Author Topic: 9 Movie  (Read 6904 times)

Offline Syd-chan

• Bunnygirl
9 Movie
« on: August 05, 2009, 02:56:44 pm »
So, I saw this trailer while watching Caroline today. xD http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnoJecu9e7c I immediately recognized the song, and was surprised they used it. Looks pretty good, although I kept thinking of Demyx while it. [/brick'd]

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
Re: 9 Movie
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2009, 03:20:40 pm »
Yeah I saw that trailer during Harry Potter. It looks pretty good :D

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2009, 10:24:55 pm »
I so can't wait for that movie. It will be so amazingly epic. And I don't know anything abotu what a demyx is, but I thought the song fit perfectly in the trailer. It was Coheed & Cambria, right?

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2009, 10:26:58 pm »
yeah Welcome Home. I like that song a lot, due to rock band :P

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2009, 10:29:15 pm »
heh, yeah. I heard the song in the trailer before I knew it was by them. I never would have pictured them doing it, because it is so epic and I kind of always associated them with emo scream/rock.

But really, I am super stoked for this movie. The graphics look amazing, the cast alone is awesome overload (Elijah Wood, John C. Reilly!), post-apocalyptic ragdoll Stitchpunk?! If you can find something not to like about that, I may not want to know you, lol.  ;D
« Last Edit: August 05, 2009, 10:31:10 pm by EveofAbyss »

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2009, 12:01:11 pm »
i am thinking of going to see this for my birthday
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline The_Geek

• Chibi
    • My Deviant Art
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2009, 02:57:57 pm »
I must see this! I saw the previews for it when I watched Harry Potter, and was all, "YES! Another Tim Burton film!"
All depression has its roots in self-pity, and all self-pity is rooted in people taking themselves too seriously.
                                + Tom Robbins

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2009, 08:46:57 pm »
They had pretty cool little hole in the wall booth at Comic-con. they handed out these collectible  post cards (I got 8 of 9) you could take to an "altered reality" web cam to see what popped up on the back.

It was a great way to keep up with modern technology. I'm excited about this film.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2009, 11:02:44 am »
As with a lot of things lately, they have already announces a couple figures/toys for the film that they plan to release soon. Of course, I totally want them. The two they announced so far as 1 and 9, I think. Look absolutely amazing: http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/32915/neca-unveils-first-two-figures-its-9-line

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2009, 12:22:41 pm »
I was freaking out at first thinking it was a new video game but was excited they used that song. <3
da/tumblr
Pull the trigger, pull the trigger, pull the trigger. BOOM

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2009, 12:23:23 pm »
Without doubt they will make a 9 game eventually. Haven't heard anything yet but I'm sure they will.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline electrodude102

• Cabbit
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2009, 05:57:12 pm »
i watched the movie yesterday ... it was ok but i think the commercials were better

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2009, 06:04:46 pm »
Yeah, I was oddly disappointed by this movie after seeing it last night. I thought it was way too slow getting to the "meat" of the film, so to speak. It just took way too long to make me feel like it had a point to make, you know?

The whole movie just felt kind of tamed to me, kind of really tamed and bland. I was surprised, 'cause I was sure it would have rocked my socks off, but...alas.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline xcthulhux

• Bunnygirl
    • MAI BLOG
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2009, 12:01:39 am »
i saw it today, and all of the good parts may have been in the trailer, but it still wasn't bad.

i liked it because it contained a lot of hidden messages.
i liked how in the beginning, around the time the machine was activated, the machine was kind of portrayed as a god figure in the sense that it created things in its image, which destroyed the world around them.

later in the movie it seemed like the creator resembled god, the machine resembled humans, and everything else resembled earth, in the sense that the machine was destroying the earth, by creating things in its image(children) and the generations of which were more and more destructive.
the creator created the machine(humans), and he created the dolls (earth).
i wonder if it is supposed to mean that the earth will fight back <.<

it contained a lot of symbolism, which i enjoyed, and i really liked the animation.
it really confused me when they let go of the souls of the other dolls though because i thought they were going to bring them back to life..

Who was everyones favorite doll? i like 2

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2009, 12:08:41 am »
I need to check this out still.  Need someone to go with *winkwinknudgenudgeyouknowyourname*
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>

Offline TanisNikana

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2009, 12:08:57 am »
I guess I don't need to see it anymore.

Thanks for the spoilers.

Offline xcthulhux

• Bunnygirl
    • MAI BLOG
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2009, 12:22:30 am »
I need to check this out still.  Need someone to go with *winkwinknudgenudgeyouknowyourname*
cthulhu?

