said, 8-odd people last year, none of which rsvp'd.  ::) I think as long as it is a dozen or under, it should be fine. When me and my friends go out up here (usually 8-12 people) whether at a bar or restaurant, I don't think we have ever waited more than 15 minutes. I don't know about Oregon, but up here they just love big groups/gratuity charges. 

Where ever you want to have people meet up is fine, I really don't care, as long as it isn't outside/raining.

Oh, and rest assured Radien, you WON'T be the only one drinking.  ;D I am keeping a fund of cash JUST for that, lol. And if for some odd reason there is a group of 30+...well, maybe we'd just have to split into 2 groups -Restaurant vs. Bar-. As far as the random other topic about going somewhere else...I am, as the title of the thread suggests, going to go out for a drink with other adult fans. Not a rave. If someone is interested in that, they should start another thread for those like-minded.  ;)

As far as events/time, Saturday night would be fine, I probably won't join you all till at least 9:30/10 though... I have to catch part of the Concert for phone/video recording, as I am the 'news coverage' for animeseed... For that matter, if you are really part of Exhibitors Hall Staff Radien, I might just try to get an interview out of you. Be like a real professional, or something like that, lol. Not likely, but it could happen.  :D
« Last Edit: August 28, 2009, 05:58:36 am by Krowhop »
What will you do?!
A. glomp it back
B. run & hide

Offline Oreowarrior

• Oni
« Reply #35 on: August 28, 2009, 08:43:24 am »
Any Artists willing to make a 'Anime and Alcoholics Group is (random arrow pointed aimlessly) here soon to be (another randomly pointed arrow) there.'  Maybe even include a buzzed chibi char.  Shoot we could even e-bay the sign (saw 4-chan do it at a previous con on the east coast).  But at least it'll help 'flock' all the available and willing people to drink.

Offline leonmasteries

• Catgirl
« Reply #36 on: August 28, 2009, 11:35:48 am »
At last, saturday it is, and 9 should work just fine... Like I said, I am not really on schedule, so that should be just fine... But I do plan to have at least one drink when I go. But if the group does get to large, I do like the idea of going into two groups, the bar and the restaurant group, and you do have a good point Krow, I am not going to this to go and dance, but to just sit back and relax while hanging out with others who have similar interests as me, and to have a drink, maybe a bite to eat as well.

Edit:could we make it 9:30, because one of the panels I might want to attend end's then, but if not, than I will probably leave a little earlier to go and meet up with you all.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2009, 01:26:20 pm by leonmasteries »

Offline Krowhop

• Oni
    • animeseed.com
« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2009, 01:59:33 am »
We could also do it in 2 phases... Raiden, I'd be willing to give you my cell number, and you could text me which bar/restaurant you guys choose, and then 'group/phase 2' could go at like, 9:30/9:45, and that way it would still be in a group, with the same original meeting place, but that way those of us who do have things we want to catch that don't end/start till later can still go out. I would be more than willing to coordinate 'phase/wave/group 2' (note: i love how the adjectives for the name consecutively increase... unintentionally.) And that way, there would be plenty of time for a table/bar space to be saved....I can't imagine more than 5 or 6 people wanting to go later though... tops. That way too, if anyone is late, they still have a chance to go. Hm. It'll be interesting to see anyway.

What will you do?!
A. glomp it back
B. run & hide

Offline leonmasteries

• Catgirl
« Reply #38 on: August 29, 2009, 09:17:05 am »
We could also do it in 2 phases... Raiden, I'd be willing to give you my cell number, and you could text me which bar/restaurant you guys choose, and then 'group/phase 2' could go at like, 9:30/9:45, and that way it would still be in a group, with the same original meeting place, but that way those of us who do have things we want to catch that don't end/start till later can still go out. I would be more than willing to coordinate 'phase/wave/group 2' (note: i love how the adjectives for the name consecutively increase... unintentionally.) And that way, there would be plenty of time for a table/bar space to be saved....I can't imagine more than 5 or 6 people wanting to go later though... tops. That way too, if anyone is late, they still have a chance to go. Hm. It'll be interesting to see anyway.

That is a really smart idea, I didn't think of a second group... But ya, I'm all for that, it allows us to at least go to the other panel we want to and finish with it.

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #39 on: August 29, 2009, 01:28:56 pm »
I don't mind surprise companions! It's better than everybody RSVPing and no one showing. :) Okay, let's not bother reserving a table if nobody minds waiting 15 minutes.

I don't mind pushing it back half an hour. Sure, let's meet at 9:30pm on Saturday. We'll wait a few minutes before heading out, of course.  If any of you you are worried about missing us, just let me know and I'll PM you my cell number.

If the rave group wants to meet up with us and figure out their plans right there, that'd be great. It could even be the "after-party." Drink one place, dance at another.

Oreowarrior:  Sounds cool, but I say leave the word "alcoholics" off. ;) Would love to see a tipsy chibi, though.

Krowhop:  Interview? What kind of interview? :) I'd be happy to, though I'm probably not all that impressive. I'm just a grunt in the exhibitor's hall, supervising the halls, etc. I can certainly tell you about the con, though; I've been involved since 2003.

