Author Topic: [Closed] Serious Cosplay Partner Around Portland?  (Read 4921 times)

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
[Closed] Serious Cosplay Partner Around Portland?
« on: August 12, 2009, 10:56:38 am »
Hello! It's been a little while since I've posted anything here, now's as a good a time as any to post this ad, so here it is~

I am looking for a serious cosplay partner to have some fun with in the Portland, OR area.

About Me:
- I'm a 20-year-old Asian girl who loves cosplay, currently living in Gresham.
- I've been cosplaying for three months and take it very seriously (I have no life, haha, it's the only thing I do DX)
- You can check out my deviantART with a handful of my cosplay pictures here: http://laofujoshi.deviantart.com/
- I'd like to think that I'm very nice and considerate, but it's up to you to decide what you think of me :P
- I'm also very open-minded and almost always willing to cosplay anything.

Who I'm Looking For:
- Someone who lives in the Portland area who would be willing to meet up for photoshoots and the like every other month or so (THIS IS IMPORTANT TAT) .
- Someone who's been cosplaying for a little while at least, but you don't have to be perfect! I'm certainly not >3<
- Someone who will be able to do this for a long while, because I want to cosplay from lots of different series!
- Someone who has an open mind can bring lots of cosplay ideas to the table.
- Someone who is at least 18 years old. (I'll consider someone younger, but I don't really want to have to deal with persuading parents or anything, so please keep that in mind, sorry!)

I'm not sure I'll get many replies to this, but if I didn't post this up, I wouldn't have ANY chance of finding someone interested >3<

What is this all about? I have a couple friends in Australia whose number one hobby is cosplaying. Their costumes and photos are GORGEOUS (I'm so jealous xD) and they look like they have SO much fun... I wish I could do the same with someone here.

Their deviantART: http://gundamfamiglia.deviantart.com/
Their Cosplay Adventures Video on YouTube: www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYkq9_Jors8

If you're interested, please post in here or send me a PM~ Please don't post negative comments in this thread, I'm just looking for a local cosplay buddy, I'm not trying to offend anyone TAT Thank you!

[Edited August 15th]

Okay, so it hasn't been a full week since I posted this thread, but I've decided to close it for the time being and cosplay solo to develop some more skills. Thank you to those who were interested or offered support; hopefully I will be back in the near future (and hopefully with a little more experience, haha) looking to meet some new people again soon~

Thanks again!
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 07:20:48 am by iluvshijimi »

Offline CloudStrife32

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook, yo!
Re: [Wanted] Serious Cosplay Partner Around Portland?
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2009, 12:47:21 pm »
I'm no good with cosplay(in my own opinion), plus I'm only 17.
Anyway!
I wish you luck on your quest, Sam! <3
~Sakuracon '13~
Leon S. Kennedy [Resident Evil 6]
Paperman [Paperman]

Offline leonmasteries

• Catgirl
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2009, 12:52:04 pm »
I would love to, except my car doesn't work, and I live in Longview (about 30 minutes away) But I have been larping for quite a few years, which mean's I do take my outfits very seriously and try to make them look as good as possible. I also tend to pay attention to detail as well.

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2009, 01:00:43 pm »
I'm no good with cosplay(in my own opinion), plus I'm only 17.
Anyway!
I wish you luck on your quest, Sam! <3

Aww, thank you Cloud-chan! You're kind of like my mini cheerleading squad, haha xD

@ leonmasteries

It sounds like you put a good amount of time and effort into your costumes :3 Should you get your car fixed, feel free to poke me again~

Offline leonmasteries

• Catgirl
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2009, 01:15:30 pm »
sure  ;D sounds good.

Offline IcyMelon

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2009, 04:11:59 pm »
I would totally go for it but I'm under 18 and
I probably won't be able to do many cosplays till
next year when I'm a senior and making more monies :PP

sorry sam D:

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2009, 07:02:18 pm »
I would totally go for it but I'm under 18 and
I probably won't be able to do many cosplays till
next year when I'm a senior and making more monies :PP

sorry sam D:

It's okay! You're still cool~ :D

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2009, 07:25:37 pm »
Are you hoping there be a new cosplay at each new meetup/photoshoot or just be able to go to Portland every other month?
"Hm, the Moe is strong with this one..."
Kylite-"You and your TV Tropes!"<Refering to This Troper's ruined voc

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2009, 08:49:08 pm »
Are you hoping there be a new cosplay at each new meetup/photoshoot or just be able to go to Portland every other month?

I'm hoping that we can have a new cosplay at each meetup/photoshoot around Portland every other month :3

@ Dana

I'd actually be interested in cosplaying with you because you're so darned cute and you're very mature for your age (I'm sure you get that a lot xD) I also know your sister, where you live, and I absolutely love your cosplays <333 Just wondering if you'll be able to do this with me AND do stuff for your cosplay groups/Shojo Pro though? ^^;; (I'm in Shojo Pro too lol, maybe I should put that in consideration... xD)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 09:18:39 pm by iluvshijimi »

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2009, 09:13:33 pm »
Having a new cosplay every other month may be difficult for me(mostly a lack of motivation to work on projects).  Though I'm confident I meet the other requirements.

