Author Topic: Pokemon tournament suggestion  (Read 7404 times)

Offline xcthulhux

• Bunnygirl
    • MAI BLOG
Pokemon tournament suggestion
« on: August 13, 2009, 08:38:31 am »
i would love to see a pokemon diamond and pearl tournament with standard tournament rules.
(i run a pokemon site, so i will just copypasta from there)

-No Ubers: Mewtwo, Mew, Lugia, Ho-oh, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Latios, Garchomp, Deoxys (all forms), Wynaut, and Wobbuffet are banned. You may not use them.

-Species Clause: No using more than one of any species of Pokemon. Sorry, no two Metagross.

-Sleep Clause: No two Pokemon on the same team may be asleep at the same time by the opponents effects.

-No OHKOs: Sheer Cold, Horn Drill, Guillotine and Fissure are banned.

-No Evasion and Accuracy Modifiers: Double Team, Minimize, Sand Attack, etc are banned.

-Self KO Clause: You may not use Explosion, Selfdestruct, or Destiny Bond with your last Pokemon. This is to stop people from using these moves to force the battle in a draw.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 01:40:24 pm by xcthulhux »

Offline Kurokaizoku

• Chibi
To all registered Gaming Staff
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2009, 11:05:18 pm »
No offense, but that has 0 relevance to what I posted. That should be moved to a thread about tournaments. I know we are having a battle coliseum or whatever...but I don't even know what platform the pokemon you are asking about are on....
'07- Console Gaming staff. First con. Ever.
'08- Console Gaming staff.
'09- Console Gaming Manager.
'10- Console Gaming Assistant Manager
'11- Con Suite Manager
'12- Live Events Assistant Manager

Offline ha~ma

• Sailor Scout
To all registered Gaming Staff
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2009, 11:22:39 pm »
No offense, but that has 0 relevance to what I posted. That should be moved to a thread about tournaments. I know we are having a battle coliseum or whatever...but I don't even know what platform the pokemon you are asking about are on....
Correct, he should be posting that in a different thread. What worries me more is that you have tournaments under your wing but are unsure about the systems they are being run on and what the actual game is. Just a fair observation, not a personal attack.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 11:26:44 pm by ha~ma »

Offline Jamiche

• Bunnygirl
These posts had zero relevance to the thread, and were split.  Please keep your posts on topic, or start a new thread.

If you have a suggestion for a tournament, make another post.  But keep in mind that we are less than a month away from the convention, and the schedule is pretty much set.  Suggesting a new tournament this late in the game makes it highly unlikely that unless it was already planned, it will happen.

If there is a tournament you would like to see at con, volunteer to run it.. earlier than the month before, please.

What worries me more is that you have tournaments under your wing but are unsure about the systems they are being run on and what the actual game is. Just a fair observation, not a personal attack.

She is our gaming manager.. she makes sure we have the people and equipment to run the tournaments we have.  There is someone else running the tournaments themselves.. and I'm pretty sure he knows what's on what system.  Not everyone knows every little thing.. they all have their specific jobs.  And we're not half bad at those ;)
« Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 02:04:43 am by Jamiche »
2015-2016 Director of Programming
2014 Assistant Director of Programming
2008-2013 Director of Programming
2007 Tech Manager & Video Room Coordinator, Manga Library & Cosplay Chess
2006 Video Room & Karaoke Manager
2005 Video Room Coordinator

Offline xcthulhux

• Bunnygirl
    • MAI BLOG
actually, it was quite relevant as you asked what people would like to see.
i wanted to see a pokemon tournament.

Offline xcthulhux

• Bunnygirl
    • MAI BLOG
Re: To all registered Gaming Staff
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2009, 01:39:17 pm »
Correct, he should be posting that in a different thread. What worries me more is that you have tournaments under your wing but are unsure about the systems they are being run on and what the actual game is. Just a fair observation, not a personal attack.
who were you talking to here?