Apollo Justice

Offline leonmasteries

• Catgirl
« Reply #40 on: August 29, 2009, 02:39:47 pm »
ok, so it's 9:30 on the second floor above the lobby, right?

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #41 on: August 29, 2009, 02:52:11 pm »
ok, so it's 9:30 on the second floor above the lobby, right?

Yep. Let's do it. :)

Apollo Justice

Offline leonmasteries

• Catgirl
« Reply #42 on: August 29, 2009, 03:13:02 pm »
alright, now that I have all the info, I will make sure to be there...

Offline KogaRyu

• Catgirl
« Reply #43 on: August 29, 2009, 05:17:03 pm »
Kool Kool This all works.
 Hey Raiden I'll PM you my cell in case anything changes just let me know.
Team Koga

Offline TurboSaiyanJason

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #44 on: August 29, 2009, 10:45:54 pm »
I might be down for a drink or two on Saturday or maybe bounce on over to the rave mentioned earlier, but Sunday night's when I'd really like to throw back, since it's AFTER the cosplay contest.

Offline Krowhop

• Oni
    • animeseed.com
« Reply #45 on: August 30, 2009, 01:58:37 am »
Sounds like a plan-I will probably be a bit late, because I have to get some video of the concert, but I'll only need a few video clips, hopefully it will be quick. If I am not there by then, I'll text Radien to let him know if I am on my way or not...so ya.

See you guys there! 9:30(ish) Second floor above the lobby.
What will you do?!
A. glomp it back
B. run & hide

Offline Jarnan

• Cabbit
« Reply #46 on: August 30, 2009, 07:05:01 pm »
Sounds like fun, I'll see if I can show up. Always nice to meet fellow anime geeks and go drinking.

Offline leonmasteries

• Catgirl
« Reply #47 on: August 30, 2009, 07:08:22 pm »
oh ya it's fun, but as to where we should go, we should definitely try for a place that serves food as well, because I can guarantee you some of us would not have eaten before hand, so it will be nice to get some food as well as a drink or two.

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #48 on: August 31, 2009, 04:17:42 am »
Okay everyone. Sounds good.

oh ya it's fun, but as to where we should go, we should definitely try for a place that serves food as well, because I can guarantee you some of us would not have eaten before hand, so it will be nice to get some food as well as a drink or two.

I am down with this too.

Apollo Justice

Offline fhqwhgads41185

• Cabbit
    • Myspace
« Reply #49 on: August 31, 2009, 07:40:40 pm »
I will likely be joining you guys. And I'll likely have two friends with me, but possibly one thats 19, in which case hopefully a Red Robin trip happens. But she's not as likely to go as I. I just wanted to RSVP the likeliness of at least me joining in  :) Does anyone else have any minors going? I'd feel bad if our destination were restricted solely because of my group  :-\
If music be the food of love, play on; give me excess of it that, surfeiting, the appetite may sicken and so die.

Offline drew

• Oni
« Reply #50 on: August 31, 2009, 09:40:45 pm »
I'm flying solo and will definitely be up for some drinks Saturday night.

Offline LittleKarasu

• Sailor Scout
    • facebook
« Reply #51 on: August 31, 2009, 09:49:46 pm »
I'll try to attend. sounds like fun.
Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

Offline leonmasteries

• Catgirl
« Reply #52 on: August 31, 2009, 10:01:37 pm »
yay, more peoples.

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #53 on: August 31, 2009, 10:17:53 pm »
Yeah, this is shaping up to be much bigger than last year...

I will likely be joining you guys. And I'll likely have two friends with me, but possibly one thats 19, in which case hopefully a Red Robin trip happens. But she's not as likely to go as I. I just wanted to RSVP the likeliness of at least me joining in  :) Does anyone else have any minors going? I'd feel bad if our destination were restricted solely because of my group  :-\

We already have a request for food, so Red Robin isn't that bad. :) I don't mind them, either, because I like fruity drinks. :P I think we can just wait until we see who shows up and pick someplace that'll accommodate everyone.

I only ask one thing: if you're underage, please try to be there on time. Otherwise we might pick a bar.

Apollo Justice

Offline zeroraven

• Oni
« Reply #54 on: September 01, 2009, 09:03:59 pm »
MY First post...bwahahaha....idk where i was going with that but i decided to unlurk myself before the weekend. I wish to join the festivities.....as on Saturday i will be 21 ^_^. 

Offline TurboSaiyanJason

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #55 on: September 01, 2009, 09:12:08 pm »
Sounds like reason to celebrate. I was halfway thinking of participating in the sake testing at con, though I know they'll only let you slurp then spit it out. Swallowing it is the best part!

Offline acton

• Sailor Scout
    • Acton's Hermitage
« Reply #56 on: September 01, 2009, 11:07:40 pm »
If its quite I may be up to it. What would be the age range, I can use some time to get away form the kids.

Offline balmno

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #57 on: September 02, 2009, 08:44:57 pm »
This sounds like fun. My friend and I were thinking of going out drinking the first night maybe we'll just tag along with you guys and get to know some of you better.

