Author Topic: Pokemon RMT (rate my team) thread  (Read 10003 times)

Offline xcthulhux

• Bunnygirl
    • MAI BLOG
Pokemon RMT (rate my team) thread
« on: August 12, 2009, 09:40:22 pm »
An RMT is designed to enable an individual to share his or her pokemon team with other pokemon players. This can be for a number of reasons; Either the person thinks the team is bad and definitely needs improvement, or it's good but could still improve, or it's just awesome and you want to share it with others. Remember, two heads are usually better than one.

When posting your RMT's please keep and mind that the people rating your team are doing you a favor. The least you can do is make your RMT presentable to the person rating. Here are a few guidelines that you can follow to make the RMT process more enjoyable for everyone involved.

Guidelinesfor Posting an RMT

1. Make your format readable. If the format is messy and causes people to have headaches you are not likely to receive any help. Here is a sample format that you can use:

Pokemon @ Item
Ability:
EVs: (Please include the numbers. Do not post things like "EV'd in Attack and Defense")
Nature:
- move
- move
- move
- move

Keep in mind that this is an example and it isn't set in stone but it makes your post much easier to read.

2. You should include pictures. This isn't necessary but it definitely makes your thread look cleaner and more enjoyable to read.

3. Under every pokemon, you should comment and leave your opinion of that pokemon for everyone to read. This helps any rater understand your reasoning behind that pokemon.

4. Use good grammar. It doesn't have to be great, but it definitely helps if everyone understands what you mean.

5. No flaming. When you post a team you have to realize that people will be criticizing you. If you cannot take constructive criticism then you have no business posting a team. You can explain to people why you are using a certain set etc, just do not flame people for it. The only way for your team to get better is by having ideas thrown around in this fashion so it is okay to disagree with somebody. Just do not go all out on that person.

6. If you want to, additional features such as colors, bolded or underlined words or other images are always welcome and improve the quality of your RMT. This isn't necessary but it is important to remember to have fun writing your RMT. If you're not going to have fun writing it then you really should not waste your time.

Guidelines for Rating a Team

Before you decide to comment or rate somebody's team please follow these guidelines. These guidelines will help to keep frustrations down to a minimum and will help the RMT section of the forum to grow.

1. Know what you are talking about. Do not post things like "Wow great team I love such and such pokemon so your team is amazing". Posts like these don't help anybody and are generally a waste of time and space.

2. Explain your suggestions. Don't just tell somebody that they should use a Gengar instead of a Mismagius. Again, this does not help anybody. Explain why they should use a Gengar instead.

3. Solve people's problems. Don't tell somebody that their team is Mixape weak. Doing this does nothing. Explain to them what they can do to help make counter Mixape and what they can do with their team to help with their Mixape weakness.

4. Don't complain about how standard somebody's team is. Nobody is interested in how much you hate OU pokemon. People do not post their teams for you to tell them how much you hate a certain tier and these posts do not need to clutter the RMT threads.

I got some of these guidelines from various other Pokemon websites because they have been effective over there so if they are effective in other places they should work here as well (as long as everybody follows them of course).

Thanks to ChaosZR or -TheDude of friendcodes.com for the excellent, and well written guidelines

Offline ha~ma

• Sailor Scout
Re: Pokemon RMT (rate my team) thread
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2009, 10:17:42 pm »
Good thread, but unfortunately no one besides you, I or maybe Man of the Public will post in this because these forums are too casual.

Offline xcthulhux

• Bunnygirl
    • MAI BLOG
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2009, 11:06:20 pm »
i could totally see that as a truth.
lol i have known man of the public for like over 9000 days.
not even kidding.
we go way back

Offline Man of the Public

• Catgirl
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2009, 11:12:50 pm »
i could totally see that as a truth.
lol i have known man of the public for like over 9000 days.
not even kidding.
we go way back
And the fact that you make my teams if I'm going to a tournament.

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2009, 05:09:20 am »
Sapphire save got wiped by impulsive brother.  If I can find a gameboy and my battery hasn't kicked the can, I'll post my Silver team.  That team was so fun... :D
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>

Offline xcthulhux

• Bunnygirl
    • MAI BLOG
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2009, 08:26:48 am »
Sapphire save got wiped by impulsive brother.  If I can find a gameboy and my battery hasn't kicked the can, I'll post my Silver team.  That team was so fun... :D
this is mostly supposed to be a d/p thread, so if you post something that is from r/s/e or g/s it may be weak to a lot of things in d/p.