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2009, 09:19:28 pm »
It doesn't have to be every other month, but not so far apart between costumes that we lose interest or something ^^;;

Do you have any pictures of your previous cosplays? :3

Offline xRIxKUx

• Bunnygirl
    • D.A
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2009, 09:27:30 pm »
>o<!!! O I always wanted that!!!
 How many new cosplays do we need? <.< I am supposed to be retiring after I make this cosplay but this offer is so tempting! xD
I like goats.

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2009, 09:38:58 pm »
I don't know how long we'd do this... If we get along really well (which I hope we do :3) I'm hoping at least a year, maybe more if we hit it off? xD

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2009, 10:31:21 pm »
@iluvshijimi
I'm going to send you a pm.

Sent
« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 10:40:37 pm by Seraph »

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2009, 10:51:32 pm »
Replied :3

Offline PaperRoxas

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • My Cosplay deviantART Account
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2009, 11:30:28 pm »
o3o I'm 19 but as of now I dun have enough money or sewing skills to be making/buying cosplays like every 3 months....I only work part time and I'm going to be heading back to school in Sept.

The cosplays I have done are Yuna (FFX), Twilight Town Roxas (Kingdom Hearts II), Tamaki (Ouran High School Host Club), Kaien (Vampire Knight), Tsunade (Naruto)

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2009, 11:41:30 pm »
o3o I'm 19 but as of now I dun have enough money or sewing skills to be making/buying cosplays like every 3 months....I only work part time and I'm going to be heading back to school in Sept.

The cosplays I have done are Yuna (FFX), Twilight Town Roxas (Kingdom Hearts II), Tamaki (Ouran High School Host Club), Kaien (Vampire Knight), Tsunade (Naruto)

Aw, thanks for your interest though! I like your Yuna and Tamaki :3

Offline PaperRoxas

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • My Cosplay deviantART Account
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2009, 12:54:59 pm »

Aw, thanks for your interest though! I like your Yuna and Tamaki :3

8D Thanks

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2009, 01:00:56 pm »
I'd love to cosplay with you. xD (I'm pretty sure I don't have much problems with my parents keeping me from going places/cosplaying~ Just not too many sources for transportation.)
Yes, I'd probably be able to... But a cosplay every other month might be a bit much for me *-* I'm sure you know I sew my costumes, so I'm going to be having to sew a LOT if I make another costume every other month orz (Not to mention, my wallet's gunna hurt. D: ) I'm also thinking of skipping a few of my groups' cosplays since I'll be darned busy and I want my con time.~

Hmm, if every other month is too tight a timeline, what would work for you? :3 I just picked every other month 'cuz monthly is really hard for a lot of people, but I don't want to wait too long in between costumes... I don't do any cosplays stuff except for Shojo Pro, but I'm not helping out until the High-King thing, so I have a lot of free time and it gets boring not doing anything xD I know you have a very busy cosplay life though, so maybe it'd be best to ask you :D

Offline camname21

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2009, 09:37:28 pm »

Looks like you found someone to cosplay with already.  I'm just starting out with this whole thing so that kind of goes against your rules to begin with, but it would be cool to find another close cosplayer to pair up with.  I live near portland, and other then being new to cosplay I think this would be fun.  Let me know how things go.

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2009, 10:47:36 pm »
Maybe every 3 months? orz
I'm not a total freak about organizing when I have to cosplay, so I just make cosplay randomly and it's usually once every couple of months, so I think once every 3 months will work for me. :P

Gah... That's quite a length of time @_@ For someone like me who doesn't do much, that would go by really slowly, haha~

@ camname21

If you're new, have you finished at least one cosplay? I've only cosplayed three characters so far... If you have any pictures I'd love to take a look :3

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2009, 10:52:09 pm »
how about set shorter periods for simple cosplays and longer periods when someone has a complex one(or busy x_x)?

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2009, 12:32:17 am »
We can also just do cosplays at random times, idk XD

My brain can't seem to figure out when we would decide on a cosplay theme, much less how we would wrap our heads around a deadline if we did it randomly, lol xD

@ Seraph

That's a pretty good idea D:

Offline camname21

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2009, 01:12:44 am »
@ camname21

If you're new, have you finished at least one cosplay? I've only cosplayed three characters so far... If you have any pictures I'd love to take a look :3[/font]

I haven't finished one yet, but I'm trying to do one for this kc.

Offline BloodyWhisker

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2009, 06:22:16 pm »
If I were 18+ I'd love to be your cosplay partner!
But... since I'm only 14, I don't think I could do that. ^-^; Plus, my family is kind of hasty about letting me cosplay in the first place since it costs a bit of money that they likely don't have.

Good luck finding a cosplay partner, though!
Cosplays for '12:
Homestuck: Sollux - 45%

Offline iluvshijimi

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
Re: [Closed] Serious Cosplay Partner Around Portland?
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2009, 07:22:38 am »
Edited my first post with the details of the closure, but for convenience, it's quoted below:

[Edited August 15th]

Okay, so it hasn't been a full week since I posted this thread, but I've decided to close it for the time being and cosplay solo to develop some more skills. Thank you to those who were interested or offered support; hopefully I will be back in the near future (and hopefully with a little more experience, haha) looking to meet some new people again soon~

Thanks again!