Offline Jamiche

• Bunnygirl
Re: Pokemon tournament suggestion
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2009, 03:00:57 pm »
No, the original post you replied to was for staff scheduling in the gaming room.  Your post was not relevant, and was split off from the topic.
2015-2016 Director of Programming
2014 Assistant Director of Programming
2008-2013 Director of Programming
2007 Tech Manager & Video Room Coordinator, Manga Library & Cosplay Chess
2006 Video Room & Karaoke Manager
2005 Video Room Coordinator

Offline xcthulhux

• Bunnygirl
    • MAI BLOG
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2009, 10:56:15 am »
No, the original post you replied to was for staff scheduling in the gaming room.  Your post was not relevant, and was split off from the topic.
yes, it was for staff, but i specifically remember the OP asking what they would like to see, so my post was relevant. just because im not staff doesn't make my post irrelevant, it just makes my post not count.
GG

Offline dshwshr55

• Chibi
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2009, 11:13:45 am »
In the other thread, when asking what people (specifically staff) "want to see", I believe the implication was about what they want to see OUTSIDE the gaming room. You know like going to panels, live events, etc. Even gaming staff doesn't want to sit in a room all day, doing whatever it is gaming staff does XD   They want to go out and see stuff.

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2009, 05:08:49 pm »
Whether your post was relevant in it's original context is irrelevant, and that discussion is pretty much just a threadjack at this point (see dshwshr55's post; misunderstanding; discussion closed).  Your post is entirely relevant and it "counts" in it's current context.  Can you make it to the next general meeting?  If you can, ask for TJ and discuss this with him.  He can help you either get in touch with whomever is running it, if we're already planning one, or he can talk to you about running it yourself. 

And if you don't think we're willing to consider your opinions and expertise on a tournament just because you're not staff?  Think again.  The first year I ran the DDR tournament I wasn't staff.  I didn't even come planning on running the tournament; I was just asked to do so last-minute and it ran smoothly (under the circumstances).  Same thing happened with Sakuracon 2008.
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>

Offline xcthulhux

• Bunnygirl
    • MAI BLOG
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2009, 08:53:53 am »
Whether your post was relevant in it's original context is irrelevant, and that discussion is pretty much just a threadjack at this point (see dshwshr55's post; misunderstanding; discussion closed).  Your post is entirely relevant and it "counts" in it's current context.  Can you make it to the next general meeting?  If you can, ask for TJ and discuss this with him.  He can help you either get in touch with whomever is running it, if we're already planning one, or he can talk to you about running it yourself. 

And if you don't think we're willing to consider your opinions and expertise on a tournament just because you're not staff?  Think again.  The first year I ran the DDR tournament I wasn't staff.  I didn't even come planning on running the tournament; I was just asked to do so last-minute and it ran smoothly (under the circumstances).  Same thing happened with Sakuracon 2008.
thank you.
i will definitely do my best to make it.
sounds like it will be quite fun actually.

Offline Griffion

• Cabbit
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2009, 12:11:51 pm »
Hey this is T.J. sticking my head in for a moment...
I would just like to say that we are planning a Pokemon tournament that at this point will be held on Saturday.
Also, I personally invite any suggestions you all may have in terms of possible rules/regulations we could implement for this tournament or any others for that matter.
A grand comprehensive tournament list will be posted this week that is slated to include all of the gritty details of the tournaments we are hosting this year.
Stay tuned for updates ;)

2013 - 2014 - President/Chair
2011 - 2012 - Director of Operations
2010 - Console Gaming Manager
2009 - Assistant Gaming Manager
2008 - Volunteer

Offline xcthulhux

• Bunnygirl
    • MAI BLOG
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2009, 12:18:09 pm »
Hey this is T.J. sticking my head in for a moment...
I would just like to say that we are planning a Pokemon tournament that at this point will be held on Saturday.
Also, I personally invite any suggestions you all may have in terms of possible rules/regulations we could implement for this tournament or any others for that matter.
A grand comprehensive tournament list will be posted this week that is slated to include all of the gritty details of the tournaments we are hosting this year.
Stay tuned for updates ;)

i pm'd you everything that i had to suggest.