Offline ha~ma

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2009, 06:56:26 pm »
r/b/g/s are pretty simple compared to the newer games.... And yes, due to new attacks / abilities / items the metagame has changed so drastically that old teams won't make sense in new games.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 10:53:03 pm by ha~ma »

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2009, 07:04:37 am »
Makes sense.  I suppose maybe one day I'll get myself back in the loop with these games.  The only thing that's kept me from that is the desire not to spend $100+ on a new console for each new game. :/ (in addition to $40 for the game)  The only two games I would play on a DS would be Pokemon and Mario Kart, so besides being entirely unable to afford one, the use wouldn't justify the cost.

Sorry for butting in with my out-of-the-loop-ness.

Offline xcthulhux

• Bunnygirl
    • MAI BLOG
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2009, 09:23:45 am »
Makes sense.  I suppose maybe one day I'll get myself back in the loop with these games.  The only thing that's kept me from that is the desire not to spend $100+ on a new console for each new game. :/ (in addition to $40 for the game)  The only two games I would play on a DS would be Pokemon and Mario Kart, so besides being entirely unable to afford one, the use wouldn't justify the cost.

before you say what you wouldn't play, look up a game called scribblenauts.
also, PM me

Offline ha~ma

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2009, 10:58:30 am »
Netbattle is a good way to get into pokemon again.

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2009, 12:46:42 pm »
Makes sense.  I suppose maybe one day I'll get myself back in the loop with these games.  The only thing that's kept me from that is the desire not to spend $100+ on a new console for each new game. :/ (in addition to $40 for the game)  The only two games I would play on a DS would be Pokemon and Mario Kart, so besides being entirely unable to afford one, the use wouldn't justify the cost.

before you say what you wouldn't play, look up a game called scribblenauts.
also, PM me
I said nothing about what I wouldn't play.  I just haven't found any games besides sequels of games I played on my GBA that I would actually want to play, let alone pay for.

Scribblenauts sounds interesting, but not like something I'd play.  Perhaps I would, but I'm not about to go out and buy a copy to find out.  Would I if I had all the time in the world and heaps of money?  Most likely.

edit:
since you are actually aware of what you would like to discuss with me via PM, I propose that you PM me to initiate that discussion.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 12:47:36 pm by DancingTofu »

Offline Griff_the_dragoon

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2009, 12:51:21 pm »
I understand the purpose of this but why would anyone post what there team on here anyway???
if there is going to be a tournement why would you let others see what you have???

China bound!!!

• Catgirl
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2009, 01:17:58 pm »
@Griff
Because you don't have to post the team you're going to use.
It's not like everyone only has one team.

Offline Griff_the_dragoon

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2009, 01:26:26 pm »
true but wouldn't you know if it was a good team anyway???

China bound!!!

• Catgirl
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2009, 04:17:28 pm »
Most teams are good but that doesn't mean they're invincible. These threads are good at finding weakness in your team.

Offline xcthulhux

• Bunnygirl
    • MAI BLOG
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2009, 12:16:07 am »
Most teams are good but that doesn't mean they're invincible. These threads are good at finding weakness in your team.

well that, and if you think your team is great, its a great way to show it off.
just DO NOT post your team here if you don't take criticism lightly.

Offline xcthulhux

• Bunnygirl
    • MAI BLOG
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2009, 09:30:31 am »
hmm... i will have to make a new team soon so i can post it here

Offline Xigbar

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2009, 05:35:19 pm »
I never understood the EV's concept so I wouldn't be able to poast anything about my team under that area.
Kcon '10
-Hinata [Shippuden]
-Rin [Inuyasha]
-Naruta [Hinata Naruto love child]

Offline xcthulhux

• Bunnygirl
    • MAI BLOG
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2009, 12:13:45 pm »
I never understood the EV's concept so I wouldn't be able to poast anything about my team under that area.
its not a hard thing to figure out.
for every 4 ev's you get 1 stat point.
you can have up to 255 ev's in one stat, although if you use 252 you can use the other ev's in other stats.
you can only have up to 510 ev's total.