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2009, 12:30:19 am »
cthulhu?
That does NOT rhyme with Ronald Reagan. >:[

Offline xcthulhux

• Bunnygirl
    • MAI BLOG
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2009, 12:32:15 am »
I guess I don't need to see it anymore.

Thanks for the spoilers.
GG

cthulhu?
That does NOT rhyme with Ronald Reagan. >:[
If you actually CAN find something that rhymes with cthulhu, you deserve some media attention.

Offline xcthulhux

• Bunnygirl
    • MAI BLOG
Re: Rap war o snap
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2009, 12:53:42 am »
[piano solo]
[/piano solo][hacking up blood like in any good death metal song]

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2009, 01:21:18 am »
Yeeah, I'd say let's refrain from any specifics about the movie or plot just yet. The movie has only been out a couple days. Vague critiques are fine because they don't give anything away, but try to refrain from synopses.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Sakis01

• Catgirl
    • Myspace profile :)
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2009, 03:33:18 am »
Hah I already saw the movie. I find it funny that I saw it on 9/9/09 at the Fox Tower in theater 9. xD

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2009, 09:42:55 am »
What are you trying to do, cthulhu? It was a simple request since a lot of people haven't seen it yet, and you have to go and do that? Why would you do that?

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2009, 10:12:16 am »
Maybe just grow up a bit, man. All I was asking is for people not to give anything away, not to post any spoilers, and you do exactly that. You know what you did, so I am just asking you again, to edit that post and take all that information about the movie out. Don't spoil the movie! It's that simple.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline xcthulhux

• Bunnygirl
    • MAI BLOG
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2009, 10:34:44 am »
Maybe just grow up a bit, man. All I was asking is for people not to give anything away, not to post any spoilers, and you do exactly that. You know what you did, so I am just asking you again, to edit that post and take all that information about the movie out. Don't spoil the movie! It's that simple.
somebody quoted it. even if i edited the post, the information would not be gone.

i don't know about you, but for me, spoilers make me want to see it more, so i know wtf they are talking about.
anyone who doesn't know the basic storyline of the movie won't understand the spoilers anyway. GG

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2009, 10:42:41 am »
I'm just asking you to change your post. You know, do something different and act mature. ^_^

Moving on, even though I was slightly disappointed by the movie, I thought it was visually well-done. I thought it an interesting mark of the progress made since Burton's beginning with Vincent and The Nightmare Before Christmas. Still in the style of stop-motion, but the clay has been replaced by pure CG. Some real evolution there. Pretty cool.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline xcthulhux

• Bunnygirl
    • MAI BLOG
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2009, 10:47:57 am »
I'm just asking you to change your post. You know, do something different and act mature. ^_^

Moving on, even though I was slightly disappointed by the movie, I thought it was visually well-done. I thought it an interesting mark of the progress made since Burton's beginning with Vincent and The Nightmare Before Christmas. Still in the style of stop-motion, but the clay has been replaced by pure CG. Some real evolution there. Pretty cool.
just wanted to mention here that nightmare before christmas was only PRODUCED by tim burton.
he did nothing else in that movie.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2009, 10:53:46 am »
Not that it matters, but I don't know where you got that from, because the entire story of TNBC was written by Tim Burton. Everyone knows that. Why else would TNBC be consistently called "Burton's Classic", and the like.

He is the one who conceived the film, all the characters, and the bulk of the movie in the first place. Yes, he didn't direct it, but it takes more than a director to make a movie.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2009, 10:54:28 am by EveofAbyss »

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline xcthulhux

• Bunnygirl
    • MAI BLOG
« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2009, 11:04:28 am »
Not that it matters, but I don't know where you got that from, because the entire story of TNBC was written by Tim Burton. Everyone knows that. Why else would TNBC be consistently called "Burton's Classic", and the like.

He is the one who conceived the film, all the characters, and the bulk of the movie in the first place. Yes, he didn't direct it, but it takes more than a director to make a movie.
sorry, i forgot that he did actually write the movie, but the character design, and animation was done by henry selick.

the fact that burton did any work in the actual movie is a common misconception.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2009, 11:18:33 am »
True, pretty interesting. I guess people love him for the creation, more than his actual hands-on involvement in the physical aspects of the film. I know that's why I like him. The movie may have been crafted by someone else, but it was his brainchild, and it's the spirit of the film that I love.

I also liked how 8 bore a fun resemblance to Oogie Boogie.  :)

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline xcthulhux

• Bunnygirl
    • MAI BLOG
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2009, 11:22:20 am »

I also liked how 8 bore a fun resemblance to Oogie Boogie.  :)
this.
i totally didn't even think about that until now.
i loved it when he got high off of the magnet, that made me lolersk8

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2009, 11:27:42 am »
Yeah, that was one of the funnier moments for me, heh.