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #58 on: September 03, 2009, 02:04:35 am »
MY First post...bwahahaha....idk where i was going with that but i decided to unlurk myself before the weekend. I wish to join the festivities.....as on Saturday i will be 21 ^_^. 

Awesome, do you mean Saturday is your birthday? Well then definitely come along; it'd be a good way to spend your oh-so-speshul day. ;)

Sounds like reason to celebrate. I was halfway thinking of participating in the sake testing at con, though I know they'll only let you slurp then spit it out. Swallowing it is the best part!

Ew, I wouldn't want to do that. Spitting out food or drink triggers a disgust response from my taste buds, even if it tastes good.

If its quite I may be up to it. What would be the age range, I can use some time to get away form the kids.
My intent was always for it to be 18 and up. Personally, I'm 30. Not sure how old you are, but I wouldn't mind having people older than me, too.

balmno:

You're welcome to join us. :)

Apollo Justice

Offline QElderHell

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #59 on: September 03, 2009, 03:31:55 am »
I am definatly interested, however, I cant promise I will show. I would have to clear it with the Girlfriend, who would probably want to come and is underage ^_-. If shes alright with it though, Ill definatly be there. Tall guy, long dark brown hair, dressed as Mr. V. Valentine ^_^ However, settling on a place before would probably be best, in order to give them abit of warning. Places really appreciate even a half hour warning if you are going to show up with a crowd of 20+. The things you learn doing theater, right?
« Last Edit: September 03, 2009, 03:47:58 am by QElderHell »

Offline leonmasteries

• Catgirl
« Reply #60 on: September 03, 2009, 10:30:54 am »
I am definatly interested, however, I cant promise I will show. I would have to clear it with the Girlfriend, who would probably want to come and is underage ^_-. If shes alright with it though, Ill definatly be there. Tall guy, long dark brown hair, dressed as Mr. V. Valentine ^_^ However, settling on a place before would probably be best, in order to give them abit of warning. Places really appreciate even a half hour warning if you are going to show up with a crowd of 20+. The things you learn doing theater, right?

well, how old is she? If she's at least 18, she can join us, that just means a restaurant instead of a bar, which is fine with all of us, because it's fun to have a bunch of people join us.

Offline QElderHell

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #61 on: September 03, 2009, 05:12:48 pm »
She is, I just have to convince her she wants to come hang out with a bunch of "old people" drinking ^_-

Offline leonmasteries

• Catgirl
« Reply #62 on: September 03, 2009, 08:38:37 pm »
She is, I just have to convince her she wants to come hang out with a bunch of "old people" drinking ^_-

well that shouldn't be that hard, should it? I mean... it's during a time when nothing's really going on, so no big.

Offline melchizedek

• Bunnygirl
    • Don't play with fire
« Reply #63 on: October 21, 2009, 11:10:51 am »
argh, how did this go?   Can't believe I missed it.
Yaoi crossplay... is actually Yuri.

Offline leonmasteries

• Catgirl
« Reply #64 on: October 21, 2009, 01:58:48 pm »
argh, how did this go?   Can't believe I missed it.

I was one of the only people who showed up, I think there was one other person, but there was a group of people who wanted to go drinking, so we all decided to join together, so it became a group of 6, I believe. We walked around for a while, trying to find a place, and then finally ended up at this awesome mexican restaurant.

Offline melchizedek

• Bunnygirl
    • Don't play with fire
« Reply #65 on: October 21, 2009, 05:47:39 pm »
yeah, I went with steve last year and some others, was fun :)
Yaoi crossplay... is actually Yuri.

Offline leonmasteries

• Catgirl
« Reply #66 on: October 21, 2009, 08:24:52 pm »
but it did suck that not a lot of people showed up, but oh well, I really liked this restaurant, and it's definitely worth going to because of how good it is... I need to go back.

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #67 on: October 21, 2009, 09:18:38 pm »
Yeah, it wasn't bad, though it took us a long time to find a place. Next time I want to figure out where we're going beforehand. Of course that'll necessitate scouting out the area. Maybe after one of the staff meetings.

Actually, I don't think 6 people was a bad showing. That number was fine, because you can't fit much more than 6-8 people around most tables. What I'm disappointed about is that nobody I knew previously came. You guys were cool, but it's nice to have familiar faces mixed in. Also, we need to figure a way to deal with the problem of not being able to have a sign saying that we're going out for a drink. Geh.

Next year I think I'm gonna go about this differently. Same goes for photo shoots. I'm going to plan things out in detail beforehand, and then whoever wants to jump on the bandwagon is most welcome to join. Hopefully Melchizedek can join us, too. :)

(Hey... Firefox's spell checker knows "Melchizedek," but it highlights "teriyaki." You suck, Firefox. Or at least your spell checker does.)
« Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 09:23:41 pm by Radien »

Apollo Justice

Offline leonmasteries

• Catgirl
« Reply #68 on: October 22, 2009, 02:52:35 pm »
oh ya, that will be good. I will definitely be showing up next year as well, it was to fun, but it was a pain trying to find a place. But we do know where more places are now at least.