Offline Pajamurai

• Cabbit
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2009, 08:19:05 am »
you can have up to 255 ev's in one stat, although if you use 252 you can use the other ev's in other stats.

expanding a little further on that, pokerus gives you double the amount of EVs (Ex: You get two attack evs from a gyarados normally, with pokerus, you get four! Enough for one whole stat point). Also the powers items and a few other items also increase the effectiveness of training certain stats.

Offline xcthulhux

• Bunnygirl
    • MAI BLOG
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2009, 08:19:52 pm »

expanding a little further on that, pokerus gives you double the amount of EVs (Ex: You get two attack evs from a gyarados normally, with pokerus, you get four! Enough for one whole stat point). Also the powers items and a few other items also increase the effectiveness of training certain stats.

i believe you are talking about macho brace

Offline Shiba21

• Sailor Scout
    • My deviantART
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2009, 09:38:00 pm »
I prefer using a Power item on a Pokerus'd Pokemon. You can get up to 12 EVs per battle if the Pokemon originally gives out 2 EVs. It speeds things up a lot, but the only thing is that Power items can get pretty expensive. :/
Visit my DeviantART! http://qiisnii.deviantart.com

2013 cosplay plans:

- Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou demo koi ga shitai!) 95%
- Anzu Futaba (iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls) 25%

Offline xcthulhux

• Bunnygirl
    • MAI BLOG
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2009, 09:54:59 pm »
I prefer using a Power item on a Pokerus'd Pokemon. You can get up to 12 EVs per battle if the Pokemon originally gives out 2 EVs. It speeds things up a lot, but the only thing is that Power items can get pretty expensive. :/
See this is really cool, but i have to ask, how often do you actually breed/train

seems like a bit of a burden to do yourself when you can have somebody else do it/pokesav/quick ev etc.

i have people do it for me generally.

Offline Shiba21

• Sailor Scout
    • My deviantART
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2009, 11:25:17 pm »
Well, I don't have anything against people using Pokesav to quick EV, but I guess it feels more rewarding when I EV train them myself. But I actually just got started with competitive battling (I'm not sure I have a balanced team since I haven't done that much battling yet, truthfully). If I ever get into this and feel the need to switch team members/make more teams, I'll probably get lazy and request services from people with Pokesav. xD

The thing that pisses me off is when people hack their Pokemon perfect IVs... that's just not fair. (Oh wait, that belongs in another thread doesn't it... xD )
Visit my DeviantART! http://qiisnii.deviantart.com

2013 cosplay plans:

- Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou demo koi ga shitai!) 95%
- Anzu Futaba (iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls) 25%

Offline xcthulhux

• Bunnygirl
    • MAI BLOG
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2009, 12:58:09 am »
Well, I don't have anything against people using Pokesav to quick EV, but I guess it feels more rewarding when I EV train them myself. But I actually just got started with competitive battling (I'm not sure I have a balanced team since I haven't done that much battling yet, truthfully). If I ever get into this and feel the need to switch team members/make more teams, I'll probably get lazy and request services from people with Pokesav. xD

The thing that pisses me off is when people hack their Pokemon perfect IVs... that's just not fair. (Oh wait, that belongs in another thread doesn't it... xD )
why don't you post your team in the RMT thread?
i would be more than happy to give you some personal team critique if you like as well, just pm me

EDIT: wow... i just realized that this IS the RMT thread.
GG
my offer still stands
« Last Edit: August 31, 2009, 01:00:24 am by xcthulhux »

Offline xcthulhux

• Bunnygirl
    • MAI BLOG
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2009, 12:18:50 am »
ok, so i have this trick room team i have been working on, but i do not remember the EV's etc, so whenever i get the chance, i will put them on my supercard, and get the stats and such, so i can post it here for critique. I will also clone it, so i have something to battle with other than my plat lol

Offline xcthulhux

• Bunnygirl
    • MAI BLOG
« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2009, 04:20:01 pm »
Sunny Day RMT

I have been meaning to build a new sunny day team ever since i made my first one, which wasn't very good. I hope this team has as much potential as it does creativity, as you have to be creative to make a decent sunny day team, from what i have heard.