And of course, his weapon...I couldn't not think of a Buster Sword seeing it, lol

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Kahlan4

• Catgirl
    • myspace
« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2009, 10:39:59 pm »
i loved the movie ^.^ i thought the concept was really interesting, and i love post-apocalyptic things, plus, the dolls looked awesome. my favorite was 6, i just wanted to see more of him ^.^ in fact, i just wanted more of the movie... it felt short... i think it could have used a little more time for character development. one of the people that went with us to see it said it should have been a mini-series so it would have time to develop characters and give more time for the story, and i think that would have been a great way to go also. but that aside, the movie was great ^.^

let's all meet at icicle inn!

Offline xcthulhux

• Bunnygirl
    • MAI BLOG
« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2009, 11:57:30 pm »
i loved the movie ^.^ i thought the concept was really interesting, and i love post-apocalyptic things, plus, the dolls looked awesome. my favorite was 6, i just wanted to see more of him ^.^ in fact, i just wanted more of the movie... it felt short... i think it could have used a little more time for character development. one of the people that went with us to see it said it should have been a mini-series so it would have time to develop characters and give more time for the story, and i think that would have been a great way to go also. but that aside, the movie was great ^.^

it would have been a cool mini series, but i think that it was supposed to be more "in real time".
except not at all.

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2009, 01:22:34 am »
Tim Burton is widely admired as one of the greatest twisted freaks of modern America.  I've never really heard anyone attribute him with any other major accomplishments.

Offline HardstyleZombie

• Catgirl
« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2009, 01:23:30 am »

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2009, 02:40:07 am »
i don't know about you, but for me, spoilers make me want to see it more, so i know wtf they are talking about.
anyone who doesn't know the basic storyline of the movie won't understand the spoilers anyway. GG
Yes but not everyone is like you.  Lots of people despise spoilers and want to go into something with a clean slate.

I saw 9 on 9/9/09.  Overall I liked it.  Visually it was stunning, loved the designs for everything.  Script-wise I'm happy with the dialogue as nothing felt tacked on.
My only complaints were that some scene changes were a little choppy (whoa, wait, how'd they get there?) and sometimes the movie relied too much on loud sounds to shock the audience.

Offline Darknight2433

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #37 on: September 13, 2009, 10:52:24 pm »
I loved ittt!

And I just found this thread, lololol.  :D I saw the movie with my mom, and it was a bit more violent then usually I'm used to~

What I LOVED, and my mom didn't, is how towards the beginning they showed the mother and child dead in the car. (I sound bad for saying that, haha) But like, animated movies in theaters finally stepped beyond the 'just show the earth is destroyed by buildings collapsing, not humans dead' thing.

Also, I cried at the end, haha.

My personal favorites were 4. (those were the twins, right?)

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #38 on: September 13, 2009, 11:59:01 pm »
One of the twins but yes (3 was the other)

Offline Darknight2433

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2009, 12:45:03 am »
One of the twins but yes (3 was the other)
No wonder! I thought they were only one number, but that made me so confused as to who was 3. Thanks. :D

lolspoiler?

I also was a bit bothered by how none of the original nine were killed before 9 awoke. I mean, I loved all of them, but the realistic odds are that at least one of them would be destroyed by that point in time.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2009, 08:43:34 pm by CatchxMe »

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2009, 07:49:58 am »
*POTENTIAL SPOILER (highlight to read)*

Well, the flashbacks and 1's chart made you think some had been destroyed. Deceptive much? heh
« Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 07:51:28 am by EveofAbyss »

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline JeffT

• Administrator
    • Facebook
    • Google+
« Reply #41 on: September 15, 2009, 08:42:15 pm »
I removed the "drive-by" spoilers. (Warning ahead of time in your post is ok.) Posting that is not cool. Remember, please make use of the report to moderator function--the sooner we know, the sooner we can take care of it.
2023: Website Development Coordinator
2020-2022: Assistant Secretary, Website Development Coordinator
2011 - 2013, 2016-2019: Secretary
2007 - 2019: Website Manager
2015: Assistant Secretary
2014: Chair
2007 - 2009: Director of Publicity
2006: Copy Editor

Offline Darknight2433

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #42 on: September 15, 2009, 08:44:13 pm »
*POTENTIAL SPOILER (highlight to read)*

Well, the flashbacks and 1's chart made you think some had been destroyed. Deceptive much? heh
Spoilerrr?
YES. I also thought more then 9 were made. It seemed like they were crawling everywhere.