Offline xcthulhux

• Bunnygirl
    • MAI BLOG
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2009, 09:40:14 am »
so is there any actual confirmation of this yet?
what version of pokemon will be played in the tourney?
i personally would prefer pokemon d/p/pt

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2009, 04:30:18 pm »
It appears that Pokemon Battle Revolution will be used.  This is the Wii stadium version of those games, correct?

Offline xcthulhux

• Bunnygirl
    • MAI BLOG
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2009, 12:03:52 pm »
It appears that Pokemon Battle Revolution will be used.  This is the Wii stadium version of those games, correct?
that would work.

i personally prefer doing it on the ds due to the fact that it is a lot faster.
the connection from the ds to the wii is crazy slow.

Offline Shiba21

• Sailor Scout
    • My deviantART
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2009, 12:35:02 pm »
I've never played on Battle Revolution before, so I'm not familiar with the rules or anything... Will it have some sort of thing like the DS where it evens out all Pokemon at level 100? If not, then that could be a problem for me since some Pokemon on my team are far from level 100...
Visit my DeviantART! http://qiisnii.deviantart.com

2013 cosplay plans:

- Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou demo koi ga shitai!) 95%
- Anzu Futaba (iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls) 25%

Offline xcthulhux

• Bunnygirl
    • MAI BLOG
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2009, 12:44:55 pm »
I've never played on Battle Revolution before, so I'm not familiar with the rules or anything... Will it have some sort of thing like the DS where it evens out all Pokemon at level 100? If not, then that could be a problem for me since some Pokemon on my team are far from level 100...
i totally spaced on this.

i think that you will probably have to have level 100's to play.
that would make sense right?

maybe we should make a level tier chart or something so that everyone plays equally.

Offline Shiba21

• Sailor Scout
    • My deviantART
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2009, 12:53:37 pm »
i totally spaced on this.

i think that you will probably have to have level 100's to play.
that would make sense right?

maybe we should make a level tier chart or something so that everyone plays equally.

lol, either that, or we'll need a Rare Candy-er around here... xD
Visit my DeviantART! http://qiisnii.deviantart.com

2013 cosplay plans:

- Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou demo koi ga shitai!) 95%
- Anzu Futaba (iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls) 25%

Offline xcthulhux

• Bunnygirl
    • MAI BLOG
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2009, 12:59:28 pm »
hmm...
that could work...

Offline Pajamurai

• Cabbit
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2009, 01:50:50 pm »
making a level tier chart just wouldn't make sense, i only use my level 100s, it would overall just hurt the tourny I think. Though whatever floats your guys's boat.

Offline xcthulhux

• Bunnygirl
    • MAI BLOG
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2009, 01:55:36 pm »
making a level tier chart just wouldn't make sense, i only use my level 100s, it would overall just hurt the tourny I think. Though whatever floats your guys's boat.
this is pretty much exactly what i was thinking.

i hang out with several top tier players, and we pretty much all agree that lvl 100 is a pretty reasonable rule.

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2009, 05:00:00 pm »
I'd agree there.  Nobody keeps their best team at any other level than 100.

Offline Randomman29

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2009, 05:06:15 pm »
Well I have one at 93 that I still use sometimes.
I'll play pokemon with anyone at anytime, my FC for HG, Slag: 2021 5546 4058, email me at: random_man2789@yahoo.com

Offline Pajamurai

• Cabbit
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2009, 05:09:30 pm »
then level it seven more levels? Really, it's just better for competition and for fun.

Offline Randomman29

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2009, 05:22:36 pm »
I've been distracted a bit in the past two years I haven't gotten around to leveling it up.
I'll play pokemon with anyone at anytime, my FC for HG, Slag: 2021 5546 4058, email me at: random_man2789@yahoo.com