At a glance:

Up Close:

MakeItHot the Flygon
Impish Nature
Levitate
64hp/192atk/252spe
@Heat Rock
Sunny Day
Fire Punch
Outrage
Earthquake

I chose Flygon as my lead because it works well. Its speed is decent, so it can set up sunny day, and has the power to take out, or do decent damage to most common leads. Azelf, Aerodactyl, and Gengar all take lethal damage from outrage, and nigh lethal damage from fire punch in sunny day. Infernape is OHKO'd by earthquake and outrage, and Zapdos is 2-3HKO'd by outrage. Swampert is 2-3HKO'd by outrage, and can't hit flygon for lethal damage without avalanche or ice beam.

FIREPROOF the Heatran
Naive Nature
Flashfire
4hp/252spatk/252spe
@Choice Scarf
Hidden Power Ice
Flamethrower
Explosion
Earth Power

Heatran is a monster. No matter how you put it, it is too good to not use. With the fire boost from Sunny Day, Flamethrower can do a very large amount of damage to anything that doesn't resist it. I switched to a Scarf-Tran because i realized that i wouldn't be able to properly take on other heatrans. The other upside to scarf tran, is being able to revenge kill dragon types with HP ice. Without Heatran and Latias, this team would be destroyed by most common dragons.

DolFace the Claydol
Impish Nature
Levitate
252hp/64def/192spdef
@Heat Rock
Rapid Spin
Stealth Rock
Explosion
Sunny Day

ClayDol provides this team with pure support. With a lowered water weakness, and the amount of bulk it has, it is quite capable of coming in, setting up, and booming with not much trouble at all. When im not equipped with a lead rocker, i need something in late game, so Claydol is here to get the job done. Rapid spin is really helpful as well, as it gets rid of toxic spikes, and rocks, which is a minor annoyance at best, but can still hurt my team.

LiekMaiTan the Infernape
Naive
Blaze
252atk/64spatk/192spe
@life orb
Sunny Day
Overheat
Close Combat
U-turn

My team lacks enough fire abuse, and needed another poke to set up Sunny Day, so Infernape seemed like the perfect candidate. Overheat is an extremely strong fire stab, and with the life orb and sunny day boost, it hits hard. He basically stabs everything that doesn't resist them, and then either u-turns out, or sets up Sunny Day, depending on if Sunny Day is still up. U-turn is also useful against Tyranitar in the situation of me being out of PP for Close Combat, or if my Infernape is getting low on health due to Sandstorm.

Tentacle the Tangrowth
Jolly Nature
Chlorophyll
4hp/252atk/252spe
@leftovers
Swords Dance
Power Whip
Earthquake
Rock Tomb

Tangrowth is a beast. There is no question there. This Tangrowth is designed to harm. I will bring it out ,in sun, on something that will force my opponent to switch. While they switch, i can set up my SD. Power Whip OHKO's Swampert, Tyranitar, and Hippowdon after an SD, and 2HKO's max defense Blissey. With the Chlorophyll boost, it outspeeds timid/naive scarf-Tran, and OHKO's with Earthquake. Pain Split is there so that when my healt starts to get low, from life orb damage, I can just steal my opponents health. I changed Pain Split to Rock tomb, because Salamences were giving me to much trouble, and after an SD it does 75%-100% damage to the standard DDyachemence.

SolarJet the Latias
Modest Nature
Levitate
4hp/252spatk/252spe
@leftovers
Calm Mind
Dragon Pulse
Thunderbolt
Recover

Latias is amazing. She can take plenty of shots and set up, and if its HP gets too low, it can recover. I replaced Solarbeam with Thunderbolt, so that i could hit Scizor and Heatran for regular damage, and Empoleon and Skarmory for 2x. After a couple Calm Minds, it can hit Tyranitar pretty hard, even after the spdef boost from SS, and when it kills my latias, i can revenge it with Infernape, or Tangrowth.

I really appreciate any feedback, or help on this team. Thanks in advance.

xcthulhux
« Last Edit: December 12, 2009, 04:23:44 pm by xcthulhux »